Reviews of Motel 6 Scottsdale 3 stars

6848 East Camelback Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, USA

#62 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The front desk clerk when checking inn was very and gratelly...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

House keeping entered room even if they knew it wasn't vacated

The front desk clerk when checking inn was very and gratelly consistent and proactive in helping us on getting established in are stay and very accountable. Thanks much Paola

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Nice pool and walking distance to the large upmarket mall.
    • Standard Queen Room

As there was no breakfast we called into the diner next door. It was expensive

Nice pool and walking distance to the large upmarket mall. Helpful staff

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

I stay here alot it's priced right and I do feel safe there!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing I would like changed is the channels on the tv they don't have the variety they should!

The location is good and staff is very nice!

The staff made it very pleasant . They were so friendly and helpful!
    • Standard Queen Room

There was noise running up and down the sidewalk from other guests that woke me up at 330am I

The staff were amazing! And landscaping beautiful & well done!

Must stay in Scottsdale!
    • Standard Queen Room

None at all, only the blowdryer weather in Scottsdale when I was there in mid-May.

Very good value for money and location to the Fashion District shopping area. Will definitely stay here again when I am in the area. Breakfast is not provided, but there is a diner just next door that serves good breakfast. Feels more like a hotel rather than a motel.

The location is great right next to Fashion Square,...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Some of the staff didn't care at all You have to pay for wifi

The location is great right next to Fashion Square, Camelback mountain, Old Town, Entertainment district ... you have everything for any type of leisure. Didn't like all the staff but Jazmine was very sweet and Joy incredible! They really made the difference Clean and comfortable

Bed with pillows was really comfortable.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Double bed was more like a single bed plus. One of The staff did not know where to buy drinking water.

Bed with pillows was really comfortable. Shower area was big.

Awesome!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

One thing I requested for a non smoking and we arrived it did smell like cigarettes. But after like 2 hours the smell went away so no biggie.

Loved their pillows, and the fact that the pool was near our room also had a breakfast spot on the property. We requested for extra pillows and they were very nice about it and gave us more :). I will definitely book again in the future.

Enjoyed staying at Scottsdale and the Motel 6, we go every year for the spring training :)
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We had a room with an adjoining door to the other room and there is noise that comes through the door, I don’t know if they have a noise barrier to put in between the two doors but maybe a piece of foam what muffle some of the sounds, other than that this place is wonderful.

The staff at the front desk it was absolutely amazing, the pool area and the hotel was very clean, and location is absolutely perfect for staying in Scottsdale and getting around, I would definitely stay here again.

Staff was really helpful& nice!
    • Standard Queen Room

Mattress & pillows are fair, depending on how many people are there the car noise can be loud. But again this is the cheapest price of any hotel around!

Staff was really helpful& nice! Location was ideal,price was a bargain if you don’t mind having a room w/ just the basics.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only window was facing the walkway to the room so there was no privacy if the curtains were open. It was just an over night stay, so the all the other factors made it an excellent choice.

Great location. Great restaurant next door!!!! Nice pool and hot tub. Economical for a short stay.

Great location and great room for the money.. No complaints ....
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was very comfortable clean and nicely furnished...We will defiantly stay here the next time we come to Scottsdale. They even have a delightful pancake house right next door..

Location was the best thing I liked.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was a bit hard and uncomfortable for my taste, and the pillows were not very comfortable. Mainly, the water temp was set too low for a nice hot shower.

Location was the best thing I liked.

After all my stay was great and will definitely book again in the future.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Just one small thing, my room was a non-smoking and when we first walked in it did smell like cigarettes.

Everything was great in the rooms! Love the fact that our room was near the pool! I was able to jump in for a while.

Great stay, love Scottsdale.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Not much to complain about!

Great location for walking to the restaurants and bars. Affordable, clean and everyone was friendly! Having the Original Pancake restaurant right next door made starting the day very convenient!! 👍 And they cleaned the room everyday.

Hector from the front desk was amazing!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hector from the front desk was amazing! We got there early due to our flight and he let us store our bags until our room was ready. The check in was fast and efficient, and was so close to everything that we could walk! I’m glad I found this place I will definitely be back!

