Reviews of Motel 6 Reno - Livestock Events Center 2 stars

5.9

6.2

Somewhat close to the city
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bloody napkin on floor between beds long hairs found underneath sheets phone did not work and tv did not work. Maid service walked right in even after clearly & repeatedly screaming “NO THANK YOU” to house keeping.

Somewhat close to the city

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Another concistently goo Motel 6 property with very friendly and efficient staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No drawbacks with this Motel. Convenient location and good facilities. Book with confidence.

The Motel is in an excellent location - close to eaterys and attractions. Staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. Nice facilities - the pool looked very inviting.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

New Adventure!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The fact i reserved a room got here didnt have it, asked for three days only put down for 2 days. After work 13hrs not able to get into my room.repay again to get the 3 nights i originally asked for. This morning needed to pay again. They did discount the stay because of all the issues i have dealt with.

I like that fact that its right off the highway I80. Straight shot to work, didnt have to travel through town.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Overall just fine.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I slept well, even through the rush hour traffic in the morning. I liked the proximity to the Livestock Events Center, and to Denny's for breakfast. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Cheap hotel in poor part of town - good staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very poor neighbourhood. Vending (drinks machine) was out of order for the whole week. Bed was very tired - definitely needs to be replaced.

This is a budget hotel, in a poor part of town (Motel 6 Reno - Livestock Events Center - the name gives a hint), so I wasn't expecting much. I needed to stay somewhere cheap for 4 nights and it filled that need. However, the parking lot was frequented by some real low-lifes and I got asked for change a few times. I feel relieved that my motorcycle survived my stay unmolested. I don't think I'd stay here agin for this reason alone.

tv matenance replacement was excellent.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

staff at desk acted like I was bothering her. never advised of coffee in morning.

floor was REALLY dirty. was told room was upgraded for early check in. asked for king size bed. got 2 doubles. not an upgrade.

Go somewhere else
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything about the property. We had four rooms and they were all filthy. There trash from the last person in the window and under the bed. The beds had stains on them and were worn out. The tv didn’t work and there was no remote. The phone had been pulled out of the wall and didn’t work. The shower was stained and there was no towels in the room. The floor looked as though it hadn’t been mopped in days and there were syringes in the parking lot. I feel like I was tricked because the photos didn’t match the property.

The staff was nice

Decent place to stay. Close to everything. Nice staff
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Could use new beds, but was sleepable

Very quiet which was surprising as they are really close to freeway. When I reported leaky faucet to staff, they were on phone with maintenance immediately. Would stay here again

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

sadly dissappointed
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I exclusively stay at Motel 6 when traveling. This location was covenient, but noisy, office upon arrival , is dirty ,dated, and not very welcoming overall. The exterior was dirty, trash everywhere, not impressed , as have been at other locations.

The updated shower

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very cheap beds, bedding and towels. Saw many street hookers in rooms and found its blocks from a well known hooker nightlife. Very noisy area. No hairdryer. Towels were thread thin.

worked for my situation.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the exterior walks were super dirty. I raised this matter with the office and they said something about it hadn't been done that week---maybe more like a year had gone by. very nasty looking. It was frustrating that this super busy 'special event priced' period should be when the parking lots were resurfaced and lined. Made for parking headaches, but not front desk staff fault.

room clean, liked having a refrig and microwave. modern, hard surface floor was more appealing that dubious carpet. Shower worked well, quiet

Worst sleep ever
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The mattresses had coils sticking out past the cushion. I don’t even think there was any padding left!! Absolutely the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed in!

It was close to our venue

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

It was the first hotel of our 2 week vacation and it was the worst hotel of the trip
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was way too expensive. It was very dirty. Even the sheets were dirty. The tv didn't work. The bathroom floor made my feet black. And looking back, I should have complained and tried to get my money back or a different room. The staff was friendly though....

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

We just needed a bed and a roof over our head. It met our needs perfectly.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

There was a noisy trash area right outside our room. The floors looked clean, but when we walked in stocking feet, our white socks turned grey and yucky. There were pubic hairs in the shower when we checked in.

