Reviews of Motel 6 South Padre Island 2 stars

4013 Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island, TX 78597, USA

#41 of 58 hotels in South Padre Island

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Room was cozy and bed was comfortable.
    • Standard Room

Room was cozy and bed was comfortable. The A/C wasn't cooling as much but it was still comfortable. Staff was understanding during checkout because I thought it was at 12 but actually is was 11.

RUN HORRIBLE
    • Standard Room

If there was any way to give a negative 0 I would this place has been the worst stay of my life I would've been better off on the street. The first room that was given to us smelled like the sewage was backed up pulled back the covers and the sheets was full of hair toilet kept running it smelled horrible. 2nd room Same thing with the sheets and the hair with burn holes in them the floor hadn't been swept are mopped and the roaches was beyond horrible they was everywhere crawling up the walls on the bed floor bathroom we was told that we couldn't switch to another room we had to go out and buy cotton balls just to put in our ears I will never ever recommend this hotel to anyone not even the devil.

Nothing AT ALL

No charge for pets
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Floors and shower were in need of a deep clean. I would not walk around barefoot. AC does not keep up with the heat outside. It is an act of Congress to get a washcloth when housekeeping forgets to provide them.

No charge for pets

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

If staying for one night is great bed and a shower that’s...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If you stay more than one day your room doesn’t get clean up. Ask for clean towels and didn’t get any.

If staying for one night is great bed and a shower that’s about all.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

We had really fun begging in your motel and great business you have going on .
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Well I don’t have anything about negative thoughts but everything was awesome 😎.

I did had a good sleep on the beds and I like the distance for the beach and your swimming pool, and your staff did good job.

Awesome time we had very friendly people.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Could have been a little better on service. Other than that everything was okay.

Great staff and very friendly and helpful. The place was clean and a good place near by the shopping stores.

Not happy will not go back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Size of room was to small; four adults could not walk at the same time.floor tile popping up and dirty; a/c was not working and I had to go buy a fan for room. Swimming pool was too small. Cigarette buts all over the place.

Location close to beach and big bathroom

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Front staff was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very small. No microwave or fridge. Tiny shower. No towels in the room. Wi-Fi was not working well for the two days we were there. Dirty pool water.

Front staff was good. Stay was okay. Pet friendly.

location is next to a restaurant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

no towels and we were never brought any even after asking. super small bed was literally butted up against the AC . way too over priced for the size of the room.

location is next to a restaurant.

Location was nice but you can’t really go wrong with...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty, room smelled so strong of bleach that it made us sick. Drugs being used at pool. One towel given to us for 4 people and 4 days - office said they were out of clean towels when asked for more.

Location was nice but you can’t really go wrong with location anywhere on the island

Cómodo y buen precio.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Humo en mi cuarto una noche, no pudimos dormir mi esposa e hijas.

Location close to the beach, price and in front of hotel I can take the Isla bus and go arround the city.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Signal on tv was bad the light will go out there was roaches wifi will turn on and off my kids didnt like the place really bad experience pool was all dirty wouldnt go back

So far so good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was too small no fridge coffee pot

Location was ok room was too small for two bedrooms cleanliness was fair staff was really helpful but I think this location needs more maintenance and cosmetic repairs

What i liked was that it was close to the beach,fast check...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed smelled like pee,the shower was leaking water all over the place so only very few water was coming out through the shower head.It didnt have a fridge to put my food and drinks

What i liked was that it was close to the beach,fast check in process

Great service staff was amazing and super nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lady screaming her head off downstairs. A/C / heating units wasn’t functional. Ice machine wasn’t working either.

Great service staff was amazing and super nice. Rooms were clean with easy check in and check out.

It was an amazing awesome time 🤙
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There's a crazy tone of people there So be early and be on time or be super super early and get ready for a fun filled time just be safe put away ur belongings and be very careful of pedestrians and cars

The lugdury of staying there and hanging out with my friends and family and just having a wonderful time with them and enjoying every single moment of fun and action and adventure it's just an all around fun time

The price was good if you just want a place to lay your head.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room needs a major overhaul, flooring was popping up, shower was so small I must as have bathed at a rest stop. To top it off the crammed 2 full sized beds in this room which made it EXTREMELY uncomfortable to maneuver ourselves around in this room. Technically they should only have one bed in this room it might be a lot more comfortable.

