Reviews of Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate 2 stars

100 West Disney Way, Anaheim, CA 92802, USA

#91 of 135 hotels in Anaheim

The hotel's location is perfect.

The beds are small , the pillows are not comfortable at all. There was a person estranged to hotel trying to break into a car in parking lot.

The hotel's location is perfect. The hotel's staff is very friendly and the price is the cheapest in the area.

Overall, we got through it!!!

Parking situation

Building looking a little dated, rooms are super clean, but do need a little up keep, especially in bathrooms. Beds and location a plus, staff friendly and helpful. Parking is a pain though...we have an SUV and it was hard staying in between the little space provided without not fearing someone denting ur door in, plus one night almost all parking spaces were taken o people parked in two spaces.

Rooms were clean and comfy.

Other guest were rude and inconsiderate, but staff can’t control that!

Rooms were clean and comfy. Disneyland bus came right to the parking lot to pick you up.

They have shuttle bus you can purchase ticket for to take...

The tv was down our whole stay but that was due to weather issues. Room was clean until I looked up and saw few spider webs that haven’t been cleaned in a while.

They have shuttle bus you can purchase ticket for to take you to Disneyland

It was clean and the staff was very friendly.

The restroom only had 1 door. So when someone wanted to take a shower or use the toilet they had to close the door and if someone needed to use the mirror or wash their hands or face they couldn't until they were done using the toilet or shower.

It was clean and the staff was very friendly.

My sister and I got bit by bugs thinking it might be fleas.

My sister and I got bit by bugs thinking it might be fleas. There was bugs in our suit case when we got home those bugs we saw in our room while we stayed. Would not stay here away. Security was never around even when we needed them

great stay with reasonable rates.

bathroom doors in the room were a bit odd. double doors with no locks.

location was awesome...walking distance to the parks but we took the bus instead, since the bus pickup and drop off were just outside the front lobby area.

Great location, however rooms need to be cleaned, sanitized, and updated.

There was very low water pressure. The bed spread was absolutely disgusting and had several stains. I requested a clean one and never got it. The walls are dirty.

Great customer service. The person I checked in with was very friendly and greeted us with a smile.

Clean, comfy and super close to the parks with an ART tram...

Nothing! It was great can’t wait to come back

Clean, comfy and super close to the parks with an ART tram and they even sell passes for the ART and the parks on site

There was no hair dryers in the room, no fan in the bathroom made it hot after a shower. Our sink was clog and water wasn’t draining. AC filter was dirty and to clean it ourselves

The location was good and the small gift shop in the lobby...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Refrigerator

There were long hairs on the pillows and sheets when we arrived and the floors were very worn out. The worse part of the stay, especially for four nights were the beds. They were so hard and uncomfortable my wife could not fall asleep and went to Disneyland on no sleep, which greatly affected our experience. The pillows were very thin too.

The location was good and the small gift shop in the lobby was a plus.

Great place for the price.
    • Standard King Room

Not much. Everything was good.

The outdoor area has been thoroughly cleaned. Insode the rooms they have added coffee makers and ironing boards. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable.

When we pulled up the working was outside getting high.

When we pulled up the working was outside getting high. Took her forever to come in. She couldn’t figure out how to work the computer. The room was nasty roaches was crawling around the room. The shower didn’t work and the tub felt like it was going to fall in. Would never stay here again.

Value for money

It would be good if the general area are cleaned up. Corners at the toilets behind doors and sink area are not properly cleaned up. Left room at about 11 am, when I came back at 2.30 pm, the room was not made up despite the fact I put up a sign that room requires service.

It’s very close to Disneyland and no charge for pets!
    • Standard Queen Room - Disability Access

It’s very close to Disneyland and no charge for pets! It is the most reasonable price of all the hotels. It was clean and comfortable and they even have a shuttle (bus #8) that will take you to and from Disney. But it’s less than a mile walk so we were happy to walk as well. The staff was helpful and friendly and you can just buy your Disney tickets at the hotel, I also loved that they were playing Disney songs in the lobby. Definitely got us ready for our week in the parks. Thanks for the nice stay!

