Reviews of Motel 6 Palm Springs Downtown 2 stars

660 South Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92264, USA

#51 of 69 hotels in Palm Springs

My stay was Fantabulous!
    • Standard Queen Room

I liked the location (close to the center of town), the property is well maintained, well lit at night, ample parking, the rooms are modern and CLEAN!!! The staff was great and on point! Thank you for a great stay!

Nice clean well appointed room for our overnight stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Coming from the UK and not being able to use our normal cellphone allowances we rely on the internet to keep in touch with those back home. The WiFi in our room by the pool was non existent so I paid for the upgrade and that didn’t work either (cost was refunded without any drama). We had to rely on local restaurant free WiFi to communicate home. A safe in the room would be welcome to lock away important documents and passports that overseas visitors carry. Yes they can be left at reception but the risk is leaving in the morning without them.

Nice clean well appointed room for our overnight stay.

Staff were friendly and rooms pretty clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff were friendly and rooms pretty clean. Ice machine on site as well as a swimming pool. Coffee pots were available until about 11am so that was decent.

Good Momo, Shady peeps
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Warning; there are shady people that stay there. A transient was getting her azz beat n the room next to us. Sounded like she was getting murdered. The manager handled it well but it was very unpleasant.

Friendly staff. Big room.

Visit for Palm Springs Shortfest
    • Standard Queen Room

Some guests can get rowdy.One morning,one fellow woke me up banging on his door,because his pal locked him out.

Location of motel near Palm Springs downtown district.Transit stop two blocks over,easy to find.

Seems clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The wifi was ... the worse I have never seen. One room stunk smoke and was said "non smoking". I had to move. No coffea.

Seems clean. Rather good equipment. Parking. Sweeming pool rather ok. Good location.

Cheap and convenient, but go elsewhere for fun getaway weekend.
    • Standard Queen Room

People were smoking throughout the property and in the hallways. Beds were OK. Pool has no shade whatsoever so we didn't even bother using.

Cheap, good location to get to main street of Palm Springs.

I will NEVER give my business to this motel 6 again!

Love the Motel. I have been staying there for family vacations for over 20 + yrs. I have always booked through Booking.com as you can pay at the property when you arrive. The last two reservations I've made were cancelled by the property prior to my arrival because the credit card I used to make the reservation was being charged by the property and did not have the entire amount of my stay on it. I always use my credit card to make my reservation and then I pay cash upon arrival at the property. I use Booking.com for that convenience of not having to pay by credit card up front but this property has cancelled my reservation twice now and I will never give them my business again!!

Nice getaway for the weekend.
    • Standard Queen Room

Mattress, pets allowed, no refrigerator, only one area by front desk where you can get ice, microwave use and vending machines.

Location, motel was big, nice pool area, plenty of parking, room set up, padded seating area for one, small table n chair, the pillows!

Pretty scummy, allows pets
    • Standard Queen Room

Stains on everything. Tiny low shower head(over six foot hubby) with low pressure. No shampoo. Broken tv. Security guard at near by fast food said there was a large homeless encampment nearby so expect to be approached for money and food.. can be an issue with a dog. I’d think you get what you pay for but we traveled on a holiday weekend so it was pretty expensive.. might be cheaper otherwise

We brought our dog no problem but the staff was a little unorganized and we had to ask several times for them not to enter with the dog.

The property location is great and with free parking .
    • Standard Queen Room

The internet was very slow at times which wouldn’t be a problem if you didn’t have to pay extra for the service ...

The property location is great and with free parking . The staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly , even a phone call from the front desk asking if everything was ok with the room ... Very clean room and very clean motel, the parking the whole area clean...

Our stay was just O.K. We would not go back.

The non-smoking rooms smelled like smoking rooms The floors were dirty especially under the beds. The shower levers were stuck . You practically broke your fingers trying to turn the shower head on. The beds were very uncomfortable, the sheets they used were very thin and scratchy. No coffee maker in rooms or coffee up front.

