Reviews of Motel 6 King of Prussia 2 stars

815 West Dekalb Pike, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA

#13 of 14 hotels in King of Prussia

The room was cold, dirty, and not very inviting. The bath tub would not drain unless you held the stopper.

It was easy to find in the dark after a long day of flying.

Housekeeper entered room while we were out to pick up some trash, took all the towels without replacing them, didn't make the bed or change sheets, and looked in my luggage as it was not left the way I had it. Bathroom was small and the sink was outside of the bathroom next to door. Asked for towels & we were told to wait. Was tired of waiting so we went out and bought our own towels.

Near King of Prussia Mall & restaurants.

Be absolutely sure to ask for a non-smoking room at check-in. The hotel was full and all they had was a smoking room. All clothing, even in the luggage, smelled of it when we left.

Very conveniently located at the intersection of Rt 202 and the PA Turnpike.

No shampoo, no hair dryer, no clock, no frills. As long as you know you need to take everything with you, it’s not a bad place to stay.

Friendly staff, comfortable bed

A bar of soap is not an amenity! No hairdryer no iron threadbare towels kind of dirty floors. Asked for non smoking. Smelled like an ashtray and now so do our possessions

Staff. Location

Gave us a room not cleaned that was smoking and I requested nonsmoking. Manager cleaned room while we waited until after7:00pm. No cable all evening or am before we left. Mattresses horrible.

Price

Do I need to say more

I was out in a smoking room so all my clothes smelled. The comforter had cigarette wholes. There was hair in the sink and bathtub. I complained to the front desk and none called me back. The two othe r folks who I referred there had the same terrible experience

The parking was a little limited. But I think that was because it was a very busy weekend. I don't think that could have really been avoided.

The staff were great. They were professional, courteous, and efficient. Furthermore, they all have great personalities. The manager, Charmaine, especially was helpful, kind, and professional

They charge for internet It costs them nothing more to provide internet free they will already have inter why charge for it other than being greedy This fact will make me think twice if I ever come here again I would rather pay a little more and have free internet than pay for it Also be careful when they charge you they charge for 1day and not a24hour period What this means is if you purchase at say 5 minutes to midnight you essentially only have 5 minutes use since directly after midnight it’s a new day and you will have to pay again for the new day Really sucks in addition to having to pay

for the money should have free internet ,coffee in the room , and clean stay 5 day did not clean my room til the last day and that after complain, ever day ,i stay at other hotel in the past for less

I always wish they could offer some danishes or bagels with the morning coffee.

I like the friendly staff. Charmine was extremely pleasant to talk to in the morning. The staff when I checked in were very pleasant and very helpful. The room was wonderful. I enjoyed the mini work area and king size bed. It was a great welcome at the end of a very busy day!

Maybe add an ironer in the room but not a big deal, just a suggestion.

Great staff, charmane was great, also liked how close it was to WAWA, and how close it was to everything else. It's in a great area as well.

We wish that some sort of breakfast was provided at the hotel. Although they did have other choices near by.

I love that it was a breeze checking and that the staff was very helpful because we arrived early. The location was great and we had the best time.

Room was clean and facilities were in good repair and well maintained. The location is pretty good if you need to be in this area. The décor is pretty spartan, as is usually the case with Motel 6; this is a good place to stay if you're on a tight budget, don't need luxury amenities and don't plan on spending much time in the room.

I was in a handicap room. I was expecting a walk-in shower. There was a tub to be climbed to get in the shower. There was a bench with 3 grab bars, they knew it required climbing. The bed was on a platform that slipped when trying to sit or stand.

The room was very clean and well maintained.

Everything. The staff was inconsiderate of us and many other guests, the entire hotel smelled of smoke. It was dirty. Zero amenities. I can't think of one nice thing to say.

