Reviews of Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Neptune Beach - Mayport 2 stars

1401 Atlantic Blvd, Neptune Beach, FL 32266, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Neptune Beach

6.2

• Standard King Bed Non-Smoking

The staff is unfriendly, unprofessional and lazy! The hotel had some bugs, the sheets was dirty... I asked to change it and the housekeeper who cleaned my bedroom said that I should ask in advance. I said that the sheets was sandy. She didn’t apologize, someone else came and changed the bed. They changed the bed as doing me a favor. The housekeeper overall work was disgusting! Look to the housekkers work on photos! She doesn’t clean anything. I attached photos of the hotel after housekeeping work. They don’t even know how to do a bed! I was counting the minutes to come back home. I would be better spend two hundred dollars more and stay in another place that is more clean, organized and has responsive and efifient staff. I hated Red Roof experience. Even if you don’t look for value to your noney... do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else!

I hated everything! This was the most unpleasant experience of my life! Don’t come here!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Elevators would have been nice as an option to stairs. Also after the first night I had to go to the front desk for more towels. There were three in my travel party and the cleaning staff didn’t leave enough towels. The floors were not cleaned daily and my room was not attended to my last full day. Also, second to the last day of my stay a dirty wash cloth was hung with what I hope were new towels. I say I hope we’re new towels due to a towel from that mornings showers was still hanging over one of the chairs in my room.

I liked how close it was to where my family lived and there were plenty of things to see that were close. The beaches were also close. The staff that I had contact with were all helpful and friendly

Room 113 we first had . Walked in it was never cleaned from the nite befor. Went to front desk told my problem.the room was switched.i had booked 3 rooms for 2nites. Reservations I had!! Could not figure out why rooms wasn't checked befor room service clocked out that day..

Other rooms were clean . Peaceful , pet friendly.

• Standard King Bed Non-Smoking

Kind of funky. Could have been cleaner or updated.

The HVac struggled. The floor was weird...part carpet part wood. The breakfast room was small. Amanda at the front desk was awesome...freindly, professional and welcoming. She was the best part of the experience

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When you wanted room service, it wasn't provided completely. There was no elevator. I was injured and had to carry my bags up to second floor.

The beds in the upgraded rooms were comfortable.

• Standard King Bed Non-Smoking

This place is okay for one or two nights but not for extended stays. It lacks basic things you would expect for 130.00 per night. Kleenex boxes, hair dryers, refrigerator and microwave. Although the staff was very nice the bathrooms were subpar in cleanliness. Also the windows did not open at all. No fresh air.

The pool was it's saving grace and the beds were comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Basic inn but of fair value for location near the beach

Staff was extremely friendly and went out of their way to be helpful and provide the best service

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty shower curtain, dirty towels hair and stains on them. Dirty room floor and ice bucket in room was dusty and had hair on it.

Location, very friendly staff and clean pool

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room wasn’t cleaned and beds weren’t made most days. Endless problems getting into the room except for one day when the cleaner hadn’t closed the door. Have stayed before before the change of owners and in my option it was better as a DAYS INN. We have stayed twice before but not again. It was twice the price this year and not worth it.

The location was ideal for the golf.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We stayed at three different redroofs on this vacation and the other two microwave and fridge were included in the rooms at neptune beach it was extra

Very close to the beach , pet friendly ,

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff. Acted as though my questions about discounts or directions to the rooms were interfering with her break time. Won't be coming back.

Breakfast was not even started at 6:30 am. Pillows super fluffy. Price increase without any discounts offered...will find better value next Jacksonville visit.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathtub is ancient. No fruit, juice machine broken, no plates for waffles.screaming neighbor at 6am. Back door by ice machine has no working lock.

New flooring is great. Nice beige towels, easy check in and out.

• Standard King Bed Non-Smoking

My door would stick and didn't seem to close as securely as I would have liked.

Connie (I believe) was very friendly at check-in. I really liked that there was no carpet in the room, just bedside rugs.

Short staffed, room cleaned late, but I understand they were extremely busy. Very noisy air conditioner and water did not get very hot in shower. Breakfast that was included was not very good.

Clean room. Good location. The front check in was friendly and helpful. I liked her.

• Standard King Bed Non-Smoking

The property itself was ok, but the staff was very unprofessional and I only stayed 6 hrs instead of 2 days. The start of my trip was awful due to having to deal with incompetent people.