I’ll stay there again.

Bed was a bit hard.

The property is within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. Having a restaurant on the premises (rare for motel 6) made early breakfast easy.

Clean, affordable, bare bones accommodation in downtown Scottsdale.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Small rooms. Walls are thin and there was a very noisy party during our stay. The motel allows smoking right outside the rooms, so it come through the vents. Yuck!

Very clean . Friendly staff. The location is great, with a fabulous breakfast restaurant next door.

Good defiantly outways the bad. Would come back to this motel if I came back to this area
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Water in shower is not very hot, was warm but warm enough for me. Bed not the most comfortable. I don’t know if it’s because there are no box springs but my hips are kinda sore from sleeping on my side.

Staff was very nice at check in. Room cleaned nicely everyday. Right next to Fashion Square Mall, very easy walk. Shopping and movie theater next door.

It is really a great place, many attractions just in walking...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Wifi is not included in room price, and it could be better for 4.99 . I asked to change towels, but they just did not

It is really a great place, many attractions just in walking distance

Within walking distance to Famous Historical Old Town...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

You can hear everything in the next room. The connecting doors make it very hard to sleep once the neighboring person even coughs.

Within walking distance to Famous Historical Old Town Scottsdale

close to everything in scottsdale

the room was very small the lighting was sparse very expensive for a motel 6

loved the convenience of the location the room was clean the staff was lovely free coffee in lobby

Convenient location and priced right.
    • Standard Queen Room

no hairdryers in room & when I asked for one at the front desk I was told that there were only eight hairdryers for the entire motel!!!! She loaned me one but wanted it back for other guests..... This is a fifteen dollar item and MUST be in every room!! Truly, a NO BRAINER!!!!

the overall experience was much better than I anticipated. The motel staff was very good -- especially Gail who checked me in and ultimately changed my room to a better location. She could not have been nicer & she is truly an asset to Motel 6.

Bring your own Towels!
    • Standard Queen Room

Towels are like sandpaper. No shampoo or conditioner. If you had better quality towels and shampoo, conditioner and a hair dryer, it would have been more comfortable and convenient. Those little perks are a comfort.

Location and cleanliness

Check facilities
    • Standard Queen Room

I asked if we could change room to one with a fridge and microwave but she declined as we'd paid a cheaper rate. No coffee or tea making and not free wifi

Ground floor ,big bathroom

Great place to stay, with friendly, helpful staff.
    • Deluxe Room - Disability Access

All of the Motel 6's that we have stayed at, including this one, needed to have the floors cleaned. A few minutes with a mop would really help.

The room was very comfortable, and the staff was very friendly and helpful, even though one of the office staff was obviously new, she worked hard to see that we were well cared for.

It was safe and pleasant, and I watched some good movies!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It did not offer a hair blower, iron nor ironing board. There were no additional blankets, and the bed only had a thin sheet and cover. However, I could regulate the temperature.

The motel is right next to Fashion Square in Scottsdale, within walking distance of the River Walk, Old Town, bars, books stores, & close to ASU. My car's parking was directly across the front door.

It was clean
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a bare bones property and there were not even any kleenex. For one night only it was fine but if I was on vacation it wouldn't have worked. It was just a place for us to sleep instead of driving home late.

Not that great
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Could not enter my room with the room key on multiple occasions in any one day. Had to have the key recoded several times and the staff blamed me. Said I went thru a metal (or inventory) detector at a store or had the key to close to my cell phone. That was not the case in almost every instance. Only once did I go to a store with a detector.

Good location.

Tv didn’t work well.
    • Deluxe Room - Disability Access

Tv didn’t work well. It seemed like locals frequent this location for parties and hanging out. Too bad as it was a nice location for this kind of activity

Great location, quality poor.
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

Checkin was very disorganized even though I had reservation. No hot water in the room

I liked the location of the Hotel. but no hot water, and checking in was very difficult and disorganized.

Perfect for my trip for my high school class party, looking forward to trying the restaurant.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

No free Wifi. but for $3.00 I could get on line for a day. No biggie.