The location was close to everthing. I thought the front desk girls were friendly and super helpful :) Plenty of parking in the back where I was able to park my families motorhome

Close to town but watch your belongings
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

I had left a pair of slacks accidentally and asked about them 3 weeks later but they weren't in the lost and found. Also my car was entered into and ransacked during the night in their parking lot. Also I was charged more than the price on booking.com

Close to town but watch your belongings

Decent for the price. But I’m just going to fork out the extra money next time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Refrigerator

Paid WiFi? You can’t just buy it on your own either. You have to do it at the front desk. They will give you a code to set it up. But then I guess you don’t have the $25 resort fee you get at the other hotels. The only had BAR soap for the shower. The air conditioning was so loud it was hard to sleep with that noise along with hearing the noisy people above me stomping around all night.

Close to downtown

Roaches.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Overnight employee. Extremely rude and disrespectful.

If people aren't good around other people, why work in customer service? All their staff should be retrained.

It was a good room for an overnight that allowed me to work comfortably.
    • Standard Queen Room

I think the room, including the bathroom, could use some updating as it was looking a little worn. Ice machines are on ground floor only, so it is a good walk from the upper floors. Having to pay 2.99 for wifi was annoying, plus you have to pay for it at the desk. Online payment would have lessened the inconvenience. There was some trash in bushes outside rooms.

The price for the room was great. The room was clean, maybe a little worn, but I only needed a room for one night due to flight cancellation. I was able to work comfortably. There are enough shops nearby to get something to eat or drink.

Had a great time
    • Standard Queen Room

I didn’t like the dirty towels in Motel 6 as I enter the room they were rolled up and didn’t get inspected

I liked that it was walking distance to restaurants and nightlife

Good location, pool very good for cost of hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

WiFi was rubbish, cost extra which would be fair enough if it was decent. Very slow and could only use one device at a time.

Good location, pool very good for cost of hotel.

Ok for a one night stay, don't expect it to be clean.
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

The bed was dirty, it seemed as if the linens haven't been changed before our arrival. There was a lot of hair on the linens and they were not ironed. For the price we paid, you'd expect a clean bed! There was also hair in the bathroom and the bathroom wasn't very clean.

The location was good and quiet, the pool and the coffee in the morning were great

Reasonable accommodation a short walk from downtown.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was rather gloomy. The fixed shower head at chest height made showering a little awkward. No shower gel or shampoo was provided. I had to pay extra for WiFi. The walk-in room rate was lower than I paid on booking.com.

Good location - not quite "downtown", as the motel's name suggests, but only about 15 minutes' walk away. Plenty of parking. The front desk staff were welcoming and helpful. Good WiFi. Good value for money. There's a 24-hour drugstore/grocery store a couple of blocks away.

Don’t stay here unless you smoke.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room reeked of cigarette smoke & disinfectant (not clean smell, overwhelming). There were long black hairs in the bathtub, all over the towels, and in the bed. Bed was a cheap mattress on a platform. Maybe fine for young children, but not at all for adults.

Walking distance to shopping, Zelda’s nightclub, and Woodys Palm House. The pool area was small, but nice. Facility was quiet at night. The front desk employee was very nice & friendly!

Great location. Economical.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The extra charge for wifi and being able to use only one device at a time. I dislike that feature.

Great location. Friendly and helpful staff. Free parking. Bed was comfortable.

I had a great stay in your hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room

There's no fridge in the room. But the stay was great.

The hotel is great, and situated in the downtown area. So this means you can walk to whatever you'd like. There are a number of homeless in the area, but this is due to being warm weather California.

Motel 6 is budget but likeable

Snotty, superior attitude from young check-in clerk. Motel 6 has a problem processing UK issued Visa cards but this guy behaved like we were tramps. Then allocated us the wrong reservation so charged us twice

Location good. Easy walk to downtown and Starbucks next door for first cup of day

Great value with great location.
    • Standard Queen Room

Elevators, outside stairs and some sidewalks could use a cleaning/power spraying.

