Reviews of Motel 6 Phoenix Airport - 24th Street 3 stars

6.1

6.2

Only 10 minutes from town centre
    • Standard Queen Room

Cockroaches in the room coming in and out under the gap in the door, smelt of damp and clothes also smelt of damp once we left

Only 10 minutes from town centre

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

It was clean and they checked us in early.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

It wasn’t very quiet but we were at the airport!

It was clean and they checked us in early. She also let us pick our room. The first smelled like smoke. Very nice manager on duty.

Well it definitely wasn't worth my money it was terrible matter of fact I would like my money back
    • Standard Queen Room

I didn't like it at all it was terrible people up all night long being loud you name it it was just loud and it wasn't planes it wasn't traineds as human beings .being disrespectful wheeling and dealing not giving you fly about anybody but them it sure is in a safe place for kids or comfort zone didn't even get sleep called my brother-in-law to pick me up. it was a waste of my money

What I liked was when I walked in the lady was nice and greeted me with a smile.

Location is awful.Wifi is 3 or 5 dollars a day per device depending on what speed you choose.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The neighbourhood is awful.A lot of homeless people are wondering around the motel asking for change.Pretty hard to get them to let you alone.And that's just for a trip to the nearest mc donalds 2 blocks away.Also taxis won't get you here cheap from the airport because they habe a minimum fare of 15 dollars.The trip with an Uber XL was 11 dollars.

Yuck. Never again!!
    • Standard Queen Room

My husbaand took a shower and the only available washcloth was a CLEANING CLOTH. I mean this towel was crunchy hard, was black and discusting. He showed it me and I took it to the office. The girl in the office was obviously embarrased, apologized, and gave me a clean set of towels from the supply room. I also asked for clean sheets in light of the condition we found the towels. Then I unfolded the "clean" sheets and they were stained. Eeewww

Staff was "helpful" to an extent

Disappointed
    • Standard Queen Room

The surrounding homeless people around the hotel cigarette smell in the room the bathroom a little dirty the noise was unbearable for that price I could have got something better will never stay or recommend

Desks girl was nice it was close to the airport reason for staying there

Pleasant
    • Standard Queen Room

The mattress was not very comfortable, however the room was clean and presentable .

The staff - the ladies were very nice, professional, and helpful - THANK YOU!

Would not stay here again
    • Standard Queen Room

The only plus was that the staff were pleasant

As a single female traveller I felt very vulnerable in both the motel and area of town the motel was in. There was no notification of this. It was also expensive for a very very basic accommodation

I was very close to the 24th St.
    • Standard Queen Room

Every time the train in front of the motel passed, It rang the horn and it was noisy, but the sound of airplane was acceptable.

I was very close to the 24th St./Jefferson station. There were frequent trains (10 min interval) and it took 5 minutes to get to downtown.

Absolutely terrible
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This place was filthy dirty. They made you pay for wifi that didn't work. They made you give up your driver's license to use a $10 blow dryer. There were ex cons living in the hotel who expressed to us their psych meds had run out and they were schizophrenic and bi-polar. The television didn't work well, kept freezing. Just awful

NOTHING

Staff made all they could to make us feel very comfortable
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was given a smoking room and my daughter has really bad asthma.!ipon requesting through booking.com a non smoking room they gave me a smoking room which made me So upset

Ideally located for quick transport to/from Skyharbor...
    • Standard Queen Room

Located across from the freight train line, so there was some noise at night. Not bad, but it might trouble a light sleeper.

Ideally located for quick transport to/from Skyharbor airport via the Valley Metro light rail. Rooms were clean. Wi-Fi, while not free, was more than adequate.

The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room wasn't ready at check in time, the pool is in the middle of the parking lot and not as it appears in the pictures, there is a McDonald's and Carla Jr. Within walking distance but nothing else and the neighborhood seems abandoned and we felt unsafe.

The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.