The room has a fridge, microwave, very clever use of space for all of one's needs. Very clean and practical. And next door to the best shopping in Scottsdale, AZ. The price vs. everything else makes this the perfect, efficient immaculate place to stay. I'll be back. But it's far from a spa resort, not its intention.

Great location Shopping mall was just to the side of the...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Great location Shopping mall was just to the side of the Motel Trolley to Old Town Scottsdale just 2 mins walk away. Old town was only about 10 mins walk. Nice clean comfy room great value for money. Would stay here again.

Good cheap accommodations.should include wifi.
    • Standard Queen Room

Walls thin. If unlucky to have a loud neighbor, say goodbye to your sleep! Extra $5 for wifi each night is pretty steep.

Clean and simple room. Close to mall.

Great value, great spot.
    • Standard Queen Room

You are at the mercy of your neighbour. Ours were fine but my "kids" (teen and early 20s) had a party going on next to them, which got a bit too raucous. Wouldn't put me off though.

Free coffee, very comfortable beds, walking distance to some lovely restaurants. Pool was lovely, staff were great.

I appreciate the value for the amount of times Dave but seriously no toiletries in the rooms ?!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The atmosphere was a bit off-putting $2 for bottles of water no microwaves in the rooms housekeeping was a bit lackluster in their efforts to keep things tidy unsavory characters wandering in the parking lot the usual for Motel

It was super convenient to get to the mall I was literally Mall adjacent which was very nice for lunch in Old Town Scottsdale.

mall there to eat and movies, easy to airporr
    • Standard Queen Room

the pillows were to full, smelled of smoke. I forgot shampoo and they didn't have any

bed was comfortable and updated rooms nicely designed. laundry facicilites. restaurant right near by.

I loved the Modern look of the room.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like all the restrictions for parking on the property. I had some friends stop by while we all went to dinner for my birthday and it was just a hassle to get parking for them.

I loved the Modern look of the room.

Decent, but disappointed in having to pay for wifi and it not working
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I paid for premium wifi because it said it was the option for streaming videos and it did not load any streaming video for more than 10 seconds without it having to buffer again. Waste of money

I liked the location and cleanliness

Looked bad on the outside, had second thoughts but was pleasantly surprised by upgrades and staff.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

A/c was off when I got to room took a long time to cool down. With being in Phoenix should be left on at least 77-78 or even 80 much better then 100

Walking distance to the fashion square

Good value for the cost

It was not clean.

I loved the large open space of the room and the interesting furniture scheme. It had everything someone would need during a stay there.

Good location and price.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room smelled like someone had smoked in it and it was a non-smoking room. The pool and hot tub were ony open from 9am-9:30pm. Not very convenient for us.

Good location.

I love the location I love the staff the Wi-Fi sucks
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The people that they rented to when I first came there about 3 years ago there were a lot of Travelers this time it seemed like they rent to a lot of sketchy looking people not to be so judgemental or anything but it's the truth I felt at first uncomfortable but when I started talking to the people that were over there it was so bad but if I didn't have a reservation then I most likely wouldn't have booked a room here

The staff was amazing gave me the information that I needed told me the truth about the internet which was not that well on a certain part of the building not very many inexpensive restaurants close by which I was also informed

Great value & close to Old Town
    • Deluxe Queen Room

air conditioner didn't cool as well as we would of liked

This was our 4th time staying here It's clean updated and close to what we come to Scottsdale for

All in all a pretty good stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Some of the other guests were loud. But that's to be expected when people are on vacation.

The location. The room was really cute with a little rable and banquette seating. Also had a mini fridgr. Liked the wood like floors. And the shower was roomy.

Clean, friendly staff, pets welcome.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Covered parking would make it better. Also a coffee pot/machine in rooms. There was no coffee in office one morning of our stay.

Ice cold & AC worked great!

the bed was comfortable and the staff was nice and polite...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

They should have a small fridge inside the room so that you can keep food cold and should also have a microwave so that you are able to heat up food.

the bed was comfortable and the staff was nice and polite and they have security on site at night.

