Reviews of Morrison Clark Inn This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

1011 L Steet NW, Northwest, Washington, DC, DC 20001, United States of America

#21 of 138 hotels in Washington, DC

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

The overall hotel and room were beautiful.
    • Superior Queen Room

Room was very cramped with furniture, there was construction going on directly outside hotel so it could be quite loud at times. No iron in hotel room.

The overall hotel and room were beautiful. Bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Not bad for the price
    • Superior Queen Room

Rooms are small. It was my anniversary and I let the hotel know in advance, yet the person checking us in to our room wasn't aware of this. I mentioned it and she just said congrats. However the other attendant stepped in and upgraded our room. The room was nice but still small. I can't imagine what our original room would look like. Also, the tub was very slippery and there were no tub mats, or place to put your soap or shampoo except the side of the tub.

Hotel was in a great location near metro, convention center and lots of restaurants

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Nice staff and hotel
    • Superior Queen Room

I would have preferred a location that is a bit closer to the national mall. I would also be pleased to have a kettle or a coffee maker in the room.

Nice staff and hotel

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Excellent.
    • Superior Queen Room

Needed a dresser with drawer space for clothing or at least 2 luggage racks instead of one. No place to access clothing and accessories.

Friendly, efficient staff. Excellent location. Comfortable and quiet.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Perfect romantic luxurious room
    • Superior Queen Room

The hotel is absolutely amazing. It’s the perfect hotel for a romantic getaway. It’s very luxurious and clean. The service is impeccable. The only downside was the room size. It was a little on the small side but other than that it was excellent

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

peaceful safe and comfortable .
    • Superior Queen Room

The addition of tea, coffee making in the room would be good. A herbal tea for bed time....

peaceful safe and comfortable ..lovely big bed after a LONG flight

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

If in Washington, stay at this hotel definitely!

Nothing!!!

One of the best hotels we stayed at. The attitude of the staff was excellent during our entire stay. The hotel is very comfortable, it gives you a feeling of home, the rooms are spacious, well equipped and luxurious. There is a nice restaurant in the hotel. The hotel is located within walking distance from the White House (about 20 minutes) and many attractions on the mall, and a 10 minutes ride from the Union Station, in a very nice neighborhood.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Historic property, superb restaurant on site, delightful...
    • Superior Queen Room

Historic property, superb restaurant on site, delightful courtyard, walking distance to downtown sites, friendly staff. I always feel safe and comfortable here as a single female traveler

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

No amenities, never coming back.
    • Superior Queen Room

No toilet paper in the bathroom when we arrived, the bathroom had a leak above the shower, so while I was showering I had water dripping on me from the ceiling. No coffee machine in the room or complementary coffee anywhere else in the hotel. Parking was $47 a night nobody explained that to us.

Check out was 12pm

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Great location for central Washington
    • Superior Queen Room

Room was slightly on the small side and quite far from the metro.

Lovely hotel with nice courtyard. Staff were very friendly. Perfect location to see all the big sights!

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Enjoyable, value for money. Small things could be improved upon.
    • Superior Queen Room

No tea or coffee facilities in the room. This is very disappointing. They should offer these facilities on request.

Good location. Friendly staff. I had a nice room although at first they offered a room where a common-area court-yard looked directly into my bedroom window (at ground level).

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

for those who like to stay in a special place
    • Superior Queen Room

it appears that the rooms on the 6th floor are a bit noisy because of the aircondition machines on the roof so we switched to the room on the 2nd floor that was ok, the fitness room is really tiny. cannot accomodate more then 3 people.

helpful staff assisted to pick out the most quiet room in the hotel, cosy room, comfortable bed, clean and nice bathroom, breakfast and dinner is quality , the local restaurant is quality, very conveniently sitiated hotel close to anywhere in downtown, historical building gives you some additional taste that we enjoyed, cofee in the early morning was gladly accepted, bellboy Teshale from Ephiopia was especially friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Lovely room, super nice staff.
    • Superior Queen Room

No iron or luggage rack in-room and pretty noisy on the street-side, but I slept through it. There is a bench and an iron is available upon request. Drinking glasses are small (4 oz.), there is no ice machine, and I don't remember any hangers in my room. Cable is also quite limited, should one need that.

