Reviews of Motel 6 Williamsburg 2 stars

5.1

6.1

Was there for 5 days never saw housekeeping one time
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Was there for 5 days never saw housekeeping one time The bathroom was dirty with hair in the shower on the commode The inside door handle fell off the door The AC did not work very well The remote control would not work for the TV

Bathroom was absolutely disgusting.

Bathroom was absolutely disgusting. When I have to wear flip flops to shower in my hotel room, that’s not ok. There was mold around the bath mat in the tub. Obviously it doesn’t get picked to be scrubbed underneath. Probably shouldn’t have those anyhow. In the 3 days I was there, ALOT of cockroaches and other random bugs. Not comfortable for me or my family. And I’m pretty sure there quite a few drug deals going on. When the cops are there 2 of the 3 nights I was, something isn’t right. Pool was disgusting , didn’t even want to get in the water. 2 days straight there was garbage and broken glass in the bottom of pool.

The staff was really nice, the pool was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no fridge in my room. There was a door that lead to the room next to me. Room was small for double room. My bathroom toilet ws dirty. The water took a while to get hot.

The staff was really nice, the pool was great. Location was good. Bed was comfortable. It was very quiet.

Location and that’s it
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No microwave, no shampoo or soap, no coffee, far walk for ice, hair on towels, humid in rooms, beds have plastic under sheets very uncomfortable they kept sliding off every time we rolled over. No clock 3 flights of stairs with a baby was not worth carrying everything up there. It smelt like bengay muscle rub! Shower was not clean it had hairs in it , I used Clorox to clean it before showering it was so gross

Location and that’s it

Would only stay here again if we booked super last minute and had our dogs again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Super tiny rooms, super uncomfortable bed, no microwave, refrigerator or blow dryer. The shower was leaking, so it sounded like someone was always in the shower. And the room was damp, like the floors were wet when we got in there (probably AC related) and the mirror was foggy (probably because he shower was leaking).

It was quiet.

Our bed was pushed against the wall, so whenever I wanted to...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed should not be pushed agains a wall. Check your towels before putting them in a room.

Our bed was pushed against the wall, so whenever I wanted to go to bed or get up, I had to go to the foot of the bed. THe bottom of the bed made a weird noise when we went on the bed. Also, the white towels, although washed, had black hair in them. Very gross!!!!

This was a very nice stay , also the desk clerk was pleasant , lovely friendly both , Beta my clerk.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Toilet seat a little nicer . The desk needs to be replaced n the bathroom receptacle as well .

The Tv was very nice , the beds were nice n clean n the shower was very nice also the air worked very well .

• Queen Room - Smoking

There were roaches everywhere. We had to sleep with the lights on so the roaches wouldn't come out. There wasn't a microwave or mini fridge. There wasn't enough pillows.

You get what you pay for........
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I asked for a non smoke room but it was smoky as soon as I opened the door. Beds still had hair on them and covers were stain. Room not completely vacuum.

• Queen Room - Smoking

The grounds were unkept, the pool was filthy, the trash cans were over flowing. Our room was on the second floor right by a section that was falling and had been blocked off. When we got into our room we found the bed was a full size not a queen, there was no table. A lawn chair was used in the room, the cabinets were old and broken. The were huge black dirt spots on the walls. The mattress was falling apart and very lumpy. The bathroom was dirty, the toilet would not flush without opening the tank and manually pulling the plunger, the shower curtain was shredded at the bottom and there was no water pressure. There were no clocks and no coffee pot in the room.

I would NOT recommend this place to anyone unless you don't mind gross bedding & the smell of drugs.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The office smelled like marijuana and cigarettes as well as the rooms. The sheets were stained and so were the pillow cases. The rooms on each side of us had trash outside the door. The steps and railings were seriously disgusting and sticky. I wouldnt even let my child touch the railings. The bathroom shower had pubic hair on the walls as well as stains all over the shower curtain. I asked for extra towels bc both my sister and I have long hair along with my niece and the clerk at the desk automatically assumed we were lying about the amount of people in the room, mind you we were staying TWO nights, so a few extra towels shouldnt have been a problem.

We weren't murdered one of the 2 nights we were supposed to stay. (We left the 2nd night)

Location was good for the activities we planned.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Shower needed serious bleach cleaning. Someone used grout mix from "supposed" new floor to patch hole in bathroom door and didn't sand or paint. No cable remote or channel listing sheet. Mold on caulk in shower area.

