Reviews of New Orleans Courtyard Hotel 3 stars

1101 North Rampart Street, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA

#116 of 148 hotels in New Orleans

I wanted to love this hotel, but it gave me every reason not to.
    • Queen Room

From the start booking this hotel was a complete disaster. I was informed I would be able to early check-in due to non stop traveling and to call back closer to my booking date and we would arrange the details. I called back and spoke with someone who gave me attitude for even thinking that was a slight possibility without paying for another night in full. Upon arriving to the hotel we were charged a $100/accident fee which was on hold until check-out. No where was I informed of this added cost, and did not budget to have an extra $100 on hold until I left from vacation. The front desk gentleman took my card without my full authorization and ran the entire total for the stay on it when I clearly stated "This is not the card I would be putting the stay on".. His response when I explained why I was frustrated and upset was " I didn't know." As if that wasn't a nightmare enough, the room was decent, however the bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable. You also are unable to adjust the thermostat due to the possibility of it "freezing" and having no cool air at all. Which was stated underneath the thermostat. Also, both my partner and I were woken up by dogs barking and other guests yelling in the middle of the night by the pool at 3-4 AM both nights we stayed. There are " Quiet Zone" signs, however the front desk workers apparently do not enforce that sign or rule, because the yelling continued for about an hour until I'm assuming the guests finally went inside to sleep. Overall, this was a terrible experience. I wanted to love this hotel because I come to New Orleans multiple times a year, and it gave me every reason not to. I would not recommend this hotel to even my worst enemy. There are far better hotels in the French Quarter who value their customers, cheaper rates, better room accommodations and all in all less of a hassle.

Great and can't wait to stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

First time in New Orleans and ibloved it,The lady at the front desk was so sweet,wish i remebered her name but she only works on the weekends at night! She gave me a map circled bedt placea to visit and best way to get There..i loved this place it was so.cute and our room was the best. I love the floors and wall made out of bricks

Very nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great location! Easy walking distance to French Quarter attractions. Staff is awesome! Friendly, accommodating, fun! Two swimming pools to use, clean and in gorgeous courtyards. Great light breakfast! Rooms and bath very clean! Excellent value! Will definitely stay there again!

Terrific quality-for-value hotel adjacent to the famed French Quarter
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Other than perhaps another option or two for the breakfast, I have no complaints.

Great quality-for-value hotel… Right by the French Quarter… next to a streetcar line… I like that my room looked out to the courtyard/pool… I was in town to visit Tulane… Thank you for a great stay!

Closeness to trolly and French Quarter.
    • Queen Room

Bathroom was filthy, beds in room were hard as rock and were I formed only after checking out we could have had a pad for bed. Night clerk flirting with loud guest that were being loud and unruly.

Closeness to trolly and French Quarter.

All in all, a nice place in a great location to explore the French Quarter.
    • Queen Room

It is a nice older building and so has the daw backs of its age, smaller rooms not laid out as a hotel. Shower water pressure was better on the second and third floor rather than the first (go figure). The walls are thin. Be prepared to hear more than you might want to.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was immaculate after maid service and front desk was knowledgeable.

The Courtyard was beautiful.
    • Queen Room

A step stool in the room. Bed was a little to high for me . I have short legs. Price for parking was costly.

The Courtyard was beautiful. Closeness to the French Quarter.

A very atmospheric fun place which was also quiet and convenient.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A little more storage space and somewhere on my side of the bed for a light.

A brilliant location just on the edge of the French Quarter, lovely courtyard for breakfast or just relaxing. A pleasant room which was very evocative of the French Quarter.

N/ORLEANS 50TH B/DAY TRIP
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The property didn't enforce the no smoking rule. We had a bad experience with other guests smoking cigarettes and pot. Not really nice especially with my family including a 2year old.

The staff was incredible. Very polite and helpful with directions and with day trip ideas.

Nice folks, historic property, very well maintained!
    • Queen Room

The first room was super tiny and we did not sleep well because the bed was quite small, they moved us the next morning to a larger room and it was much better, the small room with one bed is good for one person.

The free breakfast was lacking, there could have been hard boiled eggs or yogurts or even dry cereal, I guess I was just hoping for more however what was provided was lovely. The staff is lovely and super accommodating.