It was not a good value for a hundred dollars
    • Standard Queen Room

It was marked as a non smoking room, but it had a heavy cigarette smell and the room had an ashtray. The bed was small. I also think it is the first motel that I’ve stayed at that doesn’t provide tissues or a shampoo bottle. This was confirmed by the front desk. It was not an oversight.

It was clean.

Functional
    • Standard Queen Room

Having to pay for wifi the room rate was not cheap. Room could have used a deep clean, rubbish on floor behind bathroom door still there when we stayed the next weekend, same room!.

Near the airport.
    • Standard Queen Room

Terrible location next to a freight rail line. Trains were moving through three times during the course of the night sounding its horn all the way through. Also, many homeless people in the area. We saw a disturbed homeless person dancing in the garbage area. The previous evening we saw the same man dancing at the nearby convenience store.

Near the airport.

Worth the money I paid
    • Standard Queen Room

That area is not safe during the night (we were told by an Uber driver as soon as we got on her car); The noise from the passing by train is terrible in the night; No free Wifi

The lady at the front desk is very friendly and helpful! The location is convenient for taking the public transportation; the view is beautiful

I didn’t like that there was a train track right next to us...
    • Standard Queen Room

I didn’t like that there was a train track right next to us that we could hear the train passing at night while we slept that kept waking us up every night at least twice at night

Not a very nice location, but the cheapest you can get close to downtown.
    • Standard Queen Room

A lot of noise from the nearby airport. I did not expect it to be so loud. However, no problem for sleeping because ait traffic stops at night. Nothing much is around nearby, looks more like an indrustrial area.

Located close to the 24th street stop of the valley metro, which brings you quickly to downtown

Good, safe budget motel next to airport, with comfy bed.
    • Standard Queen Room

Nothing really. Like I said, it's no frills, but that's what I expected for the price. The planes can be noisy, but that's what I get for staying next to the airport, and with ear plugs I slept soundly.

No frills, but very pleasant for the price. I chose it for an overnight stay near the airport. The bed was surprisingly comfortable, the shower hot and strong. Free coffee in the morning was much appreciated. I'm a woman traveling alone and arrived late at night, but the parking lot was well lit, there was a staff person at check in, the room door locked securely, and I felt very safe.

Kind staffs, very close to the airport, can be economic if...
    • Standard Queen Room

Superloud train honking even at 1 am (yes, AM). Room smells bad.

Kind staffs, very close to the airport, can be economic if you're are two or more (though not for the single traveller).

Staff was friendly and helpful.
    • Standard Queen Room

Only a smokers room was available. The Motel is located next to Train crossing, which prevents from getting some sleep.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

Be aware of the train
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Well I hope anyone who stays near an airport expects occasional airplane noise but the train! The train woke me up both days at about 4:30 am I believe. Honking like crazy too. So much honking you’d think they did it on purpose. Luckily I wasn’t traveling with children. On this weekend March 9-11 I paid 245.00. I like the convenience of motel 6 but the train near this location would make me consider staying here twice.

The staff cleanliness bed comfort were good. The location was decent. I traveled alone and didn’t feel unsafe.

I don't like reviewing places
    • Standard Queen Room

The checkout time. I wish there was a later checkout. Please stop asking for more sentences:-)

The cleanliness. The room smells very nice. Third sentence!

It was a clean, comfortable room.
    • Standard Queen Room

The toilet was quite low, which may indicate an older style. The hot/cold indicator in the tub/shower was backwards. The wall lamp next to the TV didn't work. I was unable to get any connection with wi-fi.

The people were very nice.

This is a VERY Basic motel.
    • Standard Queen Room

This is a VERY Basic motel. I expect better $ value for $100 per night. Also, they had no recommendations for us for dinner. We found a lovely pizza place on our own, only 5 minutes drive.

Planes, trains and automobiles! Too much noise!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It is very noisy. There's noise from traffic and planes and a train went by blaring it's horn twice during the night. Also didn't have any food or bars close by.

The hotel itself was alright. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and staff was friendly.

Good value in Phoenix.
    • Standard Queen Room

I stayed in a non-smoking room. It smelled like someone had been smoking in there. You know. that old smoke smell. It could have used an ionizer-treatment. Perhaps, the hotel could purchase an ionizer.