Nothing, was literally the worst hotel experience my husband and I have ever had.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

This place is a disgrace to dumps and dives, everywhere. The nightmare begins with trying to negotiate the maze required just to find the entrance. Wooden floors with no carpet in sub-freezing temperatures? Boy...THAT Was fun. Heater was on its last leg and took an hour to bring the temperature to the 60'S. No shampoo. Towels just big enough to cover, oh...NOTHING. Fake beds...bad mattress laying on a board. Vending machines accept only $1.00 bills...frontdesk has no change. Bottom- line... This place sucks. Twice the price of a very acceptable dc hotel which I stay at every month. I will not be back and advise that this property be avoided at all cost.

Everything was great

Wonderful quick and love that you don't have to have credit card you can pay cash quick checkout quite and wonderful staff amout for price of room great thanks again will be back my new place to stay

I asked for nonsmoking rooms I switched rooms twice because both rooms smelled strongly of cigarettes.The floors were dusty and the quilted blankets that covered the bed were musty and worn. The doors were hard to open and were stuck, instead of pushing the door handle down to open u had to push it up really hard. Luckily I had cleaning supplies in my car. I had to clean the entire room bleached everything down and lit candles to get the smoke smell out. It was really exhausting entering this hotel after the long ride I had to get there. I just wanted to relax.

Attitude of staff at night named Charlimaine. I was charged extra for another adult (2 total) for the same exact room. I think that's rediculous. Also "free toiletries" is one bar of motel 6 soap. Everything else in vending machine but no lotion at all.

Wood floors

When we arrived, the first room we were assigned to smelled musty/moldy, so we asked to be moved to a different move. Apparently the woman working that night didn't record which new room we were assigned to because a housekeeping worker opened the door early one morning when we were getting ready. When we came back that evening, our card wasn't working, and we realized the staff didn't know who was staying in our room. Also when we arrived, there was a pile of black hair in the corner of the bathroom that was never removed after four days. The bathroom door handle was falling out of its socket. There was no deadbolt on the handle of our room door leading to the hallway.

Location was convenient. Furniture was modern for a Motel 6, though the fixtures (door handles and locks) were broken.

The front desk clerk was not friendly and seemed quite bothered when we asked for a few extra washcloths since our room only had one. The bathroom was filthy and I ended up buying cleaning wipes and cleaning it myself. The floors in the bathroom and under the beds were filthy as well.

The location near the King of Prussia Mall.

Could have had better communication between staff because I kept getting calls that I should be checked out and what not when it was an easy fix of a door handle. And I was charged again when I had already paid at check in.

Quick on fixing the door lock that needed to be changed and accommodated me with a room to stay in while they fixed it

It was quite bad that there was no breakfast included, otherwise I would give the best rating. Unfortunately no fridge in the room.

Very good location, eventhough it was near to highway, it was not far away from the 2nd biggest shopping mall in USA and Walmart, also very near to Valley Forge. Clean, cosy, small corner with sofa and table.

The room was clean,but the floor needed a good mopping. I did not realize after bathing that my feet after walking on the floor had gotten a black coating on them.

Convenience

Doors wouldn’t unlock had three different rooms because of that issue all the rooms had a musty smell to it One of my pillows still had hair from The past guess

I requested a non-smoking room and the room smelled of smoke when we entered. I spilled water on the floor and wiped it up with toilet paper, seeing the paper was dirty when I looked at it, I realized the floor between the beds could have been cleaner.

Easy check in. The room was simplistic and adequate. The price was just what we were looking for. I will book again in the future. Good value for the money.

smoke smell but not overpowering

I was able to check in at odd time and it was my 1st time staying there, I had just worked double shift and was on call so I decided to stay in the area. I'm a nurse and for years I would travel back and forth from work to home, it was a life saver.

the room smelled like smoke and it was unbearable.

I was able to check in at odd time, I was on call for work and wanted to stay in the area and staff was great.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

There was no direct access to facility from the expressway. Access was via a side street and there was no sign indicating this. We drove past facility twice before figuring out where to turn. Very confusing for someone not familiar with the area. Sink faucet water pressure was very low.

Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Lighting over sink was great - wife was able to see to do her makeup without using her makeup mirror.

The door lock needed some attention. The door had to be shut firmly in order for it to latch. Shutting it normally didn't seem to work. Rm 320.

