Reviews of Motel 6 San Diego - Chula Vista 2 stars

#16 of 21 hotels in Chula Vista

5.2

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

6.0
    i had a great time untill we started seeing the roaches.
    • Standard Queen Room

spray, there were roaches in the room. we found two, it made our stay very uncomfortable at this point. we wanted to go get another room elsewhere but we couldn't find another room available in the near area

the room was very nice it accommodated our needs very comfortably.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

This is my favorite place to stay.
    • Standard Queen Room

I never complained b4, but this time I saw a roach. You need to spray for bugs b4 my arrival next time Thank you. C U Oct.8th.

This is my favorite place to stay. Please keep up the good work and I will c u in October.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Feeling cheated
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Being away from the rude staff at the hotel

Got to the hotel and they told me my room had been canceled, then wanted me to pay more for a room the what my itenery said. Staff was rude and said booking.com does this all the time to people. I will not be using booking.com or this hotel ever again

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Needs a 21st century modernization uplift
    • Standard Queen Room

Location was central to my need.

Very outdated facility old outdated amenities. No modern room services: ie usb, shower wands low water usage toilets.weak water pressure.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Great location, quiet, clean and safe.
    • Standard Queen Room

No fridge but plenty of ice available.

Cant beat the location right across from the trolley station. Clean and quiet room with very comfortable bed. Great security as personnel were on their feet and checking names throughout the night and quickly identified me as I walked to nearby dining and bars throughout the night. Parking lot is secure after dark with gate and pilons which was a load off my mind as well. Slept great! Stayed 3 nights.

Good for the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The poor guy at the front desk was by himself most of the holiday weekend. He was very nice, no matter how busy he was. Wifi is less than great. We didn't get the cleaning service once day. That wasn't bad, but we didn't have towels.

The front desk guy was amazing! Property was clean.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Will never stay here again, and they did not work with me when i boke one of this place rule.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Their ridiculous rules that no other place had. The late night noises after 10pm. No frig, no microwave. Staff attitudes was low

The place was the cheapest and surrounded by gas and food

Motel 6 I will continue to stay with you, I hope you improve those little things.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The smells and the floor wasn't clean enough.

Bedding was clean , the beds were comfortable , TV was excellent, the toilet was clean and the towels were clean.

SOOO San Diego
    • Standard Queen Room

It was quiet/soothing...Everything was close by&walking distance...Stores,Eatin g business...The staff friendly&The housekeepers were on their "A Game"...

Not worth staying here. A few more dollars and you can stay at much better place.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Strict security, old building, no soap is used to wash dirty towels or bedsheets, dirty pool, flat mattress, locked window, bad WiFi signal, THE TINIEST AMOUNT OF WATER THAT COMES OUT OF SHOWER HEAD.

Affordable but not for extended stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We found the room and the property in need of renovation. While the room itself was clean, the entire property showed quite some tear and wear – especially the hallways and staircases.

The room was clean, and the beds were big and comfortable. We were able to watch films from USB stick on the TV set in the room. There was a security person keeping an eye on parked cars during the night.

The stay was ok... but too pricey for what you get
    • Standard Queen Room

A little too pricey for a room with no fridge, no microwave and no shampoo or continental breakfast... and hardly any room to put your stuff

Clean and bed was comfortable... car parking secured by security guard at night

It was...eh
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The first room didn't have a remote for the TV and the phone didn't work. We got transferred to a different room which had poor water pressure and the AC didn't work.

The security guards outside after 9 and the fact that it was close to restaurants

booked a non smoking high floor room since my partner has...
    • Standard Queen Room

booked a non smoking high floor room since my partner has asthma but we got a smoking first floor room near the car park. my partner kept having difficulty breathing the entire night and we couldn't sleep due to cars coming in and pulling out all night. we requested the hotel to change rooms but they said it was all booked up. it was a weekend and everything in the area was booked up. why didn't we get what we asked for in the first place? also the key card kept not functioning and we had to go to reception every single time for a replacement. this was faced by other as well.