The price was good if you just want a place to lay your head.

Horrible. Will never stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The floors were dirty, the blankets had cigarette burns the bathroom was nasty therer were no fresh towels and the room was designed for one bed not two full beds

Th

Hard to sleep, dirty, not happy at all!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds are hard as rocks. A/c did not work well Mold and mildew in the bathroom/ shower No slide lock Holes in floor Rude staff Very small parking lot, hard to park in My sheets where dirty!!! For the price I paid and the fact is was a motel 6 very very sad!!

Location was really good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shower was dirty. Not enough towels. Towels had a smell. One of the ice machines out of order. Coke machine out of order. The area where the machines were was dirty. All closed in areas had a dirty mop smell. Over paid for the room. Just not what I expected.

Location was really good

Good rate for location, but very small room
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the room was extremely small, there were only 3 of us, 2 full size beds, a small table and we could not even get by each other, very cramped the shower is this small half circle thing, no light in it so its dark when showering and not much room in it - no bathtub the A/C unit didn't blow hard on high, it was the same speed as low so at night you have to put it all the way down to a low 60 setting to get it cool enough to sleep

the location and price are the selling point of this property

Water pressure was slow, so toilet did not flush well...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Water pressure was slow, so toilet did not flush well because of the pressure ,we also has small roaches in the room. So no did not enjoy the stay there.

The room I expected had more room and was bigger for the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room I expected had more room and was bigger for the amount I was paying. Instead I get a very tiny room with a small shower no tub, no drawer for my clothes. The moment you walk in the two beds and tiny nightstand is all you see. And that's the room. Walk a few steps and there's the restroom. I have stayed at motel 6's before and they rooms were great and roomy not this tiny little thing. It was a child's room. I wouldn't book at this location again. For the amount I spent I excepted more. This was ridiculous.

I had to go ask for towels and wash rags every day for us to...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had to go ask for towels and wash rags every day for us to take a shower and one night they gave us towels only and told us to use the corner of the towel for wash rag. Cause they had no more wash rags. And they never changed the sheet on bed we stayed 3 nights

The showers were very modern and unique
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Most motels now days come with free wifi, you had to pay for it here. The mattresses were kind of stiff and they sat on what looked like a 2 inch ply board. The beds were very uncomfortable. The blankets were very thin so we had to keep it kind of warm in the room.

The showers were very modern and unique

Clean, comfy, and great location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our sleep was interrupted one night by someone knocking on our door... kind of weird. But called the super nice hotel staff and they took care of it right away.

GREAT value! I was honestly surprised at this great price, that the room was so clean, beds were comfy, and perfect location in the central part of South Padre! Clearly the rooms have been recently remodeled, with nice wood laminate floors, new beds, and nice sink and shower.

Excellant staff but uncomfortable mattresses!! :\
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The mattresses are very old and uncomfortable and the parking spaces are not assignated to a room so we had to park far away from our room.

The staff was very polite and helpful!! Good jobs girls!!!! Thanks

Roaches
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My room was full of roaches. The roaches were on the bed, walls and floors. We left at 1am and didn't stay the rest of the night. We also found a dead fly in the sheets. It was uncomfortable. I did not want my children sleeping there. I hope this issue is fixed.

The location and friendly staff. Ivy was very helpful and has amazing customer service.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was extremely small there was hardly any walking room.we had tons of luggage it was two adults and two children and it was so uncomfortable for four days. The room only had a shower which was very small as well. The pool was a kid pool the cups of coffee was so small.you needed three cups to make a full cup of coffee.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.Someone always was around to answer my questions or give us clean towels and the hotel is located right at the center of everything on the island so we had easy access to whatever we needed.

Embarrassing, Dirty, Wast of money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing there to like parking was bad rooms were small and smelled pool was disgusting beer bottles everywhere lots of sand in the bottom of the pool people drinking out side hotel till 5 6 in the morning and beds were super uncomfortable and sheets were dirty...... never again

Nothing was to like about this place.... most of the staff knew no English... Front dest was somewhat helpful

Horrible experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Restroom shower was way too small, the water pressure was horrible. There was hardly any water cooler.e out of the shower and sink! My hotel room was NOT cleaned at all, ran out of toliet paper, had to go to the front office three times for towels, first time I was asked to return dirty towels, when I returned office was closed employees were on break and finally i returned to get more towels. Three attempts to get clean towels is ridiculous! The trash was never taken out..the trash cans we're over flowing with trash..I had to place the trash cans outside the door. The beds were not made and the floor was totally flithy. I would not recommend this establishment. Paid too much money for the horrible experience! Not worth it. I will never patronizize Motel 6 ever again!

