Reviews of Motel 6 Chicago O'Hare - Schiller Park 2 stars

9408 Lawrence Avenue, Schiller Park, IL 60176, USA

#6 of 7 hotels in Schiller Park

6.2

This time it was sad my husband came to Chicago for his family reunion but he had a heart attack at
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We asked for a smoking room but they never told me when I came in that the smoking room was out of order they never told me my husband had to call and ask why we wasn't in a smoking room

Every thing

The helpfulness of the reception.

There were sticky cup/glass stains on the bedside cabinets and chest of drawers. I also did not like the fact that despite your assurances and confirmations, only one room was available instead of the 2 ordered and confirmed. Not a good result at such a late time of night and after a long flight and drive.

The helpfulness of the reception. The closeness of an eatery. The size of the rooms.

Size of the room is spacious,
    • Queen Room

The room was clean and near but I found few strands of hair on my bed. The TV is not working properly the connection is bad.

Size of the room is spacious,

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms and walls were dirty. The paint was coming off the walls all over the room. They didn't have lite walk ways going to the room so you were basically walking in darkness the whole time

The room was dirty, there was dust and hair all over the...
    • Queen Room

The room was dirty, there was dust and hair all over the floor, also some towels were not clean. I stay there three days and one day the housekeeper did not clean the room at all. I usually stay in motel 6 and this is my first delusion.

I asked to for the staff to change my bed sheets and it’s...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I asked to for the staff to change my bed sheets and it’s been three days and no one has come to change them. Dog hair all over the floor and bed. Room was not cleaned good at all.

Ideal for less than 12 hours
    • Queen Room

The floor was very dirty. Didn't realize until walking with your bare feet and then stepped into the shower. The water turned black.

Location and price were key for selecting motel 6. Needed to be near O'Hare for an early morning flight. It wasn't the cleanest and more in depth cleaning is required. For only needing to stay there for less than 12 hours, it was acceptable. Would not want to stay there longer than that. Staff were extremely friendly accommodating.

Only liked because closed to my friend.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very noisy inside the room and outside. The toilette clogged 2nd time like last year and nothing changed. So we looking for next year a diferent motel.

Only liked because closed to my friend.

My flight was cancelled so it was better than having to sleep at O'Hare airport.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

On long stays, the motel services the room every three days. If you want to have your room serviced you must notify the front desk. I did not realize this when I checked in. I stayed 2 nights and each day I had to request clean towels. At check-in, we had new towels and new bed sheets but the floor was dirty and had not been sweep or mopped cleaned. I mentioned dirty floors to front desk and to cleaning manager but floors were never cleaned the second day of our stay.

Front desk staff were courteous and friendly.

Great location near the airport and the room was looking...
    • Queen Room

The cleaning is not their strength. There was hair in the shower, on the floor and on the sheets. To top it all, there was a condom in the trash!!! Nor this is disgusting and it made me question if they did really clean the room or not... Didn't change room since there is no upgrade possible anyway and didn't want to find other stuff in other room. Won't stay there again.

Great location near the airport and the room was looking nice.

overall, our stay was very good and I would defiinitely be booking this motel on my next stay in Chi
    • Queen Room

Being near airport and hearing the airplanes.

Customer service was top notch, rooms where very clean, bathroom clean and good location near shopping, bars, and parks.

Fantastic- I would stay here again. Love they allow pets.
    • Queen Room

Maybe a little conscience store down at the desk for shampoos and whatnot would be nice since they aren’t provided but that is more a suggestion than a criticizism

Honestly it was all painted and updated, ‘wood’ floors instead of carpets. Near the airport but sound was very muted of planes flying overhead. Beds were basic but comfortable. Clean room. Nice flat screen tv. That you can walk over to a 24/7 Denny’s- awesome.

Overall it was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no microwave or a fridge. The location is by an airport so I could hear a plane every time it takes off.

Bed was comfortable. The room was simple and nice. The location is not far from the city.