Just needed a clean safe place to sleep for a day with my kids.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

when we enter the room it still smelled like cigarette smoke. wished they had at least a mini fridge or microwave .

that is was close to where i had to go in the morning.

Could be better
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Killed some roaches No shampoo or conditioner Pool was not clear...I would not swim in it First and last time staying at a motel 6

Dog friendly No fee for dogs Security guards at night If your looking for a place to lay your head down there are no bells and whistles here. Bare minimal ...should cost less than 100 bucks. More like a 60 dollar place

Enjoy!
    • Standard Queen Room

This place is like paying to rough it. The smell of the rooms are overwhelming. The pool looked like you could catch a flesh-eating bacteria. It feels like you have been put into a prison lockdown. Sketchy. Bring your hazmat suit!

Hmm, hard to say? It was a toss-up between the views of the freeway, am pm or the pool with floating diapers in it.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Great weekday stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was dirty. We didn't get a chance to enjoy the pool because it was dirty. We were looking forward to relaxing in the pool and that didn't happen.

That you had security guards. Made us feel safe and not have to worry about our stuff left in our vehicle.

It says on my reservation that check-out time is noon (like...
    • Standard Queen Room

It says on my reservation that check-out time is noon (like all other motel 6 I have been to) but it's really 11. I didn't find that out until 11 and they were rude about it even after I showed them my reservation page. They gave me 15 minutes to leave. Also, it would be nice to have a fridge and microwave in the rooms. It's pretty stupid not to put them in guest rooms. People might be staying a few days and want to keep leftovers or save money by buying groceries. Duh.

Worst stay anywhere...
    • Standard Queen Room

Sink sprays every where. Shower has half pressure, faucet switch not working. Bed is too hard, very uncomfortable. AC unit vent was dirty which made us cough a lot. Dirty floor. Smells bad in room.

nothing good here.

Worst stay at any motel ever
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Rude Staff! Tried to call because we were getting in late. No answer no return call. Reservation cancelled and then they wanted an extra $60. Took over an hour to rectify. Clerk VERY RUDE demanding we move to the side while she sold to others before fixing ours. Black widow spider outside room and roaches inside.

Don't stay at this hotel unless you are a scumbag
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Didn't like the roach in my bathroom Didn't like that the housekeeper left my door open all day I'm lucky I wasn't robbed. Didn't like the loud banging on my wall where my headboard was that lasted over hour and I had to call the front desk more than 5 times to get someone to address it.. when security finally went to their door I heard a large dog barking.. I checked out 2 days early which was Wednesday morning. .I was told I was issued a refund on my last 2 nights and half my money for Tuesday night. .it's Friday and I haven't seen any refund to my account, not even pending

The hard wood floors

Close to the freeway and the beaches.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No refrigerator without paying extra, no microwave, the ad showed a choice of tub or walk in shower, told no walk ins at the property, wife handicapped, tub very slippery. My wife is a diabetic needed refrigerator for insulin. Stayed for 4days 3 nights room cleaned on last full day.

Close to the freeway and the beaches.

Noisy!!!!
    • Standard Queen Room

nothing really!!!! There is no refrigerator. And there is not enough cable channels. They put my room next to the room where the staff enters/exit and it was nothing but noise.

I didn't like the attitude of the front desk clerk and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the attitude of the front desk clerk and the supervisor. The room is so.... I can't explain it the smell . No microwave ,no frige, towel is small,the toilet is broken, the shower is to low, that's why I need to put my head down to shower. The aircon is low also. And the worse is they put us in the second floor, I put on my request I need a ground floor because I'm a handicap and my mother in law,they send the elevator is closer to our room. But they lie. That's the worst hotel I went to. And that's the first and last I'm going to check in to motel 6

Worked for a place to stay but won't be back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had requested a room on the lower level since I had a csection 4 weeks prior but got a room on the 2nd floor, the elevator was way on the other side with no parking. We found a used acrylic nail in our bed and the other bed was dirty with stuff on the sheets.