Close to beaches

• Standard King Bed Non-Smoking

The front desk staff acted like we ruined her day at check in. She was extremely rude. She didn't tell us about anything. Never asked them for anything after check in.

The bed was very comfortable.

See above

Everything was great with the exception of the noise the second day of our stay. Kids were partying in the hallways till 1 am. Also there were no near dog walking areas.

• Standard King Bed Non-Smoking

The bathroom was so small, the door almost hit the toilet when you opened it. Guests do not have access to the balcony doors off their rooms, they have been bolted shut. It was also quite a hike back to our room from the lobby, the hallways are super long.

Breakfast was pretty good, definitely just the basics though. The bed was comfortable!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had to switch rooms 3 times. The rooms were not cleaned properly. Stains on shower base.When I finally got into the room a cockroach crawls across the dresser. Then when I woke up to put my clothes away there was someone's clothes in the drawer. Our other guest that came with us received a 20% discount on there entire stay. I also asked about the military discount of 15% and was refused because I used booking.com website. Very disappointed. When I checked out i questioned it all because my guest was told we both were getting the 20% discount for the entire stay. Our room #253 and #255. None of the backside entrances had key use access. In otherwords the keys card did not work.

The pillows and TV.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hardly any bath towels and none large enough to be used after a shower. Speaking of the shower, it was full of mold. Bathroom had wet rags left in the tub and sink. Pipe under sink was leaking badly. Found long hairs on the bed sheets and many sticky surfaces on the bedside table. Overall, my room was gross. Didn't even want to kick my shoes off here - dirty room made my stay a terrible experience.

Good breakfast, great location - unfortunately the rooms are filthy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Filthy, dirty sheets, dirty blanket, dirty ice bucket. No telling what germs/ dirt weren't visible to the naked eye. Health depart needs notification

Not one thing

• King Room - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

The breakfast food was horrible. No eggs, nothing but waffles and disgusting biscuits and gravy. A very tiny serving area, and nearly impossible to even get to it. Bathtub had black stains in it and the bath vent was painted shut and would not work. Obviously and old motel needing a serious upgrade! I was also surprised that they wanted my room cards back and they only wanted to give me on key card for two people coming and going at different times! I had to insist strongly to get the second key! TotAl low budget dump! STAY AWAY!

Nothing I can think of

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were not comfortable, and there was no microwave and mini refrigerator like most properties have. It appears that the switch from a Days Inn property to a Red Roof Inn property made it less desirable. The cleaning staff person I interacted with was not very helpful.

The location was close to the beach, and places to eat.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we arrived our room wasn’t ready as promised, we drove 5.5 hours with small children and had to wait almost 3 more hours before we could even check in , Extremely Frustrating. The beds weren’t very comfortable and the staff was not concerned.

It was close to most things

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toilet was broke the door latches did not work they didn't have no juice for the free breakfast the coffee maker in the room was broke the tub was dirty didn't have enough towels and wash Rags none of the lamps worked there where 3 and only 1 light worked in the hotel room..Also the electric sockets did not work .. Very unpleasant..

The location was the only good thing .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking was fine the few days before Easter that we were there April 2018, but starting the Monday after Easter & parking became hard bc the hotel decided to start renovating the parking lot! Yes it will help make the hotel appear nice & the remodeled rooms are very nice, but my suggestion is that they should have waiting until after spring break week. If we came in after 10pm we’d have a hard time finding an available parking space.

My wife & daughter stayed & will write this review! The remodeled rooms are very clean, crisp sheets & nice wood look tile floors. We lived the remodeled look! The staff especially our room keeper Monica. She was so polite & never let us run low on items in our room. The continental breakfast was good! We liked that the inside AC unit made a loud sound that drowned out the hall traffic & noices. The pool was very nice. We were offered the ground floor so we took it! So no stairs to climb with luggage is a plus!

• Standard King Bed Non-Smoking

The linens, could have been nicer quality, need box tissues , another waste basket in the room The bed spread was soiled, needed to be changed. floors should have been cleaner.

• King Room with Roll-in Shower - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

No microwave or fridge in room, would have to pay extra for upgrade, not mention in ad when room was booked, infact those items mentioned as included, disappointed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

that the bar closes at 2am but it's okay I can not ask for much I'm usually live in queen new york life is different here but there's no complaint.