Not great, but ok for the price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No refrigerator or microwave, the place was dirty, it was also really hot in the rooms and when room service came to give us new towels they turned off our air conditioner so we came back to a hot room.

It was cheap and close to the convention center. I also liked that there was a Denny's right next door, which helped considering we couldn't bring our own food for the weekend.

The hotel maids tried to get into our room at 10am instead...
    • Queen Room

The hotel maids tried to get into our room at 10am instead of noon. It scared the he'll out of us while we were sleeping. But lobby staff were really nice.

Noisy, simple and practical.
    • Queen Room

Noisy from airplane and road traffic, A bit poorly connected, super loud fan on the bathroom, paid internet for one single device...

Staff was attentive, close to airport with a comparably low price.

There were spiders on my towels in my room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were spiders on my towels in my room. The beds were not comfortable at all. Housekeeping never came in the room at all while we stayed the two days.

I've never had to pay for WiFi at a motel 6.
    • Queen Room

I've never had to pay for WiFi at a motel 6. It wasn't worth it because I kept getting kicked off and had to enter in my prepaid card password constantly. Very inconvenient. The toilet had no lid and I could hear what everyone else was doing. I didn't even get housekeeping untill the third day. The premises weren't in very good condition and I wouldn't feel safe to leave at night.

Consistently connecting to the internet even though i had...
    • Queen Room

Consistently connecting to the internet even though i had paid for it was very problematic, once i did connect it tended to stay up. Even still i was not overly confident in the network as it always listed as unsecured, so was just using it for news and youtube.

Been better for the money and did not have to pay for internet that worked.
    • Queen Room

Paying for wifi and it was a very bad connection. Only two choices $2.99 for the "slow" speed or $4.99 for the fast speed but no one knew what the speeds were. I tried the 2.99 so I could check email and confirm the last leg of my travel. I could not connect on any of my devices BUT the testings showed I had a 400mb+ connection to the in-house parts. So connection but no internet. I have to say avoid the fact they are charging so much for a horrid service then refuse to give you your money back when it does not work, then there was the rejecting US Military in uniform...NO!

First off, they rejected a young Navy Guy in uniform from checking into a room he pre-booked and paid for. THAT DOES NOT WORK!!!!! I used my ID and got the young man into his room for the night. Buildings were older and looked it, some effort to make the room look good but missing a few of the common it items. No Kettle for hot water, the cost for doing a little laundry was outlandish. They charged $2.50 for soap, fabric softener and then $2.50 for wash and $2.50 for drying and you did the work.

Close to where we needed to be, cozy

Big fan of rooms with ironing boards and an iron for nice attire, this would be an excellent addition to the rooms!

We aren’t in the room much but when we were it was nice!

OK if all you need is a place to sleep and shower.
    • Standard Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access

The floors didn't look clean and the bed wasn't very comfortable.

I liked that it was close to the Rosemont convention center with free parking at a reasonable price.

The front staff were amazingly friendly!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was be on disgustingly dirty. The toilet hit the wall in back when you got up from it. The drains for the bath tub and the sink easily clogged. The ceiling had something splattered on it and there was also something splattered on the desk.

The front staff were amazingly friendly!!!

Easy to find and close to where we needed to go to
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we got there they gave our room away had to find another room almost had to find another place to stay until the guy came out and said they got us a room

Easy to find and close to where we needed to go to

Tiring
    • Queen Room

A guest was outside shouting all night long he would yell for a while get quiet then start up again This went for two nights managed did nothing about it I left exhausted

Nothing comes to mind

Good location at an excellent rate!
    • Queen Room

My room smelled pretty bad like cigarrette smoke, and the toilette didn't flush correctly.

Is a good value hotel, conveniently located and with the necessary amenities.

Very disappointing and a waste of time
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was dirty when we got there,went to the front desk to get a new room and the second one was even more filthy than the first. Beer bottles all over the room and reeked of cigarette smoke. Attendant called the cops on us when we went back and demanded our money back.

