Reviews of Nicollet Island Inn 3 stars

95 Merriam Street, Minneapolis, MN 55401, USA

#6 of 55 hotels in Minneapolis

9.7

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 29

• Reviewed: 12 November 2018

A long anticipated stay not what I had hoped.
    • Standard King Room

The heat pump in our room (there's one serving each room), decided to fritz out, leaving our room at roughly 55 degrees the first night (it was about 20 degrees outside). They did give us two space heaters, but that caused the electricity to go totally out in our room. They worked very hard to get it fixed, and they did (their people are wonderful!). However, the relaxing stay I had so looked forward to, just didn't really happen. And, for the price I paid, I don't think the "two free drinks" really covered it. Not sure if we will return - and that makes me sad.

This is a lovely hotel and has been my favorite since staying there several years ago. The staff is friendly and helpful. It is truly a gem in the Minneapolis area. A quiet, wooded island getaway in the center of a large metro area.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Beautiful Historic Hotel in downtown Minneapolis
    • Queen Room

Coffee in room has become standard in most hotels but not here. There was supposed to be complimentary coffee in the lobby but I could not locate this (perhaps as a result of multiple weddings the night before.) This is a minor complaint as there is a Starbucks within 2 blocks and a pleasant walk across the Mississippi.

A wonderful historic hotel in the heart of downtown Minneapolis. The room feels as though one is stepping into the late 17th/early 18th century yet they have updated the electronics, a nice dimmer switch in the bathroom and very comfortable bedding and seating. A view of the river and downtown with complimentary parking and wonderful walking to downtown areas of dining. While I did not eat at the restaraunt, the menu for dinner and Sunday Brunch looks incredible!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Unique property offers elegant comfort in the heart of the city.

No outstanding negatives. Front desk staff on arrival were a little aloof, but it didn't detract from the experience. Other staff members were very friendly and accommodating.

Historic vibe with modern cleanliness and comfort. Makes you feel elegant and pampered. Charming island location in the middle of the city, with access to lots of great destinations on foot. Parking is free.

This is a great old hotel that is totally modern where it...

Loved it all.

This is a great old hotel that is totally modern where it needs to be. Glorious. This is not one of the cookie cutter motels you see everywhere. It has character and old world charm in abundance.

Best hotel I've stayed at.
    • Standard King Room

Nothing...I loved it all!

The beds were the best I've ever slept on. The staff was accommodating, friendly, and helpful. We were late for breakfast time and they still serve us with the a wonderful meal and a smile. I had the quiche and it was to dye for. It was cozy and interment even though I stayed with my girlfriend. I want to take my husband sometime.

Beautiful hotel in a great location with a wonderful staff. I would recommend visiting this area!
    • Standard King Room

I lost power in my room trying to blow dry my hair. No kleenex in the bathroom (or anywhere) the shower was not good and hard to find outlet for my phone charger.

The Inn is beautiful and in a beautiful location. The staff is great - but my room went totally dark when I tried to blow dry my hair in the morning. The gentleman at the front desk got it restored pronto! The view is amazing from the dining area and would love to spend more time there just to explore the hotel and the island. The hotel is more of a bed and breakfast atmosphere...no vending machines and ice machines.

Comfy as can be, close to where I wanted to visit, Lots of wonderful places to see and walk to!
    • Standard King Room

One of the desk clerks was a tad snooty...no big deal...just somewhat annoying. Absolutely nothing else to complain about!

Very close proximity to The Makeover Guy Studio, trendy eateries, walking trails. This Inn was highly recommended to me by The Makeover Guy Studio, after I asked them for their input. I am so appreciative of their assistance. I personally feel the inn should acknowledge the Studio for their (basically) free advertisement!

Have always wanted to stay here and it was a dream come true!
    • Standard King Room

The location, the views, the historic charm, the service, the comfort, the vibe. The room service of desserts! Loved it. We had spent a few nights in a heavily trafficked hotel in the suburbs and were wore out. We checked into the Nicollet Island Inn and it was like a sanctuary! We put on our complimentary bathrobes, snuggled up in the comfortable bed with all the fluffy pillows, turned on Game of Thrones and had room service bring us some dessert. It was just dreamy! We will stay here again next year. Not to mention, it was a lovely river walk too!

Nice place for an event. However, the facilities are severely lacking. I would not stay there again.
    • Queen Room

Room temperature could not be moderated in the room. It was either 80 degrees and humid or 60 degrees and freezing. I had to have the front desk cycle the AC on and off. Guest internet is a joke! I had to use the staff's internet the entire time. They give you a $10 breakfast voucher. Other than a cup of coffee and OJ, everything else on the menu is more expensive. All told, breakfast added $15-20 to the total cost. My room faced the parking lot. The blinds do not block out much of the security lighting that they had on.

Lovely location. Friendly staff.

