Reviews of Motel 6 Albuquerque North 3 stars

8510 Pan American Freeway Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87113, USA

#88 of 123 hotels in Albuquerque

Good place to stay
    • Standard Queen Room

The back doors that require a key to come in, was never locked! Not sure why.. Beds were dated still had old spring mattresses and were a little hard.

It was a clean room, shower was excellent, we never ran out of hot water. Inside rooms which I think are a must. Air conditioning was great kept the room nice a cool.

Meh.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I can't blame it for not being a nicer hotel. It was cheap and felt that way.

Was on a road trip and located right where we wanted to stop. The AC worked. big TV.

Nice room for the price
    • Standard Queen Room

Was on a one-way road so when we went to a restaurant a couple of blocks away, it was a journey to get back to the hotel.

The room was clean and convenient to where we needed to be.

Staff member who checked us in was awesome.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location was difficult to get around. Ice machine on our floor was out. Housekeepers kept knocking to clean our room even though it wasn’t check out time.

Staff member who checked us in was awesome.

Not bad
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

They need to change out the pillow covers. Smelled pretty bad, seemed like someone already slept in the bed. Also I found a huge cockroach right before I went to bed. Needs to be a little more cleaning with that place.

Bed was alright but seemed a little lopsided.

It was nice.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Have the double beds gone to single size? The sheet had a cigarette burn in it. When we checked in we were the only ones in the lobby but the hotel clerk hurriedly processed us. We told her when I made the reservation I didn't ask for my husband's military discount. When we asked if she could apply it she said if she messed with our reservation our rates would go higher, so we didn't get the discount.

Had a room with a bed to spend the weekend in.

Great location but otherwise mediocre at best.
    • Standard Queen Room

Bed was hard as a rock. The bathroom sink water came out in a trickle. Took forever to get a small amount in your cup for brushing your teeth or taking meds. No coffee in the room. Had to go to the lobby area to get a mediocre cup of coffee. The only good thing was the location.

The desk staff was SO nice
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The sheets didn’t appear clean and the room was not sound proof. We could hear the room next to us all night long!! Very loud and hard to get much sleep. Also the room is very very small.

The desk staff was SO nice

At night it was quiet.
    • Standard Queen Room

The coffee is not ready until 6 am so if you leave the hotel before then you have to get some coffee to go on your way out of town.

At night it was quiet.

Room had a lot of space
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The sheets didn't look like they we're changed cause I found hair on the sheets and pillows cases smelled like it wasn't changed and floor needs to be swept and mopped and toilet was a little dirty.

Room had a lot of space

it sufficed
    • Standard Queen Room

We specifically asked if the pool was open....were told "yes". It was not. No klenex in room Key card lock at back door did not work

The price. The check-in/out procedure

The room was nice loved the two beds clean room and manager...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Sad it was not close to places to eat I like to walk but there you can't you have to drive everywhere and the road is weird one way so you have to turn around no matter where you go my only complaint about the room no hair dryer or iron like come on if your traveling for business you need that stuff.

The room was nice loved the two beds clean room and manager was nice.

Not a bad place to sleep
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The card to operate the door lock didn't operate correctly and we got locked out several times. Each time we had to go back down to the front desk to have the card fixed to allow us into the room.

The rooms were clean and everything inside the room worked fine.

I enjoyed my stay knowing that my rental vehicle and my own personal vehicle were safe.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing. It was a great stay. My kids and our cats loved it.

I like the fact that the Security was constantly on the grounds and making me feel safe. This was my first rental vehicle there and I was a little unnerved but he put that to rest.

It was fine not great.
    • Standard Room with Roll-in Shower

Did not provide shampoo. There was a noisy party in the parking lot. The commode leaked in back and the sink faucet dripped. Did let the staff know of the plumbing problems at check out. Was just there for one night.

The room was basic. Location was good and just off the freeway easy to access. The room was clean.

Balloon Fiesta was wonderful
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Motel six--minmal amenities, 2 towels to a room.

The location, near the Balloon Fiesta Park, was the only reason that we stayed there. The staff was friendly and had prepared info packages about the balloon fiesta activities and the management arranged for a very convenient shuttle to the launch areas.

