Reviews of Motel 6 Charleston South 2 stars

2058 Savannah Highway, West of the Ashley, Charleston, SC 29407, USA

#85 of 89 hotels in Charleston

It was okay, the staff is the only reason I would ever come back.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was way too dirty to swim in, it was so green that you couldn't see the bottom and there was scum around the edges. We really would have enjoyed to swim but the pool was filthy. Also, the sidewalk on the 2nd floor was slanting and cracked. Pretty unsafe.

Beds were co.fortable, room was clean

Fair enough for the amount we paid
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

At first, we had to wait about an hour for the staff to clean the no smoking room we wanted, (maybe it was a busy weekend we don’t know, but when you’re tired from driving four hours all you want is take a shower and have some rest)

The room was the right size for two double beds, nothing less, nothing more.

The price.
    • Standard Queen Room

Minimal, though I appreciate the simplicity, there are a lack of items available in which we’re used to. An iron and a hairdryer would have been helpful.

The price. Compared to other hotels in the area, it was the most affordable. The front desk staff was very sweet and helpful.

Horrible. Gross. Rude. Filthy. Bed bugs.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirty, bed bugs, horrid customer service. Basically a hangout spot for homeless and drug dealer types. Not safe feeling at all.

Bed bugs. Rude staff and manager, filthy room. We were booked for a week and left after a night. Manager refused to refund us for the reservation. 700$ booking and all we got back was 91$ from booking.com

Not a pleasant experience. Will not stay again.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

There are no amenities with the room, bed, television, bathroom and extremely slow internet is all you get. The location is not bad and there is potential but no motivation to make it pleasant.

The bed was very comfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room

I received a handicap room which is no big deal, however when taking a shower the entire floor became wet. And the sink would not drain.

The bed was very comfortable.

For last minute, it was alright. Would stay again, if it was last minute!
    • Standard Queen Room

No mini fridge, no microwave. For $177 for two nights. Also the room did look like what was pictured but the bedding and furniture looked old, as well as our tv had burned spots at each corner. Good location tho. We also had a bottle of foundation & charger go missing from our room while we were gone.. it was the only items we had left in the room.

Bed was super fluffy,and okay for last minute. Checkout was at noon! Which was pretty neat. Location 30 minutes from three different beaches & four points.

Location, clean room other than the grout in the shower
    • Standard Queen Room

Had to wear flip flops while showering.. shower has old grouted tile.. grout needs to be replaced.. room was clean other than that!

Location, clean room other than the grout in the shower

Location close to job site.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Price changes during stay, no notice. No new towels one day. Made reservation for two nights, two rooms, only one room reserved.

Location close to job site.

We requested a late check out, we received an approval via...
    • Standard Queen Room

We requested a late check out, we received an approval via email, however the Manager of the establishment told us he did not do late check outs on that day. The only other thing I disliked was that in the shower there was so much hair in it, but I purchased some cleaning supplies and cleaned it.

Won't be returning.
    • Standard Queen Room

Bed lines were stained. Room had an awful odor. Bathroom floor was dirty. Shady people just floating around the motel. Didn't feel real safe.

front desk staff was very nice

You could see the light thru the door
    • Standard Queen Room

It was bad customer service for the price we paid per night no towels phone broken check in time with a reservation ignored

You could see the light thru the door

Great price, bring Clorox wipes
    • Standard Queen Room

The floor and bathroom and table were all filthy. We went across the street to the grocery store an grabbed our own cleaning supplies so we could clean the room. There was food on the table, hair on the sink, toilet was dirty.

The location was good for our purposes. The price was great.

The sheets and towels where clean and the receptionist was...
    • Standard Queen Room - Disability Access

The location was not our favorite and there where some suspicious men hanging around in the yard. We would suggest having a hotel closer to Charleston center as the prices would not have been a lot higher.

The sheets and towels where clean and the receptionist was friendly.