Extremely clean room and pool/spa. Well-maintained room with the most comfortable bed I've experienced in a long time; excellent. Appreciate complimentary morning coffee available.

This motel was clean, friendly and convenient.
    • Standard Queen Room

I wish check out time was later than noon.

The room looked as if it were recently redone. The location was excellent as it was close to the bars and restaurants.

• Standard Room - Disability Access

Water from shower (accessible room) went all over the entire bathroom floor. Young lady at checkout was very interested and sincere about informing management. Great attitude!!

The location is good, in the downtown.
    • Standard Queen Room

The coffee is not good. At least for europeans.

The location is good, in the downtown. The room was clean, the bed comfortable. There is no breakfast option from the property, but there is a Starbucks nearby. The pool was clean and nice.

The location is excellent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location is excellent. The accommodations were more than adequate. Guests are encouraged to choose from many breakfast venues in Palm Springs...a good thing.

Great value for last minute. Close to everything.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pet friendly. A quick overnight for a friends birthday and last minute decision making, great value. Some things could be improved. Bed was pretty comfy. I would bring your own towels.

Easy walk to the huge variety of eating establishments...
    • Standard Queen Room

Disappointing no fridge or tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

Easy walk to the huge variety of eating establishments available in Palm Springs.

Quiet, relaxing - I get no blow dryers, but you should invest in little bottles of shampoo!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Front desk wasn't very good at directions so I took out my own Google maps and found spots

Location to restaurants and a ility to walk to downtown easily.

I will not be back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not enough towels, shower had black hairs also on bath mat. It was very noisy with loud tv's and people opening car doors and slamming them shut, loud talking. Got about two hours sleep. I would not recommend to anybody.

Nothing. The location was good, thats all that I can say.

The location was good.
    • Standard Queen Room

I thought the quality of the room was poor for the price. Bed was uncomfortable, room not equipped with hair dryer / fridge, the room had an odd smell to it and the wifi was terrible. Was already concerning that attached to the wifi card on check-in was already a phone number for assistance. I spent about 40 minutes on the phone with the wifi help center and still remained unable to connect. Front desk was accommodating and did not charge me. I know palm springs is an expensive area, but I would have rather spent just a bit more money in exchange for way better quality for my vaca.

The location was good.

Place was run down but location was good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very disappointing.. the place is quite run down. Also, I had WiFi problems (paying $5/day for the best connection). I called the support number on the ticket and, after about 1/2 hour discussions, found out it was a wrong number. Got another number to call, which also turned out to be a wrong number. Talked to front desk and was informed that the WiFi was out for everyone due to the rain (!!!). Was told to try again tomorrow... also, amazed that room had no fridge or radio (bare bones!)

The location was great... easy walk to downtown Palm Springs and on major bus routes

Fine, expensive.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The non-smoking room smelled like smoke, as if they had tried to remove the smell or shared central air with other smoking rooms. The air conditioner made a rattling sound, though it didn't keep my up.

Disappointing unwelcoming experiencing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

* Unfortunately, there were several things I didn't quite like. I was traveling with my son to attend the BNP Paribas Open and figured that all I needed was a clean place to sleep. No need for a pool or other amenities, as we wouldn't be spending much time at the hotel anyways. Unfortunately, I found myself in the position of having to send out some resumes and found out that there was an extra charge for Wifi. For the amount of money I paid, I expect Wifi to be included. After all, this IS the 21st century and the cost of Wifi for the hotel is negligible. To charge for it, feels very unwelcoming. When I inquired about it at the front desk I was met with a "I-don't-get-paid-enough-to-care" attitude and the person who looked like he could be the manager, ran away into the side room. * The bed spreads had (what looked like) grease stains on them. * The air conditioning is very loud - comparable to the extraction fan in the bathroom. * No shower gels/shampoo/conditioner/hair dryer

The motel is located in downtown Palm Springs, very conveniently located to local businesses and restaurants. One could walk, but taking the car and parking closer to the cozy downtown area is probably the way to go.