It was ok.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we got there, an hour after check in time, our room wasn't ready. The beds were not made and the bathroom was a mess. I had to go down and tell the clerk and he put us in a different room which was ok.

No comment

Very uncomfortable

We had no heat in our room. It was freezing cold Only 3 little trickles of water in the shower And felt like we were going to fall through the floor in the bathroom

This location was near the hot air balloon festival.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Would have liked free internet. Several occasions homeless looking people were by the door or sitting inside the lobby. Wish the staff would have explained the shuttle to the Balloon Festival. We didn’t know until it was too late.

This location was near the hot air balloon festival. For the price it was what we expected and fit our needs.

Wonderful balloon fest experience!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

We stayed during the balloon fest and could see the balloons right outside our window! Staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. Nice, clean, comfortable place to stay. Excellent value for the price!

I used this hotel because is very well located for balloon...
    • Standard Queen Room

Location for the porpouse of trip.

I used this hotel because is very well located for balloon fiesta, is only 32 minutes away from the park and they also offer shuttle oneway or roundtrip to the balloon fiesta.

The staff is wonderful and so is there matienince and cleaning staff the Gloria is awesome she's g.m
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I can't say nothing bad I love it

I love everything about motel 6 all. North it is a home and the staff is absolutely wonderful and friendly. They make sure your stay is comfy and the rooms are clean and tidy. I love it here

stayed due to balloon fiesta and it was the closest.

rooms were a little too basic. breakfast not provided. you could hear the toilet flush from other people's rooms. no fridge or microwave in room.

stayed due to balloon fiesta and it was the closest. When we arrived there was no more room to sign up for the shuttle. Previous discussion with the manager enlighted me that many people walk to park from hotel so we did that to avoid the traffic.

Absolutely horrible
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

My car got vandalized at 1:30 am and the staff didn’t even act like they cared or had any remorse. The security guard that said he went and check in our car because the alarm was going off told my husband he checked and he car was fine. Turns out my van had 2 busted windows and body damage!

Perfect for a Short Stay
    • Standard Queen Room

It is a motel so be sure to pack toiletries and hair dryer. There are very simple amentinites in the room. It is fine for a quick stay.

The front desk staff made the stay so much nicer.We appreciated the little touches for the Balloon Fiesta. They decorated the lobby and had chairs available to watch the fireworks and morning ascension. We packed our own breakfast and ate it out by the pool.

Worst place ever
    • Standard Queen Room

The rates were more than doubled for the Balloon Fiesta ! The place reminded me of a college dorm room or a prison cell. No extra pillow, bed was small and hard. Cigarette burns on the bedding. Whole place smelled like cigarettes ! No non smoking room there! Towels were like old car wash towels. Never ever stay again. Terrible!!!

Incredible place for Balloon Fiesta!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The dryer was out of order so that we had to look for one in town.

It was greatly close to the Balloon Fiesta Park! We were able to see them all inflate and take off just outside of the property. That was amazing!! The room and the bathroom were fairly wide and cleaned nicely everyday, but no hair dryer.

I did not like the fact that wi-fi is not free.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not like the fact that wi-fi is not free. However during Balloon Fiesta week, I did not have to use a pre-paid card to pay for the service. However, I had to go each day to collect a new passcode for that day. A real beating and as such, I will not stay at a Motel 6 again...lesson learned. They are better served charging $5.00 more a day and giving free wi-if. It looks better, less cheap...and the beds were as hard as rocks. I have not used Motel 6 in years, but they were close to the Balloon Fiesta, the facilities looked fairly new and the price was right. However, I would not do it again. I demand comfortable beds and free wi-fi...BOTTOM LINE!!!

You get what you pay for..
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Walls were VERY THIN....heard almost everything going on outside our room.... No microwave on the premises... Was a short in the wiring in the thermostat

Very convenient to what we went for...easily got around town..

Don't stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Just terrible facility the rooms were awful no hot water at sink no frig no microw no condiments or tissues one towel per person one soap nothing else the tv was so high up u had to lay down to see it suppose to be for 2 nights left very early after 1st night

It's a good place to shower and sleep.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Make your Premium WiFi actually premium. I had to keep getting new passwords for my device to connect. It took more than 30s to connect each time it did work. Also, the keypasses glitch. I had to get card rekeyed almost everytime I left my room. Inconvenient.