Awesome! Will be booking again.

This is the 3rd yr in a row that wr stay at themis hotel fot our family disney trip and we love it! Great price && such great customer service! Def will be bookin with you guys again soon!

Great location but uncomfortable room

Room was dirty. It definitely needed cleaning. Bathroom shower was not good. Water wasn’t hot, soap didn’t lather, and water pressure was low.

Location was great. It’s right off the freeway and close to Disneyland.

I was not happy with the room at all

The pool, no fridge or microwave in the room, no working fan in the bathroom, no dresser, no breakfast, staff was not helpful, jacuzzi water was low, no do not disturb option.

The price was reasonable

It wasn’t good due to the staff but check the room before getting comfortable in it.

The second bed was smelled like pee and never changed the sheets. When the maid came in to exchange towels and sheets, she only did one bed and left the nasty sheets still in the room.

I like that the staff was friendly and amazing customer service.

If you don’t mind nasty, roaches, clogged sink, dirty mattresses then stay here

Being told when I went to check in that my ID was flagged and they couldn’t rent a room to me because of an incident during my previous stay. They only incident was that I complained to them, corporate, Yelp, and Trip advisor. When they asked me how my stay was at checkout I told them they sucked for locking us out of our room on the first night and grilling me for trying to get it fixed, asking me if i was checking out the next day- like she not already looking at my pre paid reservation. And then they closed the pool on a 100+ day and when I went back,10 min later to the same person, to ask about the pool she asked me what room I was in as if I was off the street.

I liked that it was close to Disney and parking was free.
    • Standard Queen Room - Disability Access

Twice I had to go and have my key card re-activated. And there was no refrigerator. The light from the hallway and outside leaked in.

I liked that it was close to Disney and parking was free.

The bed was very comfortable so the sleep experience was...
    • Standard King Room

The bed was very comfortable so the sleep experience was great. I loved how we had our own coffee maker in the room although we got confused on how to use it haha. I loved the receptionists they had nice personalitys.

Went way beyond expectations, will be back.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Refrigerator

The shuttle wasn’t free and no one told me except the shuttle driver. The pool could stay open a bit later than 10 so when people come back from the park they can have a soak after a long day.

So a bit of background. Before coming to motel 6 in Anaheim we stayed two days in Los Angeles. I was worried motel 6 was not going to be the greatest after reading the reviews but I was wrong. The hotel we stayed at before I paid more thinking it was going to be a lush fancy comfortable hotel and the amenities were but the room wasn’t. I was annoyed at how much I paid for the Four Points at LAX. We got to Motel 6 and sure the outside was lacklustre and the lobby wasn’t very fancy but the staff were so happy and cheerful. There was Disney playing in the background. We had brought our dogs and they were free, parking was free! Paid for the room out front and it was $100 cheaper for the 3 nights we were going to be there than the 2 nights we spent at Sheraton. I asked for a room by the pool and the lady happily obliged. Already such a step up from our previous hotel. The lady informed me there was a jacuzzi tub and the pool is heated at night! The room was much larger than our previous room. As was the bathroom. There was a litttle table in there which was great for when we ordered Chinese food from the brochure in the room, order the Chinese food seriously best I’ve had and I’ve eaten a lot of Chinese in my life. It had a fridge which was great for our leftovers and beer haha. The beds were clean and comfortable and within minutes of being there the phone rings and it was the front desk asking if everything was perfect. There was a shuttle to Disneyland. It wasn’t free but it wasn’t expensive you can get tickets at the front desk. the shuttle was only 7 minutes or so to the park. Overall the motel really exceeded my expectations and I will be booking again.

Not what I expected!
    • Standard King Room

The room I reserved was not ready so instead of one king bed for myself I ended up in a two queen bed room. Also, safety was an issue. I had a man follow me all the way to my room insisting to get my contact info. Later at night I walked through lobby area to ask if blankets were available, no one was at the front desk. Then I noticed two men had followed me into the lobby. I was scared and immediately walked out of the building. Security guards are highly needed!!!

