Reviews of Motel 6 Orlando - International Drive 2 stars

5909 American Way, Orlando, FL 32819, USA

#318 of 407 hotels in Orlando

I can say it could have been better Great job staff

Staff was great and helpful and that I could bring my large dogs was great...plenty of area to walk them in The rooms are a bit small but not a deal breaker

Strange feelings at reception. Had to wait 15 minutes for someone to come and check me in. Weird smell in the lobby (similar to weed). Some kind of strange acting guests. No breakfast/dining options at all - just soda vending machines. Ice vending only located in the lobby.

Room was OK, clean and met the expectations. Up to 10 minutes walking distance to many facilities and restaurants.

Everything was good except i got no service during my stay but on check out day housekeeping came knocking around 10 am when check out isn't until 11

• Double Room - Disability Access

It could b better but I know they have construction jobs around n it's hard to manage tha situation but it's getting better.hopefully when I go back is done ..

Clean

Everything, Smell horrible my room, no shampoo and conditioner, they don't respect the people., Someone from the front desk knock my door at 2:45 am, to see if someone is there, them 3:00 am they call me and said why I have this room if this room supposed to be empty, I said I don't know, let me sleep plz, and a lot of more., I don't know if use again booking .

Sorry I hate to say that, but this is worse hotel I ever been before, why booking offer Motel 6 , please respect the people and valued your customers.

No fridge, no coffee maker, no hair dryer, no tissue box. This is 2018 and those are basics you find at most similarly priced hotels in Orlando (particularly when your vending machine charges $2 for a water bottle). Only one elevator for the whole building; it went on the fritz on Sunday and had a sign that said would not be repaired until Wednesday.

Room was very clean. Bed was comfortable. Location was excellent. Staff was friendly and helpful.

liked everything about the place was close to all stores, Universal Studios, Fun Spot we had a very good time and the front desk lady Mrs. Jean was very helpful throw are stay had the answers to all are Question and if she did not would look them up she was very friendly & polite to all .

The people with the smelly pets that they refuse to pick up after in the gardens outside. Watch where you step

The place was great and I always seem to get the best customer service from James at the front desk and Patrice when she is there also at the front desk. They are both very helpful and knowledgeable about the rooms, service and any issues you may have. I usually stay when working for companies in the area but now i go just to get away. Great place now, give it a try.

• Double Room - Disability Access

During our 1 night stay our door lock was forced twice during the night. When we told this to hotel personnel when we were checking out they couldnt care less. Not a very secure place for women to stay.

Front desk associates and housekeeping staff. The staff did not communicate and the housekeeping walked in on me while i was taking a shower naked.

the staff was extremely un-accomidating and did not even warmly greet guests. They were rude, especially Patrice who worked at the front desk. The room keys never work and she had an attitude when the keys had to be re-made.I would never return again!!!

Everything room was very small and employees were very rude. when we asked for towels or blankets they told us we didnt have any. and front morning desk employee was rude when we asked for anything.

• Standard Queen Room

The entire hotel smelled of cigarettes and marijuana. The booking website advertised the room having a king size bed but all of the rooms have a double size bed. After checking in and having my room moved further away from smoking rooms, the smell was still so strong, I just left and lost out on the money I spent for the room. I went to a Wyndham hotel a mile away for the same price as motel 6. Lesson learned.

Nothing. I actually left because it was unbearable to stay overnight.

• Double Room - Disability Access

The room looked like a college dorm, no carpets, no dresser drawers for clothes, noisy, had to leave an Id to use the iron, we would never stay there again.

The staff was nice

The coffee tasted terrible but luckily there was an IHop and a walking distance, got to pay extra for WIFI

Room was small but comfy, its location was great...near to almost everything around International Dr. and a great shopping mall. Great in accepting pets at no additional charge

• Double Room - Disability Access

"Access.Rm" bk'd WELL in advance, but ck-in limited to "only" 1 avail on 3rd Flr. HATE 3rd Flr as in past. Very frightening if elevator goes out of service. And 3rd Fl Hall always smells of stale cigarettes, supposed to be non-smoking. Very long & painful walk fm access.pking spaces, up elevator & then to far-end of long stinky Hall to "only" Access.Rm available. Mattress lumpy too. Doubt I'll return here.