Beautiful place , nice people close to the beach, nice restaurant. Everything just fine love it

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The lack of balconies. I'm a smoker and it would have been nice to have a balcony to smoke on. I also would've liked to have had towels accessible at the pool. It was easy to forget to get them before going to the pool.

That it was pet friendly. That the pool was open fall year round. My kids really enjoyed the room and TV selection.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was very hard bringing in our luggage. I had my elderly parents with me and I had to carry our belongings upstairs and a long hallway

The location was great. Close to great food shopping and the beach. Price point was very good

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Even though we had a non-smoking room, our hotel room always stunk like cigarette smoke. There was a roach in our room, hair on our ‘clean’ towels and sheets, stains on the sheets, and the hallways were dark and run down. Our car also got hit in the parking lot.

The beds were comfy and the pool was very relaxing.

• Standard King Bed Non-Smoking

The guests look like they are on drugs. You can hear all the comings and goings of the adjacent rooms. My husband called the front desk to report that lights were not working and they were never fixed. The place appeared unsafe to stay.

The bed is comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

One of the hotel staff vas really angry when I exceeded checkout time by 30 minuttes. Luckily the nice girl in the front desk helped out in the end.

The young girl in the front desk made my whole stay fantastic! 😊

• Standard King Bed Non-Smoking

Some other guests were not all that friendly, but it's really a very minor issue.

The location was great, about a twenty minute walk to the Neptune beach and bars. Reasonable rates, parking, and decent climate control made for a comfortable stay. Don't expect amenities like a refrigerator, or hotel bar. However there are ice machines nearby. For the money, this is a really good place to stay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You could hear the people in the rooms on the side of you and on the top floor. When I was in the shower I could hear people talking as if they were in the room with me.

The bed was comfortable. The staff was nice and helpful.

• Standard King Bed Non-Smoking

AC made an annoying noise. Room door had large gap on bottom to hallway. Bathroom was not cleaned properly prior to arrival. We were promised a room with fridge and microwave and they gave it away to someone else. Breakfast hours are to early from 630-930 should make it to 1030.

Coleen and staff at front desk were very nice, Breakfast was simple but decent. A bit crowded in space. Waffle machine takes long and they need to have two to speed up the wait. Nice TV and cable service. Bathroom shower/tub & sink were nice and King bed was very comfortable.

• Standard King Bed Non-Smoking

The bathroom was dirty, shower had hair in it, dirty towel on the floor in the room upon arrival, no coffee pot, no microwave, no fridge, and no keys! I couldn't even come and go as I pleased! Every time we wanted to get in our room we had to go to the front desk and wait for him to check people in, take them to their room, and take whom ever was waiting before us to their room as no one had keys to their room! Ridiculous!!!!

The mattress and box spring were brand new, and the bedding was clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Key cards didn't work at the time, had to be escorted to room by staff. Half of the power outlets in the room didn't work.

Large, clean room. Comfortable beds. Close enough to beach.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

There was a smell in the room the whole time we were there. Most staff was very nice, but unfortunately I received the mean one. Room was not cleaned after our first night there. Breakfast was frozen sandwiches to cook in a microwave.

Was able to check in early. Clean comfortable beds

• Standard King Bed Non-Smoking

The breakfast is not as great as when if was still Comfort Inn. I really like the hot food (omelets, etc.) and now it's heat and eat frozen breakfast burrito's, cereal, and danish assortments. The breakfast they had before really set them apart.

The beds are extremely comfortable. The location is perfect for getting to the beach without paying a small fortune. Everything is within walking distance or five minute car ride. The renovations have made the rooms nicer, seems more roomy. The staff is always helpful. From the desk to the cleaning crew.

• King Room - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

Not being able to get in ur room had to walk to front desk for them to let u in not cool.they key machine was down so we had no key for our stay

The room was kinda clean until I notice foot stains on the pillows didn't even sleep in that bed no room key until we was departed from the room .

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Maintenance Man- HORRIBLE! Our toilet emitted a powerful sewer odor. I told the morning desk clerk, who called maintenance. He arrived within minutes, and told me there couldn’t be an odor, because the toilets/pipes were designed to not allow odor. But he agreed to plunge it anyway. The odor remained, if not increased.

Front desk evening clerk nice, helpful. Breakfast sandwiches better than most RRI.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The door keys did not work as attended. One would open door to the hotel. But not the room. the other key would open thee the room but not the hotel. No elevator. The room had a balcony that you could not access.

Room was clean and the location is close to the beach.

