Reviews of Motel 6 Auburn 2 stars

1819 Auburn Ravine Road, Auburn, CA 95603, USA

#3 of 7 hotels in Auburn

The front desk needs to talk to staff and let them know you...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk needs to talk to staff and let them know you are in a room and don't try to enter a room 4 times before check out.. and when called with the problem solve it..

Communicate and learn to tell time
    • Queen Room - Smoking

That in one morning from 7:30 am till 11:00 am staff that should know that I am in a room and check out is at 11 why are they trying to enter my room and then stating check out is at 11 ..let it strike 11 and go there only problem there is I had the room for one more day as well.. did not appreciate the worker trying to enter my room at 10:30am when I was getting out of the shower either then stating for the fourth person that morning check out is at 11..hello it's not 11 again had the room for another day ...

Real bang for your buck. Would stay here again if i was tight on money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They never cleaned our room or brought us fresh toweles the next day when we were out

Great value and at the epicenter of a lot of delicious food and shopping

good location we had ground floor and parked right out side...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

not to much to not like when you stay on ground floor heavy walkers up stairs can be a problem not to bad only lasted a few minutes

good location we had ground floor and parked right out side room

Once we FOUND it is was a great convenient location for us.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

HARD TO FIND! We also realized we really don’t like going in and out through a lobby. We like to have our car 🚗 right outside our door.

Once we FOUND it is was a great convenient location for us.

We were bitten by bugs, it smelled bad, ugly blood-looking...
    • Queen Room - Smoking

We were bitten by bugs, it smelled bad, ugly blood-looking stain on wall in bathroom and front desk guy greeted us in parking lot as we walked from the car...because he was in a car in the parking lot with a girl and two other people in car next to them dosing who knows what. Not impressed

on the whole my 3 nite stay was pleasant
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

housekeeping both in the shower and in hallway could have done better job.

I was not comfortable with the room on the ground floor . Without any trouble was moved to one on the 3rd floor. The staff was so helpful. The room was above what l had expected.

Facility was fine, not too much different than what I...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Fire alarm in the middle of the night went way too long. Housekeeping didn’t come in one day, I had to go get my own towels.

Facility was fine, not too much different than what I expected.

OK for the price yet less than stellar.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the bed was uncomfortable, accommodations were sparse and the "smoke-free" room reeked of cigarettes. The hallway smoke alarm going off in the middle of the night and the train horns (multiple) were unsettling.

OK for the cost.

Met all my needs for an over night stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My son and his wife had very noisy neighbors all night long. They called the front desk, but the noisy neighbors - loud tv all night- didn't stop. But I slept well in my room.

An excellent experience and would look forward to another stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were two or three minor maintenance items that need care. Just before leaving we discovered that the mattress cover had various spots on it that’s we hoped were stains. Towels were rough, but nice and white.

The staff were very friendly, courteous and helpful. They provided any extras we asked for such as towels, a blanket and hangers. They even tried to find a can opener for us to use! The rooms were always cleaned well and smelled clean. They were modern and comfortable. We appreciated the frig and microwave, the clean laminate flooring, and that the window can be locked in an open position. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The location wasn’t far from the freeway yet surprisingly quiet. Nice landscaping. Outstanding value for the price.

HORRIBLE AND NEVER AGAIN.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The refrigerator was loud, unplugged it, but the heater was like an airplane taking off each time it came on - all night - had to turn it off and be cold. And the new wood floors? I could hear and almost feel every step of the person upstairs. And he was a night owl. Didn't sleep much at all. And the bed was much too hard.

Price?

Excellent except for one very unfortunate incident.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was one team member working the desk at night he was very rude and unfriendly. The room phones were not working and he had no interest in helping or solve the problem. Because of his poor attitude, I most likely won’t stay at this property again. Which a shame because it was one of the nicest Motel 6’s I have stayed at.

The price and cleanliness of the rooms.

You get what you pay for.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room reminded me of District 13 from the Hunger Games. The mattress is so bad I fear my back will never be the same. The two sad pillows are awful. If you book a queen, you get a full. Staff is indifferent.

Clean. Good location.

Convenient location and pricing is better than other places. Okay for a short stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Found multiple hairs in bed sheets and shower (not mine!). Floor didn't appear to have been swept. Supposebly clean towels look stained with various items. A bit noisy at night.

