Reviews of Nativo Lodge - Heritage Hotels and Resorts 3 stars

6000 Pan American Freeway NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109, USA

#59 of 123 hotels in Albuquerque

• Traditional King Room

Check in was at 3pm couldn’t check in until almost 7pm. Hard to find a parking. I stayed up all night because of loud neighbor, front desk notified but it didn’t change. The carpet was soaked in big spots I had to wear sandals. Had to ask for TP and towels. Room wasn’t really too clean, trash under the bed. Elevator had a mind of its own. The room was hot and stuffy, something may have been wrong with AC. No other rooms available to switch. Wasn’t too happy with stay

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Jason ro wait 20-25 minutes for check in with no person behind counter. No housekeeping was done while we were out for the day. No darkening curtains in the room. Hot water went off and on during shower.

• Traditional Double Room

Check in time is a 3pm and we had booked a room with 2 double beds. When we got there they told us rooms were not ready and it would be an hour wait for our rooms. Instead they gave us a king size and pull out bed. The hot tub had alot of dirt in it and was not working.

The location and the view from the room was awsome. The beds were comfy. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Traditional Double Room

Check was at 3:00 they didn't have a room for myself and a few others ready until 7:30. The room wasn't as nice as I thought. The property seems a little out of date. Needs some work on the interior as well as the pool.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We booked a room with balcony with Mountain View. Our view was a tree and there was so much bird poop on balcony, it was too gross to go out there.

Location was good, close to freeway.

• Traditional Double Room

Bathroom to small. It was hot in the rest of the hotel. We have been there twice before in the last 15 years. Starting to look old and outdated. Use to have music and a great ambiance, but it didn't this time. Stayed last year at the Heritage in Santa Fe. It is a much nicer place.

Size of the room was fine. Air conditioner worked fine in our room. Kids liked the pool & hot tub. Location.

• Traditional Double Room

Needed more pillows. Microwave and fridge would have made room excellent

Walls were thick. Crying baby in next room could only be heard when door to hall was open. Couldn't hear interstate. Very comfy bed. Balcony enjoyable.

• Traditional Double Room

There was not a continental breakfast provided, the hot tub was broken. The room was over priced. I could have gotten a better deal and nicer place if I would went to the comfort inn.

The bed was comfortable.

• Traditional King Room

Did not have restaurant onsite at this time. Front side room I had was so noisy. Sirens sounded like they were in the room with you. Walls were thin. People with screaming kids and slamming doors were horrible at 11 pm at night. TV next door was loud and coming through walls. Leaked water at window. Moved to another room and the A/C did not really cool. Curtains were not closing.

Mid range in expectations. Pretty property. Staff is excellent. Location is fantastic. Clean rooms.

• Traditional Double Room

The restaurant was closed due to being under remodel and we had noisy marijuana smoking neighbors in the roon next to us.

The property was very beautiful and loved the Native American design and decor throughout. This is what attracted me to the property. When we arrived it was even more breathtaking! Really liked the ability to simlpy text the frontdesk and the staff person Sandra was so awesome with almost instantaneous replies. Thanks.

The suite we reserved had a major leak above the bathroom, but we got an upgrade to a beautiful artisan room. The bar closed early and all other activities were unavailable due to renovations.

Location. Balconies. Beautiful decor in lobby. The artisan room was awesome.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I contacted the hotel, requesting an early check in, and was told to come along. On arrival, I was told that I was too early but, 'they would do their best'. For four hours, I sat there, hearing the receptionist say the same thing to everyone else that turned up or called. Passed the check in time, check in opened and everyone that was waiting was essentially ignored, and whoever walked in the door was checked in first. I raised it at the time, (with the supervisor), and was told that they would look into it. When I originally booked, there was breakfast and a gym; when we arrived, I was told with a shrug that the kitchen was closed and they'd got rid of the gym. (They are going to build a bar there -"at some point". The windows face the afternoon/evening sun, making the room like a sauna. The curtains are NOT blackout. As the sun shines in, the fixed temp aircon cannot keep up, making the room all but uninhabitable from 3pm - 8pm.