I'd stay again....but needs improvements!
    • Standard Queen Room

1. Hardwood floors in room we're incredibly dirty. Wouldn't walk barefoot in room. 2. Flying insects inside room. Flies, mosquitos and gnats were regularly flying around in the room. Not mass quantities, but it seemed like always 3 or 4. 3. Not enough towels/washcloths in room. 4. Multiple cigarette burns in both the comforter and the blanket. 5. Very poor water pressure in sink and shower. Took a long time to rinse shampoo and soap from your hair and body.

1. Located in the center of the 3 places I was most interested in visiting: Folly Beach, Isle of Palms and Downtown Charleston. Could not beat the location (as long as ocean view is not a must have for your party). 2. Swimming pool was very clean. 3. Staff was friendly. 4. Price was excellent. 5. Ice available 24 hours a day. 6. On-site laundry room.

Housekeeping is terrible. 20 minutes to folly beach.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only reason we stayed here was because we had reserved the room, and they were going to charge us anyway. If it wasn’t for that reason, we would have stayed somewhere else. But - the front desk staff was great and very accommodating. However, the toilet was covered in dried urine. We had it cleaned & still covered it in toilet paper when we used it. The toilet paper hadn’t been changed since the last person. The floor was dirty & still had trash from the last person. We wore shoes the whole time inside. We were scared to sleep on the sheets, so we bought cheap new ones and left them there. The room was missing a remote, and the front desk said they were out of them (not a big deal, compared to the other issues). We won’t stay here again because of the uncleanliness.

Best part was it was only about 20 minutes away from Folly Beach.

Bed was comfy.
    • Standard Queen Room

When clearing up a payment matter with Kirstin, manager, she was nice at first. She acted judgemental when telling another employee at the front desk about the refund who wasn't involved. She said I found the payment transaction 2 days later after the payment error had occurred, then looked at me with squinty eyes and a smirk. Then I got defensive explaining I brought it to their attention the same day I found out about the cancellation charge and I wasn't rude and remained polite. She threw her employee under the bus saying she could've given my refund the same day, but I was told to return to see the manager the next day. I've worked in customer service over 20 years and an employee doesn't need to be sarcastic to a customer in a belittling way, so keep your personal thoughts to yourself. She apologized and I didn't want a confrontation when I was made uncomfortable. I won't be returning to this motel.

Bed was comfy. Room was a good a/c.

If you stay, bring a sleeping pill and ear plugs.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The walls must be incredibly thin - we know everything there is to know about our neighbors on both sides and behind us. One talked all night right next to one wall - it was super annoying, but not like they were doing anything other than talking. No mini-fridge, towels should be thrown out, and you had to pay per device to access the wifi. At $100 a night (via bookings) this was not a bargain at all.

Rooms appear to be recently re-done and include laminate floors. Beds were super comfy. Large TV. Overall, we found everything to be clean.

OK
    • Standard Queen Room - Disability Access

Loud patrons after midnight/Had to change rooms due to. Shower not working-should have checked before booking/laundry dryers not working-wet clothes-had to find a laundromat to dry clothes/very little room in unit

Bed was great.plenty of hot water.

Cheap.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Maid came very rarely. They ran out of toilet paper. Keys would get deactivated slot. No fridge or microwave.

Cheap. Near highway and fast food places.

Just one night
    • Standard Queen Room

This place is just ok. Not for those traveling for leisure. Shower water got warm not hot, and this was at three in the afternoon. The room was clean but spartan. The Wi-Fi is not free 2.99 per day. The lobby clerk was excellent and friendly.

A convenient, inexpensive place, centrally located for exploring Charleston
    • Standard Queen Room

The bed was a little too soft for my liking, but I was able to sleep on it nonetheless. The expressway was very close to my room, even with my earplugs in, I could still hear some traffic.

The cleanliness of the room. The hard wood floors were an unexpected nice touch.

lots of staff and all very friendly.

extra daily charge by device for wifi. What? Really?

lots of staff and all very friendly. rooms were clean. liked the round shower with the hand hold for an older member of our traveling party.

