Reviews of Motel 6 Buena Park - Knotts Berry Farm/Disneyland 2 stars

7051 Valley View Street, Buena Park, CA 90620, USA

#12 of 15 hotels in Buena Park

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was smelly walk ways were filthy and bedding was very very durty. I removed all the bedding and had them bring clean ones including bedspread which smelled horrible.

Staff was friendly

I spent 5 days there and needed another day went up to front desk and the women behind the desk was rude and far from helpful my daughter went to pay another day and by me sending her they said since she wasn't the one to pay from day one she couldn't do made an issue about against rule ..policy ... So the manager came over to speak to me and basically told me I had to check out my mouth dropped I just spent alot of money there it was memorial weeken and the rooms I paid double the normal price and to get told to leave they are incinerate rude and tryied to humiliate me in front of other guests he was arrogant and I will never go there again ..

The house keeoing was really good and was helpful at all times

• Standard Queen Room

Hand shower holder was broken. Had to repair it my self. It was held up with tape. Nozzle would not stay in its holder. Had to leave the shower nozzle hanging while washing one self. Bedspread was stained. Only one wash towel for two people the outdoor sidewalk area especially around the pool was very dirty.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My wife had made reservations not know that he's double room we're most likely made for midgits they are really small rooms and one of the beds is pushed up against the AC unit and just was a uncomfortable nite for me and my children .........5/26/2018 thanks

The location was great

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

That the bathroom are always nasty and that there are no doors locks on the bathroom doors and that the rooms are never cleaned like they should be along with the floors

• Standard Queen Room

This place needs new Management! My room had NO towels when I arrived. My pillows had no cases, and one of them was soiled with blood. The bathtub had a running faucet. The TV remote did not work. Didn't get much sleep at all.

Staff responded to towels immediately.

• Standard Queen Room

Booked online a day before and the room was not available the next day .Their rules are pointless because it the quality of the hotel .blankets were stained with like oil or something.ac didn’t work and was dusty .Never again

• Standard Queen Room

Our toilet ran constantly and spewed water all over the toilet everytime we flushed. Wifi is way to expensive, there should be an option to buy wifi for multiple devices. 2.99 a device is outrageous.

Comfy bed, a/c worked well, stairs weren't too bad. We could bring our little yorkie with us, and it's close to knotts Berry farm. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not like that the room was smoke-free but wreaked of cigarette smoke. The floors were not moped at all very dirty. The sheets smelled like cigarette smoke and had blonde hair on the fitted sheet of the bed, i have jet black hair so it was not from me. So i am guessing the bed was made but was not changed. I could not sleep knowing my family and i were sleeping on dirty sheets. Curtains had some white stain of some sort.I wanted to complain but my Husband told me not to be difficult and it was only for one night. For the price I paid, it did not meet my expectations and quality it should have provided, I feel I actually overpaid for this. Walking to our rooms the property was unpleasantly filled of smoke from marijuana and cigarettes. The ice machine was not working. There was a man smoking a cigarette in the elevator.

I liked that we were near the pool area, near an elevator, and near a lot of restaurants. The staff was very polite and professional. Other than that, I have nothing else to praise about my stay or the property.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My daughter (23 yrs) and I stayed one night due to an early orientation she had in Whittier, and as we live in Palm Springs we needed to stay closer to the college. To be honest, and for the $94 charge, we were disappointed. First, my daughter has health issues and needs to eat certain foods that must be refrigerated. We assumed there would be a small fridge in the room, and was told they have them only in the deluxe rooms?? Really?? And they did not mention to move us (as we would pay extra) when I asked if it was possible at all to have one put in our room for that one night - not helpful at all. We bought lots of ice for her food and after a night out at Downtown Disney came back to find the ice was melted and food was a mess. So she went to get more ice from the vending machine and some sketchy guy hanging out wouldn't stop talking to her and asked what she was doing for the night (he smelled like alcohol and pot). She told him to get lost and was a little nervous coming back to the room. The bathtub and vanity had cigarette burns on them, very unattractive. The bathroom was clean and water pressure doable. The beds were ok - but the bedspreads were soiled. The beds were itchy and we did not get a good nights sleep. Woke up with little bumps on our back. Bottom line - for a motel I suppose it's adequate. I usually stay at better Hotels and am not used to a motel. I booked this because Motel 6 are very popular and we just needed a one night stay to be ready for an early morning. I probably should have spent the extra $$.

The room was just 'ok' for what I thought would be a decent motel. The staff were nice enough, motel did have some curb appeal and convenient parking. Nice to have coffee ready in the morning.

