Reviews of Motel 6 San Antonio Downtown - Market Square 2 stars

211 North Pecos La Trinidad, San Antonio, TX 78207, USA

#247 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

The property was surrounded by homeless and addicts. Very uncomfortable even with the security guard hired by the hotel...go anywhere else.

Did not like anything about this property

The linens on the bed weren't change and had blood on the flat sheet and the bed cover. Bugs in the tub, hair in the face towels that we're supposed to be clean linen

The front staff

Tiny and crowded swimming pool with poor facilities on the edge.

Very close distance from the city center, and from Market Square. Great value for the money. Motel6 is always a warranty, awesome rooms with all comforts and facilities. Very clean and cozy. Highly recommended

It was not clean floors have not been mopped ants in room floors were not swept there was still a toy and a screw on the floor from the previous guest.

Swimming pool

Lots of homeless and other locals wandering through the back of the complex Later in the stay, problem corrected with police and security present. wanted to be moved but was accomodated when I complained. mold behind the toilet. was told by booking they would match, but no free wi fi.

Room was clean, air conditoner worked great. staff was mostly helpful. close to downtown.

No microwave, fridge, nor anywhere to sit. Non-smoking room smelled like smoke so we had to move to another room, which still smelled bad. The shower was old and cracking from the bottom, it was all black and moldy. Way to expensive for what the place offers.

Add more to rooms!!

Safety was an issue, there were plenty of homeless people surrounding the hotel. Honestly did not feel safe. The power also went out for a couple of hours. The hotel manager and staff were the least bit of concerned of this power outage. The hotel room we stayed in had no hair dryer, refrigerator or microwave. The pool was dirty and the hallways needed to be swept. We brought out fur babies but I do not recommend bringing them because there was really no place to let them out to use the restroom. I definitely do NOT recommend bringing your kids, this is NOT a family friendly hotel. The price was good but keep in mind you get what you pay for. My advice is pay a little extra and stay in a days inn or anything else. I definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Price was good, but you definitely pay for what you get.

Their is nothing not to like.

Every thing. Very clean, walking to the square market which I love and enjoy. Pet friendly I am able to bring my babies with me.

No storage space for non hanging items. Toilet splashed water onto the seat each time it was flushed. Had to ask front desk for plunger due to toilet stopped up. No refrigerator or microwave

Close to location i was visiting. Parking lot well lighted. Room quiet despite being on frontage road of I35. Provided city map. Very reasonable price

I did not know the Final Four basketball games were happening when I booked this room, so I paid $233 for a $60 room. The room was clean except for a cigarette burn in the bedspread and fingernail polish on a towel. No comfy chair in the room, no hair dryer. The big problem is the location---next to a busy freeway all night long and a late night fast food place. Very noisy, couldn't sleep.

bed very comfortable, the tv didnt work but they made up for it by putting us in a better room with working tv, were very happy. the room was clean for how the cleaning crew cleans but i think the curtains and vents need to be cleaned there was like an old abandoned odor to it

The only complaint is that the shower head in our room was leaking water, it was spraying out the back of the shower head and could not be tightened up and most of your water sprayed out the back onto the wall and ran out into the floor. We spoke with Maria at the front desk but she was unable to move us to a different room since we had booked thru Booking.com and told us we had to wait until the next morning for maintenance to show up and repair it. So we made do with the little water flow which was very little and Maintenance showed up the next morning and fixed it the best they could since they had no more shower heads on the property, they swapped it with one from another room. I felt under the circumstances we should have been moved to a different room but that wasn’t an option. Beware of the street people that live in the area! The security does a great job keeping them off the property but once you leave the property they are everywhere!

The cleanliness of the rooms was amazing they not only looked clean but smelled clean! The rooms are very comfortable, no frills, no coffee makers or microwave just a clean room to come back to from a day of playing on the Riverwalk! The pool area was nice and relaxing. The security is great they keep all the street people that call downtown home off the property!!

The room was pretty beat and rough. No storage dresser, or cabinet for luggage / cloths, strange corner table/ built in chairs useless waste, minimal cleaning, no real door on bathroom, tub was super gross permenantly busted up and painted over and over and didn’t really drain. Air conditioner was extra loud and warm and the roach I killed as I checked out after 2nd night was a final goodbye. It is really only a one nighter kind of place.

Staff was friendly and helpful and understanding.

