Reviews of Motel 6 Nashville - Goodlettsville 2 stars

323 Cartwright Street, Goodlettsville, TN 37072, USA

#8 of 13 hotels in Goodlettsville

Well we checked in, and just really didn’t stay, was a place...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Didn’t like that they didn’t have a fridge or a microwave

Well we checked in, and just really didn’t stay, was a place to basically nap, and shower and get changed. But staff was good as we had frozen food and out our things in their freezer. Nice little place to stay that’s all

Great location, great staff, pleasant quiet stay.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

This is a great location, secluded but convenient to local restaurants and businesses. Only 20 minutes from downtown Nashville. The room and the pool was very clean and in good condition. The staff was extremely nice and courteous. Can't say enough about them. Beyond token courtesy, they were very personable and helpful. I arrived early and the room I had reserved wasn't ready and they cheerfully found a room that was. Overall pleasant, quiet stay.

Could have been better
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had a double bed room but one of the beds had hair from the previous guests. It also had flying ants in the window seal. I reported this to the front desk who was suppose to change the linen and kill the insects but that never happened

A/c worked, shower was nice

Queen bed was a bit broken down on bedside table side, but I...
    • Standard Queen Room

Cleaning people were not friendly at all, but people at front counter were.

Queen bed was a bit broken down on bedside table side, but I slept on far side and it was comfortable for a three night stay.

I would stay again.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking. There wasn't always parking for my room. I had to park around the corner and couldn't see me car.

Everyone on the staff was more than helpful. Our room was clean and stocked.

horrible place
    • Standard Queen Room

I got to the Motel 6 and they wanted to charge me $30 more per night then what I confirmed on Booking.com. then I had booked a queen room and they had no queen rooms available so I had to settle for a double room when I got to the room the door of the bathroom wouldnt close and there was remnants of feces on the toilet . it was 90° in Nashville and the pool was closed for the two days I was there. just a really bad experience

Terrible
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room didn’t have any towels, the phone was broken, and there was no shampoo or conditioner. When I booked the hotel on booking.com it said there was free breakfast and WiFi. I was disappointed when I found out that wasn’t the truth. I paid $85 for one night. This hotel in my opinion is worth $40 a night. Very disappointed and will never stay there again.

Didn’t like it at all

Didn't feel safe and nasty place
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Its a "Drug infested" hotel. There's all kind of drug addicts hanging around the area. Looks like there were some car break-in's. The staff is okay. It's in a dark area. I had a huge problem with my room & had to be moved. Looks like while my family & I were gone someone messed with the lock of the outside door so that they could later break in & try to steal.Therefore, I had them to move us or give us our money back. There's always some random person hanging around the car or in front of other's room. Also in the 1st room there was dried up blood on the sheets & pillow.. If I didn't already give them my money I wouldn't have even stayed. This place honestly needs to be shut down Or under new management!!

Somewhere you can fall asleep, probably fully clothed.
    • Standard Queen Room

Hair everywhere, the premium internet I paid for didn't work and the shower lever was broken.

The price helped, the overall format and look was nice til you got closer. The staff I was greeted by was pleasant, then staff leaving was different story.

Great stay, great hotel. Worth the money.
    • Standard Queen Room

TV was in analog only. Not the best, but it was OK.

I've stayed in many Motel 6s. This one was far superior. Very clean and in very good shape. I found a light bulb out above the sink. Let them know and it it was fixed immediately. Very comfortable bed. Sheets were in excellent shape.

We only stayed to sleep on our way home from our vacation, so it worked for us.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was small, no Kleenex to blow your nose, only one cup left for a family of four. The bathroom had rust on the wall and the tub and toilet had almost like burn marks on them.

They tried for the modern look. Room was clean and beds were clean.

I felt like a crack head staying in that dump !
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Finding a crack pipe on the floor , long blonde hair in bed Letting the receptionist warm your food up cause they were no microwave in laundry area as pictured in ad

Economy and location made this a good fit for our trip.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Burn holes on the bedding and I had a hard time convincing the door to shut appropriately. Carpet could use a good scrubbing.