Exceeded our expectations
    • Standard Queen Room

There were no closets in the room, just shelves

All the employees were super friendly, the property is well kept and the location is excellent for where we needed to be

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Hotel = good....Paying for Wi-Fi = bad
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

Paid Wi-Fi? Really? That should be included. You shouldn't have to pay additional money something that most hotels include in your stay for free.

Staff was funny and really helpful. Great location and easy to check in and out.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Rude front desk and expensive wifi
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk staff was completely rude and disrespectful she wouldn't give me an upstairs room because I had three guests. I asked for a smoking room and she told me they didn't have any, OK then she said it's a 200 dollar fine if you smoke in the room, then she said you can even smoke outside your own room even though I saw numerous guest doing just that! The pet policy wasn't enforced she said my pet had to be caged the whole time I walked past numerous rooms with animals unattended and out of carriers. They wifi was 2.99 for 24 hrs but it's ridiculously slow we went to change and she said no you can't once you put one code on it stays there for the full length. I did not enjoy this stay the front desk lady truly ruined it for us. Never again!

The mall

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Poor Hotel
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

Small room Small hard bed No where to put anything No hair dryer No clock No tea or coffee in room Had to pay extra for rubbish wi fi Front desk staff were not friendly Been on a road trip and this hotel was not value for money

Had a pool

Good stay- only a few things missing for me
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

I wish there was a fridge/microwave in the room. Very little bathroom counter space. But I was also in a handicap accessible room, so that may be why.

Downtown Scottsdale great location
    • Standard Queen Room

We spent 1 nite and stayed 1 more. Each time we would go to the front office the night clerk was always Surly towards us. She seemed just a unhappy person. So be prepared. The day girl was very nice to include the house keeping staff as well.

Great location for the price.

You get what you pay for. Overall, it was okay for a Motel 6
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I didn't like that there is absolutely NO conveniences within walking distance for miscellaneous supplies like food, toiletries or the like, nor are there any gyms or similarly expected businesses nearby. The room has no iron, no blow dryer, closet or storage space either. Pillows are too fat, gave me neck pain.

Price was decent and if I was a retail shopper willing to wait until late morning to shop, it's right next doors to high end shopping mall.

No complaints other than premium price paid.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Most expensive Motel 6 I've ever stayed in. Nothing wrong with it but it is only a Motel 6.

An OK place centrally located in Scottsdale. Everything seemed nice. Standard Motel 6 offering but well executed.

Stay somewhere else !
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The in room refrigerator sounded like an international harvester farm machine. It was loud and inhibited my sleep. The room had a unusable telephone. I had no way to get a wake up call. My travel alarm was working poorly. I had to worry about getting up early enough to make my appointments. I slept poorly for two nights. I spoke to the office personnel (two different women) and got no answers as to whether the problems would be addressed. I decided to check out after two nights, and got a refund on my initial payment for five nights.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Inexpensive, clean, convenient
    • Standard Queen Room

Thin walls. Could hear neighbors' conversation clearly. Motel is tucked in next to the mall. Safe but not pretty area.

nicely, upgraded bathroom. Clean. Adjacent to great Pancake House. Pool looked very clean. Great value for the money.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Clean and comfortable
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was really nothing we didn't like. This isn't the place to stay if you want a high end hotel, but it was comfortable and safe and the best value we could find. There was not fridge in the room.

The location was superb! We walked across the street and were able to get a free shuttle that would take us everywhere we wanted to go! The Pancake House next door had great food and service. The place was friendly, clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Would not pick this motel again.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed was a double only 1 bed in room. Room was extremely small.

Bathroom was big but no space to put meds, personel items or even toothpaste & toothbrushes.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

NEVER AGAIN
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ad needs describe bed as an all in one, mattress and box spring NOT as comfy as separate pieces. Water pressure for showers was pathetic @ any time of day. NO BARS IN SHOWER, tub floor was not flat, dangerous footing.

Excellent south Scottsdale location

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Very basic facility, very clean but missing small things...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy bathroom fan, no tissue paper, small bath towels, very thin walls which transmit noise clearly.