Nothing makes up for the deficiencies.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Room should have been vacuumed a bit better. Wish pool and hot tub would me open much late, was disappointed to get back from dinner at 8:30 to find it closed at 9:00.

Front counter staff were amazing. Customer service and friendliness top notch!

• Traditional Double Room

The drainage of the bathroom bathtub, sluggish drainage. I know this facility is an older establishment, but while I was taking a shower the bathtub was filling. I had to shorten my shower because of the drainage.

The location of this property and the professionalism of the staff. This property now has a vendor truck which will open a restaurant June 2018. This is a big plus for my wife and myself. I tried the food and it is very good. They will also serve breakfast which my wife love.

See notes above.

Accessing the hotel was easy, hotel was clean and comfortable. I was disappointed there was no room service or restaurant. Finding the ice machine was not convenient and was at the far end of the hotel !! We have stayed here several times before and will stay again.

• Traditional King Room

Lack of maintance, cleanliness, lack of cleaning staff. No restaurant, bar lounge only open on weekend .

Location. The staff available was very friendly even though the hotel was very under staffed.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Hard working skeleton staff that couldn't keep up with housekeeping, bartending or wifi issues. This could be a really nice property but it seems management has decided to cut corners with staffing. The location is convenient but not well maintained. A bit lack luster in appearance and cleanliness. The beds have a hammock-like quality and the sinks don't drain. We were in the king suite with mountain view and still found things a bit disheveled. The restaurant was closed and bar wasn't open on one of the weekend nights because the bartender just didn't show up. Generally a disappointment but the location was convenient and the price was fairly cheap...as it should be.

I can't remember his name exactly but the man at the front desk (Armiel?) was the best thing about this property. In the face of no support staff, a bartender that never showed up and customers lining up to be served, he remained gracious, up beat and helpful. He was so positive and on his game it made all the other inconveniences almost worth the it. He should be promoted, because whoever was managing the hotel was definitely not on top of things.

• Traditional Double Room

That the advertisement on the internet wasn't what it said it had. Like the fitness center n sauna and noticed that the house keeping was understaff. I didn't check in until 9 pm instead of 3...and because of the understaff in housekeeping my room wasn't vacuum and u had crickets in my room. Needed more towels in the room since I had two extra guest with me. It was birthday weekend n I just wanted everything I like to do in one place but the front desk was very helpful.

The staff was very helpful and understanding.

• Traditional King Room

On Friday morning stopped by to request an upgrade to the Artisan Rooms and it was approved, when arrived back to hotel at 8 pm was advised that the room was not cleaned and would have to either settle for another room or go somewhere else. Three customers in front of us were told to go to another hotel due to housekeeping staff failed to show up and clean the rooms.

The bar staff was friendly and the food truck outside was delicious.

• Traditional Double Room

When we checked in at 10:00 at night they had a line out the door. It took us over an hour to check in because they still didn’t have rooms cleaned. No manager available on site and very short staffed. AC in room did not work well and was loud.

Location was great

No food at all. Since, that is the case, if they had at least a small fridge and microwave, we could have warmed leftovers for breakfast and snacks. A spider and a cricket in the bathroom. Air conditioner works but is so noisy. Got used to it the 2nd night. Walls very thin and could hear noisy kids next door. They might consider putting families in a certain section.

Bed and pillows very comfortable. Shower good and room clean. Convenient to restaurants close by and within walking distance.

The Hotel is not staffed at the right level also the front desk deals with phone calls instead of the guest in-line. The rooms where not clean saw a lot of dirt. No breakfast at the hotel the restaurant is closed

The parking and location to walk to places to eat.

• Traditional Double Room

Honestly I’d be picking with chickens here but the huge gap under the main door let in a lot of noise and light from the hall. That’s it.