I thought the light above the sink was not working. The very awesome women at the desk called to make sure everything was OK with my room. I told, her the light was out. Within 5 minutes a maintenance worker was in my room. He checked the light. He then showed my how to turn it on correctly. There was no problem with the light, but the staff was very helpful and nice. I also, found an awesome Mom & Pop comfort food restaurant in the near-by working class Hispanic neighborhood.

3.5
    Never again
    • Standard Queen Room

Shower poor water pressure, no alarm, TV very limited, door coming off hinge at bath, scratched flooring, stain on curtains, laminate coming apart at desk. vending machine not working properly, grounds dirty, at 5 am the garbage truck arrived and dumped trash with loud noises.

Not much

My bed wasn’t made, and I extended my stay after the first...
    • Standard Queen Room

My bed wasn’t made, and I extended my stay after the first two nights. When talking to the front desk I was asked if I needed anything from housekeeping. I mentioned that the bed hadn’t been made but that I had plenty of fresh towels. They told me to make sure nothing was on the bed, because they’re not allowed to make it if personal items are on it. I didn’t have any items on the bed. It honestly looked to me like all the housekeeper did was open my door, place a stack of towels on the desk, and move on to the next room. I don’t think she came inside at all.

Wonderful
    • Standard Queen Room

Sometime the non smoking room is just smile like smoking room they need to use air freshener at lease before they provide the room

Location; non smoking room,clean and the reasonable price.

Decent for the cost
    • Standard Queen Room

Shower pipe leaked & water pressure sucked, tv faded out now & then, shifty looking character hanging out by front door when we got there. No mini fridge & sink didn't drain very well but despite all that the room was cheap so the the room was OK for 1 night

Decent overnight room for the price, staff was very nice, gave us a courtesy call to make sure the room was up to snuff & extra towels & pillows, they have smoking rooms, decently clean

Quite and comfortable stay
    • Standard Queen Room

The only thing that I was a little displeased about was that it would of been a little nicer if the air-conditioner settings was set for lower cooling and higher heating. But that's a personal preference. Other than that I don't have anything to dislike about my stay.

They was quick to check you in and was prompt to take care of your needs when needed.

Great value basic motel convenient to car rental return and airport.
    • Standard Queen Room

Not the best area. Train and aircraft noise at night but not that bad we couldnt sleep.

Got to be honest - it was little noisey at night and not tje greatest area but as an "over night motel" at that price it was great. Fantastic staff, spotlessly clean, really close to the airport and car rental return. I'd definitely recommend it.

Perfectly adequate for a short budget trip.
    • Standard Queen Room

There was nothing I didn't like. I wasn't expecting luxury so everything was absolutely fine for the money we paid.

It was good value for the short time I needed it for and the staff were very helpful.

Month Stay during Internship
    • Standard Queen Room

I didn't't like that there is no fridge, microwave, or a water cooker in the room. Also, did not like that the toilet has no cover.

The entire staff are friendly and helpful. Although the neighborhood is not the best, I felt secure. The hotel has cameras and staff round the clock. Also, I liked that the housekeeping constantly maintains the rooms and the staff asks if housekeeping is needed. Although not the best quality, the rooms are decent to stay in. The room has a good TV programming sponsor by Dish and it has lHBO. I wish I could share more photos. It is a nice comfortable inexpensive place to stay. You get what you pay for and definitely Motel 6 Airport is worth its value.

OVERALL DOABLE WILL STAY AGAIN HOPING TO FIND MINER IMPROVEMENTS
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

1) WAS WEIRD WHEN ATTENDANT REQUEST TO SEE THE ID CARD OF MY GUEST. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME ANY MOTEL 6 EMPLOYEE AS REQUESTED THIS FROM ME AND DID NOT SEE ANY REASON WHY SINCE I WAS PAYING NOT MY GUEST WHO WAS MY DAUGHTER. 2) LARGE BATH TOWELS NEED TO BE REPLACED THEY SEEMED WORN OUT, THIN AND SMALL EVEN FOR A 5' 5' PERSON.

