Reviews of Motel 6 Palm Springs - Rancho Mirage 2 stars

69570 Highway 111, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270, USA

#8 of 8 hotels in Rancho Mirage

see above question

three men I'm room above me thought their room was an all night gym. the staff refused to stop them from walking back and forth for a continuous five hours. I called the police and am now waiting for them to arrivr. it is 3am now.

• Standard Queen Room

Needs a refrigerator in the room.

Room was very comforable, although I thought it would have a refrigerator. My son is Insulin dependent and we had to keep his Humalog cool. The pool area was nice, however, the pool had alot of trash floating in it. Good location for everywhere we wanted to be. I will definitely stay here again!

• Standard Queen Room

It’s a basic motel with minimal features. No coffee machine however free coffee was available in the morning from reception. Hairdryers were all out with other guests. We had a downstairs room and we could everything from the upstairs room.

• Standard Queen Room

Bed was not comfortable, pool needed to be cleaned, Main door to room had to be slammed for it to shut... so guess what you heard most of the night.

staff in the front office was very friendly. 2 HBO channels available along with other cable channels.

as in most other motels wifi should be included and not cost 2.99 or 4.99$ for high speed.

we had a remodeled and spacious room.everything was clean. Staff was friendly. there is a nice pool.

First room given to us had awful cigarette smell. Second room was upstairs even though we requested ground floor room. There was a wad of bright blue gum stuck on the wall. Very obvious, we wondered what else may not have been cleaned.

• Standard Queen Room

I stayed at this Motel for 7 day's. They said I was scheduled to check out on Thursday when I paid in advance for Friday of which the rates are considerably higher on the weekends. Even though my printout reflected it was paid I was forced to pay the money again and rather then doing a thorough investigation into the matter they dismissed me and were extremely unprofessional.

• Standard Queen Room

The room was overpriced. Front desk had attitudes, had to pay for WiFi and it still didn’t work. The room smelled and had stains on curtains and bedspread , mold in shower room wasn’t properly cleaned had trash on the floor and bug infestation.

I really found nothing likable.

Everything was great with my stay, except that crazy wind that kicked up on our last night there! Will definitely book here again on future trips to the area.

but the sheets were scratchy...they should be soft and white. The towels are stained and gray! For a $95.00 room, one expects at least a hair dryer, a small refrigerator ( Palm Springs is a very nice destination but it has a hot climate)....refrigerator should be a must!

The mattress was comfortable and the room was clean. The people at the reception were very courteous and professional.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

Nothing really to complain. Everything was as expected. The morning coffee was a bit weak.

We stayed for just one night in Palm Springs and for that it was perfectly ok. The staff was very friendly and we had a room not facing highway 111.

• Standard Queen Room

You guys need to have a small refrigerator my husband is deibatict and need it to keep he’s insuline cold. I like the rooms are clean

Rooms are nice and clean 👍🏼

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

No complimentary shampoo or conditioner, no blow dryer, no mini fridge, mold in the shower, faulty shower head, thin walls, beds uncomfortable , running toilet. This stay coincided with a major tennis event in Palm Springs, and all hotels had inflated prices. $530 for a 3-night stay at a Motel 6 is simply too much!

The room ventilation worked well.

• Standard Queen Room

less dog poop all over the facility. room was very small. looks more like an extended stay location completely full. bathroom had mold in the shower

the location was convenient. pillows were full and soft.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

The floor in the bathroom was poorly constructed so the barrier-free designed shower stall's flooring allows the water to run throughout the bathroom! We had to create a "towel damn" to try to stop that from happening. Since I was unsuccessful in doing so a couple of times Motel 6 staff had to come and mop the floor. Flooring, I might add, didn't look the cleanest. I wish the desk were a bit larger. Also, the armoire wasn't tall enough to hang my garment bag because it was designed with an ADA height bar. I would ask that they add an additional regular height rod or hooks.