Atmosphere was very welcoming. Brought back growing up in Albuquerque heritage

• Traditional Double Room

The employees didn’t understand what I was saying an I requested for things to be sent to the room but didn’t arrive until 30 to 45 minutes later.

The lobby area was relaxing an quiet.

• Traditional Double Room

I’m looking forward to the carpet is being replaced soon. And it looked like the pool area was going to be renovated next which it needed. But we love swimming and being in the hot tub.

The beds were incredibly comfortable, with clean white sheets. We love staying in the artist room when we came back a couple days later. It seems the facility is under renovation and I expect there will be more improvements. We had a great stay!

• Traditional King Room

I was over charged from the reservation amount they didn't let me know that extra 50 is added at check in and it was to late to find another place to stay what a scam

• Traditional Double Room

The staff was very friendly, location was very good, bed was comfortable, price for 3 nights was great! If I had to stay stay somewhere in Albuquerque it would be here!

• Traditional King Room

The hotel could use a bit of updating and cleanliness as far as the lobby is concerned. Cushions looked old and worn out and dirty. Pool area was not clean at all. There was no restaurant in the hotel, which was a drag! There was no convenient store or gift shop in the hotel, which was a real drag!

We liked the convenience of having it close to everything and star bucks being so close! That was a major plus and the views from the balcony looking out to the mountains was great!

• Traditional King Room

We paid over $100 to stay there we couldn't get breakfast we asked to warm up a coffee they wanted to charge us $10 to use a microwave it was not worth staying there

• Traditional Double Room

NO hot water on first nite in. HAD to move to another room with nasty looking chairs and room very dusty. LEAK IN BATHROOM which I reported and not fixed.

no food available had to eat out all meals.

• Traditional King Room

I didn't like that there is no fridge or microwave in the rooms. I've been in hotels where I've paid the same price and sometimes less, and the amenities where there.

• Traditional King Room

Our room was facing the east. Sun came up & there isn’t curtains with heat resistant, so there was no cooling down our room for the early/late morning.

It was nice & clean

• Traditional King Room

Disappointed that the restaurant was not open and that the ice machine was on the second floor at the opposite end of the motel. would like ice on every floor

The bed was comfortable after staying at a motel in Santa Fe that had a concrete slab for a bed or at least it felt like it.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

It was a little loud and echoey, we could hear the neighbors and a lot of kids yelling. There was also a lot of kids swimming at the pool so we didn’t really enjoy the time in the pool. Also, there was always water on the floor after we showered, didn’t particularly like that. But the good things far outweigh the negatives

I loved the room!! We got the King Deluxe room. The bed was very comfortable! There was a keurig in the room for coffee and tea, a fridge, and a microwave! Loved it!

• Traditional King Room

My room smelled like paint, there were holes in the bathroom door where a hook use to be. There wasn't sufficient lighting in the room, only three lamps. There was no refrigerator. There was no option for breakfast. I would not recommend this hotel.

The bed was comfortable

• Traditional King Room

Restaurant was closed and not notated on their website. Room was terrible.

Something wrong with room. A friend & I started itching real bad there were no more rooms. We checked out to another hotel which was 100% better for $20 more. Forget this place!

• Traditional Double Room

We have stayed with Nativo several times. So this time it was my husband birthday and the first time using Booking.com. However I was very disappointed I think we got the cheapest, ugly room because we booked thru another company. Booking direct with Nativo I believe you will receive the best rooms of the property.

I liked that we got a great view.

• Traditional King Room

The shower was too difficult to operate. There is no airport shuttle and restaurant facilities

Depends who was at reception. The bar lady was amazing. Made the best margarita. The receptionist Yvonne was awesome so friendly and welcoming

everything about hotel was good the staff was friendly the room was nice and clean the shower water pressure was great. the pool was nice and warm. a nice place to stay.