A Clean and Comfortable stay close to Ohare
    • Queen Room

Hate having to pay for wifi..

Close to Ohare....room was clean but door locks needed to be better checked. The real plus is there is a Denny right next door so food was easy option at late hour.

I had to slam the door a few times before it closed all the...
    • Queen Room

I had to slam the door a few times before it closed all the way. I had a smoking room with no ashtray no cups and only 2 towels. I stayed there before and the accommodations were better.. Overall I will stay there again just need to make sure the ammedies are well keep.

Staff seemed to b nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The first room they gift me was not clean and the bed was not made. The second room was a little better. It look clean but after been in the room, saw the floor need to be clean, blankets didnt look to clean and bathroom had a weird smell.

Staff seemed to b nice

Clean, safe, comfortable place to stay overnight with an excellent location.

It was fine.

I was in town for a funeral just blocks away. Motel 6 was clean & safe. The price was perfect for my purpose & I was looking for a clean, safe & comfortable place to stay nearby.

First of all, why there is nothing saying that no matter how...
    • Queen Room

First of all, why there is nothing saying that no matter how may people you are booking room have to show their ID? I got late to the hotel, we’ve been driving all day. When I got to hotel with my friend, I went to reception, lady asked me about my ID and my friend. When I said I’m not sure if she has ID with her, she told me she can’t do check in and I have to look for other hotel. In my question why they need other one I got answer, because this hotel is close to airport. I don’t want to be rood but I travel not first time and that’s not my first hotel next to the airport and nobody never used to ask me about all 4 people who’s been living with me in the room for their ID. When I asked about cancel my room I wa told they will charge me for that, so tell me please, where is logic in all of that? When we got room, first of all I’m not sure someone ever doing cleaning, bathroom was dirty, we found a lot of hair on a floor. Same story with bed, our blanket had some dirty spots.

The staff is rude,i arrived a little early, I know check in...
    • Queen Room

The staff is rude,i arrived a little early, I know check in is @ 3..Even though they said a room is ready I still had to wait.The girl behind the desk was very rude about it. The rooms and bathroom was not very clean.

All good for overnight stay

All was fine

10mins taxi ride from airport, located walking distance to shopping mall, good place for overnight stay. Takes 45 mins via Rosemont Blue Line into Chicago. Rosemont station is 25mins walk from hotel. Area felt very safe and has a Denny's/Subway close by.

Stressful for dogs with noise sensitivity.
    • Queen Room

Could hear too much from adjacent room (occupant clearing his throat). Hotel is under the flight path to Chicago ORD, so lots of Jet noise. The access to cross the street to get to the Des Plaines River trail was scary. No visible cross walks - you have to just run when the light turns green.

The laundry was clean and the equipment worked properly. It was close to some nice trails in the Des Plaines River trail system.

The employee changed my room when the first wasn't safe.
    • Queen Room

First room had broken locks. Room they switched me to clearly hadn't been cleaned- bed unmade, tv on, no toilet paper or soap.

The employee changed my room when the first wasn't safe.

If you have your flight early in the morning this hotel is...
    • Queen Room

Well it's a suburb so don't expect something extraordinary. Not too much restaurants, shops... everything is far.

If you have your flight early in the morning this hotel is very good to stay in for a night. Close to the airport. Stuff is very helpful

Terribly horyfyjingly ratchid
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was trash..weirdos drunks walking around? Not safe for kids..Also they even wrote everything. .And the gm wasps supposed to call me..it's been 3 days..I Want a full refund I want my money back on my card or check in the mail..ohh..ice machine broken,construction going on above..felt very unsafe..

There was pubic hair in tub,supposed to have WIFI..none..and the phone in room 147..didn't work

Another customer knock on my door to turn the TV down in...
    • Queen Room

Another customer knock on my door to turn the TV down in which it was low. I called front offices and they did not pick up. I felt very uncomfortable because my Tv was not loud at alll. I ask if I could be move and they said no

Area was good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No microwave or coffee pot. Lot of garbage laying around. Housekeeping came once while we were here and left a bottle of cleaner in the room and never came back.