Location was great and easy to get to. Reception clerk was helpful and polite. TV was big and the lights all worked.

Location is the only good thing.
    • Standard Queen Room

Stayed 3 nights. Housekeeping NEVER entered room after first night. Only picked up towels after second night! Never cleaned etc.

Location is the only good thing.

• Standard Queen Room

I had to paid for a full rate when I reserved it on line and I had a cheaper rate on line but when I went in person I had a different price

It was clean

It was a good price but I think I would have rather spent a little more money and gotten a room with
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The first room smelled like cigarettes had just been smoked in it we had to go back to front desk and get are room changed to a different room and the beds were old and not very comfortable need to be replaced I could not sleep well in them

The beds were old and the room was ok water pressure was low in shower and the bathtub was old and had cigarette burns on the edge of it

Wonderful
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the fact that there was no microwave or refrigerator.other than that everything was good.

Everything was good, enjoyed the time I spent there..

A "you get what you pay for" hotel, but Nashville is great.
    • Standard Queen Room

"You get what you pay for": Coffee, but no even basic breakfast, seems they do not change blankets for each guest, no hairdryer, no fridge etc. ... they charge for Wifi even its mentioned in the lobby included,

20mins drive to Nashville downtown, good price for a hotel around Nashville.

The Manger stated that all complaints will not be handled it will be redirected back to him which
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

No HOT water the whole time I was there and I feel that I should be refunded because the manager told me it will bef fix everytime icome either the Toilet is leaking water, or not heat etc nw no hot water

I enjoyed the room and the friendly staff.
    • Standard Queen Room

The housekeeping could have been better. We had to reuse old towels because our room didn't get cleaned every day.

I enjoyed the room and the friendly staff.

I was very well rested..
    • Standard Queen Room

I was not happy that wi fi was not included in the price..

The bed was extremely comfortable..The room was very clean..They use downy on there linens..I slept like a baby..We arrived early and they let us check in early with no hassle..

Expected and overall quiet
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some ground rooms are inconveniently located for parking and people above you can wake you at 3am moving furniture for an hour.

Staff is very helpful and friendly, rooms are clean and laundry smells really good in the morning!

It served my needs at an affordable price.
    • Standard Queen Room

Great rate, but it would still be nice to have a coffee maker and hair dryer in the room which this room did not. Thin towels. Floor was cleaner when I left after wiping up after my dog than when I got there. Housekeeping could be improved.

Not bad for the price, appeared to have been recently updated. Laminate floor, which was great since I was traveling with a large dog. Bed in this room needs to be replaced, didn't sleep well first night, second night I was so tired it didn't matter! Good location near Nashville but also close to a train track!

Tax was included and $ 12 extra was taken.
    • Standard Queen Room

Tax was included and $ 12 extra was taken.Price should not change.I woke up with concern for noise near I - 65.There is a thing that refrigerator and microwave are in room in same price vs. price. We should shift policy or lower prices.

Have no desire to EVER stay in another Motel 6.
    • Standard Queen Room

We booked 2 rooms. One room's shower had hair and used soap in it. Apparently had NOT been cleaned and no one was available to take of this matter. Only one towel and one washcloth in each room. Of course, went to office and given more.

Actually nothing

Will never stay at this location again
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room appeared to be clean but room smelled like dogs but over looked it because of it looked clean but as I was out I checked under the beds to make sure nothing slide under the bed as we was checking out and noticed a ton of dog hair under the beds and I was pretty crossed out..

I like the price and the location

Very dissapointed!!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our beds felt damp. Our sheets and pillows were damp and had hair on them. The toilet had hair on it. It made me nervous to even sit on the beds because of the dampness. Staff brought us new sheets and pillow cases but it didn't fix the issue. Plus I had to change the sheets out on both beds. Good thing I've been a housekeeper before. Very very disappointed in my stay. It definitely was not worth the money I paid for it. Next time I'll sleep in my vehicle I'll probably be more comfortable!

The staff was very friendly and very nice.

