Reviews of Motel 6 Boston West - Framingham 2 stars

1668 Worcester Road, Framingham, MA 01702, USA

#5 of 7 hotels in Framingham

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Price was main factor for choosing this property.

Had to have staff clean mold off walls which appeared to be result of a food spill. Staff did respond immediately.

Price was main factor for choosing this property.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Hotel gave our room away

Our room had been given away. We were assigned 3 different rooms and each one had someone in them already. It was 12:30am and we were tired.

The front desk attendant, Jaylisia did her best to help us get checked into a room that night.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Good Place to stay for this part of Massachusetts
    • Queen Room with Roll in Shower

Tub was made so as not to be able to take a bath comfortably

Close to everything, Plenty of Hot Water for the Shower, Clean Rooms, Comfortable Bed. Very accommodating Staff.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Good price to stay in this section of Massachusetts
    • Standard King Room

How the tub was built, couldn't take a comfortable bath

Clean room, close to everything, very accommodating staff, comfortable bed,plenty of hot water

It was easily accessible to the main highway
    • Standard King Room

The only thing I didn’t like was that most of the staff could not understand English, especially when I tried to tell them that there was a syringe we found by the bottom of the toilet upon check in.

It was easily accessible to the main highway

Clean rooms, friendly staff, plenty of space for 4 people.

The bathroom was really small. Also, there are no crosswalks to cross a busy street. But that doesn't have to do with the hotel, just the location

Clean rooms, friendly staff, plenty of space for 4 people. Very basic but it's worth the price for8 a motel.

This was a no frills motel, but good enough for one night.
    • Standard King Room

I was missing some of the amenities that I have seen at other hotels. There was no hair dryer or alarm clock. The water in the sink took a little nit to warm up, and we had trouble figuring out how to get water pressure in the shower.

We were attending a conference at another venue, and the Motel 6 was conveniently located on the highway. There was a Dunkin Donuts within walking distance next door. The staff was friendly, prompt with check-in, and the guest room was clean.

Clean and Economical

Bathroom was tiny. Open bathroom door just a few inches from toilet.

Arrived late in the evening and left at 7 am. Convenient and 1/3 the cost of the hotel on the other side of the highway.

• Standard King Room

Very little privacy in the room a lot of traffic in the hall and it sounded like it would all come in right hand and you could hear every conversation that needs some soundproofing

Fact that you would accommodate my Pet was really nice. we were hundreds of miles from home and exhausted so it would nice to be able to find a place with the dog who is the perfect perfect Pet.

It was an efficient accommodation that served our purpose to attend a Harvard Law School graduation.

A box of facial tissues in the room would have been nice.

Size and cleanliness of room. Also, we left a cell phone charger in the room. We called and the manager Craig Dilley said it had been found and would mail it right back, WHICH HE DID!!!! If nothing else, his action led to this positive response and he should be commended.

Overall the motel is good
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

The motel doesn't have restaurants, bars, and even tea as I like. it only offers free coffee which I don't like. The price a bit was a high. I would recommend best price would be at $65 per night. Wifi for customer who paid should be free.

Bed is more comfort, enough space, bathroom very clean. And more accessibility for persons with disabilities. And friendly of your workers. Large set of information about the state and its history is really helpful.

It was perfect for an inexpensive overnight stay on the way...
    • Standard King Room

It was perfect for an inexpensive overnight stay on the way to an early flight from Logan. Didn’t need anything fancy just a clean comfy place to stay. Convenient to Dunkin and a restaurant. Not very romantic and a view of route 9!

just ok

the room was not very clean the bed not that comfortable and there was no shampoo. very rare any hotel room these days does not have at least shampoo. Also very poor water pressure.

The staff were very friendly the room was fairly spacious.

When I booked the hotel I had asked for a non smoking room...

When I booked the hotel I had asked for a non smoking room on the first floor since I was travelling with a baby. When I arrived we were put on the fourth floor (smoking floor) in a non smoking room. The room still had an overpowering smell of smoke and air freshener. Initially, the front desk said they had no other rooms available and they might be able to switch our room in the morning (at this point I had paid for my four night stay already). After some complaining, they were able to “find” a non smoking room on the first floor. It would have be nice if someone on staff was able to help move all of our gear (since we had a baby) from floor four to one. Sabrina at the front desk was very helpful and apologetic about the mistake on the part of the hotel, she basically saved this review from being a horrible one. She was extremely professional. The new room was spacious, fresh, and clean. Although I expected the accommodations to be very basic, it would have been nice to have larger bath towels (they are perfect for a infant) and maybe a complimentary shampoo/conditioner as I’ve had in other hotels of the same caliber. All things considered, the room, hotel staff and overall experience were definitely positive ones and I would stay there again.