I liked the location.

I would stay here again becyof the price and location
    • Standard King Room

The rooms could have been a little more cleaner there was long strand of hair everywhere and on the towels

This place was really close to Disneyland you could walk if you wanted to but there was a bus that came on the property that took you to the park the staff was very very friendly

I like bookin here for half the cost of hotels a blocl closer. Rather spend extra money in parks

Hotel is clean and affordable. Has the Anaheim Bus line stop right in front of the hotel every 20min taking you to and from the park right to the disney entrance. Rooms are spacious.

Great hotel

Hard bed

Beds are a little hard but I'm used to a pillow too mattress. Staff is super nice! Excellent for a motel 6. Has a shuttle to take u to disney right outside super convenient!

Staff

Cleaness hair all over in bathroom. Coffee pot didn't work. Fan above shower doesn't work. Blood stain on sheets. Tub not clean. Cornners not clean. Flood next room over and above water be pushed off balconey. Sad to say wouldn't stay here again or recamand it eather.

Staff

It was nice to see all the smiling faces, males and females🙏🏿.

I did not like having to go to the lobby to heat up a leftover, and not a small refrigerator to keep it from going to waste. All the same, I enjoyed my stay and will come again 😂👍🏾.

The staff were very courteous. They are all ready to answer questions and make sure you are comfortable.

The staff is always friendly and accommodating.
    • Standard King Room

I mean, it’s a great value for being so close to Disney. It’s not the Ritz, and people shouldn’t come in with those types of expectations. It’s perfectly fine.

The staff is always friendly and accommodating. Even to some of the more irate customers that precede us.

the facilities were clean and the staff extra friendly and...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Refrigerator

the rooms are definitely dated and showing wear and tear. the pillow were terrible and the bathrooms need a complete redo.

the facilities were clean and the staff extra friendly and helpfull

Quick and dirty
    • Standard King Room

The room was not as clean as I had hoped... I found Women’s hair all around the bathroom and I killed a roach in the morning

The location and the staff were very nice and helpful

Very helpful friendly staff.
    • Standard Queen Room - Disability Access

The room was ok, not that great. The bed was very hard, woke up with a bad ache the 2 nights we stayed there. It was too uncomfortable for us.

Very helpful friendly staff. Very close to Disneyland, they even have a shuttle that picks you up at the hotel and drops you off every 30 minutes or so.

As soon as we checked in, Front Desk Agent Juan greeted us...

The AC in the room was not strong at all. The room was pretty warm every time we came back to it.

As soon as we checked in, Front Desk Agent Juan greeted us with nothing but open arms. I am from Vegas and I am in the Hotel and Casino industry so I know the standards of Guest Services and I can definitely tell you that Juan exceeded them! Such a great person along with the rest of the staff. Walking to the Disney Parks is about 15 minutes. Not far at all. Down the street from the hotel is the Anaheim Garden Walk which has some neat places to shop and great food choices. Very happy with my stay! Thank you so much.

Location of hotel

Requested a non smoking room, it smelled really bad like cigarett. Called room service to switch me to a different room. Everything was all booked so i didnt have a choice

Location of hotel

I’ve got to this hotel every year for 5+ years.

1) Filthy 2) the hotel ran out of pillows they didn’t even have enough to give 1 per person in a 4 person room. 3) the “clean” towels in the room were filthy, had dirt, hair and what looked like old makeup on them. 4) The hotel has significantly declined over the last year and a half

Perfect location.

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and the...

There was no mini fridge or microwave in the room which made it inconvenient to reheat food or keep any drinks cold and keeping my medicine cold was a hassle. We were constantly having to refill the ice bucket. The beds are flat but we were gone most of the day so it wasn’t terrible.

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and the location was fantastic. It was a 10 minute walk to Disneyland, offered a shuttle (you have to pay separately for that) and a cute gift shop inside. We stayed on the 4th floor and were able to watch the fireworks from our room.

