Reviews of Motel 6 New Orleans 2 stars

6.2

5.9

5.9

4.4

Room smelled like cigarette smoke.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room smelled like cigarette smoke. There was a hole in the wall. The floor was unlabeled. Stains on bedding. No microwave or fridge. The elevator smelt horrible, like sour milk. This hotel was not nice at all.

Accommodation was cancelled apparently we called them and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Accommodation was cancelled apparently we called them and did this. However we ended up booking elsewhere because of this matter

Dirty trash in halls when I checked in trash in halls when I...
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Dirty trash in halls when I checked in trash in halls when I check out room not clean the best it could had been

Friendly staff.
    • Queen Room

The room was a queen room, but the bed was a full size bed and not a queen bed like the web site stated. Mildew in the A/C vent which made the air blow the mildew smell in the room and it was so stink. My room was 148 first flood non smoking room, but weed smell was all on the first floor the night I checked in.

Friendly staff.

The friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hallway and my two rooms that I had was stink and smell like 3 years of mildew. I was on the first floor room 127 and 148, and both room were horrible with mildew smell. Room 127 was my son and grandkids room and that room was dirty, trash under the bed as well as pieces of weed. Keep in mind these rooms are non smoking rooms. There were hair on the floor, the mattress have a nasty spot on it. The bed lining was dirty and there were some kind of sticky stuff on the bed rail and floor. My grandkids are 11 and 12 and had to endure this. So the housekeepers are not sweeping underneath the beds nor cleaning the rooms. I will never book with this Motel 6 again. The telephone didn’t work either.

The friendly staff.

Check in was ok, but as soon as we walked in our room it was...
    • Queen Room

Check in was ok, but as soon as we walked in our room it was not pleasant. Box spring was soiled, floor had thrash and had not been swept or mopped. Had to walk on towels as you got out of shower. Walls had stains on them. I give them a -1 !!

It was clean
    • Queen Room

I ask can I have a late check out (just until 1 because I was woken up about 2:30 am by some guest and didn’t go back to sleep until about 9:30 am and then the house keeper keep knocking demanding check out was for 11:00 😨

No carpet!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

ONLY VERY BASIC CONFORT. Online I booked the room for 70.00 per night and hotel is advertising rooms on their sign for $53.99. I fell I should get refund of difference.

Location. Near to restaurants.

Decent for the price nothing special
    • Queen Room

Housekeeping wasn’t very good and rude and bugs. The bed isn’t very nice either

The location is nice it’s by plant food places, shopping and not to far get to bourbon

You won't sleep in NOLA anyways but when you do this hotel can assist with that HAHA
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

In this case, you get what you pay for. This was the last available option for us and did the job. If you need a barely doable place to sleep and shower morning and night but still save money then this is for you.

I like the room interior design
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

I didn’t like that I booked a king size bed and they gave me a full size bed saying that’s all they have. If it wasn’t because I was tired of driving I wouldn’t have stayed there

I like the room interior design

This hotel was decent for the price, just make sure you take clorox wipes and wear shoes.
    • Queen Room

The bathroom had not been cleaned, it was obvious from the toilet. The floor had not been swept and mopped, there was debris in the floor and when we walked around barefoot our feet became visibly dirty. Our deadbolt did not work.

The staff was very kind and helpful.

I rather not say
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room was not clean neither day I was there I had drop my earrings and had to move the night stand and so much trash and dirt I can go on but i rather not say no more

I rather not say

Worst stay ever
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool was not open staff is unprofessional didnt have breakfast like they say the hallways smell has like a mildew smell spiders are real bad in the rooms.. T.v has cable but not tht many stations everytime i ask for towels they say they dont have anymore ... Staff look at u like u a stranger

Worst stay ever

Overall, it was pretty decent for the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not like the noise from the highway all the time. The bathroom door did not close all the way. The tv was mounted too high on the wall.

I liked the value. I liked the fact that there was a swimming pool next to the building.

Very bad experience considering this was my first time staying there and I was from out of town !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room had a hole in the wall.. The front desk attendant had a attitude when I called about my 8 year old money getting stuck in the vending machine . My kids was in the pool and the security guard told them to get out because they needed wristbands to get in . I have 5 kids they only provided 4. So one of my kids had to wait until one was finished swimming . I felt Like this was so unfair because they are children .. When I was leaving The room once checking out the housekeeper said with an attitude “Your checking Out “ .

