Reviews of Motel 6 East Brunswick 2 stars

10 Edgeboro Rd, I-95 At Sr 18, Exit #9, East Brunswick, NJ 08816, USA

#4 of 7 hotels in East Brunswick

I like the fact that everything was clean and neat in the...

I didn't like that there were no big recliner in the room. My mom has sleep apnea and she has to sleep upright and she prefers to sleep in a recliner. So maybe some recliners added to some of the room's. it would be a perfect addition to anyone's vacation stay.

I like the fact that everything was clean and neat in the room. I was pretty satisfied.

The design is great!

The room had bedbugs we had to get another room for the night after my partner got bitten. People next to us screaming, talking loud, kids crying and no one did nothing about it.

The design is great!

Please add fridge and microwave.

Each suite, room needs a microwave and a mini fridge. It is necessary. Guests dont have to go downstairs to microwave any left over they might have from the previous night. Fridge is necessary for keeping cold beverages for those of us that dont want to spend $2 on a 500ml of dasani bottle.

Front desk staff very nice and friendly.

The bed was very blah, it has ONE mattress that is thin so there was no support and therefore uncomfortable, a plus tho is I liked the bedding it wasn't that big bulky comforter.

Front desk staff very nice and friendly. The room was clean and so big and spacious and best of all HARDWOOD FLOORS would definitely stay again.

Right guy next to a great Chinese buffet which you could...

No dresser in room. Bed creaked and looked like it wasn’t going to support both of us. The AC didn’t work. One bath towel was large and the other was small that a small child could dry off with. You get what you pay for!

Right guy next to a great Chinese buffet which you could walk to.

Reasonable pet friendly motel conveniently located close to the NJ turnpike.

Even though it's a basic motel, I think the lobby and rooms could be made more attractive e.g. inexpensive prints on the walls.

I really appreciated that our two small dogs were able to stay free of charge. Because it is located away from the main roads, it is nice and quiet.

Very nice and relaxing, including vey close store and Coffee shops !

I thought at least one dresser . Heaven dude one ! I understand guest can be destructive, But for such a nice size room .. we could use a dresser!

Excellent value!!!!!!!!

Disguisting

so the first room I was given had an infestation of ants.. had to be hundreds of them in the room., I actually took pictures of this.. the infestation was so bad when I pulled the covers back there few of them crawling in the bed and inside the pillow case... I was diaguisted.. I searched the room and saw multiple ant farms in the corners.. this is what happens when housekeeping doesn't clean the rooms.....the second room I was put into had mold in the shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months had burn holes in the mattress... the best part was finding the pubic hairs all over the bed.. I found enough hairs to make a wig!!! Needless to stay I wasted 84 bucks to sleep in my car in the parking lot!!! Way to go motel 6 you can afford to leave the night on but can't afford to have proper house cleaning

the best part of this motel is the staff. They are accommodating and understanding

No issues just really miss a few comforts

No extras in the room like shampoo conditioner blow dryer bed was not comfortable not crazy about the laminate floor carpet would have been nice and a breakfast would have been

Staff was excellent

AMAZING; Beyond my expectations of what motel 6 was!!!!!

I remember this place from 10 years ago when it was a flea bag crack prostitute hotel. We used to have hotel parties there when I was in high school. They did a entire renovation. The rooms were clean no musty hotel smell. NO BED BUGS. When I asked the front desk people about bed bugs there were honest and stated they removed all the carpets and haven't had an incident in 3 years which I believed as bed bugs hide/breed in carpets. AMAZING hotel for the money I paid. GOOD JOB MOTEL 6. I definitely come back!!!!

The stay was bad.

The stay was bad. Dirty room. The bed sheets weren’t clean. We asked then to come change the sheets they said we don’t have anyone to change them now come get another set. Then they gave us also a non-clean sheets. Find somewhere else.

Perfect for a short stay.

Nothing. I will go here again.

The hotel was very clean and smelled pleasant. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bed was more comfortable then my own.

More or less

The coffee, the tv was too to the left instead of being on the middle of the bed, the gps keep telling me to go to the back of the motel where I couldn’t go in and I’m not from there.

I liked that they had things to take care of the dog even knowing I brought my bags

It could be better

The towels has hair on them. The bath tub/shower and sink was not cleaned everyday the floor in the bathroom was not mop. The detergent dispenser doesn't work. The shhets are with holes

The front desk staff is excellent

Price reflects services.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Totally no frills. No shampoo only sliver of bar soap. First nite booked the system was down for maintenance and had to sleep in the car in the parking lot.

Clean room. Friendly accommodating staff.

The rooms should be swipe and mop everyday the gust is there. The tubs needs to be cleaned

The room had blood on the pillow case. Blood on the light switch in the bathroom blood drop on the floor. And blood on the faucet

The ftiont desk staff was wonderful

Great value!!

had to pay for wifi and no breakfast but given the price of the room it was not a big deal

I stayed at the hotel because I had minor back surgery in a nearby facility and lived out of town. August, front desk clerk, made sure I had a room that was handicapped accessible, on the first floor, and could park right in front. The room was attractive, exceptionally clean, and the bed was great. I loved that it was set back in a very quiet neighborhood but only two blocks from the highway and all kinds of restaurants. Great location. I also thought the price was extraordinarily reasonable. Great value! Would stay there again in a heartbeat. THANKS!

The rooms need to be mop dusted and sinks clean and sheets cleaned

They room was not clean the sheets had hair in them.rhe room.had a bug.in it spoke to the manager wanted to fumigate the room and stated that I could stay in that room after

The front desk staff was helpful

It’s convenient.

The heater was very loud and cycled on every 30 seconds. It woke me up a few times.

It’s convenient. The staff was really nice. Overall, everything was fine. Nothing great. But perfectly adequate for a nice and very reasonably priced!

The room we were in was large and had a good sized shower.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

There was a crack under the door of our room so there was a cold draft, and when the maintenance crew came through with leaf blowers a ton of leaves came through the crack into our room! The floors were constantly a little sticky too, and made my feet very dirty. The TV had a problem with what I understand is “hotel dimming” (???) which meant the screen darkened after a little time watching, making it very difficult for two people with sight problems to watch for more than five minutes. I’ve never experienced this issue with a TV in a Motel 6 before.

The room we were in was large and had a good sized shower. The beds were comfortable and clean. The TV was an updated one and did actually receive and display HD signal which most hotel room TVs don’t.

Room was nice and clean

Asked for help my TV wasn't working told nobody until morning asked to change rooms told no more rooms but I was able to book online, front desk staff rude and unhelpful. Room was clean and nice. Didn't see much of area.

Room was nice and clean

Great place to relax if you require the quietness

Things were well always stay there when I travel back to NJ

Everything was well until the lastnite the heat was air and in the morning the heat worked spoke to managment and there working on that issue

Great price, clean & a ROOF OVER MY HEAD!

The doors are heavy & upon your 1st. Entrance it's understandable for the door to SLAM LOUD. There is no reason for SLAMMING Doors IN THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING! That's just RUDE.

The staff are kind & try their BEST to accommodate you anyway you request WITH A SMILE!

Never again

The lobby was cold. A table & confrence chair. Hallway rug was dirty needed a vacuum. Room was basic...thin sheets that had long black hairs in bed sheets. Very nervous! No blankets. Could hear people talking in hallway...all night0

Room was clean and newly renovated.

Front desk staff was very rude. No free WiFi. No fridge, no microwave, no iron board and no breakfast. It is very tough and confusing road to get to Hotel if you are coming first time.

Room was clean and newly renovated.

Nice motel for a great price.

Check in was quick and easy. Staff was very friendly. Room was updated and clean and room was quiet. Motel is easy access to NJ Turnpike and is close to all stores. East Brunswick Mall is also close by. Motel prices are very reasonable. Very enjoyable trip. Thank you.

Decent cheap stay, expect nothing from front desk

Front Desk girl lacked customer service skills. Was in no hurry to get to front desk to address customers, when she finally did she was chewing food.

Price

your staff gives out personal information over the phone to...

your staff gives out personal information over the phone to people who they not only don't know but didn't stay at your establishment. It is an invasion of privacy and and one i will speak with my lawyers about.

Not the best ever...

I checked in 110/4 and checked out 10/20. I never, in my complete stay, received any housekeeping. I requested cleaning but never received it.

Front desk were the best ever!!! They were prompt, friendly and kind.

Only ok for a one night stay

- Stains on bathroom towels and beddings - Room window doesn't open - Very loud parking-lot conversations till 4 AM - No fridge, shampoo, toothpaste

- Welcoming staff - Simple decorations

Not worth the price.

The room was never fully cleaned. The floors were never swept in the bathroom, the beds poorly made. There was no refrigerator as I had expected. WIFI was not free. No dressers for your clothing. Roaches were discovered in the room. The maid appeared to be thorough only when the rooms were empty of guests. And often eavesdrop at the front of the door.

They plus was having available laundry on site.

It was cost effective, comfortable, and local to my business need.

A couple of larger towels would have been better than the skimpy ones supplied.

At the front desk I found John to be outstanding. He was friendly, personable, and service oriented.

ok but nothing special, a little over priced for whats offered.

The room was a little cold and there was no extra blankets in the room. The room was very large but no facilities in the room ( Fridge / microwave ) like available in other Motel 6 branches

Room was ok for stop off along with the road, We arrived late and staff were available to check in.

The help at the front desk "Edwin" I believe was...

The help at the front desk "Edwin" I believe was his name. He should be commended for his personal touch and how he makes everyone feel welcomed.

An experience.

No "amenities " no pad and pen. When I left a gratuity for the housekeeper I couldn't write a note to tell her that the money was for her. The modular furniture is an interesting idea but when I change clothes I like to put the stuff I took off in a drawer and there are none in these rooms. The showere leaked from the ceiling in the shower which means that the room above me mine must of had a leak so it had to be fixed. It would be nice to have a coffee maker in the rooms. No problem with no breakfast offered but at least let us have a cup of coffee when we get up.. Your cable tv goes down at the drop of a hat. You may want to check it out or look for a new service

Your staff was very pleasant and helpful. I don't remember her name but when I checked in it was raining heavily and she wax quick with the check in and gave me a towel to dry off with while I was waiting. Just very pleasant and helpful.

my stay was very good as always, the rooms are comfortable and the price is very affordable

what could have been better is to have more pillows on the bed, so i went to the front desk and asked them for extra pillows and there was no problem, they gave me two extra pillows.

i like the location off the hotel, while i didn"t have eggs i enjoyed some popeyes chicken, you have agreat chioce of resturaunts that you can eat from '

Nice quiet room!

Housekeeping left small bar of hand soap from previous guests in toilet bowl and shower.

Room was exactly was described. Very modern and well done. Quiet!

DO NOT STAY HERE!

First off when you approach the motel the sign says make your first "U Turn". I approach the traffic light to make a U turn and above the sign says "No Turns". I had my turn signal on at first about to turn & seen a cop there and decided not turn. I was then soon pulled over and harassed my the local cops! There was no reason for me being pulled over. We final are able to get to the motel which was difficult to pull into. Check in was a slow process because the lady didn't know what she was doing. We then are woken up at 3AM to the same lady trying to unlock the door & get into our room for some reason. On top of that the room felt like a jail cell. Shower was horrible, No hair dryer, No Fridge, No microwave. Overall I would never stay at a Motel 6 again!

Checking out and never coming back to this place again!

Seriously there is no better value you'll see!!!

Catching up on my reviews and I have to give credit where credit is due The Manager, Edwin and the rest of the staff are great!! Motel 6 is certainly an A+ value!

AWESOME!!!!!

Edwin, his manager and the rest of the staff are awesome!!!! These people really take pride in ensuring you are well taken care of!!! I have stayed here numerous times and will continue to -they simply are the best!!!!

Fantastic staff makes a nice Motel great

The lighting was dim as one of them was out. Also, the bathroom fan made a loud noise for the first minute and a half when you turned it on. Did not inform the management as we were only staying one night and we were exhausted so we slept through most of it.

The staff was amazing. They worked with me well through all my travel difficulties and needing to change my reservation. They also recommended places for delivery of dinner. The room was very clean and nice.

The beds were very comfortable for the price of the room.

Get mini fridges!

The beds were very comfortable for the price of the room. It was unfortunate that a mini fridge wasn't available in the room but luckily we had a cooler!

Clean and modern rooms.

I'm Handicapped and I was given a 2nd floor room and there's no elevator. The night clerk wasn't very helpful but the management changed the room the next day.

Clean and modern rooms. The rates were good and close to everything.

It's ok

Towel service, they don't give you fresh towels unless you go to the front desk and request them. They do not clean the room daily. The sink faucet hit's the little glass shelf above the sink, so you can't open it up. you get a low flow. No amenities like shampoo or conditioner, just a bar of soap. room had a shelf in middle, tv on top, and a bar to hang clothes on. A folding suitcase stool, that was all for your clothes. cheap pillows. Had a desk and chair, no table. Not a great decor. Just a place to sleep nothing more.

comfortable beds, large bathroom

I would stay again.

Parking lot really small and needs to monitored. Guest were leaving glass beer bottles in the parking lot.

It was a please stay. Staff were please and helful. It was clean and modern. I would use them again.

Not worth even the low price
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The room had a smoking smell even though it was "non-smoking". There was no shampoo in the room. No stairs and we had a room on the 2nd floor, the staff member did not mention it. The morning coffee didn't even have milk, just non-dairy milk powder,

It was clean

Upset customer

Will never stay again, got discriminated against, because of waiting outside for taxi, when other races were the same thing, we were singled out and called by management. Very upset

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

It was good , clean .

