Reviews of Motel In The Pines 2 stars

80 West Pinewood Blvd, Munds Park, AZ 86017, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Munds Park

• Standard Room

Nothing, it was a great experience!

Owners were very nice and accomodating. We needed toothpaste and office was closed. They opened back up for us to get us some. Great motel and owners are nice and accomodating.

• Standard Room

The man that checked me in told me I could have saved money if I hadn't booked from booking.com I could have saved some money after he ran my card thru!! So the guy behind did that and he got the deal not me!!

Nice location and the lady was very nice.

• Standard Room

Needs more electrical plugs. We are loaded with things that need charging. BUT, the WiFi was great!!!

Checking in was like being welcomed by family. The room was comfortable and quiet. Room was easy to get to, and surrounding was beautiful.

• Mini Suite

Small amount of highway noise , but not enough to hinder our enjoyment; towels were a bit stiff , could be softer.

Large king suite; bed super comfortable! Fireplace, nice private patio with lovely view! Very roomy ; staff was very nice & helpful; Cozy cafe just across the street; good location & easy drive to Sedona & Flagstaff! Quiet & Relaxing!

• Kitchenette Room

The advertised $77 rooms were not so nice, but the other building was newer and nicer.

The hotel manager, Sam, was very nice. We wanted a different room and it was available for only one night and he was very nice about letting us stay in one room and then the other. He worked very hard!

• Kitchenette Room

We had a had a nice spacious room on the second floor. Was quiet and walked across the street for good carry out pizza. Nothing special but worth it for the price. Also our room had a little kitchenette that would come in handy for people stay longer than one night.

• Mini Suite

Gas station across the street closes at 8pm, so after that you're outta luck if you need anything

Place was clean, bed comfortable, shower was good, price was right, location was central, loved the fireplace in the room.

• Mini Suite

There was trash in the pine trees, right in front of the little back porch. Will be nice if some one clean it, there was even some glass of a broken bottle.

Over all a good place to spend the night.

• Kitchenette Room

Booking.com advertises it as 9 miles from Sedona, it's nine miles if you're a bird that can fly straight over the trees. It takes a good 45 min ride to Sedona going the speed limit of 75. Air cond. Very noisy.

Friendly staff, clean, decent price

• Deluxe Room

The large bugs in the bathroom. When I booked online my room supposedly had a view, just a pile of rocks out the back door and the highway out of the front. False advertising. Not worth $126 a night

The air conditioner and the water pressure

• Standard Room

There's not really anything I didn't like. It's not a luxury place but we got a great night's sleep on a clean comfortable bed. I guess maybe a bigger shower might have been nice, but it was standard size tub.

It's not a fancy place but it is very clean and well-maintained, the staff was pleasant and helpful. Lovely crisp fresh air in the morning. I'd stay there again. Wish we had time to check out all the hiking nearby.

• Standard Room

Great alternative to the more pricey hotels in Flagstaff. Owner and family could not have been nicer and more accommodating. Our room had 2 queens, and it was a bit tight. The mattresses are odd - so soft on the sides that you had to move toward the center so you wouldn't feel like you were going to fall off. Unfortunately the bar/restaurant across the street was closed the night we were there, so we had to made do with snack food from the convenience store. But we did have breakfast at the restaurant, and it was fine. Highly recommend this is as a convenient, comfortable and economical place to stay.

• Mini Suite

The lighting in room was poor .the glass that closes on fireplace to kp room from filling with smoke wld not close therefore we could not use fire place long or we wld choke..the BACK DOOR to bk patio Does not have a safety mechanism to protect you from locking yourself out..we stayed in room 208 top floor .went out abt maybe 9pm to smoke closed door to avoid cold air getting in and bam door locked..WE WR FREEZING..i was not fully dressed my hubby was not fully dressed..i hv health issues..after about 35 minutes I started to gt I'll..my hubby jumped to a nearbnearby tree and slid ALL THE WAY DOWN..A PINE TREE..2nd floor..he tore all his skin off from four arms to inner thighs to feet face..ran to office had them let him in which took abt 20/30 minutes..thn he let me in I was freezing and terrified..talked to owner (male) abt it at checkout ..he laughed and said that's not my fault..this is second time that has happen d but everybody knows not to close door..thats your fault..i told him abt what happen to my husband he said not my fault laughing..that door has bn like that since 1979 and that's how it will stay..i wnt on telling him any different scenarios with different people and how that cold hv been way worse my husband Cldve died that was pretty high with sharp huge rocks on bottom..he stood there with a smirk and said..OK..i just walked away..he couldve at the very least said I'm sorry that happen d to you I will look into changing locks..nope nothing..THIS IS NOT HOW YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS..I WLD NOT EVER RECOMMEND MOTEL IN THE pINES TO ANYONE..and after we go home and recoupe and get hubby checked out I will definitely look into legal option to protect the nxt poor person from going threw this and justice for ourselves since the owner refused a simple apology especially to my husband..