Area was good

Nope... Nope.. nope..
    • Queen Room

The room smelled and was "damp" .. reminded us of a dungeon almost, the filters in the air conditioner were disgusting, we couldn't even get into our room.. we had to go back and forth 4 times to the front desk to get the kid to finally accept that him trying to reset the key wasn't working and we needed to get into our room... Finally he had one of the housekeepers come let us in.. it was in a good neighborhood per say.. but it looked and felt like it didn't belong there.

Convinence

Good support from the staff, which was quite helpful and...
    • Queen Room

Quite noisy because it's under the flight paths to O'Hare. Would have helped if the main door was more sound proof, which it was not. More quiet during the night though...

Good support from the staff, which was quite helpful and positive.

Real bad service.
    • Queen Room

Everything not body clean the room and if you requested the service they do it when they feel like, not when you need it

Nothing, bad service not clean at all.

I came in late and asked to speak to a manager and even called back a week later, but no call back.
    • Queen Room

I asked for the manager to call me because Booking.com and I disagreed on the date and I was booked a day earlier. No one called and Booking.com could not help me either.

Great value for a quick overnight stay.
    • Queen Room

A/C worked great but was rather loud, which was good since that did help with white noise for sleeping. We chose this area because a friend lived near and didn't realize there was so much air-traffic noise, which made sleeping-in hard to do. Coffee in hotel lobby ran out before I got there at 9.

This hotel is a good value for the money - rooms were neat. Bed was okay - not great but not bad. A/C worked great and plenty of hot water and water pressure for shower. Landscaping was really nice and well kept.

Bed and pillows were great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No snacks or light breakfast options, only coffee. No computer or business center to work at.

Bed and pillows were great. Room was decently clean and recently renovated.

Never again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was very, very dirty including the bed linen. In airport flight path so very noisy. Last plane flew over at 3.00 in the morning. Neighbours air con noisy. No drinks in the room(coffee, tea), no hair-dryer. At least TV worked

Staff helpful

Friendly and helpful staffs, they were all nice :)
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirty bathroom and towels, there even hair on two of the towels :( Its closed to the airport, so you can hear the planes landing often, which means lots of noises

Friendly and helpful staffs, they were all nice :)

convenient location near Ohare airport
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom door was broken.

It was close to the airport that was convenient for the late flight. Staff was friendly with a warm greeting. Surrounded by gas station and Danny's, very convenient.

Bad experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I don't. Like everything in that property i keep telling my complain to all the stuffs in different times but all of them are not proffessionals. For 5 days the beed sheet was not changing for all my stay even though i inform them to change it. Bad experience for first time with this motel from booking.com

Location good, facilities and wifi basic.
    • Queen Room

I was disappointed we had to pay for Wifi given wifi was one of the reasons advertised that we booked this place. The instructions for the wifi weren't clear either and then it wouldn't work. The shower was also cold and the toiletries only included one bar of soap. I'm used to basic accommodation but it is a bit disappointing for the price.

Location, close to airport.

This experience was not good!!!!!!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were no extra towel and sheets and the iron we requested was not in the room....there were no chairs....the toilet kept running all night..... there was only a small about of toilet paper and the above items were not brought to the room. The front desk clerk was rude and I had go get the items from the front desk.....this was a horrible experience..... will not stay here again Herman Allen

The bed was very comfortable!!!!!!!

Worst Motel 6 experience ever
    • Queen Room

Ice machines didn't work No refrigerator 2 adults in room, only 1 bath towel and it was damp Floor sticky near bed No 'Do Not Disturb' sign available Toilet didn't flush well Hot water was warm and not much of it Staff was indifferent and dismissive Toiletry bag had been opened and reclosed (zipper was in different place than I always leave it) when we were out of room Extra cost for typical complementary items like shampoo WiFi wasn't free and if you wanted more than 1 Mbs, it cost more.