Very basic
    • Standard Queen Room

Rooms looked a bit cheap. Beds were not very comfortable. No wifi included in the price. I had bites of bed bugs the day I checked out.

Staff was friendly. Location was good. They answered my emails very quick.

Enjoyed it. Not perfect or 4 - star. Suited my needs.
    • Two Full Beds with Kitchenette

At the edge of town - it seemed to be a bit sketchy. I wouldn't recommend for single women in my family, but it was fine for me.

Proximity to Palm Springs

I enjoyed my stay it was in a great location but the rooms were pretty small.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were real small

It was in a great location, staff was nice and front desk gave us some good info on how to get around Palm springs. The rooms were real small beds to close together. good for 1 or 2 people.

Good value for the price.
    • Standard Queen Room

Going down to get coffee in the morning. No door on "dressing" room part of the bathroom.

WHAT croissants?? Never saw one. Had to go down to lobby to get morning coffee. Like the location to downtown Palm Springs and the price.

Sleepless in palm springs
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff n supervisor very unprofesional kick me out bcuz of someone i said hello to which i thought it wad another person staying there and ofcourse they blame me for her being loud n disrepctful but i was not even around when all this happen i was in my room sleeping that dont seem fair n so i had one very cold night because i slept in car n the weather was very super cold

Great motel, in the center of Palm Springs. Lovely, friendly staff and a great night's sleep!
    • Standard Queen Room

Personally I would have liked a shower gel instead of the old-fashioned soap bar, but otherwise no negatives, whatsoever!

Perfect motel, downtown and close to restaurants and bars. Room had a 70's feel in a modern way. Very clean and well kept. Really appreciated the efficiency and care shown by the staff. Felt very comfortable at this motel. Plenty of parking available and although I didn't use it there's a pool and hot tub for guests also. Will gladly recommend this motel to anyone!!

They let me check in early, after my train came into town...
    • Standard Queen Room

They let me check in early, after my train came into town crazy early, so that I would have to carry my luggage all over town! You have no idea how much I appreciate this! Thank you so much!

Very nice except for the cost
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The price increases because of an event in town, i understand seasonal but this was ridiculous.

You shouldn't have to pay for wi fi especially when your room cost you over $100 Dollar's a night.

Informed room was just cleaned and it was just one night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

If your not a smoker this location is not for you. The scent of cigarettes is from the office to your room. Even if you have a non-smoking room, guest still smoke outside. Sheets on the bed were not cleaned. Looked as though they were slept in and had pubic hair. Room I was in costed less than Booking.com. Due to business agreement with Booking.com I had to pay higher price (approx $30.00 more).

Location is easily accessible to downtown Palm Springs--walking and driving.

Well located and what we expected
    • Standard Queen Room

Pastry or cookie with morning coffee. Internet charge included in price

Well equipped room and bathroom. Basic but more than adequate. Friendly staff.

Disappointed but OK.
    • Two Full Beds with Kitchenette

If you just wanna find a place to stay in Palm Spring, maybe it will be a good choice. But if you are on vacation, I don’ t really recommend it. By the way, the room doesn’t have what it is called ‘kitchenet.’

A nice place to stay but not in good value. Actually, it’s not worth to how it costs. The room is really small and you almost could spot the inner room from the outside.

Nothing just the location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirty place. The room was filthy sheets,lots of hair very old bed wearing , dusty room and looks like cheep motel , homeless walking by the driveways and trash around.

Nothing just the location

Bringing your pet to Palm Springs? Consider this place!
    • Two Full Beds with Kitchenette

The bed cover was a bit stained but otherwise clean - understandable since we assumed many pets sleep on the bed with their people. The only real downside was that there were only two small pillows for the bed. To be fair we didn't ask the front desk if they had extras. Bath towels were a little small and not on the softer side. Again, expected at a pet-friendly place, and this didn't bother us.