LOCATION EASY TO EXCESS GOOD VALUE FOR THE COST NICE CLEAN ROOMS PERFECT PLACE FOR A GOOD PLACE TO SLEEP AND SAVE MONEY. PLANES FLY BY BUT DID NOT AFFECT MY SLEEP

Booking.com doubled booked rooms for 2 nights causing a lot of stress!
    • Standard Queen Room

Noisy. Airplanes and trains were nearby causing a lot of noise at night and morning while trying to sleep and waking us up several times.

modern appearance. parking. temperature inside.

I couldn't wait to get back home.
    • Standard Queen Room

I killed 3 roaches in the first few hours upon arrival. The loud sounds of the planes & train kept me awake. There were people loitering in the parking lot at night and homeless people camped out across the street from the parking area. The floor was very dirty.

It was close to the airport

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Good Place for One Night
    • Standard Queen Room

Hard to say since I was really only there to rest and sleep.

Was only there for one night before leaving from the airport. The bed was comfortable and the room was nice.

surprisingly good deal I
    • Standard Queen Room

bathroom door was a bit warped or off kilter, hard to close. Surrounding area of the neighborhood doesn't look the best.

Staff. modern looking and clean room. convenient location.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Disappointment
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Sub-standard cleanliness. Very noisy location. Booked for three nights but couldn't sleep on first night. Decided to go to different hotel for next two nights, w/o refund of course. So disappointed. Will not recommend to anyone.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Closest to airport noise!
    • Standard Queen Room

Noise from train beside it and airplane noise overhead plus general hotel noise upstairs guests and car door slamming. Filthy floors which we noticed when we spilt water and dried it up with a towel which turned black! I have a photo if you want proof! No toiletries, only soap. No bar fridge.no coffee maker! Area is derelict, run down and boarded up businesses in the same block. Homeless sleeping in doorways with their shopping carts.

Close to car rental return. The rating would have been worse but we stayed in a much worse almost unacceptable "knights inn" our first night. At least motel 6's room appeared clean at first

Property rating
    • Standard Queen Room

The room rate was way to high compared to the other Motel 6 in the same general area. They were closer to the airport and bus station and they went for less than $40.00 a night.

The quite of the property. The friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Courteous staff
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room booked for us 2 months earlier was not available, so we ended up on noisey ground-level, tobacco-smelling room. Moved to one next to it. Shower-gave weak water flow. Could not sleep.

Courteous staff Very accommodating in tough environment.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Convenient for the airport
    • Standard Queen Room

There was rather a noisy railway line nearby. The hooting woke me up a couple of times

The staff were very friendly and helpful. This is a basic motel, conveniently close to the airport.There was nothing special about it, but I'd stay there again

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

waste of money.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

everything! my room smelled of fresh cigarette smoke, had to change rooms, tv was cracked, the ac did not work very well. the bathroom was not cleaned at all, and to top it all off the shower rod holding the curtain up broke off the wall when i opened the curtain!

it was close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Comfortable and clean.
    • Standard Queen Room

Food vending machine would be nice. Everything else was great.

Nice place to sleep next to the airport. Little amenities, but we dodnt need any. Just a clean comfortable place to sleep. It was perfect for that.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Noisy and dirty
    • Standard Queen Room

Floor was not swept, Hairs in the bed, linens were pilled, thin towels. Very seedy location. $50 would have been too much, but room was $80. I can't recommend at all. Go elsewhere

The desk clerk was very helpful. Pool was clean.

