Reviews of Mr C Beverly Hills 5 stars

1224 Beverwil Drive, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA

#54 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

• Deluxe King Room with City View

I was charged for internet usage although its supposed to be included in the amenities charge and then after it was removed, the hotel charged me again after checking out. I also realised that on booking.com the amenity fee listed is 19.95$ yet i was charged 24.95. Not what i expected from a leading hotels of the world member. Staff not very helpful

Good location and beautiful facilities.

• Premium King Room with City View

note there is no double lock on the door (no chain lock) and no security for elevator, meaning anyone can access the room floors... and there is no cctv along the corridor. not ideal for solo.

for that location, quite good value.

• Queen Studio

Try to avoid a room on Pico W boulevard. Pretty noisy though a very good view on the city

Small hotel with very good personnel caring about their guests. Good location in LA.

• Deluxe King Room with Beverly Hills View

Slow WiFi, no water bottles in room. Breakfast was meh, dining room older, chairs uncomfortable.

Location, valet parking, Nice room, great bed. Love the balcony. House car.

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The internet could be a bit quicker for this establishment Only one out of two elevators was working, which sometimes caused slight delays Very minor point: we would have liked a rooftop bar. There seems to be space for larger meetings on the upper floor, but the bar is located on ground level

The property is very stylish with exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. We especially liked the bathroom with the generous rain shower and the balcony The barkeeper was very talented The location in Beverly Hills is great and transport to nearby restaurants is available

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Expensive parking. Was only advised about all the inclusions upon checkout. Terrible internet. Kept taking our room slippers and weren’t replaced. Lift wasn’t working. Took a while to repair. Not 5 star standard.

Comfy bed. Valet staff were prompt and helpful. Overall staff were great except gentleman who checked us in.

• Queen Studio

The valet and bell service, room service and the housekeeping were all very slow when asked for requests. Mattress was not comfortable it felt that it was a little sunken. They also do not offer thick hotel quality blankets. Just thin waffle ones.

Cipriani restaurant is the best. The people at the front desk were also great. The room was very very pleasing and clean aesthetically.

The gym could use some updating and the space is small for the amount of equipment

We love this property! It's a first rate hotel that isn't stuffy, super friendly and accommodating staff.

This is probably one of the worst hotels I ve been to. It doesn t even deserve 3 stars. We ve stayed 12 nights and could only sleep 2 nights without having to face external problems. Noise because of a problem with crazy air conditioning on the above floor, people coming at 7am in the room even if “do not disturb” was on, shower putting itself on in the middel of the night like crazy, noise from other guests the whole night (even my deep sleepy 6 years old child couldn t sleep), alarm clock put on and waking us up at an early hour... we had to move 3 times from room to room. Room service, supposed to be 24h, and wihout notice, we can just have a plate of fruits because of food allergies before 11pm!!! And when you ask for a commercial gesture, you re told that it is not likely because the reason why I can t eat is mine... the restaurant room is so cold that we ALL got sick... we only did room service at the end because it was too cold to stay in the restaurant... and last but no least: my father got 500€ stolen in the room... (we have 2 friends who experienced the same problems in the past...) well... it is to be expected to see your problems sloved when you are staying in a leading hotel of the world... apparently that is not how it goes there. I had to be “taken care of” by the “manager” in the evening twice... how can such a hotel hire such a NO commercial skilled lady??!! She says every word to put you even more angry and no one to make you feel that she is actually doing smth for you... not even can she apology for what we are experiencing. There is only one guest relation manager who is actually competent, Sierra.

• Premium King Room with City View

The interior is cool but a bit worn. The daily cleaning services were variable. THERE ARE HIDDEN CHARGES. It was pointed out to me that the Amenity Fee was in addition to the Booking.com quote. This is true, and I missed it. But the amenity fee aspect of the quote is buried in the finer detail of the booking (under Hotel Policies). Not on at all. They should be more upfront. WATCH CHECKING OUT. I was quoted free WIFI. The original bill I reviewed had a daily charge for WIFI (in addition to the Amenity Fee!) Only after pointing that out, did they remove the charge. Shame, because it could be a great place.

