Reviews of Motel 6 Las Vegas Tropicana 2 stars

195 East Tropicana Avenue, Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA

#164 of 193 hotels in Las Vegas

• Standard Room - Disability Access (No Resort Fees)

Everyone at the front desk was not only more than accommodating but extremely friendly as well. Helpful when needed and respected privacy, and the overall joy and friendly additude towards my dog was amazing, no judging his breed or pet fees was just the icing on the cake and an absolutely welcome surprise....general area of Vegas isn't the best but location is very convenient, so if u know how to mind your business and fully a free simple rules it's a great surprise and perfect stay.. thanks everyone at motel 6 for such a great experience

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

I called front desk a few times about other guest being totally disrespectful blaring music up w door open until 4am I didn’t sleep well at all, I wanted to stay again but rate went up %47 they didn’t give me WiFi password or explain property bonuses so missed out on a few things

It’s in a great location next to food and casinos not far from strip

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

I wasn't happy that it was farther off the strip than it seemed when you read the site info.

For a change the beds were comfortable and not hard as a brick.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

“Non smoking rooms” smelled strong like cigarettes as if someone had been smoking there right before we got our room. Other than that it was well accommodating.

Right at the center of Las Vegas strip, very convenient rooms are small comfy bed but decent for the price.

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

For the price, I could have stayed at a nice Casino Hotel without the hookers- Maybe.

They may accept pets but don't take your children here. We saw one 'young lady' take three different men into her room. It's close to the strip but the atmosphere is Shady.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

Seem to have many homeless guest. I was approached by a older man and asked me if I wanted to make money. Hotel security came around the corner and man left. You do have very professional security staff.

The location was decent for the price.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

The dirtiness of the room. Requested a non smoking room, but beds had burn marks in the comforter & sheets. Shower was dirty. Room was really small.

Availability for a room during a huge weekend event.

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

Occasionally you will hear your neighbors, especially if they are noisy. Beware of constant Helicopter noise. The airport is right across the street, and the helicopter takes off/lands very frequently for Strip Tours & your can HEAR it! Airplane noise is almost negligible.

Great location, Fairly large property. Very basic room, but decent.

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

It was very stinky from the cigarettes even we ordered non smoking room. The blanket on the bed had wholes from cigarettes and bathroom also looked a little shabby... No breakfast, only very weak coffee.

It is quite near to the center.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

It would be nice to have breakfast included

Excellent value for money, perfect location between the airport and the Strip -easy to get to by car, and within short walking distance to the monorail. There's a swimming pool and mini-market onsite, and a nice restaurant for breakfast nearby.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

No hot water, stained towels and dirty beds. Nasty just nasty. Do not stay here. Horrible neighborhood too! Had to switch hotels after staying there for less than 12 hours because we couldn’t stand it

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

I had a issue with water bugs entering the room via a hole in the wall near door, there were no clock in the room, no iron or ironing board and had to constanty call down for towels and wash cloths

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

The stand up shower with no liner.. no mats or rugs only two very flat pillows and staff was kind of rude. My Husband and I got one face towel one hand towel and one bath towel per day to share. they refused to give is more 🤕

It was clean and location was awesome. There are two stores right next door one is 24 hours also a small diner and a short walk from the strip

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

Everything else from cleanliness; no shampoo, conditioner, or lotion bottles; smelly towels, non smoking room smelled like a smoking room; no iron or ironing board; room service never came to change sheets.

Close to strip

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

The room was dirty and dont think they changed the sheets, even I got non-smoking room I couldn't breathe in it, clearly nobody sticks to the rules in there. Staff couldn't answer simple questions about the Internet

Didn’t offer complimentary coffee after 10am :(

Staff took the time to accommodate our room request. We went as a group and wanted to have our rooms close to each other. Staff did their best to do so.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

Noisey and overpriced. I had booked 4 mths in advance and a guy walked in while I was checking in and got a cheaper rate. No consideration to lowering the rate I paid was given.