Location- close to French Quarter
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast: plastic cutlery and cups, paper plates, breakfast does not deserve the title Continental. Generell apperrance of the hotel: nice but not clean e.g. carpets in the hallway stained and dirty. Room: in main building 3rd floor - small, windows wouldn’t open, very loud air conditioning, room was very muggy, noisy (could hear the neighbors), Hotel guests: majority older generation (not the fun / young ones as depicted on the website)

Location- close to French Quarter

Beautiful hotel, clean, quiet with a wonderful staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Need to pay for parking, a little pricey.

Room was nice, clean and comfy, very roomy. Staff could not be nicer, very helpful. Property was beautiful. Just on the edge of french quarter. Walking distance to everything but in a quiet area. Nice breakfast in charming dinning room.

Overall fantastic
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The continental breakfast, For the money you paid for room, should of had regular breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, etc. The $100 dollar deposit should be mentioned thru booking.com when setting up.

Very nice place, loved the older style it had

Quaint hotel, with a nice court yard, just outside the noisy party zone, close to attactions.
    • Queen Room

This hotel was in a great location. On the outskirts of the French Quarter. great parking in behind the building. Within walking distance to most attractions, Hop on Hop Off bus stop in front of hotel. This location provided enabled us to get a some quiet time away. The staff were really helpful.

I loved the old world charm of the hotel and the room was very comfortable.
    • Queen Room

The breakfast that was included in the stay could have been way better than it was. We were in New Orleans and we got plain old bagels and waffles. They could bring some Southern charm into their breakfast options.

The decor of the hotel was lovely and we had several different rooms that each had their own charm to it. The location was optimal because it wasn't too far from the action of Bourbon Street and The French Market and it wasn't too close so that it was noisy and distracting.

Would Stay again

Breakfast was Ok yet I do like Waffles

It was within Walking distance to Bourbon St and away from the Noise. It also had the Trolley right outside. Loved the Coutyard

Great hotel with convenient parking at a reasonable price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was spacious and clean. Front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. We loved that the property had parking available for a reasonable price.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Small room for families. A bit dated but plenty of whatever you needed. Towels etc. You do pay extra for the location but we knew that.

Location. Breakfast. Privacy. Friendly helpful staff. The hop on hop off bus stops right outside which is handy. The kids enjoyed the little pool. Breakfast was a limited selection but what was there was more than enough to take you through to lunch.

Old New Orleans hotel in good location
    • Queen Room

Was noisy when other guests were returning to their room but staff asked them to be quiet after we called

Staff was excellent, breakfast was good, ambiance was old New Orleans, location was withing walking distance of Quarter, on site parking with in and out privileges

Amazing time!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was nothing to dislike...sorry!

The room was just right, a TV, simple RR, 2 beds and walking distance to the French Quarter, that is all we needed. The breakfast was enough to hold off the hunger till a small snack for lunch and a big dinner. Restaurants away from the Quarters try Melba's (not fancy-inside a laundromat (YES-Laundromat!), but DELICIOUS!!! Mother's (Pricey but GREAT bread pudding) - In the Quarters, Saints and Sinners (Gouda Grits & grilled shrimp-YUM!). Dessert try Loretta's pralines in the Market (only if you don't have nut allergy's) This is the first time we stayed so close to the Quarter and it was perfect. Loved It!

Enjoy this location. Hotel clean and roomy. Breakfast part of the stay. Staff accommodating.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Continental breakfast nice, but surprised there was no milk/cereal, no protein source except cheese. No insulation in the "living room" portion of our room. We understand this is an historic building, but we could hear everything going on upstairs, everything, even zipping of suitcases. Last day of stay, a maintenance worker opened our door without knocking, we were still in bed. A bit disturbing, but it seems we scared him more than he scared us!

Great location at edge of the French Quarter. Walking distance to most anything. They extended their breakfast hours. Room nice size with small "living room" at the entrance. Nice pool.

The breakfast crew was beyond nice, and the front desk gave detailed information which saved us time
    • Queen Room

The charisma, humor, and bright personality of the housekeeper for room 106 during the week of Feb 9-15, 2018 was the best part of my trip to NOLA! I’d stay here again with out a doubt!