Was not pleased and wish I would have got my money back and went somewhere else
    • Standard Queen Room

When I got my room it was not cleaned. Sheets had dirt and hair on them and the toilet looked liked somebody had used it. It was very dirty!! Then when I got moved from a smoking room to a non smoking room it was a handicap room and the door didnt shut right. Then people outside most of the night talking and riding a motorcycle up down in The parking lot.

I liked when I called to complain about the room the staff came as soon as she could and got me in a new room. She also asked if there was anything they could do to make my stay better like free wifi.

It was terrible
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Quality of the room. There was urine in the toilet when we got there. The staff had no clue what was going on. The room that I reserved over a month in advance was not booked when we got there and it took an hour to check in and for us to get a room. The room we got was not what I reserved and still had to pay the same price. A week after we checked out I was charged an additional $80 for no reason and if I didn’t check my account it wouldn’t have been noticed. This is a very poorly run hotel and the manager needs to take charge or they need to find somebody to run it. I stayed there a year or so before this occurrence and that experience was horrible as well. Also, one of the staff members was smoking marijuana in the parking lot that night. Very unprofessional establishment. I would never recommend to anyone ever.

Location was good and price was reasonable for the location
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms were not cleaned properly. Hair on the pillow, bed sheets and night stand. Bathroom floor was dirty. No water pressure in the taps.

Location was good and price was reasonable for the location

MOTEL OK
    • Standard Queen Room

Definitely needs a mini fridge. When the night falls, the crackheads come out.

Location..I thought the bed was comfortable. It really was not a bad experience

Bed, TV, shower, good price, close to event...the room got the job done, albeit dodgy area
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I ALWAYS check for bed bugs, as even some of the finest, most expensive hotels are not immune to them. Note: No Bed Bugs. The room had two double beds. Pulling back the sheets to check the mattress on the first bed, I noticed that the sheets were dirty--like someone with dirty feet had been in it--there was hair in the sheets and on the pillows. The other bed was clean, so we slept in that one. The floor, a nice wood laminate, was dusty, particularly under the beds (toenail clippings) and the bathroom floor had black tennis shoe prints on it. The only ice machine is in the lobby. The show we attended finished up after midnight, There were some pretty shady characters hanging around, so my husband braved the walk to get the ice, had me lock the door and stay put. The police were at the property twice in the short amount of time we were there. I paid 4.99 for WiFi. Does anyone pay for WiFi in a hotel any more? Yes...me.

The room had been renovated-- bright fresh paint on the walls. The room smelled really good. There was a nice size TV in the room. The shower and toilet were clean--no mold--and were very functional. Water pressure could be better, but it got hot fast. The ancient wall AC worked well, the room was cool on a humid SC night. Booked online--check in was easy. We had a great time reading reviews for this hotel online when we turned in for the night. We brought the issue of the dirty sheets and floors to the front desk at check out. Apologetic and nice. Check out was also easy. Bonus: Check out time is NOON. Love that!

The price of the room was decent.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was a smoker's room. The room had roaches. The sink clogged by just turning on the water. The toilet looked unclean (and WAS unclean underneath).

The price of the room was decent.

If you are looking for a safe place to sleep and shower, that would be a good choice.
    • Standard Queen Room

I did not like that the room key only worked for one day at the time. If I'm staying for a week or longer it should work for the entire period. It was not necessarily a big deal, but getting the key validated every morning was somewhat annoying.

I choose this motel for its location, the price, as well as previous good experience with the motel chain. The choices for meals nearby are plenty full and cater to a variety of tastes. I like the fact that there is laminated flooring in the rooms. The staff was very helpful and courteous.

First and last time
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Regardless of the area, the staff could have been much nicer and at least have the pool clean. Broken concrete and garbage in the pool is just unacceptable

Pool was very dirty and non usable. The staff was less than friendly. Only friendly person was the maintenance man. Not the best area. At least the police kept driving through.