Lovely room, super nice staff. Sitting area is separate from bedroom and bathroom and both the bedroom and sitting area have TV's. The bed was extremely comfortable. Located near plenty of restaurants. Bottled water is included with the stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

We enjoyed very much and would highly recommend.
    • Superior Queen Room

Staff was very friendly and helpful with directions, etc. Had cocktails and dinner at the bar. Bartender was very friendly and had lots of suggestions of art exhibits in the area. Thedecor in lobby is very nice. Nice outside area for relaxing. Easy walking to the many sites.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Decent room.
    • Superior Queen Room

Terrible gym with non-functioning equipment. Loading dock garage door just beneath my room made lots of noise opening and closing at late hours. Had to take elevator to get to room on second floor - no stairway access. Inconsistent staff quality - some very friendly, but some indifferent. Strange for a small hotel. Pillows hard.

Decent room.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Comfy room, excellent location , close to convention centre...
    • Superior Queen Room

Very disappointed that there was no coffee or tea making facilities in the room

Comfy room, excellent location , close to convention centre and tourist attractions

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Excellent hotel in all regards

Very hard to fault

This is a great hotel, exceptional staff, good position, great value, excellent quality sheets and towels ( better than other more expensive hotels). Very clean would happily stay again

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Hip hotel. Great vibe. Good value.
    • Superior Queen Room

Stairs. Surprised to find steep stairs at entry off street and in central lobby as necessary paths to expedite passage from A to B. Staff is happy to help you carry luggage throughout. Best if you wear walking shoes in these areas if you're to navigate stairs.

Cool decor, warm staff, relaxing courtyard, lovely room, comfy mattress, lux comforter, Will stay again.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Excellent Stay for a Great Price
    • Superior Queen Room

My stay at Morrison Clark was superb. Each and every staff member was friendly, helpful and outgoing. The WiFi worked wonderfully the entire stay. I've already booked this property for my next visit.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Outstanding I would love to stay there next year around the same time if the rooms are available
    • Superior Queen Room

There was no vending machine to get anything to drink, even though you have drinks in the room. That's all well and good a little to much. I understand this place is the top of the line, snacks dosing hurt anyone. Just a thought.

What eggs? Now the bed felt like Heaven As far as the Hotel it is a Very Nice Place to stay. Very Luxury very Plush. The staff was very nice very helpful. I didn't get a chance to see all of the hotel but I believe it is very beautiful. Thank You for the comfort of this lovely Place Room 104

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

If the opportunity presents itself, we will definitely stay here again. Just no room service :D
    • Superior Queen Room

No coffee-maker in room, high menu pricing (but I guess I understand), gratuity confusion (apparently you don't have to tip. We found out after the fact. lol)

Super nice shower, Morrison Burger is mighty tasty, and very kind staff.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Comfortable rooms, very nice staff and it was great to have...
    • Superior Queen Room

It was a little farther from the mall than I would’ve liked.

Comfortable rooms, very nice staff and it was great to have a restaurant & bar onsite. After long days of sightseeing, we enjoyed cocktails and dessert in the evening at the hotel.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Location, Shower, Bed 10/10
    • Superior Queen Room

The staff are excellent and we’ll trained in customer service. The bathrooms are by far my favourite thing in our room, exquisite shower. Never wanted to leave.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

It was a very pleasant stay and great location!
    • Superior Queen Room

Very nice property with excellent staff. All well trained in customer service. Location is great, we walked to the Mall and back with no problem, and many restaurants near the property.

• Reviewed: May 25, 2018

Great stay!
    • Superior Queen Room

Parking at the hotel is pricey (forgot exactly how much), but apparently that is the case at every hotel in DC.

The staff were great and extra friendly. It was my mothers and I's birthday and they gave us a little birthday present with chocolates and a card - was very unexpected and sweet! Room was clean and very comfy. They also gave us the best room in the whole building with great views! Would definitely recommend this hotel. Thanks for the stay!