Staff is prof. & always polite. Very clean rooms.

The pool was very dirty

It was a short walk away from everything and the staff was very friendly. Although the maids were very pushy and wouldn't take no for an answer.

The thin walls were AWFUL. If your neighbor has the tv on you can hear it. The first night guys next to us were up for hours from 1am-3am and in turn I was up for hours and went to the park exhausted the next day. Second night there were teenage girls in the other neighboring room. I recorded a video from the opposite side of the room and you could make out every word they said (so I heard all about phone and boy problems until I went and knocked on their door) I think they were just being teenage girls, and maybe a little louder than they should have but had the walls been like most hotels I do not think it would have been near an issue.

It was perfect to just sleep and hit the parks.

• Standard Queen Room

As I said before , everything is wrong with this place , the employees are shift standing there not a single one seem to cared about anything at all, THE STENCH OF CIGARETTES AND WEED, YES WEED can be smelled throughout the entire building , very very unpleasant and disgusting to say the least , I would not recommend nor would I ever stay again !

Nothing at all I specifically ask for a non smoking room and the stench of cigarette and weed , yes weed could be smelled throughout the entire building , there were no smoking signs everywhere but no body cared . The tv remote worked only once and it would deprogrammed itself , a horrible and very disgusting place I would not recommend nor would I stay again ever!

The smell in the room and corridor. You have to pay to get the wifi.

the location with universal park. You can go by walk. The check in, the woman was really friendly. She did a great job.

Very very bad sound barrier. Didn’t sleep at all because I could hear people’s tv in every room and people talking all night. Super disruptive when your trying to sleep. I had to put headphones on my son and I to try and go to bed. Our next day was ruined because we were sooo tired

• Standard Queen Room

The smell of The Who facility including room,elevator is a bit scary, bed had cheap thin linens full of hair. Window wouldn’t open all the way.

The trash cans in front and in the back of the hotel we’re completeyl full of trash so I couldn’t throw away a bottle of water without it sliding off the trash into the floor. We could here the person in the room next to us talking on his phone as if he was inside our room. We could here the people walking above us as if they were walking inside our room. The floors were a wood laminate, maybe that’s why?

I didn't like the dog that was left alone in the room two doors down and barked every time anybody walked by. Wish I had a Motel 6 rewards card.

I loved the location, very clean, very new, and I could park close to my car. Everybody was so helpful. I only come once a year but will stay there next March

The dogs barking next to me was my only problem but the lady was really nice and understanding when I told her if she could please take them outside for a bit to quite down since my two year old was sleeping.

EVERYTHING!!

NOTHING AT ALL TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE HORROR PROSTITUTION AND DRUG DEALERS OUTSIDE MY DOOR. SEX STAINS ON OUT BEDDING AND AIR CONDITIONING WAS CLOGGED WITH SLIME WHEN I ASKED FOR THESE THINGS TO BE FIXED I WAS TOLD "I can't do anything I'm here alone till 11 pm". I then asked for my money back this once semi nice person became very rude and was on the phone with her manager talking her manager into NOT giving me a refund saying "she had her 10 min she checked in at 8:39 it's now 8:54 and i'm not gonna be able to rerent the room". I REMINDED her that my husband is sick with end stage renal failure and is newly blind and has balance issues and can't walk fast and she put us in a top floor with no elevator and the furthest away from the stairs and i called her the moment e walked into the room but these things weren't told to the manager and i was told i can talk to the manager in the morning she's out to dinner with her family and after calling the cops to try to get my money back and being told i have to take them to court and it will cost more to do that then to just lose my $100.00 i then had a knock on the door and it was 3 sheriffs and i was told i threatened this woman and i was being trespassed from the property so i needed to pack my things and leave immediately she lied and got to keep our money anyway welcome to Florida!!!! NEVER EVER EVER have i been treated so poorly and on top of all that i dropped my wallet carrying our money to get us into a house or an apartment so we now are staying in a really nice resort that thankfully i prepaid for and we have to be out on mon 4/23/18. Not sure what's next but god willing we will figure something out!!!!!!👎🏽👎🏽☹️😢

The fact there was one ice machine in the lobby.

Its truly the basics. There are no extras here. If you're a backpack person not looking for real comfort then this is your place.