Nice but could be better
    • Queen Room

The bed sucked (excuse the language). It sagged so much the the middle, I felt like hotdog in a bun. I had to have the electronic keys reprogrammed 3 times in 3 nights. Onsite parking will cost $25-$35 extra per night. They claim to be dog friendly, but at $25 extra per night per dog, I would say they are dog tolerant. When I booked the room, through Booking.com, they said I could cancel reservation but did not mention that the cancellation would cost me the same as if I had stayed. Booking.com made no mention of the pet or parking policy. From this point onward, I will contact property directly and NOT use Booking.com

We loved the courtyard and the table to sit around the pool and have a drink. The Charm was outstanding with an historic, quaint feeling. The location was great. Right on the Rampart trolley line and the red bus stops in front. Easy walk to the quarter.

We stayed before and after our cruise and enjoyed ourselves.
    • Queen Room

They need to have bottled water on hand to sell or give to clients. The coffee was always regular. We drink decaf. Although they offered to put a pot on there really wasn’t time. On our return stay there were people talking in the courtyard. They were really loud.thank goodness they went to bed at 11pm. Being an old property the walls are very thin.

Location was perfect for visiting the French Quarter. The people were helpful.

Very charming old New Orleans style building situated near...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The heavy traffic right outside the hotel. Lots of homeless people in the area.

Very charming old New Orleans style building situated near the French Quarter.

Very good!

New Orleans was having water problems there was a boil alert that just ended. Then there was low water pressure. But the hotel provided bottled water.

Location is everything
    • Queen Room

The rooms are "quaint" and small, in need of some repairs. Even though the bed was clean, the room itself had the feel of over-use.

Location is very convenient to French Quarter and Bourbon St. The staff were very helpful and accommodating, allowing us to keep our luggage stored and getting us a taxi to the airport.

The service was wonderful.

The service was wonderful. The staff were very helpful on check in, and gave great tips about the local area. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and were cleaned daily. The provided breakfast was tasty and varied.

My 1st time in NOLA, and I would stay at New Orleans Courtard Hotel again!
    • Queen Room

The bed was REALLY hard, it took FOREVER for hot water, and there was a 1/8" gap in the door. The name suggests it was a Marriott property... it was not!

The staff was super awesome, and the location was the top! I travelled with my dog and there was a place outside for him to run. The gates were locked at 10pm for security and cameras were all over the property so I felt safe.

Very disappointing, worse part of the trip.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Old building with poor lighting; old rickety beds; NOT sound proof at all - could hear everything going on nexr door, upstairs, outside the door. Had difficulties getting hot water - had to run shower for a full ten minutes to get some hot water; no ventilation in bathroom so always had wet musty smell; the included breakfat was a joke served completely on cheap paper products; even the television was difficult to manipulate - had to stand close to it and press and press buttons to change channels. Housekeeping did not clean room on our first day. Online pictures look better than the actual property. Patrick was helpful and helped to try rectify the hot water problem & get the room cleaned.

OK location; price decent for the French Quarter but you get what you pay for as the hotel was the most disappointing of the whole trip. WiFi was good.

Easy access to everywhere, and just far enough from the Bourbon Street Party
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We stayed in a townhouse due to the size of our party and the restroom was on the second floor. My mom is older so we let her stay upstairs to make her restroom visit less labor intensive.

We like the friendliness of the staff. Everybody was helpful and professional.

Comfortable beds, close to our event, breakfast was...
    • Queen Room

One desk clerk should learn to talk to guest and employees with respect, she was quite rude, but one employee reminded her that our guest is how we keep our jobs. She later changed her attitude, I hope she did this and is continuing to improve on her attitude.

Comfortable beds, close to our event, breakfast was wonderful! Wonderful food places that delivered delicious food after hours.!!

Ceiling leaked because of rain and they immediately sent...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ceiling leaked because of rain and they immediately sent someone up to fix it not even 5 minutes later. Great staff, and the building is so beautiful. I’m walking distance of bourbon and the trolley stop is right across the street.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

nice in general, great breakfast!
    • Queen Room

Walls in the bathroom and doors were absolutely disgusting, full of drops of different colors and make-up stains all around.

In general the staff was so nice, except for one of the housekeepers at night that was shouting instead of talking in a normal tone. She woke me up few times.

This might not be the first choice when next time I travel to NO.
    • Queen Room

It is a bit far from Canal Street which might not be so convenient. Floor is bit wet, perhaps it was because I lived on the first floor. BTW, it was bricks but not hardwood. Pool was working all day long which made not easy to sleep in night.

Location is rather good, pretty closed to the French Quarter. Front desk staff is really helpful. Breakfast were good, I liked the waffle.

Location on edge of French Quarter was perfect.
    • Queen Room

Parking is an extra charge and expensive No elevator

The beautiful room and antique furnishings and the court yard. The desk folks were very friendly. Great bathroom.