Hardwood floors. Bed was nice. Room was clean. A/C worked well

• Bed was a rock & rather uncomfortable to sleep on. • Our lock didn't work. We were either locked IN or locked OUT of our room consistently. • The facility reeked of cigarette smoke & some other odd musky order. • Bed sheets & blanket were completely stained and dirty. • & many more things.

• How close it was to the events we were attending. • The little corner brunch seat. • Staff seemed friendly.

The quilt on the blankets were were stained, the shower didn't drain the water, the room smelled of cigarette smoke and booking. Com charged me more then what the hotel was charging me

The receptionist was friendly and very accommodating

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

House keeping not to discredit the whole team because most did their jobs. One was asked to put pillow cases on the pillows that never happened. I left the room only to return to a nasty hidden stain from someone spilling coffee or coke on the bed. The bed was made to hide the stain it was not discovered until I pulled the covers back. I was changed to another room but still really housekeeping.

It is across from the King of Prussia Mall and located to several restaurants and Wegmans.

• Queen Room with Roll In Shower - Disability Access

Initially the room was filthy - dirty floor, tacky handrails for handicap bathroom, hair in shower/bathtub. Shower water pressure was very low. But-front desk staff handled this immediately and were very understanding.

The front desk and other staff were very friendly and accommodating. The property was quiet and TV and AC worked well... very restful.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

The comforter was covered with stains. There were no pillowcases on my pillows, and when I asked the front desk for some, the manager told me he would bring them. They never came.

The staff was nice. The tv was big.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

It was kinda dirty, as soon as we walked to our room we could smell pot coming from another room. We smelled cigarette smoke all night long. I'm surprised the smoke alarms didn't go off.

The bed was comfortable.

The stale smoke/ smoke smell. It was overwhelming in the hallway and our room. Kids would hold their breath to go get ice because said it was overpowering down by ice machine. All our clothes, luggage, and stuff reaked of smoke after we left. Had to wash EVERYTHING when we got home. Our room was supposed to be non-smoking room. When I told the attendant the next day- she just gave me a look of - that's how it is here. My kids were bothered by the smell and I feel bad I subjected them to it.

The room was very clean. The shower and toilet were some of the cleanest I have experienced in budget hotels. The beds were decently comfy. TV channels selection was great for kids. Parking and covered entryway were nice (one day it was raining so we were an to unload under the cover). Neighborhood was safe and good. Sent kids to get ice on their own and didn't worry.

The front desk clerk was helpful but had an attitude about her. The whole property smelled like a mixture of wet paint, stale smoke, and mold. When we walked into our room, it was about 60 degrees and very chilly even for a warm night. The room was overwhelmingly musty and moldy smelling and a pervasive dampness hung in the room. We left and asked for a different room on a different floor and got it. It was warmer and not smelly but it certainly wasn't clean. There were blood stains and hairs on the sheets, totally disgusting. We knew we wouldn't get a second room change so we slept in our clothes on the cleaner bed and got out of there as quickly as possible in the morning.

The parking was adequate and the other guests were friendly.

No in-room coffee. Water pressure was minimal. Hot water took forever.

The room was quiet and the door went all the way to the floor. Which means, there wasn't a gap at the bottom to the hallway like a lot of other places.

Air conditioner wasnt cold enough. Room wasnt cold like i prefer.

Room was clean..and updated...beds and pillows very clean. Check in very fast and convenient.

For this money, I did not expect any better. It was adequate in every way. Whatever was there were clean and comfortable. The staff, one and all, were extremely friendly

Bed was very comfotrable, so was the airconditioning. All other things were adequate

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Second agent on phone ignoring us waiting to check in. Toilet flush is way too loud. Sheets and bed cover were rough to the skin, as were the towels. Shampoo would've been nice

The towel holder and TV surround are great!!!! Decent price for decent location, fit our needs for an overnight. Great! that you have a pool, although we did not have time to use it🙁. Corner of room smelled, and bit noisy-from loud customers, but surprisingly quiet at night. Thank you.

Absolutely nothing else in the way of amenities, though. No free wifi. Not even lids for the very basic coffee in the morning, or shampoo for the shower which is excellent in conserving water.