Location was good for the activities we planned. Price was comparable to others just not sure about the quality/condition.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Disappointed
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The property was very run down. Not clean or kept up. The shower was dirty, curtains weren’t clean, lots of someone else’s hair in our bed. Very disappointed, you get what you pay for and I’ll never stay again. Mattress was very good thin, could feel the springs in it. Went to the pool there were people sitting there getting drunk.

The pool.

Horrible never again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Well we have bed bug bites all over our bodies, bed was hard pillows were lumpy, had stains all over room. When I checked in they ended up having to give us a single bed room cause they gave our double bed room away

Price

The Location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Motel 6 Staff need to hired a team to do some landscaping for them and redo the parking lot the place is nice and comfortable on the inside it’s just the outside need to be fix up some.

The Location

You get what you pay for
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Where do I even begin? Maybe that fact that there was a 2x4 that was holding the roof up, or the grass hadn't been cut in years? The room smelled horrible and sleeping on the floor was more comfortable then the bed. When we pulled up the building looked condemned, I thought we were scammed at first. You get what you pay for thats for sure. Will not return at all.

I liked the fact that it was in a central location, and much to our surprise the pool seemed very clean.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Staff was accommodating and friendly, but room was run down but bed was comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Seems most of the rooms were smoking and just couldn't escape the cloying scent and taste of cigarettes. Coverlets for beds were stained and has cigarette burns on them.

Staff was very helpful and accommodating.

Just realize you get what you pay for.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Upon entering the room I noticed that my bedding was badly stained with I don't what and I couldn't sleep the first night because something was causing a musty order and making me couch repeatedly. Housekeeping fixed that the next day while I was away because I left a note explaining about the awful bedding. Also there was no change machine in the vending machine area. I don't carry a lot of $1 bills and the machine didn't take 5's or 10's.

I like that the hotel was in a great location and access to everything.

We went to Williamsburg for 1 night as a quick family...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was a little old and it felt like it in the room. For $48 a night...it wasn’t that terrible.

We went to Williamsburg for 1 night as a quick family gathering...we really came for Captain George’s seafood buffet. Although it wasn’t the most amazing hotel, I didn’t mind it for just one night. The hotel was very convenient to a lot of attractions and restaurants. The hotel was big and it filled up pretty quick throughout the day. It’s also a pet friendly hotel, we saw a lot of people walking their dogs.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

For the price and location it was good!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was small, and then not having an elevator was a con. Having the second floor wasn't a big deal but when you pack several of heavy suit cases you'll need good muscles to carry them upstairs.

Friendly staff, nice location. You get what you pay for! We had a dog with us and being pet friendly was a big plus. Would recommend this place if you are on a budget. .

I had booked 4 rooms for 4 families, when we arrived we told...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had booked 4 rooms for 4 families, when we arrived we told them each family was paying separately but when they did the paperwork they put 2 rooms on my credit card and then they said they couldn’t refund the amount. Then they put us on the 3rd floor knowing that we were traveling with young children and dogs, had to carry my old dog up and down the stairs. There is people living in the street level rooms.

Unless you're desperate...AVOID THE PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything. The mattresses feel old and worn. The bathroom shower was dingey with stained towels hanging from the rack shower curtains are filthy. The was a dried BLOOD stain on the bed when we arrived. We had to ask for new sheets and they wouldn't even bring them up. We had to GO DOWN and get them. The front desk service was terrible, moved at a snails pace at check in and had the audacity to charge me $10.00 more than what what supposed to be my complete total as said on the website! I swear to all tgat is holy, I will avoid this prossie hook up motel like the plauge! Motel 6 and I are done. They don't even have a breakfast. Just stupid coffee. Next time l pay extra for something, it's going to be worth my f*cking money. Also... adding subpar "wood flooring" and a flat screen does not equal new renovation. The only part of the room that was halfway decent was the bathroom. Pity we all couldn't sleep in there.

That my stay was short. It was a short distance from Bucsh Gardens.

worst
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was really bad experience for us. We booked the hotel for 1 night for a specific price on booking.com and after going there they charged more taxes on it. Also, cleanliness was not there. Bad linens, bad pillows no proper toiletries. It was the worst experience.

nothing.

