Reviews of Motel 6 Linthicum Heights - Baltimore Washington International Airport 2 stars

5179 Raynor Avenue, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090, USA

#7 of 7 hotels in Linthicum Heights

5.9

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Disturbing, 1 night no keys felt unsafe
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Property management kept creating problems when I was trying to wait for my boyfriend to bring money to pay for the room.

Property is extremely rude. I called corporate because of the property manager. Michelle deserves a raise as well as Ellie.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Close to the airport but not recommendable
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Non smoking rooms smelled strongly of smoke. Very simply equipped. Doors and windows not tight and noisy.

Apparently renovated rooms near by the airport. Complex looks scruffy.

No comment.
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

See above statement. Some guests arguing with each other. Did not feel safe. Accidentally left some clothing there. Called reception the next day. Receptionist said she would check with cleaning staff and would get back with me. She never did. Evidently my clothes were taken by the cleaning staff. Disappointed.

No croissants were there. Coffee was just two dispensers on a shelf and didn't look appealing.

It was convenient.
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Disability Access

Our room was supposed to be smoke free. The room smelled horribly of cigarette smoke. The manager blamed it on tenants standing out side smoking. Although there weren’t anyone out there. They did come and spray down the filters, not clean them, just spray down. Within hours the smell was back, just as bad as before. Also, the pool hours were only during the hottest part of the day.

It was convenient. And the staff were accommodating for the most part.

I have never experienced. Before a Motel 6 very disappointed and bad experience

I stay there a few times and never had an issue this particular day was horrible it was so much allowed noise up and down the hallways. people doing drugs on the balcony. The staff was or rude and did not acknowledge customers toilet in my room had period bleed on the seat and room smelled horrible

Location was very convenient and price was affordable

Ok place
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Disability Access

The WiFi did not work. The immediate area has nothing but greasy, National fast food joints. Had to drive several miles to find a place with ok food for breakfast.

The room was clean and a good deal as to cost. Nice, friendly staff. Arrived late and left mid morning, so not a lot of time there.

my stay was short and not particularly pleasant. I was happy to get in my car and leave.
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

the check in was supposed to be at 3 pm, room wasn't ready till sometime after 4pm. the non smoking room reeked of cigarettes. And, not for nothing, but as I unloaded my suitcase from the car, there were 3 junkies / drunks trolling just outside my room (bottom floor), asking me if I had any Vodka. In general the place sucked and I got up early and bailed before the junkies were up and trolling again. disgusting place.

I like the parking lot and location.

with flays and cigarette smell , its not comfortable with family specially small kids and the pools are not working also.

I like the parking lot and location. Nice access to fuel station and food station

Would not stay there again.

We asked for non smoking rooms, however people were smoking outside our room, and our room stank of smoke as if someone had smoked in the room. I found it difficult to breathe and I needed to launder everything in my suitcase once I got home as the bad smell permeated everything. The lighting is poor and I found the room dark and depressing.

I like the staff.

We have been here for 3weeks or more and we have not received any discounts or anything and the pool is not open due to maintenance and that is one of the reasons we chose to stay at this location..But we have spent over $2000 in this hotel and no discount or accommodations.Last Month my daughter Sherita Jenkins rented the room and this month I did in my name Lesley Tyler-Cassell. I think we deserves some type of discounts.

I like the staff.They are pleasant.

Decent night's rest on a budget

I didn't like how all rooms aren't treated the same as far as cleanliness. My smoking-room was cleaner than my non-smoking room. Cleaning up water showed me how dirty floors really were...

I liked the shower, TV, bed, and parking. Although a Budget Motel, I was more comfortable here than Camp Springs or Laurel. I recommend long as you bring your own cleaning supplies!

People were friendly, room was clean and the mattress was...

Not enough electrical outlets for our breathing equipment, but that goes for most hotel/motels.

People were friendly, room was clean and the mattress was firm.

it was disgusfing

Mattresses were not on the bed but leaning against the wall, room dirty and smelly, bathroom not cleaned. Just horrible and would not immediately refund my money.

It was meh.

The cleanliness of the rooms, the showers had stains, better shower curtains because the entire bathroom got wet when we took showers. A working heater. The connecting door was hard to open.

The staff was friendly and the rooms were decent.

My sink had hair in it the floor sounded like something was...
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

My sink had hair in it the floor sounded like something was spilled on it cause when walking across my shoes we're making sounds and also the tv kept turning off and would not stay on

I enjoyed my company I was with and the area was good
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Shady people. The floors were so dirty my feet turned black just walking on the hard wood floors. We asked several times for extra towels and pillows then finally had to get them ourselves after being told again and again they’d be braught to us.

