Reviews of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel 4 stars

500 Canal Street, Downtown New Orleans, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA

#43 of 148 hotels in New Orleans

Great stay for our first time in NOLA, safe & upscale place & short Lyft from Bourbon/Frenchman St.
    • Traditional Double Room

nothing to complain about. oh yes, A/C was hard set at no lower than 70 degrees F. so it did not operate as cold as we would have liked in the humid South. But we figured it was for overall energy consumption. no other issues! Staff is friendly, service helpful and outstanding!

Room was clean and quiet. Front desk let us check the type of room and also change the room after we checked in because of a/c issues in the first room. Hotel is safe, upscale, and is a short walk to Bourbon street (5 blocks), or around the corner from Harrah's Casino, and actually across the street from the Canal Shopping Mall. Really liked this location. This was where the National Conference for our group was held and we would stay again!

The front desk lady charged me extra fees without advising...

The front desk lady charged me extra fees without advising me of this and also this had to be escalated to management also I called three times to tell them that the ac didn’t work and the shower curtain didn’t feel sturdy

Sheraton Hotel will be the hotel i will book every visit to New Orleans!
    • Traditional Double Room

Nothing that i didnt like but i would have loved to have had a microwave and fridge in the room.

I liked everything about my stay, from the time checked in to checked out. The seating by the window to watch the small parade was lovely.

What I like about the property was the closeness to what...
    • Traditional Double Room

The room could have had and ice box and bigger bathroom , and more light in the room for doing makeup

What I like about the property was the closeness to what going to location to bourbon and the French Quarter

Clean, Nice staff and great location
    • Traditional Double Room

I would rather have queeen beds in lieu of double beds.

If you like the Pimms Cup drink the Sheraton is the place to get. the bar lounge was huge and the staff was wonderful.

The pool was too small for the hotel size and number of...
    • Traditional Double Room

We could not relax by the pool area, it was too small for the hotel size and number of guest.

The pool was too small for the hotel size and number of guest.

I paid over $1600 4th 5 night stay. Very disappointing.
    • Traditional Double Room

When I got to my room I planned on taking a shower but had no hot water. When I am form staff they said they would send someone I'll be mediately. I said that was it necessary because I was going out for dinner. When I returned from dinner I still had cold water in the shower. Africa plaining about this the next day and since they're maintenance crew didn't rectify the situation, Staff had me move my room. I guess the thing that bothered me the most was there was no apology made.

The location of the hotel was ideal.

Great hotel, friendly staff and comfortable beds.
    • Traditional Double Room

WiFi cost- not free. Hallways have no A/C....VERY hot. Rooms are not pre-equipped with refrigerators and microwaves. Gift shop charges $3.50 for WATER. NO vending machines.

Friendly staff, open and lively lobby, Starbucks in the lobby, comfortable beds.

Mid day check out is reasonable!
    • Traditional Double Room

$52 to park for 1 night is ridiculous considering the cost per room was nearly $200. WiFi was not free

Mid day check out is reasonable! Comfortable bed, nice room

Good location for walking to Jackson Square and Royal Street
    • Traditional Double Room

Terrible restaurant service. Check in staff were polite but the bell service was rude at check out. Air conditioning wasn’t working properly. The pillows and beds were awful. We came with a large professional group and all had the same experience.

Good location for walking to Jackson Square and Royal Street

Great location!
    • Traditional Double Room

Ceiling was cracked, bath tub very worn and the faucet leaked. Under the bed was extremely dusty.

Great location! Convenient to French Quarter and street cars and local tours. Lobby was nice and the elevators were very efficient

Overall, we were satisfied with our stay.

Slow drain when showering. Pool of water in the tub during showering. Need comp breakfast instead of all you can eat breakfast buffet. Rooms should come equipped with microwave & refrigerator.

Location of hotel to the night life and attraction. Uniqueness of elevator floor service. Staff was pleasant and accommodating.

Horrible. Rooms smelled, were not clean, and I had to kill roaches in the bathroom.
    • Traditional King Room

I did not like paying close to $200 for a room that was not clean. There were laundry bags in the room from a previous guest with their name still on the bags. We requested to be moved and were moved into a room where I killed a roach in the bathroom. Both rooms had a bad odor. It was late and I was too exhausted to pack the vehicle and move to a different hotel. I will never spend money at the Sheraton hotel again.