Better than sleeping in a car
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It seemed run down, very thin walls, shower is small, and the building needed some cleaning up on the outside (paint spattered wooden stairs, no elevator). Cable tv has a few channels, but they tend to cut in and out (still watchable). $3 WiFi. Terrible Verizon cell signal, decent AT&T. Security lock on our room was missing, which was scary, but the deadbolt was still in tact.

Price fit the room. The parking lot was very well lit. AC worked extremely well! The room looked very modern.

BEWARE!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It was a dump! It should be condemned! You should not list such places on your site. We slept with our clothes on on top of the dirty comforters. From the outside in...this place was filthy!

The location...and check out time!

You too can have bed bugs for a low price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

We were only here for approximately 5 minutes. My husband found bed bugs and we immediately went to the front desk for a refund. The lady at the front desk was very nice, but it seemed like she was very aware of the situation and was used to it. I guess this falls in to the “you get what you pay for” category. $60 a night isn’t a steal if you end up bringing home unwelcome guests. We will never return to this location - or likely any other Motel 6.

The woman at the front desk was very nice.

Wished we would have stayed somewhere else.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't have good tv channels for kids/family. No blow dryer or tub. No free WiFi unless your placed in "certain" rooms. Definitely not like the pictures on booking.com except for the picture of front of the motel. And they charged more than my reservation quoted.

There was nothing nice about the location except for a place to rest.

You can't beat the price for a quick stay in this area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was a little small, but this was not really a problem for my single night stay (1 adult, 1 child). More than two people, or staying for more than two nights should probably go elsewhere.

Everything was perfect for my son and I for a one-night stay. Clean and comfortable, located very close to a large variety of restaurants.

We will not stay here again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They overcharged us $16 and blamed booking.com.. but the price was the same on their own site not just booking. They would not charge it. They are A VERY pet friendly place to a default!!! Dogs barking and fighting constantly!!!! They didn't clean the room everyday. The toilet didn't work one night and they made my husband cover get the plunger from the front office!

The staff

Do not stay here.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lacking cleanliness. Bed bugs. Roaches. Unidentified crust on walls. Broken down vehicles parked near office. Just a nasty property all together.

Front desk staff was very polite.

How does it have 5.8 rating? Deserves a 0.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was disgusting. The comforters had cigarette holes and stains and the room was supposed to be non smoking. Mattresses old, and shower and toilet had permanent stains. Room most smelling. The manager and staff had bad attitudes and told me to take it or leave it when before I saw the room when I questioned the "other" tax for $2. This place is a dump and should not be listed on any sites.

They're was nothing good about this property.

Quaint

The furniture was from 1970’s but....the sheets were very clean

The customer service manager was very attentive to my needs. This was not Marriott with glamour but it felt like a home town diner. The pool was clean and inviting. I saved the cash and ordered in.

Friendly staff pool was nice
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Get what you pay for. Bed hard as a rock, outside not clean, only seating in room is a desk (kitchen like) chair. Make sure you don't forget toothbrush it anything they don't have it.

Friendly staff pool was nice

Will not be staying again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

People drinking by the pool dropped a glass bottle right at the entrance, no one cleaned it up. Room was dirty. Got woke up by people next door at 3am screaming and yelling, called to complain and was asked to call back in the morning

Do not stay here!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Do not stay here! The room has a strange smell when you enter, rooms are dirty; refrigerator was broken. Also- no elevator for guests who have to stay on 2nd or 3rd floor. Pool was closed. Overall bad experience at this hotel.

It’s a good value just not a clean preprty
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I booked two rooms for two nights. One room had a foiled odor. I had to buy room spray. Water was spilt on the floor. After wiping it up with a hand towel, the hand towel was very dirty. I doubt the floor had been properly cleaned

The staff were friendly and helpful.

Adequate as far as accommodations.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Just supply the small bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Otherwise it was fine.

It was convenient and for the price was good. In the previous two years down there I stayed at places more expensive but in the same class and they were not as good.

It was ok. I guess you get what you pay for and
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a smell in our room. The fridge was also stinky which may have been filling the room. No bath tub to was a smaller child. Room service came and made 1 bed but not the other. One towel felt as if it hadn’t been washed as it was so stiff and felt like a film of something was on it.

