Reviews of Motel 6 Redlands 2 stars

1120 West Colton Avenue, Redlands, CA 92374, USA

#7 of 8 hotels in Redlands

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Inside of rooms were updated recently.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Freeway noise is loud. Drug use definitely prevalent around hotel. Very strong chemical smell in room when we arrived.

Inside of rooms were updated recently. Bed and sheets were comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Other than a couple of minor issues,I enjoyed my stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed spread on my bed had 2 cigarette burn holes it and the ironing board that I used (left drivers license to hold) was broken.

The room was within distance to eateries - the staff was friendly and helpful.

You get what you pay for.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I don’t like how differently taken care of the non-smoking/ smoking rooms are cleaned up. I usually stay in a non smoking and it’s way better for me but This time we stayed in a smoking room and the sheets had holes on it And there was just stains everywhere there really isn’t much to expect from a smoking room but it just doesn’t look so great.The a/c wasn’t at its best but it worked.

It’s close to many places to eat. And it’s just the place where you could get some sleep after a festival.

Not worth the price.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Hotel felt very unsafe, for the price of the room a night and the level quality received extremely overpriced. Hotel set up is terrible and the door seals are nonexistent. Can see a gap in between the door an door frame for the door to your room. Luckly able to get at least one of the rooms non smoking but the walls were still dirty. Smoking room was worse.

Dirty Disgusting Accomodations(Room)
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The towels and bedding dirty(stains, cigarette burns on bedding), bathroom dirty, light was broken (sink) area, odor in the room, furniture dirty/dusty).

That my reservation was cancelled without notice, and I was told that I was cancelled because I didn't call before 6p to confirm, and I have never had to confirm. I always confirm my reservation by booking.com And I drove from San Diego; I would've been upset if there were no available rooms. However, the Customer Service Agent/Rep was able to provide me with a room; after learning I drove from San Diego.

Location is great.
    • Two Queen Room (Non Smoking)

I’ve stayed here 4 times and each time it seems to get a little more run down by locals that seem to be living here. Animal waste not cleaned up, 4th time here and the hot tub still has not worked, bathroom looked liked it hasn’t been cleaned other than the toilet was wiped down. Tv didn’t work properly. The coffee machine was broken so they only offered decaf.

Location is great. Food and stores close. Staff is always friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The water in the shower was hot.
    • Two Queen Room (Non Smoking)

It wasn’t very clean and the staff wasn’t very helpful or nice. There was no shampoo in the room we had to go to the front desk for shampoo. The mattress slid off of the frame easily and needed to be replaced! Sheets had stuff on them.

The water in the shower was hot. And I was able to have my dog with no problem.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Sweating bullets
    • King Room - Smoking

I paid over a $100 and the air conditioning doesn't work it was over a hundred degrees today!!! I will be waiting on the manager in the a.m.

The location is perfect!

BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU'LL EVER FIND !!

Everyone was friendly courteous and never felt like I was a bother. Anything I needed I got immediately! Awesome people !vending machine room pretty warm inside. But everything else, mainly, customer service made that be overlooked easily..

Fine For My Purposes
    • Two Queen Room (Non Smoking)

The wall were bare; no artwork at all. This made it very boring. No kleenex (didn't notice this until the following morning when I needed them ) or fridge, but that's to be expected with Motel 6. No hand towels when I got there, but the staff brought me a couple promptly.

The room was updated and very nice. Bed was comfortable.

dreary, but adequate for a place to sleep

My reservation, which I'd received both a confirmation & a reminder, didn't exist at either of the two Motel 6 facilities in town. I did get a room, but had asked for a quiet room and was placed on the main thoroughfare. The room was dingy, though clean, the property left much to be desired, and the location was a bit scary, but after many hours of driving I couldn't keep looking.

Take my dog every where and this motel 6 always welcomes him.
    • Two Queen Room (Non Smoking)

I have stayed here before. So nothing. Great place. Not expensive. Friendly clerks. Clean rooms. No bad smells

Take my dog every where and this motel 6 always welcomes him.

It was horrible
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When we got to the room the bed spread and sheets were disgusting. (Pictures are provided) It was so bad my wife refused to sleep in the room and stayed in our vehicle. 2nd issue was the location which is next to a homeless encampment. While my wife was out in the parking lot she could here the people arguing. Also it was so Noisey that I was only able to sleep a few hours and we left in the middle of the night. I really feel that we deserve compensation of some kind for this horrible experience.

Great location with restaurants near by.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room wasn’t cleaned during the day. Bath towels where thin and smalll. No shampoo in rooms. Beds could use a couple more pillows.

Room was clean upon arrival.

