Reviews of Motel 6 Dallas - Fort Worth Airport North 2 stars

7800 Heathrow Drive, Irving, TX 75063, USA

#59 of 72 hotels in Irving

6.2

The first room I was assigned smelled badly of mold and the...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first room I was assigned smelled badly of mold and the insect screen on the window was loose and therefore Miskitos would come in during the night. I asked for a new room and the second one was better but not good enough.

Wouldn't stay again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was very dirty everywhere. I was put in a Room by elevator the walls were so thin that I could hear everything. The tv kept randomly fling out, as well as the tv guide given was not correct. Hair on towels all of them. Blankets had not been washed.

The person who checked me in was amazing

It was efficient.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I booked a queen bed but got a double bed. It was very loud at night by the front desk. We kept hearing somethings no ALL night sounding like maybe an elevator moving constantly.

I liked the staff.

It was a cheap room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room. The staff did not know how to show us how to use the Closed Captioning on the tv and there was not a Do Not Disturb sign to hang on the door.

The tv wad up high

Worst hotel i have ever stayed at
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was hard not comfortable at all. Couldn't get extra towels after i ask i had to go purchase more towels. Trash can outside was full for 2 days. No microwaves in the rooms no complimentary nothing In the room coffee only. Itsa real ghetto motel.

Nothing at all

It was horrible, i will never stay there again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shower was not working, i could not shower in the morning, the bed kept moving from it’s platform, i woke up numerous times in the middle of the night to get up and re-align the mattress with the bed.

Stuck at DFW airport. I was able to book a room here and got free shuttle. so easy. thanks!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms were upgraded and very clean. Easy late night checkin. It was late and I was stuck at DFW airport overnight. I was able to quickly book a Motel 6 room

The facility is clean and nice on the outside, the beds need dense pads and fluffy pillows.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The mattress was way too hard, the pillows, sparse and flat. As one review stated, this motel is what Ikea would look like if Ikea had a motel. I was woken up at 3AM by employees talking really loud in the lobby that echoed down the hall, in addition, someone was rolling garbage carts around at this time as well as a loud bang that sat me upright in bed. I told management they would do themselves well by adding high quality mattress pads on the beds, unfortunately for me, this bed undid about 6 months worth of physical therapy on my back and hips.

Location and access were wonderful. The room was clean and recently renovated. Overall this location was neat and clean, easy to find and ample parking. Pool was clean and clear as was the outside of the facility.

Won't stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was not close to the airport as it was advertised. Room Smelled like smoke. Could feel the springs in the bed. Very disappointed in the cleanliness.

Checking out

Comfy sleep for a no frills one night stopover
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Checking in was not friendly or efficient. Would not accept my Canadian drivers license as ID and needed a passport for instance.

If Ikea took over a hotel this would be it. Sparcley decorated but functional.

Never again will I stay here, to many other nice hotels in the area.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No breakfast, outdoor pool was outdated and no hot tub, no microwave or fridge in the rooms (a small apartment micro was available near the vending machines on the first floor), floors in the room were all laminate flooring. Room felt like an institution rather than a hotel. Front desk guy at check in was rude. Gave me cards that did not work for our room, and when I went back to get cards that would work he said it was my fault that they did not work. He said I must have put them too close to my cell phone or possibly in my wallet. He said both would make the cards not work. I think he didn't want to stand up and stop texting and actually have to work.

Checkout.

The worst hotel I’ve ever been too.

Everything, it’s disgusting

Very bad service. The front desk has no customer service. The rooms are very disgusting. Will never spend my money here again.

Stay in another hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shower did not work. Upon telling them the desk attendant told me I wasn’t using it right and how it worked. When I told him I tried several times without success using the extra method he indicated he simply ignored me. Clearly not interested solving the problem.

Close to airport

Horrible
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I paid for four nights in advance. I asked if I didn't need all nights could I do an early check out? I was told yes and the money would be refunded to my account. Well I ended up only staying one night and they have yet to refund me my money! Management will not return calls and is never available.

Short, but not sweet
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bathroom sink was clogged up. I had to call maintenance to fix it. The bathroom shower water leaked into the bedroom. I was very disappointed with how much I paid for such low quality room. The only good thing about the place was the staff. They were friendly.

Everything else was great location and staff just the channels were out. :(
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The HBO and HBO2 was not working in the room that I was in I called front desk for the fix he stated he would contact maintenance however no one came to the room to fix it. :(

Horrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My shower did not work, and I have spoken to Motel 6 headquarters for a full refund. The person at the desk at 5:00 am was condescending and insulting, telling me the shower worked!

Love the city, learned not to wait until last minute to nook a hotel or you get the bottom of the ba
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Some type of bug was crawling all over the place. Killed Two big spiders crawling on our clothes. Had to leave suitcases in the trunk for days in the heat hoping to kill any of this bugs in case they crawled into our things.