• Traditional Double Room

The kitchen was unavailable, so no breakfast was provided, I was not made aware of this at the time of booking or check in. Inclusion of breakfast in a booking is an important factor in helping me decide to stay somewhere. A food truck was outside but at a cost.

• Traditional Double Room

No complaints. Did not use bath or minibar. Breakfast on site would be nice, but very good breakfast was less than half block away.

A short walk gave us several quite good eating choices. Southwestern decor was interesting, if a bit dark. No complaints at all.

• Traditional King Room

Bring located where it was you could hear all of the loud cars traveling up I-25. No breakfast

The staff was helpful and friendly, the native american decor and artwork was great. The location was in a good area surrounded by places to eat. The bar area was nice. Good value

• Traditional Double Room

This place is more for conferences and big events. Not great for individual or family stay. The restaurant was closed on Friday night.

Pool and hot tub was wonderful

• Traditional King Room

Our room was run down. Remote was not in the room. They brought us one and it was cracked. Turned the tv on an off, would not allow us to control sound. Staff had an office across from our room, they were conducting bussiness with door open. Which woke us. Old run down furniture in the room.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Booking. Com quoted me a price of $88 and when I arrived I was charged $150. I had used a Lyft ride there and was compelled to pay the $60 difference. Very disappointed and felt mislead.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I always stay at the Nativo when I’m in town. I love the balcony, cleanliness, and the friendly staff. And, my large dog 🐕 was very happy as well. 👍😊

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

There are parts of the hotel that could use refurbishment, and during our stay the restaurant was actually closed for upgrades. There was a great deal of construction going on just beyond the property, and it got rather loud at night (I guess they are doing road repairs in the evening rather than during the day). Not really something the hotel has control over.

The overall experience was quite wonderful. The room was very large and comfortable. Staff was exceedingly helpful and friendly.

• Traditional King Room

Waited for 20 minutes to check-in because no one was at front desk. No staff during check-out either, so left keys at front desk. Rooms looked and felt outdated. No restaurant so no breakfast. Lobby was dark / very dimly lit.

Good location by the highway. Clean rooms. Working (though slow) elevator.

• Traditional King Room

There were faces on the wall, staring at us. I'm sorry, but I don't want a little girl peaking out above the headboard - it really ruins the mood... No fridge/micro combo. The restaurant wasn't working, so the lack of any in-hotel meal option was a disappointment. The door that led to the patio didn't close all the way. There was probably a 2mm gap between the door and the frame so we could hear the cars on the freeway all the time. The furniture was really outdated. The ice machine was on the opposite side of the building - which we had to frequent seeing as there was no refrigerator. If you and your neighbor wanted to shower at the same time, good luck getting hot water. The pool was indoor/outdoor, but it was too cold to swim..The place seemed like it had a lot of potential to be nice, but it was hardly even mediocre. We will never stay there again.

The bed was comfortable and the toiletries were nice.

All was well there.

It was a pleasant stay. A quiet hotel near the freeway. Bishop helped me check in at the front desk and was really nice. Checking out in the morning Jordan was also very nice. The pool guys and the other staff were friendly. Loved the Jacuzzi :)

• Traditional King Room

No breakfast available as the restaurant recently closed.

The price was competitive.although off the main east/west interstate. The bed was very comfortable after hours front desk helpful. A bit dated, but quite clean. Large property.

• Traditional King Room

Luggage trolleys rickety have seen better days: very difficult to manoever due to 2 sets of doors not being automatic. 1 lamp in room didn't work. Instructions for use of shower would have been beneficial. Air on unit very noisy but room would have been too warm without it.?

• Traditional King Room

Poor water pressure in bathroom sink. Thread bare sofa chair, burn marks in rug, tired interior, no restaurant, hot tub green and murky, poor lighting, pool furniture broken.

• Traditional King Room

Dirty linen in front of my door that I had to walk over! Girl at front desk was rude. No fridge or microwaves in room. The sheets did not fit the beds at all! Totally unacceptable! Was told it was a nice place but looks are deceiving!