Staff seems friendly.

Never again!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hallways stank of smoke and cleaning products, horribly noisy, cigarette burn holes in blanket, broken toilet seat cover, tv reception was poor

Bed was reasonably comfortable, Starbucks across the street, price, decent shower

Super bummed that I didn't get any sleep and got a bad headache from room chemical smell
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Noise was awful! pets were barking, smell of cigarette smoke throughout the bldg. STRONG chemical smell in our room, doors slamming late into the night.

Location off freeway was easy, bit of a modern look to the room was nice with simple features, really appreciated a good shower.

Lousy staff, clean bed, dirty shower, good reason it’s cheap!
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Front desk clerk was terrible. I booked a queen smoking room, go to check in and I’m told I booked a non smoking double. I couldn’t find my confirmation email at the time of check in and really I didn’t care, just wanted to get to sleep. Well I found my confirmation email after I went to the room, turns out not only was my room wrong, but I’d also been charged more than what I booked it for. I go back down and talk to the clerk, he finds the printed version of my confirmation and verifies that he did in fact mess up but he can’t change the room AND I need to speak to his manager to get a refund on the price difference, who doesn’t come in till 7am. I go to bed, get up to shower in the morning to discover that the last occupant shaved in the shower AND THE HAIR IS STILL EVERYWHERE, wall, floor, drain, etc. So after I clean the shower and finish my morning duties I go down to speak to the manager. Turns out the manager doesn’t come in till 9-1030 (how specific) and I have to be in Sac by 0830 so I can’t stick around. Front desk clerk takes my name and number, promises me the manager will call me, I go about my way. It’s currently 1400 the day of and I haven’t gotten so much as a missed call from the hotel. Sure it’s only $7, but now I’m in hot water with my company because I spent more than what they booked it for.

Hotel room had a unique layout and looked to be newer.

Works for Us!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds a bit firm, pillows too tall. Outside access can be made without a key which is a security concern (keyed access, door locks sprung.) There are smoking rooms so there is a slight smoking smell in the hallways - the hallway windows at the end of the building are open 24/7 to help keep the smell down.

It's a Motel 6. Basic accommodation but for a family it was fine. A microwave, refrigerator was great for the kids. The pool looked good but it was too cold outside to use. This property is better maintained then some other Motel 6 's where you feel scared to stay.

Outstanding service and cleanliness of room and property.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only improvement I would suggest is that the Ice Machine made loud noise while people used it and Auto refilling the machine. I would suggest doors too enclose the area. Very pleasant

Cleanliness of rooms and facility.

Will continue to stay here due to value and convenience. Close to dining options and a grocery.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First time I've run into the floor not being as clean as it should, small spill near fridge. Pillows are cheap and not supportive.

Nice, basic accommodations with everything I needed. I have stayed there many times.

Will not stay again. Paid for a room that I had to leave because it wasn’t comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was very uncomfortable. Woke up and left at 3am. Could not sleep on the bed. Towels were stained. Found a hair on my pillow. Not at all a good stay except for staff was friendly.

Staff

It was clean and the heater worked well.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The horrendous noise of the ice maker down the hall was woke me twice in the middle of the night! Unless they fix this issue, or if you are a very heavy sleeper, I would never recommend staying here.

It was clean and the heater worked well.

Unless Motel 6 makes some needed changes, I will stay at the Holiday Inn next time.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Eggs? What? There was no breakfast offered, only coffee. That was a disappointment. The room was unclean as far as stains on all towels, walls, fixtures, sheets, etc. There was mold growing on the tub spout and the dial for turning the water to the shower head was broken. There were no samples, except hand bar soap. It would be good to offer shampoo, hand lotion, writing utensil, notepad, etc. How difficult is it to provide CLEAN TOWELS? It would have made the two nights so much more worthwhile to have had clean towels. They didn't even FEEL clean.

The staff was great! Very friendly and efficient. The room was well located, easy to get to, and definitely handled most of my disability issues....except the stepping over the tub! There were no samples, except hand bar soap. It would be good to offer shampoo, hand lotion, writing utensil, notepad, CLEAN TOWELS!