Great short stay for the money
    • Standard King Room

the rooms echo'd less furniture and no carpet I could here everything from the surrounding rooms and the common areas smelled like marijuana

cleanliness of the room and building

You can't shine shinnola !
    • Standard King Room

Room stunk of bleach in an attempt to mask the smell of smoke. Smoke detectors were covered in plastic by staff or guests. Pillows smelled of smoke. No clock. No toiletries. They ask if you would like clean sheets every day. No kleenex. Wall sconce over bed for reading didn't work. Window latch broken could not stop draft. Bathroom fan was louder than the street traffic from rte 9. Dunkin Donuts next door was excellent.

The young women at the front desk during check in was very pleasant. Nice smile and well spoken.

Okay for the price if you don't mind the smell of smoke.

While we were in a non-smoking room, because there were smoking rooms across the hall, the smell came into our room as well. There was a gap at the bottom of the door well over and inch in height. I could fit my thumb width-wise under the door with room to spare. We continued to get the smell of smoke wafting into our room so I ended up putting a used towel against the bottom of the door to fill the gap. Also, while the sheets and blankets were clearly cleaned, we were given one blanket with 4 or more cigarette burn holes in it. We picked this hotel out of convenience and because the photos showed it'd been updated so I thought we wouldn't have the issues we did with the smoke smell.

The hotel was clearly updates recently and had a nice, clean, modern look to the rooms. Bathroom was clean and updated as well. Front desk staff was very nice and friendly.

great staff and clean room close to alot of places.
    • Standard King Room

trash along the highway when you look out the window

great staff and clean room close to alot of places. got us as close to boston to make it a good ride and the fact of smoking rooms is great better than standing on the corner or the street quite through out the night time

I liked the front desk lady that was so nice to us.
    • Standard King Room

The floors were a little dirty,but it didn't bother me to much, I have a dog. So it wasn't a big deal. I would also recommend putting more outlets in the rooms

I liked the front desk lady that was so nice to us. She said I could bring my dog, moved us to a smoking room when one was available. Very friendly

Liked that they had HBO and the best channels.
    • Standard King Room

No refrigerator or microwave and the heater didn’t work properly so the room was a little cold.

Liked that they had HBO and the best channels. Outlets on both side of the bed with two night stands so we could both charge our phones. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Bed was comfortable. LOTS of room in the room. And a table with two chairs.

Clean and inexpensive, but not soundproof.
    • Standard King Room

Elevator was broken and the walls are like paper. So the loud person who was talking until midnight next door kept me up when I was trying to sleep.

The bed was comfy, the room clean. Staff nice.

It was literally just a place for me to sleep for a night. Typical motel. Nothing fancy.
    • Standard King Room

Bare minimum accommodations. Only a bar of soap, towels (didn’t smell very clean), and cups/ice bucket. You need to have everything else you could possibly need to feel fresh and clean. The staff seem miserable working there.

Bed was comfortable and it’s next to a gas station and Dunkin Donuts.

The stay was good but those changes would have made it excellent.
    • Standard King Room

You could have had a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker and clock in the room. Couldn't heat up leftovers or even hot water for tea. Could have better water flow in the shower. The toilet seat was loose.

The room was clean. Service was excellent.

Room was bigger than I needed.
    • Standard King Room

No where to park. Even when a spot was requested, the only options presented to me were handicapped spots or other areas where I “might get towed”. Not something worth dealing with again. A hotel should have ample parking.

Room was bigger than I needed.

If you want to save money and stay outside of Boston, this is an adaquate location.
    • Standard King Room

The water pressure was terrible and the parking was a joke. There was hardly enough parking for everyone, and there were one or two tour buses taking up about 8 parking spots every night. So, we had to park in an adjacent parking lot and pray not to get a ticket. Ridiculous.

The staff was pleasant enough, and it was a great location outside of Boston for our trip.

