Reviews of Motel 6 Flagstaff - Butler Avenue 3 stars

2010 East Butler Avenue, Flagstaff, AZ 86004, USA

#39 of 63 hotels in Flagstaff

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Would not recommend for those looking for scenic views or hoping to walk to other destinations.

Soooooo clean! Near multiple hotels, restaurants, grocery stores. Great as a quick stop on a long drive.

• Standard Queen Room

It was VERY orange inside the room.

Clean, recently updated. It was like a Japanese college student's dorm room if advertised in an Ikea magazine... But highlighted in bright orange and red. It was interesting visually, to say the least.

There's nothing negative.

The room is very clean and updated. Justeen, at the front desk was very nice and respectful. She had a friendly face. This is my 4th time staying here at this location. It's quiet. I am a loyal Motel 6 customer whenever I travel.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisey at ground level second floor would be much better. No tissue, shampoo, etc. and small bath towels. Room was very basic and noises from room above was disturbing. Surface in the shower very slippery and nothing to grab for support. No ledge in shower so shampoo, conditioner difficult to access.

Good TV and convienent location.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The swimming pool closes at 9pm and the gate is locked. I enjoy a late night swim and that was mot possible.

Even though it is close to the highway everything is within a short driving distance downtown,restaurants, convenient stores and much more.

• Standard Queen Room

I didn't like the room location.

The room was cold and the heat was disabled. I had asked for a room away from traffic and my room was about 20 feet from a street that became very busy at about 7 am.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms seem have been modernised and I quite like that. Made them very comfortable and of all the motels I stayed in on this trip (3 more), it was by far the best. I also liked the fact that the room was ground floor. I had one huge heavy bag that needed to be in room and some of the motels I stayed in saw me lugging it up a flight of stairs.

• Standard Queen Room

Could use a mattress change.

Traveling from winter to summer home. I like the hard-surface floors (no disgusting carpet), I asked for extra pillows, they were at my door in seconds. So easy on/off interstate, close Subway. No extra charge for pet.......

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

To me overpriced as we spent 18 nights on the road travelling over several states. Internet very poor and intermittent, utilised MacDonalds

There was not much to like but had pre booked on internet so had no choice but to stay there. The is no facilities in the room for Coffee or Tea and the rooms are noisy.

• Standard Queen Room

As there is no in room fridge/coffee making facilities, they do offer complimentary morning coffee in the reception area.

Great value for money. Room was warm, clean and comfortable. Laundry on site. Walk to restaurants nearby. Handy stop over on our way to Grand Canyon.

• Queen Room with Disability Access

The room I reserved was not the room I got for my romantic getaway with my spouse. Rather ended up in a double room two bed where we slept in seperat beds and I slept with the dog. Plus the beds were hard and we both had a hard time sleeping for two days after that. No thanks motel 6.

I liked leaving.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

It's 2018, you still have to pay for a wifi connection, or to have a fridge in your room unfortunately. We woke up with a leak coming from the ceiling, which didn't seem to bother the receptionnist much.

The bed was comfortable, but that's pretty much everything that the motel offers.

• Standard Queen Room

The bed was definitely not comfortable. This was a night when I wished I brought my own pillows. The hot water in the shower was non-existent and the hair dryer did not work.

The room was clean. The staff was also helpful and friendly.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Thin walls. Smoking rooms near non smoking ew. Free coffee was meh. Have to pay for wifi.

Pets stay free. Great staff. Fine for a night, close to freeway. Subway next door for 7am breakfast. Pretty quiet.

• Queen Room with Disability Access

The room smelt cigarette smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. The bed linens were not changed in spite of us requesting it to be done.

The location was centrally located to go to Grand Canyon south rim, Sedona and Verde Valley areas. The beds were comfortable and room spacious for a couple. Wifi was very good. Too bad for the negative comments. Otherwise we would have a good stay.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were told the room would have a microwave and fridge but it had neither. There were stains in the tub and on the bathroom wall.