Proximity to BH central.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

I had a king size bed that was very comfortable on one side of the mattress, but it had a hole on the other. Luckily was alone, but I would not expect this from a 5 star hotel.

Very helpful staff at the front desk, quick check-in and check-out

• Deluxe King Room with City View

I was eaten alive by bedbugs and got no rest. I've spent the rest of my business travel scratching! When I informed the hotel personnel the only response I revived was "oh no, sorry about that".

• Deluxe King Room with City View

If you are given a room on be street side? Noisy noisy. I have lived in Manhattan and this made NYC look quiet. There are no soundproof windows and the sound was awful. We did not sleep at all. I actually booked a second night and decided against it and cancelled. For the price? It's just not cool to be woken up all night long by street noise, screaming, cars and the hotels own music. The rooms are tired and need refreshed. The wood floors are very damaged, there is NO where to unpack so if you plan a long stay? You will have to trip over your suitcases. I have stayed in many many "leading hotels" and this hotel is just not up to par with the standards and the price point? Its just just to high. $46 parking/ $19.95 amenity fee/ room service was $18 for 2 eggs and potatoes. Nothing else! How much can a piece of toast and butter cost? Mr. C is in a great location, the atmosphere is fun and very LA. To bad I left so that I could get some sleep at a hotel by LAX.

The hotel was very lovely, the staff was wonderful and the restaurant was fantastic.

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds and Beverly Hills View

The slow breakfast attendance during our third day. It took a long time to be served, all the requests were miss understood... very bad experience at breakfast.

the location, the comfort, the staff. The room was nice. Very nice balcony with a view to Hollywood and LA and very private also.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Terrible service. Was charged $2000(aud) on my credit card without my permission - (500 as deposit and 1500 as a room security holding) which I now have to wait a week to get back. Very inconvenient to have that much space blocked on your card when you have a whole holiday ahead - and this was only a 3 night stay. Always forgotten at the bar/pool/eating areas - had to keep reminding staff of what we ordered and asking if it was coming. The response was often "I'm onto it" - well actually you're not! Took over 30 mins just to get drinks delivered. Lots of attitude witnessed from the staff - to us and other patrons. Wedding held over the time we stayed there in communal areas without being notified upon checkin. Would have been nice to know.

Beautiful hotel, lovely room, gorgeous reception, the pool is "okay" - not as good as others in LA. Very grateful for early checkin after a long flight from Australia.

Nothing at all.

Wonderful hotel. I liked every thing in this hotel. Good location , wide room with excellent furniture, awesome balcony with beautiful city view. Also the valet parking service was perfect. And of course the awesome reception staff. This is one of the best hotels I've ever visit.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Only one of the lifts working over the two days we were there, which for a Leading Hotel of the World member wasn't very good. The standard of the breakfast was not the best and the service was very poor, which we did speak to the maitre de about.

The welcome by Justin was very informative and professional, with Bellini made available to us which certainly helped after the road trip there. The hotel car is available to guests as a taxi within a three mile radius which was certainly helpful getting us to the Hop on Hop off bus station. Concierge made a good recommendation and booking at a local Italian restaurant.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

There is still a lot of room for improvement. The hotel has the charm of a small boutique hotel in Italy, but it wants to cope with the 5 star places in L.A. (Beverly Hills). Thus, it needs to keep up with the competition - and that is where it lacks. One morning one of the 2 elevators was out of service. Then they ran out of coffee (really). Room service needs to pay more attention to details. In room entertainment is not working. WiFi is the slowest I have had in any hotel in LA. The pool is really small.

Most of the staff was always trying to be helpful. It has a lot of charm. The quality of food is great. Their driver, Angel, is one of the friendliest people of the hotel. His service is 6 star. That said, having that service is a great add-on and makes up for the little distance it has to Rodeo Drive etc.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

I'd be stretching to find something I didn't like.