A $45 room cost $230 due to Final Four, and even with this ridiculous price they were sold out. They would not give me a checkout later than 11:30. No breakfast served. My room reeked of cigarette smoke. The attendant was unable to help, so I spoke to the manager. She said she could not come to my room because she had a hurt knee. Finally, a sour faced woman came up with a blowing machine and proceeded to blast the room with some type of spray. Now my eyes and nose were on fire. Homeless people surrounded the facility. I decided to cut my losses and go elsewhere. Never again.

Good location for venue

If I had known it was in the middle of a homeless district I probably would not have stayed there. When the McDonalds next door has a armed guard that tells you alot. I do not stay in Motels often put I thought it was pretty expensive. But it was the Final 4 weekend so I'am sure rates were raised for that reason. If not it is too expensive for the location.

For the neighborhood they are in you felt fairly safe. The room was clean and decent enough.

We couldn't stay outside after midnight & visit with the people next door.

I like it because it's close to the market Square & McDonald's is just right there. There's a restaurant in walking distance.

Was not clean, bathroom vent didn't work and almost fell off the wall, there was no microwave or refrigerator and no dresser . The door lock was broken

The room was clean and in good condition but the location was full of drug addicts walking around and I had to remove all my work tools and carry them in the room because the have a lot of thefts in the parking lot.

Had human waste in sink. Tub was nasty. Stunk like human waste. Mold was blowing out of the AC unit all over the bed I was sleeping on. I am sick because I am highly allergic to mold. Couldn't tell heater from AC. At one point had to evacuate the room because of the heater.

Employees were amazing.

The lady at the desk was super friendly and went out of her way to help us. That right there made our stay amazing. Plus the room was big and spacious. The cleanliness was awesome.

Front desk clerk at check out was the most rude and obnoxious person ever. Never experienced such poor customer service from a hotel clerk before. Because i was a few minutes past check out she threatened 911 if i didnt get out within 5 minutes and continued to call my room repeatedly throughout the five minutes. Absolutely uncalled for and ridiculous to threaten over a simple few minutes past check out. never will stay again only because of her deplorable attitude. had she not been calling to listen to the sound of her own voice and embarked on her own power trip i could have been out within 5 minutes.

Size of room and comfort..no holds on my bank account.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

There really not much to say everything was also me besides it was dark when I checked in

No more people walking all deferent direction..and install cameras and patrol on sight

The only issue was night clerk didn't wanna give out quarters for use of washer and dryer stating he wasn't allowed to give out $6 worth of change

Beds were comfortable and location was excellent

No fridge . No iron , no hair dryer in room , sheets looked dirty and room smelled stale - non smoking room . Rented for 2 days , card didn’t work 2nd day very inconvenient , coffee seemed old

I want change thé réservation at thé front desk but it s incrise thé price. I had to call Booking.com to fix that but loose 2 hours off m’y Time. Thé light in bathroom not enouf and no confortable chair in thé room

Big room whit lot off place

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I called prior to booking to make sure they had handicapped and smoking rooms. They said “Sure”. Did NOT tell us until check in that they did NOT allow smoking in handicapped rooms. No problem, we stayed in smoking room. Then found out it was a separate building...with not a single handicapped ramp in sight!! We had to lift our scooters 75lbs-100lbs up and down the step every time we went out, usually twice a day!! We are both disabled, 67yr old ladies!! A minor problem was that the sink splashed us every time we turned it on, there were none of the usual amenities such as refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, shampoo, etc. Although we never felt threatened, we were warned several times it was a rough place for two elderly ladies to be out alone, and there were a lot of homeless people aroun the parking lot day and night. Must add, they seemed very gracious, we were never approached.

Room was big and clean, beds comfortable. Janitor/maintenance man VERY helpful!! He helped us lift our HEAVY, (75lb-100lb) motorized scooters up and down the step.

WiFi should be free. The room was clean, but in need of updating. Furniture was Spartan. If I was there for more than overnight, I'd be disappointed.

Price. Proximity to Market Square

I’ve machince didn’t work, all the drinks that came out of the vending machince were hot! Homeless hanging out at the McDonalds across the walk way.

It was on the route for the San Antonio half and full marathon. Nice walking & driving distance from the River Walk.

Rented the room for my son,s Grandpa. Area was not safe for him to walk across the parking lot to Mc Donald’s. He has shady characters following him, so he didn’t get to go eat

Location is not the best...but I grew up in San antonio,and it's getting better...it did not deter me from booking here. Staff was fantastic..

Room comfortable.staff exceptional.