Although the hotel was sold out, it was still quiet.

I didn't like the Hotel was not good at all .
    • Standard Queen Room

I did not like the home the bed was not comfortable ..no frige or maycroeve ..i only stay for one night ..i move to point loma I found Hotel with Hotwire .com ....

I didn't like the Hotel was not good at all ..for me was a bad shoice..

Close to the freeway and within vicinity of most of the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was smelly, sheets didn’t feel fresh, locks were broken, bathroom exhaust was too noisy and very poor ventilation.

Close to the freeway and within vicinity of most of the popular tourist spots.

If I could sum up my stay at Motel 6 would be; satisfied.
    • Standard Queen Room

Like most Motel 6s, the one thing I dislike the most is the poor upkeep of the outside, the aesthetic a Motel 6 is nothing remarkable, the outside looks old and run down, once inside it is great but it would be nice if the outside matched the effort that is put towards the inside of the room.

Having previously stayed at other Motel 6s, I had no high expectations when checking in. Soon after entering my room I was surprised that the room was by far the cleanest Motel 6 that I have visited. I was honestly impressed at the cleanliness of the room, I was turned off by other aspects of the stay but at a minimum I can say the room surpassed my expectations for a Motel 6 in regards to cleanliness.

Not much
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed..outside noise..my friend had to check an Id at desk to see me or risk eviction. Wasnt a comforting place to stay. To many rules to have when i was the one paying to stay there. Felt as if i was a possible problem not a guest. Also had to pay for wifi when every hotel offers free with room.

Not much

Comfortable beds, good room layout, security staff outside...
    • Standard Queen Room

Mostly just a place to sleep, no use of the rest of the facilities there except maybe for their laundry machines.

Comfortable beds, good room layout, security staff outside of hotel at night.

I really like the staff, they where very friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed wasn't comfortable. The room key had to be re keyed for each day. There was dog staying there, but nothing was mentioned about hotel being dog friendly.

I really like the staff, they where very friendly.

Wish I could have stayed longer.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

More channels on TV. Hairdryer. Check out 12noon. Thank you!

I like the way the security keep it safe by checking everyones elijablity 4a room. On the way back.

I will not stay at thus place again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Well let's start from the checking in process, not professional. Feeling unsafe. Rooms were not to a comfort standard. I can actually go on and on.

Perfect secluded weekend getaway......
    • Standard Queen Room

This was the first Motel 6 I have ever been to with wooden floors. It was clean, quiet, and relaxing. The location was perfect. It was in close proximity of San Diego and all the places I wanted to visit.

it was not delightful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

I had a horrible experience right the moment I got there. I got two rooms and had to get a third one unannounced. The beds were hard and not enough pillows. they ran out of towels so they were not able to give us any. the hardwood floor were dusty and dirty. couldn't walk around bare feet at all. our feet were black by the time we were going to bed.

It was overall a safe, comfortable place to stay for 1 night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Too noisy. There was a couple of semi trucks in the parking lot. I’m assuming they were guest and there was a lot of people going in and out of there room late hours of the night. My room was by the stairs, it was very disruptive

Very attentive staff. A Lil too persistent with our second guests checking in but other that it was fast and friendly.

Rude, scammers, no Customer service, stay if you want to feel like your in jail
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

place was run like a prison, staff rude, no customer service, they scam you into paying before they tell you about the ridiculous policy's. Things I've never dealt with. Will never book them again

Nothing to report.

The rooms were nice
    • Standard Queen Room

The WiFi should have been "FREE!" The door was jammed I couldn't get out sometimes! I had to jerk on that door several times for it to open and that was room 135! No Free breakfast except for coffee

The rooms were nice

had a nice quiet stay! thanks!
    • Standard Queen Room

the lights were a little too dim and had to pay for internet, but other than that, all great!

very comfortable and relaxing! will do it again! enjoyed my little get away!