• Standard Queen Room

It was very dirty around the property and in the room. It looked like they did a quick clean. I had dirt and hairs everywhere. My sheets and towels weren't clean. I won't be staying here again.

It was quiet for the most part.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My sibling & I just finished our stay at this facility & can not express how HAPPY our stay was there! Even before our check in, it had started awesome. We can not say how much we appreciate Heather from front desk!! She reserved our room as an early check in & and the moment we got there the young gentleman had us checked in within five minutes (I'm so sorry, but I can't remember your name, you were awesome as well throughout our stay!!) THANK YOU TO THE ENTIRE STAFF HERE!!!! This has been our greatest stay in all of our travels. The generous hospitality that was extended to us is very much appreciated!!! The pool was great times, but my favorite was over looking the garden. Very serene. The other guests were as friendly too. Very, very, very happy with this stay.

• Standard Queen Room

If office staff have a little respect by not hanging up the phone to their customers when we ask questions.

Patrons should be given a discounted price even on weekends. This for me is an excellent patronage of tge hotel. Thank u.

My reservation was for Sunday 3am and I expressed this when I made the reservation.when I arrived after a 8hr flight I was told I had to pay for Saturday because check in was at 12pm for sun even though it was Sunday morning.ended up paying $102

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was very late being ready

No carpets!!! Yay! Met our needs with no frills and extra costs. Just used the room to sleep shower and we'll you Know the saying...

• Standard Queen Room

More effort to have rooms ready for the posted check-in time. Cleaner outer areas outside the rooms. More effort to keep people from smoking pot in the walking areas and hallways.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was ready but they wouldn't give us an early check in. The pool was not heated. And the bed was uncomfortable and sheets were very low quality and itchy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was blood on my pillow! The loud guest next to me and above me. The wifi cost $5 a day, all I could smell was cannabis every time we left the room. Honestly I'll never stay at another motel 6.

The staff was friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Heather from front desk is the greatest!! My brother & I are very grateful that she reserved a room for an early check in!! The young man who checked us in was very awesome too! We extended our stay & Heather was a great help once again!! Every one at this facility are very kind. Thank you, we appreciate your hospitality.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Needs free wifi because it's an inconvenience to pay for Wi-Fi when you are traveling for work.

Great staff and very clean. Great for last minute.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They take photos of your license. No 1st floor rooms available 2 hours after check in time. Wifi purchased per device not per room. Noisy being next to the freeway not very clean.

• Standard Queen Room

Overnight staff and smell of the water overnight....1 ice machine was broken. The vending machines and laundry were too expensive

Cleaning staff were great and check out time was flexible.....lady on nights was rude

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

You only get one pillow and there is no do not disturb signs. We asked for extra towels. The next day cleaning crew took them without being used.

Location, quiet, comfy, and clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They didn't have rooms clean when we arrived at 5 pm for our 3pm check in. Didnt have non smoking rooms available like we requested so they put us in smoking rooms. The rooms were small and smelled horrible. The smell of ciggarrets and marijuana were just unbearable. We complained to the office and were moved 3 times to 3 different rooms. The second day we left for the day and when we returned the room keys didn't work. When I went to the office to correct this problem I was issued new keys for 2 rooms without them even asking for an ID to verify who I was! I will never stay here again nor will I recommend this place to anyone ever.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My first room had a leak in the bathroom, the leak was coming from the the ceiling right directly over the toilet. When I called office to notify them. I was told I could change to another room. How ever I was changed to a room, much smaller. Then told me they would adjust the price and stay in the small room. Or change me back to the bigger room. I chose to go back to the larger room. The next day I noticed my first room, was already rented out to someone else. I asked about another room and was told that there was not any available. This was 3 days ago. Still no credit for the room and because I was in a minor accident, I am stuck here. Accident was not there fault.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

One of the staff had me and my kids waiting outside in the rain for 31/2 hours while my room was being prepared and she never called to tell me it was ready. I probably won't be coming back.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was dirty and falling apart, bathroom was not very sanitary and fixtures were hanging from the ceiling about to fall plus we had to plunge our toilet right when we entered the room because the housekeeping didn't do their job right. Beds were very uncomfortable and the air conditioner didn't work good either. Plus no elevator available we were on the 3rd floor not easy to get everything to our room.

Plenty of food options surrounding the motel

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were hard as rocks. The extreme loud noise on our first night. And the trash laying around the property.