Would not stay at this location again, despite the nice front desk staff
    • Two Queen Room (Non Smoking)

Towels are paper thin/cheap - need to upgrade Service staff should be allowed to place more than two bath towels in the room The television is ridiculously poor. The remote control does not work properly due to the way the TV is framed in the wall for security purposes. One cannot change the channel or volume unless standing with the remote 2 inches from the TV. Following hotel cosmetic upgrade, corporate office needs to step up to improve overall experience for guests and avoid historic, negative perception of the Motel 6 brand. Unfortunately our 'experience lived up to the perception'.

front desk staff was very friendly and helpful

alright a little over budget.
    • Two Queen Room (Non Smoking)

The set up tv and booth type table. Cable was good but tv needed maintenance. The one thing that I personally didn't like was the restroom was very small.

I asked that there be no in room service because it would...
    • Queen Room - Smoking

I asked that there be no in room service because it would upset my pet. Twice I asked and twice they ignored my wishes and entered the room in my absence. I was afraid my dog would run away if a stranger came in. This caused me a lot of anxiety and my dog was very distressed when I returned to my room.

At least 15 flies on ceiling when checking in, filthy floor...
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

At least 15 flies on ceiling when checking in, filthy floor, second day only one towel for two people, maids hairs on bed. Floor not even cleaned , dead flies on floor and also trash left on floor. Non smoking room smelled of cigarettes. Ice machine not working. Front staff very unconcerned when we told them of these issues. Will never stay here again and will advise friends of it.

This was fine for one-two nights. But it is definitely in the budget side of budget!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No coffe maker in room and the coffee in lobby was undrinkable. No hair dryers in the room and the one given to me by the motel did not have hot air!

The room didn't have furniture in it, which made it seem spacious. It's an old motel, a trek back in time, which I actually enjoyed.

Great Motel 6 experience
    • Two Queen Room (Non Smoking)

Not really anythi,g I can think of. Really a great place to stay. No breakfast provided but for the price we could go out for it somewhere

Everything. Was probably the quietest hotel I've ever stayed in. Pool was very clean and nice. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The shower was probably the best I've ever had. Great water pressure. The staff was awesome. Truly great experience.Even the price was great.

It's okay for a say min trip
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The spa didn't work and the linen on the bed looking has been cleaned in three week and the floor looked clean but they were so dirty I mop the floor myself by hand and after going over it three time my mop water was black

The rooms are nice and big and there is a microwave I like the location and the staff is every nice.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Broken Hot tub not worth the price.
    • Two Queen Room (Non Smoking)

Booked just for use of pool and jacuzzi but jacuzzi is broken and has been for a year according to office clerk. No refund or reduced rate offered in lieu of the false advertising. This motel has homeless people hanging around all day and nite. Rooms have no microwaves or fridge and beds are very hard.

Not much. Housekeepers were nice but office clerks were not very helpful.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Was surprised to see wood floors instead of carpeting.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The mattress was uncomfortable. The bathroom looked clean till I saw an adult cockroach scurrying up the wall.

Was surprised to see wood floors instead of carpeting. It was much cleaner feeling.

Everything.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Sometimes key cards dont work.buts its minor.i was able to get to talked to the staffs

Everything.reservation is accurate good customer service.my room and location.cleanliness no problem in parking

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Friendly desk people, dirty rooms ,ratings 0
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

There water bugs in shower, only 2 towels for a 3 people stay😤 , no hand towels 😤, walked barefoot in room, our feet were black underneath 😤 Very disgusting horrible housekeeping, and only 1 handicap room .

The front desk was very helpful

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Great hotel and great prices!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I feel the weekly prices should be a little less because there's no frigerator and there's no micro waves in the room and it's a little bit expensive for the weekly rates. But the hotel is excellent I love the area I like the staff members and I love the size of my room and a comfortable bed and showers.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

The room was not clean the TV did work right.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The room was not clean the TV did work right. The blanket were not very clean the wasn't clean .it was just nasty. I was not happy with my stay at all...

Mediocre
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The sink pipes were dripping water so that could have been fixed. I did notify the staff but they said they would fix it when I checked out. I thought that was very inattentive of them. I mean, the drip was fairly minor but the fact I had to deal with it at all as a paying customer is a bit unfair. I had to put a towl under the sink on the floor to protect the motel 6 floor from wetness, a job that truly is not mine. The beds could have been an it more comfortable and the pillows could have been bigger. The room had no mini fridge or microwave and wave and that is something I would expect for the price I was paying for the queen room.

It was a mediocre stay in terms of quality of room and bed etc but at a very basic level it got the job done. I mean I did have a roof over my head and cable tv but that is where my good experience ends.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Bare bones. No sense of security
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Did not feel safe in room. Open to outdoor parking lot. Very thin walls. Bring own toiletries as only bar of soap provided. If you can afford it- stay elsewhere

Overall room seemed clean. Laminate floors a plus

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Location and staff was very friendly.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Very basic, no amenities (toiletries, blow dryer, fridge etc) furniture. If they added a few things it would have been worth the price and increased rating

Location and staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Nice

The parking was very limited. The price was 2x what we paid in Yuma at a Motel 6 and the room was much smaller.