I liked how close the motel was to disneyland the staff was...

I thought it could be a little cleaner my top blanket was dirty and stained

I liked how close the motel was to disneyland the staff was very helpful and nice

Nice, Clean, Affordable Room
    • Standard King Room

Housekeeping was very, very noisy in the early morning. We heard all kinds of door slamming and banging and carts rolling around before 9am in the area around our room. Housekeeping also knocked on our door and tried to come into the room just barely after 9am. This seemed way too early. Check out was not untill 11am.

Our room was very nice and looked newly rennovated. I really liked the mid century modern look of the furniture/decor. The hot tub and pool area was also very nice.

The staff was amazing pool hot
    • Standard King Room

The ART shuttle didn’t come after an hour we ended up taking our car to Disneyland. Thankfully the manager was amazing and accommodated for our wait

The staff was amazing pool hot Tub nice

Clean rooms, but lacking in-room amenities.

Wish there was a continental breakfast.

ART had a stop at the hotel door, that's nice. Staff was friendly. Gift shop and vending machines were well stocked.

Great value!

When my room was made up the second day, I did not receive any additional toiletries. I had to ask at the front desk. Also, don't ever look too closely at the curtains...

Very friendly and helpful staff! Hotel is only a mile from Disneyland, very easy to walk (about 15 minutes average). Lots of parking. Very easy to find, straight off the I-5 ramp. They also have a Disney-themed gift shop if you forget anything (or if you're trying to avoid Disney's extravagant prices).

I enjoyed my stay and plan to return for future visits.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Refrigerator

I like when the commode and sink area are separated by a door.

I liked that it was quiet even for being on the bottom floor facing the pool. The walk to Disney wasn't bad and it was easy to get back on the freeway at the end of our stay.

Friendly staff, could be a little more cleaner, great pillows.
    • Standard King Room

The night Staff was very helpful.. our room was clean the pillows were the best I have sleep on in awhile.. But the restroom near the pool was a total disaster looked as if no one had bee to clean in a while toliet filthy, no paper towels no toilet paper, it was pretty bad.. when up to the front to report it.. girl just kinda shudder shoulders said oh ok.. that was it! Other then that it was an ok

Never again

Really dirty old motel that needs remodeling and better management all building is filthy dirty not to mention the rooms piled up with layers of paint, mold, non smoking rooms are totally smoking rooms. Hate this place and to top off I left some personal stuff there within 2 hours ladies never turned it in.

Very unpleasant

Disgusting. Dirty. Floors were filthy. Long black hair all over our sheets and pillows and EVERYWHERE on the floor. Base of the floors were caked in dirt, especially in the bathroom. Beds were very uncomfortable. Flat pills. Not a pleasant experience. Do not recommend.

Locstion

The staff moved in a fridge for me, the room was spacious...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Refrigerator

I would have liked to have tissues next to the bed and an alarm clock. The tv didn't have a lot of channels to choose from.

The staff moved in a fridge for me, the room was spacious and clean.

It was not that great
    • Standard King Room

No lighting in room. Toilet flushing was so loud it would scare you. Rooms have thin walls. Neighbors constantly in and out.

Close to Anaheim garden walk.

Location and staff

Room (nonsmoking) smelled strongly of smoke (not cigarette smoke)...staff was great to move us, second room had roaches (the bug kind, just a couple of little ones, but still)

Location and staff

Overall stay was nice. There weren't enough amenities for the price of the room.

Bathroom sink was clogged. Shower pressure was very weak. No in-room refrigerator or safe. No wifi access was offered. Rooms had thin walls and got pretty loud at times.

Staff was friendly and room was clean. Location was perfect for visiting Disneyland.

4.5
    I did not enjoy my stay there at all

The mattress was super thin.my headboard was broke. It was supppper uncomfortable and I will not say there again. I sent almost $500.00 and I was bee dis appointed

Wouldn’t stay there again

Had bugs in my rroom and there was more then one we killed 5 cockroaches.