Awful .

Front desk staff

Caught staff members Rae and Terry speaking about me in. Negative way. That same day we argued,they lied about another room, they put me on a DNR. I RECORDED THEM SPEAKING ABOUT ME. They didn't know I was standing at the front desk. I'M TURNING ITOVER TO MY ATTORNEY. RAE ALSO CALLED MY EMPLOYER RUDE AFTER SPEAKING TO HIM ON THE PHONE. HOW DARE HER!!!

I registered my guest and was harassed during the night with complaint that i didn't. I left
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Mis communication with staff led me to flee property at 2 following up with my concerns i treated horrible and bullied leading me to contact corporate at customer relations only a refund was won. No grievance policy secured .

I enjoy they usual easy check in

Best Motel 6 I been to
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that I was on the third floor have to climb all those stairs with my luggage and the fact that they room numbers are not in order

It was very clean very quiet I got a good night sleep finally the staff was very nice they made my stay very welcome

We’re not coming back, we were treated so badly by your people.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Your employee was VERY RUDE She doesn’t need to be in the front desk alienating us the customers and making us the liars over her incompetency.

The location were here for a funeral so it was really convenient for us to be near the cemetery.

Fair
    • Standard Queen Room

The price when booked was lower and when we arrived the price went up tremendously the booking was for 2people they claimed they didn't receive the information.

My stay here was terrible I'll never come back here again
    • Standard Queen Room

the staff was rude and unaccommodating. The manager was unavailable. The cleanliness of the hotel was definitely a thumbs down and it smells terribly bad I would not recommend this property to anybody elderly or anybody with children or who doesn't have pets. The maids are rude and they don't clean up well

This is the worst Motel 6 property I've stayed at
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

this is the second time I've stayed at this property and check-out is not until 12 noon the Maids came to the door at 10:30 a.m. and three other times awesome one came in without knocking once while I was sleep naked in the bed with my husband I tried to make a complaint in the front office and the staff member Melissa was very rude and wouldn't allow me to talk to the the rooms smell like animals dogs and cats cigarette smoke there was hair all over the sheets and the bathtub

absolutely nothing

EVERYTHING SUCKED!!! FROM VISITOR FEE CHARGE $6.00 TO DIRTY ROOM FLOORS WITH BAD SECURITY SERVICES.
    • Standard Queen Room

EVERYTHING!!! FROM MANAGEMENT TO HOUSKEEPING!! ROOM NOT WELL DUSTED ,FLOOR FILTHY!! IT WAS JUST YOUR EASY QUICK TOUCH UP!!OLDER BLACK LADY DONT KNOW IF SHES OWNER BUT RUDE AS HELL, WATER SHUT OFF BUT THIS TIME THERE WAS WARNING ABOUT IT...

Not a damn thing!!

I like that the employees helped me and gave me a different...
    • Standard Queen Room

In the first room that was given to me, the beds were not made, there were beer bottles everywhere, filled ashtrays, used towels.

I like that the employees helped me and gave me a different room.

Rae the assistant manager as really sweet!
    • Standard Queen Room

Rae the assistant manager as really sweet!! Pretty cool chic!! Most of the staff at Motel 6 Chula Vista was pretty cool except for one guy that works in the office. Harsh attitude at times. Unpleasant and a little out of line. Another than that, Tracy, Rae (Management) have a nice staff and motel.

No frills, clean, comfy, good value for the budget minded.
    • Standard Queen Room

It's pet friendly. unfortunately someone didn't clean up after their pet who left its calling card on the walkway.

No frills, clean, comfy, good value for the budget minded.

Terrible it was very dirty

Nothing worse motel ever

Room was nasty carpet all stained chairs stained I think I wanted my money Booking here if this motel pops up in your web again I will never book with you guys ever again it bad

stayed at this location many times. Time to make a change and move on
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

beds are horrible - changed rooms but still didn't help. advertise coffee at 6:00 a.m. NEVER before 6:15 a.m. 2 ice machines and I have never seen but one operate.

great location

IThe customer service is good, mainly the lady from the...
    • Standard Queen Room

The only thing I didn't like, is that the houskeepen start to pressure you from 11: am knocking at the door, when it is check out at 12pm. I understand that they have to do the cleaning of the room, but I felt really stressed over time. I called the front desk to have an extension of 30 more minutes, and the lady of the main office told me that she couldn't because her manager was on the property, that if I gave the key late even if it was 5 minutes after the time to check out I was going to be registered and it wasn't going to be possible for me to be able to get another room in the future.

IThe customer service is good, mainly the lady from the front desk very friendly.

It was very relaxing and pleasant stay. Thx c. Marcus
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a little pricey. There're were no amenities in the room like coffee maker and coffee or shampoo and body soap. Other then that it was a very relaxing stay thx c. Marcus

It's close to all . Stores, restaurants, etc. it has a pool and an elevator. As I am disabled. Thank you for a wonderful stay . Mrs. C. Marcus

I will always aim to stay there when booking a room in Chula Vista.
    • Standard Queen Room

If I had to say one thing I didn't like, hhmmm... I would have to make something up so I'll say that the sun was too bright when I looked at it without sunglasses.

The staff at the front desk are the best. Very friendly and helpful. The best hotel i've stayed at so far, better then some 5 stars that I've been to. I can't think of one thing to improve.

Overall, good hotel, and great night at my stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Just wish could of been on ground level because of me having kids didmt want any complaints.

Staff were and security were really nice, people around this environment.

Big mistake do not stay here!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirty, run down good for smokers. Reserved non smoking room but it had been smoked in and smelled the floor was dirty. They did not have another room only could give us a up graded room but we would have to pay more. I will never stay here. We had to go to another motel. Next door is a very nice and clean days inn for a bit more we got a clean comfortable room and they had breakfast in morning

Nothing good to say

Buyer Beware
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

My boots got stolen even after I asked for no room service. They didn't bother to tell me they do room service every other day like it or not. Then my Doc Martins were not by the door where I left them. There is no coffee or ironing items in the room, you have to show/keep your id at the front to get the iron. There are guards after 10pm, that are slow and check everything, but they are slow bc they are chatting amongst themselves. The room smelt like someone pee'd into the ac. The ac has mold as well and should be changed out. The remote to the tv was screwed shut and didn't work. The shower head had mold on it. Inside the lamps there was mold too... You must clean when you're this close to the ocean, and although all the cameras make you feel "safe", just know it looks like this hotel is usually for shifty individuals, or they wouldn't have even the remote bolted down, and such a lack of accommodations in the room, with the slight scent of dog and human piss blowing from the ac. Certainly not a place to stay if you don't have to.

Location. Staff. Parking. Handicap accessibility.

There was no breakfast but they did have coffee.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There could of been a microwave or a refrigerator

There was no breakfast but they did have coffee.The staff was nice and very polite as were the maids.Plus the price was nice to

I wish I had never booked at this hotel it was not very clean very dingy they put me in a corner by
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

People hanging around in the parking lot drinking and working on cars and kids running all over the place did not feel safe at all everybody like a free-for-all on a Friday night very disappointed I'll have

This was the worst stay ever .a lost of 138.00 for one night

Everything.

The on site manager was smoking marijuana in the doorway next to my room. She was very rude. The room smell Ed of bug spray. Took pictures and request a refund and was told to contact corporate. Pubic hair on towels and in sink.

I hated it there.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no microwave or frig.

I did not like anything about motel 6. I booked on line and was told one price, and when I got there they charged me more. We was in a room by the office and the staff was so loud we could not sleep. I will never book a room at motel 6 again.

awful we left after the first night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was supposed to be adjoining and they weren't. Crack heads up all hours. Thin walls. Room smelled like smoke and mildew even though it was a non smoking room. beds were hard. up all night worried my car was going to be broken into and people outside all night.