Good location. Room was mostly clean. TV worked great. Good value.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Slight stain on the top sheet on bed. Not a massive issue just abit of abit of a put off, but I understand as a budget motel the linen unless very stained is probably washed and aslong as it’s clean it’s kept. I’m sure a hotel with higher standards would be able to throw it out due to charging more for their rooms. We did have 2 beds however and there was no stains on the other one so just bad luck I guess. I think it’s just a motel thing but I did miss having a quilt. Bedding was a blanket and sheets.

Friendly staff. Fit the purpose, 1 night needed for rest on a drive from LA to Grand Canyon then Phoenix. Bathroom clean. Ok room no hairdryer or kettle but it doesn’t advertise as having that so it’s not a downpoint but if you need it then perhaps it’s not for you. Soap (only) provided. Lots of parking available. Right next to subway for food also some other fast food places. Overall not bad we had 4 of us in the room so price was ok to spilt between us. Not a massive amount of space, but fine for us.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

This stay was a fantastic deal. The beds were comfortable, the room was simple but clean. It's great to find such a comfortable place to stay while traveling with my two dogs. The front desk staff was also very kind and helpful. About 1.5 miles from historic flagstaff's good restaurants as well.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were not clean as for what we pay. Would re train staff and use better chemicals to clean rooms to disinfect rather than use that cheap fablo brand . Look up the BRADY Company whom have a business right behind the motel.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location of room next to stairwell. Guests coming and going past our room all night kept us up.

The fresh updated rooms are great. Comfy beds, lots of TV channels and easy laundry facilities.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The receptionist did not speak English well, so we had troubles understanding what she wanted. The room was cold, and the heating function of the air conditioning was not the best, resulting in a cold room for the whole night.

It was okay for a last-minute stay. Compared to the other hotels around it was not too expensive, and also the location was quite good. Although slow, it had free WiFi. The parking lot was also large; we had no troubles parking directly in front of our room.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

A vending machine with forgotten basic supplies would have been helpful. Example--shampoo, toothpaste, mouthwash

Gen mgr Jennifer D went to extra efforts to find a clean roon to allow us to check in a bit early. Our travel plans changed last minute & we had driven over 25 hrs. She was quick & genuinely kind throughout. A gem.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Getting out of the shower was a little difficult. I almost slipped. Not use to the height of the tub in comparison to the floor.

I did like the fact that the floors were not carpet. That was different

• Standard Queen Room

the bed could use replaced but my back is picky I'm having to deal with a sore back but it's ok.

the attiveness of the staff with helping customers

• Standard Queen Room

The train. But it's everywhere in this town. It didn't bother me, but I could see it bothering others. You can't hear it inside though. So that's good.

You're surrounded by the trees and peaks. Great way to wake up each morning. Place is clean. Had a little bit of snow that has stayed.

Booking.com

Booking.com sucks i booked 2 room when i got there they only had one room booked from booking.com thanks to the staff there they were able to fix that and gave me my other room

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nice room, clean and big. Around fast food restaurants, territory have laundry, microwave and vending machines. We traveled from hotel to Grand Canyon.

• Standard Queen Room

If you’re a light sleeper, ask for top floor, the ceilings/floors are very thin. Caution-there are no hair driers in the rooms (I didn’t ask receoption if they had any).

Cheap budget hotel, perfect for stopover.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wheelchair accessible rooms only have 1 bed. No coffee maker or fridge in the room.

Management worked to ensure our whole family was accommodated including wheelchair accessibility. The wheelchair accessible bathroom is top notch. Staff was super nice. Pets allowed! Hotel right next to multiple eating facilities and a gas station.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pillows and matresses were not soft. There were 4 of us, but towels only for 3 persons; staff didn't offered additional towels when we checked in.

• Standard Queen Room

The bed is on the hard side, not comfortable for me. And the room really, really, really needs a fridge. I missed having one a lot.

The rooms have been recently refurbished and are very attractively decorated. I appreciate that they allow pets, even though I didn't bring my dog on this trip. There is a nice, grassy area in which to walk your dog, which is nice.

• Standard Double Room - Disability Access

Nothing not to like.....