Never again, even if have to stay further out, will I stay at this location
    • Standard Queen Room

There were no wash rags, no coffee pots, no free WiFi, people living in the motel and it seemed as if we were on the side were all the residents gathered all hours of the night, as well as were the housekeeping would throw bags of garbage into parking lot spot until end of the day, there was dirt all over room, black hair all through sheets, mattress cover, got new set to put on myself but they were covered in black hair as well so I got my own bed linens and used them. To the price, should at least offer coffee pots in rooms or Kleenex in rooms or free WiFi... Prices were posted as required by Tennessee law but they said those are old, no one willing to help resolve any issue.

The location was close to my business.

It was relatively cheap so we got what we paid for.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

It could have been cleaner. I should have looked more carefully at the listing. I would have paid more for a place that included breakfast as that is huge time saver.

The location was no more than 45 minutes from all of the historic and entertainment destinations we sought in Nashville.

AWEFUL
    • Standard Queen Room

they tried to make me pay more money for the room. There were no towels in the room....they wouldn't bring me any..... there was a punch of hair on the bathroom floor. The lady that checked me in was very rude. I had my phone plugged in to charge and that goodness I realized that the plug didn't work and found one that did or I would have heard my alarm. Also, at 2 a.m. I was woke up by people who were below me which made for a very long night. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN AND I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE.

nothing at all, very disappointed

The room was clean and the employees were friendly.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms are not sound proof which is fine if others staying at the hotel were considerate of others which they were not. They allow pets at this motel which is very cool but, the guests that bring their pets should not leave them alone and allow them to bark the entire evening. Till they get back from partying.

The room was clean and the employees were friendly. Very busy there due to the fact most people were leaving Florida because of hurricane Irma.

Never again.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool was filthy, so we couldn't use it and this was one of the reasons we picked to stay here. Day staff were rude and flippant. Lots of drunk, drugged residents who appeared to be selling drugs and sex. Definitely not a family safe place to stay. Dirty towels in our room. Began being asked to leave so room could be cleaned at 10:15am. Check out was noon. We had asked to leave later in order to use the pool and visit with family there, and we were told they had to have the rooms ready for turnover, so we were refused. Were told we needed to be out asap. Mind you, no noise from us, or problems. However, we heard a women scream obscenities several times and lots of banging and bumping around, slammed doors etc. Observed someone who may have been a member of the cleaning staff, standing around on his phone and approached my 11yr old daughter and seemed to be filming her while in her bathing suit. Needless to say, we will not be staying there again. I've stayed at many other Motel 6 properties and this was the worst stay I have ever had. We come to visit my husband, who is working on a travel nurse contract, approx once a month and then other times for modeling and acting auditions/gigs. We have stayed in other chains with no problems, all booked through booking.com. This wasn't the site's problem, it was the specific hotel.

Location, allowed pets. Night shift staff was very nice.

Great, would stay here again

No coffee pot in room

The room was clean, the air conditioning worked great, the bed was very comfortable and it was quiet. Did not go swimming, but the pool appeared clean and well maintained.

The perfect facility for eclipse tourism on 8/21/17!
    • Standard Queen Room

Your property listing INCORRECTLY states that the facility has no air conditioning. According to the staff, you have been informed of this repeated times but the listing has still not been corrected. I wouldn't have packed the box fans if I'd known I wasn't going to need them.

Very cordial and helpful staff. Location ideal for our purposes.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Grossed out when I went to bed.
    • Standard Queen Room

Sheets and pillow cases soiled, like they weren't washed. Wifi was not free, and motel charged more than booking.com rated.

Quiet, spacious, clean floors, plenty of towels,

Good value for the money
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed mattress not very supportive. Desk clerk did not provide Wi-Fi access code and had to return to office before going to my room to obtain it.

Easy access from major route. Room was on ground floor and clean and updated.

You get what you pay for wouldn't needed to be said if everything I didn't like was improved.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room was 210. I didn't like that I signed up for a non-smoking room when i made my reservations and ended up in a smoking room. The light in room 210 needed to be fixed over the sink. The pool needs to be attended to more. You can tell that it is not properly cleaned. Also our room key would not work several times and had to be reprogrammed by the staff. The soda vending machine would not take dollars, so I had to fish around for change to get a drink.