The room was clean..the pillows were very comfortable..the bed was so so..wasnt the hardest I've slept on

• Deluxe Room

A terrible leak in the bathroom shower/bathtub that had been neglected. I’m sure the owner is losing A LOT of water, it was wasteful to see.

Spacious

• Deluxe Room

If you get there too late, there aren't any dining options close, have to drive to Flagstaff.

Good price & very clean , didn't feel cramped. Family of 4 stayed in 1 deluxe room with 2 beds.

• Mini Suite

Room was a bit cold with the heater situated in one corner. Would be great to upgrade the system

We were greeted with a smile and a warm welcome after a long day of travel.

• Deluxe Room

Large room, private balcony, restaurant right across the street, easy on-off from the main road, clean and quiet! It exceeded all my expectations for a motel! Very good choice for families who can't afford the room rates in Sedona.

• Kitchenette Room

Very firm, comfortable beds. Good quality bed linen. OK towels. Kitchenette functional. Bathroom: remodeled in good taste with tall basin and noisy but powerful heater.

• Standard Room

The room was affordable but it was quite a drive into Sedona. Room was clean and very comfortable and was perfect with a microwave and small refrigerator.

• Standard Room

I was told I had been given a really nice room until I advised I had my dog with me then I was told my room had to be changed! I was given the room with my door right next to the office door so that every time someone went in or out the door I heard it close! The reception guy then proceeded to stand & watch me like a hawk whilst I unloaded my car! It made me very uncomfortable! And when I returned to my car to get something I’d forgotten, he was standing at the window watching me again! It was quite annoying & had I not been so tired after a day of driving, I would have packed up & moved to another motel. Plus there was someone in the room above & I could hear EVERY footstep they took, sounded like a baby elephant upstairs! Drive the little bit extra north & stay in Flagstaff at L Motel, quaint, friendly staff & great location & value for money!

Only decent thing was the room was warm enough as it was cold outside.

• Mini Suite

door to toilet and shower was broken. No shelf or hook to keep clothes clean and dry for when you come out of the shower. Our reservation showed we had booked a room with kitchenette, but we only had a mini-fridge and microwave. No window covering on bathroom window to keep out light. Fireplace in the pictures was charming, but it was locked up so we couldn't use it. Beds were very uncomfortable, we all had trouble sleeping.

Staff was helpful, and cheerful, but we couldn't understand her because of broken English. It was a good price in a nice wooded area that we loved. That is all we can say good about the place. We were not impressed and would not stay there again.

• Standard Room

The bed was VERY comfortable but the pillows were not. Sacks of dirt would have beef more comfortable!

Very nice room and bath. Very clean. Checked in almost at midnight... no problems!

• Mini Suite

We intentionally booked here to save money, so it was an older place & the room had an older look & feel. We saw in the pictures that the room had a fireplace which we wanted to use (noticed it was not listed in the details of the room), but it was locked up, just for looks.

We booked the suite, which looked to have been given a light update. Restroom looked great, bed was great, back yard view of the pines was great. Staff was very friendly & attentive, they were very accommodating to our yorkie/pets. They also appeared to be fully booked which I think is great not only for being more affordable, but also for keeping the place fresher/ cleaned more often.

• Standard Room

I checked in late because of my schedules so I wouldn't know of the location (restaurants, stores, etc) but the area was beautiful.