A great place if all you want is a good bed for not too much money in a location near lots of shopping. Very clean; staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Queen Room with Roll In Shower - Disability Access

1. the room that I reserved was given away to somebody else and reception clerk did not even know about it. Had to go up and down several times until he understood that it was occupied and I was given another room. 2. It was the worst facility that I have ever stayed in. Noise on the floor from fan and people was unbearable -- could not sleep at all. The smell in the room penetrated all my clothes so that I have to immediately in the morning wash all the clothes. 3. The facility is so run down that it is embarrassing, I would never ever stay at Motel 6 again as long as I live. 4. It must be completely renovated in order to meet any standards, regardless of the price.

Does not apply

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Room smelled bad mildew/mold smell Old building in desperate need of remodel in the interior Carpets in hallways look like they were covering up someone's mistake Definitely needs a redo not just a coat of paint Nerd new beds also just a mattress on a frame

David was extremely helpful made the stay bearable

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Upon check in, shower hadnt been cleaned. Toilet cistern continuously ran,and door latch didnt always close first time. Housekeeping varied day to day in thoroughness and floor wasnt cleaned the whole week i was there.

Reception staff very helpful. Laundry facilities great. Good size room.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When I called the property, I was on hold for 5 min, then disconnected. The hallway smelled terrible and while our room was non- smoking, it still smelled like smoke. There were no wash cloths or hand towels. No facial tissues or blow dryer. When I got a blow dryer from the front desk, I was led to believe it was the clerk's personal property. The security bolt was close to falling off and the deadbolt didn't work

I booked the property because it was a last minute trip and it was affordable and conveniently located. When I got to the property, all front desk staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

I had to walk back to reception four times during my 10 day to stay as the door key did not work. ( My room was nearly the furthest away from reception !! I had to ask for clean towels three times during my stay.

The room was spacious. The shower was good. Lighting was good. TV was good.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

the smell of whatever housekeeping were using - please consider that some visitors may have allergies- try using order free cleaning products

the location of the Hotel and friendly staff

absolutely terrible. when I checked in at 9 pm the room I was assigned had not been cleaned (bed not made bath not cleaned), when given another room the bed spread had huge stain on it, used soap in shower, air conditioner did not work, and frankly had had someone smoke in it. Was told that was all they had. Floor had not been vaccumed as when went in shower found I had tracked lots of hair into the shower. When I asked for soap and shampoo in morning, was told they did not have them. This was probably the worst hotel I've stayed in in many years and not worth anything let alone the price.

The first night we were there the tub was not draining quickly while taking a shower, but Maintenance came up the next day and fixed it. The hotel room floors are pretty dirty because the bottom of our socks were filthy after walking around for just a little while. One of the nights the WiFi didn't work.

The location was very convenient and the overall value for what we paid was very good. The bed was very comfortable. The A/C got nice and cool and the flat screen T.V was nice. The various front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

There should be easier access to the hotel, you had to drive through rough traffic to get to the location.

The staff was very nice. They were accommodating.

The hall carpets were dirty if you walked bare foot your feet were black. The cleaner in the rooms made the floor tacky. The turn in to the motel was not clear/easy to find.

The price was great and the hotel water pressure and temperature were fantastic!

Room Smelled like mildew mold mildew mold on ceiling air conditioner didn't work floors filthy. Terrible stay requested moved to another room new room had ants crawling all over

Couldn't wait to leave

Access to entry a bit tricky. Can enter a maze if one misses the turn into the narrow entrance way. Not easily corrected if missed .

Cleanliness, great value, easy access to Philadelphia.

Should be cheaper! Hard to get towels, the floor was so dirty. Door doesn't work so you had to get help to open door to room but staff very nice!. And we had ants. Ants all over the room and bed. Its ok for a one night stay but the hotel should be cheaper. Also the halls always smelled like skunk if you can understand what I mean. I had a child with me. If I stop again I would rather spend the extra 15$ and go to best western.

Location is key. Easy to find.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Young woman at front desk was not very pleasant and many of the guests near me were extremely noisy with lots of music and banging till early hours.