Handy to mo orail snd easy to get to by car

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

Acting like we were entering a Federal Building without proper I'D. My friend only had a DMV slip for I'D because her new I'D didn't come before the trip. They examined the slip and questioned us for 30 minutes. It was crazy! It's a motel 6!!!

Good location.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

Room above us was VERY loud-moving furniture around all night long, stomping, yelling etc. Called front office who said they were sending security out right away. They either never showed up or didn't do anything. In the morning we found out the people completely destroyed the room etc. Wi-Fi is an absolute joke!!

Room and staff were great. Security was always around and on top of pretty much everything. Grounds were pretty clean. Laundry room was clean and working properly.

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

A quite simple room facing the corner of Koval and Tropicana. It was ok for one night.

In walking distance to Las Vegas Boulevard (aka Strip); reasonable price on Friday night

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

I asked staff not to come everyday to clean my room due to my privacy sensitivity, but they still did. That was irritating to me.

The location of the hotel is 5 min of walk to the strip. It was convenient for me to go see shows in close by hotels. Overal I had good experience staying in the motel. Parking was right by my room.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

It was dirty and the manager was rude the floor was so dirty you could not walk in it also the bathroom was disgusting I would recommend no one ever stay here

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

Staff was rude. Guy checking me in was Rude. Maids were rude and kept trying to get into my room at checkout time but never checked back to offer service. Never had my room serviced all three day of my stay. Security was rude and dressed like military combat troops. Told me I couldn't sit in my own car... Ridiculous.. Room had cigarette burns everywhere. Floor was very dirty.

Best thing about this motel 6 is the Location.

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

We woke up late and were going to pay for another night. When I made it to the front desk a staff member said I yelled at the manager. (I didn’t yell at anyone and I believe she was the manager). It was the worst I’ve ever been treated in any branch of customer service, but I suppose you get what you pay for 😕

The location was convenient.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

The rooms walls were like made out of paper I was able to hear everything from the other room. There was literally nothing in the room other than the towels. I’ve stayed at a previous motel 6 and never have seen such horrible rooms. The staff was great very kind.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

Front office staff are very nice people.

Alot of gang member running around. The security guard kicked me out while I was waiting in the lobby for my cab. And told me he was going to call the cops on me which he he did.i stay at this place for over days. I did nothing wrong at all to him or the hotel.i was a great guest. And stay at many motel 6 in the past. Never had a problem .

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

Security there was horrible and uneducated. No respect for guests or our freedom. We couldn't go out after 10pm to smoke outdoors. We were told we had to go off property on the sidewalk to do so? They allowed no loitering after 10pm? Uh how is it loitering if we are paying guests and it's not loitering if we are out there for a purpose! The front desk and acting GM told us that anywhere there was an ashtray was allowed or designated smoking area. There was an ashtray next to our room in the breezeway but we were harassed constantly. Felt like I was in a prison.

The front desk staff was pleasant and friendly.

Unprofessional "Manager" who dies not know how to interact with guests so makes up lies and puts you on a DNR(Do Not Rent), we stayed for a month and thats how we were treated

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

We complained bc a guest was banging on our door at 3am, 4am and 5am. Instead of taking care of the issue the "Manager" gave us a DNR (Do Not Rent. Unprofessional and will never book there again, plus i will tell everyone i know not to spend thier money at this motel

We had another guest banging on our door at 4am, 5am and 6am. We made a complaint about it and they put us on a Don not rent list. We stayes there for almost a month and didnt want to respond and refund our bad night

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

Amenities were gloriously missing considering the amount you were paying for the room. Really, a shower. A Shower. TV, 15 channels. no fridge to keep your beverages cold. no microwave for the late night snacking that comes with said beverages. I've been to many a hotel/motel, what have you, and I have never been more disappointed by a hotel more than this one, but I think they're all that way in this area. I've gotten spoiled to lesser known hotels, with less per night pricing where AMENITIES are the norm.