So easy to get there - on & off interstate. Walking distance to restaurants. Basic room with all the necessities, good bed, linens, extra pillows, friendly clerks. And - pet friendly. Have stayed in this room 6 months ago, will book again for 4/2018!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was a bit small, had to beds it said queen size mattress but it felt like full size. Bed felt comfy when we went to sleep but I woke up with a stiff back. The door had to be slammed shut or it would keep popping open. There was no shower curtain, and when I asked for one they said that only the maids could bring it. It Never arrived, and we took showers so the floor was wet, used towels to soak up the water. No breakfast and the shampoo and conditioner were in a vending machine.

I like the location of the motel, it was close to the major roads. The pillows were comfy. Gentleman who checked us in was nice. Room was clean and smelled clean. The room price was low. NO BUGS!

• Standard Queen Room

Small room, no wifi only for ridiculous surcharge. Small bed and very minimal comfort in room

Its okish for a one night stay, but there is surely a better place to stay in Flagstaff for this amount of money

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ask for hot water twice, I was given warm water. I was not allowed to pay cash, bath tub does not drain,no shampoo provided, night staff does not take time to take care of needs computer is more important.

Clean rooms

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

No wifi..the front desk gave us codes but also said their WiFi had been not working for almost a year and they’re waiting on corporate to make a decision whether or not to replace the WiFi system. So, even with the codes the WiFi didn’t work. Also no continental breakfast and no toiletries.

Pet friendly, laminate flooring in the room. Nice upgrades, very affordable and close to everything we wanted to be close to. We were even refunded for one night when we decided to leave a day early.

• Standard Queen Room

The room was very small, and the people above us were noisy.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. By mistake we were given a room with one bed, when I had asked for two beds, but the staff rectified the problem immediately. The location was perfect for arrival and departure.

• Standard Queen Room

Rooms were clean and did not smell of any smoke which was a big plus. Wifi showed it was connected on my phone but was not working, ??? Overall the only time we were there was in the evening and the room was fresh and we slept good.

• Standard Queen Room

The parking lot was very full at night, and a little noisy in our room with people coming a going upstairs from our room.

The location was great, easy to travel around Flagstaff from there.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Kind of noisy from the train and a few of the patrons but nothing to worry about. Adjoining highway was a bit heavy on traffic to cross by foot. Too cold to use the pool.

Reasonable accommodations for the overnight stay. Nearby restaurants.

• Queen Room with Disability Access

I'll never stay at a Motel 6 again if they are all like this. The definition of Skeevy motel. Funny smell, dust on the floor, uncomfy bed and the sort of sheets you want to sleep in while still clothed. Hideous orange wall, no coffee machine, no microwave. No character, no comfort. For what we paid it was shocking, but we did stay over Labour Day weekend so I guess that means more $$.

Friendly check-in staff.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The street out front was very busy during rush hour. It was almost impossible to leave at that time. Any other time was ok.

The beds were very good. There was a lot of food places near.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking lot not enough light.

Don't think they had any thing to eat. Got in late got up and left. They were very very nice to hold our room sense we were late getting back from the Grand Canyon.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Paying for wifi? Staff did handle it, but wonder how many others paid for it rather than complain wifi was undependable - guess I should have gone for the 4.99 package thermostat temperature control was unreliable - too hot or too cold noise from the plumbing was unbelievable - could always tell when someone in an adjoining room was taking a shower - pipes started screeching

Staff was very helpful Room was comfortable and clean

• Standard Queen Room

While the room was clean, the street noise was such that a light-sleeper might not sleep well. My room was upper level and faced outward. Price seemed a bit high for a single-person room, given a no-frill, noisy accomodation.

Office staff delightful, even tho they were super busy; friendly, helpful. Clean, updated rooms. Love the noncarpeted room. Location is quick access to Flagstaff dining/shopping.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room bottom floorfacing pool. Sewer drain by my door. Dogs wake early and bark.upstairs very loud. Guest never slept. People talk on cell phone outside door late.

I liked motel 6 because all the same. Staff very friendly. Central location. Clean.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

There really wasn't much wrong but It was end of August beginning of September and the room was a bit cold at night, we would have liked an extra blanket. There was a heater in the room which we could have used and we could have gone to the reception but it was really late and we were in bed when we realized.