Beds weren’t to bad to sleep on. Great location.

The rooms seemed neat and it was close to everything.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no shampoo, soap, coffee, or cups in the room. Also, for some reason when we got there it was 70 degrees outside and the heat was on full blast in the room. The room being in the 90's. We turned the A.C. on and opened the door and windows but the room would just not cool down. Eventually we realized someone had turned on the central air (which didn't work) and it was blowing out extremely hot air.

The rooms seemed neat and it was close to everything.

Cozy for a quick stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Locals hang out in back parking lot and leave ALOT trash. Alittle unsettling.

Rooms were newly renovated and were clean and cozy. Best water pressure I ever had at a hotel/motel.

Low cost.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Door had a gap you could see light through from top to the bottom, water temperature in the shower was hard to control and the phone was broken.

Low cost.

It was okay for the price paid
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Shower sprayed wildly. The toilet clogged after first getting to the room. The sticky traps and pest killer gel all over the floor.

Beds were comfortable

Facilities are old and aging. Price is good. People were very kind.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The heat didn't work in the first room. Then they reassigned me to another room which had an odd smell to it. The lady came to the room this second time and assisted me to move to a room that was warm, clean and comfortable. They treated me wonderfully. The facilities were clean but aged. The bed was comfortable, the tv was good. I paid extra for internet and it was very good.

Housekeeping NEEDED!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The cleanliness could have been better. Found hair bpw in the shower and blond hair throughout the covers and sheets. Suspect bedding haven't been washed. Floor dusty.

Spend the extra money and stay at another motel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Their idea of housekeeping is giving you new towels everyday. They don't clean the room at all. Had to bring my own blanket because the one they provided had cigarette holes in it and this was a non-smoking room. Asked for late check out and was charged $10 Someone knocked on the door 30 mins later asking how soon I was leaving. I felt like they wanted the money but was rushed to checkout sooner than the extra time I paid for. Lots of homeless people live here and dogs barking, people arguing, etc.

You get what you pay for. Cheap room and somewhere to sleep.

Room too small for 4 people!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bldg was very old and falling apart. Room was VERY small. Could hardly move around with four people even though it had double beds. Max 2 people for comfort. Linens were of poor quality. No counter space in bathroom. No dressers. Limited outlets. WiFi was a $3 charge per person, per day and didn't always work.

The room was clean and there was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Shower water pressure was awesome. Staff was very accommodating.

Disgusting.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This place was disgusting. There was human waste on the walls and urine all over the bathroom floor. You are better off sleeping in a 7-11 bathroom.

We were happy and would stay there again.

Maybe an extra chair.

It was great that there was no carpet. The first hotel in years that our dogs weren't sniffing around to see who had been there before them. With laminate and ceramic tile it can be kept much cleaner. Great shower too.

will not stay here again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

sheets were dirty when we checked in and we asked for an extra blanket for bed and was not given it. we went out and left our poodle and came back and the heat had been turned off along with the tv!!! Someone had to have come in the room or we have a really talented dog!!

Tv and a bed
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No hot water in the morning things falling apart in the room. No blankets only sheet and decorative cover. Light bulbs missing. Didn't offer to change rooms and burn marks on curtains.

Tv and a bed

Would not stay here.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First room was very unclean such as hairs on the bedding, roaches, floors, and towels even had hairs from others on them. They would not give you a refund so they changed our room. This room did not have a microwave so we took the one from the other room, they got mad about that but let us keep it. Then had laid down to sleep and ended up getting bit by bed bugs my husband has big place on his back and legs. Around 2 am in the morning someone is knocking on our door. This place is not a very good spot at all. Really feel like they owe me my money back that I spent there.

Very acceptable in all reguards.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The location wasn't bad (8-10 minutes to old town) Room service was very good (they didn't bother us when we asked for some extra time) Eating locations were vwery close )2 to 3 minutes) The only problem we could have had was in a room with one queen bed that was pushed, length wise up against the wall. (At 75 years of age I am to old to crawl into bed) I just pulled it away from the wall and all was well.

Everything was fine except the freezer compartment in the small frig. was full of ice (not quibes but a block of ice from top to botton and side to side.

Horrible
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No free Wifi. This place was for the homeless that can't get an apartment. Didn't have anything for me to cook in. The sheets and blankets had holes in them. Housekeeper only came by once to see if I needed anything

Good location, good value
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not every room was available to purchase wifi, room was half empty like there should've been another bed or a chair or something in the room.