The price was decent.

Dissapointed and waste of money
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Nothing and pool was not open Staff was not knowledgeable about anything. Also no breakfast and every hotel in the area offers breakfast

Too much money for a bed, table, & tv. Very unfriendly staff. Unsafe building.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was short & rude. There was literally a bed, table, & tv in the room. No micriwave to heat food. No mini fridge to keep food overnight. The back door wasn't locked. It didn't even shut completely.

The room was clean. The location was good for work at the airport.

Good location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The giant cock roaches that savagely attacked me during the night. That and the fact that I was handed a can of raid when I complained about it.

Good location.

if you're not spending any time in room, it's a decent place to store your things for a couple days.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

roaches, very musty smell, trash bins stored in "kitchenette" area. 2 of 3 vending machines didn't work. Not the most friendly staff I've ever seen..

inexpensive

Roach Motel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They have roaches! The rooms are "updated," but still not very nice. They took the cheaper routes to do things and it shows. The exterior doors to the motel were open at all times, meaning anyone can get in at any time. We stayed there to be close enough to get a shuttle to the airport so we didn't have to park long term. I would have much rather parked at the Parking Spot right next door.

It is close to the airport and they have a complimentary shuttle.

No no and no.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pictures on the website are deceiving. There is tiled floors in the rooms and they are not well swept so your feet gather dirt and grime and then you put them in the bed. Never realized how much I appreciated carpeted hotel rooms. There were fire ants near the entrance that attacked my 3 year old as we were walking into the hotel. She was covered in ant stings. The guy at The front desk was rude when I mentioned someone might want to spray for the ants and then he pretended to be on the phone when it didn't even ring just to make me go away. The walls are thin and every little bump in the night is loud. The night light in the bathroom was kind of neat as long as you're alright with being kept awake by a constant color changing bright light in your face all night. The pool was filthy the majority of our stay so we only used it once for about 10 minutes. The room was only cleaned twice in a 6 day stay and we had to ask for towels and had to ask for them to take our dirty towels after they had already been to clean the room but for some reason left the towels on the floor. We used these towels to mop up the water that poured in over the top of the window sill during a storm on our first night stay. If you're only staying one night the rooms are decent but if you're staying a few nights I recommend splurging on a nicer hotel.

The location was probably the best part. The bathrooms are decent sized.

It was clean and the room smelled great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

That they didn't have a rollout bed for my daughter.

It was clean and the room smelled great. The bathroom was clean as well, but I saw roaches in the bathroom. Other than that it was okay.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Inexpensive but mediocre
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Walls were paperthin. The shuttle is shared with four other properties so it takes a while to be picked up. The staff does not give you full information. We wasted an hour trying to get to the property and another hour plus to order a pizza because every local delivery place had closed at 10 pm. When you are exhausted traveling this is the straw that breaks the camels back especially when you have to get up at 3 AM to catch the next flight. You wind up with only three hours sleep if you're lucky .

Close to airport and has a free shuttle.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Shower, sleep and go.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You get what you pay for. The rooms were inexpensive. we just used to shower and sleep and we were back on the road. our room had flooring issues which Was not a big deal. But the feel of the rooms were cheap. The guy at the front desk was great our first assigned room smelled like someone had been smoking and he switched us rooms with no issues at all. Overall good location and good price.

Location and price

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Pictures are NOT what the BOOKING.COM Hotels look like.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the Indian Gentleman who checked us in. He NEVER greeted us, NEVER smiled, and he seemed as if WE were a bother. I also didn't like that the PEOPLE above us were constantly jumping all night.

I liked that the rooms were CLEANED thoroughly!

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Good value.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very poor bed. I can't imagine how a heavy person could be able to sleep in a bed like that.

Good value. A good place if your flight was canceled and you just need a decent place to get some sleep before you head to the airport early morning. If you know what to expect from a place for ca. $55 + tax, you will not be dissappointed.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Really Good for the Price and proximity
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner stopped working, no maintenance person was available and they had no fan.

Very fast and easy to check-in and check-out. Free shuttle to and from airport. Room layout did not feel cramped like many do. Hard floors in the room made it feel clean. My room was really quiet.

Great for a short stopover!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shuttle van was really old and worn.

We were stuck at DFW and needed a place for a short overnight. The room was simple but very clean, bed was fine, has newer IKEA type furniture.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Cheap but run down
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Property and room were run down. Shower fixtures were loose and detached from wall, floor had a broken floor tile that moved when you stepped on it. Front entrance looked like it needed to be painted/cleaned.

price was cheaper than most.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

This place is ok for a couple of nights.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No cafe or restaurant, just vending machines in the lobby. There is nowhere nearby to get anything to eat. The area is full of hotels and motels and nothing else. Strangely none of the surrounding hotels had cafes either!