NOTHING

THE FLOORS NOT CLEAN MY GIRLFRIEND STEP ON A PIECE OF GLASS AND THE TOILET ROLL BRACK ET FELL APART AND TOWEL HOLDER LIGHT DID'NT WORK AND FELL APART NOT GOOD FOR THE MONEY

We left our backpacks at the reception for 4 hours, we picked them up and took a uber to the station, when we arrived there we realized a leather jacket and a kindle were missing!!

Apparently the temporary manager didn't have any knowledge about booking.com so didn't she didn't respect the confirmation and pin that was given to me which my husband had to call from his job and disrupt his job to make sure I was taken care of

Convenient for me but I had a little problem with the temporary manager Miss Consuela my husband sorted things out with the manager it was okay do you like what is your name

The bathroom was old and dirty. Also the bedroom had a funny smell probably from the Air conditioner unit/humidity inside the bedroom.

It is within a walkable distance to River Walk / Downtown. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. No issues with parking.

There were roaches and had to pay for internet that only worked for a few hours and was very slow.

Good side they gave me my money back for the internet.

We forgot an Apple Watch in the room 261 on Monday 09/25/17 when we noticed that we didn't have it we call the motel and let them know we was going back to get it and when we got there the house keeper told the manager that wasn't there and we wasn't allowed to get in to the room to look for it We hope she will return it if not she can enjoy it cause it had a code and we got the charger so she can't used thnx:Rogelio Vega

The comforter had cigarette burns on it. The excessive humidity caused mold in the shower, the floors were wet in the morning, even my clothes that was in the table was a little wet the next morning. I will just do something with the humidity in the room.

Everything looks okay. The staff is amazing, really nice people. It is pet friendly. It is really close to the main attractions and I felt safe.

The actual room wasn't bad but location was horrible. There were tons of homeless peoples on the other side of the hotel that we didn't stay walking around. A police officer was on duty at all times to run them off. They were between the hotel and a McDonald's next to the hotel. No blow dryer in the room. Towels thin, had to walk to front desk to get free coffee. I wouldn't stay here again especially with children.

This motel is across the street from the bus station. There were multiple people wandering the property at all hours of the day and night. Homeless people using the dumpster area for a restroom and sleeping on the ground next to it. No amenities in the room. Basically a bed, a table and seating for 2. NO refrigerator, no microwave or any other furniture in the room.

Room was huge Less than a mile to the Riverwalk.

This property is a good location if you are going to the market square.You see alot of homeless people but it's safe to stay at cause they have security at night.

The location of the motel wasn't great, although not a long walk to the main sites etc, the motel is location on what I would consider to be a very 'dodgy' part of town with a number of undesirable individuals hanging around. I would therefore not recommend this property to families or solo travellers as I would not feel safe.

The room was very spacious and clean. The staff were friendly and welcoming.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The room was spartan with no amenities, cheap flimsy pillows and the beds were reminescent of a college dormatory.

The location. The A/C worked very well given the record high temps those days.

Rooms just felt cold, as in not cozy at all....very "sterile" feel. Cleanliness was so so. But not bad for the price

Good location......liked the bbq area. Pretty quiet

The facility was well maintained. Main issue was the lack of customer service and the attitude of the desk clerks. Check in time is 1500 however, room was not ready until 1600 and the response concerning that the difficulty that was causing for us was answered,"we have other patrons that are waiting for their rooms". We had wanted to finish our shopping and asked if we could leave the car for one hour out of the main area and told,"your check out time is 1100 you must move your car. " No coffee in room. You have to pay for Wi-fi. Only ice machine was up steep stairs. No help in indicating how to access the bus system.

Clean. Good location across the street from the market place (El Mercado) and across the street from the bus/trolly hub; quiet despite its location next to freeway. Next to McDonalds; large T.V. large homeless population that was there at all times around the building. If you do book ask for the same side as the office or where the handicap room are located; the homeless population stays on the other side of the motel.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The property is located in a not so great neighborhood, but there no shortage of security and police present, the McDonalds next door was "terrible" no order was ever correct not only for us but for everyone else..

the room was just what we needed

Vagrants wandering through parking lot, leaning up against vehicles asking for money, cigarettes, and etc. and vomiting near adjacent buildings. Although very sympathetic to those experiencing difficult circumstances in their life, still not an enjoyable scene for vacationers.

Night security, and a great deal of police presence. Very thankful to the men and women of San Antonio's finest. The officers of SAPD were very present and ever vigilant.