Nothing was good about this at all!

• Traditional Double Room

The Restaurant is closed for good Our room was not ready for over 3 hours after check in we had to wait until almost 7:30 at night for our room to be cleaned one day The nooks and cranny is of the room were disgusting

The beds are comfortable

• Traditional Double Room

Again the room was dirty not vacuumed the hot tub was not working

The hotel was very nice the staff was very nice the rooms were dirty not vacuumed the hot tub was not working and that's the main reason we went

• Traditional Double Room

The heat/cooling unit in our room didn’t work, but we just left our sliding glass door open for a bit and it cooled our room down.

Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. Our first room assigned to us hadn’t been cleaned and they quickly upgraded us to a new room. The indoor/outdoor combo pool was clean and a huge hit with my kids!

• Traditional King Room

Hideous and distasteful paintings all over the walls and ceiling, very poor choice in color and design... Almost felt like you were in a 4 year olds room - rather disappointing...

The beds are super comfy, everything was great except for the room motif... There were tacky characters painted all over the wall very distracting and detracted from the comfort level... The ambiance would have been much more relaxing if it weren't for the hideous creatures and color scheme choice... The staff was extremely helpful, accommodating, and friendly though!

• Traditional King Room

The property needs some updates but nothing major. The pool area had some rough spots but besides that it was good.

This place was very cozy and inviting. The indoor pool and hot tub are nice especially for families after a long day on the road. Great atmosphere, pet friendly, and overall a great experience.

• Traditional Double Room

Bed was a little uncomfortable and not enough room for 2 beds... crowded! I would like to stay again sometime. It would of really been nice to have a a place to eat there....

Very nice place!!!!

• Traditional Double Room

Room was a little small and needed some minor maintenance (heater door was broken, drape was torn at top, TV reception on a major station was poor).

Great views of the mountains and a balcony outside the room. Nice art work.

• Traditional Double Room

although the hot tub was inside the building it still had a pile of dirt on bottom, the beds in the room were a little on the hard side which lead to a lot of tossing and turning. There was no fridge or microwave in room. The shower was hard to get the temperature right only one knob to far left too cold to far right too hot.

The art décor inside of hotel was very unique and neat looking with a native American theme. I liked that the pool and hot tub was inside of building, especially for cold nights. The hotel has a small bar located down stairs, there was free wifi. The hotel was in a perfect location off of freeway and plenty of eating all around San Mateo. My family and I felt safe in hotel which is a bonus, there was security onsite and didn't see any unwanted people around area.

• Traditional Double Room

We stopped by at 1:30pm, although check in is at 3pm. (It doesn't hurt to ask). We came back about 5-ish. 4th floor was available, I checked mark 1st floor, close to pool upon booking. Front desk said 1st floor room not avail now, it'd be 30 mins. We agreed, they called us at 6pm, checked in til 6:20pm. I was not offered a discount, had to ask for it which i hated. The pool water was cold, hot tub motor died. no frig, no microwave in rooms. close to I-25, if your a light sleeper, traffic can be heard. no restaurant on hotel premises, no continental breakfast included.

the beds were good. There was a pool and hot tub (see didn't like comment box).

• Traditional King Room

Pool was green. Hot tub was cold our first night. I got bit by something and it gets worse day by day. I called no help there not a fallow up. My bf also was bit up. Pool was filthy there was branches in the pool its sad my bf played lets clean the pool game there. We had switch rooms and both rooms were different our first room I had ask for soap our second room was poorly cleaned and on our hair drier had yellow stuff on it all I did take a towel and swiped it and the yellow stuff came off. Tolet wasn't cleaned.bed had stains. One room had a comforter and the other just had sheets.false advertisement had buy food else where only reason we pick there it said it had a restaurant and morning breakfast even in servey it said how was your breakfast there was none. I'm never going back only thing I will miss there is the staff nothing else.