Cheapest room available near convention center

Almost everything else about the hotel was fine.
    • Queen Room

Paying for the Wi-Fi, then a little more for "premium Wi-Fi" was hilarious to me. Didn't pay for it but I found it laughable. Also the staff wasn't the most hospitable.

Almost everything else about the hotel was fine. Rooms were very clean and I didn't fear for my safety.

Reservation nightmare
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I changed my reservation online a month in advance on booking.com from 1 bed to 2 beds as my friend was splitting the room. I arrive in Chicago. I had the printed revised reservation. But on the desk records, it had my name wrong and only a 1 bed room. This confirmed change was in their books. The desk clerk would not budge or call anyone to correct. I sat in the office for 2 hours trying to hash this out with the booking.com agent. The desk clerk would still not budge even after talking to the agent. So we called corporate office. Then they called the desk clerk. They had to rearrange something to get to let me have my room. This occurred because the Motel 6 branch did not receive the email change from corporate office. It was sent to them, in the same email this change confirmation was sent to me. So at least the main office received it. I didn't like how the clerk acted like I was trying to pull some scam & would not listen to me or the booking.com agent. On top of awful desk service. The incompetent housecleaners never changed the sheets, emptied the trash or even cleaned except for the very last day. They never once gave us fresh towels, even after several requests. The door of the room would hardly shut. You had to slam the door and wiggle the handle to make sure your room was locked going & coming. The design of the room was clean but there were open punctures in the wall of the shower room. The price was decent but the headache I went through when I was checking in is something I don't want to go through again. I didn't appreciate how the desk clerk had a condescending, surly attitude toward me especially when I remained polite & calm the entire time. The booking.com agent was also put off how the desk clerk would not give me the room when she confirmed in person that I am to have a 2 bed room from my legitimate online change a month prior.

Clean room to begin with but housekeeping never came by the entire time. There is a Denny's restaurant close by. That was very handy. Cheap affordable price. Great location

I could feel the springs in the bed as I turned but the...
    • Queen Room

I could feel the springs in the bed as I turned but the pillow was extremely comfortable. I was there for a 6-day stay there was no carpet so the floor got pretty gross and wasn't very clean to start with. But it was right by the discount outlet mall that I absolutely loved

There was no free wifi unlike in most hotels or motels.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no free wifi unlike in most hotels or motels. Very inconvenient for someone just passing through to have to buy internet time in 24-hour blocks. No fridge or coffee-making facilities.

Close to O'Hare
    • Queen Room

The motel felt a little rundown. It seemed clean, but just a little ragged around the edges. We weren't expecting a lot for the money, so it wasn't bad.

We missed a connecting flight out of O'Hare and needed a place close by for the night. This motel fit the bill and was very reasonable. That was our main criteria. We didn't expect it to be luxurious or fancy. It was adequate and that was what we needed. It also was next door to a Denny's which allowed us to get breakfast at 5 am and make it to the airport by 6. It did have a great TV!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Close to the airport.
    • Queen Room

We couldn't leave our bags at the hotel after checking out. We had 10 hours before our flight and planned on spending the day in Chicago, but we couldn't because we couldn't leave our bags. We ended up walking around O'hare for 10 hours instead. NOT FUN! As an airport near a major hotel you should expect travelers. Travelers have bags. Travelers can't carry all their bags around the city with them.