• Standard King Bed Non-Smoking

Renovation to the pool and hot tub not started yet.

Obvious upgrading to the property is in progress. That is encouraging. It is close to everything I need

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

only 2nd floor rooms were available as 1st floor was being remodeled. It was difficult going up stairs as seniors, and with our dog and luggage. (would recommend getting elevators) rooms had no coffee makers and room 229 had no blow dryer. Rooms only had 1 small trashcan (needed 1 in bath also) only minor maintenance issues with A/C in room 205 not cooling properly and problem with entrance doors not shutting easy.

Customer service staff very pleasant during this confusing hotel remodeling. We had booked a room with fridge and micro. but none were left when we arrived. They had a room available the next morning, and we moved over to that room. Also glad they accepted pets.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the room did not have a blow dryer a safe a fridge no coffee in the room ......... But mainly the floors are not being cleaned

The staff was wonderful ....the ladies cleaning the room did a good job but they need to clean the floors they were filthy

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

Nothing really because there was no microwave or refrigerator in the room. Couldn't open the balcony door. Buidling had construction going on so barely slept in on Saturday with the machines outside. Will not stay here again.

What was there to like the bed.

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

24/7 coffee always out. Tell desk and they give attitude. Breakfast 6:30 - 9:30. Nothing available. Desk gives attitude and says we ran out yesterday. Desk says breakfast not my job. Desk frequently cops attitude. Very poor

Large, comfortable room.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we booked it was days inn, received a phone call to say now red roof inn, only change of name. No microwave, fridge, safe, coffee machine. Refurbishment still going on. Wifi not good in room, but ok in reception area.

Comfy beds

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We arrived to the hotel around 7pm. Upon getting there we had to wait twenty minutes for someone to even come to the counter to help us check in. I am on crutches due to a knee injury. Unknown to us before we got there, the hotel was doing renovations on the first floor, so the only rooms available were the second floor. I couldn’t cancel the reservation without $100.00 charge, so we requested a room as close to the stairs as possible. Instead, we were given a room at the far end of the hotel, with the only usable staircase being at the lobby. Was not accommodating at all

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel is under renovation, so we understood that some amenities would not be available. However, the wireless internet should be upgraded: the signal was weak. Many of the channels on cable TV had poor reception.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. This is why we returned, even though the hotel itself is not that great.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The biggest thing wrong with this hotel is there's no internet! at least not in the rooms. Not sure what the problem was but couldn't check email...and took pages forever to load...throbber just kept spinning. Gotta figure out why internet signal so bad. I want to use internet in my room..not in the lobby.

rooms are clean and new...mattress is super comfy.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is in transition right now, lots of construction which created a good bit of noise and also not very clean. I say this to say that it is very understandable due to the renovation. We will definitely try again after the grand re-opening and I expect things to be a lot nicer.

I absolutely love the staff here. We have stayed several times at the property and they couldn't be nicer and more helpful from the ones at the desk to the ladies serving breakfast.

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

On arrival, the gal at the front desk was outside smoking - after barely greeting me. she answered the phone and never spoke to me again. The carpets throughout the property were filthy. There was mold on the walls and ceiling and the "white" tub was very gray.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelt like mold. There was a hole in the wall. There was actually blood splatter on the wall near the hole in the wall. The tv had a huge gash in it. The carpets in the room were stained along with all the carpet down the hallway.The hair dryer kept falling off the wall.As we were leaving we saw a kid with the cleaning cart cleaning one of the rooms. We are not happy with that place.

Just the location.

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

This is by far the worst inn I have ever stayed at. It is roach infested. The carpet has large stains all over and wreaks of mold and mildew in the rooms and corridors. the pool was closed and looked condemned. The TV's did not even have cable and the bed was horrible.

Nothing. The motel is a dump.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room. Very old and dirty. Carpet was disgusting. The fridge was missing pieces/racks. The ceiling was stained. We walls were patched. Very dated.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The first room I was given was filthy-dead bugs in the window...strong smell of mold and mildew...curtains falling off the window..disgusting. I asked to be moved to another room. It was unacceptable that anyone be expected to stay in a room with such unhealthy conditions. The room I was moved to although it smelled better-the bathroom door was shut when I walked in. When I opened it, I was overwhelmed with the smell of sewerage gases-The only reason why I didn't leave and go to another hotel was the short duration of my stay-not worth the hassle. I did book another trip here in November-pending I am placed in a renovated room.