I liked the location of the hotel and the view from our room.

Enjoyable and would book again
    • Deluxe Double Room

No fan in bathroom No fridge in room Had to order up a fridge for the stay. Was delivered right away

Location Staff was excellent Extremely comfortable bed Restaurant In-house ordering. Food very good And came within 30 mins And opened at all hrs Gift shop had many different items and was opened late Hotel was close to 2 stores open 24 hrs and 2 blocks away from CVS and Walgreens which are always opened Fitness center

Great location and overall very nice hotel.

There were not enough outlets for plug in, and there were only plugs on one side of the bed. There was no fridge or microwave. The tub drained water the whole time and could not be turned completely off. The phone did not work to call for our car. The pool was very small and not really inviting.

The location and view were excellent. The room was very nicely decorated and beds were comfortable.

customer service was great.
    • Traditional King Room

The bed was comfortable!! it was very hot in the room didn't get much sleep. The house keepers where slamming doors and talking very loud. they had a roach in the bathroom shower

customer service was great.

Perfect stay, comfy room, walking distance to everything!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom was a bit small.....

The beds are super comfy. I slept great despite the noisy neighbors (it is New Orleans after all and some level of partying should be expected). Also, the location could not have been better. Walking distance to the French Quarter, and one of the stops on the hop-on-hop-off bus. Overall it worked out perfectly!

Overall enjoyable experience.
    • Traditional Double Room

I did not like waiting 30 minutes for the valet to bring up our car and the bellman telling me not to worry, we've got you taken care of only to still have to take care of it myself.

Loved having a cocktail in the lobby and watching people on Canal St. The location was perfect for our group.

Our stay was good but not excellent. Would stay at this particular property again.
    • Traditional Double Room

We loved the location. The bed was comfortable and the 42nd floor for the ViP guests was excellent. The elevators were state of the art and room service was good but not great. The concierge service was outstanding.

Overall an enjoyable experience and convenient to getting around.

The food and beverage service was terrible it the hotel lobby. No attention was paid to the amount of time an order was placed and when it was brought to the customer whether there were few patrons in the lobby or not.

Will be back soon!
    • Traditional Double Room

Bathroom area can use some updating. Valet parking was slow doing checkout.

Great Location! Aaliyah, Front Desk Representative, was amazing!! Hotel was pack but the elevators still worked fast! Comfy beds and pillows! Had a phenomenal view of the city and the Mississippi River. Bar staff was friendly! Enjoyed the Starbucks in the lobby.

They stay was nice. The view was beautiful.
    • Traditional Double Room

Breakfast for two was $50. That was incredibly spendy for me. It didn't matter if you ordered the buffet or breakfast from the menu. I understand that it was on a weekend but still a little too spendy for the quality of the breakfast.

The rooms were very comfortable.

The rate was high. For whatever reason this was a very expensive weekend. Prices just two weeks either side of this particular time were drastically lower.

The rooms were very comfortable. Great view. More spacious than the Marriot across the street. Felt like it had been updated fairly recently.

Nice but we won’t stay here again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We found a cockroach in our room and when we called the hotel staff to let them know, they basically ignored us and the issue. We were put on hold forever, transferred a couple times and no one would ever answer or call us back. One roach was not the end of the world but for $300 a night, we expected better customer service.

The hotel was in a very good location and has potential to be a very nice hotel. Customer service is lacking though.

The view and location is everything!

Shower was rarely hot. Had tv issues that required maintenance both nights of our stay. Outlet plugs near the bed are nearly impossible to access

The view and location is everything!

Not a good experience... You do better trying to book another hotel 🤦🏻‍♀️
    • Deluxe Double Room

Check in supposed to be made at 4pm, but both rooms were available only at 7pm. Bad internet and not complimentary. Messy and crowded reception. Noise from other rooms, people slamming doors all night :(

over all great trip
    • Club King Room

The club level staff wasn't as nice as they should have been. The on demand feature for movies was not working and the room wouldn't cool off enough to get comfortable.

Room wouldn’t stay cool and the service in the lobby...
    • Traditional Double Room

Room wouldn’t stay cool and the service in the lobby bar/restaurant was slow. No vending machines anywhere on the floor to get a soda. But that didn’t affect our stay, very nice place.