Will not stay here again

No amenities. Was very noisy. All wood floors. You could hear everything. Seeing as how we traveled with small children there was no way for us to bring food with us to hold over. No fridge at the least or microwave. Would have been happy with a fridge. Even though it’s there every morning the complementary coffee looked like an afterthought and the staff was either not present or not always helpful. Also all the ac heat units need to be looked at it was either to hot or to cold and the fan kept the room humid. Parking was horrible cars from the highway could just hit you there was no barricade and the ran out of parking one nite

Price

Room was clean and modern, seemed recently renovated.
    • Standard King Room

Rooms did not have shampoo, and when I asked the employee at the front desk she told me that they did not have shampoo there. I asked if there was somewhere that I could buy shampoo and she directed me to the nearest CVS. The next day I noticed that the vending machine on the first floor sold shampoo and conditioner. As I was coming to the hotel from a long day of driving I would have appreciated it if the employee had told me that I could buy the shampoo just steps away at the vending machine there instead of having to get back in the car and drive to CVS. I also think it would have been nice to have shampoo in the room, the only other places I have stayed that do not give you shampoo were $7 hostels in South America.

Room was clean and modern, seemed recently renovated. Location was right on the main road which was convenient, but also not convenient as route 9 has a barrier in the middle and you have to go past the hotel to turn around or change directions.

Overall good but a few extras will make me a repeat customer.

There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room, no complementary breakfast, just coffee for a few hours and you have to pay for WiFi. I also did not like the smell in the hallways with pets being in the building.

Overall cleanliness was good and the staff was courteous and helpful.

It was clean and affordable and check out time was late 12...

Towel could have been bigger. Maybe not so IKEA looking

It was clean and affordable and check out time was late 12 noon gave you time to sleep if you arrived late. Best water pressure I had at any place I said stayed in the past 6 days

Price is reasonable, no refrigerator, no microwave

Hotel is on top of a heavily traveled highway, attached to a gas station! And ugly views, window curtains must be closed since your room can be seen by all that are in parking lot...

Price, clean rooms

May encounter sketchiness!

Woman passed out drunk in front of the 4th floor elevator late at night; blocked the entrance to the laundry facilities.

Staff was competent if not entirely friendly. Room was very clean, neat and orderly.

No frill clean option at a decent price to get into Boston in the morning.

Phone didn't work. A bit loud with a dog in the hall and kids running around upstairs.

Clean simple room just off the main roads. Cheapest option we found to go to Boston in the morning for an appt. News see comfortable.

Would not come back.
    • Standard King Room

One of the rooms smelled like smoke. Bathroom needs updating. The staff did not seem to care we left an item that was sentimental to us when we called. Was not happy about that.

To expensive and no breakfast like they said!

But it does not have breakfast this is horrible, because the price paid was relatively high, They offer a neat coffee e and it looks more like colorful water, horrible 😔

The attendance and the education of the workers were good!

Cleanliness of the room and the beds were comfortable.

No breakfast, no microwave or fridge in the room and having to pay for WiFi , all of which are included at other places and their room prices are comparable and sometimes cheaper. At least the free coffee should be provided throughout the day.

Cleanliness of the room and the beds were comfortable.

Great value for a great price

No microwave or small fridge. No breakfast but had coffee.

very clean, friendly motel for a great price. Beds were comfortable. Easy highway access. Staff very helpful.

Not luxury and good room won't drain your bank account.
    • Standard King Room

The sheets had hair in them like they were not washed or maybe the hair simply got stuck .requested clean sheets and the staff gave us clean sheets.

Price, clean and big room.Close to Natick Mall and restaurants.

Price was decent
    • Standard King Room

Smell of marijuana was very strong on the 4th floor where we stayed. I actually checked out a night early and was greeted by a drunk or high elderly man

Price was decent

Great value close to Boston

Just a few feet off very busy divided highway. Leaving and returning to hotel may require traveling a ways up the road and completing some u turns.

Great value for location 30 minutes drive to heart of Boston, 15 minutes to Riverside T Stop. Clean, simple, recently updated, no frills.

Your staff needs to be retrained & housekeeping needs to do a better job

The towels in my room were rolled up wet. We couldnt use them. room was 223.

I asked for military discount she said yes they have it but it wasnt put on my bill. I had my daughters id and showed it to her and she asked if my daughter was staying with me.

Terrible Experience....

We arrived at the Hotel around midnight. The clerk was rude, had a bad attitude and not very friendly. There was no where to park the rental car at the hotel, we were told by the clerk to park at the Chinese restaurant about 1000 yards from the hotel. She was not helpful at all. We got checked in. The room was very dated and not clean. We just needed a place to rest for the night. The next ,morning we checked out as soon as possible. We asked for an iron the morning clerk stated they were out and there was nothing she could do about that. I will never stay at another Motel 6 ever....