Cheap but probably not worth it
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had to argue with the receptionist to get a non-smoking room. She claimed there were none available. But when I said I would look for a different hotel, a non-smoking room became magically available within 30 seconds. The floor of the room was dirty and the shower was barely a trickle.

Convenient. I was leaving for a cruise on Saturday monring and it's about 8 miles from the port.
    • Standard Queen Room

For the cost of the room, wifi should have been free. But that's about the only complaint I have.

I ended up traveling a day early, I thought I would have difficulty calling late in the day to get a room a day ahead of the reservation. Staff was understanding I was on the Blue tooth in the car, and held a room for me until I arrived at 815 pm the day before my reservation. Staff was always courteous and friendly. Best ATM to get cash from is at a Banc America terminal in an adjacet shopping center. Plenty to do in a short walking distance.

Horrible.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Terrible staff. Key never worked getting into room. No shampoo for shampooing hair. Uncomfortable. Loud.

Nothing. Horrible experience. Key never worked. Had no shampoo for hair. Terrible hotel.

Its always a clean and lovely environment.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wifi should be included. But that's only a bonus.

Its always a clean and lovely environment. Quiet and will continue to book here every time I am in the area.

One night stay was pleasent.
    • Standard Queen Room

No microwave, refrigerator , or Military discount allowed during online registration. Trash under each bed; Door lock inter plate was very loose.

Late check out time of 12 Noon was pleasing due to me and my spouse being seniors; The staff was very, very understandable and accommodated my needs.

A change in my reservation caused them to call me twice...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

A change in my reservation caused them to call me twice saying I couldn’t get a room on the ground floor in Non Smoking. Then they called back and said they now did not even have a Non smoking room. Our first visit was Thursday night and my sheets had a burn hole in them. The staff that helped me were very polite and helpful. Since we arrived earlier than we thought we did get a non smoking for the second visit. Second room was better than the first.

It was horrible, and for the money I spent, it definitely was not worth it.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was very Dated, and that's being kind. The bed wasn't comfortable. I had two pillows but they were so worn that it was like I didn't have any. The bedspread was so used you could see the threads coming out of it.

The only thing I liked about my stay was the cleaning lady that gave me towels was the friendliest person on the Staff

It served it purpose.
    • Standard Queen Room

I didn't like the fact that it was soooo loud! We could hear everything from next door visitors to traffic on the highway.

I like that it was clean and it was a place to lay my head for the night.

Ok place to get out of the weather
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Reserved a non smoking room w 2 beds. Only smoking room was available with 2 beds. Was able to get a non smoking queen bed. I had to sleep on the floor due to only one bed.

Leaving

Room felt a bit like a jail cell for smokers, but did provide a place to rest my head at night.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room reeked of tobacco smoke. After 2 days, my clothes smelled like cigarettes. There was something dark stuck to the bathroom floor. Bed was like a trampoline, and key didn't work 2nd day

When my key didn't work the second day, the staff happily re-loaded it at 4:45 AM. I was even called "honey" and given a smile

Good room price and nearby food prices, low transportation prices. Good value for families.
    • Standard Queen Room

Some maintenance problems in my room : door stuck and problems with plumbing in sink, but the staff called maintenance right away to fix them.

Close & fast cab ride from airport, straight down the highway, so low cab fare. Good location by mall stores. And a food store across the street had a hot food deli with food to take out that was delicious and low priced, and so much food! (barbeque chicken wings and mac & cheese). I couldn't finish it all for dinner. Had the remainder of mac & cheese for breakfast along with sweet rolls I bought to go with the motel's free coffee in the morning. Bus stop on corner, bus went right into downtown Charleston, quick & easy, and low price. Better than a cab. Room was clean & quiet, bed comfortable.

Not sure it was worth the money
    • Standard Queen Room

Even for a budget hotel this place was dirty. The floors were so filthy, I had to keep a wash cloth at the bed in case my feet touched the floor. Plus there were roaches (yes I understand this is the south, but still ...) The staff was unfriendly - which struck me as particularly odd because everyone else I met in South Carolina was extremely friendly. And take into account that the prices in this area are pretty high, it makes the maintenance a bigger deal.

