Reviews of Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South 2 stars

5550 Carpinteria Avenue, Carpinteria, CA 93013, USA

#5 of 8 hotels in Carpinteria

Location was perfect our activities for the weekend.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. Alittle ran down looking for the area. We have stayed in motel 6's before and for price everything was nice/decent. This location for the area, is not worth the $150 plus per night.

Location was perfect our activities for the weekend.

It’s was okay
    • Standard Queen Room

1. Someone from there staff cancelled my booking mistakenly and I had to wait for an hour to get it resolved. 2. There is no WiFi we have to pay for WiFi.. I have never seen such thing anywhere. 3. At least they can have fridge or microwave in rooms.

It’s clean

Would stay there again.
    • Standard Queen Room

Didn’t like the flat pillows. Maybe extra set of pillows would have helped.

The cleanliness throughout the room. Also enjoyed the landscaping and the newly painted room and of the outside of the buildings.

Exceeded Expectation

No hot tub.

I was expecting a standard motel 6 experience... okay beds, okay staff, ect.... This Motel 6 was excellent. It is newly renovated! Two floors, swimming pool in middle. A block and a half off the beach, views of mountains, flat screen TVs, updated (retro feel) rooms, new platform beds, ect.... This place is WELL WORTH THE PRICE!

Remember, it's Motel and not Hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room

Just keep in mind that there are no shampoo/lotion provided. They have a vending machine you can purchase. Also, the tv guide scrolls by itself and you have to remember the channel numbers. the HVAC system does not let you choose exact temp - it is only low, med, hi. Blankets and covers are very thin, dust on the tops of furniture and floor. It's a nominal saving for what you get. You're better off paying that extra $40 or so at a much better place. I've never stayed before and it's a good experience and now won't stay again.

easy to find. doors face the parking lot. easy plenty of parking.

Got a good deal on the room
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was not helpful and refused to give us extra blankets although the kids were cold. The motel is very loud, could hear people next door very clearly and woke up from people walking around outside in the morning.

Got a good deal on the room

A good, clean, safe, comfortable motel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing. There was no fridge, coffee maker, shampoo, etc. but I didn't expect them. It was a basic, clean, safe place to sleep. The motel was not my "destination". Also, the question about Travel companions needs to include the answer: family with no children under 18. We were traveling with our 26 year old daughter and no answer fit.

Clean; good value for the money

A clean and fair stay for one night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was some cigarette smoke in the room when we arrived and in the morning the AC brought in some uncomfortable smell from the outside.

The room was spacious and clean. We received spontaneous a room for a fair price!

Decent stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom doors do not lock and they open/function like closet doors. A little dirty outside, and there was something(?) on the wall in the room. Just a basic motel 6 room for alot more money than others.

Close to the main roads, and down town. The manager that was on shift was very accommodating.

Pay extra and go elsewhere.
    • Standard Queen Room

Property having external painting done, some areas blocked off. Seemed like accommodation for truckers and workers dealing with local mudslide recovery work.

Location; price; great room; S E R V I C E !
    • Standard Queen Room

A small, insignificant error . . when pulling up the 'plunger'( on the tub faucet ) for a 'shower', it didn't quite shut off the water on the faucet totally for the 'shower' part. NO big deal. There was still enough water/pressure to enjoy my nice, hot shower. Room 138 was GREAT.

Location; cleanliness of room; up-dated bathroom fixtures; quality service from Todd Traylor( Director of Operations) and his staff. They even laughed at my jokes.

Good hotel to stay for a day or two. But no wifi
    • Standard Queen Room

No AC and we have to pay to use wifi. Usually WiFi is free in any hotel you check in.

It's clean and comfortable. But no AC. Room is little warmer cos of that.

Better than expected for the money charged
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wish the room had a small fridge and microwave. The bathroom had small ants.

Location, bathroom, tv, for a Motel 6 it was unusually quiet with excellent parking in a very nice area

Will not book again at this hotel and will not recommend booking.com as aparently it’s your doing
    • Standard Queen Room

The star of the room cleanliness. The sheets on the bed were nasty, the bathroom had hair on the sink and in the shower that it was not mine! The Towels were as translucent as the bed sheets and with hair from who knows who! I️ have pictures of the room! Nasty experience !

I️ have requested a refund from Motel 6 and I️ have not heard back. This is NOT a $250 dollars motel! I️ have pictures of the room and the towels with someone’s else’s hair ! It was disgusting!

