Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham St. Augustine 2 stars

6.2

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Miserable
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms are completely outdated. Cockroaches in bathroom and fleas in room. There is a lot of prostitution and drugs in this motel. So you never feel safe.

I didn't really like anything but it's a cheap motel if u book on booking.com or priceline. But for the money you should get so much more.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Great staff, but crummy facilities and pet fees, which didn't add up to good bang for buck.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No microwave. A cockroach. Poor water pressure. Mediocre breakfast choices. $10 per night per pet. Hairdryer broken and not replaced. No luggage carrier.

Very friendly and cooperative management, desk, and cleaning staff. Can tell they are trying to make it a good place. Lighted parking. Great TV channel selection.

Still in pain
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Place was filthy.(carpet, shower curtain, ). Walked in my socks around the room and socks turnedbrown, shower curtain was molding, sliding patio door was coming apart so had a gap between the frame and glass, ceiling peeling in bath room, bed spreads had holes in them. Place is so out dated...you would certainly expect a clean room for a $100 + a night..

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Horrible customer service, manager will not work with you
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They charged me full price for a room I never checked into, I emailed booking.com the night of booking the room and informed them that I no longer needed the room and needed it canceled. I am an active duty service member and something came up last minute where I had to rush back to Fort Stewart Georgia for a mission and couldn't use the room anymore. The following day when I called super 8 they started the policy is that they have to charge me full price.

Nothing Absolutely nothing

Honestly...
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The people that hung out or lived there made it a bit awkward. The room was rundown. The bedding wasn't comfortable.

The staff was nice & friendly. Convenient location.

My to nights stay was good and the place was very clean.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the 1st hr the TV did not work the next day the key did not work had to get it reset to get in the room. Both mornings not much to choose from for breakfast plus the honey buns where not fresh kind of old

Check in the lady was very nice and also helped get someone to the room to fix TV next day the gentleman was a big help resetting my key Each time I met one of the employees they where friendly The bed slept goom

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

My boyfriend and I are both 20 years old.

My boyfriend and I are both 20 years old. I called twice and talked to two different people, two different days and asked if we are able to stay at this place because we are under 21. Usually at other motels and hotels you have to be 21 and up, however they told us we had to be 18 and up. So when we arrived, after a two hour drive a lady named Bridgett said we had to be 21. She said that she would let us stay but if we did anything she would call the Sheriff on us.

close by outlet and go shopping
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

only problem in the hotel no microwaves and no refidge. can't warm the food or cold drink. Need put microwaves and refidge.

close by outlet and go shopping

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

I will warn people not to stay there.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpet was sticky everywhere and thread bare in places. The bathroom was atrocious. The people in the adjoining were very loud and kept going in/out of the sliding glass door. I did not sleep well. Wyndham should be ashamed of this property. I booked a room at America's Best Value Inn for the remainder of my stay.

I liked the kindness and helpfulness of the staff.

I loved the location and staff was very friendly and very convenient with the parking and my room
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom door wouldn’t close and I had to keep trying to get my towels and washcloth there was three of us and kept not giving us three

The swimming pool was right out of my door

They accommodated a fridge immediately.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

First room we were placed in didnt have a refrigerator ac didnt work and beds were old and felt springs also had smell. May have been a pet room but we didnt have pets

They accommodated a fridge immediately. But we requested to move rooms altogether due to the ac and smell while having young children with us. They allowed us to enter any available room we wanted to check out to see which wed prefer. Went above and beyond at this point.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Worst hotel room ever

It was infested with german cockroaches. The carpet was stained and filthy. It smelled of cigarettes and sadness. Dusty, filthy, nasty. Bathroom door was kicked in and would not shut. Unthinkable to rent such a room. The most disgusting hotel room I have ever stayed in, ever.

The lawn was cut well

Me. United States
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The way the carpet smelled when entering the room

The staff was friendly. The breakfast was acceptable, the price was affordable. They need microwaves in the rooms and the carpet had some type of smell too it like it needed to be cleaned, but nothing unable. Over all it was a nice place to stay for a few days. Thanks super8

The staff was nice.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The washing machine was out of order and I needed to use it but besides that no other complaints.

The staff was nice. The room was clean. Great location.

My kids did enjoy the pool and when we requested extra...
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pillows on the bed were none existent and the breakfast could use a lot of work. The pool was also dirty.

My kids did enjoy the pool and when we requested extra pillows and blankets they were given to us. Thank you.

Bed is comfortable - Room Size is good and spacious
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Furniture and carpet is old. We found some insects on the bed. the bed sheet is old and has some stains on it. they do not replace it. breakfast is limited and palace is very small people take their breakfast out or eat while they standing. No umbrella on the swiming pool. Main-doors are open although their is cctv. but security is important to keep unwanted people away. Doors should be closed. staff is no so friendly. billows are square shape and very small.

Bed is comfortable - Room Size is good and spacious

Was in a good location and price was decent.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Mold on bathroom ceiling. Electrical sockets coming out of wall. Housekeeping folded used bath linens and put them back on rack like they were clean, then front desk said that they had no clean washcloths. Never changed the sheets either and we were there for 3 nights.

Was in a good location and price was decent.

Ok-ish 4 day vaca
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were feces in the pool. Every time we used our sliding glass door we had to put it back on its track. White sheets were stained with blood or other stains. The carpet was filthy and made our feet turn brown. The telephone and alarm clock in our room was not connected to anything. Breakfast was minimal at best, more like a snack. The entire hotel inside smelled of mildew and didn't smell clean at all. Our door at first didn't latch. The prices are too high, in our opinion, for what you get.

Our room was by the pool. They are dog friendly and had a large area to walk dogs. The maintenance man was quick and efficient in fixing our door latch and didn't even wake our children up. The size of the pool and the pool area were nice. Parking close to our room was convenient.

Overall it was ok but will probably choose somewhere else next time.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The cleanliness of the room coukd have been better. Pillows coukf have been different. Not all the rooms are the same.

The staff was very nice and accommodating. Had trouble with our room and it was qyickly fixed without any question.

Customer service

We called when we reserved the room. Pay was upon arrival. When we called we asked a few simple question. Is pool open? Yes . What is the commute to beaches? 15 so minutes. That's was great. We get there and there is no microwave or mini fridge which is disclosed in ad and on super 8 website as well as the beautiful pool which was not open and had been down for a few days due to either construction or water we were told both. The room was not up to date. Bathroom very outdated. Balcony was scary. The representative at front desk was polite, but was also the same person to say the poor was open and 2 different reason it was closed. Manager was apologetic to the situation and gave us a night free (which we didn't take). Our money they held on the card was placed back in a timely manner due to my bank. Over all I can say was good was customer service. For 4 days its was 282.88 and that was to expensive for the conditions.

Customer service

The beds were really comfy.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bath was dirty and uncomfortable. I had a handicap room, but although it was design for their convenience, the bathroom floor flooded every time we took a bath, so the water ran outside, soaking the carpet. So... the humidity smell of the room was very disgusting.

The beds were really comfy. I rested very well in the fluffy bed.

Not going to stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Did not sleep well. The people beside us were up slamming doors all night. Management spoke to them and they quit the second night.

It was right by the outlets.

It was a nice overnight stay on our way back to Miami.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I wish breakfast lasted until checkout time. The pool was closed.

The staff was very nice. We’d forgotten a couple things in the room and the room attendant brought them right out before we could leave and gave them to us.

Rooms didn’t match what the pictures on the website.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms didn’t match what the pictures on the website. I had to have our room keys reset 4 times to get in our room. I had to push the door hard to get it to close.

Review

The location was not great you had tp make u turns to get into and out of the property. The sliding glass door to the balcony had a broken lock and looked as if it had been broken into

The staff was friendly. The room was clean.

awful
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

there was not one thing acceptable ... rust on the tub, spring mattress, pillows the size of throw pillows broken furniture, stained sheets etc....

The staff were nice and very friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff were nice enough, but the property was not very nice. Ant problem around the motel, pool skimmer did not appear to be operational,lots of litter, and just plain beat up. A very old property with a poor renovation 10 years ago. I didn't really expect much for $64, but this place should have been $29.99.

The staff were nice and very friendly.

Comfortable bed;
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hair dryer was missing so had to request one; pillows were the size of toss cushions; sliding door to deck was damaged and didn’t shut properly; rust ? On the edge of the bathtub; cover over light in bathroom was damaged so unsightly

Comfortable bed; very friendly staff who acted promptly on our requests

Not at all the anniversary vacation we expected 😞
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The fact that we weren't received with smile should of been a reason to know what we were in for the place needs alot,of work the door to the bathroom made a horrible loud noise the toilet seat was wobbly when you sat down left a not on the seat they never fixed it my husband was so upset he just wanted to leave but we had spent our money forthat place so we had to stay we will never return and i will let my family and friends that are super 8 customers know not to go there on their trip to Saint Augustine in July so very unhappy plus the bed was so hard there was no was to get comfortable.

For the money nothing was acceptable we had a horrible time checking in due to them putting in wrong info had to,call the bank then finally they used a different computer that worked the room was Not clean the way you expect a place to be the toilet had hair all over it the side of the tub had brown spots on it the head board had dust on it the sliding door would not open the noise was like if we were in the middle of the hwy just an awful anniversary vacation sorry we picked this place we have always stayed in a super 8 and this has won the prize not a happy customer.

Never again!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The property is across from two adult entertainment places. The maid had to be asked to clean when she hadn't arrived by 5pm. The front desk clerk couldn't smile if her life depended upon it. The maid did not refill the tissue container so we couldn't blow our noses and left us short one towel. For the price of $100+/day it isn't worth $50 at best.

The sheets were clean.

Could park near your front door.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Outdated. Bathroom was almost non-functional. This motel was not your usual Super 8. Needs to be inspected, refurbished or shut down.

Could park near your front door.

Nice definitely book again!!

Everything was nice for the most part, only concern was the bathroom mat for the shower was very slippery!!! And someone was tending to the lawn at 7 pm, I was trying to sleep!!!

Everything was nice for the most part, staff was very nice!!!

Would not recommend

Housekeeping took our dirty towels & trash, but didn't give us new ones, nor trash bags. Didn't even make the bed, vacuum, replenish toilet paper or coffee. Very old place, paint peeling off bathroom wall & electric outlets pulled from the wall.

I will not return
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were awful not comfortable at all..they were also really small..Also when I arrived the room they put me in the door couldn't close like someone had rigged it so they can enter when they please..it really was the worst

The location was perfect for the places we wanted to go.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

To list was broken and had to ask twice to have it fixed. Then the sliding door was broken also. They need to make sure everything is working before the release a room.

The location was perfect for the places we wanted to go. The staff was friendly.

Nice place to stay in St Augustine
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Smoking

It was great, except the internet did not work at first and I had to run off my hotspot to do my homework. Although, they were quick to fix it and I was able to complete my school assignments on time.

Overall it was a nice stay! The front desk lady was the best, she certainly deserves a raise! She went the extra mile to ensure we were comfortable and felt welcome. Although, the rooms are older, but very clean, they are huge rooms for the money. It certainly is a great location if you are visiting as well as large enough if you have children so they have room to be kids!

Good breakfast, big pool
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No wife in the room, it took more than hour to make somebody fix it, no chaise-longues around the pool, dirty and damp rooms, expensive, no microwave in rooms

Good breakfast, big pool

The stay was good. The maintenance guy ensured us of the security cameras posted.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The sliding glass doors didn't appear to be too secure. We had a had time getting the doors closed and locked. Maintenance came very quickly to, somewhat, fix the problem. The bathroom had a wieird smell and the water did not get very hot.

Two clean and comfortable beds.

The condition of the room and hotel were so shabby and poorly maintained that I decided to not sleep

I recommend this hotel be removed from your listings as the quality of the room is not anything close to what one would expect for the price.

The entire hotel was incredible shabby. Sliding glass doors of many rooms were open with furniture from the rooms on the balconies. The room smelled very bad and the door did not seem secure.

Dirty, smelly and disipointing
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Swing lock on the door did not work. The rooms are old and smell like old cigarette smoke. Carpet was awful and sticky in places. Dirt was collected in every corner in the bathroom. I have two kids and it was never mentioned that it is across the street from two adult entertainment stores and you MUST turn right in from of them to get out of the hotel. It made for some awkward questions from the kids.

Location is good.

The room was awful. Worst experience ever.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Smoking

It wasn't a clean room. The bathroom was terrible. The toilet and shower was dirty. The bed and room smelled like a wet dog. The worst experience I have ever had. Will definitely not be back.

Staff

It was fair. Room could have been cleaner. Staff was very nice.

The horrible smell of cigarette smoke going in the doors of the hallways. People went out to the doors at the opening of the hallways to smoke. It was very bad!!

Would not stay again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms could have been a lot cleaner, smelled like cigarette smoke; trash left on floor from previous occupants; towels that have seen better days; sad breakfast. There are too many other motel options in the area.

Not too much to like. Front desk girl was very friendly but was downhill from there.

Would stay again and will in the future

The rooms could be upgraded new paint new floors new showers

I liked the staff it was quiet peaceful beds were comfortable had protective coverings..our stay was awesome i would recommend my family and friends to stay there we stayed through bike week and i am glad we chose to stay at super 8 saint augustine..

Last resort
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cigarette butts literally everywhere and they clearly do not try to keep them cleaned up there was also broken glass outside our sliding glass window thank goodness my dog didn't step in it and also a huge ant bed at the corner of the porch which had been there a while and my dog did step in. Also the Continental breakfast was a joke. Cereal, crappy orange juice, waffle, and all same yogurt and packaged honey bun. No variety of any kind, no eggs or breakfast meats which any other motel who claims Continental breakfast has.

Not much

The room was big I loved the high ceiling and the view from...
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Smoking

The front desk lady seemed a bit rude, certainly not very accommodating. The maids were great.

The room was big I loved the high ceiling and the view from the private balcony.

Gross and Sketchy
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The area is sketchy - the room stunk!! mold/old/dirty - there was no shower curtain - no shower curtain!!!? like really?? and no one could help get one - Pictures make it look good - its GROSS!

It was a very nice stay
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Smoking

The WiFi was a very weak signal and would throw us offline.

The breakfast was good. The employees were very nice and helpful. It was a very quite and peaceful property.

Never, Never Never again. Utterly disgusted.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom had Black footprints and was utterly disgusting, walls in the bathroom had sticky residue in streaks as it looks as though it ran down the walls... mirrors were gross and nasty, no iron, stickers on the windows, carpet had crusty white spills or other... had to purchase additional blankets so we didn't lay on the bed. I took photos and plan on complaining to the corporate office of the motel.

My Getaway
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only had to wait for 10 minutes for room, No big problem since I saw how busy they were!! And I got room on end so that I wouldn't bother nearby room with loud TV with me having bad hearing.

Hotel getting better every time I go. Room comfortable, clean, nice simple breakfast. Waffles, cereals, breads for toaster, good coffee and juices, fresh fruit. People working there always nice and courteous. One of few hotels in area with full TV channel list.

Its no luxury place but if your looking for a one night stay place then this one will do.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hallway did have a funky smell like old dirty carpet. Also the bathroom door in the room had a stain on it. Looked like something was spilled.

The price wasn't bad. First time staying at a super 8 the price I paid for a one night stay was reasonable. The room was okay, really didn't find or see anything wrong with it.

Everything is very nice, is a very pet friendly, Is so easy...
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Hallway smell like someone was smoking, the first day they didn’t do vacuum so the floor was a little bit dirty

Everything is very nice, is a very pet friendly, Is so easy to get there plus you have I hope on the side

The place wasn't horrible. It just in no way suited our needs. I would never stay there again.

Our room was not ready 30 minutes after our check in time. Had to take a room with a smaller bed or wait. Was not eligible for a refund because I booked on this site. No discount was offered or given for the inconvenience. Not the fault of the hotel but because of the location of the hotel I had to drive a half mile past it to uturn and get back to it. Not a place I would stay at again.

The bed was comfortable enough.

Hotel is very close to I-95 and outlets.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Smoking

Rooms and bathroom dirty . Have specific odor . Beds are ok but pillows and all rest if the bedding horrible. For money I payd was not worth it.

Hotel is very close to I-95 and outlets.

We had good experience last couple of times at Super8. This facility was somewhat disappointing.

Room requires updating. Carpet worn in several places. Very poor internet service in the room. Internet was OK in the office.we had good experience

Friendly front desk staff

Unhappy
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Maid service and front desk person saying I could have an extension on my last day and stay past check out time at 11 and stay until 1 without any additional charge because they weren't busy then when I went to check out I got locked out of my room at 11 and went to tell them I had an extension until 1 this front desk person said they only give extensions till 12 which was not what I was told I will be staying there again and not recommending your place to anyone

Only price

For the price, we felt we got a decent room
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was clean but worn. Bedspread was patched and curtains had small holes throughout. WiFi did not work and could not get coffee pot to work

We were right by a small field where we could walk the dogs from the sliding door off our room

Horrible

The bathroom was not presentable it had mildew all around the tub and the sink was not nice and the bed was not comfortable they don’t have regular size pillows only have three small pillows and at that not comfortable.

The girl in front desk was nice

Never again
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Smoking

I didn’t like having to pay 85.00 for a dirty room. Piss all over the seat in the bathroom the beds were not washed the sheets went to another room and the sheets had blood on them like seriously?! My stay was horrible

I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

We stayed at this motel from Thursday to Sunday and they only cleaned the room once after we said something to the front desk. We had to ask for clean towels and toilet paper because they did not give us any. We were not able to get into our room because the door/lock did not work properly. We had to go to the front desk every time and have someone let us in. They did not fix the door or even attempt to fix the door. The soap dish in the shower was right in the way of taking a shower. Every time you try to rinse off you would hit your head on the soap dish. The room was very dark and the tv did not work very well. The bed bowed in the middle so when you tried to sleep you would roll to the middle of the bed. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

I didn't like anything about it.

Live roaches in the room
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Smoking

Housekeeping cleaning my room to put my dirty towels but did not give me any clean towels I went down to the front office the next morning and asked for clean towels and she told me she didn't have any I was going to have to wait to housekeeping come in well by the time housekeeping come in I was getting ready to check out plus I had an issue with roach bugs I recorded and pictured two different roaches one was in my bed and one was on the wall next to the nightstand

Didnt eat breakfast.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room itself was not bad but not good.. The paint was peeling off the walls there was no hair dryer the tv didnt work half the time...

Didnt eat breakfast.. The bed was comfortable..

Barely adequate. Staff very nice.
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Husband described property perfectly: “shabby.” Bedspreads updated, nothing else. Walls stained, carpet ratty, bathroom fixtures no longer chrome plated, metal doors marred and scratched. Door to building with rooms wide open all night and not secure. I don’t expect a lot for $100/night, but this was definitely way overpriced. Continental breakfast choices included 2 cereals, waffles with sugar-free syrup, a few pieces bread, and some small yogurts. Wifi did not work. In-room chair and carpet grimy.

Bed was comfortable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I expected a much nicer experience for the amount of money that I paid. The tub was atrocious - like someone's dirty bathroom at home. It could definitely use a remodeling. The patio door wouldn't open which was very frustrating as we were parked right in front of our room but couldn't bring the bags in through the sliding door.

Great location....extremely close to the outlets and not far from the beaches, even with a short drive. Staff was friendly and I very much liked the inside/indoor entrance to our room. Being pet friendly was the deciding factor in my choice when I made my reservation...we always travel with our dachshund :) Room rate through Booking.com was fantastic...and we'll most likely stay at this this facility again when we travel to St. Augustine.

Nice place to hide out from a hurricane, but definitely not the nicest hotel in the area
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When booking this hotel, the page stated microwave and fridge in every room. This was not true. There was 1 microwave in the lobby for everyone to share and not all rooms had a fridge. One room booked had a fridge and the other one did not. I was told on night 1 that they would try to find one and would get back in touch with me. Never heard anything back in the 3 nights we stayed there.

The staff did the best they could given the situation. A hurricane is not something they deal with everyday. They did run out of clean towels given that they had alot more people than normal staying there, but we're very apologetic about it.

Dissatisfied and gave us memories for all the wrong reasons
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This hotel was really disappointing, the rooms were not clean, the towels were smelly and our son found a lizard in the bathroom on his towel. When we reported our issues with the staff at reception she had a 'couldn't care' attitude. We would not recommend this hotel.

Proximity to I95

The Waffels and the Pool
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The maids did not replenish the coffee cups/coffee inside the room. They also did not leave clean towels. The hallways were very hot....No air conditioning.

The Waffels and the Pool

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Disappointed and would not stay again
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was very outdated. The rooms and halls smelled musty and it was really run down & needed some painting. The breakfast area was very small & selection of food was very limited. Would not stay there again!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled a little smoky for non smoking but you can't always control what other guests are doing in the rooms

The hotel was very clean for the price. I wasn't expecting much but was very surprised. Bed felt more like a king than a queen which was a plus. Super close to attractions in St Augustine, such as old town & the beach.

There was absolutely nothing to like about this property.

There was absolutely nothing to like about this property. It was too far out of town a return taxi cost $40. The rooms were absolutely filthy and the lavatory in the bathroom overflowed leaving an already filthy bathroom covered in urine and faeces this meant we could not use the bathroom at all ! I complained about the filthy rooms nothing got done ! The hotel staff were unhelpful and I'm certain they had been correctly trained ! A very poor sub standard accommodation I would never recommend anyone stay here

it would have been cheaper to stay at a nicer place
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Smoking

The room smelled like urine. The hall smelled like cigarette smoke. The sliding glass door to the unswept, chair-less patio was hard to open and close and unstable. I woke up with bug bites on my legs. I assume this means bedbugs, so I threw away my pjs. Now I need to replace them. So much for a good deal! The hot and cold water taps were mixed up and the cold water never got cold. The bathtub was slow to drain. There were roaches. The wifi was not working when we first arrived , I called and told the front desk and she "re-set" it, but it was slow and sometimes stopped. Looks like Saint Augustine has a seedy part of town, and this Super 8 is in it. Across the street from a porn store. Half of the motel is boarded (we thought it might be closed when we puled in and were disappointed it wasn't when we saw the condition. Surprised they didn't charge by the hour. We left as soon as the sun was up.

I liked the price.

Adequate for the cost
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool water was clean but the pool had a lot of loose "dirt" floating around (needed vacuumed??), and the concrete deck around the pool was not clean. The pool itself was a nice size and located in a nice lawn area. The pool did not have adequate seating. There were only 2 small tables with 6 chairs and 3 of those chairs had been placed outside one guest's room for their own personal use!

The woman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful to everyone. The breakfast was nothing fancy but more then adequate and the desk person helped my grandson get some cereal even though it was a little after 9 am.

It was descent for the price.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Our bathroom was in poor condition and the tub took forever to drain. And the face of the air condition kept falling off.

The bed was amazing. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were good sized. They were very helpful with any problems we had.

If paying cash make sure they take your money upon arrival or they will try to use your card
    • Double Room with Two Large Double Beds - Smoking

The motel front desk clerks need to be better trained. She wouldn't accept my cash payment when I arrived she informed me that I would pay at check out. Then they tried to run my card twice both time they called me wanting to know why my card was not allowing them to get there money. I informed them twice that I was paying cash and they still tried to use my card. So annoying.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Browse Super 8 by Wyndham St. Augustine traveller photo gallery