We liked the no carpet flooring and the new sleeker look to the room.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Forget nothing if you stay here
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Nothing complementary no shampoo . no change. for laundy i hD to walk to store. For quarters

I like that I was able to receive. A refund on my 3rd receivcuz I left early

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

The hotel is very nice, but doesn't have a mini-fridge or microwhave. Also beds aren't comfy.

The bed wasn't comfy and there wasn't a microwave or fridge or closet. Also the maid service wasn't all that great.

I loved how this hotel is very modern.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Stained linen
    • King Room - Smoking

Stained linen

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Mattresses were hard as rocks and I’m not exaggerating!
    • Two Queen Room (Non Smoking)

Mattresses were hard as rocks and I’m not exaggerating!!!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

If you want a trick, go here

Prostitutes, not sure about drugs but I would guess yes.

?

No refrigerator or microwave in room

No refrigerator or microwave in room

Clean, and good for the price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff very gentle. Clean room, no hair or stains on the sheets or pillows.

Great stay

Party in other room

3.5

Good for 1-2 night stays
    • Two Queen Room (Non Smoking)

Dirty comforter, air conditioner was too close to one side of the bed

Employees give great service

Recommended.

Noisy area

Convenient location

The rooms were spacious.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

It wasn’t as clean as it should have been and the sheets had stains.

The rooms were spacious.

Disappointing.
    • Two Queen Room (Non Smoking)

No bar soap,not enough toilet paper, dirty bedspread, hard pillows and bed, dirty walls, no Kleenex or toiletries.

Bad experience

The services

The room was not clean and the room had a strong smell that we where unable to rest

Very good price, clean and courteous staff.

cleaniness and staff hospitality

sufficient ecomiations
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Baseboards dirty, no facial tissues, towels scratchy, Matress not secured the base slid around!

Got good. Sleep

Would Recommend
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The sheets were a bit torn

Bed Was Comfortable, staff was very friendly,

lighting brighter.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

lighting brighter. wanted coffee machine in room.

I enjoyed our stay. It was like a mini vacation.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The mattress of the bed was a little too hard for my comfort.

Parking was perfect. Nice decor. I like the wooden floors. Great TV

Go somewhere else!

Shady location, dirty linens, dirty floor, bathroom smelled like urine and sewage

Ample parking

Neighbors were smoking weed so the smell was super strong,...

Neighbors were smoking weed so the smell was super strong, the corners of the room were all gross and unkept.

The rooms are big and comfortable.
    • Two Queen Room (Non Smoking)

Could use more cleanliness found hairs on top of the bed and towels.

The rooms are big and comfortable.

Good

Bed was great/

Didn’t like the quality of goods provided but the staff were very accommodating.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Poor quality of goods given i.e. blankets and pillows and mattresses and sink water was milky white.

Great staff, very approachable

Old room edgy look, price $69 after fees way too high!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room looks old, dated, edgy. No lamps! Towels too small!

Wood floors. Strong water pressure in the shower.

Horrible n depressing

Average
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was not too comfortable. I had to ask for the bath tub stopper for a bath, after being in the room. No refrigerator.

Plenty of shopping

Quite

Good support

Clean

Room was clean and comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The jacuzzi wasn't working. The room had a strange smell.

Room was clean and comfortable.

Don't stay there
    • Queen Room - Smoking

AC did not work. Understaffed. Very poor neighborhood.

Quiet

Not that great even had to buy bug spray
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Roaches in my room and no housekeeping for days had to constantly ask for towels and toilet paper finally just went and bought my own toilet paper

Location easy to find Bed Was comfy

Towels were hard There was a party going on downstairs until after midnight .

Location easy to find Bed Was comfy

• Queen Room - Smoking

No wi fi, T.V. didn't work, no signal, other guests outsidw of my room talking while I'm trying to rest for work at 4am

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

This one I would stay at again
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I liked everything about this motel 6.

The room was very clean.The bed was very comfortable.i

Over all the room look clean
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows could be replace. The blankets too light.

Over all the room look clean

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Great for the price
    • Two Queen Room (Non Smoking)

I wish they would've had a small fridge in the room

The staff was really friendly and the room was spacious!

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

No entertainment
    • Two Queen Room (Non Smoking)

I didn't enjoy the fact that the tv didn't work.

Remote to the tv did not work. I couldn't lay down and watch tv

Not bad for the price.

Covers were stained

The Pool.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Good Hotel for the Price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was a little stiff but no problem.

Property was very clean and standard. It was a good value for the price.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017