Didn't like the fact that i need it to pay for WiFi . Had no shampoo bed was little hard .

It was good , clean . The staff was very friendly the room nice and comfortable.

Definitely would recommend to a friend.

Just 2 hand towels and 2 bath towels for 4 people! I also believe that on today's market and all the competition around, the motel could offer a free WiFi!

Nice, clean. Easy & quick check in. Drinking water fountain inside is a plus.

Great value!

WiFi is not included and rowdy crowds on the weekends.

Location is excellent, easy access to NJ Turnpike. Price is great. Good value for your money. Room is updated and very comfortable. Staff is always friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Clean place, good value, not luxurious

the bed wasn't very comfortable, there weren't any warm blankets, and the only toiletry offered was a bar of soap

the room was spotless, the bed was free of bed bugs (we do a thorough inspection wherever we stay), and its a great value. the staff was exceptionally nice to my girlfriend and I. We'd stay here again

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Cleanliness

Staff was no where to be found upon arrival. Heat in my room worked poorly, woke up freezing with leg cramps. Asked front desk for an OTC pain reliever such as tylenol for pain and they were "not allowed to have that for guests". I was not able to sleep after that.

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

relaxsation
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I didn't like that my pillow case had blood on it, I didn't like that when I turned the heat up it smelt burnt, I didn't like that there was no way to tell time, lastly I didn't like that there was no kitchen in the room and that id u need to warm something up you had to go to the lobby or you couldn't keep anything cold in the room because it would get spoiled

when stayaing at this hotel for two days I liked that the rooms were very conferrable and that the employees are very helpful and respectful and make sure that you have a good stay

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Good stay but location information could have been more accurate

The location which was given for the gps co-ordinate landed us to the one way road and it took a lot of time to come to this hotel from opposite side. The address now has been updated properly with "10 edgeboro road" which wasn't the case when I booked. Also no microwave or refrigerator in the room, which I think is needed.

The room was clean and good.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Over all, was a comfortable stay.

Housekeeping coming everyday & only sheets, towels were changed which is good,but rm not properly cleaned, stayed the same. Inconvenience them coming everyday for just change of sheets. guests should have option to request service or not.

The friendliness of the staff & their helpfulness....

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Very spacious rooms for a Motel 6.

The main problem is accessing the motel from route 18. Some very awkard and poorly indicated U turns must be made, and if you make a mistake you are taken far away.

Very spacious rooms for a Motel 6. Very convenient.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Not be - could be better for the price.

better selection of tv channels. for the price, should have fridge and coffee pot. fan in bathroom is deafening. don't walk across floors in bare feet as they will stick to them. towels should be bigger and softer.

allow pets

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

It's a nice contemporary theme but the rooms are bare.

It's a nice contemporary theme but the rooms are bare. It needs artwork on the wall and fill up empty corners of the room. It's literally a rectangular box with a bed in the middle.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Basic and clean. Good decor.

Bathroom door was broken and would not shut. Difficult to navigate to (road closures with no warning), unhelpful hotel directional signs (uturn).

Basic and clean room at an affordable price.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Surprised by Motel 6 - better than I expected.

So I think they keep prices low by not giving you any soap or shampoo or any other toiletries.

I have not stayed in a Motel 6 in atleast 20 years. But price was great, knowing I was going to be arriving very late at night and leaving early in morning. It was easy to find and right off 95! Room appeared to be recently remodeled and was better than I expected.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Good value

Wifi should be included.

Great value, location is off of the NJ turnpike and close to shopping, updated renovations and clean, staff is friendly, bed is very comfortable.

Clean and comfortable in a nice leafy quiet setting.

Clean and comfortable in a nice leafy quiet setting.

Great value hideaway

Floors could have been a little cleaner other than that nothing

Nice place

No fridge or microwave in the room. No iron

It was clean

super clean and quiet.

super clean and quiet...extremely helpful staff!

THE MOST HORRIBLE STAY EVER!!

The BEDS ARE HORRIBLE! LIKE THOSE JAIL MATTRESSES!!

Convenience

2 day getaway

No shampoo, no tissue,no anything

Cost

nice size bed and very clean and comfortable!

n/a

nice size bed and very clean and comfortable!

No mini fridge

No mini fridge

Clean and quite

Clean and quite

This is a no frills motel.

This is a no frills motel. There is no refrid gerator or microwave. but it was clean and comfortable.

Very comfortable.

No fridge in the room

Not great, but good enough. I can sleep well and comfortable. No fridge or table or chair. Fair stay

Far inside, dark path to the motel.

Free parking.

need to clean bathrooms and floors and blankets better

cleanliness, showers broken door was open to room when i went to go in.

staff, location