We loved it!

Excellent location. Great Rooms and very nice bar tenders at the round bar. My husband spilled his drink and they had it cleaned up with another drink within 60 seconds. We were impressed!

The bed was very comfortable, and the room was clean on...

Did not get our room cleaned as expected. We were there 4 nights. Our room was only cleaned one time. We understood it was Mardi Gras, however, for the price of the room, we did expect good service. The first two nights were very quiet, however the second two nights we had late night neighbors. They weren’t partying loudly, only talking. However we could hear them quite clearly.

The bed was very comfortable, and the room was clean on first arrival.

Excellent stay, great hotel and walking distance to all.
    • Traditional Double Room

Was very pleased. Just wish hey had a suite available to upgrade.

The front desk arranged for the 2 rooms to be next to each other being that it was a bachelor party. They helped my wife send a treat basket for the groom to be and they were kind enough to give a late check out being that our plane left at 6 30.

Wonderful place to stay...within walking distance of everything.

The only issue was the bath tub faucet had a leak and was a little irritating. You would think the cleaning staff would have reported it for repair.

Beds were very comfy....room was very up to date, clean, quiet and had a beautiful view of the city. The entire staff was great!!

The staff was outstanding and very accommodating.
    • Traditional Double Room

I didn't like how so many transactions were made off my debit card from the hotel. It would've been better if it was just 1 charge in total.

The staff was outstanding and very accommodating.

Amazing and fun!!

I did not like the new elevator system because if to many people pushed the buttons the elevator system would crash. Several times we had to wait for hotel staff to use one elevator out of 6 to move 10 people at a time to their floor. Since it was Mardi Gras week it was busy and this happened every evening. The Sheraton really needs to consider going back to the old system, once you are on the elevator, push your floor number.

Great stay for the price. Awesome location right across from the Quarter - very convenient!

Our room was close to the elevator, so we could hear that running very loudly all night. Also, when we first inhabited the room, the bed wasn't completely made (one side's pillows were at the foot of the bed) which was kind of creepy. We just set those pillows aside and didn't use them while we were there. Next time, we'll ask for something a little further away!

The location was great. The bed was comfy. The decor throughout the hotel is very nice.

Good
    • Traditional Double Room

That wifi was not free and waiters in the ground floor restaurant was so slow. There was one waiter per maybe six tables.. I also did not like that breakfast was not offered to us because of the room we picked out. I offered to pay a little more or step up room rate for breakfast, but was told there was simply no way I could be accommodated.

The staff being so friendly....

Overall great good location very central to everything
    • Traditional Double Room

There was an interruption in the water supply for a good 4 hours it kind of put a damper on my getting ready for the day

Friendly staff cleaned my room dsikyupon request. Room service was fast

My husband and I both especially appreciated the...
    • Traditional King Room

Our room was on the 37th floor, and we waited almost a half-hour for an elevator on Mardi Gras morning, *but* the hotel was super-busy, so delays were expected.

My husband and I both especially appreciated the Sheraton's central location, friendly and helpful staff, and comfortable and clean rooms. We'll definitely consider saying again!

Not worth the money and thelocation does not make up for the multiple failings across the board
    • Club King Room

The lifts/elevators were a joke with a complex calling system that kept breaking leading to massive queues and very long delays - waiting 10 minutes was not uncommon. It was Mardi Gras but the fundamental problem was the lack of lifts and an over complex system not up to the job. The staff in the lobby bar were also very inattentive having to wait 20 minutes twice to get a drink and only getting a drink the second time by making a complaint

The location was excellent for Mardi Gras right on Canal Street. The beds in the room were very comfortable

horrible
    • Traditional Double Room

The rudness of valet, having to continue to ask to have our room cleaned, asking for towels, tissue an our room need got handled so we left.

A employee named rozella .

Location was good.
    • Traditional Double Room

Room smelled very musky and slightly like body odor. It was clear the carpet had not been properly cleaned in a long time. The hallways were dark and smelly as well, not very clean looking either. I was very disappointed. The only good thing about the hotel is the location as it is in a great spot. The check in staff were also lovely.

Location was good.

Awful
    • Traditional Double Room

Hotel couldn’t find my reservation so I paid 100$ more for a smaller room. The bed was really uncomfortable! I wake up in the morning with a headache & I was feeling like someone beat me in my sleep. The bathtub was dirty and rusty.

Its was ok will do a cew things different if come here to stay again
    • Deluxe Double Room

No frigirater on room, no parking fpr customers, and had to have a VIP for the air in our room to work properly.

No free self parking or customer parking at all except valet.

Delightful long weekend!

We attended the Achaeans Ball and stayed in the hotel! The chef did a wonderful job on the food at the ball! We loved the location of the hotel to the quarter!

It is hard to blame the hotel for the weather related problems that made it an unpleasant stay.
    • Traditional Double Room

Unfortunately the hot water pipes busted in the freeze so there was no hot water my second morning and later there was no water. Parking is too expensive and you do not have access to the area where your vehicle is parked.

Room was very comfortable and clean. Nice television.

Drinks were really great for an even greater price
    • Deluxe Double Room

Cleaning oversight that was quickly taken care of; nevertheless, when thinking of Sheraton one would think always clean.

Drinks were really great for an even greater price

Great!

The only thing that i did not like was there was a huge college fraternity group that was loud and overly drunk. Next time when we book we will definitely ask if they are here too and we definitely will not be coming. The hotel should have put them on separate floors from everyone else which would have helped a lot!

The staff was AWESOME. Their customer service is out of this world! Everyone at the hotel made my birthday even more special! And the view in the room is spectacular!!!

The service and location of the Sheraton on Canal Street are a great combination to fully enjoy NO.
    • Traditional King Room

The one criticism is that sound travels easily through the walls, and accordingly we were frequently awoken by sounds of the neighboring doors opening and shutting in the morning. Particularly noticeable as we heard the guest in the adjacent room crinkle his paper bag over a Guinness World Record period of time. Otherwise, our stay at the Sheraton was great.

Everything was really amazing minus a few things
    • Traditional Double Room

Room service didn’t come by the room to fix it & the morning of checkout we waited 3hrs for the breakfast & it didn’t show up until after we were walking out.

Everything was really amazing minus a few things

Wifi charges too high and too easy for children to access...
    • Traditional Double Room

Wifi charges too high and too easy for children to access without you knowing. You only needed surname and room number to access. This caused a heated family argument after final room charges were inspected!

Very nice lean property.
    • Deluxe Double Room

According to booking.com check in is at 3. When we got the the hotel about 3:45, they told us check in wasn’t until 4. It was totally understandable about it being a busy weekend, however, rooms were not ready. They told us we would be notified by email when it would be ready. We never got an email. After two hours we just decided to go back to check and see if they were ready and they were. Good thing we went back to check or we would have been late going to the game.

Very nice lean property. Friendly and helpful staff.

Excellent Time

Walking distance from everything helped alot, the atmosphere was perfect, friendly staff, luxurious rooms. I will definitely come back next time im in town!!

The room was spacious.

No daily turn down service for the room. Clean towels were thrown onto the bed. Bathroom had no circulating air.

The room was spacious. The AC worked really well. So did the water heater. It was a very comfortable room.

The lobby was very nice.
    • Traditional Double Room

Rooms were a little run down especially the bathroom, wall paper was peeling and some water damage to the walls.

The lobby was very nice. I thought the view was amazing and the beds were very comfortable.

Hotel nice, but not when it’s full to capacity

My room was not ready when we got there after a 7/hr drive. The parking deck was full so we had to park 3 blocks away and pay MORE for their deck. We waited for 4 hours to get our room. Then the water was cold the entire time we were there. It was not worth the money we paid.

The bed was comfortable and the view was nice from the room.

The staff was very friendly.

Our heat did not work in our room. We called about it the moment we checked in. After waiting for matienance for over an hour we left. We came back 6.5 hours later and it still wasn't working. The temperature outside was in the teens. We absolutely froze all night. The front desk did offer more blankets. The tub held water when we showered. Therefore, the water was above our ankles the entire time we showered. The bathroom was not clean upon our arrival. The bathroom counters were filthy. The room had not been dusted. The main vent in the room had mold all over it (That didn't affect us since there was no heat coming out of the vent. However, it should be cleaned for the next guest). The moisture on the windows was so bad it had soaked the carpet.

The staff was very friendly.

Epitome of poor service and management.