• Double Room - Disability Access

It was not clean. The walls were so thin you could hear the toilet flush in the next room. Also there was loud music playing at 2 in the morning.

Smelt of cigarette smoke in non smoking room we were given, smelt of marijuana all over facility, bedroom was gross. Was under expectation of queen bed for my wife and I and we got two twins. Bathroom was dirty, toilet seat was stained, beds were uncomfortable, and had no fridge for our food from restaurants we ventured. Very unsatisfactory experience.

Nothing. Didn’t meet any expectations other than location.

The beds were firm which was painful on my hips being a side sleeper.

The location was close to Universal and numerous restaurants. While the bathroom was a little small, they used great use of space in the design. The front desk staff was very friendly and they offer a military discount which saved some of the cost of taxes in FL.

The room next to us was obviously full of loud girls who brought a small dog with The Who barked non stop. They left the room for the evening and went out for hours, and left the dog to bark for hours. We called the office who said they would call the room but there was obviously no one there to answer the phone. My husband went outside and slept in our vehicle. Our two night stay turned into one, we checked out the next morning. After driving 2 1/2 hrs to get up early and go to Universal it was very disappointing. Spent the next day at Universal exhausted.

The room was fine and the location was good.

• Standard Queen Room

Booking.com claimed they had a king bed in the tyoe if room I booked, but this motel 6 does not have king beds in any room.

It was very clean! And the customer service was fantastic!

Theres nothing I can truly say I didnt like.Ama

I have stayed in this Motel 6 once before and I loved it then and love it now. They definitely improved their rooms and remodeled them. The rooms were always clean, beds made, and exra towels in my room each time I returned from my day out. Tbe location is amazing.....everything so close Disny, Universal, places ro eat and shop.

No Refrigerator, no hair dryer in room, no closet, really tiny room, sticky floors, there are better hotels for the same price, however the location is unbeatable

The beds need box springs, not just a platform. Because of this, the bed is uncomfortably hard - made for ill sleeping. The people on both sides of us were noisy all night while trying to sleep. Had to reactivate our key cards every day.

The housekeepers were very helpful & friendly. The staff at the counter were also friendly. The room was clean and there was plenty of space for my husband, our teenaged daugter and I.

many steps, flushes and all kind of noises could be heard during the entire night. A cockroach was found in the room.

The location is really good but that’s it.

The housekeeping was very loud slamming doors, yelling in the hallway, could've had microwave and little fridge in room without extra cost

Easy access to attractions and restaurants and clean

The room was right next to the housekeeping room, so all through the night I was woken by slamming doors and lots of noise. The whole building and elevator smelled like weed smoke, which is not a huge deal, but I had children with me so I had to explain it away.

Love the modern style of the room. Friendly staff.

We felt unsafe. There were sketchy looking people inside and outside the building. It was incredibly noisy throughout the night- the people in the neighbouring rooms were coming and going a lot, slamming doors, talking loud in the hallways. My son and I did not get to sleep until after 3am.

The lady at the front desk was lovely.

No wi-fi, no fridge or microwave! You have to pay extra for it. Too pricey for just a bed and TV! Water pressure in the shower and sink was weak. The bathroom and towels were dirty, stained and had hair.

False advertisement. No microwave, no refrig, walking to front desk to give id to hold iron , iron board. Unacceptable. Noise from upstairs . I feel for a price like this is should be breakfast.

It was nothing I liked about my stay.

The customer service was nothing to write home about. I reserved the first floor, but on getting on there I was given the 2nd floor with no microwave, no fridge, with the room reeking of smoke even though I booked non-smoking room, sink not draining. After complaining, I was moved to the third floor where residents smoked weed, made noise, and continuous loud barking dog disturbed peace. One of them asking my wife if she had a lighter. Returned with my family from an outing and was unable to get in with my card. The room was not cleaned the entire 1 week we were there. It was quite a disappointment.

The location is great

All night you hear the flush of the baths and the elevator. A lot of noise. Very expensive for what it offers.

It is 25 minutes walking to Universal Studios.

Hispanic make front desk worker very rude. Not enough towels provided

The ladies at the front desk was nice. Hispanic make front desk worker very rude.