The Bed was wonderful. everything else around it, not so much. One more kind of a good thing, no paid wifi.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

There were baby roaches, 3 to be exact in the beds The heater did not work One of the lights bulbs were blown out

The view was pretty nice and the room looked nice

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

Nothing. The brochure in the room advertised coffee makers, microwaves, and refrigerators in the rooms. There werent any if the three. Shower was very dirty and water pressure was extremely low.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

I booked this hotel through Booking.com, with $163.25. When I checked in, they charged me with that amount. Few days later, they charged me another one with $133.78. I called the hotel, Hotel gave me no reason, but said, I have to call Booking.com again. I called Booking.com, Booking.com called Hotel again, then Hotel told Booking.com they upgraded me so they have to charge me more. There was no upgrade, and no one even mentioned any upgrade when I checked in. I called Booking.com's customer service again, and Booking.com agreed that's not something Hotel should charge me. Finally, Booking.com get Hotel agreed to refund that $133.78 back to me. Booking.com's customer service team is helpful to resolve this. Bottom line, do NOT book with this hotel, so you don't have to go through this, and waste time on multiple calls.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

The room may have been as clean as it could possibly be but it was so poorly constructed and worn out and stained as to be uncomfortable. But,the beds were clean and bedbug free!

We asked for more washcloths and clean washcloths were promptly delivered

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

Airport was kind of a noisy neighbor. A few sketchy people in the general area, but the town seemed to be full of sketchy people. I did see a security guard (twice)cruising the lot in a Segway, so they are on top of the situation. Not a reflection on the motel, just a sign of the times.

Great location for convenience to strip, dogs stay free is the greatest corporate policy and makes me a motel 6 loyal customer. I was able to park right outside my door for free, not having to walk forever from a parking lot to a high rise hotel through a giant casino resort property. Not elegant, but dog owners will appreciate this property any time Las Vegas is calling.

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

Wish a different area was used for hanging your clothes rather than so close to the bathroom sink but nevertheless it was functional and served its purpose. the room should have an iron and board. I had to go to front desk and get these items and walk with them back t o my room. I wish there was a microwave or an area like a kitchen on the property just like guests have access to a laundromat. But I had a place to sleep and bathe, tv, a/c heating for the bitter cold Las Vegas had

I liked the location. I was able to quick change and get to my shows venues on time on the strip.

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

We got locked out of our room so we had to walk back to the front main lobby and get new keys and the non-smoking area could have been somewhere different world right next to the airport here in all the Jets and airplanes leaving couldn't really sleep that really good with all the noise

The staff was pretty nice they give those towels and clean up our room and the room was clean

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

The bed sheets had blood on them. Trash from previous tenants Security guard walked in while sleeping. Wearing a ski mask. Giving my sister a panic attack not knowing what was going on. Did not like how they offered nothing to compensate for the troubles.

The location.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

You can redo the floors in the bathroom sit on the toilet in his burn marks everywhere

Stayed there last year and it was good it was handy easy and cheap and I did it on on online and is next to Hooters

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

I'm very upset. I order a no smoking room, placed smelled like nasty and mold smokemed. I will never book through booking or 6 motel again. Bed was dirty I'm irate. Respectfully submitted Ms. Jackie Lopez

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

Room smelled of cigarette, mattress was terrible, the price was crazy just because it was during the CES.

I liked how easy it was to cancel my second night.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

no hair dryer and no refrigerator, no free wifi,

Good location and not far from Vegas Strip street (10mins to MGM or New York NewYork), friendly staff can answer my quesitons at once. there is a market next to hotel but very high price. i'd recommand a meal in Coco's in 2mins walking distance.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

ridiculous wifi speed.... poor coffee quality (and taste too)

clean secure good bed very attentive staff (all of them but especially Alma and a gentleman a little older than i forgot the name)

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

Nothing to complain about.

Modern upgraded rooms. Very clean. NO ROACHES. NO BUGS. Quite atmosphere. I felt safe. It's right by the strip. Motel staff was nice. No problems. I keep coming back. Less crowds than other "name" hotels. Had a good time. It's VEGAS!!!

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

There was only one exit in and out, you needed a permit to park and the parking lot seemed unsafe. The room itself was dirty burn marks everywhere, did not provide sufficient towels.

There was a liquor store on the property for any food, drinks or other needs.