Location to beach

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property that you show in the website it is totally different that the one you have! The space, the rooms, the pool. It is very expensive for the place you offer. My family and I felt very disappointed when we arrived and saw the "double room/double bed" we supposed to pay for.

Dogs and out of control people
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

So apparently people were living there with several pit bulls and they would leave them outside over night in a camper they barked all night and in the morning they were running around lose it is sad to say but we will not be returning back

Not a ideal place
    • Standard Room

Room small,bed was hard shower was very tiny the four days I stayed they didn't change my sheets had sand all in the bed walls are super thin you can hear other people all night

Nothing really room was small and the bed was hard as a rock

Would book here again for the price on a budget.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Need fumigation of facility, there were cockroaches in the room. I did not like that very much.

The front desk staff were very courteous. Positive, eager to help. Obove & beyond to accommodate the customer.

Hotel nothing as it appeared on-line!!!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were no towels. I had to go to office 3 times to get towels. There were roaches and room was not clean. I got locked out of my room my last night there. We were told that Wi-Fi worked on second floor and it didn't. I also had to go get more toilet paper because the cleaning staff failed to put some in my room.

Absolutely nothing other than the manager did give me a partial refund for the whole inconvenience.

i would stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

over all it was good, we could not adjust ac unit, which I did not like and it was the same for all 3 rooms that I got also I had to go to office to get towels that were not in room

it was a good place to spend one night

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Dissapointed!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Motel 6 advertises DOUBLE ROOMS when in fact it is a tiny room of 300 square feet. For a family of four it is very small. Motel 6 would not match their price of $49.99, I had to pay $60 thru Booking.com. The young lady at the front office did not care if I paid more, she told me she couldn't do anything since I used Booking.com. I am very disappointed with Motel 6.

location is good!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

The distance from ocean & cleanliness
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No iron, no hair dryer, no shampoos &even had to ask for towels bc all they had stockEd in the room were large. No hand towels or wash clothes

The distance from ocean & cleanliness

i was under the impression that the credit card used to...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

i was under the impression that the credit card used to reserve the room was not going to be charged. When i get there, i was told to sign the receipt for the first night - the credit card used to reserve was already charged and i was unable to use a different card. paid the other night using a different card.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Bad service and un clean facilty
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Overall bad experience would not recommend

Had no extra towels to use the room smelled like cigarette. Mold in the bathroom and cockroaches on the floor

Will not stay at this motel 6 again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was alot of roaches in the room had to sleep with the light on. Bad bad bad. Will never reserve there again. Disappointed because I love to stay at the motel 6 at any other town.

The room was meant for people visiting from munchkin land. Very small and not enough parking
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking,the a/c turning off on its own at night for 4 hours.People smoking weed and cigarettes and having it seep into a non smoking room

Nothing, it was a bad experience

Non smoking rooms
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We checked in to our room and it was for a NON-SMOKING room but it was clearly a SMOKING room and I am HIGHLY allergic to cigarette smoke. The signs in the room said "NO SMOKING" but they had ashtrays on all of the tables in the room. That made no sense to me and was pretty disappointed with that.

I was able to get my money back immediately with no problems.

Do not stay at this filthy place.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very small. Looked like a dorm room and a low end college. It smelled bad. The bed was a mattress on a piece of elevated plywood. The shower was moldy and not anything I wanted to even get in.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The room was clean
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My key card was not working and maintainance took about 1 hr to open the door. We waited for about 45 minutes outside the door with my toddler in my arms and my 8 yr old desperate to go to sleep. It was 12:30am and we were very tired. After the 45 minutes they finally gave us another room but I still had all my belongings stuck in the previous room where my key card didn't work. I fell asleep with my jeans on and my toddler with a dirty diaper. Was a very bad experience for me and I was very uncomfortable. Then aside from that the receptionist in the front kept telling us "we get what we pay for" in other words that the reason that we were having problems was our fault cuz we chose a cheap hotel! She was horrible and that is something that should not be said to customers.