I'm writing this summary in the Motel 6 parking lot, and was just threatened by Gerardo, front desk.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hallways have a foul odor, doors to stairways require adult strength to push open, desk personnel are poorly trained for interacting with guests, customer's dog barked loudly every two hours overnight. Housekeeping worker was aggressively rude, knocking on the door before 11am, then opened the room door at 11am -- much too disrespectful after a bad stay. No one at front desk when I tried to leave an evaluation card at front desk -- I waited 5 minutes and Gerardo returned to the desk. His comments: "We can't ...", and "We don't need you!" Tried to call Manager Marlon Cinta: no pickup , voicemail box is full. This facility and the people who work here reflect Marlon Cinta's obvious lack of positive training and operating standards.

Completely miserable experience. There is nothing positive about this Motel.

the location is very convenient.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the location is very convenient. There is Starbucks in front of the Motel 6, and many restaurants and grocery store is within 5 min to drive. Also the location is easy to access to main roads, yet the inside hotel is quite.

Good stay, definitely will come back
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately hair dryer was missing in my room for my wife, since it was listed on site she didn't take hers from home... but it qas really minir thing she could live without...

This place has everything you need for a short trip, including microwave and fridge... great location to stop near Tahoe in budget...

Of the lower end motels, this one was better then most...you are getting what you pay for.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was still rather tired when you paid attention to the details. The bed was very uncomfortable for me...but that might just be me. It was busy and noisy. The outer doors did not lock or even close. So it did not feel very safe considering there was so many people coming and going all night long.

The cost is very inexpensive and the location was convenient for our needs. It had some good attempts at modernizing the the aesthetic appearance on the room. The employees were quite nice.

It was ok but needed more comfort in room.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only space in the room to sit on was the bed and 2 hard chairs. Looks like the room might have been recently remodeled but comfort for the guest was left out. No extra pillows or blanket in room.

The price was good for the room.

Was ok for 1 night. Wouldn’t stay for more
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

room was depressing and AC and heating was very loud and the clientele low life. Police pounding in the neighbors door at 5 am due to noise and the stench of extreme marijuana smoking.

Across the street from a great starbucks

Overall a nice stay. More than fair price for Thanksgiving night.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Ice maker next to our room #309 did not work. No ice but the water filler kept running loudly. Could clearly hear it through the wall. Solved it myself by just turning off the water. Turned it back on before checking out. Needs some attention.

Seemed to have had some remodeling. Nice flooring, modern sink.

Terrible conditions
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was full of marijuana smoke/smell and was supposed to be a non smoking room. There were transients in the parking lot, signs stating the business was not liable for theft or damage or harm to the person or property of the guest? A very sad condition!

Not one thing

Pretty good for the price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

On the downside, the walls are very thin, the beds aren't very comfortable and the remotes were as sticky as a 2 yr olds face. (I put them in plastic wrappers from the cups in the room.)

The room was generally clean and staff was friendly. My favorite thing though was the shower! It was like a big, futuristic pod with great water pressure. I felt like I was in an episode of the Jetsons.

Terrible!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Where do I start?!...This property was absolutely disgusting!! FILTHY room! We had originally planned to stay for 3 nights but we only stayed for 1 night due to the unacceptable conditions! The only reason we stayed for the 1 night was because we had just driven 13+ hours and we're completely exhausted. (Otherwise, we would have ran!) ...We had reserved a non smoking room...but our room REAKED of smoke. It was so bad that it aggravated my asthma. When we pulled the covers down, the sheets were dirty. Clumps of hair were on the pillows and the sheets were stained. The bathroom was also filthy. A ring in the toilet bowl and pee on the seat! The shower was the worst. Looked like it had never been properly cleaned and it looked like black mold was growing on the walls around the shower. The floors (hardwood) were also dirty and looked like they hadn't mopped it. After discovering all of the problems, we cancelled our other two nights and reserved the hotel next door (way better) The sad part is we basically lost a day of our vacation because we had to go to the laundermat and wash all of our clothes and blankets that we had brought in because it all reaked of smoke. We then had to take our showers in the middle of the day at our new hotel because we were afraid we'd catch something in the Motel 6! All in all, it was a terrible experience and I will NEVER stay there again!

Absolutely nothing

Met our needs (clean and no frills). Would stay there again. Thanks for the coffee!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Advice: If you are booking a single room, ask for a room that doesn't adjoin to another because the sound insulation between the two rooms isn't adequate.