The price, the convenience, and availability.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

In all the times I've stayed there this was my most poorest time ever
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We found to bugs in our room, we kept hearing people slam theyre door & talking . Just being loud overall .

I enjoyed my time there with my partner

Unacceptable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Bedding was not changed with clean sheets. After the complaint was made and I was told it would be taken care of, NOTHING was cleaned or changed,,,, same dirty towels, sheets and trash.

Very mediocre. And for the higher rate because of Hot August Night, it became kind of a rip off.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was absolutely horrible. It felt like an air mattress. Every time I rolled over, it rolled me to the middle of the bed. And we kept hearing the springs while we were just laying there. If you sit down on the edge of the bed, you are immediately sitting on the box springs. It was one of the worst beds I’ve even slept in in my life.

Decent location right off the freeway. Accessible to everything.

I would come back but it would have to be the last room available in Reno!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Every chair or lounge chair was broken in one way or another. Then the mattress on the second bed in our room had a broken spring or something . When I sat down I went to the box spring! Step going up to the second lever had a big chunk out of it.

Water in the pool was clean and refreshing

Just okay
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Lots of bugs in the room, didnt change sheets while staying for 5 days, cheap towels and probably the worst pillows ever, floor was disgusting, my feet were completely black.

Cheaper compared to other places, check in and check out was good, quiet

Close to livestock centre
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room not ready when we arrived. Nonsmoking room had smoking smell. Some of the other guests were very loud and rude.

Close to livestock centre Laundry facilities

If all Motel 6's are like this one, I will never stay in one again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Exposed wires in outlet behind bed--fire hazard. Loud a/c, Very small shower stall. Only one chair in room. No breakfast included.

The desk staff were cordial. Good ice machine. Parking right by room.

I love most motel 6's, but this one not.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

My bed collapsed, one of the legs was broken so down to one bed, heck of cigarette burns on the sheets, should have been changed.

I love most motel 6's, but this one not.

Amazing Staff!!!
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Greatest Staff! The manager Bobby is so helpful just an awesome lady!! Most of the House keeping staff are fantastic and very attentive to whatever you need very hard-working ladies. This M6 has become my "Go To" place in Reno for the Staff alone! They have really cracked down on getting rid of any "Questionable guests" and unwanted activities

I survived not the best
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Noisy neighbors yelling till after 12pm motor cycle outside door Neighbors slamming doors

Shower very difficult to regulate Room very cold even with temp set at 72 No extra blankets

NEVER AGAIN!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bedding wasn't changed AT ALL!!! Hair, dirt, crumbs, and other disgusting things. Had to wait for over an hour to have clean bedding put on. We arrived early enough after a 7 hour hour drive to take a nap before my niece's graduation. Could not get any rest because of bedding. Very dirty floors also.

NOTHING

Horrible, couldn’t sleep. Felt sick next day from the room smelling of cigarettes
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The nonsmoking room completely smelled of smoke. The mattress felt like is has been there for 20 years and possibly run over by a semi truck several times. Horrible experience

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff and their communication. Put my 11 year old out an my 65 year old mom out due to their mistake an then told them that they coudnt sit in the lobby to wait for their pick up.

Convenient location, night time security needs to be more pro-active.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First thing was Beds are terribe. Need new ones that are more comfortable. It's been a day since we left, and both my husband and I have very sore backs. The second thing was there was a large breed dog near us that barked and howlled ALL night long, til about 4:30 AM. I think thanks when the owner came back, and we never heard it again. And the 3rd was LOUD VOICES outside all night too.

Comvienece to where we were going.

I always stay at Motel 6 because of my two pit bulls. This property has been the best by far! 😁TY
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Tv didn’t work but the lady at the front desk did her best to fix it. Not a big deal, I just watched Netflix on my laptop with the free WiFi. 😁

Staff was great and went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed.

I will never stay at thiis motel 6 again and yes I am telling my friends
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Cleaner,staff was actually kinda a grouch and acted like it was your fault that their t.v. did not work properly

there was no breakfast,and the place was dirty

Never going to stay there again.

What I said before.

It was very noisy and scummy and didn't feel safe. People fighting all night long. People up to late hours out on balcony and rude.