The other Motel 6 at Carpenteria, where we called by accident, appeared better at the same price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Decor needed refreshing, Mold in the bathroom. Air conditioning didn't work. A lot of noise from the water system. We were booked into a disabled room which meant we didn't have a bath tub.

Nothing stands out

If if the rooms were priced to reflect the comfort of amenities, I would not feel like I was robbed
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was over 200$ for 1night The floor is yucky vinel. The bed hard as rock Sheets like sand paper and the towels (the 0nly they give you)

I like carpenteria, the location of the property is good.

Perfect place for tournament at a nearby polo club. Very near the shopping strip.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The basic WiFi never really worked the first night...

I didn't think ppl would come in to make our beds or restock our bathroom. That was impressive, really.

Great for the price - will stay here again
    • Standard Queen Room

No place to put clothes - had to keep them packed

The location is great - easy access from the fwy. Can park the car and walk everywhere. Beautiful weather with no crowd this time of year.

Our stay was awesome!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This was our second stay at Motel 6 South Carpinteria. We go as a group with our friends for the Avocado Festival. The walking distance is just far enough from the festival. The price is a bit over my budget ($230.00/night). The pool is very very cold but regardless the kids loved it. The only bummer is that there is no public restroom for guests who need a restroom after driving in traffic. Otherwise, staff and facilities were awesome.

Never again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Worst hotel ever...a ripoff, hurt backs after one night in their beds, no coffee, no wireless for over $200. No door to the bathroom even ... will never use Motel 6 again... unethical prucing for the horroble quality of property

Not a thing about this hortoble hotel

I didn't like towel quality and no shampoo, conditioner...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like towel quality and no shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Also the phone and remote control didn't look like they have been cleaned in a long time.

Great for a short stay
    • Standard Queen Room

If you have a light sleep, bring some earplugs.

This Motel looks worse from the outside, but my room was renovated. It was ok for one night, but I wouldn't like to stay there longer. Walking into Carpenteria was easy.

The staff was very friendly and helpfull.
    • Standard Queen Room

The aircondition didn't work on the hotel this night, so the room was very hot and because we had to sleep with an open window there also was some noise during the night/morning. You could not really close the door to the bathroom, which was not so nice when the rooms are so small.

The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The room was fine with all the basics and parking was easy.

Very disappointing!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

AC was broken and the staff did not feel we should be warned about it upon check-in! A small note was displayed in the lobby and if you didn't see it you missed out on that information. 2 nights, no AC and no sleep! Also only hot water at the sink! Very blazed personnel.... and not very friendly. We found out the AC had been broken for a week already....

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My own pillow stolen. Called 4 x immediately after leaving and realizing I had left my own feather pillow. Two employees said they would check with housekeeping and call me back. NEVER did. Bad service. Foul odor from sink walls paper thin. Never again

not a good place as far as our stay was
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a real hot and muggy night and the air condition was out. In order to be able to sleep we had to have the window open all night. This resulted in having to listen to guys working on there car out side in the parking lot making lots of noise. We really had a bad night and should not paid for the stay.

Close to the beach good value for money

Nothing to complain

What you see in the pictures is what you get, more than enough to stay whatever time you need. 5min to the beach by car só its the best you ll get in the área for the usual motel 6 price wich is fair in my opinion

The staff was friendly, but the room was too hot without air conditioners working.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk woman explained very nicely before we checked in that there air conditioner was out. We decided to try it and check in. There was a heat wave and the room was too hot. We checked out at 9:00 pm.

The staff was very nice.

For a one night stay, the room was fine.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A closet separate from the bathroom would have been nice to have. We had to ask for more towels as there were three of us. We had two double beds. It would have been nice if one of them had been a queen size bed.

The room was very basic. No frills. Being was ok as was mattress. Parking was good.

I will never use this facility again nor recommend it to anyone.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The poorly designed shower sent water flying everywhere flooding the bathroom floor, which made floor unsafe especially for seniors. Shower curtains were useless. Although a no smoking room, I could smell second hand smoke. No refrigerator, no hair dryer so had to buy a hair dryer. And wifi had to be bought daily as an add on. Connection was poor and most of the time didn't work.

Being able to take my dogs.

Reception friendly, bed comfortable and quiet location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Asked for a non smoking room which was very important to us and received one which smelt of stale smoke.

Reception friendly, bed comfortable and quiet location

The lady who checked me in was nice and helpful
    • Standard Queen Room

The primium wi fi didnt work on my phone and i had no reception and the girl at the front desk when we checked out was on the phone to her bf and was rude it was $60 dollar room at best

The lady who checked me in was nice and helpful

Dissapointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Restroom door was broken Bed was super hard and felt like I was sleeping on the floor For the price I paid there was no free wifi Also super tiny bars of soap Super over priced will not recommend this motel

Staff was nice check in was fast

We will come again.
    • Standard Queen Room

Bed not very comfy. Sheets not soft. No shampoo, no coffee maker, no closet

We love the location and the good price. Rooms kind of cute. lots of plugs. little sitting area

Location was perfect.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Towels could be thicker. Shampoo and conditioner could be provided. Should have free WiFi.

Location was perfect. Walking distance to restaurants, Starbucks and market/drug store.

Got to room and it was a smoking room, my daughter is...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Got to room and it was a smoking room, my daughter is allergic to smoke. We had to sleep in car until the next day when I complained and got a new room.

I think this place is over priced
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I requested a non-smoking room and they gave me a smoking room

The only positive thing was that the girl that helped me at the front desk tried her best to accommodate me considering the fact that she was over booked .

Ok in a pinch
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not even basic amenities such as shampoo....really? No free wifi, paid the nominal fee but it did not work. Called the wifi service for help, on hold twice for 10 + minutes and disconnected... never spoke to anyone. Luckily was in vacation mode but no one traveling with need for wifi will come back.

Hard working staff. Safe, pool available. Great little town, good beach access, shops, grocery...

cheapish, but okay for a night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The beds were fine. It was not a terribly comfortable room. But it worked. It was clean. The handicap bathroom made it difficult, but not impossible. The place did not feel safe in an otherwise safe feeling town.

Liked having no carpets.
    • Standard Queen Room

A little old looking,even though it was new decor. Not as clean as we would have liked.A little pricey for no fridge or coffee maker.

Liked having no carpets. Staff friendly. Convenient, easy booking. Location very good.

Overprized stay in a basic accommodation
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

bad luck, as we could only get a smoking room as we arrived at 9.00 pm. The furniture in the bathroom should undergo serious cleaning or refurbishment. Given the high price, this was the worst hotel we stayed on our California tour ...

Value and location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wifi keeps kicking me out after I stop using it for a few minutes. I have to keep logging in over and over. Should only have to log in once.

Value and location

Clean
    • Standard Queen Room

Very minimal everything. Most accommodations at least have a complimentary coffee service. Something above was dripping intermittently and kept waking me

Clean

Non-carpet floors is always nice (feels cleaner) and the bed...
    • Standard Queen Room

The bathroom wasn't cleaned before our arrival (other people's toiletries were still in the shower and by the sink). We asked the front desk to come and clean and they were apologetic and very nice, but when we got back two hours later nothing had been cleaned. In the end they never came and cleaned. Also no iron or hair dryer in the room which is usually standard. Normally I wouldn't care but we were in town for a wedding and needed to get dressed up.

Non-carpet floors is always nice (feels cleaner) and the bed and booth were nice.

We can appreciate cost-cutting, but STINGY is another issue (and rooms aren't even that cheap) !
    • Standard Queen Room

We can appreciate cost-cutting, but then again STINGY is another issue; no shower-stuff (shampoo, body wash, etc.), no hair-dryer unless you BORROW one from the front desk, no doorknob hanger for maid/don't disturb, and the WORST STRANGEST toilet ever (too low, too full of water, too huge a seat) and UNUSABLE by the average male. I'm not the first reviewer to notice !!

Nice location, nice rooms, clean pool.

The design of the hotel makes it very difficult to get up...

Design of the building

The design of the hotel makes it very difficult to get up and down stairs. You had to walk all the way around the building to get to a staircase. Very inconvenient especially for someone with a migraine.

You get what you pay for, maybe even less
    • Standard Queen Room

There were roaches, the mattress was so old you could hear the coils every time we moved, my husband slept in a hole in the mattress, the bathroom walls were so dirty, the curtain was broke, the AC was broke too.

Stay here only as a last resort.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very sparse furnishings. Only give you a bar of soap. No shampoo or other necessities. If you want it you need to buy in vending machine.

Hot water was good.

Great bang for your buck
    • Standard Queen Room

I wish there was a hair dryer, and maybe a fridge.

The room was quiet and clean. The location was very close to restaurants of all types and just two lights from the main street to the beach. It was a great value.

Won't stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had to go buy a towel so I could take a shower. There were none available at the motel. The bathroom doors were old closet doors that didn't have a lock and didn't close properly.

Ok for the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I forgot to pack toiletries and I wish I could have taken my own blanket. I had to leave the air on because when it was off, it was hot and stuffy. There is a $3 charge for shampoo or conditioner.

Its location was very convenient to shopping center, beach, and strip. I was pleased that it was very quiet at night even though it was noisy during the day.

Great location but very basic
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Having to pay for poor internet connection and only one device can one at any one time no matter if you pay for the upgraded wifi. This is a corporate policy and not the individual hotel. Paid similar price for other motels on our road trip which had microwave, fridges, coffee maker and iron in the room

Staff helpful, good location, clean

This place sucked
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Wi-Fi didn't work and cost additional when I informed the front desk they didn't seem to have an answer water pressure was poor towels were old and stain bed sheets and bedspreads were stained very dingy old hotel

Nothing. The air-conditioning didn't work the Wi-Fi didn't work the beds were uncomfortable and it was a very small room with poor water pressure

Good for one night if passing through.
    • Standard Queen Room

Lots of construction folks use this facility, little iffy at night. It was quiet which was nice.

Cheap rate for Carpentria, very basic. Good for one night.

Surprisingly nice place to stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The ceiling needed to be refurbished in the bathroom.

It was recently renovated and was surprisingly nicely updated. It was clean and in a great location.

Not recommended
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This was probably the worst stay I have had in years. The beds were uncomfortable. The floors were not clean. No annemities such as breakfast, shampoo, lotions, etc. two bars of soap only. Walls were very thin and could hear your neighbors. I know it was a busy weekend with graduation, but really, $300 a night?

Easy Location and checking staff was friendly

Location was close to restaurants, shopping and the beach.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our first day there the room we were given had a non working tv, we were given a different room and discovered the ac wasn't working in any of the rooms and wasn't fixed until the next morning, and it happened there was a heat wave so the first night was uncomfortable.Once the ac was fixed it was nice and comfortable.The staff was very nice and helpful.

Location was close to restaurants, shopping and the beach.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Not worth of money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

First we get just one room for five people, reservation was two rooms. Then we get a second room which was already given an other lady. Total mess at reception. At rooms was lack of bath towels and tv didn't work. Not value of money👎

Clean room, nice pool.

Good value and location
    • Standard Queen Room

Didn't pay for wifi - there are two tiers available but used my own hot spot on my phone. There isn't enough parking for autos for number of rooms so autos use truck/RV spaces.

The price is reasonable for this area. The staff told us at check-in that there was no microwave or refrigerator but there was a well maintained ice machine for our cooler. Location was great - right off 101 but quiet. Room was updated and quite modern decor.

Beds are terrible!!!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The beds were trash! Felt like I was sleeping on the floor. Also on the booking.com site it stated we would have wifi but when we got into the room I found out the only way to use it is to pay extra??? I already over paid for this room, really!!??

The lady working at the front desk was very nice but I don't think I will ever stay at another motel 6 ever again.

Cleanliness of the room was great.
    • Standard Queen Room

*Cleanliness of grounds needs improvement. Outside trash can was overflowing for 2 days w/o being emptied. Trash on ground around trash container. *Toilet bowl water level was inconsistent. Sometimes it filled so high that a male sitting on the toilet seat would have to dry off his . . . "equipment". *The way the heavy window shade was mounted allowed a lot of light to leak in at the top of the window at night. *Very minimal- had closet with one shelf and luggage rack but no drawers to put clothing or incidentals in. No coffee maker, alarm clock, Kleenex but maybe there has been a lot of theft by guests and can't keep the price point low with these items available in the room.

Cleanliness of the room was great. No bad odors. Could open window to allow fresh breeze in. Good shower water pressure & temperature. About a dozen hangers in closet. Good size flat screen TV with good reception. A lot of well lighted parking. Didn't notice road or freeway noise at night from our room located about in the middle of the motel. Property situated towards the end of town but close to restaurants, shopping, services and freeway access. Plenty of working light fixtures & power outlets in the room.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Staff was great
    • Standard Queen Room

Internet was not free like it said on booking.com You have to pay for it every day, I bought the more expensive premium and it kept cutting out Also we did not get a fridge like it said we would

Staff was great washing facilities were useful

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Not terrible, but certainly terrible value for money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

For the price, and considering it's a popular chain of motels, it was disappointing. Even basic amenities were unavailable. No hairdryers (and no attempt to find one from polite but unhelpful staff) and no coffee for example. Dingy rooms, uncomfortable beds.

Good location in a nice town. Can't fault carpenteria as a place to stay.

For the price, it was good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It needs a upgrade and a thorough cleaning, mold in bathrooms.

The staff was fantastic, friendly and very helpful. It was a nice place to stay while playing at the beach for two days.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The room was ok.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had to pay for wifi, there were two plans the basic and the premium plan. We purchased the premium plan which was 4,99$ for 24h and it didn't worked very well. It was a very slow wifi and they said us that the premium option wouldn't give us any problem.

The room was ok. The girl at the reception was very kind and gave us 3 codes for the premium wifi instead of one that should had give us.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Nice from desk help and clean room
    • Standard Queen Room

Other guests were smoking outside our opened window and talking loudly and hanging around our car. It made us uneasy Also we don't like smoke and it was coming into the room From the cracked window for fresh air

Nice help at front desk Easy access from car to room

Quick and easy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The wifi is terrible. I paid for the better wifi and got no service at all. It was impossible to log in to it, as I just kept getting rerouted to the motel 6 website.

The rooms are modern and clean

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

My daughter and I stayed here to have some mommy and me time...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like that the rooms were not fully functional and I wasn't informed upon checking in.

My daughter and I stayed here to have some mommy and me time because we both love the beach and people in carpinteria. The people are always very kind however the facilities were undergoing some renovations I assume because the Tv had no sound. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but I have a special needs daughter and she has a routine every night. We say our prayers, read a book and turn the tv on for her to go to bed. When I called the front desk around 7:30 they informed me the maintenance guy had went home at 5. I was told that one room was available but it was pretty far in the back and moving everything when my daughter was already ready for bed and making her walk (she has cerebral palsy) didn't sound very easy. The next morning the manager credit me like 20 dollars which was nice.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Beds were great, you wouldn't think it was a Motel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were great, you wouldn't think it was a Motel. We walked to Zookers restaurant, which was amazing. Plus it is close to a donut shop, and plenty of other food places.

They need to provide better and more
    • Standard Queen Room

They need to provide better and more towels. The only had 2, very small, old looking towels. We asked for more and they gave us a couple more of the same.

In the rooms have fleas everywhere!!! The place is terrible.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had a terrible experience! I booked two rooms and one of them my brother, mother and his 3 years old daughter stayed. In their room had fleas everywhere, my brother has severe allergy to flea bites. He got all swollen and his back had fever and millions of bites. I am so disappointed-:( I wenI had a terrible experience! I booked two rooms and one of them my brother, mother and his 3 years old daughter stayed. In their room had fleas everywhere, my brother has severe allergy to flea bites. He got all swollen and his back had fever and millions of bites. I am so disappointed-:( I went to the recepcionista and he told that they will send a pest control to the room but never offered anything to my brother. I really want my money back, it was a nightmare in the day day of 2017. t to the recepcionista and he told that they will send a pest control to the room but never offered anything to my brother. I really want my money back, it was a nightmare in thI had a terrible experience! I booked two rooms and one of them my brother, mother and his 3 years old daughter stayed. In their room had fleas everywhere, my brother has severe allergy to flea bites. He got all swollen and his back had fever and millions of bites. I am so disappointed-:( I went to the recepcionista and he told that they will send a pest control to the room but never offered anything to my brother. I really want my money back, it was a nightmare in the day day of 2017. e day day of 2017.

Just the location.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

home away from home
    • Standard Queen Room

the ice machine could have worked better!

it is always solid. the rooms are always clean. good location, everything is close by. close to a very good surf spot. SB is just up the road.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Location was ideal.
    • Standard Queen Room

There were a few ants in the bathroom. Not a big deal. Roller baggage was noisy going across "cobble" tile outside our room.

Location was ideal. Motel was clean and updated. Bed was firm.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Good value, clean and modern.

Coffee was cleared away at 10am. Would be nice to have it all day.

Quiet modern room with loads of convenient charging plugs. Very clean pool - even went in when it was cold I appreciated it being open so I could do water aerobics.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Coffee was not great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Coffee was not great. Beds were ok. Bathroom door is weird and noisy to close at night when trying to be quiet and not wake others. Otherwise a great place to spend the night and good walking distance to bars and stores.