Being able to bring our dog with us was important, and that there was no extra cost for bringing her was outstanding. Tiled floors excellent for pets and cooler on the feet during hot Palm Springs weather. The location is perfect, just on the edge of downtown Palm Springs. Far enough to be quiet, close enough to walk to shops and restaurants. Friendly and honest staff.

Location , available pretty much anytime , like the entrance...
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

Poor lighting, water pressure is terrible needs fixing , need insulation from surrounding neighbors and upstairs. Walls too thins , no security on premise walking the grounds

Location , available pretty much anytime , like the entrance, large size bathroom

Great location in Downtown Palm Springs.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was located next to the elevator and stairs. It was a little noisy around 1:30-2:00 AM. Room price for the weekend was a little pricy for what was provided.

Room was very nice. Within walking distance to downtown venues.

Staff was very pleasant and welcoming..bed was comfy..nice no carpets.air conditioner needs cleaning
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Air conditioner smelled really moldy and set off bad allergic reaction...$175.00 for motel 6 For 1 person way to high..but 3 day weekend most places booked.

Staff was great..bed comfey..close to town..bathroom and non carpet floors very clean.

Spoilt by building work being carried out
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

The hotel was in the prossess of being updated we arrived to a building site and it was obvious that our room had only just been completed and seemed it had been prepared quickly to accomadate us on that day. We left early the next day which was just as well because the builders were on site early and had started work with no consideration for guests. Surely in would have been more practical to close down for the Hotel for a short while rather than to try to work around guests coming and going.

comfortable bed

It was okay. The staff was friendly and helpful. Clean room. Needs new towels. Good location.
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

The towels were thin and rough. The walls were thin so you could hear everything. My bathroom light was out and the internet was not reliable even though I paid for the 4.99 plan on a daily basis.

It was clean. Great location.

It’s was ok for the price. Just upset that we received a smoking room when asked for non smoking.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We asked for a non smoking room through booking.com and had two smoking rooms. The smell was aweful. Comforter was thin and felt like they weren’t washed.

Pets accepted

The most suitable for a romantic love night in Palm Springs.
    • Standard Queen Room

The air conditioning was not working so much just enough to be ok. The lights were poor. The towels looked not so clean. Missing air dryer.

Room was a little small for two persons but it was comfortable and clean. The swimming pool and the bathtub were amazing, hot even in January and relaxing. The location was just perfect, near the city center and all shops and restaurants.

Great Value for Money; Awesome Location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Folks smoke outside; most step away from building. Clientele is mixed, some "drifters" but legit travelers too. 45-year-old male here. Women traveling alone may not feel safe. mattress/pillows so-so.

Few times here. Best value for the money in Palm Springs. No pet fee; lots of friendly dogs about. Early check-in / late check-out possible. Location is great; Starbucks, downtown Palm Springs.

Not a good experience. I would not recommend. I will review on other sites as well, sorry

See above

Not much. Bed and pillows were uncomfortable. Floors were dirty. Said to be nonsmoking room, however there were ashes in the bathroom. Towels had cooked in masses of hair...yuk. towels were worn out. Hot water was hard to get.

Was OK, but "kitchenette" not worth the surcharge
    • Two Full Beds with Kitchenette

Room with "kitchenette" (priced 35% above standard room) simply had a fridge and a microwave in one corner of an already small standard room. No plates/cups/cutlery...

Friendly & helpful staff, short distances within hotel, escalators. Quiet at night.

Just don't.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Upon checking in the woman working concierge (the front desk manager) had told me that the non smoking room i booked a week in advance was not available and that smoking rooms were my only option. However, my friend who booked at the same time was not happy with his smoking room (because like ours there were burned holes in the sheets) and they moved him to a non smoking room on the second floor to accommodate. We were not given that option. The front desk manager lied to us.

I liked the location of the property and it's modernized decor.