I didn't have to sleep at the Airport.

Clean, no frills stay for a reasonable price.
    • Standard King Room

The bed was so uncomfortable. The towels were tiny and rough. The hall smelled like marijuana. The air conditioner didn't work very well. The shower had no water pressure.

The room was really clean. There is a fee for internet, but the worker gave us one free code. The staff was very friendly. The room was clearly recently renovated, with hardwood floors.

Very convenient. Easy to find.
    • Standard King Room

The mattress was very firm. Uncomfortably so. The wood floors were nice looking but slippery coming out of the shower. Not enough parking spaces was an issue. There were none when we arrived after midnight and the desk clerk allowed us to park in a handicapped space. Rooms are nice and clean, but very no-frills and basic. No art on the walls and there is soap, but no shampoo.

The hotel was remodeled since my last stay in 2014. Looked fresher. Convenient to Mass Pike and nestled between a Dunkin' Donuts and a gas station. Not a bad drive from Downtown Boston if you don't want to pay Downtown Boston hotel prices.

Motel 6 overnight stay
    • Standard King Room

Found a couple of stray hairs in the bathroom which I didn't like. Found the towels a bit on the rough side. Bed sagged towards the middle and was uncomfortable, the end result being I didn't sleep too well.

We were given a friendly welcome on arrival and allocated a room. We asked about ordering food in as we were quite late to arrive and Indy fancy going out and the receptionist provided us with a couple of recommendations which was really helpful. Hotel room was basic but had a bed, tv and a bath with some toiletries.

You pay for the Wifi service.
    • Standard King Room

Coffee is served in limited time. Was not good

You pay for the Wifi service. The basics wifi which cost $22.9 is very poor so you have to choose the best wifi which cost 4.99$. Wifi service should be included within the room!

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Motel 6 Framingham

Need to have a Do not Disturb sign for the rooms.

Front desk staff was great. Free coffee each morning was good. They upgraded our room after I complained about a barking dog. Parking was tight. No public transportation nearby. Had to depend on car to get anywhere.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Best bang for your buck!
    • Standard King Room

No cons - bare bones is what you pay for -all good

staff pleasant! - room clean! - if you want a nice clean place to sleep without any extras , this is it! great price ! Luxury hotels (with a big price tag) in the area if you want all the bells and whistles but since we only needed a place to sleep this was perfect - grocery stores, fast food places, good restaurants all within minutes!!

The location was very clean!
    • Standard King Room

The sheets on the bed were a little uncomfortable and the towels could use an upgrade, but that's just me being picky!

The location was very clean! The room was so huge and quiet. With only a 30 min drive to downtown Boston, the location and value was awesome.

The interior had obviously been recently renovated
    • Standard King Room

For no reason at all the price I agreed to on Booking.com changed when I came to pay at the desk on arrival. I was very annoyed because the wifi wasn't free and if I had known the full price I would not have booked to stay there and would have stayed at a competitor nearby. There was no point arguing with the desk staff because they just go by what their computer tells them.

The interior had obviously been recently renovated

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Really liked the hardwood floors!
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

When I was looking at the amenities, the description of my room mentioned that all rooms came with a microwave, coffee pot, etc. I was really looking forward to a cup of tea that night and a cup of coffee in the morning. This is my only complaint.

Really liked the hardwood floors! Feels much cleaner than the typical carpeting in most hotel/motel rooms.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Clean, reasonably priced and easy accecc
    • Standard King Room

I just landed in Boston from a long haul overseas flight. I drove to facility, checked in, went to bed. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the receptionist was helpful and courteous. Took nite if nothing else

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

The room was spacious.
    • Standard King Room

I didnt like how I was rudely awoken by people yelling next door. There wasn't enough towels for the shower I mean it was me and my partner and we only got one towel big enough to dry ourselfs.

The room was spacious. It wasnt as cold as i thought it will be.

OK for a Quick Stay.

The front staff was not very welcoming, and treated us like criminals, requiring each member of our party (even our kids) to show ID. Then they tried to charge me more than Booking.com booked the rooms for and took them 20 minutes to correct the error. The room, although clean was not very well appointed (i.e. no shampoo, no hair dryer, no ironing board, no coffee maker). I've stayed in "budget" motels before but at least they give you shampoo! The sheets were old and "pilled" (i.e. little nubs all over them). The rooms were noisy (not very sound proofed), with people coming and going, slamming doors at 3:00 in the morning and a maintenance man doing work right next to our room at 7:00 a.m.