The location was perfect very close to where I was visiting.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The air in our room didn't seem to work to well There was an extra charge for wifi

The location was perfect very close to where I was visiting. The staff was friendly

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not clean, smelled of smoke, no hot water, noisy, unsavory characters hanging about. The charged for wifi!!

Nothing. The only positive was I was there for only one night.

Bad experience at motel 6
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel personnel we're rude...on our last day there was no hot water...they did nothing to make it better...I felt we should have got a refund,or at least a discount!..we cut or trip short ...we we're happy a good time before this!!

It was ok for one night but would have left if i was staying longer
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms are outdated, water pressure in the bathroom was low. The toilet didnt flush properly. The door to the room didnt close properly!😞 Pool was closed for "maintenance".

The worst in my 60 years of life.
    • Queen Room

Prostitutes & the men who use them were a constant flow. I had to kill a 2" spider & 3" cockroach. The room had a smell that we still can't identify. Maintenance is poor and cleanliness non-existent. Your brand is diminished by being associated with this property. We will never stay at a Motel 6 again.

There was nothing to like.

Disgusting.
    • Queen Room

We arrived at 12:45am the front desk lady was rude. We go to our room on the 2nd floor the hallway was dimly lit, found our room and the door knob was installed upside down so we had to pull up on the handle. Went into our room.... A/C did NOT work it was muggy in there and smelt like urine. The floors were sticky/slimey. The linens were filthy they had black spots on the pillow where someone’s head was resting (clearly didn’t wash it after someone laid their head down). The bed was caved in and not comfortable. The telephone cord looked like it had not been cleaned there was black gunk in between the cord. The bathroom was disgusting and clearly not mopped, shower curtain was molded. Took several minutes for the water to heat up. The bathroom towels had pubic hair intertwined in the towel and stains. Everything was disgusting. They didn’t clean our room or give us fresh linens or towels the whole weekend we were there. Disgusting. Definitely would NOT recommend.

Nothing at all.

Needs staff training and the building and everything in it needs a thorough cleaning
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The place continues to smell like marijuana, even though they say no smoking in the building. The bathrooms are not cleaned. The floor was mopped but super sticky. The staff is not professional and always on their phone or sitting. I had to go buy pillows because the ones on the bed smelled like someone’s cologne. I guess wireless service is restricted so that you’re forced to purchase their WiFi. The price is very reasonable but I can’t stay here again

They had last minute availability

Terrible and horrible
    • Queen Room

Hot water didnt work...bed had hair everywhere, no blankets, no iron or ironing board unless you leave your I'd at the front desk, tub molded and stopped up... had to take a shower standing in a tub full of water

Staff was helpful and the location wasn’t bad.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had a hard time opening the room door. The floor was dirty. There was a smell of weed and smoke in the dimly lit hallway. There was a leak over the side exit door.

Staff was helpful and the location wasn’t bad.

How's this,,, I have used motelb6 often, very often,, I Done With Motel 6.
    • Queen Room

Cold have been a friendlier staff. The front desk people and the security guard we're to busy socializing, thank goodness there wasn't an emergency, the guard would have never known it

Not much, very unfriendly staff, pool was out of order. I did enjoy the shower messager

Getting Exactly What You Pay For
    • Queen Room

Its very noisy. Kids running up and down the hallways, people screaming, drug solicitors hanging outside. No mini fridge or microwave in the rooms; there are 2 public microwaves in lobby, ice machine, and vending machines.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Issued me one night free of premium Wi-Fi! They allow pets (I brought me 2 small dogs) and the floors are hardwood not carpet. The rooms were very basic which I liked. This is a case of literally getting what you paid for. If you are looking for something cheap but halfway decent, I would recommend this hotel. If you are looking for continental breakfasts and more, don't waste your time here. I enjoyed it for the sake that it was cheap and the facilities were tolerable. They allowed pets without an extra charge!

Never stay here.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The area was terrible. Bunch of drug dealers and users in and outside. People screaming and banging on doors all night long.

That my Uber driver who rescued me could easily pull in to help me escape faster

The serene and well-secured environment
    • Queen Room

My room was not cleaned once for the three nights I stayed. Also, I was provided with only one set of soap to use for the three nights. Not cool. Didn't want to complain as I am a foreigner.