Parking is great, beds were brand new, really enjoy that...

Highway noise and pool was closed on 85°day, showers could use some work

Parking is great, beds were brand new, really enjoy that mcdonalds is across the parking lot and the have a walk way to it.

It got the job done but I would not stay here again.
    • Standard Queen Room

The water pressure in the shower was worse than in my camper. Walls are thin and I could hear all the conversations going on outside. Located right beside highway and I heard cars all night.

Price was nice. Room was quaint and clean. Staff was nice.

Terrible experience
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were no coffee pots in the room only at the front desk were people were coming in-and-out. The day shift staff was friendly the night shift staff was not. The floors were dirty. As soon as we took a shower and walked around the floors feet were filthy. They have wifi but you have to pay, its not free. I have never had to for wifi. They are located right be the highway, very noisy. Beds were so hard we didn't get a good night sleep. I would not recommend this motel 6 to anyone.

That we had a TV.

The facilities were ok but the personell were not
    • Standard Queen Room

I could have been charged what they agreeded on.

I booked the hotel on booking .com I was guaranteed a price and it was confirmed yet I was charged a lot more. Won't use bpoking.com or motel 6 again.

The speedy and friendly check in!
    • Standard Queen Room

The noise was awful. It sounded as if the folks on the floor above me were having a party with many kids!!? Also, I feel like the rooms are more costly than they should be but, the location is what suits me. The motel is older and it doesn’t have the perks for the rooms to be so costly.

The speedy and friendly check in!!

It was horrible..
    • Standard Queen Room

The whole stay... all you smelled was marijuana and felt like you was going to get robbed as soon as you walked out of your room..the lady at the front desk was rude and not very helpful..

Afraid.
    • Standard Queen Room

With the first room I had, I did not feel safe. On ground floor with questionable guests hanging around the nearby rooms and parking lot.Almost like people that were there just for sake of "being at the motel."My door did not close and lock easily. They moved me to a room on the 2nd floor that was a little better. One of the front clerks was very nice about my worry. The other made me feel like I was a nuisance asking to change rooms.

Not pleasant!
    • Standard Queen Room

This motel is very noisy, everything is minimal. No rugs on the floor, not enough towels, pillows or blankets. I have never stayed at a Motel 6 before and never will again. For $86.00 a night Due to a death in the family, I was looking for a motel at the last minute and most where full.

My overall stay was wonderful and would most likely stay again.
    • Standard Queen Room

I didn't know my room didn't have a microwave or fridge. I stayed there before but couldn't remember all the amenities. It would be helpful if the front desk receptionist informs people what is actually in the room.

It was nice and quiet area.The bed was comfortable.

Better then my last stay. Cheapest room in the area.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

They need to wash the floors, they were sticky. The rest of the room was clean.

Good for the price. Adjoining doors allow all the noise from the next room in, and smoke. So it they are noisy and smoking, you hear and smell it all.

Staff was nice and friendly!! Everything else was quite scary.
    • Standard Queen Room

BAD part of town, right under a major interstate. Police were there at least once to remove someone. Needs thoroughly cleaned, Updated and a good exterminator!!

Staff was very friendly, inexpensive.

easily accessible but I donot plan to return to that location
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room needs updating and maintenance. Furniture was damaged. The floor was dirty and mold was in the shower unit. The entire building needs lots of TLC!!

Soft and comfortable beds

When we went to the first room, there were dried blood...
    • Standard Queen Room - Disability Access

When we went to the first room, there were dried blood stains on the sheets. The night clerk offered us another room. We spoke with the manager and he did not offer a refund or discount. He apologized and talked at us (around the issue). How do you not offer a discount or refund for Dried Blood on the sheets? I have stayed in places that offered a refund when there was a problem with a shower drain, and they don’t think dried bodily fluids on sheets warrants a refund?