Mr. C is an incredible boutique hotel in a convenient location in Beverly Hills. Classical music will play when you enter your room and there will be comfy slippers waiting for you. The staff is amazingly helpful and want to ensure you're having the best stay you could. It's too bad there are only a couple of Mr C locations to visit, I'd frequent them a lot more in travels to other cities.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Premium King Room with City View

So nice to have a balcony with a view! Room was spacious and beautiful. Very nice staff and perfect to have a parking. Loved to be welkomed with a bellini :) Loved the transportation service for free as well.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Deluxe King Room with City View

We had issues with our room - it was always dusty. Turns out it was the air conditioning filter. The hotel manager was excellent, moved us to another room and took off two nights from the bill. All the staff are friendly - pure class.

The hotel is magnificent, Jazz style, great bar, attractive room. Stylish and sophisticated. Was a real pleasure driving into the hotel. The rooms were excellent (we changed after dust issue) - the second room had the real view of Beverly Hills and you can see the Hollywood sign! Try and opt for this room - infinitely better view than the first.

• Premium King Room with City View

Would have loved a kettle or coffee machine in the room.

The beds were very comfortable - among the best we've had. The quality of food and service in the restaurant were excellent. Liked the pool table. Staff were all very helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Beverly Hills View

The toilet didn't work properly, I called for repair, but I ended up having to repair it myself. The shower head did not work properly. When I reported it, I was told, thanks. That's it.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Nothing not to like

We absolutely loved the whole experience,! We were treated like V.I.P guests. We are celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary, thank you for making our stay extra special with the champagne and strawberries in chocoate and fruit platter.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Breakfast at the restaurant was overpriced and not the best quality or service.

Went out of their way to make my stay comfortable. Incredible experience! Checking in was an experience with a special cocktail and classical music playing in my room. In the evening when I returned, the room was awful for me to go right to sleep with curtains close, bed prepped and soothing music playing.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Room was noisy from street noise. Restaurant was nice but overpriced. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would recommend

Location was good. Walking distance to a number of good cafes and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Stayed in a studio for the first time. Thought it was underlit and didn't like the city view. Next time will return to room with view of the hills. Also think fitness center could use a majeovet

Almost everything

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Curtains don't overlap so there's a gap that let's light in, the freeway side of the hotel can be a bit noisy, the towels are average quality, but the worst thing is they charge $18/day for "amenities" which I was told is to cover the cost of the welcome Bellini, wifi etc.......really???? Amenities aren't covered in the room price? A great hotel which with a couple of minor changes could be even greater!

Styling and location

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City View

It did get quite noisy since our room was facing the street. They missed a couple of wake up calls.

The bed was so comfortable and the staff were very kind. The room was nice and spacious and had a cool contemporary design to it.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Concierge had to be prompted to respond to a request. Staff predicated towards Oriental customers. Resort fee-in other words WiFi cost $15 per day!

Room size, comfort, good restaurant on sight.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The weather could've been better but that's all

The crossiants available at the entrance every morning are amazing, staff was very helpful, not a single fault in our stay and the decor and feel of the hotel were excellent.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City View

It had a really foul smell in the rooms,halls, lobby. The bellboy forgot one of our bags in the room and that made us miss our flight. The staff were extremely rude in dealing with the situation. Ur better of living in 3 star hotel if u want the same standard this hotel is providing.

Nothing. This is the first time i write a review because it deserves a really bad one.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Room was modern and pretty but worn down already since their renovations. I've stayed there a few times and didn't really care for my last room or the view. And when asked to upgrade they said I couldn't because I booked it through Booking.com....disappointing! Better off booking through directly so you can get the upgrade.

staff is great....always!

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City View

The hotel isn't close to anything of interest so you need to walk a distance to the main part of Beverly Hills. The valet parking is a bit of an organised mess but the guys are very friendly. We also booked a City View room but on the 2nd Floor the view is of some bushes outside your balcony so make sure you request at least 3rd floor! I should really have complained about this but......well, I'm British!

The room was very nice indeed.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Queen Studio

Exceptional service in every department. Room was amazing, and comfortable. I love that I had furnished outdoor space which seems to be rare these days.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Beverly Hills View

The Welcome on arrival was excellent , all the staff were great at their job made us at ease and welcome. Fabulous having the hotel car for short journeys, Angel the driver was a godsend ! 😊

• Premium King Room with Beverly Hills View

they did not clean my room two days in a row even after it was pointed out. all I got was turn down service. they made this up to me by providing me with 4 cookies and a bottle of water. this is an ok 4 star property but do not expect too much

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Beverly Hills View

i parked car by valet, and i asked concierge bring my documents to my car, but they locked in store, and i didn't check it, when i arrived place, i found no documents, it was really scared myself.

Room layout is really nice. front dest staff is really warmly, welcome cocktail is very nice.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Pool area is tiny. Main entrance was busy and noisy Fri / Sat night. Small restaurant.

Lovely, quiet location. Spotless, large room. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Staff was nice and probably with good intention but some of them were not professional: it was a complete mess!! Problems started with the reservation already and never stop until we left. They did not even clean the room and don't mention the troubles with the invoice!!

Food is very good. Good location.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

I was not impressed with the restaurant. My family and I felt it was very overpriced for unimpressive food. Again, though, the staff was excellent.

I was upgraded to a studio, and never wanted to leave. The cleanliness, the astounding view, and the ever-helpful staff made it a wonderful vacation.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Stinky smell all over the hotel. The staff giving promises Without delivering thier promise, I stayed for 6 nights and tried 5 times to book for massage and I couldn't even through the spa manager!!

The location and the room size.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Premium King Room with Beverly Hills View

1 - Stay away from this Hotel. 2 - 42 USD for parking daily while its free nearby :( 3 - The bed feels like a CHEAP MOTEL and makes a horrible and loud noises as well. (I informed the reception but nothing done) 4 - The mini bar fridge was dead on arrival (not acceptable for the money i am spending). 5 - Over priced restaurant 120 USD Breakfast for 3 people. 6 - Construction to a building exactly opposite the Hotel hence not worth the Overprice . 7 - Anybody shuts his door in the same floor you can hear it loudly .

The lemon trees outside

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds and Beverly Hills View

Our hats went missing after luggage was stored at concierge. Upon raising this issue they informed us that the hats were placed in our car when leaving. We certainly can't remember this, and they promised to get back after investigating the issue. Despite many emails to them on this follow up .... they can't even be bothered to respond to us anymore

Great location in Beverly Hills, enthusiastic staff always around to help (mostly), fantastic views from our room. A very enjoyable stay.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Beverly Hills View

We experienced appalling service during our stay at Mr C. My husband and I were excited to be in LA for the long weekend but the welcome service at Mr C had already set us up for disappointment. Upon check in we were told to wait at the bar as we would be served a welcome drink and a representative from the front desk would take care of check in. We waited for 20 minutes and no welcome drinks were served nor did anyone assist us with check-in. In fact it seemed as if they had forgotten that we were even there! My husband instead went direct to the front desk and we finally managed to check in half an hour later. Concierge was unhelpful, when we asked to help find us a nice cafe that served pancakes for breakfast the next morning, they managed to book the cafe in LA where pancakes was the only thing they didn’t have on their menu. Housekeeping was just as disappointing, we were told by housekeeping that we can send up to 4 items of clothing for complimentary pressing. Upon handing 4 items of clothing, they then charged us $61. They also made up our rooms very late, at 5.30pm, so after a full day out and about we had to wait at the cafe downstairs for over an hour for our room to be ready. (And this only after we had to tell them that the room had not been cleaned) As our flight leaving LA was at 9pm we requested to extend our stay for a further half day on our final day. At most hotels a half-day extension would delay check out to about 5-6pm for half the rate of a full day. The front desk, bluntly told us the latest a half day check out would be was at a meagre 4pm. When we asked if we could use the spa facilities to change and shower before our fight they told us flatly that we were not allowed unless we booked a massage with the spa. Honestly I have never encountered a 'Leading Hotels of the World' establishment who didn't allow guests to use spa facilities upon check out.