You get what you pay for.
    • Standard Queen Room

No free wi-fi, no breakfast, not a comfortable chair in the room...toilet seat didn't even have a lid. Homeless people hanging around outside yet we were told by security we couldn't sit in our car to charge our phone and look something up.

Don't go.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The two women that work at the front desk mislead me and kicked me out for no valid reason, in fact could not actually give me a reason at all or spoke with me about ANYTHING prior to the incident other than the fact that I had to run across town to get the money to pay for another night and had gotten a little tied up dealing with something at the front desk, so was leaving my ID upon agreement between myself and the chubby girl that I wouldn't make it before noon but would be back with the cash in hand... To which I had done

The modern rooms with no carpet. seems cleaner to me.

Inexpensive, provides the minimum with absolutely no frills
    • Standard Queen Room

Extremely hard to get to if you don't know where you are going already. The GPS and booking.com directions are incorrect and take you to the wrong place.

Inexpensive, provides the minimum with absolutely no frills

Got what I paid for.
    • Standard Queen Room

Extremely low frills - not even shampoo in the room. You have to pay for wifi and no breakfast. Window was broken and couldn't be locked, but I told the staff and it was fixed after I left - stayed at the same place the next week in the exact same room.

Inexpensive. That is the only reason I stayed there.

Okay for a quick one night stay. Would not suggest it for any more then that.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Getting to the motel was a bit difficult. Google maps (used from booking.com) took us to the back of the hotel where there was a brick wall. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me at this hotel. Also, there are no hairdryers in the room You have to get one from the front desk. Unfortunately there were no available hair dryers at the front desk and I had to checkout without having done my hair. Did not like the fact that people were smoking right outside the front door.

Staff was great

Disappointed
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Sheets weren't changed they had dirt all over them. Had hair in bed and bathroom. We asked for more sheets and got sheets with holes and dirt stains. We then we're sent to a new room where we slept however the bathroom floor was extremely nasty. We clean private homes and know what to expect. Washed clothes then realized dryer didn't work.

Beds were comfortable.

Well worth the money!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Newer mattress

My stay at the Motel 6 turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. Although the room was extremely small, the room was very clean with wooden floors and modern furniture. While lacking “normal” hotel extras line shampoo, conditioner, tissues, etc. it more than made up for it with an extremely reasonable pricing policy. The only negative comment I might consider was that the mattress needed to be updated. That being said, however, it was a wonderful experience with extremely helpful and pleasant staff as a bonus.

Google map takes you around back and they need to get it to take you to the front of hotel.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location was difficult to enter due to the frontage road that heads North.

I liked that the floors were made out of wood and that there wasn't any carpet.

Good rooms despite lack of hospitality
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

No shampoo provided in the bathroom (you can buy one from the front desk though)! The towels and bed linens were stained and scuffed. The hotel was in a sketchy location.

Comfy bed and clean, simple, modern decor inside the room.

Best Motel 6 in Albuquerque
    • Standard Room with Roll-in Shower

Some Motel 6's have free wi-fi but not at this one.

This Motel 6 is by far the best one in the city. I've stayed at other Motel 6's in Albuquerque where there were druggies loitering around. Convenient to interstate and stores.

An overnight stay in north Alburqueque.
    • Standard Queen Room

Initial access to motel was difficult given the one way street frontage and cross streets. A homeless looking man seating on a outdoor bench at the entrance to the motel. Awoken in the morning (7:30 am) by loud air conditioner in my room.

Cost compare to surrounding motels.

Only that it was a place to rest.
    • Standard Queen Room

The stained linen, non-working a/c, noisy elevator cause it was by the room and the fact the room looked like a hospital room.

Only that it was a place to rest.

Enjoy your stay with all theluxgery needed for a trip.
    • Standard Room with Roll-in Shower

Might post signs for people that check in late, after midnight to keep it quiet for those who are asleep.

Easy access and location. We were treated very well and everyone was nice. Enjoyed the morning coffee.