The room was clean

I will not stay there next time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff need a little more concern for its customers Reserved non smoking and got a smoking. Could not accommodate us and we have allergies. Did not get us clean bed sheets to switch with smoke filled.

Location and price were great

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Night attendent
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The night attendent from friday2/11/17 was very rude with us she scared my daughters about calling the police and kiking us out of our room cause we were smoking outside of our room very unprofessional of her they should do something about her

Everything was good

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Great staff. Can't say the same about a few of the guests.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Budget motels attract a small number of loud, obnoxious, inconsiderate guests, and this visit had a bumper crop of them. Staff intervened whenever we called to complain of excessive noise (after 10:00 PM) but the entire experience was not that great. One idiot actually set up a barbeque grill just outside his front door and used an excessive amount of lighter fluid to get it started. It took us several hours to get the fumes out of our room.

The staff are always friendly and helpful. They will go out of their way to accommodate your needs. The location is great. The room is basic but not bad for the price.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Great place, great price

They don't have TruTv, my girlfriend and I Love watching Impractical Jokers :(

Everything was great, the staff was friendly and the room was clean.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Absolutely like home
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was absolutely nothing I didn't like

As soon as I enterd the front office Ivy had a smile on her face helping someone out and let me know she will be right with me. The whole time during my stay I felt comfortable thanks to Ivy and all the staff of motel 6. I will definitely be returning and telling all those that motel 6 IS the place to stay. Thank you Ivy sincerely Robert Rodriguez

Friendly staff really want you to enjoy your stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Having a small refrigerator and microwave would be very helpful, although I understand this would probably increase room rates by a small amount.

Great location, staff were friendly and very helpful, room was clean and quiet, excellent value for the money.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Family vacation
    • Standard Room

There was a Crack in the bottom of the shower just a little one but I w as thinking it was going to cause more harm to the floor

I loved the refrigerator and microwave

It was an ok experience, bed was kind of too firm but it was...
    • Standard Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access

I didn't like the bed, matress was on top of a board so it wasn't as comfortable as i thought that it was gonna be, but it was ok though

It was an ok experience, bed was kind of too firm but it was ok

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Good for a bed and shower
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Good for a bed and shower. Very close to the beach and its pet friendly. We got a double for me, my boyfriend and our dog. Hotel was close to everything.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

The home depot bed.
    • Standard Room

The parking was to small.

The bed was terrible. A matters on plywood that's what it was. The room was super small. No coffee no iron. The ac was putting out very little air. I'm serious it was a matters on a plywood.

Staff was friendly and nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room felt dirty and roaches everywhere little ones

Staff was friendly and nice

Location it was fairly expensive.

Cockroaches

Location it was fairly expensive.

It was alright but i expected more!

too small

cold ac close to the beach

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything. The room had roaches. It was also very small.

Mini vacation
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms are too small, some lights in room not working

Close to middle of strip

Good price and close to restaurants and the beach.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Good price and close to restaurants and the beach.

Room is too small

Room is too small

It was okay for the money I spent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were horrible and none of the rooms had a fridge or microwave.

The location was awesome close to pretty much everything.

So so

Very tight room.no breakfast

Very tight room

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The air wasn't working , towels weren't in the hotel...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The air wasn't working , towels weren't in the hotel , & the restroom was very dirty .

Not enough parking spaces

Not enough parking spaces

Had trouble with the doors need to upgrade.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Had trouble with the doors need to upgrade... too old lmao other than that rooms were great!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds are very uncomfortable . The rooms are small and there was roaches in the shower.

Crappy for a "room for 4 guests"
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My room was not ready by check in time. Super tiny for a family of 4. Sucked!

Fun

No dislikes

All was good looking forward to next stay

Bad

All

Staff was friendly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking is poor,pool is tiny, room was small,shower/bathroom was dirty.

Staff was friendly

You get what you pay for.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was not cleaned daily & when it was cleaned items went missing.

Beds were comfortable

Love it ! 💕
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was ok according to the ad and the price.

Very nice, friendly and confortable. Good value and pet friendly.