Loved the atmosphere of this hotel, loved the way the rooms were set out in the courtyard with small

Would have been nice to have had cereal on offer for breakfast too.

Room was lovely, shower huge! bed very comfy and the staff so helpful and friendly nothing was too much trouble, highly recommend and will stay again.

I don't think I've ever slept on a mattress as hard...
    • Queen Room

I don't think I've ever slept on a mattress as hard as the one in our room. Plus.. the sheets on the bed pulled off and the actual mattress was horribly stained. GROSS.

Location was excellent but pretty expensive to be so uncomfortable
    • Queen Room

Mattress hard as a rock, like sleeping on the floor. Very small room, smelled like sewer gas so bad it made my fiancé nauseated. Shower pressure could skin you alive and scald you at the same time Continental breakfast very strange ....slices of cheese, tomatoes, canned pears, grapefruit and waffles

Staff friendly, knowledge about the area. Location within walking distance to everything Courtyard was beautiful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Access to the upper floors on stairs is fine for young people, but a little hard for my part of 70+yr old ladies. All-in-all -- we enjoyed our stay and I would return (but ask for a ground floor room.)

The buildings are old, which is part of the charm.

Was there for Bourbon Street and not the hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

TV was small. Rooms looked a little neglected in the maintenance department. Bathroom needed to updated to have a counter. Shower was very cramped.

Rooms were huge, and walls were thick. Was close enough to walk everywhere.

THE BED WAS WONDERFUL THE FLOORS WERE BRICK AND WE LOVED...
    • Queen Room

NOISE AFTER 10 PM--- KEPT US UP MOST OF THE NIGHTS WITH SWIMMERS AND LOUD DRUNKS COMING IN FROM A NIGHT OF PARTYING. COFFEE WAS WATERED DOWN WATER--- NOT THE BEST CONTIENTAL BREAKFAST IVE EVER HAD... IT COULD USE ALOT MORE. THE DOG WALK IS REALLY JUST A PARKING LOT. GOT OFFERED DRUGS BY A MAN ON A BIKE THE NIGHT WE CHECKED IN ON THE FRONT STEPS OF THE HOTEL AS WE WERE CHECKING IN... KINDA A SKETCHY NEIGHBORHOOD--- BUT THATS NEW ORLEANS... YOU JUST DONT EXPECT A PERSON PEDDLING DRUGS AT THE FRONT OF A HOTEL WHEN YOU CHECK IN. OR WE DIDNT ANYWAY. I FEEL LIKE $989 FOR A HOTEL AND PARKING AND TAXES IS HIGH FOR 4 DAYS FOR WHAT WE GOT. MY OPINION HOWEVER.

THE BED WAS WONDERFUL THE FLOORS WERE BRICK AND WE LOVED THAT.... THE STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND NICE.

Friendly quiet stay in a period building right by French Quarter.
    • Queen Room

Would have been perfect if it had in-room coffee maker.

Great location and nice to be able to stay in a historic building. Surprisingly quiet. Congenial poolside. Easy walk to French Quarter landmarks and the city.

stay at adjacent French Quarter Suites instead of New Orleans Courtyard
    • Queen Room

Although we were upgraded to a nice suite after the first night, the first room we were assigned was unclean, smelled strongly of mold & mildew, and had bedbugs as well as another insect infestation in the bathroom.

the floor to my room was like the floor to my garage, only a cricket was found in my room,no fridge.
    • Queen Room

booking.com SAID the price was $453.35 and that was from the 8/23-8/26 I left a day early due to hurricane Harvy on the 25th, yet they STILL charged me $486.79 which is already more than what booking.com said IF I stayed till the 26th. $652.83 is what they originally charged me on my credit card till the 26th which is absolutely ridiculous. So I leave a day early and I'm STILL charged the $486.79 which more either way. I need to call them at 10pm tonight because they STILL charged me the extra day. If I am NOT promised the booking.com price for leaving a day early [or ANY price they told me in my conformation] I will never use booking.com EVER AGAIN! No point in booking ANYTHING with the WRONG prices being shown. Other hotels on this trip didn't give me a hard time with prices, so why this one?

there were no at eggs at ANY breakfast there, only muffins and waffles. The bed was fine.