We always stay at the six and hav3 decided that will be our last time we will tak3 our business else
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

We didn't like the fact that they didn't honor our booking the clerk on duty waß very rude and condescending. I had to go back on line and rebook the room for more money than originally booked for the first time.

The privacy,housekeeping, and they had smoking rooms

Good value for the money and convenient location.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Housekeeping staff was poor. Beds were poorly made, twice we had to ask for washcloths since there were none in the room. Once we had to ask for toilet paper. The office staff was good, but housekeeping definitely needs improvement.

We've stayed here several times - love the convenience.

Our stay at Motel 6 was horrible.
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff was rude and unprofessional. Nit helpful at all. Someone from the staff canceled my reservation and since I booked the motel off booking.com they wouldn't honor the website price. Had to switch rooms a few times due to the heater not working. Rooms were not cleaned properly- hair was in the shower. Will never stay at Motel 6 again.

Nothing at this site was likable.

Clean room with plenty of parking and a convenient location.
    • Standard Queen Room

The door had a bit of a gap at the bottom, which didn't help with soundproofing in the morning.

Clean room with plenty of parking and a convenient location. Updated nicely for a Motel 6. Good TV and cable offerings.

The hotel was adequate for sleeping.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room didn’t have ANY of the amenities I consider necessities. Not even a sample shampoo. Definitely no hairdryer or coffee maker. The room was utility focused, NOT comfort focused.

Check in staff was friendly and helpful

Good price.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Poor check in. Took over 30 minutes and they gave us a room that had Took over 30 minutes and they gave us a room that had already been booked already been booked. $5 ei-gi only so so. Poor streaming of movies

Good price. Clean. Free parking

Clean & Comfortable Place to Sleep. No Extras, No Frills.
    • Standard Queen Room

We stayed for 3 nights as we were visiting family. I would have liked a mini fridge & coffee maker. I don't miss the complimentary toiletries as I prefer my own organic products. The sink drain was abominably slow. A king sized bed would have been nice. This was Charleston, SC. For what we got I thought the price was a bit high.

The manager, Kennie was the best thing about the place. My dog liked him & that says a lot about his character.If allowed to make the improvements he has in mind I believe it will become more successful. He's an asset to the company, I hope they appreciate him. The room was spotless, the bed was comfortable.

3.0
    It was not comfortable cos, I was left in disable room.
    • Standard Queen Room

I make my reservation via booking.com to stay from 09/31/2017 to 10/1/2017 and when I get to the hotel the receptionist was not able to charge my reservation made via booking.com but later charge me direct from card but after I left the hotel on 10/01/2017 the booking.com now charged me again thereby making it double charge and I have pledge for a refund for it but have not yet received it.

You get what you pay for
    • Standard Queen Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Paper thin walls where you can hear everything going on around you. Even low volume television and normal conversations from the neighboring rooms.There were sketchy characters around the place at all hours, some shady business going on around this place for sure.This wasn't my first rodeo as I have stayed in plenty of sketch places in my time but this could be unsettling to a lot of people. The rooms aren't disgusting but certainly not truly clean and comfortable. The bed was lumpy, the pillows were thin worn out lumps and there were multiple cigarette burns in bedding. The rooms are listed as non smoking yet they have ash trays in the room?! Hair and what looked like boogers on the towels in the bathroom. Oh and wifi is not free, it costs $2.99 a day?! That's rough. No mini fridge or microwave in the rooms either. This should be standard in motels. Now I don't want to completey bash the place. For the price it was a "good enough" room for the proximity to everything I wanted to do in Charleston. And pet friendly too which is a big plus. It wasn't a roach motel but it certainly wasnt the greatest Motel either. You get what you pay for.

Cheap enough for the location. I booked hours before arriving in Charleston and it was really my only option to avoid spending way too much money during a very popular and crowded beach weekend. Pet friendly also which is a huge plus.

A.C. needs improvement, staff need to stop talking so loud outside of people's rooms..sounded ghetto
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wi-Fi didn't work and A.C. worked horrific..hot all night in the room. And cleaning staff was already knocking 15 minutes before checkout..and every fifteen mins late..