The price and the staff. Overall, the accommodations were good (for the price-point.)

• Standard Queen Room

Room wasn't ready for 3.5 hrs from when we "could" have checked in, as we were nicely explained to. When I found out there was only 2 housekeepers for 60 rooms- I was glad it wasn't ready!!

Towels - a little rough but absorbent. Soap- did not dry my skin, unexpected surprise. Bed- I have memory foam at home, so mediocre. Noise level- depends on your sleeping habit. I didn't hear a thing, hubby heard all kinds of stuff. Obviously I'm a heavy sleeper and he's not. The area is nice and quiet, near the places we wanted to be.

The floor could have been swept AND the dirt picked up and disposed of. There were bugs in the room which also had been smoked in. The room was not ready at 4:50 PM & there wasn't any area to really wait. Because room not ready I think linens not changed, dirt & hair in beds. Looked very wrinkled, not that fresh crisp look you would expect. At check in kept saying the price was wrong

There was nothing that I liked. This place was disgusting. I was repeatedly told the price I paid was wrong, room not ready, personal could have used some personality.

• Standard Queen Room

The beds were terrible....most uncomfortable ......rolled into the middle, hard ! Noise was heard from above room.....no sound proofing. Rooms were exceptionally small....only one hard wooden chair provided. Towels were so thin, you could almost see thru them. Poor quality bedding....the top cover was visibly stained.

• Standard Queen Room

Highway noise wasn’t the property’s fault but the buzzer on the crosswalk beeps all night long. I used to work for the city of Rancho Mirage and that is fixable Something should be done about that. Let’s face it. It’s motel 6 bed isn’t going to be great but you should at least be able to sleep.

Received phone call to let me know my card was declined instead of canceling reservation. Got in much later than expected with intention of paying cash and room was held. Maid was very happy and friendly next morning. Very accommodating when we were still packing up.

I feel like the room had this musty odor that didn't go away regardless if I used an air freshener. Also, there was an abundance of flies in and out of the room. It was due to the door not being fully sealed on the bottom and sides.

The staff here was super friendly. I loved that they listened to my needs and helped set accommodations. I'm from Las Vegas so great customer service and this place exceeded my expectations.

• Standard Queen Room

On a main road so a little noisey and a lot of people coming and again but expected for a roadside motel.

Good little typical roadside motel. Located on restaurant strip.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

Chose this location due to its location mid-valley. Very convenient. Disappointed that the pool was not heated; jacuzzi was nice and hot but crowded (when I wanted to use it late afternoon). There was a water turn-off for a short time on New Years day due to a pipe problem, according to the front desk.

• Standard Queen Room

when I got there they told me my booking had been cancelled because my credit card didn't run through. I had the confirmation on my phone. Then the room I got had obviously been a smoking room. I have stayed here several times in the past. Will not be staying here again.

It is close to my work

The front desk clerk was a transgender and did not like the way he/ she carried herself/ himself during business. Not dressed properly for work and dressed very strange.... unprofessional!!

Good value for the money... Located in a nice part of town

• Standard Queen Room

The property had construction going on at about 6 or 7 in the morning, hardly letting parter and I sleep in the morning.

How close the property was to everything such as restaurants and stores

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

Dirty bathrooms and floors, mold on the tile, shower was handicap accesss and the shower head would fall down every time we tried to raise it up so we showered sitting down

The price

• Standard Queen Room

No free wifi wanted $2.99 per day.

Nice room small but did the job. Looks like they are renovating all there rooms I had one they are doing a great job.

• Standard Queen Room

There are no amenities besides hand soap, towels, and a dirty microwave. No utensils are available, so if you plan on microwaving food you need to supply your own. The towels are very scratchy (good for getting rid of those itches, bad for sensitive skin). If you’re on the first floor, expect to hear the tenants above you walking around and possibly keeping you awake.