Might try again
    • Standard Queen Room

I kep turning up the heat, but the room was freezing and the fan was loud. Having redone the rooms with flooring any noise above is no longer muffled and very loud at one in the morning when people check in late. The lights/power was out in the early morning .... Not sure why. Confusing as there are two motel sixes within a half mile of each other. Hard to find when it is dark.

Staff were friendly, parking accessible

The room was very basic and did not invite you to stay and linger any more than necessary.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were cold because the blankets were so thin. We ran the heater all night which made the air real dry. The soaps were not of any use since they were so small and of low quality. There were no tissues in the room. Found lots of hairs on the sheets when I turned down the blankets to climb into bed.

If you book ahead, you can get a nicer hotel for this price, but it wa fine for a last minute stay.
    • Standard Queen Room

Had to pay for WiFi, Bed not super comfortable. No shampoo/conditioner. Smallish room.

Clean. Close to downtown. Fairly quiet. Table for working at and space to hang clothes.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Today almost all hotels and motels provide free wifi, so it is surprising that you have to pay extra to get wifi at Motel 6. It feels a bit oldfashioned to charge 2.95 - 4.95 per day for wifi!

This motel is just what you expect when you check in at a Motel 6 except that they dont provide you with free wifi. The location is good with walking distance to the shops and restaurants in central Palm Springs.

Even though I had made the resevation it did not go to waste.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I have stayed there once and I was pleased with the way the staff arranged the room ( not the room itself) .

There was a individual who used the room reservation since I was unable to make my destination due to a transportation/ location issue.

Great location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Lower part of toilet was covered in vomit :((( Holes in blanket.

Awesome location with free parking! Pool ( a little cold) & jacuzzi were a nice bonus.

3.0
    I should have known...I got what I paid for....
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

floor was dirty. beds and pillows were uncomfortable/lumpy. hand towel had hair/fur in it. no shampoo in room, just 2 little soap. no noise insulation... guest above us made loud noise for hours.

If the price was lower I would have enjoyed the stay.
    • Standard Queen Room

The price was outrageous for a Motel 6! I could smell cigarette smoke in the room. No shampoo. No coffee maker. No food. $228 for one night.

I liked that pets are free and the location was great.

Motel 6 in Palm Springs was worst experience ever they offered me a discounted refund which I never
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No air conditioning and toilet was broken went to speak to staff and nothing was done since they had no vacant rooms left.

Quiet location other then that nothing else was good

Good, clean, conveniently located motel.
    • Standard Queen Room

For the bathroom rating, I took into account the thin bath towels (my public high school had these same scratchy towels in the locker room 40 years ago) and the lack of a tissue box. I know Motel 6 is a budget motel, but tissue and decent towels should be basic items. Also, the AC worked great but was so noisy it was difficult to sleep.

The room (230) was comfortable and there was no one above us (always good at a Motel 6).

I liked my stay at Motel 6.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the fact that there isn't a blowdryer. Other than that everything was good.

I liked my stay at Motel 6. It was only for one night so I can't complain about anything. No issues.

i was happy with our stay.
    • Standard Queen Room

the only con i found with this location was the type of people who were around us; meaning that also booked a room there, not the staff, but this is nothing the hotel can do about it, this is just my own opinion.

The room was very clean and well maintained for being a pet friendly hotel. i loved that i was able to take my dog with me as well. i liked how we were able to park near our room as well. i also liked how close it was to many restaurants.

stay was great except for the dog issue
    • Standard Queen Room

love dogs but they should be confined to only one area of building--there was a couple of messes that had to be cleaned up --- wish you had a shower by pool area ----allergic to chlorine-----would have been nice to cool down

the room was in the perfect spot for me and i loved the fact that it had a table area with a booth and backward c shaped table with extra chair

Nice weekend with old friends.
    • Standard Queen Room

Even though the room was non-smoking it had a cigarette smell to it. Would be nice to get that cleaned up. I did not mention it to the management since I was only staying one night.

The room was comfy, clean and had a great view of the mountains. Convenient to all that is downtown Palm Springs.