Close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Tried it..... never again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The facility was loud as heck. The air conditioner didn't work. Non of ice machines worked. Didn't get any amenities. Tried getting cold water to drink from faucet only came out hot. When took a shower drain did not work. Even when went to bed and got up the next day there was still water in the tub. You could hear every plane landing. So I did not sleep at all. The place leaked meaning door did not seal. When the lights were off at night you could see light around door. Did not feel safe.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Not bad for the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds weren't the most comfortable and you can here the planes every so often flying over the hotel

The room was clean I liked the wood laminate floors instead of dirty carpet. The beds were a little too firm for me but pillows were good

Near to the international airport
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No free wifi No coffee/tea making facility & no fridge No ironing facilities & no hangers! Had to ask for some My room was not cleaned for the 2 days that I stayed

Near to the international airport

Not worth a second glance
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not worth the money, expensive place, rubbish value for money, having to pay for wifi when you've paid so much for the room is outrageous.

I liked that I only stayed one night

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Poor booking
    • Queen Room

Toilet was broken. My room was booked by someone else by the same last name meaning someone was too lazy to check id's. Then when given a different room I was going to get changed an extreme amount more than what I had already booked. Finally found a room in my booking range but I still had to pay more than what was booked. Asked why and dude couldn't give me a solid answer. Just said city taxes.

Rude customer service
    • Queen Room

Office staff was awfully rude, No free WiFi, TV signal not strong enough, noisy room, paper thin walls. If you want to have rest, this motel is not a good choise.

Location. 2.5mile from car rental drop off, next to a gas station. Free parking. Local shops available. Pet friendly place.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Our room reeked of smoke and didn't know about paying...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Close to airport and listened to planes flying over the motel til around 11pm. Seemed to stop after that. Decent night's sleep for a quick stay

Our room reeked of smoke and didn't know about paying for Wi-Fi. Told front desk and they moved us quick to a better room and gave me free Wi-Fi.

Liar staff and blood stain, dirty toilet
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a blood stained in the toilet sitter, the front desk wasn't nice, we booked through booking.com and we supposed to pay only 71$ but the staff told us its in different price because she said it's a premium room and there's no more regular room. Funny I've been working in hotels and I was managing a hotels before but that was first time ever happened that the price was changed. And front desk was such a liar, she was telling to the walk in guest and asked if there's a vacant room but she said no vacant. Big big liar!!! Never again!! Horrible experience!!

The staff really rude.
    • Queen Room

The staff really rude... worse costumer service I book my room through Booking.com and when i got there the receptionist told me that they didn't have any room with just one bed, i told her that i made my reservation online and show her my confirmation and she told me that they didn't have any single rooms available and that i have had to get the double room and pay the regular price... i asked for any number to call costumer service which she never did and instead was rushing me to get the room or leave. It was really late at night so i took the room and pay the price she told me for a double room. I would never stay at this franchise, they don't know how to treat their costumers.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Good deal for a quick stay.
    • Queen Room

Because it's close to the airport it was a bit noisy from time to time.

The room was super clean, you could tell housekeeping did an excellent job. I also liked the fact that I felt safe, which when you travel alone can be important.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Not happy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Heater didnt work , second and third room gave my wife an allergic reaction , hotel attendant said she gave us a refund , but still waiting on that

Not much

Friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room didn't look like it had been cleaned since the last guest and there were hairs on the sheets. It was a very dingy room and no hair dryer!

Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Motel 6 for one night
    • Queen Room

Cleanliness was miserable. Bed comfort was acceptable but questionable if sheets have been changed. 2017 and no free Internet service which is very bothersome for international travelers. Price increased from actual booking.com booking.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

l never stay there,its dirty
    • Queen Room

no shamppo, bed sheet dirty the wall are dirty, under bed are really dirty, the small table next to the bed the surface dirty and sticky they didnt clean t after the last customer, the dry blood on the wall, i never see motel like this .

nothing to like about this motel

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

I like it overall
    • Queen Room

I stayed for two days but they didn't clean my room after the first night

I liked the cable in the room and the service at Desk, the check in and check out were very easy and quick

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Standard american motel
    • Queen Room

Although, the rooms were renovated- they already start to look worse - and the biggest problem is that its dirty. So, its better not to look closely on the floor.

Proximity to the airport, nice staff at the reception. If You are really tired after a long journey, it will be ok just for one night sleep.