The reason I liked it was because it has a small...
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Just the check out time is the only complaint so far and hopefully all all

The reason I liked it was because it has a small refrigerator and microwave. This way my food costs don't go through the roof and no more wasted food.

N. Wells
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

For some reason I thought that check out time was 12 noon like all the other motel sixes I've been to. But other than that, everything else is an A rating

Nice, clean and comfortable

Very loud all night, possibly people living there on a...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very loud all night, possibly people living there on a monthly basis. Said pets were welcome but when we arrived were informed they couldn’t stay in the room unattended so dinner out was not an option.

The staff was nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The towels were dirty. The floors were dirty. It was extremely noisy, right off the freeway,which wouldn't be a big deal but there was no sound insulation. Terrible pillows and bed linens.

The staff was nice.

Will never book here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Smelled bad, uncomfortable beds, lights didn't work, phone didn't work, shower water didn't cool was only scolding hot. Very bad night sleep

Disapointed, Difficult for our needs.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Price was way too high for value! We asked for an ADA room. This was not provided, though we had asked ahead of time. Made getting things to our room hard and dangerous.

Besides having to pay a deposit the overall stay was decent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The only motel six in town you have to put a 50$ down when you pay cash.

The air quality was nice inside the rooms. The heater/ ac worked great. Can't wait to visit again!

It was BIZZARE!!!
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The morning of checkout I awoke to the girl in the Next Room pounding on my door insisting that I was being abused by my partner inside the room. She was obviously on drugs and smelled of alcohol. Then one of the staff came to my room and not and ask very accusatory fashion what was going on. Then openly implied that I was lying. This was so bizarre I don't even know if I should be angered or amused

The check was fast and easy

excellent

The tv

The staff was excellent are tv was not working and. They moved us with no problem and the housekeeper even brought us our new keys and was extremely making it avplesant stay

Ridiculous and poorly managed.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room was dirty. The beds were made dirty. towels were disgust and the toilet has water condensation on it so it was freezing wet every time we sat down. Lack of funds prevented us from leaving to find a better hotel. We will never be staying here again.

The shower was cool.

Horrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The rude overnight person who called us names, swore at us and kicked us out for something we didn't even do

The lady was really nice when we checked in

Horrible experience...wouldn't in a million years stay there again!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Chipped furniture, stained bathroom, cigarette burns everywhere, stained bedding, dirty under the sink, hookers working in front of the building, stinky...the list goes on and on...grossest place I have ever stayed in..needless to say I cancelled with Motel six for the following evening in Oregon. Not impressed!!!

You get what you pay for I suppose
    • Queen Room - Smoking

How thin the bedsheets were very light and was cold and the bedspread had orange stains all over them and we’re obviously not fresh

How close the facilities were to my original intended destinations being the casinos

It was my first time to stay in Motel 6. It was okay but not as good as Motel 8.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was difficult to adjust the temperature of the water coming out from the shower head.

The front office staff was very friendly and efficient. The free coffee was a bonus.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Great one night stay, but, will look for another place next time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sound of the mini refrig. Kept me up, outside of the facility very dirty, the sidewalk not swept. Debris all over.

Room was clean. Bed comfortable, pillows? So,so Great to have a microwave.

Waste of time...and money!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff member was a coward DNR'd me because i asked him to remove room someone's name from the room list..And called POLICE & also they are having the back parking lot refinished so that means all the parking is taken..used syringes around the property foul smell because of the containers that contains all the hotels trash for weeks sometimes a month or more..!!

Smelly, sleepless, scary night.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

In a nut shell it was THE worst night I had ever had in a hotel. First asked for non smoking, so the worker said ok first floor non smoking.. yet you walk in our room it reeked of cigarette smoke and the bedding stunk of it... I could barely breathe. But the deal breaker was the live action all night all around the hotel from the other guests. Loud screaming, yelling, fighting, cussing, crying running, slamming doors allllllllll night!!! I literally could not sleep and was scared not only for us but for the woman I could hear in the arguments that were definitely domestic violence. I heard it above me, next to me, outside at one point I heard something being thrown in the room at a woman and another woman yelling stop stop and the other one yelling cuss words so on amd so forth. Thought to call front desk.... realized no phone in the room. I was soooo tired the next morning no sleep, but I just couldnt wait to get out of there! I left asap and told staff of what was going on all night. Asked if they had cameras or security they said no. I said you should definitely invest in that! I wont ever be returning to this hotel nor this city (by reno)ever again. She looked at me.... I left.