Awesome!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We visisted New Orleans in August, therefore the days were rather hot - we loved the outside pool, that was never to crowded and open from 7 am to 11 pm. A clean and quiet hotel in a pleasant size with a personal atmosphere. Parking lot behind the hotel. Only a short walk to the Frenchquarter. Friendlyness of staff. Nice Breakfast with delicious tomatoes.

It's all about location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast is kind of basic (I am not a fan of paper plates and plasic "silver ware". As nice as the room are, the room we had towards Rampard was quite noisy even at night with the traffic running through...

It's all about location! Great place to stay if you are into exploring French Quarter but would like to stay out of all the noise and party on Burbon St.. The courtyard of this hotel is great to chill out and spend some time by/in the pool. The rooms are nice and well equipped.

will not return to this motel ,but will go back to new orleans
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the trip was okay we were booked in a suite after being there for the night .we had an issue with termites at 1;00 in the morning and had to throw away all our foods,snacks ,sweets and drinks . our bed ,clothes everything was full of them .we were moved to another room,but couldnt go back to sleep right away do to feeling like they were in that room also.we had to get towels etc. because they were all over them. i felt like we should of received some kind of deduction off are stay or something. other then that are stay was alright .maitence let me know that the manager knew of the motel being infested with termite for the last week or so which did not make things better for us. if we decide to return we will look for another motel to stay in.

Location Perfect
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was one front desk attendant that had a bad attitude, middle aged Caucasian lady. Everyone else was extremely friendly.

I loved the location of the hotel and the overall setup of the rooms. I felt comfortable there. I plan to book this hotel for my next stay in NOLA.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Queen Room

One window in our room was completely blocked up..the other did not post this room was very dark and gloomy

Lovely bed and towels changed every day..good location

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Awesome stay, highly recommended
    • Queen Room

Not enough variety or choice. mainly pastry stuffs and waffles Should add cereal and something a little more healthy

Service staff very helpful, friendly and accommodating. The rooms are very nice and the building and area are filled with character and charm Good value for money we would definitely stay there again

Unique style of hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The cottage room on the second level facing the street was rather noisy. But there really is only so much a hotel can do to cut down on the noise on Rampart.

It was a unique hotel. I'm glad to have stayed there twice. It's what I imagined a French Quarter area hotel to look like.

Wonderful location for touring New Orleans
    • Queen Room

The staff were terrific, very accommodating and provided great information on places to go. We love the place, been there twice. Handy to everything and a beautiful property. Breakfast that was different from most places.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Great value for money - location, staff and facilities are fantastic!

I found it a bit noisy- the street noise and the air conditioning - although my husband and my son and his girlfriend in the room next door didn't hear anything! My only real complaint was the 2 cockroaches in our room on the last night!!!!!

We loved this hotel! The location was fantastic and the staff were too - really welcoming and helpful. It had a lot of charm - shabby chic? - as the building was old and pretty, the courtyard pool was great, and we were right on the edge of the French Quarter. If we ever go back to New Orleans; and we really hope we do... we would definitely stay there again.

Definitely won't come back
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was, no milk, no egg, a lot of carbohydrates. Different group of guests were talking and laughing loudly in the yard until midnight everyday.A lot of dust in the corner of the room.

Walk distance to French quarter

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

OK but expensive for what you get.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast uninspiring - carbohydrates, no cereal, tasteless cheese, tomatoes and orange slices. Weak coffee. Tiny cramped dining room which sprang a leak from the ceiling. No area to sit except the pool. Smokers contaminating the pool area and sitting outside my room smoking and chattering loudly. My room dark with no window except louvred door so people can look in if you have any daylight. Some noise from weekend visitors. The central air conditioning can only be on or off and flags at 3am when I had to get up to switch on the ceiling fan.

Swimming pool, location, security box in office, computer, convenience store same block. Bed comfortable, storm shutters to block out light and noise.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Great courtyard and location! Don't expect too much for a queen room. Stay on 1st floor or balcony.
    • Queen Room

Pay to park extra is not included in the room descriptions. $25.00 per night but it was gated after 9 pm. Open upon request at the front desk. Queen room on the 2nd floor was less than expected and had no window, fridge, or coffee maker. Just ok.

Great location and walking distance to the French Quarter. Better than standard "continental" breakfast. They had a crawfish boil and fried chicken upon our return from Jazz Fest in the courtyard. Unexpected and very good! Great courtyard and pool!