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Great hotel, charming, perfect location!
    • Superior Queen Room

They forgot to clean our room 1 day and we came home at 5:00 pm to the room not being cleaned which was inconvenient because we had to call the front desk and then leave the room after an exhausting day of sight seeing. They did rectify this quickly. Also didn't like how one of the doormen was trying to sell us Hop on Hop off bus passes. He said we had to get it on Sunday because he wouldn't be there on Monday - lo and behold he was there on Monday. Didn't appreciate the pushiness of this man.

The coziness of the hotel, the comfort of the mattress and the friendliness of the staff.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

We got upgraded and very much enjoyed our stay at Morrison...
    • Superior Queen Room

Breakfast should be served longer on weekends.

We got upgraded and very much enjoyed our stay at Morrison Clark Inn. Our room was spacious and comfortable, the hotel is newly renovated. Great value for money and service. Would be happy to be back.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Beautiful hotel, amazing and helpful staff.
    • Victorian Room

Beautiful hotel, amazing and helpful staff. The Victorian Room was just stunning and comfortable. After a long day, I called room service and they were super accommodating- I wanted a grilled cheese sandwich, which was not on the menu. The chef took care of me and it was outstanding! I would highly recommend the Morrison Clark and will definitely be staying there again with my family!

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Amazing historical hotel located in a centre of the city!
    • Superior Queen Room

Amazing historical hotel located in a centre of the city! Didn’t need a car, everything was so close. Staff is friendly and professional. Room was very clean, cozy and beautiful. Will definitely recommend to my friends!

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

Great hotel with a comfortable room.
    • Superior Queen Room

The doors could close a little softer.

The beds are comfortable and the pillows are fluffy. The design of the hotel is very clean, modern, and consistent. I would absolutely come here again. The staff are kind and helpful. Overall, it's a great space.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Well situated, very cute and comfortable.
    • Superior Queen Room

Other than the lighting in the bathroom being a little poor it was great.

Well situated, very cute and comfortable. The bed was amazing!!! Room service came very quickly. Kinda pricey for a one night stay but worth it if you spend enough time in the room

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

A 3 minute walk to the convention center; pleasant staff and a comfortable stay.
    • Superior Queen Room

Room was noisy at night despite being at the end of the hall on the fourth floor. It sounded like plumbing or machinery.

Excellent coffee and breakfast (though not much choice).

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Expensive but really nice and a great location.
    • Superior Queen Room

I wish I had had coffee available past 7:30. The room was small so there was not room for making coffee in my room. So they made it available in the lobby but it could have been there all day!

The room had a nice view and the bed was really comfortable. Once I figured it out the temperature controls were really responsive.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

Very nice staff, good location, comfortable bed, quiet place...
    • Superior Queen Room

We had 1 pair of slippers but we had a room for 2 persons. At the check out they told us that we had to ask for the second pair. Too expensive for March month.

Very nice staff, good location, comfortable bed, quiet place, very nice decorated

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

Convenient location, friendly staff
    • Superior Queen Room

Limited menus both for room service and the restaurant. Overpriced restaurant.. Food was okay but nothing special.

Convenient location, friendly staff

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Beautiful hotel and cozy room in an excellent location
    • Superior Queen Room

The hotel was extremely fancy, which isn't a bad thing, but I felt bad when staff would rush over to open the doors for me when I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself. It just seemed a bit extreme. So did the maid's ACTUAL french maid uniforms. I get the aesthetic aspect of it, but can't we just agree that's not really necessary?

The room was lovely and the staff was very friendly and accommodating, plus the location was perfect!

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Our stay was wonderful and we will stay there again
    • Superior Queen Room

The only thing that we didn’t like was the absence of a coffee maker in the room

The property Met our expectations and the hotel was close to most of the attractions of Washington the room is clean and modern.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Enjoyed my stay - spacious rooms & convenient locations. Just a bit noisy but recently recommended
    • Superior Queen Room

I could hear the creaking through the Walls from people moving around and the Pipes. I heard a constant dripping noise which i assumed to be the water from the rooms above me. Like a leak lol but it wasn’t in my room. Not unbearable but very annoying. I didn’t wanna be difficult by asking to change rooms and I was too exhausted. Also went to the bar to order wine and the bartender wasn’t there. Waiting about ten minutes and still didn’t show.