The staff is incredibly friendly, and the value for the accommodations is excellent. The rooms are kept impeccably clean; kudos to the cleaning staff, you’re doing a wonderful job. There’s a laundry room to clean your clothes for those with an extended stay, which is not something I’ve seen in other hotels.

They're renovating right now which I understand but way too early in the morning they start making noise couldn't enjoy my stay plus they ask you to pay for wifi and there's no refrigerator in the room.

• Standard Queen Room

Property was very clean like most of the reviews and although there were no amenities all we needed for this short trip was a bath and bed.. In fact we were impressed compared to other Motel 6 we've stayed at.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

The internet service sucked . I had to pay for it and it was slower than the hotspot on my phone I paid extra for The high speed , I did not get what I paid for.

Everything ok as far as the room goes , However I choose to ti stay there because it looked like a comfortable place to do my paperwork , on my laptop

• Standard Queen Room

Bed was saggy and sheets were pill-y. Lots of noise after midnight. This location doesn't have king beds, refrigerators or free wifi like some Motel 6 properties do. We stay at lots of Motel 6s and usually give very high marks but this one didn't measure up.

Hard wood floor (so much more sanitary than carpet), sink outside the bathroom (more convenient for 2 people in the morning), lots of vanity space, full range of cable channels including HBO.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

Front desk associate seemed to be giving me all kinds of excuses, so I would walk away and not go through with checking in. It was too hot and I was not very patient that day due to the heat, and did end up walking away. Very frustrating to deal with an associate like that.

On the hotels part all was good. On you guys part idk if ill use you again

The front desk girl was so friendly .. I had askd for a double bed n booking.com put on their. A single bed traveling alone which was not true i had my confirmation email to wat i ask for

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Place can use sn additional ice machine to accomodate back side rooms

Location in great close to shops. Place is clean good value. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Standard Queen Room

Hair. This seems to be a common problem with Motel 6. Don't even bother to turn down the bed. Check it and request new sheets. Pillows will usually have hair on them.

Easy access from street. Plenty of parking. Low price for just a place to sleep. No amenities very basic. Plenty of walking area if you have a pet.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

It is an older and tired property but it served the purpose. I needed a bed for the night where I could be quiet and rested in the morning. Didn't need a pool laundry restaurant.

They close pool to early and vending area needs more things like a real vending machine.and also sum of front desk people need customer service skills and bathroom was too small.

The pool n Jacuzzi

See above

The lady in the room next to me locked herself out at 3am, took the fire extinguisher out trying to break the door and window out to get her purse. When asking her to tone it down after she got in she attacked me with the fire extinguisher. Unbelievable and worst experience ever, police involvement etc. inexperienced front desk clerk didn't help, made it worse. Never again will I stay at motel 6, too much trash stays there.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

This place was infested with roaches!!!! Everywhere !!!!! Went to grab my bed sheet to lay under the covers and there was SMASHED ROACHES UNDER THERE !!!!

Nothing !

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Someone in the room above us pounding and making noise alll night It was very annoying and we have a huge event and needed to sleep It was impossible I am writing this at 2:43 am because of the noise, pounding, thumping, I even could hear talking Walking back and forth on hardwood floors do not absorb noise It sounded like a floor being put in!! Horrible accoustics

Parking close to room

The mattress are thin hard and extremely cheap sheets. Very nasty . I was shocked for the price , should have neen $65.00 a night , not 165. I will never stay again.

Not much, staff was great other rhen that nothing

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

The location was in an area which looked like it was due to be redeveloped. The surrounding shopping centers were deserted.

The staff was extra nice and cooperative. I couldn't say how accommodating they were when I had to leave a day earlier and when I needed more towels.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Location could be a little bit better, it was almost 15min by car for reach good restaurants and mall...

It was possible to do early checkin (really early like 10am), people were nice and really clean.