This is a really good clean basic place to stay. We are sisters that wanted to meet up in Flagstaff, there's really nice place for breakfast near whole foods and some very nice restaurants. It was great that we could take our dog too

• Queen Room with Disability Access

Your info on the quality and service inadequate

I let the front desk know about the horrible noise coming from the air conditioner as soon as I checked in. It was early enough in the day about 5pm they could have changed my room. It was a 2 night stay and there was no room maintenance. I checked out in person and the employee unable to work the system to give me a tiny discount (20.00) indifferent and unskilled I think Booking.com

All mentioned above

Motel had no amenities besides a bar soap. No hair dryer, no shampoo and conditioner, no coffee, no complimentary water, nada. For the amount we paid, it's not worth it. Beds were very itching very uncomfortable. It essentially is just a roof over your head, shower and sleep in kind of motel.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

No in room alarm clock, shampoo, coffee maker, frig or microwave. Room was freezing & heat would not turn (outside temp 52°). Pool was like ice!!

Beds comfortable, nice tv.

• Standard Double Room - Disability Access

Loud as people come check in even late at night. But it is this type of place you usually come late and leave early

It's motel 6 so you know what it is. Clean, and room was after renovation, and helpful staff

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only stayed one night, and boy was I glad to lay in a bed after being on the train... : )

Staff was great, room was economical and just what we needed to get our vacation started

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The smell of wet dog in the room as we arrived. Disgusting. Noisy property and guests. No airconditioning. Location next to highway.

uhhh.... swimming pool was okay, water freezing cold. Laundry present.

• Standard Queen Room

The bed was not well cleaned,we found some hairs. and the bed was not good to sleep in at all, very hard and you van feel the springs.no fridges in the rooms.

Personnel was friendly, overall the location was ok if you are passing by.

• Queen Room with Disability Access

Booking.com listed our room as a queen bed but when we showed up, we just had a full bed. It was the last available room for the evening and quite late so we dealt with it just fine.

Was on a very long road trip and the biggest thing for me was a hot shower, comfortable bed, and overall cleanliness. For the most part, this place delivered! Bed was smaller than advertised by booking.com and had some noise in the parking lot in the middle of the night but for a place to sleep and rest, it served its purpose well. Very clean! The gentleman at the lobby was friendly and careful to explain details to us.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I paid internet. But the stuff gave me the room cannot get any signal. I told the staff they told me because of storm. But when I at other place. I can got signal.

• Standard Queen Room

Nothing fancy but it was clean, secure and dog friendly. I enjoyed the bathtub and the northern view of the mountains...especially pretty after the rain. The staff was friendly and helpful when I asked about hiking suggestions.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Motel 6 offers the budget traveler a bare bone basics kind of place. The good points are that the room was clean with updated fixtures, flooring bath, etc .and most importantly they accept pets w/o additional over the top expense which was really the biggest selling point for us. If you want creature comforts like the best bedding or hair dryer in your room or...well we never did locate the ice machine, then this hotel isn't your kind of place. Of note, is that the railroad tracks were close by, but coming from a very light sleeper, if you put the air on high for white noise, its' barely discernible. Overall, if you have a pet and are looking for a relatively safe and clean place, no frills, this is your kind of place. Final recommendation, if you are able, bring your own favorite blanket as the sheets are what you would expect in a pet friendly basic hotel environment. Oh and the young guy at the front desk offered excellent customer service.

Housekeeping needs to be mindful to run their dust mop under the bed. Rm 163 under the bed had not been cleaned in awhile.

Actually traveled with my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter. We had 2 rooms reserved and all agreed the beds were very comfortable. The pet area could use some grass it seemed to be all done in gravel and rock; even with that said our dog Bodhi loved going out to walk. It is so Great Motel 6 is so pet friendly. Thanks for a great stay and visit to Flagstaff and the points of interest in the surrounding area.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

No clocks in the rooms, although we're staying at a different Motel 6 tonight and there's no clock here either.