Very clean rooms..wood floors..

The bed was to hard and two of the guys who worked there were horrible but the room was clean
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I hated getting woke up at 7 in the morning to two guys practically yelling they were talking so loud telling each other stories and laughing. Finally I opened my door to ask them to move and to my surprise it was two employees sitting on my room window seal smoking cigarettes. I was pissed. My wife was upset that there was not a bathtub just showers.

I liked that it was pretty clean. I loved the guy who was managing the place. He was very friendly and professional.

Worst stay of my intire life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I'm 60 years ols
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff/Manager gave my room away on my second night of my 4 day stay????????? I got back to my room on Friday evening around 6-7 pm and my room had been rented to someone else.?? The Rude Manager said that I had nothing in my room so they thought I moved out?????? The place was booked solid so no more rooms for me?? What the Heck is going on here. It was like a bad dream! I had no place to go so I slept in my truck!!! Not to happy . About 11:00 pm my phone rings and it's the rude manager saying he had a cancellation and would comp. me the room for the night.. If I could have found another room I would have never gone back but I did and we argued for at least an hour with He not seeing that it was a problem that he gave my room away on my second night of my 4 day stay and we went on and on and one till after 12 am. I have never seen or heard of such a thing?? He said the maid told them I moved out since there was nothing in my room. I can leave or not leave something in my room.... this is my choice and it has always worked this way in my 40 years of renting motel rooms. You rent it for four days and that's it. When I'm done I check out... He said they go by what the maid said and I am not making this up. I will be contacting Motel 6 corp. to file a major complaint.

Cheap and close to what I was there for.

Good, and a good value, but for the error about checking out prematurely.
    • Standard Queen Room

I was checked out for the 3rd night without my involvement. A mistake. I had a phone number to contact. I had to move and find another place in the middle of the night. The person on duty was courteous, but since the place was full and she had no prior knowledge of the situation, she could not help me. I had to ask for a refund.

Courteous and quick check in.

The room was super clean.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room we had didn’t have a microwave or a fridge but the stay was still worth it

The room was super clean. Bed was comfy and the staff was nice and worked fast to get us checked in.

better than camping out in a bug infested swamp
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

room was never cleaned in 4 nights. trash was never emptied. one night we had 0 towels. Roaches all over the place. smelled like smoke in a non-smoking room. will not be back

I guess it was fine for the money but next time I'll spend a little more for a nicer hotel.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Woken up at 2am by cop banging on our door. Asked us if we witnessed anything across the street. Cop cars were flashing. Also, computers in the motel were down so we had to pay cash to get into our room. Fortunately, we had cash as it was late in the evening.

Beds were comfortable. Lots of Uber drivers in the neighborhood.

The room was very tiny.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was very tiny. There is no tub. The room smelled like smoke and outside everywhere in the parking lot and walkways smelled like cigarette smoke.

Overall, this Motel 6 was as expected - clean, comfy beds the shower had plenty of hot water.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The WiFi sucks!!!!!!!!!!! We had to pay for each day (got a code for 24 hours) but the connection was terrible and just getting to the Motel6 connection was agony. We don't live for WiFi but we do expect FREE and consistent WiFi connections in the modern world. Everyone uses WiFi so it should be provided. The McDonalds next door was free and very good so we used it too.

The room was very clean and the AC was very efficient and quiet. There was NO shampoo or lotion provided but the packaged bar of soap was great. Are motels getting away from providing shampoo/lotions?? The location was very good. It was close to the airport and just a drive down 17 to Charleston. Note.. the traffic lights are very long in the area.

Not too bad but wouldn't stay again.
    • Standard Queen Room

Very small room and the walls were thin. There were sirens going all night and people honking outside at 5 am. There was a man who checked us in at around 8pm, he was wonderful! But there was a young woman in the morning who was a little rude and unhelpful in trying to assist me find my card that I lost in the room (and still have not found).

The shower was really nice. And the floors were probably the best I've seen in a hotel/motel.