My room was good but my colleague stated his room had bedbugs. My bed was comfortable and I had no complaints.

AC unit was struggling

The owners were so accommodating & friendly. Location great and the room was very comfortable w coffee, microwave & fridgr

• Deluxe Room

too many kids for my comfort levels....lots of smokers outside the rooms

the back porch...i was able to sit outside and just look out into the woods! felt like i was home!

• Kitchenette Room

We were on the 1st floor of a 2 story building. We could hear their movements constantly. There was dried blood spots on the shower curtain and arrangement of the room makes it hard to get to the bathroom. The bathroom heater had rust spots on it and the fix for hanging a TP holder was to use a piece of wood behind it...which makes you question how other renovating issues were addressed..

The beds were great...and having a kitchenette for the price was a welcome surprise. The bathroom was well sized.

All good

Staff was very friendly and anxious to please. Bed was very comfortable. Patio looks out into the pines - nice. Hiking nearby as well as close to Flagstaff. Great way to beat the Phoenix heat! Great value for the money.

• Kitchenette Room

The Air conditioner didn't keep the room as cool as we would have liked but was ok.

Very nice area, the parking lot was well lit & the staff was very accommodating .

• Standard Room

We stayed 4 nights. After first night no one came in our room to clean, empty trash, bring towel etc. Someone tried to get into our car and set off the alarm one night. I would not stay there again!

The room was nice. It was clean when we arrived. It was in a good location.

• Standard Room

Not many restaurants around.

Picked this place because of price actually. Best I could get around holiday weekend. It turned out ok. Older establishment but comfortable

• Kitchenette Room

There was not a thing we didn't like.

Very, very nice room.bed was awesome . the room was hooked up with everything and the bathroom was so beautiful, we took a million selfies. Ty for ur help.

• Kitchenette Room

WiFi spotty, no silverware in kitchenette, beds too soft, bit expensive for what you get - but on a holiday weekend, so everything in Flagstaff area was.

Large room, kitchenette! Nice pine forest.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Standard Room

There was some noise from work being done in the room above me. Maybe they should not do this kind of hammering at 7am knowing there is a guest below.

The room was beautiful and very clean. I will stay there again.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Kitchenette Room

The room was described as having a full kitchen. Any kitchen facilities were extremely limited. No silver wear; just a few mismatched plastic kfs sets, not enough for 2 people. We did not find this room to be good value for the money.

The room was clean and the beds comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Standard Room

Wanted Continental breakfast, dont elevate price due to NAU graduation, better overall upkeep.

Very nice staff. Ez off Ez on to hwy 17. Nice furnishings and safe feeling.jo

• Mini Suite

The fire place was not operational- boo.

The private patio and the fireplace were key features is deciding on this property- I like the cozy cabin in the woods feel of the place.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

The old decor and the feel of the 80's

The setting was very beautiful and it was located centrally between Sedona and flagstaff. Loved the property.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Standard Room

We are actually outraged that you put the distance from Sedona as 9.8 miles. This would be true if we were birds. But travelling by car makes it 38 miles. We would never have booked this motel had we not trusted this simple piece of information.

Lovely comfortable bed.

• Standard Room

I loved having firewood available! The rooms were inviting and it was definitely difficult to leave. I'd recommend this gem to anyone looking for a reasonably priced vacation hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Standard Room

We had booked the hotel because the website we used to book it said it was 9 mi from Sedona, which it probably really is when you look at a map but there is no road between them & it turned out to be an hour drive on the highway (that said, it was a beautiful drive).

I enjoyed how spacious the room was & that it had a microwave & fridge. The balcony also had a nice view of rugged terrain & pine trees. The shampoo & conditioner smelled nice too!! All in all, it was nice, cozy & quite stay

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Kitchenette Room

Most people prefer the memory foam added to the mattress. I find it difficult to sleep on. It is a personal preference. The coffee wasn't replaced on my second day.

The office manager was very nice and courteous. Check in very fast & easy.