The employee very nice and talkative witch I loved

• Traditional King Room

I really, really wish they had weekend breakfast or brunch options. Having to leave hotel for Sunday brunch is a drag but minor imposition overall.

Cleanliness exceeds the finest 5 star hotels I’ve stayed in elsewhere. The location is perfect for being able to pop off freeway and not have to navigate thru a city. The decor has sold me on how tasteful one can decorate with Southwest motif.

• Traditional King Room

only one complaint the room was cold when we arrived and maybe an extra blanket in the room should be considered other than that i loved it and enjoyed my stay.

Very comfortable bed. The staff was very welcoming.

• Traditional King Room

No Breakfast but lots of good options in old town There is a pool And hot tub but no signs so we missed out Far more to like here than a few negatives

Helpful staff from randy on front desk to james The bartender better than any guide book For restaurant and site seeing advice Room is great decorated with original native art Wonderful ambiance a world away from The dreary chain hotels excellent beds Fifth floor was very quiet Lobby looked like it could have been used in the longmire series The happy hour bar was great especially after a day of hiking Met some interesting fellow travellers more interested in learning about the native culture Than drinking! Much like a Scottish pub My wife was very happy as well We would return without hesitation

• Traditional Double Room

The room felt uncomfortable, the acrylic smell of the paint was too strong for my son, felt like we paid a lot of money to a "resort" knockoff. Beds were too small. The gentleman said I was getting 2 full queen sizes beds instead we got two twin beds.

Starbucks was right next door.

• Traditional Double Room

No continental breakfast, no restaurant. The lodge has really run down, tears in carpet in halls and in room. Could be a lot better if it was taken care of, what a shame to let such a lovely lodge go to pot!

it was close to where we needed to be.

• Traditional Double Room

That we couldn't use our discount the manager told us previously we could use for this stay. We weren't notified it could not be used through booking. Com

We got our room with the heater not working but then they gave us another room with a heater working and a comfy room.

• Traditional Double Room

My daughter was bitten by some unknown insects and ended up with 3 giant welts on her head, and another on her hip. While staff offered to move our room, it was the last night and moving all of my grandson’s baby stuff was hard to manage as we were out sightseeing all day. Might have been better to simply offer us a compensation on the price.

The location is conveneient.

• Traditional Double Room

The hot tub smelled like fish, one of the beds in our room the sheets were dirty when opened up. We went there to swim for my daughters birthday and there was a family who rented a room and then invited their whole family there to swim for a birthday which made the pool very crowded. The front desk said there was no limit at the time as to how many people could go swim per room, but would change that in the future?? The purpose of our stay was awful because of this. Lastly all you heard was loud vehicles driving which sounded like cars racing all night while you were trying to sleep.

The beds were comfortable.

• Traditional King Room

The luggage carts were never around!

Pups were allowed in all areas (other than the restaurant) and people were just as friendly as ever about it. My tripaw loves to run in the carpeted halls (hard woods are hard for traction) and he went up and down the halls just as happy as could be. The security guard even helped carry my bag in. Thanks Tony! The drinks during happy hour were well made. Try the cherry limeade. It was great! The room clean and large, so comfy we spent a night in watching a show on TV. The parking was secure and we even left our travel holder on the top of our car. The bottom floor is usually arranged for for those with pets, but was full, even though requested. They made it right by not charging a pet fee and giving us floor two. The art on the walls is fantastic and feels just like you would want a warm home in Alberquerque to feel.

• Traditional King Room

Due to the holiday, the chef was unable to come to work by bus and we had to get take-out from one of the many nearby restaurants. We do not blame anyone or were unhappy at this situation.

• Traditional King Room

They need a vinyl plastic divider between the indoor n outdoor pool wall. all the cold air was coming into the indoor pool area.

bed was comfy. slept good.

Browse Nativo Lodge - Heritage Hotels and Resorts traveller photo gallery