Close to the airport, and a bus stop across the street. The hotel shares an airport shuttle bus with the nearby hotels. If you want to go into Dallas catch the bus to the nearest station, or take the shuttle to the airport and then the DART train.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Very basic
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

More basic than the description portrays - low price but by the time paid for something got breakfast at local gas station would have been better value at some of the near by competitor hoteks that have free breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Overall the hotel itself was good.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The Indian guy on the reception was the worst staff I ever saw. He couldn't help me arrange the shuttle from the airport, he was hanging up the phone after each phrase without listening to me and it would take me several minutes each time to reach him, sometimes he wasn't answering phone at all.

Overall the hotel itself was good.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Not the best!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Worst motel 6 I have stayed at. They need to add something to the bottom of the shower so people don't slip and fall. My cousin fell while showering. There were bugs in the bathroom floor and the first room we got stunk so bad that we had to ask for a new room. Second sadly wasn't any better. The flooring needs to be redone. Then asked for a late check out which I could have gotten on booking.com but they don't offer that at all they said. How can I get it on booking.com but you don't offer it in the motel?!?!? Next there was dirt on the floor and the mattress kept sliding off. Plus you have no diet drinks in the vending machine. Staff friendliness was horrible! I recommend you find somewhere else!

The shuttle.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Good value for the stay as we just needed a clean...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only 2 pillows on bed, meaning one per person. Asked for another. Think they miss understood and exchanged it with a fluffier one. Never got 3rd pillow.

Good value for the stay as we just needed a clean comfortable place to sleep.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Nice location

The wi-fi was horrible.

My flight was cancelled around 1 am and rescheduled to 6 am the following morning, The proximity of the hotel to the airport ensured I could get in some hours of sleep. The airport shuttle was also great.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

was so glad to find this place!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The wait for the shuttle FROM the airport could have been a little shorter ... but it was fairly well organized!

Great affordable low hassle place to stay when airline reservations get fouled up. Staff was personable and the airport shuttle was there as promised for my early morning return!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Relieving
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I liked that there was free shuttle to and from the airport. Being that I was stranded for the night, it was very relieving to know that I didn't have to worry about transportation. The price was affordable as well.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

For Connecting Flights at DFW Airport
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

For a motel, bare in mind not to expect much.

Great option only for an overnight if you have connecting flight at DFW Airport, for being cheap. The hotel is clean.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

horrible experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Tried to put us in a room that was occupied, when we returned to the desk my wife said you put us in a used room, the clerk began yelling said she had an attitude and he would give us back our money and we could try to find another hotel. very rude!

the second room was clean tv remote hard to operate. old equipment...

Free WiFi, free parking

Hotel looks run down. Staff not very helpful / polite

Free WiFi, free parking

The worst i have experianced. I stayed an entire weekend and was waken by the staffs @630 am. loud
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the professionalism of the employee and that there was no microwave or refrigerator in the rooms.

I liked the size of the room.

Fair
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Sink in the bathroom leaked water all over the floor. AC worked poorly.

Nice

Customer service

The air

the blankets smelled very bad

the blankets smelled very bad

Overall, it was a good stay.

Too much noise!!!

Basic accommodation close to airport, I quickly booked when delayed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Basic accommodation useful for our needs

Location to airport, complimentary shuttle to airport

Very convo empty located by the airport
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

While waiting outside for the shuttle bus a rat ran by my feet.... EEEEEK

Very convo empty located by the airport

Motel covering the essentials for a fair price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Motel covering the essentials for a fair price.

Trouble with keys

Trouble with keys

One pf my best stays thru booking.com.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Everything was as expected.

Really disappointed with this hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clerk was rude and uncaring. Room was falling apart.

Get what you pay for, which isn't much. Never stay here!

Staff took no action. Flippant went told about the problem.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty walls and a large bug in the bathroom. Hotel staff unresponsive and I was too exhausted to deal with it.

Great place to sleep and shower

Poorly maintained room

Cheap, convenient

Easy to book
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No ice from machine and no fridge

Easy to book

Choosing another Hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The TV didn’t work properly and room service was very slow

It was available, but the TV was in poor condition and didn’t get many chanels

Cheap and comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom had mildew like substance

The beds appeared to be clean and comfortable

Shuttle to and from airport

it sucked

tiny room

It was clean .
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My TV didn't work and they couldn't do anything about it until morning.

It was clean . Freshly painted .

Best motel6

Very comfortable to sleep

Very quiet and super friendly

Was necessary because of flight cancellation
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

was very basic no services were available unless you wanted to use a vending machine

Close to airlport

It was just a bed thing for me. My comfort while sleeping means a lot.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was so uncomfortable i could not sleep.

Good

Entire hotel needs renovating*

Staff was curteous

Staff rude.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff rude. Room cold. Airport shuttle drove past me. Good location.