• Mini Suite

I was not allowed to stay in the Mini Suite (the room I booked originally) because of my Service Dog. Drove 2 hours to get put in a Motel 6-esque room. The man who checked me out needs to work on his hospitality skills, for he repeatedly said I was wrong about the website not saying "No Pets Allowed" - even though they are not my pets, but SERVICE ANIMALS. So, he was going to charge me an extra $100 and just would not let me stay in the room I had selected. The WiFi never worked, and the weather stripping was absolutely gone on my door so it was pretty chilly!

Location was nice, right off the freeway very close to Flagstaff.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Standard Room

The bathroom door was broken and the hinges sprung. The door didn't close. The room otherwise had been recently renovated and was very clean.

The room was nice. We were given an adjoining room and the people in the other room started watching tv at 6 in the morning so that was the end of my sleep.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Deluxe Room

I wasn't that impressed with the beds. They had a few more "Miles" on them than I liked. They were not comfortable and I felt like I was going to roll out of bed if I wasn't careful. Other than that our stay there was very good. Bonus they arranged for it to snow during the night while we were asleep so an uncomfortable bed was very minor. The grand kids loved the snow.

It was exactly what I expected. It was a motel. It was clean, dry, and well maintained. The staff was very nice and accommodating. There was a local Café less then 100 yard from the Motel and the food and staff was very good.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Standard Room

I have been charged 2 times with my credit card and I still wait for my refund. It is really reallt unacceptable. And for this it is of course very difficult to reach the "one" in charge!!!

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Standard Room

Spent three nights at this property and it was great. Very friendly and helpful staff, decent clean rooms, and distance to Flagstaff and Sedona a plus. Easy to find and a great value for the cost compared to other places nearer to Sedona. Beds were extremely comfortable and the property was nice and quiet.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Deluxe Room

Finding our door wide open was a bit scary. The maid had went to get towels and then been distracted. Nothing was missing thank goodness. Still scary.

Beds were comfortable. Rooms were clean

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Standard Room

One of my hubcaps disappeared from car wheel overnight. Perhaps it's slightly too accessible from highway? But that could happen anywhere., Woukd have liked teabags as an option in addition to coffee.

Quiet rooms. Easy access from highway. Gas station just across the road. Comfy bed. Good shower. Microwave. Small desk.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Standard Room

The electrical plugins need work and I felt the conditions of the plugs in our room could be a potential hazard.

Price was awesome. Location was great

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Standard Room

everything was gross and dirty staff was rude and ill-equipped very unprofessional

absolutely nothing about the hotel was enjoyable. I wouldn't suggest ever staying there

• Kitchenette Room

Could always be less in price

Location and weather

• Deluxe Room

Love the heater in the restroom! That was so useful for the children

• Standard Room

Clean, quite, everything you need! Great place

• Mini Suite

Comfortable bed. Fireplace & back balcony was nice.

Needs upgrading

Stair my room up stair

Compare to price OK Comparable.

• Standard Room

Price is good. Easy access to Sedona.

• Standard Room

Convenient access to forest.

• Standard Room

It had a cabin feel. Cozy. We enjoyed our time there. Very clean and nicely remodeled

• Mini Suite

Places to eat Had to drive but was fine

Staff was understanding, helpful and vey attentive View was good room was great had a fireplace

• Standard Room

Coffee, staff stares a lot, kinda weird

I liked that the room has a bed for me to sleep in.(:

• Standard Room

Noise from the room above - there were kids up there and there was a lot of racket.

Mattress was very comfortable!

• Standard Room

Manager very accommodating and friendly. Room small but clean , bed comfortable.

• Standard Room

Beautiful view from my private patio

N/a

We couldn’t hear our neighbors

Clean, fireplace, quiet

A Do Not Disturb sign

Clean room at good price

• Mini Suite

Love the fire place the location

Parking, too dark

Loved the flat screen Although it was late, the manager that checked us in was very helpful.

• Standard Room

It is dated. The lights outside the rooms do not adequately illuminate the doorways and room numbers.

Location was convenient

• Standard Room

TV had automatic Sleep function you couldn't turn off and would turn off every hour.

Nice clean room, staff was friendly, well lit parking lot.

• Kitchenette Room

The frige didn't get cold and the stove was ad efficient, but we were happy to at least have it.

Everything was outstanding

• Standard Room

Noise from foot traffic fro room above

Browse Motel In The Pines traveller photo gallery