The serene and well-secured environment

The stay was comfortable, hotel in a good location and you could not beat the price.
    • Queen Room

I would like for them to have access to towels. I went to the desk for some extra and was told only had two until the maid came to work. It would be great to just keep towels in case of an emergency. This is just a suggestion.

The hotel provided a good stay for the price would stay here again.

Greatest stay ever
    • Queen Room

There really wasn't nothing to not like.

The fact I could pay cash or card. I also like the fact i called and ask to check in late and they let me

Bare minimum
    • Queen Room

Room is very small, no refrigerators, no microwave or coffe machine, no hairdryer, our room wasn’t cleaned one day out of a four day stay

Location is very good easy off the highway

It was okay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we got in our room, from a 20 hour car ride, we went to use the bathroom and there was poop in the toilet, the bathroom had not been cleaned, we had to clean it ourselves. The beds weren’t comfortable, and the blankets do not keep you warm throughout the night. The water pressure isn’t that great either.

The AC was awesome.

Just overall it was so pleasant!
    • Queen Room

Jade the front desk receptionist was an overall joy! She was exeptional from beginning to end of my stay. I’ve witnessed her even deal with the most aggravating customers with horrible body odor and she handled it like a pro and I couldn’t do the same. She really needs a promotion !

The staff was very kind and cleanliness was of importance to...
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The room was supposed to have a king bed, only had a full, and was uncomfortable as well as lumpy. The shower leaked the whole time we were there, the pool was "closed for repairs" though the ducks seemed to enjoy it just fine.

The staff was very kind and cleanliness was of importance to them.

I got a hot shower and a nap, no complaints.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wasn't there long, I only stayed there for roughly 8 hours of the three day stay because I was completing a 24 hour endurance event, the Goruck Heavy.

Friendly, personable staff. The room itself was clean. Definite value for money.

The property was clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The property was clean. The hotel lobby and vending area was clean. Night staff was rude, very unpleasant person. They call to ask if you want room service early in the mornings but never cleaned nor did they place clean towels in room had to go ask for towels. Every time we left the room the key would be deactivated. Daytime staff was friendly and always spoke.

4 walls, 2 beds
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing but 2 beds and a TV inside the room. No fridge. No iron/board. No closet area. Small room. Couldn't open window/ screwed shut. Bad area. No carpet. Dirty floors. No exhaust fan in bathroom. Thermostat from the 90s. Loud, everything echoes throughout the halls. Hear everyone walking in the room above because no carpet. No free wifi. $2.99/24 hour per device to browse internet or $4.99/24 hour per device to stream internet. Old light bulbs that flickered. Smelled.

Security guard on site based on area. Friendly staff.

Too short but full of fun and leisure
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The morning front desk lady was unfriendly and unwelcoming after a long drive in.

The price was reasonable and location was central to where we wanted to visit.

It was close to my destination and there were several food...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were several leaks in the building. My check in was long because the ceiling was leaking and there machines were down because of the leaks.

It was close to my destination and there were several food options nearby.

Would stay here again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We got the last room key available, and it didn’t work on the first time every try. Other than that, no complaints!

The rooms are recently renovated and have wood floors. Basic, but bright and feel nice and clean! The room is a decent size and felt very safe. Convenient location right off of the interstate, so it’s easy to hop on and head to bourbon.

No a good experience!

Didn't like it at all. No breakfast, animals on site were dirty, no wash cloths, no soap, tub was dirty, found a needle on the floor, sheets were dirty. Head board fell off the wall

Good place to stay for just one night for one person.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The water pressure was very low. It took forever for the hot water to come out in the sink. My bathroom door did not lock it was off track. I could smell cigarette smoke all through the evening and this is supposed to be a smoke free hotel. There was no shampoo or body soap and I didn’t bring any. There is also no microwave or mini fridge.

The bed and pillows were comfortable.

Great experience and great company.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The water pressure was a little lacking and the lightening was a little weirdly placed but that’s really it.

The room was in a decent location to get to the venue in about 10 minutes. The room was extremely clean and nice. I would have liked a light that was in the middle of the room and the water pressure could have been a little better but other than that it was absolutely amazing.