Appreciated the access from an interior hallway. Also, lots of dining options close by. Great location just off Hwy. 50. Nicer than the typical Motel 6!

Didn't spend much time. It was fine for our purposes
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The shower was like an interstellar travel pod--not very comfortable. Shower area could use updating

Room was clean and utilitarian, Glad it had a micro and fridge

The hotel is really close to the freeway and has several...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It is very noisy. You can hear trains all night, but they do have good windows. You can hear all the other guest walking around on the hallway floors and the doors are very loud and right next to each other. There is no breakfast, just coffee/tee. The beds are okay. They allow pets and we could here dogs barking across from us every time someone walked down the hall. You get what you pay for, and it's not the best, but it's not worst.

The hotel is really close to the freeway and has several eating establishments near by. Was really surprised by the fact that it was a few blocks from the Foothill Bridge (the tallest bridge in CA) doesn't mention that. That would be a selling point for them. The staff was very friendly. It had wood(laminate)floors. Great depending on what floor your on. It was very conveniently located to most areas.

Very comfortable stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The non smoking rooms were very clean and very comfortable. Clean and quiet, no elevator so if you are handicapped please use the 1st floor. Smoking level smelled very bad, very glad we do not smoke since the rest of the hotel was very clean and quiet. We always stay here when we are traveling to on to Reno.

Would have bee m fine if it wasn't so noise and we could actually sleep. That room should not be use
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Could hear the ice machine fill with water and dump ice all night long, the fridge was making a ticking noise all night as well. Did not sleep much. Room 309

The room was nice

Rough place to stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The paper thin walls. The screaming if people in the hallway. No one at the desk to help with problem. I was shocked while trying to do my hair. Lastly the beds reminded me of a terrible futon bed.

The great customer service we received fro janet

The staff were amazingly helpful and welcoming.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Distance to downtown is about 4 plus miles, and not 2 miles, as listed.

The staff were amazingly helpful and welcoming.Very clean and beds comfortable. Across from Starbucks and Dennys.Raleys and shops are across the freeway.

I got what I paid for.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Upon entry there was a "funny" odor in the room. I was put off on the flooring being so cold and barren. The basics were there though and it was only one night. I just needed a shower and a bed so that was what I got.

The desk clerk was very nice and accommodating. I could not get the basic channels to work on the TV and just wanted to watch the news. She managed to get it going for me.

Convenient location, clean, modern and well priced motel for the night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our initial room while clean smelled of someone who had thrown up in there recently. The front desk staff was very helpful and changed us without any issue to a room that was just fine.

A modern clean version of an old well known chain. For the cost of a night and good reliable wi fi we were happy and would stay there again. They had free coffee in the am but as they were right across the street from a Starbucks we chose to buy the type of coffee combo we prefer.

Didn't know the phone in my room didn't work so...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't know the phone in my room didn't work so didn't get my wake up call and missed my dog show. $79. for room, $60. For entry, over 2 hours driving and all of it wasted because the phone wasn't checked.

We liked the value for the money.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We liked the value for the money. There was nothing left out nor did we expect anything more for our dollar spent. The location to the freeway was great as was the gas stations and restaurants.

Can I get another room on you guys I needed yo leaving it was so bad?!
    • Queen Room - Smoking

It was the most awful place ever...yellow sheets. Bugs crawling along walls...I had a baby 1 and a half years old he puked cause the smell was so bad. It look like nothing was clean for a week

Good and bad
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

2 of our 4 rooms had malfunctioning refrigerators. 2 of our 4 rooms had ants. The shower in at least one room was stained. Getting my rooms over 2 nights was a hassle because there were 2 reservations through booking.com.

The new room design was attractive and had sufficient area. The price was great! One of the 3 front desk people was super!

Absolutely terrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

That the room was not clean, the front desk was absolutely no help, there were ants in the room,, and it was an incomplete description online. I was given a room on the third floor; I have limited mobility it was ridiculous because there is no elevator, does not tell you there's no elevator. I had to travel for a funeral and this was the last thing I needed for my trip .

Price

Function
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was on third floor of building without an elevator. Room hasn't been updated in a super long time. Old, cheap bathroom fixtures, including crappy shower.

Clean, but extremely basic.

You get what you pay for.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room's air cooler was freezing. Also, It is a Motel 6, one can't expect too much. The place was cleaned but not what I would consider immaculate.