Great stay.
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

They have no do not disturb signs so housekeepers knock on doors at 8am.

Very good location near many fast food restaurants and gas stations. Clean rooms and nice staff.

Comfortable beds but never going back to a motel.
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Weswirched rooms because the first one smelled like smoke. The second room also smelled like smoke but we had just flown across the country so we just gave up. The door was able to shut and lock fine but the bottom corner didn't deal with the wall so we were freezing all night. The maid cart sounded like someone was playing the drums outside our door.

Rooms were updated and looked nice. Comfortable beds. Tv with HDMI ports was cool even tho we didn't use it. Close to BWI - $12 uber.

My heat acted up.
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

My heat acted up. They switched my room. But the words on the heatets are illegible. So i kept putting it on high cool. Not that high heat was much different til about 15 min in. That needs fixed! I suggest heaters with legible words.

it was a very nice quiet stay
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

I was given a choice of smoking room and later found out they had no such rooms all rooms were non smoking. Should not give the selection if it's not available

The decor was nice the backlight on the tv and it had a mini dining tabl3 5o sit and be comfo4table 2hile eating neve4 s33n that at 5his chain.

Not the worst, not the best
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Loud construction early in the morning. Room wasn't ready upon arrival. Took very long for the room to heat.

Very comfortable bed. Close to quite a few places to eat. Right off 695

The price.

The non-smoking room, smelled like cigarette smoke.There was a condom wrapper on the floor when we got there. The floor was not swept well. The shower was very small, could barely turn around in it.There was no microwave or refrigerator.The toilet seat lid had a coffee stain, or some dark liquid stain streaming down it.

The price. The lady at the desk who rang me up was nice.

I will never stay at Motel 6 again

The water in sink was cold, never got hot.. The non-smoking room smelled like smoke, I am asthmatic it was horrible. The comforter had cigarette burns on it. I forgot to mention I always need a refrigerator, I was told you never supply same.

The staff at front office were very nice

Considering the price, I’m not surprised with my low level of satisfaction.
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Dirty room: burn holes on the floor, smelled like cigarettes and weed, hair in the shower before I used it. There is no storage for clothing, no dresser or even drawers on the bedside table. There also happened to be remodeling going on, in the room RIGHT ABOVE US. Out of all the rooms available, we were placed right below the construction workers. Unbelievably noisy, and the staff just joked about how I “shouldn’t worry, it’s just construction not an earthquake.” They worked from 8 am to 8 pm.

Staff was very helpful and accommodating regarding the wifi not working; they use 24hr codes here, and out of the 5 nights I stayed here, 3 of those nights the wifi cut out HOURS before it should’ve. We were given a couple complimentary codes to make up for it. The housekeeping service was also way more polite than other hotels in the area.

Dirty room!

The cleaness of floor very nasty, had keep socks on; and bath room wall coffee stains, as well the sofa stains. Also killed two flys and two bugs which I left on the towel for room service! Asked to move for my next three nights hopefully to a cleaner room! I not getting my money’s worth at all!

Location and modern room!

Great staff, but terrible flooring and grounds really dirty
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

I made specific request not to be near pet, children and on third floor. The Manager on duty claimed the elevator was broken so asked me to take 1st floor. It was end unit and I thought would be quiet, but all night I hear dog barking next door. The unit is really clean and spacious, however, Motel 6 has the worse flooring I've ever seen. It looked like dead bugs or stains were embedded all over the floor and regular mop cleaning will not get rid of this -- just disgusting.

The front desk check-in young woman was so courteous and friendly-- she made all the difference in my staff. Convenient to major highways and lots of fast food options across the street.

I booked this room for an overnight stay.
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The staff at the desk were very short with me. The bed sheets had a few stains on them but I brought my own sheet and blanket to sleep with. The door to our room was tough to open and the room smelled like pot. When I got back to the motel parking lot there was a man there who didn't speak English and he approached me when I got out of my car. He was asking for something but I didn't know what so I shook my head and walked up to my room. Before I went into my room I saw the man looking in my car. I kept poking my head out to see if he was still there and he was looking in my car for at least 45 minutes. I have an alarm on my car so I didn't call anyone but it was still creepy. Debated about driving home that night but I wouldn't be able to drive that long without falling asleep. For the price it was an alright room but there were a ton of sketchy people staying there!

I booked this room for an overnight stay. The location of the motel was great- taco bell, Wendy's, McDonald's, and a shell station all within walking distance.