Very clean. Convient location. Nice room. Very large size and very spacious. I was impressed with it. Easy to check it and check out and there were doormen, which you don’t always see anymore. I’d recommend it here for sure.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Comfortable Nicely Appointed Hotel in a Safe Neighborhood
    • Superior Queen Room

Noisy (Room 122 was on 11th street, next to a building exit) Expensive & very limited parking ($47 total per day) but it was very convenient and Washington DC has very limited overnight parking. Saw a few tiny ants in the bath but it was the first warm spring day. NO COFFEE MAKER.

Location - about 6 blocks from national mall, etc. Very comfortable bed, Nicely decorated room. Large in-room safe. Helpful Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Good location but needs improvement on their services
    • Superior Queen Room

They don't have coffee maker in the room and the complimentary coffee they offer is only between 5 am to 7 am. For a 4 star hotel I think a coffee maker with complimentary coffee should be included in the price.

Room was clean and bed were comfy.The hotel restaurant has a good menu, on a pricey side but good.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Very nice
    • Superior Queen Room

Only issue is in check out they precharged my card when I checked in. So when I checked out they wanted to run it again which would double charge. Had to work with clerk for 45 mins to straighten this out plus call my bank.

Everything was perfect very great staff!

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Great staff!

Everything was Great!

Great staff! I even went with my 4 month old. When we went to brunch my son wouldn't stop crying, our waitress said she would carry him while we ate and he was quiet the whole time after that.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

The front desk has an extremely poor service.
    • Superior Queen Room

The front desk has an extremely poor service. There is no drinks in the mini bar. No housekeeping even though phone call to the front desk has been made. Overall, the stay was extremely unpleasant. The room beyond small, and the service is not worth the money.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

Won't be going back I don't think.
    • Superior Queen Room

I had to walk across the courtyard in the rain to get to my room. They charged me $7 for flat water in the restaurant without warning, salmon was tiny. Fire alarm at 2am, no apology. Weird vibe.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

Geat location, lovely old hotel, excellent restaurant. Very nice, all in all!
    • Superior Queen Room

We had a maintenance issue that required a change of rooms. The upside was that the new room had a bathtub, which I prefer.

Excellent breakfast menu--especially the duck leg confit! We also had a very nice dinner one night. The lobby bar is also very pleasant and accomodating.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Overall I like the hotel and the staff was helpful, I would stay here again.
    • Superior Queen Room

We were given a room right above the lobby - basically overlooking the lobby, so it was quite noisy until 1130 PM, but luckily the people are the bar left then and we didn't hear much noise. Also we were two people but there was only 1 bathrobe. There was also no where to read the wifi password so we had to call down to the reception to get the code. These are small things that didn't really impact our stay however. I could imagine that room being noisy though on a busy morning.

The hotel looks very modern and nice. The location is quite central. Arrive quite late at night and was checked in very quickly. Asked for a 1 pm check out and the staff was very willing and ready to accommodate me which was great. The room itself was very clean and nicely laid out, good size too.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

We really enjoyed our stay and would certainly stay again.
    • Superior Queen Room

I think there should be a rule that no cell phones or computers are allowed in restaurants. We saw three people at one table. All with laptops open and the staff trying to serve them. No room on tables and when staff spoke they were ignored as they were more interested in the computers. Many restaurants in Australia are banning cell. Phones which is probably a good idea for staff. And other guests.

Everything about it. A great place to stay that I would recommend to friends

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Inwoukd stay there again. The front desk staff were really nice and location good for conference cen
    • Superior Queen Room

Ordered breakfast to my room. It came fast - thank you for that! But, the grapefruit was not cut and there was not grapefruit sooon, in fact no sooon at all - not sure how anyone thought one might eat a grapefruit that isn’t cut and with no utensils. Also, got an espresso but no milk or cream was provided and got a toasted bagel and was provided no butter - it wasn’t a very pleasant breakfast for $19!!! But it could have been if a little more attention had been paid to provide a cut grapefruit, some butter etc

Bathroom was pretty spacious and shower was big and nice with good water pressure. Evening turn down service appreciated.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