The facility is easily accessible and check-in was very simple. The gentleman at the desk was also very friendly.

Short, and that was ok.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The young man who worked the front desk was a rude. He was not professional, very arrogant. He must be the same person people complained about in the reviews I read before booking my stay. The only other thing I didn't like was the power outlets by the sink did not work. So to do my hair for the wedding was very difficult.

Location was great. Close by wedding venue and lots of food places and gas stations near by.

Not bad for a one night stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They did not offer breakfast but coffee was served. The room was clean but ours was infested with ants in the morning. We had to throw away all of our breakfast food that we bought.

Clean linens, floors, etc.

ANT!!! Dirty shower
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

ANT!!! Ask to spray for the ants and staff never did for the six day we stay there. Was told they have roll away beds and never got one. Bottom of shower was dirty/old. Will not be staying there again.

Beautifully kept grounds and rooms.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

This facility has the old standard bed cover but I have stayed in Motel 6s that had upgraded ones.

I drove a half hour for lobster Benedict in quaint Nevada City but there is a Denny's right across the street from the hotel.

Good basic accommodations. I routinely stay here when visiting Auburn and will continue to do so.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed/mattress was passable. I usually turned off the A/C at night since it was a little noisy.

Clean, basic and a good location for fast food and restaurant options.

convient location, with good ameneties
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room we were in seems to have ants in the bath area, and the guest in the room above us were u till around 4 a.m. running across the floors, slamming doors, and sounded like they were moving the furniture all night

A clean comfortable room,

The hotel is nice and very clean,have a nice view
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I ask for more pillow. I need it to put under my arm because I recently got a surgery and they said they don't have extra pillow.

The hotel is nice and very clean,have a nice view

Very Small Parking Lot!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Insufficient Parking! Due to the lack of informational signage in the SMALL, non pull-through parking area I was, first, forced to back 45' of truck and trailer out of the dog-legged parking lot. Individual cars and 2 tow vehicle/trailer combos filled the available parking area. I had to park on the street in front of an abandoned, demolished business down the street that still had red (no parking) curbs, and hoped for the best. The guy at the front desk was rude, had a lousy attitude and was unhelpful. Middle aged,salt and pepper hair and goatee, pudgy. When I actually complained about the lack of parking onsite for my truck and trailer after being assured days earlier when I made my reservation that there was ample room he was unconcerned and didn't think anyone there would have said there was room for 'such a large rig', and offered no suggestions as to where I might be legally accommodated. This guy needs to be looking for a new job-lousy customer service skills.

conveniently located near the freeway

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Excellent staff, uncomfortable hotel

The rooms on the ground floor smell like cigarette smoke, even though it is non smoking. There is very little in the rooms in terms of amenities. The beds are extremely uncomfortable- felt more like cots.

Super helpful staff at check in. He was willing to help us find a different room that didn't smell like smoke. We were there for a race and he made sure hot water was available at 3am. Overall super helpful and friendly.

Not impressed
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Light switches loose, the bedside table was slanted due to sloppy installation and my stuff kept sliding off, you can tell that the room was spot cleaned, dirty shower floor, mold in fridge and it the hotel reeked of smoke even on the non smoker floor. Also back door to stairs does not shut properly so anyone could enter the building, beds are hard as a rock, pillows were dingy,the orange paint to accent the wall was all over the plugs and light switches. You can tell that the remodel was rushed or this paticular Motel 6 had a crappy budget. Maintenance definitely needs proper training to avoid any liability for shotty maintenance.

no carpeting, rooms looks better than before remodel

Contemporary design, spacious and comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Unlike the standard Motel 6 room. Completely renovated, wood grain Pergo floors instead of carpet, furniture on legs instead of sitting on the floor, visually more spacious than the small square footage of the room, huge shower, adobe clay color scheme, nice bedding (no blue bed spread with Motel 6 logo) ,thoroughly thought out design and use of space. Are all Motel 6 locations heading this direction? I hope so. Way beyond predictable and cheap.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Bad room, bad service,no more hot tub
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty room with dirty towels and hallways and stairs full of cigarette smoke there was blood on the floor and wall, when I complained at the front desk I was handed a business card with no apologies. When I messaged that number I received no response

Dirty room with dirty towels and hall ways and stair wells full of cigarette smoke, complained at front desk about blood on floor and walls and uncleanliness and was handed a business card with no apologies and when I messaged that number I received no response

A place to find rest.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Did not like Booking.Com. I will NEVER use them again. Poor follow up. Contacted them by phone to get them to confirm my reservation with the motel, 4 call attempts,long wait times and 4 disconnects.Finally made contact and successful confirmation.Poor organization.