The hotel is old and the rooms smelled like cigarettes which I asked for a non smoking room and it still smelled terrible the walls look really old and moldy terrible hotel I paid 113 and I could of payed $30 more for a better hotel. The pictures make the hotel look good but it's not

7 min away drive to river walk

The area is not very busy at night, so maybe it's not a good idea to walk there alone. We did and we didn't find any problem, tough

The hotel is very close to the Mexican market, walking distance. So, it's perfect to stop for the night and go there and grab something to eat. There are other restaurants nearby. It's also no far from downtown, but is gonna take at least 20 minutes to arrive.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Cigarette bruns in the comforter, stains on the "clean" sheets, odd moisture odor in the room.

I liked how close the motel was to the Market Square

Alot of homeless people walking up and down the driveway. Screaming and yelling. Homeless man sleeping outside our door. Room not clean. Floors were dirty. Beds were not comfortable.

Close to downtown

Air conditioner did not work so we got moved a strong smell mold and mildew so we got moved again the sheets look like they did not get clean from the guess before bathtub was cracked and chipped

Price

The location seemed a little seedy at night. Someone used a key to enter my room while I was napping. This really freaked me out especially when he stated that he was checking for bugs!!

The price

ROOM WAS DIRTY AND THE PLUGS WERE NOT VERY EASY TO PLUG IN OUR PHONE CHARGES WERE ON THE WALL WHERE THE TV WAS THE SHOWER HEAD DID NOR WORK WELL . THE BATHROOM WALLS HAD FOOD STAINS AND THE TOILET HAD BLOOD ON THE SIDE OF THE WALL .

ROOM WAS ROOMY . AND THE FRONT DESK CLERKS WERE VERY NICE AND COURTEOUS >.

The foot traffic of many sketchy individuals. Not a safe location. The staff did not provide towels for all my registered guests, nor blankets but offered only excuses. 40 hours later, 2 towels and 1 blanket. They blamed ww.booking.com for communication issues. Very poor experience, don't book it!

I liked the tv.

Warning! We arrived late in the evening and the motel had already charged my credit card which I had used for booking. I intended to pay with another credit card but the staff flatly refused to cancel the charge they had done before our arrival. They explained it was Motel 6's policy to charge at 6 pm on the first day of the stay. There was no information about this policy on the booking.com page at the time of booking. The wifi had to be paid separately $2.99 per day. The area didn't look very safe, there were a lot of homeless people loitering around.

The room was big and clean, air conditioning was adequate. The location was ok, not far from downtown.

smelled bad like a pet was locked in there for days, but the staff quickly cleaned it out and sprayed fabric deodorizer.

comfort beds, walding distance to market square, friendly staff

The door handle was broken. It would literally come off. The phone cord wouldn't stay connected to the phone. The water pressure was horrible. It took forever to rinse my hair and the toilet had to be flushed at least twice each time. There were a lot of shady people that would hang around the motel. I will never stay there again.

To many people walking around late at night yelling and screaming. Someone knocked at our door in the dawn hours demanding to open the door!

Swimming pool was well shaded.

Everything. Don't recommend this property if you have kids. Not very clean. No shampoo/conditioner/fridge/iron/blow dryer/wifi. We came back late one night and we were standing on the balcony and the front desk called one of our rooms and told my 14 year old niece "get in your room or get off the property". Will never go back or recommend it to anyone. I've booked several motel 6's but this one was nothing like the others.

The only positive was that the property was by the bus station.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Nothing the room smelled so nast, it was located in a very bad area. The area was full of homeless people. Never again booking here I rather spend more money to stay at a nicer hotel!

i didn't like the bathroom was not clean at all the ceiling has some moisture on the ceiling the bathtube has moisture the floor at bathroom area was nasty i use towel to mop i was sso tired had long day at work and the drive to san antonio was crazzy so last thing i need deal w the friendly staff i jjst want take shower and rest i clean myself

i love the location staff was so pleasure thay good people

The room was not so clean and our comforters were not changed. We had to request room service since our room was missed. Also the pool did not look clean at all to enjoy.

I liked that it was walking distance to the market.

No in room coffee,hairdryer, mini fridge. No breakfast, but McDonald's right next foot. The area has a day labor sight next door, & bus station very near,so alot of various people hanging around outside at night. Does have on property security at all times

The ease of getting to local attractions

Our room was never cleaned the three days we stayed. The restroom had water damage on the walls and floor. It's in a bad location for family because a lot of homeless people walk all around just seeing what they can get. Overall we will never stay again, for the money I payed Instantly regretted it.

