Reviews of Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare 2 stars

2881 Touhy Avenue, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007, USA

#8 of 12 hotels in Elk Grove Village

I arrived to check in at 6 am I advised by email I was super poorly received by the receptionist treated me very poorly and was ill-mannered causing inconvenience because I did not speak English

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

It's on a tight corner where the traffic can make it a pain to leave the motel during certain times. But there are ways around it, and traffic is to be expected can't really hold it against them.

Friendly staff from shuttle drivers to the front desk to the room service.

Staff rude and there was a fight in the hall ways after I had just got to sleep from my trip to Italy...that brought the cops there ...i would not stay again did not feel safe at all ...I give this place a 1 in rating ...

It would be nicer impression if they refresh overall paint inside and change the carpet in the hallways. Elevator is old and loud. It feels like it could collapse anytime.

Convenient access to the airport (10 min easy drive to terminal 5)

The halls smelled like pot...The staff was rude ..and while I was there 2 females in the night where in the hall fighting and screaming the police were called at 11pm...They say they offer free parking ..not true it waa 10 a day and the pick up at the airport was very confusing...so I waited more than 1 hour to get picked up ..

They should provide clothes press service, breakfast even paid

Room is big and clean, it just place for sleep and weak up do what you come for. They offer airport shuttle , if you want to go any where in Chicago just take shuttle to airport then move from there

The property is in an industrial area with no pedestrian crossings on a large muli-lane road - so going for a walk not recommended! There is a Subway next door. No microwave or mini-fridge in room. The TV was a big ancient CRT style with poor reception.

There was a free shuttle from O'HARE! The room was very large, comfortable, and clean, with a roomy desk. If you need a shuttle to the airport, you can sign up at the front desk and they will call you about 10 minutes before your requested departure time.

Was surprised to see a workout room. My stay was only 6 hours to sleep so didn't see much more.

The lobby and halls were what you expect in a Motel 6 - minimalistic. My room was large (1 king bed), clean, and comfortable. Bed was hard but comfortable, bathroom was tiny, staff was friendly, coffee was hot. Price was perfect through Booking.com.

The staff is what makes this place great. Estella up front was amazing. She was so helpful and pleasant in accommodating an early check in for me the last time I was in Chicago, I decided to stay here again. She was just as friendly and helpful the second time. Can’t beat the price either!!! Also they have a shuttle service to and from airport.

That they put us right next to a room they where doing construction on. And the the TV was really fuzzy couldn't really see the screen.

The staff was great

The room reeked of smoke and smelled musty and moldy. The bed was terrible. I felt the springs and the mattress was hard as a rock. I felt very unsafe in the room. I was on the first floor by an exit door. Someone was knocking on my door at 3:00 am. I almost called 911.

The convenience of free shuttle service to the airport.

Bed is a little uncomfortable but doable

Very nice for the cost & location. Perfect place to stay to catch a early flight. Check-In was VERY smooth staff very friendly. Would stay again.

The location and the check in clerk who watched me fill ou the Travelers Check, look at it like it was something rare, and then muttered, 'we don't take these!'

I was told that Motel 6 does not take American Express travelers checks??? Is this correct?

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not enough vending machines, for snacks...

The hotel staff in general are worthy of any 5 star hotel, experience....they are all very efficient and knowledgeable....kudos to Motel 6 O'Hare Elk Grove Village....

I should've read the description more closely, so I was surprised when there was no mini-fridge or coffee maker in the room, which makes it difficult to make and store baby formula. Also, even though I requested a crib through Booking.com, when I asked the front desk for one, I was informed that they would ask Housekeeping (who had already gone home for the day; this was around 6 pm), but they never got back to us about it. The baby slept in our bed instead. Finally, while the rooms were non-smoking, the hallways smelled very strongly of smoke.

Look, you get what you paid for. This was a decent price in a decent location, and I didn't expect more than that. When I checked in, they asked me which floor I preferred, which was nice. The staff were all friendly and answered all our questions.

pick up inconvenient, not punctual, especially when you have to wait in the cold outside. had to ask front desk for hair dryer and return when check out. room and amenity getting worse every time back. shower dripping whole night.

Front desk ladies are nice.

Everything was beyond our expectations. We were stuck in Chicago after returning from Africa and paid 120 for a hotel of equal value the night before. We even felt yours to be more cozy and pleasing!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing, everything was just fine for me.

Location to the airport, clean, quiet, freindly and helpful staff, free shuttle to the airport, coffee in the lobby.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Morning receptionist was a lady quite rude. When I called her for shuttle she pretended I never did and had me waiting at airport for over an hour! When I arrived she was rude and dismissive. Too bad, everyone else was really nice!

Nice big room,great shuttle service, warm and comfortable. Really nice receptionist helped with early ceck in so that I could rest plenty until my next flight

We had to take a taxi because the shuttle service as not available due to a transformer power out. The taxi was very expensive and not in our budget. The motel offered no compensation for the inconvenience. Taxi bill was $41.25!!!!

the room was clean and comfortable

It took an hour for the shuttle to arrive at the airport. Reception told me 20 mins! Motel is outdated, but clean

Just A normaal motel. Nothing fancy

The refrigerator & microwave were sitting in top of the office desk My opinion is to place the refrigerator under the desk/ place a small table to accommodate having both. I'm surprised that the hotel doesn't have shuttle to take you to the airport.

Perfect location. Friendly staff. Rooms were clean Bed comfy. Complimentary breakfast .

A bit isolated. Breakfast options would have been excellent.

The hotel is located at an isolated place but within the close vicinity of Chicago O Hare airport. They offer a free airport shuttle to and from the Airport. Free shuttle to nearby Target was a big plus point. All the shuttle drivers are very friendly and they all helped with the bags.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom had some mildew along the floor border, but other than that everything was fine

Great location for flying out of O'hare. Very friendly staff, clean and quiet

Van driver picking me up was rude, did not say one word to me, no greeting, nothing. Very bad impression on this property if staff wont even exhibit minimal courtesy! Towels very scratchy and worn; I realize this is Motel 6. but I think they could use some fabric softener or buy some better quality towels or replace them more often.

Room was comfy, mattress was perfect! Close to airport. has free shuttle to/from. Subway store just across parking lot Was simple, yet covered the basics well. Front desk staff, friendly, helpful.

I didn't like how the room didn't have a microwave or fridge . I also didn't like the old tv not a big deal though.

It was a peaceful place just what we wanted. Room nicely cleaned staff was really friendly. The lady checked me in quickly .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was not provided with the hair dryer

Perfect for one or two nights stay. The motel provides a free airport shuttle every 30 minutes. You only need to register on a sheet at the reception. It is only 10 minutes far away from the airport.

Perhaps you can provide disposable slippers?

For the price it was a good deal. One thing I like about the place is that I can just park my car there and use the shuttle service that they provide to take public transport to downtown. With that I do not need to worry anything about the parking or traffic and so on, although it takes about 2 hours coming back and forth. I don't mind travelling time since it save lot of costs and I have plenty of time for this trip. Its just depends on people. And the staff were really nice. Thank you :)

Pick up at the airport was a hassle. I arrived at Terminal 5 and pick up wad at Terminal 2 and they didn't tell me the terminal number, so I waisted over 1 hour.

Clean and wide room. Reasonable price.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Carpets were wet. People were smoking marijuana and the entire hallway and entry area smelled from the odor. There were hookers that were coming in and servicing men. Very disgusting environment

Price

Loud heater. Very basic.

Shuttle bus from the airport. had to wait for around 40 minutes though. Room was just about clean. Restaurants in walkable distance

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There is a slight smell when you walk in the room, but it clears once you walk through the door, really was a non issue but it was there. It won't affect your stay one way or the other. No other issues.

Had a blast, airport not far away but i suggest booking the shuttle bus beforehand as taxi will cost you 40 US dollars, lovely venue and great people working there. Transportation to the city is nice and easy bus stop right out the front.

I had to wait almost 1 hour for the shuttle to pick up at the airport.

Convenient location to Chicago OHare airport, free shuttle to and from the airport, clean and quiet room, good value, friendly staff.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Not all staff are that helpful; my 2 e-mails were not answered; there was a dog barking from 4am to 6am in the room next door, which kept me awake. When I asked the staff to do something about it, I was told that they couldn't since it seems that the occupants of that room had already left work work (!). That may well have been, but at the end of the day it was still not my problem and I was exposed to a sleepless night, which was not fair.

Clean, good-sized bedrooms; very good shuttle service to and from the airport; free coffee-making facilities; staff usually helpful and friendly

Overall, it was a nice comfortable stay with friendly, helpful staff. I would stay here again if the need arises, and I would recommend the hotel to others. Good value for the money. Thanks Motel 6 Elk Grove Village staff.

Other passengers said shuttle is unreliable, but they come back because cheap price for a clean room. Had to load luggage in to van myself and another passenger put out the step to get in and out of the van.

Staff was very nice, room old but clean.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

It was clean not fancy you get what you pay for.

The rate beats all others. The airport pickup was about a hour wait. But the front desk man was friendly and I was tired and felt lucky to have a bed to sleep in .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

One reception staff person was unfriendly and rude. She gave us keys that didn’t work twice for our room door. She didn’t tell us about the complimentary breakfast. So we missed that each day as we found About on the last day. The shower fixture was stuck in the off position. And the place seemed incredibly run down.

There was a very friendly staff member who was polite and greeted my partner and I each time he was there. Prompt service from hotel staff about the shower fixture being stuck.

Room smelled so strongly of cigarette smoke my clothes still smelled like an ashtray when I got home. The front desk was very unhelpful when trying to figure out where to catch the shuttle from the airport and then did not answer the phone for over an hour after my initial call. I could hear everything going on in the room next to me including some nighttime activities that were nothing short of disturbing until 2 am. I could barely make out the image on the TV screen. The bathroom was moldy and unclean. It was a truly aweful experience.

The shuttle driver in the morning was friendly and on time.

There was no hair dryer in the room, which is fine, but it would be nice if there was one.

I like it is very clean and comfort. It is quiet and I feel safe,too (because I travel alone). The staff is very friendly. I also like they provide 24/7 airport shuttle and the driver cares about our time for heading to airport. He always takes off on time.

It wasn't clear where to get the shuttle and when I found the shuttle center the driver asked me which motel 6 in elk grove which was a bit disconcerting at that late hour.

Ease of transport to and from airport

I sent two emails through booking.com since the property says they preferred emails to reserve the shuttle. Neither was answered, and I still had to call from the airport, where they told me they did not know I was coming in. Now that I know the shuttle schedule, I know a thirty to 40 minute wait is the usual> What I really didn't like is that the maid did not remove the used towels from the previous guests. I found them hanging from the door late in the evening. The wi-fi works, but is not the fastest and dropped a couple of times.

Nice big bed and room size.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Although there were two bars of soap, there was no other amenities such as shampoo or hair dryer. Also, the tv was ancient and the cable very limited.

Free airport shuttle service.

They have a shuttle service for the airport but did not tell me where/what time I could catch the car at the airport. Although I phoned the hotel to ask about it, the operator was not really helpful at all. Therefore I had to use a regular taxi and spend unnecessary cost.

The bed was unexpectedly a king size.

Friendlier staff.

Not much. I was told that there was a free shuttle to Ohare airport. With free parking while I was on my trip. When I checked in I was informed that was stopped., and it would cost me $10 a day for parking. The persons behind the counter was rude to me and pretty much told me that I was stupid for not knowing this. I travel a lot, and rest assured I will never stay at a Motel 6 again.

I didn't like the fact the room didn't have access to an microwave and fridge.

The friendly staff as well as the bed being soooo comfortable plus the shuttle the most

Over an hour to before the shuttle showed up at the airport, wrong room type, air conditioner broken and not working at all, woman at front desk had very limited customer service skills.

I travel almost every other week and this may be the worst hotel in terms of the hotel itself and the customer service provided. Bad shuttle, Bad room, Bad service, don't waist your time or money!

everything in this motel looks old. the sheet is not confortable.

convenient for flight transfer, free shuttle bus to airport, friendly staff. good price. everything in this motel looks old.

I would hear the toilet randomly start to fill the tank every once in a while. The shower head was also a bit short. (Though I am fairly tall) And being close to the airport you could hear the Jets sometimes but that's to be expected. The bathroom was also a bit small.

The bed was pretty decent and having a free airport shuttle is nice.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Its kind difficult to arrange the pick up from the airport, although not impossible. The shuttle chauffeurs are not very sociable, and the installations are not well kept. It is not as close to the airport as I thought.

We booked the 6AM shuttle bus, but we were only thirty seconds late, they would't wait at all after we explained that we will be there within one minute.

close to they airport, we only stayed there because we had an early flight to catch on. 20USD Uber drive to the airport

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Lousy location, but there's a Subway, Dunkin Donuts and Burger King within a 5 minute walk. No fridge in room, but thanks for the milk ;)

I stayed here for a week, and loved it! Very clean, quiet room with no issues. Free reliable wifi. 24 hour free airport shuttle on demand. Customer-focused staff.

Customer service offered by one employee st the front desk & also the shuttle driver THREW my luggages in the trunk

Room was spacious & clean. Bathroom was clean too.

It smelled terribly like urine in the room. We just used the motel for a layover, but there is nothing in the area.

The free airport transportation was awesome and the staff was super nice and helpful.

Booking.Com cost me 45$ at this hotel. On the bottom of the hotel information it clearly states No Airport Shuttle. we therefore spent 45$ on a taxi only to draw up and find an airport shuttle outide. We used the shuttle to return to the airport FREE OF CHARGE. Not good Booking.com

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The Wifi was not working both times I was there. Really inconvenient because I was travelling from overseas and didn´t have a phone network in the US. I had to go to the Subway next door to use the wifi.

The staff were very friendly. Clean room and good shuttle service from the airport. It´s about 25 minutes.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

It's not a big deal but it would have been nice if they had a little convenience store or restaurant there.

They didn't have the most amazing mattress but it wasn't bad at all. I still slept super comfortably and it was clean. Everything else was perfect they even let us use the employee microwave.

The room has no coffee machine, no slipper, no shampoo. There are few charging sockets in the room.

The Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare's location is very close to the airport. The price is low, room is clean, large and bright. The most important thing is hotel has a free shuttle service to the airport.

Nothing. It was OK.

All the charm and facilities you might expect from a relatively cheap motel. It was very near the airport and they could supply transport to the hotel. It's an airport motel....that's what you get.

The staff, the airport shuttle and the price. We where also able to walk (with no crosswalks) to the local Dunkin Donuts and get some breakfast. We had to return a rental car and there was no problem taking the shuttle back from the airport.

Everything was disgusting although I expected nothing. I always enjoy cheap motels and airbnbs understand their circumstances caused by the unique environment but it was beyond that. I still remember that smell and the feelings of the moist bed sheets. I won't talk about the service. I cannot find where to begin with.

Nothing, nothing was good, really. One thing that I am glad that I won't go there again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Anything would've been an improvement. The beds were hard, the whole building reeked of weed and lemon room spray, the floors (carpet) were sticky, the walls were moldy, the bathroom was horrid (I've been in cleaner outhouses) the whole place was so nasty, it was a nightmare. It was so bad, I felt like a lousy parent for letting my kids stay the night, but after 18 hours in a truck, and nothing else available within 50 miles, we were trapped.

The shuttle service was terrible. I tried to book it in advance, but they didn't reply any of my emails. Once I got to the airport, I called them, but they haven't showed up, so I needed to get a taxi. On my way back to the airport, the shuttle was also 30min late. The night receptionist was very rude. The bed sheet was not very clean. I found some hair in it.

It was quiet, so I had a good night sleep. Big room.

the shower could be better. It was hard to use and quite awkward.

good price-quality ration; they have a free shuttle to the airport every 30 minutes; it's very quiet and easy to have a good sleep.

noise and virations all the night from outside. ridiculous curtain... so wake up at sunrise. shuttle bus unreliable. had to call it 3 times. also other customers said it was late.

nothing. to me bad experience here

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very dirty carpet. Not good for people with asthma or respiratory problems. Poor internet Long waiting for the check in at the night shift (around midnight-waited for the receptionist to come for about 20 minutes) No left luggage possibility

Very good amenities (self laundry, fitness room, free coffe and tea in the morning, ice machine, vending machine) Good shuttle service (although the driver left without picking us up at check out, so we had to wait for the following one in half an hour) Good and spacious parking Food available in short distance

Key card didn't work for either room so had to continually go to front desk. They would reset key but still didn't work. Staff had to come up and they too had issues even with master key.

It was clean, staff very friendly

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The shower or hose was leaking and spraying water in all directions, we had to wrap a plastic bag around the joint. There was some noise outside or in the corridor at times. Probably nothing extraordinary for an airport hotel, but it didn't mix well with the jet lag. It seems like cards to access the room had to be rewritten each day.

The location is good for an easy airport access, plenty of parking is available and there is a shuttle to the airport more or less every 30 min. Definitely good value for money in the area.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

We really enjoyed staying at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village O'Hare The staff were very nice The room was very nice and clean the bed was very nice and comfortable and the Motel 6 Elk Grove Village O'Hare provided great free transportation shuttle to the airport! I reccommend this Motel 6 to all my friends and family! Thank you for a job well done!

Good value for the price. It's perfect if you want to stay near to the O'Hare airport. You can spend one or two nights here. Surprisingly quiet considering the proximity of the airport. There's a bus stop, you can catch a bus to go to Rosemont station to take the Blue Line train to the Loop and downtown Chicago (downtown is cca. 90 minutes). They also offer a free shuttle to the airport, but you have to sign up in advance.

Shuttle information is very frustrating to find. It's also tiny so you need to get your name on the list as soon as you arrive.

Free WiFi was good. Staff were friendly. Room was big and comfortable. Lots of pillows. Price is amazing!

Some of our lights didn't work and the tv didn't work at first. It fixed itself but the lights were weird.

It was a nice room. Simple and just what we needed for the night. Also liked the set up with the airport shuttle.

the property wasn't clean when we arrived, also the second room we received after moving out of the first had a lot of flies to a point where we had problem having a glass of wine or speaking to each other. it was horrible

the staff

More than half of the power outlets in my room did not work, Also, only 2 light bulbs worked out of 6 lights. I explained this to someone at the front desk, but nothing was done about it during the 5 days I was there.

The front desk person on duty was so rudd. He should never be allowed to work at a front desk of a hotel. The lobby and corridors was so unorganized and floor was dirty. On the booking.com web site it states that this propery is 2.7 mile away from the ORD airport. It is not true. It is in fact 4.7 mile away from the arrival terminal. It takes 20 minute to go to hotel, not 11 min.as indicated on the web site.