Worst ever experienced
    • Standard Queen Room

The room assigned to me smelled so bad and my clothes and bags got stinky. The bathtub was not cleaned...dirty with hair and nasty remaining from the previous guests. Room does not have any basic equipments such as refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and hair dryer. No free wifi or breakfast. This is not the problem of the motel, but the location is really bad. Very close to the railroad and the runway, which means you hear terrible noise all day long. Especially the train honks were terrible. I could not sleep for two days. The neighbourhood is not nice with homeless people, and no place to eat or buy snack. I chose this place because it is close to the airport and I thought I could save taxi fee. But the taxi fee was $16, only 4-5 dollars cheaper than taking a cab from Tempe. It is much better to stay in a fully equipped room in Tempe with free wifi and breakfast.

Light rail is close.

Gross

Dirty room. Cancelled reservation. Cockroaches

When we got in and checked in, it all went downhill. The room was dirty unswept, there was no handsoap and hair hanging by the head board. There was diarea under the toilet seat and dirty towels hung up. We got in super late to essentially an Uncleaned room. And when we complained they said they didn't have any spare sheets comforter and had to pay for handsoap. Then the next morning, my bf and I went to go see housekeeping, and the gentlemen whom had checked us in, cancelled the second night of our reservation. They cleaned the room the second night, but we did have to kill 2 cockroaches in the bathroom the next morning. I am very disappointed. I thought bookings only worked with presentable hotels. Never going back

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

The reception area was busy and tense when we arrived.
    • Standard Queen Room

The reception area was busy and tense when we arrived. Police arrived and removed someone. I felt unsafe. Staff were busy but helpful. But the room was satisfactory and we slept fine.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Do NOT stay here
    • Standard Queen Room

The most disgusting room I've ever been in. All sheets and bedding were terribly stained, we stripped the bed and slept on towels. Awful.

Front desk staff was great

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

It Was a Place To (Sort of) Sleep
    • Standard Queen Room

• Loud train honking its horn at all hours. Five trains went by between 8 PM – 6 AM. • Have to pay a daily fee for wireless and it dropped repeatedly • Uncomfortable bed – overly springy and really sank when I laid down. Seems like a cheap mattress. • People were smoking right outside their doors and it was coming into my room through the vent. These cons were major enough that I wouldn't stay here again.

• Clean room, nice decor • Close to airport and Greyhound station • Staff was really nice and friendly

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Guess miricals do come true
    • Standard Queen Room

That it was to perfect, I would have expected some drama but management has got it under control, props to them good job staff

Very relaxing

The area

The service was very professional

Better towels,the felt like sandpaper.
    • Standard Queen Room

Better towels,the felt like sandpaper.

Close To Arizona Heart Hospital

Noise

Close To Arizona Heart Hospital

• Standard Queen Room

I didn't like that they did not offer to help us in our situation

Cheap price for being very close to the airport

no fridge or microwave

Cheap price for being very close to the airport

Awesome!!!

Staff And Maids Are Absolutely Amazing.. Very Generous And Polite.. Very Happy

The staff wasn't as friendly as last time
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Didn't get the room I expected

Free coffee and fenced dog area

Motel maybe too expensive for the service offered
    • Standard Queen Room

Pillow too high and big. Internet available only for fee!!!

Close to the metro rail station and near the airport so in a good location. Good Staff

Terrible smell of cigarette
    • Standard Queen Room

Dirty. It smelled like cigarettes.

The employees

The employees

Excellent.
    • Standard Queen Room

Steam trains running at night, air not clean.

Quiet, comfortable.

Good
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Fine it was great awsone

Good

Way to expensive for the accommodation. However it was spring training and the city was packed.
    • Standard Queen Room

The bedding was old and ratty with holes in it.

The property was close to downtown.

Right near airport but area a bit sketchy.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Right near airport but area a bit sketchy. OK for an early flight stopover.

Cleanliness.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Cleanliness. There was hair on bed and pillows.

Awsome

Clean nice location

Met our travel needs. Good, fair value

towels were very thin

The room was not very clean.

cleanliness was poor

The room was not very clean. There were hair balls left on the floor in the bed room and the bathroom. Not very appealing!

Functional
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room could do with a deep clean esp bathroom

Great value, great staff.
    • Standard Queen Room

I was pleasantly surprised. Not the best part of town but the motel was welcoming, clean and secure. The staff were excellent!