The price was excellent for the room. I also like the location and the fact that there was plenty of restaurants and shopping areas in good distance.

7 out of 10
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was loud.and not very clean.asked housekeeping not to bother they did anyway. We signed a waiver and they still knocked

Location Staff .breakfast. they let me take my dog. Pool.

Always try to expect the unexpected
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

poor room conveniences and too cheap renovated amenities.

Per friendly😃😄🤗, clean & renovated, we just don't have what is impt. for a 2 night stay, does not have a microwave, ref. in the room. I could get the best $61.99/night in other hotels in the area, but I was not surfing more, booking.com really truly sucks!!!!

Entering before I could get to the door
    • Standard Queen Room

The fact I was awakened by someone knocking on my door way before check out time then just opened it up on me before I could get to the door very very very unprofessional....

Accommodations were OK staff good until one knocked on my door way before check out and before I could get to the door he opened it. I was very upset !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was still asleep and could have possibly been indisposed.

The stay was was very nice. Rooms were clean and newly remodeled, no carpets floors were lamanet.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no hairdryer in the room. For the money a small frig should be in the rooms.

The staff was friendly. Rooms were clean. Beds were very comfortable. Coffee available in lobby.

Needs work, especially the floor
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The noisy neighbors had kids making noise until late. It needs better curtains that dont let light seep in around the edges. I like that there were hard floors but they were gross. Not sure if they were "sweating" or if what ever they were mopped with left a residue or what but I didn't even want to walk on them, they were gross. They felt wet or something....I think it needs to be checked into. I do NOT think it was the cleaning lady's fault I think its either what it was mopped with or that it sweats from the humidity

As a last option only
    • Standard Queen Room

Daily charge of $5 for wifi, asked not to have housekeeping due to pets and was left a nasty note every day after notifying clerk I did not want housekeeping, no fridge, no coffee in room, no alarm/clock, satellite tv was out more than working, staff was rude.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

I will never stay there again!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirty room, bugs in the room, no shampoo or hair dryer. The toilet, sink and tub were dirty. Noisy with loitering outside my room, felt very unsafe. I will never stay there again. If I could have got my money back I would have left!

Great stay!!!!
    • Standard Queen Room

The only down fall's was no coffee, ironing board or toiletries in the room and the floor was really dirty but we wore our flip flops. Overall these were not deal breakers for the amount of money we paid. We will definitely be back!!!

Me and my husband stayed here for 4 days and had a great stay! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We got a non-smoking room and was very happy that the room didn't smell like smoke. In fact, the room was clean, air conditioner worked, we had hot showers and the bed was comfy. No bed bugs and no other bugs for that matter!! We will definitely be back!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Management is horrible.
    • Standard Queen Room

The manager is not friendly at all. The shower water goes from extremely hot to cold. My room on the ground floor had water sitting in it after a storm. The facility is run down.

It was a cheap hotel.

Best rooms for low price!
    • Standard Queen Room

That there was no alarm clock but the staff happily accomdated by giving a wake up call.

The rooms were the cleanest and some of the nicest I have seen. I loved the hardwood type flooring. Much cleaner than carpet

The room was clean & the beds were comfortable.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were supposed to have a downstairs room because my Mom & I have trouble walking. We were given an upstairs room. There was no hot water. The price was higher than Booking.com quoted.

The room was clean & the beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Big Disappointment In A Place To Stay
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The vent up by the ceiling was almost falling off. Looked like it was only held on by one screw. Had rust marks running down the wall and door in the bathroom. Killed a big bug in the bathroom. Looked like pubes in the tub/shower. Room smelt like the previous occupants had a party. Had to pay for wifi and not just a simple one low fee, had to pay a fee for each device being used...

The bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Great staff! Real people concerned with making your stay a good one!

Free Wi-Fi would be nice

The staff were all very friendly, patient, and accommodating. Actually, I've never stayed at a place where all the staff were so pleasant and helpful. Give them all a raise!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Disappointed in Goodlettesville.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Exposure to noisy side streets was excessive. Some lodgers were congregating outside until 1-2 am and noisy. Police had to be called to quell an argument about ten rooms away. That went on for well over an hour. Room hadn't been vacuumed prior to my arrival. Dirt on floor and under bed. No power outlet behind or beside the bed so I couldn't use my CPAP. No tissues in the bathroom or room. Towels were threadbare. Room smelled of cleaning chemicals, profusely. I had to go to the store for some Fabreeze to dissipate the smells. The two entrances were not lighted well at night and made accessibility difficult.