The location is great and the staff good at customer service.

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything. The building should be condemned. Imminent collapse. Concrete floor slanted.mold on all walls. Damp carpets. Horrible place. Cracks in concrete ceiling.

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

That was a horrible expenrice , 7 am in the morning they are starting the construction. the motel very dirty and over dated . we will never go back there again.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Communication. We were changed from room 125 to 135 but this wasn't relayed to housekeeping or the front desk. Housekeeping tried entering at 7am Monday morning. Then we received a phone call around 7:30am asking why we were in there. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate. (If you couldn't enter it's because someone is in there. Why not wait until later in the morning/afternoon to ask?!?!) Also, renovations were started next door at 9am that day. Again, unprofessional and inconsiderate.

The bed was comfy. The room was freezing cold (which was GREAT!!!), Stephanie at the front desk was amazing and very sweet. The property was close to the beaches, shopping, entertainment, etc. The price was decent - way less than other hotels on the area.

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

You definitely cannot walk to the beach as stated. The carpet in the hall is horribly stained.The ceiling in the room is horribly stained. The ladies at the front desk are constantly outside smoking. They smell of smoke.

Easy parking.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The place looked old and was in need of a renovation.

The front desk clerk was helpful, very friendly. For a budget hotel, it was quiet and clean. Room was comfortable and clean.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel is due a big renovation soon big cracks around pool area and carpets very dirty throughout the hotel.also no bacon or sausage for breakfast just same cheese egg everyday.

Bed was comfortable and bathroom clean

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel smelled. Everything was obviously rundown . There was a sign that said construction but didn't really see anything going on. Pool was rundown; all the chairs were broken. Stains on the hallway carpet. I could hear through the walls. There was a stain on the bedsheets. It was a non smoking room but it smelled of ciggarettes. ..could be a better place after the so called "renovations" are done.

I liked how close it was to the beach .But that was about it .

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

No fresh towels after 2nd day, they didn't have any. Noticed the shower mat had black mold all under it. Coffee pot dirty and still had previous grounds in it. Old plastic knife on bookshelf out in the open covered with dust and cobwebs. Shower handle came off in my hand first night. Keycards had to be swiped numerous times to get them to work.

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast? HA, they said they served breakfast but by 8am all they had up there was yogurt.. The carpet in the hall was very dirty, the room carpet was dirty, the bed was actually comfy, the pool was dirty, the staff was a bit stuck up.. BUT, like they say, you get what you pay for...

The bed was ok!

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hallways were a little warm, but the room had a great air conditioner.

Very pleasant, helpful, and knowledgeable staff. Updates are nearing completion. Great value for the money.

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I asked for a non smoking room. The room had been converted from a smoking room by removing the carpet. The air was very humid and although the air conditioning was running on high the tile floor stayed wet and the floor was dirty along the edge of the bed and baseboards. The room was cold and smelled of smoke. The bathroom smelled of urine. The furniture was sticky. The hallway reeked of smoke. Also, in general the place was dark, dingy and grimy. I was booked for a week but left as soon as possible the next morning.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

In 2016 they had breakfast food & waffle maker. It was hard to get in there alot of days but, loved it. This year didn't have anything. Nothing to do w/motel but, I wish we would've known The Pier was closed...But, we enjoyed our stay...

I liked our room & how nice the receptionist was. I like how close you are to everything.

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed - Smoking

My room wasn't vacuumed couple months I could draw a picture with my finger how dusty that carpet was. Breakfast - horrible!

Location and pool that's about it

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The entire hallways smelled like cigarette smoke. The floors in the hallways were disgusting. The doors to the rooms weren't very safely closed, there were open gaps between the door and the trim shining light into the room at night from the hall. There's also no pool which there should be since the hotel isn't on the beach or even near it.

The bed was comfortable and the pillows were soft.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

1 not walking distance to beach! 2. Not really a red roof more like daysinn redroof take over. Tons of stains everywhere.. when trying to get back to the hotel it was a huge pain to do a u turn or go down get off ramp then come back up.. I would never stay here again unless someone else paid for it Way too much to list!!

Beds were comfy.. rooms were decent dispite guest taking up the hallway on my way to the rooms..

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not good at all. Pool was not in good condition. Broken tiles, needed refinishing. To be fair, the property is about to go through a major renovation according to the staff

Staff was great. Room was clean