Rooms are ok but bathroom doors are designed to make life inconvenient

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City View

We had the most positive experience at Mr C from arrival to departure. Friendly staff, beautiful atmosphere. Shuttle service within 3 mile radius was really convenient. Would recommend without hesitation.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Bad smells and groups of ants attack my room. One cabinet in the room smells like tuna fish and due to poor window isolation it was very noisy and couldn't sleep after 7 am

Valet parking and staff

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Premium King Room with Beverly Hills View

the drawers and cabinets stank of rotten fish. the smell was so horrid that we couldn't use them and stayed unpacked for the duration of our stay. Although we complained and the hotel staff admitted that others also complained, they did nothing about it and just put it down to the smell of the leather in the room!!!! Also the front desk staff didn't seem to know much about the hotel itself as they kept giving wrong information about, for example, the hours the concierge was on duty and the time the musicians were performing over the weekend

the decor

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Queen Studio

Valet parking is extortionately expensive. They even park your car outside in this unbearably hot weather. Luxury cars get the best parking spots, of course!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Isolated hotel not for tourists. Over price not for a five stars hotel! No coffee maker no complementary water in room! Toilet is very tinny and uncomfortable. The photos on booking doesn't show the actual size of the hotel, in reality it is a small hotel with limited facilities.

The only thing which i liked was the free drive to anywhere within 3 miles "upon availability", which should be a must for such an isolated hotel!

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Was extremely expensive and did not see why, food wasn't great and room was nice but nothing spectacular

Bed was extremely comfy, room was very clean, staff were lovely

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room with City View

For 5 star ,, all the add on stuff at the end of the bill. Room was clean but little things like dirty chair in room and a bit noisy on the lower floors.

Hostess at breakfast wasn't attentive, felt like she wasn't really bothered.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Beds were not confy ,the two baisins in the bathroom left no room for my personal belongings and the old towels were hanging over the toilet Noisy south rooms

I liked the location and the valet parking

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Security. There is no double lock on the room door. And no elevator security and didn’t notice any cctv along the corridors.

• Deluxe King Room with Beverly Hills View

The friendliness and professionalism of the staff is unseen at any other Hotel I’ve stayed in, and I usually stay at 5 star hotels.

Noisy

It was unique

No bathtub

Chic... classy... clean... friendly

The no door in the bathroom in the only available handicapped room left

Bathroom

I love the balcony and the cosy atmosphere

Comfy bed

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Didn't touch anything from minibar, but they still charged me some extra money of that. So ridiculous! A terrible hotel!

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Breakfast lacked good bread.

Room was beautiful, everything first class.

Overpricef

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Every thing was perfect. Nothing to criticise

The service is first class. You will want for nothing. The staff are friendly, efficient and impeccable.

Expensive. Valet parking

Not a five star hotel.

Steven the night manager was a horrible representation of hospitality and service ego and arrogance

69 handsome charming

• Deluxe King Room with Beverly Hills View

Run down, smelly halls, everything looks worn out. Not as it appears in photography.

Nothing too complain about! Everything is just number 1

Everything was fantastic, the best hotel in LA

The room.

The shawer.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Best service in LA. Very helpfull and friendly people. Extra bonus for our honeymoon.

• Premium King Room with City View

Angel was amazing location will always stay when in L A

• Deluxe King Room with Beverly Hills View

Great well kept hotel. Prime location. Plus easy to walk to Beverly Hills shops and restaurants. Would stay again.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Road noise for most of the rooms on the street side

Location is perfect , Room Decoration, Breakfast

• Deluxe King Room with City View

So ecspesive it wasn't value for your money.

Swimming pool was really cool.

Browse Mr C Beverly Hills traveller photo gallery