The location was nice for Disneyland I would suggest better rates or transportation to Disneyland for the price you have to pay

Good but not what we expected it to be.
    • Standard King Room

That the Bed sheets had mysterious stains, as well the towels, water stains on the tables or I don’t know what that was, and lastly that I thought my son and I had a good sleep but not really. Honest.

I like the friendliness of the staff and my son like the pool.

ok. a bit far from the convention center and no shuttle.
    • Standard Queen Room - Disability Access

It would have been much better to have a frig and a microwave in the room, maybe a dresser. but you get what you pay for. The price was a little lower than those places that have frig and microwaves. every time I went for coffee it was closed down.

bed was comfortable.

Would Stay Again

Price is a little steep for the room offered, but like they say, “location, location, location”! Had to pay for WiFi, per device, per day. I don’t think that the door leading to the pool was kept closed appropriately, as to prevent kids from wandering in there.

Walking distance to Disney. Pool and hot tub! Both looked clean. Front Desk Staff. Room, while basic, was clean. Great lighting in room/bathroom. Free On-Site Parking. Never had a problem finding a parking space close to my room. Plenty of wall outlets near the bed and table so all 5 of us can charge our devices without waiting. Walking distance to Walgreens, Starbucks, McDonalds and many other places. Good sized TV in room. Large wall shelf with compartments to put items in. Shower never ran out of hot water!

For the cost, I should have stayed in a nicer place that included breakfast and wi-fi.
    • Standard King Room

Would have had to pay $3.50 per device per day for wi-fi! Coffee machine in the room did not work. The room rate varied every day.

Staff offered some free wi-fi passes.

Living life large as annual passholder to Disneyland while staying at the Anaheim Maingate Inn
    • Standard King Room

The bed wasn't all that comfy other than that everything was great

location location location annual passholder to Disneyland Anaheim Maingate Inn is perfect good value right next to Disneyland the room was clean the check it was nice for the location and value I would recommend Anaheim Maingate to anyone

That you allow dogs

Well the sink was claw, when you flashed the toilet water would splash on your butt, and I’m not sure If the room next door had a fan that made loud sound all night and all morning.

That you allow dogs

Served its purpose for Disneyland, but could have been better.

We had a noisy dog next door to us and it cried all night. The bed was very uncomfortable. No back support and the blankets were very thin. The room we were in did not have the toilet/shower area separated with a door so because of this only 1 person could shower and the others had to wait to get dressed and ready or even use the facilities. In addition, the room we had was only equipped with one mirror. I would stay here again but perhaps ask for a different room, higher floor and hopefully other rooms at this establishment that can accommodate our needs better.

I liked how clean the room was and how they had enough towels and toiletries for my entire group. Coffee maker in the room was a nice touch.

Perfect location for Disneyland
    • Standard King Room

Noise travels quite easily throughout the property. Other guests were quite loud. Dirty towels were not all replenished during service.

Clean, helpful and friendly staff, fantastic location for Disneyland.

I liked the way they made the beds.

They need a free shuttle to Disneyland for us old people.

I liked the way they made the beds. I have kids who brought there own blanket s. And they make the beds with there stuff. Pretty cool.

won't be back.

bathroom doors would not close completely and no fan in bathroom so bath smells came out right onto the room, and no privacy. beds very hard.

staff were very nice.

Walking distance to Disneyland, but it was surrounded by WAY...