Don't be fooled by Courtyard name - this is NOT a Marriott
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

"Parking" lot seemed to be a shared lot that was also used by guests/residents of other properties as a dog walking lot. The FIRST room we were put into had mold mold mold growing on the brick wall. Breakfast was very basic with what seemed like leftover bread products from the previous day. Breakfast staff which was also the cleaning staff were very unfriendly and snarky. "Making a waffle isn't brain surgery!" - true story - she said it. 2nd trip to New Orleans. The 1st trip we stayed right off Bourbon Street on Iberville in Marriott. This time around we were looking for something more intimate, away from the crowds with a pool. There's a reason why this hotel has mainly pictures of the exterior and the pools. The interior central area has some classic charm but it can easily be overlooked once you get a whiff of the musty mildew odor you would smell if you're entering a house that has been locked up for several years. The front desk was being covered by a character who gave us her name in French, then English, then said we could call us Duchess. A lit match in front of her breath would have caused a major explosion - she was well into happy hour. This explained the slurred speech and imbalance. We knew were going to get see enough of that during our trip but didn't expect it from the staff. Our "first" room must have been a converted dungeon or food storage area. Again we were overpowered by the odor of must and mildew when we first entered. As there were 5 of us, 4 adults and one 12-year old, we expected two beds with adequate space and a sofa bed to fit us all. There were two beds alright, but they were slighting larger than twin size. And NO sofa bed - only a small plastic love seat that did not pull out. One bed looked like someone had taken a nap before we arrived and we found hair on the bed. There was a lighter on the floor at the edge of the bed and a straw on the floor near the other.

Mike, of the front desk, was terrific.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

WWII museum worth the trip
    • Queen Room

There was a festival while we were there that made everything more difficult. The neighborhood was somewhat seedy. Was happy to get back on the road.

There is a nearby restaurant called Meauxbar on Rampart st. that we walked to. Great place, great bar. Way cool bartender who made my husband a Sazerac cocktail. We also ate at Port of Call, a nearby bar. Fun and friendly place. The WWII museum was spectacular.

It's ok if nothing else in the quarter is available
    • Queen Room

The mattress was awful. It was so hard, old and uncomfortable that we barely slept the entire time.

The location was good and easy to walk around (albeit a ton of walking).

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

The room was comfortable & a good size!
    • Queen Room

The breakfast was tragic! Limited with tasteless processed cheese, basic bread,tinned fruit - I saw tea bags but never saw any boiling water necessary to make a cup of tea! The poor quality breakfast was a huge disappointment for me!

The room was comfortable & a good size! The location on the first floor near the courtyard was great!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Staff was so accommodating and helpful here.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was still too cold to swim but nothing negative other than that!

Beds are super comfortable and the staff is very good friensly and quick to get you anything you want/need.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Good location for the French Quarter

Old building with wooden floors meant the people in the room above us were extremely loud all night and early in the morning. The bathroom was very basic but there was lots of hot water in the shower.

The kids enjoyed the pool and the location was good for the French Quarter. Free breakfast was appreciated but limited, however hot drinks were available all day.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Very New Orleans like/Welcoming!
    • Queen Room

That they put pepper/salt on the tomatoes & fruits for the breakfast.....I would suggest to let the customers do that themselves, to their liking! Thank you....overall, really enjoyed our stay. Would definitely like to return !!!

We really enjoyed your Hotel....the only issue is that we had the room on the main floor & we could hear the coming & goings.

Do Not Book this hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we booked this hotel on booking.com it says everything included but... I assumed parking was included because it didn't say it was not included. We got to the hotel and we were charged $35 dollars a day for parking. On the way home i checked the website for booking.com it still does not exclude parking and it says the price of parking is $25/day. Okay now onto the rooms Bathroom floor really filthy--so dirty that white grout is totally black except on edges where you can see it was originally white. Old fixtures and cracked sink, no place to hang towels Gross The wall between our room and next door had a big crack in the brick and you could hear everything the people next door said and did. their dog barked all night and the two ladies stayed out till 4 am. Since our unit faced the open courtyard you could hear people talking and and drinking. They have a quite time but no one polices it. This is a Marriott hotel I will not be back.

the courtyard area was nice

The room was very unique with the brick walls and fit with...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was extremely hard. It hurt my hips. The breakfast had all bread items. The fruit was canned fruit. It really needed a lot better food selection.

The room was very unique with the brick walls and fit with the architecture of New Orleans. They also put in a little refrigerator for us.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Adequate but needs updating esp in bathroom.