I did not like that the floors were so dirty I couldn't walk from the shower to the bed without my feet getting black. I asked for my floor to be mopped when the housekeeper came in to clean and all she did was run a dirty rag over the floor and left it really wet. So I for the 2nd time used the towels she gave us to mop the floor. I did not like that they asked us if we wanted our room cleaned and the housekeeper only swept and mopped, she did not make the bed or clean in the restroom! From the get go I noticed the shower dirty also so I cleaned up too. The last motel 6 we stayed in San Antonio was so clean and you can actually tell the housekeepers cared for their job and took pride in their work. I also did not like the fact that the guy that worked that Saturday night was mad at us for waking him up from his nap so we could ask him a question. Parking was horrible also.

The beds were extremely comfortable. The ladies at check in were very nice and sweet! Great location and great price! The rooms Just need to be cleaned better. I will stay again but next time I know to carry my own cleaning supplies.

I did not like that the room was dirty, I always check around the bed for bed bugs (just in case) of course that was clear but there was dirt, the floors were so dirty that my feet were black after getting out the shower just from walking to the bed from the shower!! We asked that the cleaning lady mopped when she cleaned and her way of cleaning our room was to sweep and run a wet rag across the floor, she never wiped down the restroom or made our bed. I had to clean the restroom and i used their towels to mop up the floor!! The guy that worked saturday night was rude and mad because we woke him up from his nap!! The ladies at check in though were really sweet and nice!!! Overall we loved the location and the price but the room was not the cleanest!! The last Motel 6 we stayed in was great and soooo clean. I guess those housekeepers at the other Motel 6 care about their jobs more. I will book here again though lol I just know I have to clean up myself!!

The bed is very comfortable

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Sheets not clean. Huge pee stain on sheets that was not even washed so but not have been changed since last guest. Also, there are so many homeless and day labor men outside all hours of day and night. Was very scary and unsafe. Was afraid for myself and 12 year old daughter that was with me. Would not ever stay again at this location.

Right next to market square

The pool was dirty the room smell like cigarette smoke was supposed to be non-smoking had cigarette Burns in the bed sheets and people loitering outside all night

The front desk staff was nice smiley faces let me check in early

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Terrible location, and most of the staff are not friendly. Still came in and cleaned after I said no. Things were shuffled around that didn't need to be. Smelled terrible, stains all over the bed. Towels didn't even smell washed. Homeless people infest the whole property and nobody does anything about it. They literally walk up to your face and hassle you, even follow you to your room at times. At least 20-30 homeless people were all over the place 24/7 for 2 days. It was beyond annoying, I was walking down to my girlfriend's car and found two of them banging on her window asking for money. Will never recommend this place to anyone no matter how close the location is to attractions.

A lot of homeless sit under the bridge, so I was scared to walk. Nothing you could of done about it. I understand they have to hang out somewhere.

How close the mall and market square were

Room smelled of mold, ran out of toilet paper was told hotel didn't have anymore. No fridge or microwave in room, prostitutes outside hotel. Saw several drug deals outside also prostitutes working out of room in hotel

Decent location

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

congestive traffic & rain (4-6pm) on Wed. May31 was HORRIBLE & we rarely make medical trips to SA,TX. Nothing to do with Motel 6.

Office lady gave us directions from five streets away & how to enter parking to the office. Very convenient location to Robert B. Green-UT bldg from the Motel 6. Also office lady gave us Dominoes Pizza phone # for meal delivery (since we didn't want to get lost again)!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

The room seemed empty, there wasn't breakfast in the morning, which I prefer. The room didn't offer a view which was disappointing. Also there wasn't a blow dryer or any complementary soaps or shampoos, frustrating when you forget yours.

The property was clean and easy to find. It also appeared to be recently updated.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Well it is a motel 6 and so its a formulae you should know not to expect fancy things like a fridge or microwave. However in this day and age, paying for wifi is a no no - so I just used the data on my cell phone.

Close to the outdoor and indoor market on market square so it was convenient. The rest of San Antonio was an easy walk so getting about wasn't a problem. It was clean and very cheap for the location. It was under the interstate but the rooms were well insulated so it was quiet. The staff were very polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

the crowd at the mcdonald's next door. panhandlers, day workers lined up, and police arresting the undocumented. the price you pay for the convenient location. Because of pricepoint and location I would stay here again but would request a room on the other side of the building.

The price. It was close to my destination. The bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly.