Reviews of Motel Mediteran 2 stars

2336 South Escondido Boulevard, Escondido, CA 92025, USA

#2 of 14 hotels in Escondido

Friendly goes a long way- not a big deal but guy could have welcomed us or been friendlier- bit hard to access bathroom as bed was blocking door (18 inches of clearnace) so grandma had to leave walker behind. They said all rooms are like that. No wifi is kind of a big deal-Could not get wifi to work- guy at desk said they have problems with macs- hmmm, I travel 200 days a year and don't have problems so...

Wife loved the waffles, grounds were very nicely groomed, beds comfortable, windows new and got good air-

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Can't really complain about anything other than missing breakfast because of my early work start time... but that's on work.

Room was very clean, comfortable and accommodated all my needs for another long work week. This is my "Go To" place to lay my head down when working in the area. Great Job, keep it up!

Toilet height too low, shower mixer valve was stiff and hard to turn on/off and adjust, noise from traffic and outdoor patio at burger restaurant/bar next door, adult store nearby

Super clean with no odors, decent options for breakfast, nice decor and loved the plantation shutters rather than heavy drapes

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This was next door to an adult store. Not a good choice for kids.

It appeared clean but noticed dust every where. It was remodeled inside. It appeared as bathroom was clean. This is a hotel for adults traveling for business. It’s very basic for a reasonable price. Check in easy and staff available at night. It was near a shopping mall with food and grocery store. Hair dryer broken in our room. TV had lots of channels. Fridge and microwave worked. It was relatively quiet until you go outside and can hear people at the adult store. Ac worked great. Bed was comfortable. Unfortunately better for adults not children.

Extremely strict on check in time, and then the room they sent us to was still not cleaned. Staff was very business like, we didn't feel like we mattered to them.

Very clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Overall great experience. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was simple yet enjoyable. Not too far from downtown SD. We decided to stay here because the price was great and planned to visit the Seaworld.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was no coffee in the room and they don't start serving it until 7:00. I had to be on the road at 6:00.

The hotel seems to recently been renovated. It was very clean and quiet.

Bathroom could have been cleaner.

The breakfast has a good variety for the price. Besides the usual motel breakfast they had hard-boiled eggs, fresh fruit, orange juice, rolled oats.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I have no negativity to report.

The sincere hospitality and understanding I received from the manager at the front desk as why I was there staying for two days. I was blessed to have stayed in this very clean and well kept Motel. Thank you.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No towels when I needed them

Nice clean room comfy bed big room I thought it was another room but it was hall with sink for bathroom the separate room for shower. Lots of space didn’t try breakfast slept in only negative took shower and no big towels. They were out of them. They were in dryer. Good price during weekday

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Security. I had locked my keys card inside the room and when I went to get a new one the clerk just gave me a new one. He didn't verify my name or that I was even staying in that room. It was concerning that anyone can just come in and ask for my room key. Also the heater had a foul smell when you turned it on.

The rooms were clean and smelled good with the exception of the heater. The staff were polite and curteous.

• King Suite with Spa Bath

So pleased with the comfort of my room. Loved having the jacuzzi at the end of the day was a definite plus. Will want to have that room again and again.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was too high; the newly updated bathroom needed a counter on which to set items. No light on desk or bedside for reading. Difficult to reach an electrical outlet. The clothes rack was too high to reach inset hanger adjyftement. Uncomfortable for a person under 5’ 2”. Three up steps to room.

Quiet, clean modern room with updated bathroom.

There isn't anything we didn't like. Only thing is staff can smile a little bit more but besides that they are great.

Everything, always great to stay here very calm and quiet and comfortable. Staff is awesome but could smile a little bit more.

Everything was horrible. Dead bugs in the room. Was itching the whole night couldn't wait to leave was better off sleeping in my car. Room felt dirty. Bed and pillows where very uncomfortable. Just hoping my family or I didn't catch anything staying there. Staff didn't accommodate our stay or refund our money back for all the days we reserved. The lady was very rude just laughed when I told her our problems. Took the money as a loss instead of staying there all the nights I reserved the room for.

NOTHING!!

Wish the iron worked

great location! area was decent .I couldn’t even here the other tentants in the other rooms.Also great little dive bar next door!!! There even a small store down the block if you forgot to pack a few things

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Water pressure could have been a little better, but I understand conserving water. Not too much to eat nearby. I was going to try the hamburger joint next door, but the reviews on Yelp changed my mind. The AC unit was a little loud at times, but kept the room at a very comfortable temp. The room could have used a clock.