It served its purpose,it was close to the location to where I had to pickup my vehicle.
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Place was dirty, bed, bathroom, floor, also area was a little shady. Police evidence team was onsite one day. This will be my last time staying at a Motel 6.

Close to places to eat and my purpose of business

I hated it and will NEVER go back.
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Room was smelly bed was hard woke up in pain will never go back had a issue with canceling they charged my card it was a big mess I hate that hotel and will never recommend it nor will revisit it...188 dollars wasted.

I liked the price.

The surrounding area was unsafe for my family and myself. Conditions were unexceptable. And water pressure was very low.

I liked the price. But the condition and safety was unexceptable.

TV didn't didn't work properly.

No breakfast.

TV didn't didn't work properly. They did their best to find us another room, but were unsuccessful. They did give us a refund of more than half of the price.

Exactly what I was looking for in price and location while house being renovated.

Maid service almost non-existent.

Convenient location and easy to get in and out of. Just a short drive to anywhere you needed to go shopping or food wise.

I guest you get what you pay for huh motel 6?
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The one guy was rude. And the staff were. Unorganized and unprofessional. I'm trying to stay somewhere affordable so I choose motel 6 but they make me wish I would of just paid the extra money for a nice better serviced hotel/motel

Nothing really

Way better than I thought.
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. With the rating I was expecting the worst. But we were greeted by friendly staff members. Our room was clean and looked nice. Plenty of parking. Easy to find. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again

The bathroom was nice and the property is close to a lot of...
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed and Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The a.c. didn't work there was mold on the floors the beds were uncomfortable along with the bedding. The staff was nice and moved us but it was an ok room for an over night not extended times. There was also burn holes in the bedding in each room.

The bathroom was nice and the property is close to a lot of stores within walking distance or short drive

I survived.
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

old run down building. room doesn't even have a blow dryer. very ghetto part of town. police fire and ambulance were on scene twice within the 10 hours I was there. I commented to the officer, "I don't think I picked a good motel" he said, " your probably right, but if only here one night you will be ok". very cheap price. adequate for one night stay prior to airline departure. nothing bad happened but the location is not in a good part of town. I wouldn't stay there again regardless of how cheaply priced it was. just not safe for a single woman to be.

the girls at the front desk were nice. bed was comfortable. close to airport

Great for folks on a budget!
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Disability Access

Bare minimum amenities, not the best mattress.

Economical. Staff very accomodating. Tubs availabe. Awesome location near a gazillion fast food restaurants!

I won't be returning here; no matter how affordable the rates are.
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Even though I booked the hotel one month in advance, I did not get the room that I had originally booked. The hotel was completely booked up the entire weekend that my partner and I stayed there. The place was completely booked, understaffed, and our room wasn't touched after our first night of staying there. We had to go to the front desk and request that our room be serviced because it was dirty and it should have been serviced after we left. Our room was serviced for the last night we stayed there. Absolutely unacceptable. We also got a smoking room, so all of our clothes and belingings smelled like putrid cigarette smoke after leaving.

Overall, it was what we needed for our trip. We would come back again.
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The floor was dirty, especially around the edges, near the baseboards, which was disheartening. I suggest assigned parking spaces for the rooms since there are more than one floor. Additional parking for guests and overflow could be available. We needed to park rather far from our room, as I mentioned my husband has trouble walking and stairs are difficult. We were lucky the room was downstairs, I didn't even know there were several floors on the site.

I was pleased with the ease and effectiveness of the booking, the price was very reasonable. We were also pleased that we were on the ground level (by chance) because my husband cannot walk up stairs easily. There was a brand new shower curtain in our room, which was nice, and the security of the locks was comforting.

Just ok, would not stay there again

Cleanliness, updated, not a great neighborhood.

Only the location for getting on and off the baltimore beltway. No breakfast or coffee at this location.

The place could have been a while lot cleaner.
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The pool was not open several day, nor was it properly maintained. It was half of the reason I chose to stay here.

They need to a exterminator for all the bugs I saw crawling around in my room. This was very unexpected and unfortunate.

A no smoking room should not smell like smoke
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

They said that the room that I was given was a no smoking room that was a lie. The entire property smelled like smoke, the smoke smell in the room was so bad the clothing that I wore smell like I was a smoker. I had to spray the room with air freshener several times so that I could sleep

Terrible
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The bed had burn holes in it the mattress was hard the Tv didn't work the floor was dirty dog poop was on the steps turn the heat on the fire alarm was going off I will never stay there again

Location surrounded by a lot of food stores

This was one of, if not the worst, hotel experiences I have ever had.