Very basic facility, very clean but missing small things that would improve the rating. Great place for a short stay for a family (good pool) or solo traveler (shopping mall and restaurants) , but not for a couples getaway. Also a great location at a very good price.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Budget Accomodation
    • Standard Queen Room

No tea or coffee facilities. No fridge. No wi fi in room. Restaurant closed in afternoon. Noise from room above.

Handy location for Scottsdale - walking distance to shops restaurants etc. OK for overnight stop. Clean, tidy and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Room was clean and seemed new or renovated.
    • Standard Queen Room

Extremely basic motel. Had to pay $3.25 extra for Internet that hardly worked. Not even shampoo in rhetoric bathroom, no coffee machine. Way overpriced. The most expensive accommodation of our trip to Las Vegas and Arizona, but the most expensive and forgettable one.

Room was clean and seemed new or renovated. Pool.

Except for the toilet thing the room was a good deal!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The refrigerator had left over food in it, a hair in the clean bath tub, but the worst thing was the size of the toilet! For a big person it was way to short!

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Great value
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing. It served our purpose well. We needed a nice clean safe place to stay for the night while traveling.

Price was great for location. The employees take pride in the property. It was clean and well taken care of.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

The manager and lady at the front desk (l don't remember...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The manager and lady at the front desk (l don't remember her name but she had long black and red braids) were very kind and helped us more then enough

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

A diamond in the rough.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Lack of good soundproof in ceiling.

View of Camel Back mountain. Proximity to breakfast restaurant, shopping, and old town Scottsdale. Free coffee in lobby.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

The hotel was quiet and worked for the trip I was on
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

That you have to pay daily for wifi. Spending even $100 a night one should not have to pay for wifi. Especially when you can get free wifi at many restaurants that you only spend a few hours in

The hotel was quiet and worked for the trip I was on

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

bummed out
    • Standard Queen Room

The floor above us was squeaky and wasn't sound proofed. This was compounded by the guests in that room were rude pacers and kept us awake until 2 pm , then again at 4 am to finally wake us at 5 am. We could hear when they used the bathroom, going and flushing, which seemed too often for any normal person(s)

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

We liked that we could ask the front desk for an iron and...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pillows are never comfortable so we always bring our own.

We liked that we could ask the front desk for an iron and board and return it when we were done! We loved our location and the price for it - we walked virtually everywhere!

Old Town Scottsdale's best kept secret!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The A/C unit fan was not strong - OK for winter but would be a problem for summer. As a non-smoker, I did not appreciate guests smoking just outside rooms.

Fan in the bathroom, very clean, updated property, very safe, well-lighted, security guard, accommodating staff, laundry room, beautiful, clean pool- Old Town Scottsdale's best kept secret! Right behind Fashion Square Mall!

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Who would have thought a motel 6 could be so great

Towels

I was pleasantly surprised with our stay. The hotel was immaculate. The bed very comfortable. The location was fabulous. I will definitely look at reviews versus stars in the future. This motel was reviewed well but I think it only received two stars. I would rate this motel 3.5 stars.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

a pleasant surprise!
    • Standard Queen Room

I'm fussy about beds, and the towels are still minimal.

Wow! haven't been in a Motel 6 in a long time, and while the room was small, but adequate, it was very "well appointed." Nice clean, modern look! and right between Neiman-Marcus and Nordstrom downtown!

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Great location - Efficient use of space
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Paying for WiFi seems archaic. Didn't like that you have to get hair dryer, iron, etc. from the office and that coffee is only available there as well. I realize those help drive up costs, but they all add to the comfort of a room.

Friendly and helpful staff. Well lit motel that felt safe. Very clean and quiet. Rooms weren't large by any means, but they make the most of the space.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Ability to control room temperature.
    • Standard Queen Room

No vanity space. No Kleenex. No hair dryer. Loud bathroom fan. Pubic hair in tub. TV quite small. Basic, inexpensive mattress. Gap under entry door.

Ability to control room temperature. Location adjacent to Fashion Square. Pretty quiet considering location.

Browse Motel 6 Scottsdale traveller photo gallery