The bed was comfy but I could have had more comfortable pillows. The room was clean and the bathroom was spotless. The flat screen TV was very nice and the programming was to my liking. I also liked the disabled parking right outside my room! Overall a great value!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Could of been closer to downtown SD, but very minor inconvenience

I was impressed at the size of the room, the amenities that were included, the bed. The staff were polite, friendly and very professional. I was shocked on all that I got for such a reasonable price.

I couldn't stay longer

Everything was wonderful. I can't wait to go back. It must be family owned, and they were all so very nice. I loved the great water pressure It made for a great shower in the morning. They keep the grounds very clean....

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Two mornings - the breakfast ran out of some items by 7:00 and staff could not replace/backfill each time. "No more produce available" I was told.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Conveniently located right off of the I-15 at Citracado / Felicita exit, where Escondido Blvd. joins Centre City Parkway on the southeast side of Escondido. Family-owned, newer remodel, owners take pride in keeping the place up, rooms are clean, newly painted, breakfast pastries are brought in fresh each day, many people make their own Belgian waffles on the waffle iron in the lobby, which is a part of the breakfast offerings. Microwaves and refrigerators in each room allow DIY meals, saving $$, and you can dine on the patio / gazebo area on the grounds if you desire.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Indeed the coffee was terrible and the orange juice was also poor, but the rest of the breakfast was good and totaly OK!

Room was clean and the staff very friendly. I could do my laundry and there is a great connection to HWY 15.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was very uncomfortable. It was so hard that I felt like I was sleeping on the floor. I did not have a good night sleep, in fact, I tossed and turned all night trying to get comfortable but couldn’t. I’ve stayed at this Motel several times and I don’t remember the beds ever being so uncomfortable. This was the only thing wrong with this Motel.

It was very clean. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. The price for our room was very reasonable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wasn't a fan of the floor. It looked dirty in the corners. The bathroom door definitely needs to be repainted or something because it was very dirty.

Bed was awesome! Loved that it was a TV with an HDMI port and I could hook up to the wifi with ease. The lighting was great! LOVED the bathroom! It was nice and big and didn't take forever to get hot water.

I have to remember to travel with a night light. Bathroom area lighting was very bright. No separate heater in bathroom area.

Comfortable bed. Excellent value. Quiet even though it was sold out for the night. Continental type breakfast was adequate for the price of the room. Large enough pool.

Breakfast.

The room was very comfortable and quiet. I lucked into a parking place very close to my room. I was late and concerned that parking would be a problem. Breakfast was rather sketchy -- almost like someone forgot to put most of it out.

The bath tub in the room I had was a little short, but not a big deal.

Nice breakfast selections from 7AM to 9AM daily; OJ, coffee, croissants, pastry, muffins, hard boiled eggs, fruit, hot & cold cereal, yogurt. Staff is always reviewing remaining breakfast items and adds as necessary in the 2 hours. Close to a lot of Escondido amenities, Starbucks, markets, restaurants, etc. Easy access on and off the I-15 freeway northbound or southbound. Rooms have microwaves and nice size refrigerators.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I would have liked a bit more options for breakfast.

The rooms were very nice and clean. The prices to stay-per-night were incredible at no expense of quality!

• 2 Room Suite with Kitchen

The breakfast could of been better. No scrambled eggs, sausages, or bacon.

It was convenient for me get to the places I needed to get to plus easy to check in.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't have no not disturb to put on doors as work overnight to the next morning at the hospital. That way housekeeping knows not to disturb the tenants.Landline phone stopped working and the smoke detector woke me up due to low battery. Other then the small things that happened it was great.

Loved the waffles for breakfast. Friendly staff and quiet area.

No complaints

The staff was extremely courteous; the property is SO well maintained!! Our room felt luxurious!!! The breakfast that is included is phenomenal- fresh food, large variety, hot and ready and consistently restocked. Very quiet and safe environment here. Truly enjoyed our stay here - was relaxing and DEFINITELY clean!!

Didn't like that although the bathroom appeared clean Walking in the room it just didn't have that clean feel. Our pillow had a booger on the side that was face down.

The beds were very comfortable! It was a Clean facility,staff was nice and very professional.overall great amenities for the money spent.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They have charged my MasterCard x2 now I have to call and deal with them. Hope they take care of it. If not I’ll be calling you.

Pretty clean some of the workers were good to help you others weren’t too helpful

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

there was no parking spot for handicap room 117. they had other handicapped rooms available with parking right in front of rooms and i don't know why i got that room. house keeping was very lax.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

As I read before, okay for one night. Tile floor in the hallways makes it extremely noisy and having the rewrite above the bar/eating area added to that. The worst room in the hotel. I traveled extensively, and overall I'm not impressed with the accommodations in Penang. I did notice the pattern with places to stay in booking.com where the pictures are quite deceptive as is in India.

The room was small, but nothing special. I can't really say anything great about this place.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didnt like the fact they had no coffee makers or USB ports in the rooms.

love the king bed rooms, they are supwr clean n comfy. it is also quieter herecthan most other places i have frequented.

The room had a stale smell and the carpet didn't feel overly clean. the bathroom appeared recently renovated and was clean and fresh. The breakfast was adequate but limited choices and no freshly cooked foods.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed felt like l was floating on air. The marble flooring in the bathroom was simply elegant. The continental breakfast was excellent. The gardenlike sitting area was an extra delight to enjoy the crisp morning air.

Our room was next to the office, and some sort of high-pitched electronic sound (almost like some kind of alarm from an HVAC system) went off for about 30 seconds every hour. Until we got used to it, it woke us from sleep every time it sounded! Also, the dining space is REALLY small & cramped!

The price was excellent, and the hotel was very clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A couple days after i checked out, realizing I left a cell phone plugged in to charge in my room, called to retrieve it and it was said to not have been turned in. This is impossible as I was transferring all my data from that phone to my new phone so know it had to have been found. Looks like whoever found it scored with a 600.00 Samsung Note5

Accommodated my stay for two separate bookings on back to back nights

The room did not have a coffee maker, which I would have preferred; however, they offered coffee in the lobby.

The room was an excellent value for the price. It was obviously recently updated. Very cozy and clean. No odd smells in our room. Very close to the Safari Park, which was the reason for our stay. My kids enjoyed the continental breakfast, which included freshly made waffles, cereal, juice, fruit and muffins, etc. I would stay here again and recommend it to a friend.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Some nights it was difficult to find a place to park.

The overall design of the room was smart and nicely appointed. The lighting was well layed-out and the TV was large and placed well. And the alarm clock was helpful!

Wifi was kinda slow for uploading photos, but still ok to check emails and browsing.

Good choice for breakfast: variety of cereals, toast, bagels, juice, coffee, waffel maker, fruits, yogurt... Very comfortable beds. It was peaceful enough for a good night sleep for me, wife and 2 children. Nothing to complain about!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was no coffee maker in the room. Only ice machine I saw was coin operated. No lamps in room. Lighting was harsh. No phone book in room.

The bed was comfortable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My complaints are about lack of adequate parking space (thankfully it not a busy area, so I parked on the street right upfront) The water has super low pressure on 2nd floor. AC was too low and pointed directly towards the bed which made me feel very cold. The other side of the bed was okay. We were leaving too early for the breakfast at 7am and inquired about the menu and possibly picking up something for the road, but the night shift lady wasn’t sure what’s on the menu!

The staff in morning were pretty nice. The place very clean. There’s iron and hairdryer if you need it. Large TV, small fridge and a microwave.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff weren't particularly friendly.

I was pleasantly surprised with this Motel. The room looked like it had been recently redone and was quite nice. Everything was clean. Having a microwave and refrigerator as a standard was also helpful. I was a little worried when I booked it because it was so inexpensive but found the motel to be as nice as others that would cost twice as much.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was on the opposite side of the room from the tv, the screen in the bathroom was covered in dust, there was barley anything to eat around the motel, i had to go on the freeway somewhere to get a decent meal. And the worst part was that there was MOLD on the bagels for there breakfast. Multiple pieces of mold, DISGUSTING!!!!! I got a waffle from the dispenser cus I felt that was the only safe food to eat there. I definitely won't be coming back to this place!!

I liked that there was a mini fridge & microwave in my room.

Very low water pressure in sinks. TV Remote controls were temperamental or didn't work at times. Air units very noisy.

Clean, comfortable beds, quiet location. Daily room service to freshen up beds / bath - it was fantastic. Pool was clean/ refreshing. Breakfast hours were 7-9am, but staff let us continue past 9am until we were satisfied. Easy access to highways.

Cant think of anything!!

The room was very comfortable! Extra large bathroom... We used the laundry room provided which was a nice addition! Swimming pool was sparkling clean and very nice. The outside of the property was immaculate.... Definitely will stay there again, if in the area!! REALLY GREAT PRICE!!! Front desk person was very nice!!!

The room was extremely comfortable, enough room for 4 people (we had the standard 2 queen bed room), luggage, etc. The breakfast was enough to get us going each morning. Wifi worked great, the staff was willing to help in any way that they could with ideas and places to visit. The location was great for what we were in town to do, visit friends and sightsee. The price was amazing, it allowed us to do a few more activities than if we would have stayed at other lodging options in the area, and I feel we got a lot more bang for our buck for our trip with the family.

There was no coffee maker or dresser in the room we had. New furniture is on order.

Motel Mediteran was a great find. We do not like to spend a lot of money since we aren't in the room all day. We stayed 5 nights. The beds were comfy. The rooms smelled clean and fresh. Some updating has been done and they told us more is in progress. The rooms are small by today's standard but that is to be expected for the time frame that it was built. It was very quiet and we felt very safe. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I would go back again.

The pool was small. The rooms needed some updating.

A no frills property. However, the staff was friendly and the accommodations were clean and safe. Perfect location for enjoying the Safari Park.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No way to turn off lights once we got into bed.

Very clean and close to all the things we planned to do. Would stay again if we are planning to stay in Escondido.

The refrigerator freezer could have been cleaned better. It was not cooling at first but staff was able to resolve that issue. Before they repaired the cooling problem, the freezer had some black goo in it that smelled. I accidently touch it when trying to put my ice packs in there. The goo was still there when they resolved the cooling problem.

The morning breakfast and friendly staff.

• 2 Room Suite with Kitchen

The only thing that could have been better was the breakfast. I would just plan on going out for breakfast next time.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and maid service was very through. We stayed in the suite and it was wonderful. My family also enjoyed the lit pool.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner made a lot of noise when it ran, tried lowering the settings so it wouldn't turn on as much but still was very noisy so I had to just turn it off. I would've given this hotel an excellent if it wasn't for that. But all in all it was a good place to stay.

The room was a good size, very comfortable bed. Large bathroom and very clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only issue was the room we were in had just had work done and carpet was not finished being installed around the kitchen area. The rest of the areas were just fine.

• 2 Room Suite with Kitchen

Direct TV service was not operational in both rooms.

Spacious room for a family. Good and simple continental breakfast. Friendly staff from start to finish.

I was very dissappointed that, except Wade, the owners or mgrs. were of NO help. They had hard time speaking English and when I asked them a question all they said was "I don't know". Sorry but people should be able to tell you where some things are, or at least look it up on the computer and give you a map quest. Also no elevator, it was hard for us OLDER girls to carry up our suitcases. But in Wades defense he said he would do it, we didn't let him because he was the only one at the front desk.

Clean sheets, nice t.v. overall nice for the money.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Motel was in between seaworld and legoland. About 3 miles away is McDonald's and walmart. Quiet at night,for the price you can't beat it. Clean comfortable beds recommended this motel.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff tries to steal money from your credit card for days you didn't stay there after they canceled our reservation stating our card was invaild. So we stayed at a different motel the second day we were in town and this motel turned around and charged our card after canceling our reservation for the next day. These guys are crooks and I will make it a point to let everyone I know in the business world to never stay at this motel if my card is not refunded in the next 48 hrs.

Very clean rooms

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk clerk a woman was very rude with an attitude...I felt like i was in prison and the room smelt of armpits which was not good at all so i sprayed perfume and then they went to check my room and the front desk clerk made a comment. Like Dis tou pour a bottle of perfume in there...

Leaving

Fridge was broken. I had to check out 2 days early due to a family situation back home. I was refused any type of refund. Zero scenery.

Room was nice. Breakfast was good.

It was not clean. Both rooms were under construction and we had no way of knowing until we walked into the room. The people at the desk (multiple times) did not seem to care at all. Blood stains on the pillow cases. Sofa that looked like it was picked up of the side of the road. We were put into rooms that were not finished (plastic on cabinets, no carpet in the entry), strong odors, and sub standard cleaning (you could see the lint from everywhere they had cleaned, the carpet had construction dust everywhere, inside of refrigerator dirty) Adult entertainment next door. I would not come back to this hotel, nor recommend it to anyone. I do not like to give bad reviews - but I wish I had known all of this before we took our family there. When I talked to management about these issues, they just looked at me and showed absolutely no emotion. When I explained that I really do not want to put a bad review, he just said, "Do what you have to do, it is what it is." The lack of customer service (with the exception of Wade when we first arrived) is what put me over the edge with this place. It has potential but it is no where near it.