This place was run down, dirty, unsafe, and just downright scary. The lock on the door was broken, the room smelled like cigarettes, there were stains everywhere, and to top things off there were remnants of left over glitter in the beds.

The price was low.

It was a great place to stay
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

No iorn or ironing board

Great area, lots of places to eat, and you had the option to walk to resturants. When you walked in the room you could smell the cleaness

5.5
    It was a lot of adult activity going on "prostitution...

It was a lot of adult activity going on "prostitution and drug use" The property didn't have enough linen.. they will run out of linen each and every day. Our room wasn't clean for 2 Days Straight I had to continuously call to the front desk and asked for the situation to be fixed

Not the best value for money spent
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

No microwave or fridge. I have stayed at less expensive hotels that had better facilities. Tv kept getting fuzzy and losing picture. Will not recommended or return. Should be a pay by hour facility!

I did not like anything

Tv did not work (lots of picture freezing) paid internet did...
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Tv did not work (lots of picture freezing) paid internet did not work properly (kept disconnecting), no way to communicate with front desk (no phone in my room), took bath-hand-wash towels, replaced only bath but did not replace hand or wash, need to spray for Roches (saw one in wash bowl area)

brought our dog w/no additional cost;
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Motel didn't supply shampoo!!! I never pack shampoo bec I've never been to a motel that doesn't supply shampoo!! Pool closed at 7:00. Kids hated that.

brought our dog w/no additional cost; easy access off of interstate; affordable;

Don't Stay Here
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The entire building was infested with roaches and bed bugs. The mattress had blood stains. The tenants living there were seen openly buying drugs in the parking lot. Other tenants threatened to kill us and attempted running my wife over with their car all while using racist comments. So safety was a huge concern. The key cards would reset everyday so I would have to frequently go to the front office and have them remagnetized. When we got home we had to treat all of our clothes and luggage with bug killer. Needless to say I strongly recommend that this establishment is not recommended to other travelers searching for a place to stay. As for us, you couldn't pay us enough to ever stay there again.

The shower had good water pressure

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Too short
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

It was good enough for the night

Honesty and cooperativeness of front desk staff. Upon checking out I had left a valuable item in the room. I contacting the front desk, the item was retrieved, held and handed to me when I came back. Thanks!

Don't stay here

drug paraphernalia was found by my 14 year old son in the bathroom I the towel rack it also looks like prostitution is going in here pool was very dirty overall a horrible experience

absolutely nothing

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Great value, good location

Could have used some entertainment in the area if I had to be picky. Rooms are a bit dated and can have a stale odour.

Great price and friendly staff. Close to many fast food establishments. Just a quick drive to the light rail station and short train ride to downtown Baltimore

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

4.0
    When a room is NOT a room ...Booking.com means nothing
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

1. NO ROOM - We checked in Friday night at 11pm only to find our room was given away; clerk almost couldnt give us a room though he ran my cc by 805 pm. 2. NO HOUSEKEEPING - from Friday night check in through Sunday morning checkout (noon), we had no towels or washcloths (used Friday night to relax after 6 hr drive), bed wasnt made, room not cleaned

Short, Uncomfortable Stay!

The Beds weren't comfortable and the showers were extremely small. I know it's a motel but I just felt like I was staying at a really cheap hotel. I do think that they should upgrade their facilities,

The Hotel was conveniently located not far from our destination. 20 Min from downtown Baltimore.

So, So
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

I had asked to pay for wifi, they said they had no codes left and it would be a half hour, I still have not heard from them. No wifi for my stay. The room was clean at first glance. The bed cover was stained, the floors were a vinyl wood floor, while it seemed clean once I took my shoes off they were very sticky. When entering the bathroom I thought wow what a neat corner shower, but once I was in there, it was very small and cramped, I would hate to see a large person trying to take a shower.

Very helpful staff, comfortable bed, a small table with chairs so I could eat my takeout dinner, walking distance to several fast food places and a couple gas/convenience stores.