No amenities what so ever. Only a bar of soap. Couldn't even get extra washcloths. No free internet. Was very loud at night. Won't stay there again

The price.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

I was ask to leave the property because it took too long for my husband to get there with my bank card after i arrived. I had to stand outside in the cold with all my luggage. I took my money elsewhere when he did arrive.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

I have stayed there and the one down the street the one at dean Martin is way cleaner every time I stay at trop it smells like human pre in the room and its loud out side

The staff is nice

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

The night security gaurd very rude not helpful and attitude needs huge improvement. Does not fit in with Motel 6 staff and atmosphere of great hospitality. The morning security is awesome and very helpful. I am thinking of including corporate relationships with my future business travels to vegas.Total experience was very good.

Front desk customer service is excellent friendly and went beyond their means to help when faced with money issue due to lost card.

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

I was placed in a room in the back of the hotel and the guest upstairs was up all night the guest next door argued and fought all night I will never stay here again I feel I was ripped off

Nothing was out of place in the hotel

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

The facility was poor. The guest service was the worst I have ever experienced anywhere. The security made me feel like I was unwelcome and Nothing more than a common street thug. The house keeping doesn't understand much English but they do work hard and the front desk was a joke.

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

I found a bloody towel in my room that was supposed to be clean. The staff accused my husband of wanting a free night after we complained about the bloody towel, but we were checking out to go home so that wasn't true. The manager didn't even come out of his/her office to address the issue smdh.

The rooms were somewhat clean.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

The pool was not heated like I was told that it was going to be. I really enjoy heated pools. That was the only downfall to this place.

The room service was great and they always gave us clean towels when we needed.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

Towels were cheap, no hair dryer in room, no shampoo, shower was wimpy, not a good idea to put wood laminate flooring in bathroom because it was warped (but clean).

Room was clean, beds were comfortable, location was close by MGM Grand were we had tickets to see Cirque de Solei Ká and was close to airport for friends who were flying out.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

The room we got was out along the road and you could hear everything going on around you, on the street and in other rooms. Was in a rough area. But served its purpose to get us thru a night kinda.

Pet friendly

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

Everything was horrible about this hotel. Look like I got the worst room. I will never stay there again. It learned me a lesson

I didn't like nothing when I saw rooms on line they looked good. When I got the room it was horrible I never stayed in room like that. I couldn't take a decent shower. I will never stay at a motel 6 again. I will also let my friends and family know not to stay there. It almost ruined my trip. I had to check out earlier because I got sick

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

I dI'd not like the receptionist charging me 10$ more than the booked price.the total price was 52.14. I was charged 64.14. We argued for an hour. As I waited in the lobby for the reservation yo pop up. They said I had to pay there price I gave them comf. # they made a new reservation with a different comf.number. this was a very bad and embracing trip. You shold give me a credit to get a room in future for the badelay experience I had with booking.com and motel6.

Eventually the manager argued with me too

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

For starters, it could have been a better experience had it been cleaned well. No clean towels in bathrooms huge ring around the toilet. The floors looked like they hadn’t been mopped in months.

The hotel was horrible! I have small kids and the floors were so nasty I wouldn’t even put my kids on the floor let alone walk on the floor without shoes. The bathroom was even nastier no clean towels huge ring around the toilet from dirt we refused to shower there because of how nasty it was. I would never stay here again not recommend anyone to do so!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

The floor in the room was disgustingly dirty. There were hairballs in the corners. The bottoms of my socks were black within a few minutes! In addition, it took 15 minutes of running the shower before hot water came out. They did not supply shampoo, but I had brought some from my previous stops. The bar of soap they provided was so tiny it was hard to hang onto. No wifi (Though, like my accommodations in Cuba, you could buy internet access!!) I also had to pay to print out my boarding pass.