Good value, and good location. Shower was really nice.

• Queen Room - Smoking

We go to Williamsburg at least once a year and normally stay at the Super 8 on Second St. (highly recommend), but this time we were trying to save more money since we were only staying two nights, and booked Motel 6. Everything was so so dirty and grimy! Luckily I had clean sheets and blankets in the car that we used, but never again will we stay there. Super 8 on 2nd street is the way to go for an affordable, but clean stay!

The bathroom layout was neat.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our sheets were dirty upon arrival. They were full of hair. It was very gross. We had to go get extra ones. One of the towels in the bathroom was full of hair, as well. We were on the second floor. The stairs leading up were wooden and old and didn't feel secure. It was very hard for my elderly mother to get up them.

The bathroom layout was neat. The shower was a round type of shower which my daughter thought was neat.

It was cheap and the parking was well lit.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled like cat urine. Comforter was stained, wall had a hole in it, no soap or shampoo in bathroom, and bed was hard. Basically I decided to buy air freshener and Lysol and cleaned it myself before I could sleep.

It was cheap and the parking was well lit.

Price was fair but don't think I would ever stay there again nor would I recommend them either
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was nasty. Had stains all over the bedspreads, pubic hair in the shower all over the towels which were also stained. Said it's no smoking yet whole room smelled of smoke. Floors were nasty with dirt and sticky. Just AWFUL. Had to clean our room ourselves and asked for new towels just so we could shower. Took of bedspreads and didn't even use them.

Close to a lot of places. Easy to find and see from road.

It was close to local attractions.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed sheets were stained- makeup, blood and obviously not fresh or clean. Homeless we're living in the hotel and morning of the check out a male worker barged in unannounced while myself and two children were asleep. Continental breakfast was listed, but they did not have it. Throughout the day a good amount of drunk people were hanging outside of various open rooms. I worried about my car half the night and ended up getting up every hour to check the doors and my car.

It was close to local attractions.

Great deal abd clean!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Towels were not replenished not are rooms cleaned while there. Not a big deal for us though since all we needed was a clean and quiet place to rest.

Clean room and for our needs with a decent bed and even a fridge. It was quiet and close to places of interest. Couldn't beat the price!

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This place was disgusting!! Shower curtain full of mold. Shower had not been cleaned. Looked stain but I was able to use a washcloth to wipe a small spot clean. The light in shower was just hanging. There was something smeared on wall next to toilet. (Feces). STAY FAR AWAY.

Absolutely nothing

Terrible!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No security! Dangerous place with people yelling and screaming all night.

It was a dangerous place with people living there, cats and dogs were in the windows of rooms. Our blanket had numerous cigarette burn holes in it so my daughter had to sleep without a blanket. Also, young men were wandering around going from floor to floor and different rooms. When we were outside a group of men walked by and one of them had a gun on display in his waistband of his pants. At 4am people were banging on our door cussing and screaming M-Fer words, I was scared for the safety of my family. There is no Sercurity and it seems like a halfway house. Do not stay here even if it is cheap not worth it, the worst hotel stay I have ever had and I've traveled all over the world. The manager was rude as well.

I made a horrible choice stay there...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Its ran down, sheet was horrible, hair in the beds, blood on the bed spead, people living on the grounds, people hanging outside, office had nasty chairs, its old and outdated, pictures on website dont look the same in person, big huge dogs everwhere, not a good place to stay.. got charge more than what I booked online.. its a dump... I made a very poor choice.. please dont stay here.. please.. I still itching..

Prices

Horrid.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The lobby was like walking into a parking garage. Awful heavy smell of stale smoke in lobby and in my room even though they said my room was non-smoking. I absolutely hated the fact I had to contact booking.com just to get a refund on my credit card Booking.com told me that this was the motel's policy, but according to the manager, it is not true. I do not know one way or the other. I would recommend you read the fine print before you book or just call the motel and book the room.

Nothing at all!