Leaving alive.

Not giving up on the Motel 6 chain, but I won’t be returning to the Sparks/Reno Motel 6.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I moved my room within the first half hour because the heater didn’t work. Then the second room’s heater didn’t work either. It was in the low 30’s that night. If there was a spare blanket in the room it wouldn’t have mattered. I should have gotten up and changed rooms again...but I was tired. Instead I barely slept and was cold all night. I think what was most disappointing was when I checked out and reported the heater was broken, the receptionist just said, “Thanks hon for letting me know, sorry for the inconvenience.” I know I didn’t pay much for the room, but the room was too cold.

I’ve stayed at Motel 6s my whole life. So I’m a fan. This motel was clean and had good hot water pressure.

Absolutely terrible.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The WiFi didn’t work the whole stay. The room was dirty and has holes in the walls, plug ins in the way were pushed into the wall. To top it all off on my last day I woke up to go out to my car and at the bottom of the staircase there was blood and bodily fluids covered with sand, it smelt like death and it did not get cleaned up.

• Queen Room - Smoking

Very loud, loud housekeeper's knocked on doors before 11 clean time woke u up, yelling outside rooms at other staff, people living in rooms loud banging barring music. Horrible stay check dout three days early and they wouldn't give us refund fully. Only one night

Wish it were longer
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I accidentally booked another location after 6 days and could not be made accomodations for... HOWEVER the woman on rhe office was not one of the aforementioned

I totally appreciated how awesome 2 of the front desk office workers were... absolutely great

The stay was not good.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This place was run down and loud and was not told our room was right next to construction. Staff was rude. Free WiFi?? It didn't work at all, the password didn't work. Room smelled like musty old grossness.

It was ok but not good
    • Queen Room - Smoking

There was still food from who ever was in the room before us in the fridge and it stunk bad and the house keeping tried to come in after we told her that we didn't need anything.

The staff inside the office were really nice.

No a.c. no good night sleep worst stay ever
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Terrible terrible place would be embarrassed to have motel 6 on name of this place

Worst 6 I've ever stayed no A.C. had to open windows in a scary ass place or die of heat.... there is nothing I liked about this place....

It was very dirty, I had a very hard time sleeping because...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was very dirty, I had a very hard time sleeping because of how dirty the room was. The carpet had smashed food on it. It also could use some updates in it.

Not good
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Being woke up all hours of the night with people next door fighting and people just come and go as they please through the parking lot plus they speed through the parking lot. And people dragging a steel dumpster through the parking lot at 3:00 in the morning. Just didn’t get any rest and the room I was in 219 the door was messed up like someone tried kicking it in before or something it let to much cold air in and heater wasn’t that great. Just being truthful

Room was clean. And the ladies at front desk was nice.

Good value if no construction.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No heat. The "c-pak" or room heater/cooling unit was off; room heater, which was noisy, only had warm air. Noisy fan in the bathroom. Place is going through renovations so it was very loud at 9 am.

Clean room with ample parking.

Basic, clean, quiet, reasonable price. I'd stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was fine; we had a very short night and moved on

Friendly staff. Clean, quiet, comfortable beds (nice pillows), reasonably priced. Noticed recent updates to bathroom and flooring. Laundry facilities (though didn't use). Coffee in office (though didn't use)

the motel was undergoing a refit,so a couple of things didnt...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the motel was undergoing a refit,so a couple of things didnt work ,but this is a good place to stay,the price was very good and the more expensive reno strip was only 2 miles away.i would stay again...

Do not stay here
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No air con in any rooms due to renovation , pool closed, extremely close to highway noise. There's a best value inn for the same price that's down the street, Go there. They did not even offer a discount here considering the place is in a shambles due to the renovation I'd have expected they lower their usual rates when asked they acknowledge they're charging full price without offering full service. Terrible.

Smelled like new paint.