The doorman did not help me up front steps with luggage on...
    • Parlor Suites

The doorman did not help me up front steps with luggage on way in and was ready to grab the tip at top of step so he did not have to carry my suitcase down ( it fits in an overhead bin). I am near 70 and like to hang unto a rail when ascending stairs - especially steep ones like you have. Because of the steps, I will most likely not stay again after 10 years of it being my go to.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

Staff was wonderful.
    • Superior Queen Room

Staff was wonderful. I booked through Booking.com (which I won't do again). There was a mix-up - and the staff made it work. I'll stay again - as I have in the past.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

Professionally staffed, nicely maintained boutique property
    • Victorian Room

I am picky, so it says a lot that this hotel consistently exceeds my expectations! This was our second stay; we also stayed last year for an overnight, and will definitely be coming back next year. From the friendliness of the doorman and front desk staff, to the size, quality and cleanliness of the room, this is a really fabulous place for the money. It's a great choice if you prefer smaller, boutique properties to the big chains, as I do. As for food and drink, I wasn't expecting much given the size of the hotel, and the fact that we were just staying one overnight. We weren't there for the amenities. But we really enjoyed the cocktails we got at the bar. They had a number of creative craft cocktails, which I tend to prefer over the standards. Also, breakfast was amazing! We stayed here last year and opted not to eat at the restaurant since no one was there eating. Generally it's not a great sign when a place is deserted. But this year we gave it a shot and we were really, really impressed. One might expect that "breakfast is breakfast," but they do a fantastic job even with simple eggs, bacon, and toast. And the price of the food is a downright bargain for the amount and quality of what you get. They have upmarket choices like filet mignon and eggs, duck confit, and eggs benedict, but I loved my basic fried eggs with Nueske bacon and turkey sausage. They were cooked perfectly. Definitely recommend giving their restaurant a shot. Room tip: The Victorian room we stayed in this year has more character than the Deluxe room we had last year, which was in the newer part of the hotel toward the back of the property. The Victorian room is spacious and has high ceilings, tall windows, a chandelier, fireplace mantel (alas, not a usable fireplace), and a large balcony with patio furniture, which would be lovely in the spring or fall. I'd say the upgrade was worth it.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

Average, wouldn’t go bAck
    • Superior Queen Room

The room was tiny, when I booked they didn’t say I had to pay $40/day for parking. And I forgot something small and they made me go to a UPS and buy a label and send it to them so then they could ship it to me, very inconvient. And there is no microwave.

Bed was amazingly comfortable and very clean room.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Stuff and location are greate, but hotel hardly qualify to have two stars. Grossly overpriced.
    • Superior Queen Room

Room is very small, no cups, no coffee machine (actually nothing). Very small refrigerator full of overpriced drinks. Conditioner (heater) is very noisy. Crane plug in bathroom (hand washing) is very strange. it can be closed, but no visible way to open it.

Location and staff

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

Overall great hotel
    • Superior Queen Room

No in room coffee or tea. Had to get dressed to run out into the main hotel area to pay $6 for two drip coffees (and staff had to direct us as there was no signage.)

Lovely decor. Comfortable beds. Quiet but with good location.

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

Excellent place to stay on business, and would be for pleasure too.
    • Superior Queen Room

Everything, from the very comfortable and stylish rooms to the excellent bar food , and breakfast, very friendly staff . A pleasure and very well located for offices located in Downtown DC

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

The staff is very friendly and the hotel is clean.
    • Superior Queen Room

No parking unless you would like to pay for Valet. No coffee pot nor iron in the room. Coffee at the front desk is two dollars and something.

The location was good for the price.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

Overall, our staff was excellent. Staff was excellent anf helpful
    • Superior Queen Room

room lightening was not good in the bath room. The restaurant was too expensive for individual items -- coffee, juice etc.

Staff was very helpful with moving to a another room due to inconvenience. Location to the convention center was excellent

• Reviewed: February 9, 2018

A good option.
    • Superior Queen Room

There’s a lot of construction/vacant buildings between the metro and the hotel, which makes a nighttime walk between the two less comfortable. The furniture was new and nice looking, but not super comfortable.