I booked the room with one big bed, but I got the room with 2 small beds. And the front desk can't change us to a new one during the 3 days stay. Feel bad.

Clean and good restroom

The marijuana stench in the hallway. I read, "The walls are like paper." It was like the walls didn't exist. The next room I heard every conversation as if I was a part of it. The woman was playing music on her phone at a reasonable level and had the rooms been built properly. It kept me up for a while.

It was located close to where I needed to be.

It was all good

Great welcoming staff with a great sense of humor. They were nice and Curtious they greeted us everytime we walked in the lobby.The lady gave us pamflets to order food.

I bought access to basic Wifi at the Motel which didn't always work all of the time, but they did have faster access for a higher price.

Nice basic hotel within easy walking distance of the Universal Resort. Also Seaworld can be reached by bus, and Busch Gardens via Mears coach from Universal. Disney was just an Uber away. All of International Drive on your doorstep too! The reception staff were excellent and very friendly. Check-in was easy, and there were snacks and drinks in vending machines beside the reception area. Also free coffee in the morning! It was also nice to be in a Motel that didn't have the room doors on the outside, being inside in hotel corridors felt much safer! I will definitely consider staying here again when I return to Orlando, and I certainly will be returning soon!!! :-D

We found a couple of towels and bed sheets with some hair on them. Nonetheless the room is kept clean. You could miss somewhere to have breakfast; however it is nice that in the morning the coffee is available at the hall. Finally I think that the price for the wi-fi connection is a little bit too high.

• Queen Room

The halls were not cleaned. Exit door across from our room was very noisy.

Room at end of hall, non-smoking, expected to be quiet. Room was clean and comfortable.

I was placed in a room for smokers. I had to purchase smoke eliminating air freshener and other electrical/air fresheners. Hallways were dirty and the place spelled of smoke. Found a roach crawling on the wall. The latch on the door was broken and it took them 2 days to fix it.

Liked location.

I will never stay at another motel 6 again...The room wreaked of a moldy smell from the AC unit, walking in it would take your breath away. The sheets and blankets in the bed were full of burn spots from cigarettes. The beds were hard as a rock. I had to change the smoke alarm battery myself because it beeped every 30 seconds. Our next door neighbors partied the whole time with marijuana smoke pouring out into the hallway and the door that joined our rooms. Nothing was done after complaining. The only thing this hotel has going for them is the staff.

The staff is the only thing going for this hotel.

• Standard Queen Room

The junkies and prostitutes walking on the property and obvious homeless families staying at the property. I had my daughter and she’s not sheltered but I had to answer some uncomfortable questions. The elevator and rooms stank like smoke and I stayed in a non smoking room. There was pubic hair on my sheets I am not sure if they were washed. I just felt sad in my hotel room.

The staff was fantastic.

The hotel was very dirty. Immediately upon walking in, the smell of marijuana and cigarettes was strong. The elevator floors were filthy, the room looked like it hadn't been cleaned at all - the sink was dirty and the sheets were full of hair. The sheets and bedding were so bad we stripped the beds and checked for bed bugs. We asked for two sets of clean sheets because both mattresses were filthy. One smelled strongly like a wet dog/stale urine, the other had a blood stain you could see through the white sheets. Both of these mattresses should have been thrown out long ago. We couldn't switch rooms because they were full. There were people loitering around the hotel building and it felt unsafe, I was worried about my truck being broken in to. There was no continental breakfast as advertised (not that we would have eaten it anyway after seeing the condition of the hotel). The hallways were dirty and needed to be cleaned and vacuumed. We found a live roach in the bathroom. It was so dirty we didn't even want to shower there, and we wouldn't go barefoot in the room because it felt unclean. No matter how good the price or proximity to the hotel, this is a place no one should stay until they decided to have common cleanliness. Also, we found it strange that there were no "Do Not Disturb" signs to put on the door while we were gone. You had to ask the desk to avoid your room. I would not recommend.

The hotel is in close proximity to the theme park, but the surrounding area felt unsafe.