The waffles were good. Wade (the maintenance guy) happened to be manning the front desk when we arrived and he was the most helpful and friendly of all the staff. The beds were comfortable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room a little on the small side, and only one light switch, which meant evenings were either dark or searchlight-bright!

Cleanliness, staff, breakfast, landscaping all excellent

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very pleasant stay. Very clean facility. I would stay there again. Loved the citrus trees right below the deck. The grounds were pleasant and very well kept.

Pillows were a little too firm and the bars of soap were too small. How is that for being picky.

Was surprised at the quality of the complementary, continental breakfast. It was nice. The bathrooms were recently remodeled and looked nice. The TV was larger than expected with excellent range of channels. The staff did an excellent job at keeping the room clean and neat.

The staff ladies were very rude and non accommodating they also continued to talk amongst each other in front of guests. Both ladies were non friendly and had an attitude, one lady was on her phone and I did not wish to hear her unpleasant conversation.

The breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a little bit of unfinished repair going on around the outside of the hotel.

The staff was super helpful. The room was very nice considering the price. The hotel was close to the bike race that we did the next day.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

For the price and what one should i say consider a motel this is pretty decent. My bf and i stayed for 2 nights and 3 days and we were impressed of how the motel looks like. When you get to the reception to check in, the place smells good and smells like danish, bread or something. The lobby is clean. The parking lot is clean too new asphalt and parking is adequate. Now the room, we got a queen sized single bed but we got the 2 beds instead. We really don't care since there is no room to put your stuff. There were a couple of hangers but no place to put stuff so the other bed was where we put everything. There is a mini fridge and a microwave. Flat screen tv and free wifi. Wifi was decent but not that high speed. The beds and sheets were clean. Pillows smell clean because that's my pet peeve i hate smelly pillows. There is a little round table for eating and chairs. Sink was clean and but it doesn't drain well. Shower and tub is clean. But the toilet rocks and a bit too low. But it was okay. The rate came with breakfast and we utilized that too. They have bread, bagels, muffins and danish. Cereal and milk. And waffled are so fun to make. lol coffee, juice and hot chocolate. So i will come back here for sure when we go to san diego safari park. besides the price the rate and what it includes it's really worth it. Plus it's close to a gas station and just a mile or two to vons or trader joe's

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

everything was excellent I was running about 1 hour late for my arrival time and I called for over 25 minutes and nobody ever answered the phone and when I got there I started to explain to him and he said we were busy very abruptly and short not very friendly for first impression of the hotel otherwise everything was excellent I would stay there again the only other thing in the business center the copy machine ran out of paper when I asked for more paper she gave me 6 sheets of paper and I asked her for more she goes people print too much out

The room was very clean the bed was comfortable slept very well great WiFi

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They were resurfacing the parking lot, which is small anyway, which made for tight maneuvering to get in and out. However, it is a necessary inconvenience, to upgrade.

Very serene, quiet, clean, customer friendly...

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Great one day stay. Clean spacious room - booked one king, was more than enough room for my 2 year old and I. Breakfast was adequate and front desk was beyond accommodating for my situation and friendly. I cant wait to stay here again.

I dont like the 1100am checkout time as I work late and got to bed late. By the time I ate got showered and organized for the next day I ended up with 5 hours sleep. Must be my fault but can exceptions be made. The house cleaners were at my door promptly at 11am

This is a clean classy place I hope it stays as is. Maybe wuth a couple poolic changes

• King Suite with Spa Bath

I booked the room for a mother's day vacation for wife and family due to the nice pictures of the suite posted online and proximity to Wild Animal Park. Hotel is located on a busy street/freeway exit and suite (room) is located at the very front (on the street) of the property, above/over the front lobby. The room was nice but overpriced; it included a 150.00 deposit and was very loud from both the street traffic and noise (doors slamming) from the lobby directly under the suite (room). It came with a nice Jacuzzi tub but jets did not work and also a nice large screen TV that had a tendency to go in and out with poor cable reception.

Room was clean and remodeled