A good location, and short walk to the metro. Range of restaurants are close by. My room had a sitting room as well, so the extra room was appreciated. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: February 8, 2018

Nice location and rooms, mixed experience with staff
    • Parlor Suites

The bad - service was very hit or miss.Lots of staff but they didn’t get good training I fear. Examples: - Hotel is extremely confusing b/c it stretches across several buildings. When trying to get out we went in circles and finally asked a staff member to help. He points to a ramp and dismissively says to go up it and then down. This is not signed and far from obvious, but tone was condescending - Multiple experiences with front desk clerk (Tola) were also poor. For example, when called on a Sunday to ask if there was an in room coffee maker she unapologetically notes that there is none and lobby coffee is available from 5-7am (on weekends!) and that the alternative is to buy in restaurant. The policy is one thing - unkind but ok I guess - but her delivery on this and other matters was unprofessional. No sense of sympathy or helpfulness, a tone that was more about getting out of the convo than driving a good experience These feel like small things but there were five in our stay and it ended up very much dimming the experience of the property. A shame because they clearly spent money on renovating and have almost too many folks standing around. But when those people detract value the whole thing falls apart.

The good - location was awesome. Property is nice (historic building but rather modern interior). The rooms are decorated in a quasi-Asian / modern style that works and real money was clearly spent on the renovation (think silk drapes, modern mirrors, etc).

• Reviewed: January 26, 2018

Great stay, affordable and friendly staff.
    • Superior Queen Room

The size of the rooms were on the small side.

The staff were really friendly and because its a fairly small hotel you get to know all the staff. The hotel is lovely and just a short walk to all the DC tourist attractions. My partner and I both liked the old and modern theme and lots of history to learn about. Food is good but expensive just as you'd expect from a boutique hotel. Couldn't of asked for a better stay in DC.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

Staff were courteous and warm. Ambience is cozy n cute. I will recommend this place to anyone!!!
    • Junior Suite Queen

I didn’t like that there was no kettle nor coffee maker in the rooms.

The Food!!!!!!!! The chef had me looking forward to the restaurant visits everyday I woke up. And they are affordable too. Affordable and tasty gets an A in my books 💯

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

Location is bad, homeless people tried to attack us, thermostat broken...cool bathroom.
    • Superior Queen Room

the location - we were almost assaulted by a homeless person getting back to the building. The thermostat was broken. It wasn't in a very safe location

The bathroom was the best part

• Reviewed: January 19, 2018

Lovely😊
    • Superior Queen Room

Customer Service was fantastic it was my wife’s birthday and they kindly upgraded our room! Had a great stay very comfortable with everything we needed! Great location 😊

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

Great value, comfortable stay
    • Superior Queen Room

I didn't have an iron and that would have been helpful.

The Morrison Clark Inn was fantastic. The staff were wonderful. They helped me check my bag and get set-up in the library while waiting to check in. They offered water and were very accommodating. The room was very comfortable. I slept easily. The shower was a good size. Everything was clean. The hotel was very close to the Marriott Marquis, making traveling to and from the conference I was attending extremely easy. Also within walking distance to Chinatown and other areas of interst.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

it was good
    • Superior Queen Room

I didn't like that there was NO PARKING for the customers that where staying at this location and I had to park 4 blocks to the hotel.

the inside of the hotel is pretty and I loved the room I was staying in it was in a great spot

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

Meh
    • Superior Queen Room

There were odd things about it. The bathroom was renovated but there was not kight above the tub /shower our room was entered through a balcony that was not covered and it was freezing cold. There was no mention of anything like this that i read.

It was nice and newly renovated

Great Boutique Hotel!
    • Superior Queen Room

We loved the service of the staff - so very attentive and helpful! The hotel is very clean, and very close to transportation, restaurants, shopping, monuments, museums, etc. The bedding is great - very soft, the pillows were fluffy, and the mattress was very comfortable. The hotel is very quiet, which we loved. If we visit DC again, we will certainly stay at the Morrison Clark, and I highly recommend that you do too.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

nice hotel,, nice location,, unpleasant staff.
    • Superior Queen Room

the most unfriendly of the staff i have seen in last 10 years. No hi or hello no smile. Once i was treated by a staff like i was and outsider; some how got in the hotel with out a reservation.

nice room. good location and walk distance to white house and the national mall. movie theater and china town is 10 minutes walk. good restaurant around the corner for breakfast 2 minutes walk. . .