Nice and unfair
    • Queen Room

The first day I booked they had my reservations. Precious booking after that they claim they can't find it in their systems. Which is unusual because I did it like the first time eveytime. They don't help the situation. Not even attempt to call the manager after they see I've been there over a west paying different rates. Not fair at all.

It accepts pets. The rooms were meet and the bed was OK.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything. The fact that the room was dirty when we got there stains on the sheets. Gross & hair in the bed. The tub was dirty too & there was a lil bit of lipstick on our towel

The set up of the room

Overall the experience was a good one & I am glad I choose to stay with this motel.
    • Queen Room

Adding a little lighting could be very helpful.

I like the room was simple & ready to go when I got there. Check in & check out was super easy!

Desperation only!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I should have known because when I arrived a person was demanding checkout with a look on his face. There was no free wifi, I could hear everything like my window was open, I had to ask for sheets to change the bed because it was VISIBLY DIRTY, the floor was filthy and water was cold. I went to sleep with one eye open. They let ppl run amok there smoking weed, it was awful.

The check in lady was nice.

Comfy beds
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Females in hallway talking loudly about sex n how big someone was and early morning someone upstairs bumping around n I called n had to go to front desk and still NOTHING was done and room not all that clean

Comfy beds

It was an ok experience.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didnt like that I had booked my room 2 months in advance. Confirmed 2 different times with the hotel that my room was still reserved. But when I get there they had given my room away. No other rooms in town available. Had to sleep in my vehicle with husband children and I am pregnant.

They gave us a free night for a mistake the property made.

We didn't like not a damn thing
    • Queen Room

Staff was awful, the entire three day stay, there was overwhelming smell of marijuana. It was everywhere, the elevator, hallway and it was coming through our AC vent in room. I complained and nobody cared.

We didn't like not a damn thing

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They one had one bed when I reserved 2 so I was forced to share a bed. I asked for a manager to call me 6 times she refused to speak with me. And she was never on site

Could have been better
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room was dirty, my towels were dirty, there were stains on the sheets and table, the room phone had brown stuff on it and the vent smelled bad every now and then.

The style is nice, better looking then any motel 6 I’ve seen

A waste of money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We went threw two rooms before we found one that was clean. I had to pay for wifi that i couldnt use because it would not stay connected to my devices. No coffee, no microwaves or refrigerators. Every room smelled like pee and we finally chose the room with the least amount of hair on the floor and the only one with a clean toilet.

It was cheap

Great! !!!!!

I really enjoy my stay was great the food was so good it was like going to like grandma house for breakfast i reall love my stay there i plan on going again thank you and the staff.

I left early. This is not a place I would stay again. Didn't feel the room was clean.
    • Queen Room

there were hairs in the fibers of the covers. There were stains on the counters. Some of the staff were really nice, but seem bothered by your questions.

I like the convenience of Walmart nearby

Will not be visiting this Motel 6 again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My Non-Smoking room smelled just like cigarettes! Kids playing in the hallway. No Microwave or Refrigerater. Have to go all the way to the 1st floor to heat up food.

The only good was the hardwood floors.

Cheap and open 24 hours.
    • Queen Room

Rooms are more like hospital rooms than actual motel rooms. Absolutely no water pressure. And the front desk staff need to work on their people skills.

Cheap and open 24 hours.

Worst hotel ever
    • Queen Room

This property was terrible we was there for 4 nights and house keeping never cleaned our room or bought in clean towels. We had to go to the front desk for clean towels after asking to clean our rooms several times. I will never stay at this hotel again.

It was nice and comfortable and I am glad I picked that area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was missing a trash can and old soap was still in tub.

Bed was hard but I like my bed that way. Receptionist were really nice and recommend a good restaurant to us.

Slum motel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The air didn't work 3 of 5 room reserved, claims to be no smoking facility but reaks of marijuana. Low water pressure. No irons, refrigerator, or microwaves in room. One microwave in the lobby!

It was ok, undecided if I will return to that location.
    • Queen Room

Bathroom toilet leaking in the room unfortunately

The location was nice but it would have been lovely to have a microwave and refrigerators in the rooms.

This location needs a good manager that will train and supervise its employees on customer service.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was filthy, there was pubic hair in the tub and towels. The bed covers were stained and filthy. The room smelled the stale smoke.

There was nothing to like about this disgusting motel.