The elevator takes forever lol

I loved the staff they were all very friendly. The room was clean. The hotel was quiet. I never had any complaints my 8 nights staying here. I'm. Actually booking another 2 weeks because my apartment still isn't ready. Wonderful hotel. I will stay again if needed

The room had no storage/closet to put clothes away or hang them up. It was fine if all you were doing was sleeping there. Not a place to hang out in. We had a leaky toilet and some other leak into the room. Since it was full we had to stay in that room overnight (gave a small refund) and we were supposed to get a new room the next day. When we arrived back in the evening they gave us the same room saying it had been repaired. When we arrived at the room it had not been made up (beds unmade, used towels laying around) and the toilet had been worked on but the caulking that had been scraped away we still on the floor and no new caulking had been put around the toilet. We were then given a new room and another discount All was good there. The second night in the new room, we had to ask for new towels as the used ones had been taken away and not replaced. They also charged for WiFi.

The motel is in a great location, minutes from Universal, restaurants, stores, other amusement activities, right off of International Dr. The room was fine but small. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean. All in all the room was fine for what we needed, just sleep, and the location was great. I would stay here again even with the issues noted. The cost of the room was very good.

You heard every word in a normal voice conversations in the next room or outside the door. No luggage room :( which is quite bad for a place in orlando where not all tourists rent a car.

Close to International drive, bus stops, restaurants and shopping

No microwave or refrigerator unless you upgrade your room. Also I am not sure if I was under stairs but there was noise above my room all night long that kept me up.

This hotel is in a great location as it was so close to universal Orlando. It was very well priced considering the location.

The manager is rude and not pleasant. She disciplined her staff in front of guests, trying to be a showboat. She was rude to myself and my children on our trip. I told her previously that my room had a couple of roaches, she said she would switch my room and never reached out to me again, I had to go to the lobby and make my own switch. There is no microwave or refrigerator in the rooms. You have to pay for WiFi and in order to get good WiFi you have to pay for the more expensive WiFi. They lost a great deal of staff, so they could take the whole day to get you towels. The walls are thin and you can hear everything. We heard guests fighting and guests having sex.

I liked some of the staff, they were very nice and professional. I liked the location and they did their best to keep the facility clean. Clean facility

• Queen Room

I booked a regular room at motel 6. I got to the hotel at about 20min.past check-in. My room was not ready so, they put me in #302 (handicap accessible room). The floor is greasy, There was a dog barking half the night, I have never been in a room that was so poorly designed;I could hear the neighbors whole conversation. No sleep, cant hear tv, no fridge, no microwave, no iron board, no WiFi, no hair dryer. Horrible room & this is where you would put a handicap person...god help em!There is nothing wrong with the hotel, just this room.

Shower has bench.

• Standard Queen Room

Easy checkin and very friendly and caring staff. Patrice was excellent. She is what customer service is all about!! The room was clean and comfortable. Plenty of dining and shopping within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Standard Queen Room

The only toiletry they offer is bar soap that leaves your skin palpably sticky- no shampoo, no lotion. The bed felt like you were sleeping on box springs, absolutely horrid. The cleaning staff don't change your linens, even if visibly soiled.

The staff were incredibly friendly, if only the place was half as amazing as the staff at the counter. The bathtub/shower was amazing. Handles and a seat for putting your leg on/sitting were all perfectly positioned for intimate relations.

J.W., our staff at check in was rude, unhelpful and down right nasty! Our room was not ready when we arrived with my 15 year old son's birthday party (9 teens, 3 adults), even though staff at the hotel had confirmed it would be ready for us by 11am (we arrived at noon). He wouldn'd even check and then had the audacity to ask us to stand over by the tables (there were not chairs available) because we were crowding his desk (there were no other people in the lobby the entire time we were there waiting! Finally a different employee went to check on the rooms and got them ready in no time. JW spent more time arguing than the other girl took to get the rooms ready! The pool is clean, but very small and not heated. Rooms are basic. Booking.com said there would be a microwave, mini fridge and blow dryer in every room, there is not. When we complained the manager told us it was a mistake on the part of booking.com and they have been told about it...when I checked their website, they no longer list these as included although they did at the time I booked the rooms. They also said we would have a continental breakfast, there is none. This was a huge issue for a group of our size and meant we had to purchase extra meals we hadn't counted on. When I checked the booking.com website, the free breakfast is also no longer listed as a amenity. The hotel is pet friendly and dogs were everywhere, but it was very clean and we were not bothered by this. Walls are thin, neighbors are loud and many folks seem to live there. Three towels are provided in each 4 person room, but when we asked for more they cheerfully gave them to us. They also do not provide soap, shampoo or conditioner.