DIRTY, NASTY, DON'T SAY HERE (GO TO THE OTHER ONE 21227)

I wouldn't suggest this place to anyone they are so disrespectful, unprofessional and the manager was the worse. I went into the establishment as I was on the phone with someone bickering back and forth. The girl at the front desk was rolling her eyes and doing her head I gave them my credit card and ID she then slide the credit card back to me and it almost fell off the table so by this point im fuming so I said I want the manager. She said don't matter anyway im not letting you stay here?????? REALLY so the manger come over im talking to her telling her what happened and I guess she was scared of the desk clerk because she said I cant let you stay here because she said no. UMMMMM ok you wonder why you get bad reviews its because of the people who you have working for you. Not to mention she was trying to take the person behind me and I said no your not until your are finished with me I was here first I want your manager and im not going anywhere until she comes here. She was SO NOT MANAGEMENT material you could clearly see she was scared of her own staff witch was sad. Not to mention when I asked for the GM's information she gave me the motel 6 number and didn't give me any other number to call. So after im done this im contacting the BBB. Im sure this wont be the first or last time someone complains on this place. They need to take a class on how to be professional and select there staff more strictly. Mind you im in the medical field and I would of been fired on the spot for rolling my eyes at a patient and telling the patient well there my eyes I can do what I want to do with them. So anyway I went to the motel 6 in Halethorpe the lady there was so polite and very professional you would of though you were at the HILTON big difference.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

I loved it it's my 3rd or fourth time going to this specific one just to get away from reality.

I would like it better if I had a do not disturb tag to place on the door

loved the room service/delivery option I didn't even have to leave my room

Bare bones
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

No blow dryer, no coffee maker, no microwave, no little bottle of shampoo, had to wash my hair with bar soap. I don't carry my dryer or shampoo with me anymore when traveling because EVERYONE provides it!

It was clean, parking was easy.

Easy room for 1 or 2 nights

The floor was very slippery. Maybe too much cleaner?!

The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was nice. VerY friedly personal. Almost every fast food Restaurant around For the price recommendable

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Good place
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

A little noisy at times, but it calmed down before it got late.

Fantastic staff. Really spacious, well laid out and comfortable rooms. 12 noon check out, which is later than most places. Close to the airport. Close to the interstate. Close to a number of food outlets. Well lit parking.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

nice stay
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

it's a bit far from some places

the front desk manager and the other lady over there were soooo kind for kept my stuff i ordered on amazon! they're the best

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

no amenities at all. for the price I paid I could have easily stayed in a 3 star hotel
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The place was quite run down everything was quite old. Not even a basic microwave even in the common area. Did not have cart to take luggage to room. Lots of noise around adjacent rooms nobody seemed to even care.

The beds were done right and linens were clean. Bathroom was clean room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Great Manager, Not so great rooms!

I booked a non-smoking room and we ended up in a smoky room that was pretty bad. The toilet had issues with flushing and we needed a plunger all the time and the water pressure was low the floors were dirty the linens were clean but very old.

The manager was really nice, she did her best to take care of us because she felt bad that I requested a non-smoking room but we got stuck in a very smoky room. She was very apologetic and took responsibility for it !

Because of the President's big Weekend and
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The room was clean, but very dated. The window unit had no directions evident due to age (rubbed off from years of cleaning). One black beetle crossed my table in Am. Left staff a note about it

Because of the President's big Weekend and the Women's March, there were few places available. So I was grateful for a room.

The bed was very comfy.

Didn't like being in a room with a connecting door.

The bed was very comfy. Liked the location of this property. Was happy McDonald's was next door convenient to stop for coffee when leaving.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Ooooooommmmmmmgggggg
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

No fridge no microwave no place to put your clothes small shower not even really big enough for one body

Nothing i called for towels at the front desk and was told she didnt have any and if i wanted to waljt to where they do their laundry i could ask for them there.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Bad
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Place is visited by Police at least twice daily, some times more. It's got ants and flies in all the rooms I was in, and you never feel safe. Looks like certain guests live there? Pretty scary.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Good pricing. Simple non fancy motel

Lack of cleaning services. Building and rooms not as pictured. Both require a little attention.

Front desk staff was very friendly; however, I only received clean towels once. The other days I had not cleaning service and had to request towels. Loved location and amenities in the area.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Don't stay here!
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Filthy and dated rooms No continental breakfast Loud neighbors Room had bad odor mold/mildew smell Bad neighborhood Very disappointed! Went in for coffee, pot was empty. Clerk just looked at me as if to say "sorry about your luck."

There was absolutely nothing I liked about this hotel!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

did not like the shower

the shower

did not like the shower

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Close to stores and fast food as well
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Some what noisy at times, but other then that it was a very pleasant stay

Close to stores and fast food as well

Poor room no cable service

Everythinh

Nothhing

The manager on the second shift deleted all the confirmations for reservations. Who does that.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Would like to stay longer
    • Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Traffic noise in the morning

Easy to get a room and good prices! AC works great!