Bed was firm and I liked that.Room was very quiet. I had a good experience and would return again.

Will give another chance if needed.....maybe!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room very very cold when we entered....since I had called to confirm our arrival, would have been nice to have a warm room at midnight. Also when I turned down the bed to crawl in, the sheets appears clean but found a 2-3 inch black strand of hair on bottom sheet....yuck!

Great staff

Good for a short stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were on the third floor and walking in the backdoor it smelled like cigarettes. Also, our bathroom door didn't have s lock & our front door locked but it the door had a bit of movement. Also, during the night, it was hard to sleep because of some clicking noise...

The location & a place to rest your head was okay for one night.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Clean and basic in good location
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Coffemaker in room would have been nice. Pillows are small.

Clean, modern and basic accommodations. Friendly staff. Convenient location. Room rate savings offset buying breakfast out.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

In over 40 years I staying in hotels I've never been so badly treated by staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff Sean was belligerent accused me of faking my reservation and forced me to wait on hold over a half hour to prove my booking was real. Someone made loud noises in the room above me all night long,

It was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Reasonable value for a brief stay for heavy sleepers
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hallway noise was pronounced; ice machine woke me up through the night. No toiletries or hairdryer stoked in the room. Interior decoration and fixtures seemed of poor qualiy and cheaply made. Front desk tried to put me in a smoking room when I had clearly booked non-smoking.

Easy access and parking. TV viewing selection was good.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Clean hotel convenient to I-80
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No coffee maker in room or hot water for tea...but they did hav a coffee/espresso [i think it jad espresso] in the lobby.

Clean rooms that have been recently updated. Great value for money.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Perfect road stop - simple but clean and comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unless you have food to store, I'd recommend unplugging the fridge when you go to sleep because the motor turns on and makes noise every so often. We heard some people coughing or shouting in the hallway in the morning so it wasn't ideal to sleep in late.

Stayed here for one night on the way from SF to skiing in Tahoe with brother and dad. It far exceeded our expectations, the room is well set-up and comfortable, everything was clean, the shower had great pressure. The rooms were far enough from the freeway to not hear it. All-in great value. They don't serve breakfast but there's a Denny's and a Starbucks just across the road so very convenient.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Love Motel 6 in Auburn, CA
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I/we have stayed here many times over the years. Great staff. Friendly, helpful, courteous, and attentive to needs. Motel public areas are always neat and clean, outside environment...trees, grass areas and rose bushes always well manicured.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Auburn ca motel 6
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking on slim side, dirty bottom bedsheet, lack of shampoo/liquid body soap, only lower-end, motel 6 brand bar soap, extremely thin sheets/blanket, bareable only when turning on heater, shower towels too small.

Besides the bedsheet to lie on, this Motel 6 was clean, quiet, w/ loud enough fan to feel comfortable in bathroom, strong water pressure, fast-responding and functional room heater/AC, though remote control badly needed, friendly staff, and decent price through Trivago/booking.com.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Clean, simple and reasonable price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was not great but I had no trouble getting a good night's sleep. I wouldn't expect a fancy bed at such a reasonable price.

The room and bathroom had laminate floors and they were kept very clean. The furniture was simple but clean also. Very reasonable price, good location, nice staff. I would absolutely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Not able to check-in for 20+ minutes :(
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When I arrived there was no one at the front desk. Despite calling the office phone number and calling the corporate office, it took more than 20 minutes for someone to arrive. They appeared to have been off-site. Won't ever stay here again.

Not much other than the low price

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Excellant value, great location, roomy for a Motel 6.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The first room we were given was only about 90% cleaned. Missing a bedspread, no soap. We were then switched to another room but had trouble with the door key card. The guy at the front didn't seem to be to concerned. Never apologized for the inconvenience. I understand that it wasn't his fault but it would have been nice for him to show a little empathy.

Clean, quite room. Great value for the money.

Browse Motel 6 Auburn traveller photo gallery