Location geographically was good for my Nashville needs.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Don't waste your money...
    • Standard Queen Room

Almost everything. AC didn't work well and to get it to cut off you had to unplug from wall. Smelled like burnt wires. I pulled filter and it looked as though never cleaned in years. No Smoking Room stunk like stale smoke and wet dogs. Pool closed with weather still in upper 80-low 90s. Air planes taking off and landing every few minutes 24/7 low over hotel. Carpets were disgusting! Handle on sink fell off. Towels so stiff could stand on their own. Save your money and book elsewhere.

The bed.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Dirty rooms. Will not stay again
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was dirty. Hair in bath tub and sink. Trash under bed. Holes and what looked like knife marks in walls. Looked like bad neighborhood.

Close to Hwy 65.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

don't EVER stay here!!!! it's atrocious!!!!!!!
    • Standard Queen Room

very filthy. shower was not even clean. had to clean it myself. room was disorganized. sheets a mess. remote thrown under the bed. floor looked like it had not been swept. it looked like the place was let out to drug dealers and pimps. it was awful. i wouldn't send my worst enemy to a place like that.

absolutely nothing!!!!

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

The cleaning staff!
    • Standard Queen Room

Uncomfortable beds, beat up furniture, people asking for rides to get beer and bum smokes,nasty floors in the room! Small outdated television!

The cleaning staff!! But you can't polish a terd they do there best!! Pool wasn't bad! No bed bugs! The bathrooms where clean!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Very pleasant staff, good location, and lovely parking.
    • Standard Queen Room

The bed was firm, but a bit lopsided. There was a strange smell in the room and the faucet only put out hot or warm water.

Very pleasant staff, good location, and lovely parking. The pricing is AWESOME!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Just nice clean rooms, and professionalism from Manager and...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Coffee pots in rooms or offer it until at least 6pm?? Just saying?? I love my caffine..

Just nice clean rooms, and professionalism from Manager and staff. Also equipped with handicap room, a laundry room and swimming pool. Great Value!

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Impressed for the price
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The ice machine was down, but the motel improvised and kept a huge cooler in the lobby for guest

The whole staff I encounter were always polite and pleasant. I notice the manager there everyday and witnessed an issue with another guest and he remained polite and professional the entire time. Kudos

relaxing and enjoyable

No refrigerator or microwave

Clean rooms stocked with amenities and pool.

Train excurision
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

People in next room was fighting all night. But staff took care of us.

Check was easy. Front desk clerk was nice.

A nice stay turned out to be disappointing,lost business of a large company!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

They would not let me extend my stay,and didn't give a reason!

Location,staff

The General Manager Patrick was horrible in customer service...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The General Manager Patrick was horrible in customer service and they will get over if you don’t know the rules and guidelines

Rooms were clean and comfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Good price!

Me and my mom had an amazing time
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that it was peaceful and my mim slept very well

relaxing and enjoyable
    • Standard Queen Room

No microwave or refrigerator.

The room was clean and nicely furnished. AC was cold.

Would recommend

Nothing to complain about

Neat clean

Service was friendly .
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Service was friendly . It was clean !

No microwave no refrigerator

The area of the Motel
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The toilet kept over flowing

The area of the Motel

The two full side beds

The price was a little high.

Disappointed
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was not very clean, the floor was quite dirty.

Location to the Opry was the major selling point.

Good price for just needing an overnight stay

Stains on bed linen

Customer service was excellent.
    • Standard Queen Room

The pillows need to be replaced. Too flat

Customer service was excellent. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean.

Pickup

Close to my destination

Will never stay here again
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was dirty. No shampoo and conditioner in room.

Liked that it was right off the interstate.

Browse Motel 6 Nashville - Goodlettsville traveller photo gallery