It was okay, I want stay again!!!!
    • Queen Room

The queen size bed was horrible. The water wouldn’t never get completely hot and the water pressure suck!!

It’s okay if your out all day and night cause ur partying and you need a quick bath and a nap okay cool

The tub and the area was cool the rooms was clean at check...
    • Queen Room

That I HAD TO COMPLAIN about THEM CLEANING MY ROOM I WAS THERE FOR OVER 3 DAYS OTHER THAN THAT NO PROBLEM

The tub and the area was cool the rooms was clean at check out ...

The hallways and rooms were filthy, not been dusted or...
    • Queen Room

The hallways and rooms were filthy, not been dusted or mopped in a long time, the bathtub in room 342 was obviously broken and poorly patched, I could have cut my foot on the fiberglass in the bathtub. The hallways and elevators smelled like old cigarettes and pot, even though it is clearly "non-smoking". The smoke alarms when off all 3 nights we were there, no one seemed to respond to them, or didn't tell us it is a false alarm. No one cleaned our room the 3 says we stayed either. Staff were there, just appeared to the standing around.

I didn't like the room, the bed, the lies that I was told, I could have slept in my car for free
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

I didn't like everything it was bad!!! Throw up a tent and stay in it you will come out cheaper and have more room.

It wasn't a good stay I could have slept in my car and had more room than i did in that bed. If you want a bed that you can fit in don't stay here

Dont do it
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel was by far the worst I have ever stayed in. The tub had a hole in it where they cheaply patched it and it was also dirty I had to go out and buy some Clorox spray to clean the tub When we arrive I was told my reservation was canceled due to the funds not being on my card if they would have called me to let me know this issue could have been resolved immediately. (I booked the hotel a year in advance) The remote control to the TV did not work. How do you only have one ironing for a whole hotel and still couldn't locate that one. I paid $600 for this trip and I understood that I wasn't staying at the Marriott but the hallways reek of urine I had to go get a plug-in air freshener for the room because it smelled. FYI please fix your toilet seats in your restroom nothing worse than coming in from a night of partying and going to use the restroom and about to fall because the seat is not properly placed on or getting up in the middle of the night sleepy and again about to fall cause the seat is not properly placed on the toilet. I hate that I chose this hotel for me and my friends first Mardi Gras

The price

It was a waste of my money to stay here
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room wasn’t cleaned a single time during our stay. We asked multiple times and told it would be cleaned, it never was. On Monday we were told it would be clean, we left for 4 hours, came back and they had entered our room and had done nothing.

the only thing good about this hotel is it had running water

Mardi Gras Birthday Weekend
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Smoke in hallway. Smell of weed.. Smoke alarm went off both nights we stayed there. The first night i heard the alarm at 2am I called the front desk to see if we needed to vacate? My guess all the cigarette and weed smoke set it off!!!

Close to everything Staff was Excellent...Room Was Clean would definitely stay again!!!!

While the price was good save yourself the headache and pay for a more expensive place
    • Queen Room

From staff services to cleanliness of the place it was as if people there didn’t really care if customers were happy or not, water got in my room because of the rain and I was handed a mop and dirty towels with stains seriously. When I told them they were dirty the staff told me that they were clean with stains...

The bed and room was alright wasn’t the best wasn’t the worse for the price I expected more.

4.5
    Had wire mattress, so did not sleep comfortably.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It only offered soap - no shampoo. Only gave us clean towels once & we stayed 4 days. We had to ask for clean towels and for the room to be cleaned,

It looked clean at first.

Not too far from the French Quarter.
    • Queen Room

First room overwhelmingly smelled of smoke and remote control was visibly filthy. After requesting a new room without odor, the key was not transferred over. When we came back for our second night stay the key did not work. When house keeping cleaned they had moved all of our stuff out.

Not too far from the French Quarter. Cheap.

Basic.... nothing above and beyond... noisy at times.
    • Queen Room

There were old tooth brushes left in bathroom. We also had to switch rooms due to heat/air not working in original room... which was disappointing because we had to pack up everything all over again...

Staff was friendly!

Overall a very good experience.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

For the money, this was a good value. Room was clean and in good repair. Front desk staff was kind and accommodating. The location felt safe and was easy to access.

Browse Motel 6 New Orleans traveller photo gallery