First, the average calculations for Booking.com is too high. This place deserves a 2.5/5. This review is for the property itself. The staff was very friendly, accommodating, and was very helpful with an early check in. The rooms, security, and tenants were not good. I had originally asked for a smoking room. I've used them in the past, so I was not expecting it to be this bad. The room was very dusty. It did not have a deep cleaning. There was visible dirt in the corners, on the shelves, and by the bed. The smell of the room was like 100 year old stale cigarettes. I originally tried to hold out and continue, but, eventually switched rooms. The new room I got was better, but still not the best. It still didn't feel like it had a deep cleaning, and I didnt want to get under the blankets, but it was better than the other room. The hotel is walking distance from Disneyland so that was the main perk. Also, there were shady guys having random people come in and out of the room next door. It seemed like there was a drug deal going on. All through the night we heard people enter, then exit. Different people, different voices. When we'd leave our hotel room, there were consistent new people outside, smoking a cigarettes, then leaving. There's no security here. I've stayed at better Motel 6s in San Simeon and San Diego. I chose Motel 6 because, for the price, the rooms are really nice. Probably wont stay again.

Walking distance to Disneyland, but it was surrounded by WAY better hotels, so I will not be staying again.

Only a 15 minute walk to Disneyland parks.
    • Standard King Room

Not enough plugs next to bed for charging phones.

Only a 15 minute walk to Disneyland parks. Perfect for just a few nights. Free parking. Large room.

Don't do it.

The pictures made it seem as if the rooms were modern and updated but when I got there they were very old looking there were tares in the flooring which I did not realize it was going to be linoleum. The mattress was not comfortable and the mattress pad was old so I could see hair and other dark objects through the sheets it was really gross. I did not have hot water the entire time I was there. There was not free internet or a refrigerator. I was trying to do my homework while there and the internet was so spotty I could not complete it. Everytime I entered the elevator I thought it was going to break it made awful noise and was shaking and shuddering going up and down.

Pay for what you get...
    • Standard King Room

Walls were paper thin. You could hear conversations from all three sides, showers and exhaust fans, etc. Mattress was super hard. Found long brown hair in bathroom and sheets. I’m blonde. Mold in shower. Squished gnats on shower wall. Price was cheap. Location was ok. We ubered to Disney. They charge for wifi. Parking was free. But won’t stay here again because the room grossed me out and uncomfortable.

Price

Convenient for last minute option.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Refrigerator

Our first room wasn’t ready, no sheets on beds, and not cleaned. Our second room had the strong smell of marijuana in the bathroom.

Convenient for last minute option.

I liked the location of the hotel.

I would of liked all rooms to have microwave and refrigerator, not have to pay an extra cost. At least for that particular location.

I liked the location of the hotel.

Not enough hot water for showers or washing hands. The bathroom did have some mold.

We liked the laminate flooring and that we could see under the bed. We also liked the price of the hotel room and the complementary hot cocoa. There was also plenty of room for 3 adults and one child.

It was good will stay here again

I got locked out of my room because they mistaked me for another customer that had the same name and they were supposssed to be checked out , room was dirty .

Super close to Disneyland and friendly staff !

Wouldn't stay here again
    • Standard King Room

Very barebones- cashier said we could have saved a lot of money if we booked directly. She couldn't do anything to fix the difference in price.

Nothing stands out

Decent hotel staff left a bit to be desired
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Refrigerator

Not enough parking for guests. Could use bigger towels. Better water pressure and more hot water.

Spacious room. Great to have a fridge. Great storage spaces.

I will most definitely never stay here again

The sleep was horrible due to the horrible mattress i could feel the springs and my whole family woke up with back aches. We always check bed sheets upon arrival at a hotel and blood stains are a huge horrifying thing to see

The location is great for visiting theme park

It was better than sleeping in my car.

We were welcomed by roaches after settling in our room. I requested to be moved which was very very inconvenient. No comp was offered.

There was no breakfast offered; just vending machines.

Michael living it up at Disneyland while staying at the Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate perfect
    • Standard King Room

No like I said anything perfect awesome excellent great every time I stay there everything's been great at Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate I recommend this place to anyone location location perfect convenient

Location location location right down the way from Disneyland I'm annual signature passport holder to Disneyland Motel 6 is perfect for me check in with nice room was clean the bed was comfy location location right down the way Anaheim Garden Walk right next to the 5 Freeway I stayed there a whole bunch of times last year and this year every time I'm there and everything's been awesome great and perfect I'd recommend Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate to anyone