Employees were nice

Great place to stay for a couple of nights, right across the street from the San Diego Trolley...
    • Standard Queen Room

Asked for a senior discount and was told it was already built into the price. However, the price was lower on the hotel's website. I also couldn't figure out how to use the Internet. It's not free...

I've stayed there more than a half a dozen times over the last 16 years. It's convenient, quiet and comfortable. At night they have security and check cars to make sure you are a guest...

Wont stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Too many kids running by your room late at night, no refrigerator was available, too little tv channels, the door to the bathroom was always getting stuck, and not enought soap or shower gel was available.

Freeway was close by

Always a nice place to crash when not at home.
    • Standard Queen Room

Prices are steadily rising.Some of the rooms smell smokey even the non smoking rooms. Sometimes the bed covers are questionable. ( dirty and stained)

The tv selection is great.

The manager tracey was a great help
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk associate named AB gave guest a hard time with accomodations and messed up our reservation which had to be fixed by the manager and he refused to let us use his phone to call booking.com to notify them of the issue.

The manager tracey was a great help

Never again
    • Standard Queen Room

Car gets locked in at night and many loud people around I'm parking lot, unsafe neighborhood. Room was not comfortable and we had little sleep. Couldn't go out, due to neighborhood being unsafe.

Not much, didn't get sleep due to noise and yelling in the parking lot. Parking lot gets pad locked at night. Not safe. I guess it's pet friendly

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The stay was not as nice of an experience as I thought it should have been.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shower pressure was none. One sight said microwave and fridge was included but was not. Reserved two beds in the room, stated two people on internet sight but was charged $40 more for second person. Why would one person want two beds in a motel? That was a big shocker to have to put out $40 for a second person. The room smelled of marijuana when we went upstairs. The room next door was open for more than 24 hours. The trash from the open room was left out at the top of the stairs. We had to kick it out of the way when we got there. The trash was left out for more than 24 hours, that is after we arrived. When we asked for clean towels none were given out. The sheets weren't changed when we asked for the cleaning service our third or fourth day. The air conditioner was not working very well at all. The first person to check us in did not explain the parking pass at all. The following morning I received a warning. Only one key card was offered with two adults as guest. Staff was not very friendly.

The beds were good. Lots of floor space. Great view of the bay. No carpeting, which was good. Nice little pool.!

Compared to other cheap hotels, this is the best one I have stayed at.
    • Standard Queen Room

The shower leaked all over the bathroom even with a shower curtain. The room was not very big. We had two suitcases and not a lot of room to put them. The table had a chair but it was too crowded to move it.

The room was really clean and a good price for the location.

Safe, relaxing place to sleep with a great view of the ocean.
    • Standard Queen Room

The dog area was a eucalyptus tree planter. Unacceptable. It needed more space and grass. Also it's $110 per night on the weekend with a discounted rate. This is way too much. I would rather not have room service and have a reasonable rate.

I liked the bed and service best. People were playing reggae (HEAVY BASS) until 3 am and when I told parking security the music was off by the time I came back to my room. The employees were amazing in Chula Vista as opposed to the snobby a-holes here in San Francisco.

Basic accomodations at a good price.
    • Standard Queen Room

Extra cost for Wi-Fi and lack of microwave and refrigerator are negatives.

Good accommodation for a budget traveler. Extra Security provided for property and parking space.

I liked the fact it was in a great location didn't have...

The only thing I didnt like was no guess after 10pm

I liked the fact it was in a great location didn't have to drive was able to enjoy kicking back on a trolley ride to get around. It was clean and safe with security being on property.

The bed sheets were dirty.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed sheets were dirty. The toilet seat was chipped and dirty. I requested a non-smoking room on the first floor and none of those requests were fulfilled.