The best thing about it was the maids they set my kids stuffed animals up awesome when they cleaned our room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room I originally got was so disgusting I could only stay there for 2 minutes. I called to get a different room and it was slightly cleaner than the other one. Floor was dirty, bathroom had so many stains I didn’t want to put anything down. Towels were as if they were used and just air dried and put back in the rack. The staff at the front desk was very nice and helpful with changing me. I got a free “upgrade”, only included fridge and small microwave which i would of happily trade for a %100 clean room. I will never be staying here again. Would not recommend even if it’s just passing thru.

Check in was a long process. Got charged an extra $79 upon check- in so I actually paid $114 for ONE night in a room with stains on the curtains and beddings, uncomfortable beds that are flushed up against the air conditioning because the room is tiny. There’s trash all over the property, from the parking area, to the pool to outside the rooms. All the trash cans were full with trash spilling over. If I knew I was paying $114 a night, I would’ve stayed somewhere nicer... booking.com told me I was paying $79. On top of that, I arrived at 6pm and room was not ready.... normal check in hours are at 3pm. Horrible... I would not recommend to anyone and would rather sleep in my car than pay another penny to this filthy, over charged place.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a person with a dog staying close to my room and the dog barked all night i called the front desk to let them know it was keeping my 2yr old awake...but there was no results the barking didnt stop i felt i should of got a discount or something for the inconvenience

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff ignored me at the front desk for 10 minutes while I waited to checked in. They would look at me and walk away did not even greet me once or tell me to wait a while they just were ignoring me

It was clean and i like the tv size

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had to ask for clean sheets after I inspected the cleanliness of the beds, I found hair which makes me believe they don’t change sheets for the next guests. The towels are stained and it doesn’t seem clean either. I understand that motels aren’t luxurious, but at least make it clean.

The only good thing is the night shift concierge, she was very kind and accommodating

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

That not all the rooms are upgraded and how old the comforters are along with the beds needs new ones and new air conditioning units

The staff in the office

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was dirty, the comforter/sheets where stained and dirty, the bathroom sink was dirty, the bathroom tub was clogged, when we would shower the water would stay in the tub it wouldn’t go and the ac/heater was falling apart.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pet owners not cleaning up after their pets on grass area. Why do some have to ruin a good thing? M6 doesn't charge extra for pets. Room was extremely clean, just the grassy areas around Motel full of poop. I would suggest Motel 6 put pet bag stations so lazy pet owners might use free bag and clean up after their own pet. Many parks have them.

That I could bring my pet. That the room was so clean even though Pete stay in rooms.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room reeked of smoke. I wasn't aware I was booking a smoking room.

The bathroom was extremely clean. The rest of the room was also well kept, though the sink did have some dirt on it (easily cleaned though). I also appreciated the proximity to Disney Land.

• Standard Queen Room

The location was awful. Cars racing through the parking lot all night.Drunk guests going back and forth running into other guests doors and having domestic disputes. Room was very small and bathroom looked worse than a bad gas station bathroom. Overpriced with no amenities just coffee and laundry facilities. I booked non-smoking and they gave me a smoking room which they had to change/downgrade but no change in price. Will not be staying her again.

The staff was friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Initial room given smelled like smoke. The assigned room was dirty. A dirty sock under a bed. Bathroom wall was dirty with what looked to be like human waste.

Front office staff was awesome.

Staff is very disrespectful. Lies to people so they dont get the time for their money. Staff and managers are rude . Very bad customer service

Love the location. Close too restaurants and theme parks.

• Standard Queen Room

I was disapointed with the room being out of date, smelling like smoke even though a non smoking room, towel like sand paper, sink faucet pressure so strong it nearly could cut your skin while barely turned on and the general appearance of the facility looking dingy.

its location, there was a lock on the door, the a/c worked, lights worked, had running water

• Standard Queen Room

There was nothing we didn’t like!:)

The staff was great! Very helpful! Loved the location, room was very cleaned! Would definitely stay here again! My boyfriend is in the military so he came down from base to visit and we stayed here and he loved the privacy.

• Standard Queen Room

Mold on the walls in the bathroom was ick. Lots of hair on the "clean" towel. (I just used the other one)

It was a reasonably clean room in wht appeared to be a safe area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

the air conditioner didnt work, once we took showers the room felt like a sauna all night, homeless and gang bangers rent out rooms for living purposes so theres wierdos walking around at all times. just not a pleasant stay for a family at all!

nothing at all

• Standard Queen Room

WiFi was not free - at least I couldn't figure it out - My Verizon HotSpot worked fine. Parking near room may be tough if it is full.