No elevators so hotel is not user friendly for anyone with an ambulatory issue.

Continental breakfast was adequate but breakfast room was very small and difficult to maneuver.

Perfectly located, authentic atmosphere
    • Queen Room

I had a room on the ground floor to the court, which has a pool, attracting noisy home coming other guests late at night

Fantastic Location right between Treme and French Quarter. Leave your car and walk wherever; historic house with authentic New Orleans atmosphere; I liked the stone floor in my room, which was nice and cool without feeling air conditioned; breakfast wasn't great, but totally okay

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

- Good bed.
    • Queen Room

- Tiny bathroom not cleaned daily by the staff. - Although the old building has its charm, it has inconveniences: noisy pipes and air conducts that disturb at night. - I found part of the staff working in the front desk not very kind, in particular, the one in charge of my check-in. Fortunately, not all the staff working at the front desk of this hotel lack this professional kindness.

- Good bed. - Building with some charm.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

The location was perfect and it was a beautiful hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only complaint I have was the one lady with the grey curly hair I guess she's the manager is extremely rude. The 2 times we asked her questions she was not helpful and would give you a snarky reply. But the ladies in the front all very friendly.

The location was perfect and it was a beautiful hotel!

Alright location, great staff, rustic rooms and expensive parking.
    • Queen Room

Lack of fridge and lack and the room was too noisey. Very expansive parking due to the lack of public parking capacity.

Kinda good location, 5-15 minute walk to French quarter. Nice inner garden but rooms are a bit rustic. Not in abad way, they are clean but the style is different from you usual hotels. Staff is really helpful and accomodating.

I wanted to email the hotel directly for my comment, but...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wanted to email the hotel directly for my comment, but can't figure out how. I do want to put this in writing. I lost a very nice and expensive below hip length black cashmere open (no fasteners) cardigan while away from our room on February 27. The weather was to be warm but rain was predicted. I debated about taking the sweater, the only warm item I brought, but decided on my raincoat instead. I folded my sweater and put it on my suitcase. We returned to the room before dinner and I decided to pack my sweater for the evening outing. But I did not find it. When I came back around 11pm, I emptied my suitcase and repacked it, checked under beds, dressers, etc and did not find my sweater. I went to the office and told the woman there in the small office what the situation was. She recommended that I talk with the manager in the morning. I did. She had spoken with him. The manager, Patrick Berthelot, recommended that I talk with the woman who cleaned my room to see if maybe the sweater had gotten tangled in the laundry. I did and she said she had not seen the sweater, but would check the laundry that day. She also said, that she never touched guests personal items. I didn"t hear back from her. On check out I mentioned it again to the desk clerk, who said he had heard of things like this happening where items get mixed with the laundry. He took my phone number and said he would contact me if they found it. I am not a careless guest. I took my jewelry with me each day, but did not expect that I would have to be concerned about my clothing. Each morning I carefully cleared the floor and beds for the maids, and put all my clothing in or on my suitcase. The room is small and with two other people I had to put my suitcase in the closet in the bathroom. That morning I went back in to put a $5 tip on my pillow, noticed that newspapers were still on my 'bed, but fighting the compulsion to clean up after everyone, I decided not to pick them up.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Pleasant stay.
    • Queen Room

Bed could have used stool to reach and we are tall. Room small. Pool not heated. Seems none are that far south.

Lovely helpful staff. . Bed very comfy. Transportation across the street. Breakfast included fresh fruit. Pleasant Nice pool area outside door. Good maintenance and housekeeping. Clean grounds and room.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Staff were friendly
    • Queen Room

Actually this hotel looked much better on pictures than in real life. In real life it was a simple hotel what needs a lot of refurbishment. Dirt and dust in the bathroom, empty safe hole in the wall, a lot of dirt in the bottom of the pool. Also, the breakfast did not have any ham or sausages, cheese only.

Staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Friendly staff, beautiful historic hotel, but lacking in some basic conveniences.
    • Queen Room

The sheets weren't changed for four of the five nights, and some days the room wasn't cleaned, just straightened. No elevators meant hauling luggage up flights of stairs. There was only one mirror (over the sink), no hooks, and it took the water five minutes to get warm. The bed was very firm with no give.

A long walk to Bourbon Street, but walkable. Hop On bus at front door. Good free breakfast. Friendly staff.

Browse New Orleans Courtyard Hotel traveller photo gallery