I wouldnt stay again unless i couldnt find another hotel. It wasnt super horrible!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It had a wet towel smell in the room. It appeared unclean. I had to buy bleach and lysol to ease my own mind of the fact it looked snd smelled dirty in the room.the pillows were yellow! The bathroom was gross until i cleaned it.The outside part gave me a feel like it was the kind of hotel people prostitute and sell drugs out of in movies(lol). But i did stay for two nights despite my judgemental observation. I was in no harm, location was great, and price was awesome. Just take lysol and bleach with you and you will be fine if you cant find another hotel.

The location was perfect.it was near stores restaurants and 10/15 mins away from the parks.

Very bad room
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The roaches,the mattress,pillows,no table and chairs,wires hanging out behind bed and touching bed with live wires,very strong mold smell,handcap handles loose and wably in shower was scared to shower whole stay becouse I'm disabled and very wably handels,and no tub,no micrawave, cable box hanging over top of tv covering some of picter,becouse of mold smell started getting headaches well in room,dirty room when checked in my girlfriend went to front desk to borrow broom worst stay anywhere ever,wondering if you do any type of reimbursement my first time using your website.

Location fare

Unless you have a dog and nowhere else to stay, don't book here!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Where do I begin!! It was filthy, the beds were completely horrible and uncomfortable (the mattresses must have been 15 years old and they were not even close to top of the line quality!), the steps going to the third floor were downright dangerous! There were cigarette butts everywhere as well as dog poop everywhere! This is a "dog friendly" motel and you can tell it! Lots of barking and dog poop! THis is definitely not even close to a four star motel. Up until this visit, I've had some good luck with Motel 6, but this stay ruined it for me!

The location of this property was the best thing I could say about it. It was near all of the things we came to Williamsburg to do.

Felt crazy staying there and will bypass it the next time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Although it is a cheap motel, it was not clean. I had to buy my own linen, could not and would not sleep on stained sheets.Gross.I had to spray a ton of lysol over every inch of the room. The wash clothes had brown matter on them???? There were plenty of people that lived there as opposed to travelers. I wasted leftovers because the refrigerator was disgusting. I did not like it but did the best i could for the one night and the price.

The staff helped me by allowing me to use an iron. The room was semi modernised.

Bug city
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Fruit flies in the room. Stuck on 95 for several hours because of accident, so too tired to change rooms. We couldnt figure out where they were coming from until we moved the refrigerator. there was a rotting banana behind it!! Housekeeping should have more diligent in cleaning

We were located on the first floor, and able to park car right in front of our room. Staff was very friendly

Hotel would rather rent by month than nightly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rude staff, no parking, loud & drunk people out all night knocking on random doors, children unattended by people who rent by the month, dirty rooms, beds not changed (blood on sheets), lack of bathroom linens, beds are old and worn out, no dresser, people trying to access room thru ajoining door and scared my grand-daughter at 4:00am.

The bathroom was updated.

Its cheap and location is decent
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Added an extra fee when checking in, towels had hair in them, sheets were stained, showered was hard to turn on and water temp would vary. Door had to be pushed hard to open. Rooms are very small. Have gotten more for less in other hotels.

Location and overall price

not good

This hotel is basically a halfway house. Full time residents and drug deals in the parking lot. I had to leave and pay for additional rooms because I did not feel safe. I called your customer service, while friendly, they really could not do anything. You need to vet your properties better. ridiculous

Motel 6 Williamsburg
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The hotel was not clean at all me and my partner had to buy blankets to cover the bedding to sleep.

I did like the that the hotel had a pool and was close to places to eat.

This was worse motel stay Ever!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Asked for quiet room 3 different times and it wasn't!! It was very dirty ,beds like stained on sides near pillows people were shouting all hours of the night doors slamming kids screaming dogs barking car alarms going off and it was 1/2 an hour away from destination when it was supposed to be a 10 minutes away.Oh and the bathroom was nasty,toilet didn't work! Tv couldn't be changed channels also at checking in had another guest complain of same things!!

No much at all.

You get what you pay for, expect better conditions for area
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds are small. There is no way they are queens. Beds are worn out. New shower installation looks like it was done by a drunk. Place has noticeable wood rot. (Though some areas were in process of being fixed) concrete walkway and stairs worn out and tends to lean in ares. (2nd and 3rd floors) Parking lot needs to be completely redone. It reminds you of something that The Bates would own, per my wife.

AC worked great. The staircase remained up. Decent water pressure and plenty of hot water. No bugs. It was actually clean. We didn't die! 👍