Surprisingly Firm bed - however, I slept fine because I have back problems! A/C fan is a bit loud, but worked like a White noise machine. Great location - Restaurants and Starbucks walking distance. Lobby coffee tasted great! Thanks!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ontario Airport Inn has the worst customer service. And they keep your $50 DEPOSIT. AGAIN, THEY KEEP YOUR $50 DEPOSIT. Jocelyn is part if the receptionist staff. Jocelyn is so unprofessional. My first stat she accused me of taking the towels. I told her I gave them to the male staff. Jocelyn confirmed the story and returned my DEPOSIT. My second stay, JOCELYN stated that she was keeping my deposit until she staff could get a stain out of my bed sheet. I was baffled. $50 for a bed sheet. JOCELYN stated the sheet set cost $100. C'mon we all know the hotels but in bulk. JOCELYN proceeded to bring the sheet to the front desk and show it to me woth other hotel clients present. The situation was never resolved and hotel manager LUIS MEJIA asked me to leave and refused to return my $50 DEPOSIT. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL. BAD SERVICE AND UNEDUCATED STAFF.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

3 gentlemen were smoking (not cigarette) outside their room. The smell was not pleasant.

The floor inside the rooms make the room look larger. My room smelled fresh.

• Standard Queen Room

It's all the hood rats living there that is the problem! I understand business and I know why nothing will be done about that because they are a source of money. The issues I had was the smell of pot coming into my room. I'm not against it but I'm drug tested religiously at work. If I fail a test I lose my gaming registration so this was a concern of mine because the smell was so strong I was afraid becoming contact high. Plus the neighbors was so loud we had to move rooms. Other then that the stay was OK. Could of used extra pillows and a ironing board in the room.

The staff was great! Can't complain!

I really really love this Motel 6. I come here very frequently. I love the area & the location and its close to all my favorite eating spots, a great convenience.Knotts is very close by great for the kids. The nieghbors are very friendly and stay to themselves and doesn't make much noise and disturbances.But about a week ago my fiance and i was very rudely disrespected by a worker that stated her name was Mimi. We had and the lady denied our service. And also lied strait to our faces. She said there was not any rooms left . But there we're still people checking in. Whatever the case may be . she called police officers that came out and also caught her in a lie . This really upset me because i love this location. Bad customer service..

• Standard Queen Room

I was charged 103.00 dollars when I didn't stay there at all. Unfair because I already stayed for 2 days and I changed my mind on the 3rd day instead. I still got charged. Need a refund.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff very rude and disrespectful and could not solve my problem or give me a room

This property told me they had rooms . but end up not having rooms . false advertisement

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Housekeeping knocking my door at 1130 like the police saying I need to leave and , came back three times during the course of me showering and packing

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My property in room 236 was stolen once I left and I called to let them know I left a hoodie sweater with the letters “Crenshaw” spelled out on it and they said they have it. Once I get to location to retrieve it they didn’t have it so that means one of the workers took it. Very upset about this.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was not very much i can say that was bad at this place . Nor its environment.

Very very clean . well kept place. And very very nice staff. When i travel for work. I love staying at this motel 6.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They put a broken chair in my room and when I️ sat on it , lost balance hence fall into m open luggage sin my hair accessories! I️ hit my face and bled a lot. I️ don’t like to ask for charity and since my stay Was gonna be longer , they offered to stay night as comped . As much blood that was in rheon

This is one of the nicest motel 6 so far.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Blood spots dried up on the wall, roaches, chipped tubs, no tub mats, I fell getting out the tub, it is slippery. Toliets over run, they get mad with you because you ask for complinary discount because it's uncomfortable to move your things in a cart. When I told management they told me if I am not satisfied to go somewhere else.

Nothing now, it is poorly my second time here, staff in office is very rude.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hard bed, high way noise and loud guests/neighbors at 4 or 5 am. Cost for Wi-Fi is per phone/device. Should be free or one fee per room.

Fresh smell in lobby and room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The outside of the facility could be cleaner. The sidewalks need to be steam cleaned and the trash needs to be taken out more often. A lot of shady people were staying there.

The room itself was very clean.

• Standard Queen Room

Easy and fast check in/out everything is simple, clean, and easy. Also the rate of the motel was at an excellent price compared to their other competitiors.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room didnt feel clean. Hairs found in shower towels and it felt like dirt could be seen more and felt on floor because of the hardwood floors. Bathroom wasnt as clean as it should be.