• Standard Queen Room

The staff do not care about guests, if you give them requests they will ignore it (i.e., i became really sick during my vacation and almost had to go to the hospital so I requested no housekeeping or anyone coming into my room so I could sleep and have my stuff all where I needed it...housekeeping BARGED into my room and kept banging on the door to service it on more than one occasion and I had to constantly tell them I requested no housekeeping), they will completely ignore payment rules, the hotel is dark and feels unsafe, you literally hear everything from all guests on the property both in noise and in walls/roof. This was a nightmare of a hotel.

Literally nothing.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

Noisy! The people above me sounded like they were in my room and the flooring creaked badly when they moved around.

Staff was very pleasant and helpful in directing me to a good dinner in town.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Don't know where to start !!!!! Two Golfers ( one wash cloth ) No hair dryer , No shampoo, for 6 days never replaced liner in ice bucket. Commode overflowed one evening around 8:00 pm and we were asked if we could wait until next day for repair LOLOLOL. We said NO !!! No breakfast of any type. Unfortunately , we were unable to get our normal lodging for our annual golf trip due to Tennis Tournament. Were forced to delay our trip due to illness. Will NEVER NEVER NEVER stay in this Motel 6 again!!!!

• Standard Queen Room

No refrig. No microwave. No coffee maker. Tiny soaps. Had to go to office to get hair dryer. Inconvenient walk to get ice. A bare-bones facility. Very noisy all night because of thin walls and thin ceiling.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

NO fridge - No shampoo - Coffee not good. no breakfast - too expensive for the place !

Location is great. Between Indian Wells and Palm Springs. Cleanliness

• Standard Queen Room

Low vacancy rAtes in PS for the weekend drove prices through the stratosphere- paid far too much for a 2 star hotel, & then extra for internet!

Very clean & comfortable

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Parking was a bit cramped. Backing out a pickup with another pickup behind you was difficult. A little road noise. Charging for internet was a bit much.

This was the cleanest Motel 6 I've ever stayed at. Staff was friendly and helpful.

There was a large section of mold in the bathroom, the shower drain was clogged with hair and was unable to drain while showering, the sink drain was stuck shut, and the floors were not clean. I had spilt a bit of water by accident, shortly after arriving, and wiped it with a paper towel and it was very dirty. They hadn't mopped the floor or moved the beds when sweeping. The building was built very poorly and the whole rooms shakes when someone walks by your room or walks up or down the stairs. It constantly felt like there was an earthquake.

They were in a great location for where I needed to be and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Standard Queen Room

the tv remote stopped working but krystle told me to come down to the office where she changed out the remote for me. the traffic on hwy 111 was heavy all night.

the bed was comfortable the a/c worked fine the tv was fine the wake up calls worked fine your staff was very good especially krystal at the front desk.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

We were on the first floor and the person in the room above us was up and walking around all night long, which was extremely annoying.

The young women at the desk provided outstanding service. The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Late nighters would congregate at bottom of stairwell and talk loudly just outside our door. Upstairs was loud and squeaky when occupied. I am a sound sleeper and use ear plugs and I was woken up several times each night. Not a restful environment.

Clean room 👍

Tear it down and build a new hotel with insulation. Couldn't sleep , paper thin walls. You can hear the highway , people fighting in hallways , transients loitering on property. Felt very unsafe

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room

1. NO SECURITY GUARD ON THE PROPERTY - There was a woman knocking on everyone's door Dec. 24, 2016 at night. She was peeking in windows. She even went to the second-floor and continued knocking. We were worried about us and her, so suggested she go to the office and she said "I did". 2. Our room 124, the security latch - the screws were loose! So anyone could have easily kicked in the door if we heard a knock, opened the door bolt to peek outside, thinking the security lock would keep us safe. 3. The towels were old, thin and linty - yuck 4. BUT, HAVING SAID ALL THAT - I would stay there again, IF Motel 6 hires a credible Security Guard! And I'll check the latch as soon as entering the room, AND bring my own towels!! Very good value for the area, especially during the Christmas season.