The area of town seemed unsafe to me, although the hotel was...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The area of town seemed unsafe to me, although the hotel was in a perfect place in relation to downtown, etc. There was a Dennys and a Casino a block away, but I would not have walked outside by myself at night. Inside rooms were clean, but outside lot was littered with garbage, bottles, clothing, etc. Police with guns showed up one morning for a guest staying there - 3 doors down. There was no iron in the room, nor a hairdryer. When I asked for an iron, the staff did get me one, but it had been purchased at a thrift store, the price tag was still on it, and it was very dirty. My husband cleaned it, before I could use it. The location is perfect in relation to getting around Reno, but the area is less than desirable.

It was the worst I stayed in, I didn't even stay for the...
    • Queen Room - Smoking

It was the worst I stayed in, I didn't even stay for the second night I had booked I stayed someplace else on my return trip. Couldn't cancel second booking

disappointing
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

they were so busy that there was no maid service, they didn't leave the right things like towels,etc. when they did have a maid service the room, outside is very dirty

location, new paint, remodel inside room was nice

The worst place I have ever stayed at
    • Queen Room - Smoking

No coffee, no breakfast, wifi did not work wwexcept in office, dirty, room smelled terrible, beds uncomfortable, room worn and dated. Will not ever stay here again

worst customer service I've ever experienced.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that it was the worst motel experience I've ever had. I've made multiple complaints and phone calls and have heard NOTHING back.

Absolutely nothing.

Close to Casinos and easy to find.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was a bit hard on my back and the WIFI server was a bit slow.

Good room and friendly housekeeping who made up our room late in the day as we stayed two nights.

short
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This was a non-smoking room - you would have to be dead to not know someone had smoked a LOT of Pot in this room - it reeked !!! The floor was NOT clean. Where was the refer and the micro-wave ? Motel 6 bath towels are fine for a small child - but - an adult ??? really ???

Great location !

Great location to Livestock center, decent room, nice staff, disgusting grounds. Won't be back.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Here's the bad part: the grounds were filthy. Dog poop everywhere. Walkways and parking lot had garbage on the ground. Long term renters very noisy.

The room was simple but nice. Comfortable beds. Clean.

Seriously this was unbelievable!!! Horrible place!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

This place is a joke..I wouldn't even place it under the motel 6 sign.when we got there they didnt have any towels and no wash clothes no ice buckets..next the ac barely worked.the fan in the bathroom was so loud could wake the dead..burn holes in the drapes.remote for the TV was filthy!!! I put a towel down on the floor in the bathroom was black with dirt!!!then when I asked for towel this is what she said..we don't have and wash clothes no ice bucket no..seriously to top it off no AARP discount..this experience was the most horrible thing I have ever went thru..and I'm 69 years old..you should not be under the motel 6 sign..I will sleep in my car before I would ever stay at one of your motels again..lll

Nothing..o wait the pool was clean..

Disgusting
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The cleaniness of property, room and beds was horrific. Not to mention coach roachs. I've stayed at Motel 6 before, but this property was the worst.

Your front desk clerk had a great attitude and comforting.

Never stay here
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very dangerous we had blood on the bedding the room was fithly homeless sleeping on catwalk hooker having sex with man in pool mgmt in not on site drug deals in parking lot it was horrifying

For the price we paid we expected a clean room with functional equipment.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was rude when I asked for a receipt. they said their printer wasn't working and they would e-mail it and they never did. no remotes in the room and the phone didn't work in the room. I called front office staff from my cell phone to request a remote and they brought me two remotes and neither worked. There was dog hair on the sheets too.

Room was available.

First time Motel 6 not up to par for me.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

First room I was given, i did not feel safe in, the door jam was missing. Second room did not have a trash can and there was a large 55 inch television on the floor during my 4 day stay and I had told the reception desk when I first went in the room.

It was in a great location, with easy access to freeway. Close to locations I was going to.

Very rough. Bottom of the barrel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Had cheap weekly rates so many "down-and-outs" living there. Much marijuana and cigarette smoke. Pets allowed so much barking. Single pane windows with no screens so very noisy. TV was an old 19" from the 80s. First room was filthy. Can't recommend for anyone.

Price was good.