The receptionist was the nicest I have ever had at a Motel 6. Hardwood floors were nice. Close to Disneyland and Knotts.

Nice and we'll kept.

Everything, worker's are nice and plesent. Comfortable sleep. Clean, good smelling rooms, I love the main part, my baby enjoy it , my baby cat Shy, is very content here, more than anywhere else. This motel 6 Knott's Berry farm is the best. I should know I have been here for a month. It's great. I am happy to know when leave to go get money for my room, they are understanding, they didn't kick my and my cat out. They work with you. Love that Motel 6 Knott's Berry farm only.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not clean. They provided me free WiFI for one day. The front desk staff wanted to charged me for the second day of my staying. And the WiFi speed was so so so so slow.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were ants and roaches ;-( I asked for room service to clean my room while she was away but no cleaned it :-(

The staff was friendly and helpful despite my disappointment in the cleanliness

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking spaces in the back of the property are extremely small. Like so small I couldn't fit my suzuki xl7 in a spot and still open my doors.

The rooms were super clean and even though the property is very close to the freeway, once you're in the room there is almost no noise!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Other guests were allowed to smoke right outside their room. Cigarette butts and smell of smoke everywhere. In CA, you are supposed to be more than 50 feet from a building, that was a joke.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Weed smoking crank calls knocking on my door and window very irritating when your doing paper work due to a fire. Upsetting experience guest arguing gets crazy and slamming doors.

Staff courteous n welcoming

• Standard Double Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access

My check in was at 3 and my girlfriend and I had to wait almost two hours to check in to our room. I have never waited for a room anywhere. Even when we stayed at a motel 6 in San Diego we got there and we were in. I could understand 30 minutes... but 2 hours is way to long to wait for our room.

Room was nuce

• Standard Queen Room

The AC was set at 68 degrees and it didn't cool the room #159. The sinks were all covered by stains from smoking burns and also dye. They spend time on quick turnarounds not on true cleanliness of the rooms.

• Standard Queen Room

Floors were sticky. Lamps didn't work. Ac was leaking. Not enough towels in room.

Front desk was very accommodating. Believe the girls name was alondra and helped us very well.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a lot of people that were hanging out in the parking lot. There was also a lot of foot traffic in the early morning hours.

Tammi at the front desk was extremely friendly and very helpful. She was able to accommodate our last minute reservation. She was also extremely helpful in obtaining us a first floor room. There are a lot of places to eat within walking distance.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

For the price I pay there should be Wi-Fi or at least a fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board.

The location is convenient for my everyday life. The room is very comfortable and clean. Staff was friendly and professional. I will re-visit and recommend this property.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like they security lock in the room I stayed in was broken they had strange people who live there and asked my for cigarettes when I dnt smoke and the housekeeping never brought up more clean towels after asked and the air conditioning had a bad smell so did the room... will never stay again

The only thing good was the front desk staff she was very nice and helpful to me..

• Standard Queen Room

Their were people living in the hotel that were less than good people meaning I felt there was drugs going on as well as hookers. I feel there needs to be more security there to ward off those kind of people

It had a pool which was large

• Standard Queen Room

The cleanliness could have used a bit more attention. Underneath the beds, around the sink, and especially the bathrom. Tub preferrably.

I was pleased with the way they accomodated me with a room next to family.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The sink had stains. the bathroom door looked jammed. the pool was always busy so never got to go in. The sheets looked like there were cuts in them. The cleaning lady raised the temp in our room. When we got in it was extremely cold. It was irritating so we had to turn it off. It was so busy we had to park a little down the parking lot. There wasent a full roll of toilet paper on the roll. So we used the semiconductor one pretty quickly. Lucky the cleaning lady brought us a spare. Oh and the cleaning lady left us a instruction list on how to do stuff in the room when she didn't even follow her own rules. Like shutting the lights when I leave the rooms and turning the temp down. Oh and we had trouble opening the door to our room. Apparently every time we put the key in the slot we had to try several times before we even got in. I thought it was the key but it wasent. It was the slot part that didn't work. You should check them regularly to see if they work for the other guests. Check the air conditioning systems to see if anything is physically broken.

The price for my stay was worth what we payed for. it was was a cozy place. It had a pool. We were next to the pool. We were on the first floor. The tv was big. They offered us a washer and dryer. They replaced the coffee when it was empty. The staff were nice and patient. I like that there was a jack in the box that was walking distance. Everything smelled clean and fresh. It wasent dirty just minor things here and there. And the location and surroundings were better than my family member expected. It was a nice area.