It was good for price but wouldn't stay again
    • Standard Queen Room

Hard to find parking, the elevator smelled terrible, alot of shady people hanging around outside, the bed was so uncomfortable, no fridge or coffeemaker

Good price for a quick stay, staff was very friendly, rooms had floor instead of carpet which felt very clean

Avoid this place
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unclean beds in first room,staff helpful to change room but second room not much better,bed were clean but cigarette burns all over curtains an walls had bugs squashed on them,avoid this place if you can

No stay!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The security guard was trying to make my sister roll down the window because he said that no one was allowed to sit in their cars. Mind you, I was in the lobby trying to get a reserved room.

I got there around 345 a.m and they said that they don't start filling rooms until 5 a.m., so, I didn't get to check in.

Don't expect a lot from it, but with the price offered I think it's good
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The floor didn't have carpet,the pool is too small,very very small, and the wifi was pure garbage,the premium and and the basic one are the same speed

The price goes along with what we've got so I will say that I like it

Hotel needs to fix key issues
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Every day I had to have my room key rekeyed it was not a good feeling when you get to your room and have to go back to the front desk and have your key activated one again ,again

The parking lot was well lit

Alright for Motel 6
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The one thing that we didn't like was that wifi was $6 and we could only connect one device to it at a time. The code we were given didn't work. I went down to the front desk and they tried another one themselves, with no success. Finally, a manager was able to get us connected.

The room was clean and there were plenty of ports for charging technology. The staff was pretty friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Poor location hard to get to. Air conditioner made,a grinding noise whenever it kicked on. Asked for a handicap walk in shower if it,was possible. Bringing my mom from phoenix to Colorado Springs due to a,stroke she is totally wheelchair bound. The room was supposed to big enough for 3 people. The room was big enough for 2 double beds but not 3 people especially one in a wheelchair. I was in the process of dressing my mother and housekeeping tried to walk in the security latch didn't work.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Vinyl flooring is much better than carpet and nice bright...
    • Standard Queen Room

Be aware only transportation for those without a car is taxi so the only benefit is how close it is to Rainbow Ryders for pickup. I stayed the night before my ride then switched to another hotel dowtown to be within walking distance of Old Town and the Zoo

Vinyl flooring is much better than carpet and nice bright colors

Just a Bed for Sleep
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The air conditioning vent was high up by the ceiling. Had to leave the temp set at 60 just to keep the room cool enough for a comfortable sleep. Every time the toilet was flushed, there was a smell of sewage that filled the room.

Nothing really. A bed to sleep in is all.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Hard to find
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

Had a problem finding it as my satnav would not accept the address. There are no facilities in our room to make hot drinks and no fridge. I wouldn't stay here again.

Clean and tidy

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL
    • Standard Queen Room

The first room I walked into had throw up in the sink, the second room they gave me, the key would not work, so I had to go back and ask for another room key. It smelled awful, the air conditioner was very loud, the fake wood flooring was loose and if walked on would displace. The staff at the front desk were rude. There were homeless people sleeping in the parking lot. The pictures online were completely misleading. I thought we were getting a great deal, but it's true when they say you get what you pay for. Never again! I will pay $10 extra dollars for real floors and no throw up on the sink!

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Crossing Motel 6 off our list completely
    • Standard Queen Room

It was the worst night sleep we've had in a while, even with earplugs. The noise level from the overhead A/C unit, the laundry and the parking made sleep impossible. The bed was terrible, and the sheets/towels were pretty old and not all that clean. Stay away from room 224.

Staff was friendly, there was ample parking, and it is not too far from the airport (15 min).

Check-in was great, but no free wifi and swimming pool was closed
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom sink was clogged up; no complimentary shampoo and conditioner. I'm finding that motel/hotel rooms are great, until you go into the bathroom. I seem to have bad luck with clogged up sinks and/or bathtubs =(

Newly painted rooms, clean, close to shops
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Free continental breakfast, free wi-fi, room smelled like fresh paint,

There were a lot of family's and kids, staff were friendly, renovations, shower water pressure

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Cold room, No hot water, shower head fell off hit me in the head
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

Our room was cold and The water was cold wouldn't get warm after a over a hour and half running straight. I had to take a cold shower And to top it off while I was taking a shower, the shower head fell off and hit me in the head which is even more uncomfortable and extremely disappointing after finding out my cousin just passed after surgery I was trying to relax and ez my mind but this just made this stay here very uncomfortable...