It was very clean throughout.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Bed VERY uncomfortable. Bedsheets horrible! Inexpensive, so they were very Pilly.Thankfully they were clean. Room smelled like cigarette even though it was a non-smoking room

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Standard Queen Room

internet is unsafe, unsecured and $3 a night. no amenities in room. hookers and drug dealers all night long in front of, next to and above our rooms. NOISE. toilet so low a midget would fall down to get to it. tub plug didn't fit and neither did their replacement. never stay there again.

clean. good front desk. good location.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Room was very noisy as I was next to the Night Manager's room, or at least that is what I believe. Constant movement in the next room all night long. Worst night sleep ever. Next time I'll ask for a room on the second floor.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

didn't like that the manager put me on the do not rent list because I rented 2 rooms for 2 days. the manager was a very prejudice stereotype, as well as taking her job title to an very ugly nasty power. she also charges rooms to mush money so that she can pocket the rest, can we say "money launderer" . after walking into my room , went to the bathroom and the floor were so dirty, hair in drain on shower walls and floor even the handicap shower bench had hair and stains. the most destining and grouse and gage reflect was, taking down the showerhead off the showerhead holder, there were so much nasty pubic hair all over the showerhead and tangled and entwined , omg, no more words

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The toilet in our room kept running, and the bedspreads didn't look that clean. Honestly could have resolved the problems by calling the front desk, but I was to exhausted after working to do it. Also the police drove through the parking lot a few times. But no obvious trouble. Decent stay for work related travel or to catch some shut eye while passing through.

The staff was great. They let us check in early and check out a little later. Rooms have wood floors so that made it feel a lot cleaner. Room has been recently updated. Not a bad place for a quick stay.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Not well lit in area.

The property was hard to find. But was worth it. Need to have street lit up and more lighting near the driveway for entering the property. That would help a great deal.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

The location is on a major thoroughfare, but we had the AC going and didn't have any problems sleeping.

Modern fresh decor! Very nice! I'd stay here again.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Not really a big deal but I wish the pool operation hours were extended into the evening

Easy and quick check-in rooms were clean and with a modern look to it . Front desk personnel ware friendly and helpful .

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

Laminate floor was slippery if your feet are just the slightest bit wet coming out of the bathroom shower. No amenities: Alarm clock radio, (but I guess we all use cell phone for alarms anyway.) No hair drier, mini fridge...you get the point. Beds, TV, nightstand, one small desk chair. That's about it. Only one accessable electrical outlet in the room, over the nightstand, If you have a lot of electronics chargers that's a pain in the tail. Having had issues with that before, I'd packed a 1 foot long 3 outlet extension cord. Problem solved. Have to go to the Laundry - Vending room for Ice and a microwave. If you're in the back of the complex that can be a bit of a hike. But whadda want for about $50 a night?

Roll in shower for us handicapped folks was a godsend. Easy access to the room using my Rollator Walker and/or mobility scooter. Room was clean cheap and functional. I didn't go to spend a lot of awake time in the room...

found a couple roachs in room not to hsppy sbout that

staff was very disrespectful

all was well till we had a couple visitors and was not able to stay another day cause they said we had to many ppl over .

Smoking homeless person on the stairs beer cans in lot

Easy to find our room was quite

No refrigerator in room or hairdryer. No type of discount i.e. aaa,or aarp.

Easy to find.

• Standard Queen Room

There were bugs in the rooms

• Standard Queen Room

The girl that checked me in was really cool and extremely helpful n courteous

Staff was a ass on the phone and I can hear walking upstairs

I didn’t stay in room.couldnt sleep due to the noice

• Standard Queen Room

Wifi sign-on was a pain - even though prepaid they double charged me a couple of days, and I paid for the faster speed, but it was pretty darned slow

Wish there was breakfast

Close to everything. Staff was helpful and location was easy to find