The location was convenient. The rooms were clean. Dunkin' Donuts is right next door.

Horrible service

The staff to be friendly and stop addressing visitor like they are doing them a favour. I should be buying internet service whilst am at the hotel is absurd

nice beds, fridge, and microwave

Very impressive for a motel 6
    • Standard King Room

The beds was a little on the discomfort side for me, I was on the 3rd floor and the people above did not walk softly (Not hotel fault) the parking can use some improvement

Everything was great couldn't really ask for a better hotel for the price if I'm ever back in town most definitely will stay again

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

You get what you pay for.

Located on a highway. Can't walk anywhere. If you take your car make sure you know where you're going. If you exit the hotel and turn right twice you'll end up on a highway without ann exit for the next 10 miles. Coffee is not good but that's no surprise. Shower needs to be changed. A rug would be nice.

Staff was great. Price is good.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Very inexpensive, but really not worth the money.

The entire facility reeked of cigarette smoke, even the "non-smoking" room I requested. It was really pretty bad. Also, the $2.99 "basic" WIFI simply didn't work at all; I was able to 'connect' with the pass code I was given, but the throughput was throttled so severely that nothing useful could be done, even just reading email. Frankly, it was pathetic! In this day and age when WIFI access is ubiquitous, having to pay extra for WIFI access these days is simply not acceptable, and having to pay for dysfunctional WIFI is far worse. I assure you that I will never stay in a Motel 6 again.

The price was right, no question, especially for the Greater Boston area. The room was basically clean, although there wasn't even a sink in the bathroom! The towels probably dated from the Second World War, and was so thread-bare as to not really be useful In addition, for whatever reason, they didn't seem to think that providing an alarm clock was important, and there wasn't even a any kind of comfortable chair to sit in in the room. Ridiculous!

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Surprisingly clean and comfy for the price
    • Standard King Room

Only big negatives that I have to comment on is the Brillo pad feeling towels, and the advertising a king room even though it was only a full size bed.

Friendly staff, clean looking and smelling room (including air vents), A/C unit worked well, larger then normal TV with HBO channels.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Convenient location,congenial staff,good rate

Lack of refrigerator/microwave inform having coffee in room or ability to purchase continental breakfast. Having to travel distance for same having comfortable seating.

Most staff pleasant, good rate convenient

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Lousy
    • Standard King Room

Bed was not comfortable. No coffee in lobby or room. Had to check out at 4 A.M. To caught flight coffee would have been nice .. Husband uses breathing machine and our room was next to steam room and the filter on the machine was gray when he set it up the next night. Is was a new filter before we left how.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Good value for an "under $100/night" room in the Framingham area.
    • Queen Room with Roll in Shower

No valet parking; no one to help bring suitcase into hotel; was raining. Room was near entrance and ice machine, thus a little noisy. Also, my visitor's vehicle was "dinged" by the car parked next to it.

Room was on the first floor.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Stay was comfortable and will stay here with pet when visiting son at college again

some of my towels had holes in them they were so thin, also scratchy water pressure VERY low!

I liked the fact that even though you are right along the highway I did not hear them when in my room. Beds very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Comfortable bed.
    • Standard King Room

Not keen on the sink being outside the bathroom.

Comfortable bed. Location was useful for getting to the airport.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

It was good average place.
    • Queen Room with Mini Fridge

It was good average place. Looks like it has just recently been remodeled.

Great location to Mass Turnpike and local highways.
    • Standard King Room

Younger guests out back at all hours at night. Loud and disruptive.

Staff was accommodating and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The ac took all night to cool off the room.
    • Standard King Room

The ac took all night to cool off the room. The window didn’t lock so the noise from the road was louder than should be.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

A pleasant experience. Will visit again

Paying $2.25 for a bottle of water

The clean fresh smell of of the lobby was a welcoming start.

Horrible

Linens were burned and place smelled smoky!

Will never stay there again.
    • Standard King Room

The hotel was not notified of our booking thru booking.
    • Standard King Room

The hotel was not notified of our booking thru booking.com

Good location outside of Boston
    • Standard King Room

Good located, friendly staff, washing maschine available. Stay was Overall good.

Customer service

Customer service Cleanliness

Very easy to get to.
    • Standard King Room

Very easy to get to. Staff is always good

Everything was very good, will stay again, thanks.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Everything was very good, will stay again, thanks.

Don't waste your money or time at this place.

Mattress, smell from smoking and no air flow

Size of rooms