We had 3 rooms for my son's 15th birthday celebration. The location was wonderful and the hotel was very clean. Most staff was very nice, especially Miss Precious and Mrs. Patrice, who got us extra towels, hot water for cocoa and let us use the lobby for a birthday celebration. Parking was easy to access and well lit.

No free wifi. They forgot to take the trash out and make beds one day. No room cleaning at all. There were little cockroaches in the room. No hair dryer in the room. Need to borrow it with limited number of hair dryer (only 2). No shampoo. No coffee maker in the room. The housekeeping is not standardized. Someday they gave new soap, someday they didn't. Someday they gave new cups, someday they didn't. They longer you stay, the dirtier the room will get because there is no room cleaning at all. The walking path to restaurants

Room was new with new bathroom and toilet. Bed was comfy. Walking distance to Walgreens, iHOP, 7-11, and Red Lobsters. Most of the staffs were very nice and helpful.

• Queen Room

No changing linen and no room cleaning in 4 days . Towels in a minimum quantity and sometimes not even for one . You should ask for extra . Internet charges 3,19 dollars a 24 hrs

The receptionist was mean, unkind, rough and not helpfull. Everything looked good until we found a cockroach in between the towels in the bathroom.. tell me.. how after that would we want to shower?

The location and good bed.

The cleaning could be a little bit better, there was some minor dust in the bedroom (enough to start an allergy fit). Also there was a lack of "do not disturb" sign in the bedroom, which could have been more helpful when the housekeepers started banging on the door and waking us up before check out time.

Nice location, close to Universal, restaurants and main roads. There's a 7 Eleven within walking distance and a Denny's across the motel and malls five to ten minutes away.

The room has a door in the middle that makes you able to go to the next room in case you booked two rooms. In my case this door cause a lot of issues for me. Having a door in the middle of my room reduces the isolation and the makes the noise much higher than the noise in usual hotel or motel rooms. Everything was done in the next room we were aware of all chating, laughing, Tv sound throughout the night. One of the nights, I had less sleep because of the extreme noise from the next room.

The location and flexable and friendly staff and housekeeper

I do loved that you can have 2 pets per room hard to find in other place and also for free, location it's perfect , extremely close to the parks! If you are going just to sleep and have your pets this place is your place!

I Love staying at motel 6. I stay at motel 6 at least 2 to 3 Times a month... There staff is always friendly and welcoming... the rooms are always clean and smell nice... I would recommend motel 6 on international drive to everyone...

There is no microwaves or refrigerators, and you have to pay for Wifi.. Horrible having to pay for Wifi..

The room was clean and comfortable, the staff are very friendly.

Extremely poor facility. Did not provide clean sheets for bed on all days Did not provide towels or remove trash for 2 days of the stay. Also we called prior to making the trip about facilities, and were lied to

I did not like the fact that we had to pay for wifi, it became expensive.

I like how clean the rooms were and how polite the staff was. One room had roaches, but we were immediately switched to another room, that was exceptional.

• Room Selected at Check-In

On my second week it seemed that someone was stabbed or somehow cut because there was blood from the second floor all the way downstairs through the back exit and down the side of the building.

There was a soda machine on our floor and didn't have to walk far for that. The lady at the desk when I checked in was SUPER nice. I really appreciated that.

The whole place smells like cockroaches. I was not surprised when I found couple of them in the toilet. The room is not clean, floors are sticky plus the smell. A little bit disgusting to be honest. I put the towels on the floor to able to walk on it. I found a used soap in the shower (not surprising). The cleaning people are not doing their job probably. And you do not have the option for them not to come into your room (hotel policy)!!!!!!!! They do not have “do not disturb” sign in the room. And when I contacted the reception telling them I cleaned my room myself and I don’t need housekeeping. Their reply was they have to come in the rooms. It’s their policy!!! For some reason the people staying in this motel are laud day and night. I stayed during my visit to the US. I traveled all east and west coasts and the is the far worst place I stayed in. I really wish the motel management read my comment and try to do something about it.

Location is 10mins drive to universals. Close by restaurants and shops.