The flooring in the rooms was nice, not carpet. The staff was very friendly.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room is very small and there is no refrigerator. We found hair on a new towel. We called the front desk several times, but nobody picked up. The wifi worked poorly, so they gave the passwords out for free. However, we were unable to connect to wifi at nighttime. Wifi worked better in the morning. No breakfast, only coffee and water. No soap, no shampoo.

The room is reasonably clean. The hotel has a laundry room and there are restaurants nearby.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very cold in room because air conditioner was blasting when it was 40 outside. Sheets were scratchy-poor quality. No shampoo provided or coffee maker- coffee was in lobby. No continental breakfast which is often included elsewhere at this price. And very noisy because our room was alongside the highway

Clean and bright

Wi-fi didn't work.

Very clean, comfortable bed, excellent value. If you need a clean, comfortable place to sleep without any frills, this is an excellent choice.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Temperature was controlled by thermostat on the wall (first problem). could not get cooled off at all. Though the bed and pillows were very comfortable, I just could not sleep well at all.

Bright, colorful, clean rooms. Beds were comfortable

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The towels are very rough. I should've read in the details that there is no hair dryer in the room. The Wi-Fi isn't the strongest.

Clean, comfortable room. Super friendly staff. This location was a little noisy being close to the train tracks and highway, but I turned the fan on which drowned out most of the noise.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was smaller than the pictures made it look and while we only needed to sleep there anything else would have been uncomfortable.

The convenience to the freeway and the friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Property manager was very rude, we were there for a soccer tournament and she made a lot of our teammates family not want to return.Not a good place to stay if you have a family, manager would not allow kids outside even made some ppl get out of the pool.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Standard Queen Room

We stayed for 2 nights and our door key had to be recoded the second day. The same thing happened to another guest staying near our room. So many smokers! Cigarette smoke and butts discarded on the landings, parking lot etc.

Nice room, clean.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Had to wait to check in out side the locked office door ( with people we thought that were employees, staring at us through a window at the end of the vending area. We found out later they were not workers but people in the pool courtyard, a little creepy) The Air conditioning didn't work. Had to pay if we wanted wifi. TV reception kept going in and out. Probably caters to truckers. Between 4 & 6 there were 3 semis "warming up for at least 15 min. each. Did not get much sleep. we could not even get the coffee promised in the morning.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were with a toddler so it was important for us to have a clean place with some facilities. First of all the floor was dirty and we had to wipe the entire floor with a towel, which was black after this operation - imagine our baby did this instead. Facilities are rather poor compared to other similar price places we stayed - there was no (even mini) fridge in the room, microwave was only available in the shared space, far from the room, no free basic wifi, only paid option. If you are unlucky you may get a room on the patio (like ours) which has no parking space adjacent to it (so not good if you have a lot of luggage but to be fair maybe a bit quiter than outside rooms). Generally the place was ok but far from good value for money (it was one of the two worst ones on our 23 day trip yet not the cheapest!). Maybe our mistake was to stay there for two nights - I would not recommend to stay there for more than just to sleep.

The property is ok if your route takes you through Flagstaff. It is in good location for access to the Interstate and nearby supermarket and gas stations. Parking is free and easy to access.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no shampoo in the room. There were problems with connecting to wi-fi.

The room was clean and spacious enough for two persons to stay there for a night.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The air in our room was not working so we had a constant 85 degree heat. Very uncomfortable. Window didnt open. The staff gave us a fan but it only move the hot air around.

The staff did everything to help make the stay enjoyable.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wr couldnt get checked in til 4:45 because we were waiting on a clean room. Noise uo stairs, from parking lot. Funky smell from shower area. Not comfortable in any form. Should have slept in my car.

Checking out.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I asked for adjoining rooms and we were across the path from our daughter and family ---not terrible, but I would have liked adjoining.

Where were the eggs and coffee?---did I miss something?

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

No brwakfasts available (only complimentary coffe and tea). We had a free wifi, but otherwise its supposed to be 3usd per device.

Comfy beds, well maintained rooms. Restaurants and fast foods just across the street. Probably refurbished recently. Great value.

Browse Motel 6 Flagstaff - Butler Avenue traveller photo gallery