Room was very clean.

The shower did not have a shower curtain, but they did bring one to us when we called the front desk. They just handed it to us!!! The ceiling in the bathroom looked to have water damage and parts of it were hanging down and white particles were all over the place from the damage. Dirt and grime all over in the corners didn't look as if it had been cleaned in some time.

No shampoo provided to rooms. Provided in vending machine, at an incredible high cost. Bad business!! In this day and age, most hotels provide a complementary breakfast. No blow dryer, coffee pot or iron in rooms.

rooms were clean

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

The room STILL SMELL LIKE SMOKE EVEN WHEN I ASKEDFOR NONSMOKING ROOM. I'm allergic to the smell of second hand smoke n can smell it as soon as I come into the room!!!!! 😥

There's a bed to sleep in.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

The toilet had stains from the previous tenant. The floor felt like it had a film of dirt. In cold temperature the heat is only effective at 80°. We suffered a back sprain from the mattress. I felt like I was too close to the smoking rooms with the smell of marijuana.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Queen Room with Roll In Shower - Disability Access

Out of 2 rooms, neither were clean. Lots of dust bunnies, bathtub was not clean, floors were not swept or mopped. Bed could've been a bit softer. Would've liked more pillows. Found chewed gum stuck to the bottom of a wrapped water cup

In room: table, chairs, TV, WiFi, able to keep a comfortable room temperature Staff: friendly and very helpful Misc: laundry on site, a.m. coffee available, and vending

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

No free wifi

The only thing that might make me choose a different motel is the lack of free Wi-Fi. It is too much trouble to have to sign up and pay . Otherwise, fine

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

I had to check out ...... LOL I could live there if I had to, it really is that nice of a place.

I stay here quite often for work and the staff are very pleasant . The rooms are clean and smell fresh.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

better signage at exit, it is right after a tricky ramp and its hard to know where the driveway or turnoff is...scary at traffic times!!!!

staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

I did not sleep comfortably on the bed. It was too stiff, and seemed like there was no cushion to it. Also the room smelled strange. But overall, for $73 a night...not the worst in my opinion.

I liked the fact of having an elevator to transport my luggage. I also liked the hotel staff.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

no windows which can be opened, thats why it smells really bad in the motel and especially rooms. Bath door closed once can not be opened. Siphon did not work and was leaky

nothing!!

too much strong order from housekeeping cleaning and spray ordors. This is only because I suffer from sinus and allergies

comfort of the bed and temp. of room

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access

The room was very dirty. They don't even clean the room. Would never come back to that motel 6. They cannot even check if the room was ready. Very much dissapointment. It was not at all worth the money. I wasted 90$

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

The halls and elevator stink. 90% of the staff is untrained, rude, retaliatory,most of the housekeepers don't know how to clean, you have to beg for toilette paper, towels, bedding and housekeeping which they do not properly do even twice a week, a disaster where owners are clearly only interested in profits but not in those who pay them,there is no hot water for the washers so one s clothes cant get very clean possibly why often the bedding they give you stink, the pillow cases in particular are downright dangerous,and could causes you medical issues, etc etc too many negatives.

They have no carpets in the room

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

The drain was clogged. Bed sucked. We were supposed to have a mini fridge and we didn't so they switched us rooms and the mini FRIDGE froze everything

Nice air conditioning

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Good sized room. Nice bathroom. Great facilities. Not far away from Philadelphia. We however didn't have a car and the buses aren't that frequent (so not great for us)

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

The linen looked dingy. When we bought this to the staff attention they got right on it!

The front desk clerk Colleen was very efficient, very helpful and kind.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Maybe we caught this hotel in a bad night but the crowd at the hotel wasn't the best. It was rather scary and an awful experience for two international travelers. I have been staying at motel 6 for a while now but I promised myself this would be the last time. The bathroom was not clean, it has hair all over it. The beds also had hair that did not belong to us in it.

The people at the front desk were very nice, no doubt. They were helpful and friendly and made for a great check-in experience.

Browse Motel 6 King of Prussia traveller photo gallery