There was nothing to like about this place!!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

The security they horrassed.my husband when they gave us the wrong key to go inside a room . He waited with our bags and the security harassed him. Then I'm telling the big white security and he tells me first he didn't have no idea who he was then because I said I still was going to complain and a cop came up my husband said to just go in and the security said ya now because the cops are here. Who the check does he think he is. Now today i call to say I'm running late now I got 20 mins to make it to them or there going to pack my things. It was the supervisor on thats working today 10/11/2017

The lady that checked me in at night

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

We've had issues with the cleanliness. There's no doubt that the room has been cleaned thoroughly but a couple of minutes after our arrival, a dead cockroach showed up in the sink. I suppose it must have gone up the pipes. In the evening six cocroaches appeared hidden in the crack next to the doors. It was very disturbing, I've contacted the receptionist and they immediately offered the new room to us. We didn't have the issue with the cockroaches in the room anymore but they were all over the yard hiding in the cracks and stones. They were visible after dusk and it was pretty disgusting.

The motel is situated right next to the airport nevertheless we werent disturbed by the noise from the airport. It is also pretty close to the Las Vegas Strip and the main attractions. There was a shampoo available.

• Standard Room - Disability Access (No Resort Fees)

Extremely noisy from traffic, airplanes, and helicopters all night long. Bathroom shower bars broken, poor water pressure in shower, very dingy/dirty, and broken shelf above sink. Had to set my toiletries by TV.

Conveniently close to the airport.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

I can't say that I didn't like anything. I had a pleasant stay and I look forward to the next one.

I liked that I was close to the strip within walking distance. Also the airport was close by and there were plenty of stores for food, drinks, or gas.

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

Very low rent property for the money. Even the wi-fi in the lobby for printing boarding passes was pay by the minute. Only one set of towels in a queen room. No Kleenex . No box spring under the mattress. It's the kind of place that takes a photo of your drivers license when you check in.

Room was clean.

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

Terrible smell of stale smoke in a 'non_smoking' room. Booked a room with one large bed got two separate small beds. Staff took payment twice for one night's stay and have heard nothing back after emailing to have this corrected.

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

I booked the hotel for 2 nights. They said for the price I paid through booking should have been for 1 night. I showed them my recepit from booking that showed 2 nights and they almost did not honor it. They then blamed booking.com and said the room should not have been sold to me for 2 nights at the price of 175. It was a very basic motel that should be cheaper

Not to much to like

• Standard Queen Room (No Resort Fees)

No coffee makers, pen or paper in room. This is Las Vegas, people are out all night and when they do wake up, it would be nice to have a small coffee maker to make coffee, instead of having to go out and get it.

Close to strip

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

Room was not as advertised it is old threadbare carpet bed linens staff said the pictures were just for advertising view was of another building they did nothing

Casino

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

- inspects/bugs all over the place! - dirty bathtub - no free WiFi. Event I paid for WiFi access, it didn't work in my room. I had to go near to pool area - dangerous at night (a lot of suspicious guys walking around)

No fridge.

Clean room with hardwood floor and large bathroom. The location was perfect and we were able to walk to the strip within 10 minutes and at night it felt safe to walk. There were a couple of parking spots in the shade. Kitty liked to sit on the windowsill to look outside. Saw security staff frequently monitoring the area.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

Very noisy. Lots of seedy looking types hanging around. You should avoid this place. It is badly infested with cockroaches. They were scurrying around like they paid for the room. It was disguising. We barely even put our stuff down before we decided to write of the $150.00 and go elsewhere.

The staff was nice. It's closer to the Strip.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

To check in I had to wait until the room was clean. No luggage storage, so I couldn't place luggage in the room.

It was near the airport. The bus to the convention that I attended was near.

• Deluxe Queen Room

We found stains on the sheets but they were replaced quickly after we told staff about it. The pool was nice but not very clean and there were lots of people smoking and drinking alcohol there. Note that the wifi is only for one device, so you have to pay for extra devices.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good amount of parking spaces. Option of doing your own (coin) laundry. Free ice. Walking distance to the Strip.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds (No Resort Fees)

It was disgusting, front clerk was rude, ignored my questions. Rooms were nasty. Cops were on the property arresting someone almost every hour. A lot of hookers everywhere.

Browse Motel 6 Las Vegas Tropicana traveller photo gallery