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Charming decor, staff, breakfast.
    • Superior Queen Room

Charming decor, staff, breakfast. The shower was amazing, and the rest of the bathroom, too. I normally hate the new pillow-top mattresses, and feel like I'm going to sink in and disappear. But this one was wonderfully comfortable.

Average
    • Superior Queen Room

Room was small. Internet was very bad disconnecting all the time and asking for the password each time to reconnect. I had the cleaning service knocking on my door everyday and sometimes entering the room while I’m inside and have the “do not disturb sign” on the door. No coffee making machine in the room.

Location is good, staff are friendly, rooms are very clean, bed is comfortable

• Reviewed: December 20, 2017

Lovely and comfortable stay, would definitely recommend to friends.
    • Superior Queen Room

We ordered breakfast room service to keep up with the theme of rest and relaxation during our trip. I ordered the eggs benedict but the eggs weren't cooked properly--basically hard boiled instead of poached with the soft runny center (the whole point of poached eggs). The hollandaise sauce had no flavor--it seemed to be missing the lemon. I was pretty disappointed since eggs bene is my favorite breakfast meal. Other than the food, our stay was lovely. Our room had a cool city/streetside view, but I felt it could have been a bit bigger (perhaps if some space was taken from the ample size of the bathroom). For such a lovely room, a king sized bed would have been a nice addition.

The service was prompt and excellent. Everyone we interacted with was very polite and professional. The bathroom was huge! beautifully renovated. I very much enjoyed the shower due to its size and water pressure. The 12 noon check-out time was great, unlike most chain hotels which are 10 or 11am. We only stayed one night, but felt lucky to be able to sleep in and relax a bit before taking off. The atmosphere as your enter the lobby is lovely, really feel that they tried to preserve the essence of the historic inn. I only wish we had a chance to visit the restaurant which I believe is located in the historic part of the building. I really appreciated the detail and aesthetic of the building: the bright colors in the hallway, the soft and clean colors, design and finishings in the bedroom. The Morrison Clark Inn provides a luxurious experience in a historic location. A nice change from the other hotel chains.

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

Great hotel for business travelers!
    • Superior Queen Room

Service at the lobby bar is not good.

The hotel is great for business travellers. 24-hour printing room and small library to work. The restaurant is also a plus, very good menu and service.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2017

Decent if other options are booked.
    • Parlor Suites

There may be an elevator from the sidewalk to the lobby but didn't see it. So start with carrying luggage up stairs to get to the lobby. There are two elevators in the hotel, used the first one incorrectly first. To find the second one, had to ask again, then climb another flight of stairs to get to it. To get to our room (Parlor Suite), had to then go outdoors as the door to the room is on an outdoor balcony walking area. To get back to the lobby, got lost because that same elevator has a 2nd floor and a 2.5 floor so the doors open on the opposite side. Overall just too much to think about, just get me to my room. Bathroom very small, no light over/near the 1970s shower/tub, living area smaller than expected for what sounded like a higher end suite.

Good location. Staff nice.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Room was very comfortable and huge: my room had a balcony...
    • Victorian Room

NO COFFEE (yes, I did mean to have this in all caps). There are no coffee making supplies in the room (even a kettle and some instant coffee would have been nice), and if you wake up after 7am, you have to pay for coffee in the restaurant ($2.50 for a pretty blah cup). This is not OK. Also: hot water seemed to be an issue in the morning... shower had to be super quick.

Room was very comfortable and huge: my room had a balcony which was nice since it was unseasonably warm. I ordered room service which arrived promptly and was tasty.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2017

Lovely Inn, Nice location
    • Superior Queen Room

No coffee in rooms or available as a complimentary amenity.

Historical but updated, classy and comfortable. Superb breakfast in restaurant (Almond crusted French Toast and Omelette). Staff very service oriented.