Enjoyed our 1 night - would return if in the area
    • Standard King Room

Bathroom is small - need to find a better way to store hair dryer, extra toilet paper, Kleenex etc. in the space.

Loved the location and dinner in restaurant

Exactly what the doctor ordered. A retreat and a special treat!
    • Queen Room

The carpeting in the public areas isn't very pretty, but it appeared clean. I think it was a little early to stop seating in the dining room at 10am, but since we were guests, we were seated anyway.

I liked the real windows. The view of the river was calming and nice. The walls are thick, so it was pretty silent. We took a walk along St.Anthony Main. It was drizzly and lovely. Overall, a stellar experience.Oh, the breakfast was excellent...I mean really excellent. The eggs were so fresh tasting and the coffee was very GOOD.

Wonderful weekend spot!!!
    • Standard King Room

The bar closed too early on Saturday night. We would have loved a quiet drink after our busy day and family wedding but the office staff was more than accommodating to set us up for our own beverages!

The building had so much character inside and outside. There were many comfortable places to sit and relax, have a beverage or read a book. The restaurant was amazing! The food fabulous! We ate both the regular breakfast and then the Sunday brunch and both had wonderful choices that were delicious. Everything was very comfortable and a good value. The location was also perfect! Lots of interesting walking with the river and parks near and St Anthony Main a short walk! Loved our weekend and would love to return!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Romantic. Elegant. Its own experience!
    • Standard King Room

The ONLY thing I would have liked to see would be a coffee pot in the room, or as the gal at the front desk said they are considering coffee stations on each floor. I am the kind of person who needs her coffee first thing after I wake up, and would rather not have to get fully dressed to go downstairs to get it. But that's it, I could not find another thing that's bad about this wonderful place.

Absolutely stunning property! A perfect marriage of old and new. The staff are incredibly friendly, attentive and professional. There's a certain elegance about this property, and it's extremely romantic. What a great setting for a wedding, or even a honeymoon! The room was very, very clean. The bathroom very clean as well. They offer Pharmacopia toiletry products which smell fantastic. There are soft, absorbent, fluffy robes, and the bedding and bed is like sleeping on a cloud. I stayed alone while visiting Minneapolis to see a close friend, and I will definitely be returning to stay again! We had dinner in the restaurant downstairs and the Filet Mignon was without a doubt the BEST filet I've ever had. Definitely worth the price. The room has plenty of drawers and storage space for your things, plus an extra blanket and pillow in the closet, along with a hair dryer and iron and ironing board. *good tip about the hair dryer since I only discovered it as I was leaving and could have used it before then! I am disabled and found the entire place to be nicely accessible. If you have a wide camber on your manual chair, or a wider power chair, this may not be the place for you. Some of the doorways are a bit tight, but they are still manageable and the doors to the rooms and the bathroom door was plenty wide. I did have to move a chair out of my way to full access the closet, but I don't find that to be a huge deal. There is room service available and their food is absolutely amazing! You can also order an in-room massage. The views are stunning, and the entire experience was definitely worth the price. It's also extremely quiet despite being on the river close to the dam and right downtown. If you're looking for a room that's not just a place to lay your head, but is also its own experience, I highly recommend The Nicollet Island Inn!!

Would have liked a fridge.
    • Queen Room

Would have liked a fridge.

I’ll be back

Peaceful with excellent food

Bed was squeaky

Peaceful setting in city area! Amazing location!

Location was great

Location was great

Location and excellent food at restaurant

Location and excellent food at restaurant

Friendly staff, excellent location, beautiful building
    • Queen Room

The time it took to serve breakfast

Friendly staff, excellent location, beautiful building

Swimming pool, individually controlled airco, and bigger...

Swimming pool, individually controlled airco, and bigger windows would have made my day

Comfortable, discreet.

Comfortable, discreet.

Great fun.
    • Standard King Room

Safe place to walk on the island.

We always enjoy our stay with you on the Island.
    • Queen Room

We always enjoy our stay with you on the Island...keep up the good work and we will see you again soon. The location is perfect!

Dissatisfied
    • Standard King Room

The bed, the thermostat, the cleanliness,the TV reception

Location was awesome!

All of it
    • Queen Room

rooms could use a small fridge

All of it beautiful hotel

For history or architecture buffs, the Nicolette Island Inn is perfect.
    • Standard King Room

The property is a well restored historic building in the most historic part of MSP.

Very satisfied

No negatives

Nicest place to stay in Minneapolis

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Staff was nice
    • Superior King Room

Beds were very uncomfortable, walls very thin, very noisy. Small bathrooms. A lot of money for very little amenities.

Staff was nice

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Country Inn Oasis in Minneapolis
    • Queen Room

Sleep Number bed with down comforters and pillows period very quiet setting in the middle of the city on an island

There are also 15 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Showing 1 – 29