Clean room

good clean room, good staff, and just what I expected,, You...
    • Standard Queen Room

the access was tricky. the map quest is wrong.. and the entrance is Pan American and it is one way North.. I caught the problem on the road level view and re routed accordingly.. no other problems..

good clean room, good staff, and just what I expected,, You get what you pay for... 4 walls, a bed, TV, good bath/shower, and good service.. that's all but it is enough for a night or two stay..

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Good stay bad discharge

The meanness of staff

It was ok but when I went to up size the room they did so and then proceeded to throw me out an hour later saying my dog barked too loud and they had to refund. Which was a lie because.y dog didn't bark once when they said. Then they took my personal pillows I personally brought with me saying they were theirs which they were not. Not happy.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Terribly rude staff and management.
    • Standard Queen Room

No hair dryer in room. Charge for WiFi. The staff and management was rude, so I didn't stay my second night; went to another motel with a bigger number, and thoroughly enjoyed that stay.

Close to where I needed to be.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Home away from home.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleaning only once per week. Wish there was some sort of breakfast.

Fenced in facilities for my dog. Free Coffee in the morning. On site laundry facilities.

Disappointed with the plumbing.
    • Standard Queen Room

There was very little water pressure from the sink and shower head. The plumbing was very noisy to the point of not hearing the TV if one of my neighbors was running water.

I liked the flooring

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Motel6 albu vs booking.com, with me in the middle.
    • Standard Queen Room

Staff were staggered that I had a 6 Night Booking through Booking.com and they had no idea of the fact! Over an hour was spent 'discussing' my Booking.com print out, my Reservation Number and all this at a very busy time in Albuquerque, the Balloon Fiesta 2016. Ultimately I had to accept a Wheelchair Room, some reasonable points, some so inappropriate.

The only facility I liked was the proximity to the Balloon Fiesta.

We stayed during the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. The view from outside was awesome, good location
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Really would have liked a box of tissues, and maybe one of those little hair dryers. But, it was all good

Our room was always clean, loved the flooring. Felt so much nicer than carpet, which you never know about it, plus I think that kept the room looking fresh.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Perfect place to stay for the balloon festival, book for next year!!!

Nothing at all

Staff exceedingly friendly. Perfect place to see the Balloon festival. Transport was provided to the balloon park.Able to watch the balloons from the hotel car park in the morning. And the fireworks at night. Great location for that purpose

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Frustratred Traveler
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The coffee in the morning wasn't kept up and filled I went to get two separate times and both times pot was empty and this was during the designated time slot. They don't serve any breakfast so you would think they could keep the coffee full when they say they have it available

I enjoy the location no far from casino yet away from the middle of the city

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Would not recommend staying here unless your only concern is cost
    • Standard Queen Room

IMHO this hotel crossed below the cost vs comfort line. The other occupants were extremely noisy between 12-4am and I even think the police came one night after what sounded like a brawl in a room a few doors down. I was uncomfortable to the point of being slightly in fear of my safety. My room did not have, and I did not expect at this price point, a mini fridge or microwave. In hindsight I should of spent the extra$15 a night to stay someplace else.I think 7.1 is a bit high for my rating but I could not ding them on the available categories. I would place it in the mid/low 6's as I did not get much sleep due to the other tenants.

Cheap cheap cheap. I was looking for the cheapest place and I found it. For the money it provided everything I expected. It was a great location off I25 and Paseo. The pool did look clean and inviting.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Checked us in quickly and the desk clerk was very friendly.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Elevator smelled like cigarette smoke and had to get ice from front lobby because ice machine on second floor was broken.

Checked us in quickly and the desk clerk was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

pool and price
    • Standard Queen Room

only 1 entrance to the hotel. turn by turn navigation took us to back of hotel and no access...went down multiple streets to get to front.

pool and price

3.5
    Never will go to motel 6
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not clean and the bathroom tubs wasn’t clean was on website that continental breakfast was provided but only had empty coffee pot

Build a new motel!!!

Nothing!!!

It was clean and the personal really friendly
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were to hard we had trouble sleeping

It was clean and the personal really friendly

Great Pit Stop
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Every now and then you find strange people staying where you are.

Super clean, Super location, Super price.