This was the second occurrence with this hotel where a room was not ready and I had to wander around in the lobby for hours with no place to sit until a room was ready for me then it was not a room (ada) that I had requested, I was assured weeks before that I would be able to get ADA/Disabled parking and as the time before I had to argue and demand the parking I was assured and charged over $58 for valet parking. I will never stay at this property again

Rabelais was excellent at check in and ready with...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Rabelais was excellent at check in and ready with information throughout the stay Gwendolyn helped when they could not find our car and we had to wait at checkout. She took parking off and said she would look into taking a nights stay off for our in convenience

Excellant location and overall was good.
    • Traditional Double Room

Drain in bathroom sink was plugged up bad but did repair after calling about. Didn't realize until third day that air condition had 3 speeds and wish had known sooner because we were a little warm. Door was really irritating because wouldn't open at times after locking. Had to try repeatedly to open. Would be nice if had small refrigerator and microwave.

Elevator really fast and nice that you don't have to press any buttons inside elevator.

Bad

Room smelled cheesy , front desk charged my card twice and left it up to me to get it back. They were not helpful or understanding.

Comfortable bed and nice view

New Orleans, a nice place
    • Traditional Double Room

This was least expected; I ordered a few items online via Amazon and i got them all. But, at the time of checking out, i was charged $40 (inclusive of tax) for handling charges which i paid. This was the only hotel (i have been traveling is many States in US) that charged a handling fees. This is NOT a good client service!

Good location and friendly staff.

Best Christmas vacation ever. 🎅🏾🤶🏾
    • Suite

Everything was perfect.

Breakfast was amazing the room with the river view was great. Me and my husband were there for Saints vs Falcons game saints won yay! But hotel was the greatest. Lobby view of street was breathtaking.🤶🏾🎅🏾 Spending Christmas there was the best Christmas ever. Staff and environment was like none other. Thanks Sheraton we will be staying there again.

The location is very good and the rate was relatively cheap
    • Traditional Double Room

No fridge or micro wave in the room. The wifi is extra $13, the parking is ~$50 when you can find close by lots offering $10-20 per day. The hot water was off for one afternoon.

The location is very good and the rate was relatively cheap

Won’t return. Love the hotel. Other hotels more accommodating to leisure travelers.

Valet fee for parking totally unreasonable for leisure (non-business) travelers. Too much noise ‘spillage’ from adjoining rooms (ie. children talking).

Professional operation. Very comfortable, inviting room. Ambiance..excellent. Great hotel for businessmen.

Never Again
    • Deluxe Double Room

They don’t seem to mind if guests party like rockstars. We were made to feel like the guilty party when we asked to be moved to another room, since no one would stop the night club next door.

Beautiful place, comedy of errors in mismanagement
    • Traditional King Room

Terribly managed, no hot water for an entire day, room service was closed (with no warning or explanation), pool was closed (also without explanation), restaurants were closed during posted OPEN hours, smoke detector was going off for 30 minutes on the 32nd floor, we called and they said they would send security up, no one ever came, etc. It was one thing after the next, and half the staff was helpful, the other half had a "whatever" attitude, didn't know or care why things were closed that were advertised as open 365. People that had traveled a whole day in the car were unable to shower before going out walking all day, and still unable to shower after we got back, yuck! My kids ordered Macaroni in the restaurant, and an hour later they finally informed my starving kids that they didn't have Macaroni after all, 2 hours in the restaurant to finally get food, very tired kids. It was unbelievable. Beautiful place, get better customer service, I've never seen anything like this, even at a very cheap hotel.

Beautiful hotel, great views, excellent location.

The staff was accommodating to our pet.
    • Deluxe Double Room

That we had to wait for a bell hop to bring a luggage cart, not being able to do it ourselves took an extra 30 mins off our departure time. We sat waiting for a while.

The staff was accommodating to our pet.

Becouse they charge $52 extra for the parking space and...

Becouse they charge $52 extra for the parking space and suppose to be I’m don’ t has to pay extra for the parking I’m never stay in the future on the Sheraton

The location was great
    • Club King Room

I tried ordering room service twice and never got anyone to answer the phone. Was on hold for 15 minutes each time. Ended up calling a pizza delivery place to get something.

The location was great

The location was great.
    • Traditional King Room

My room was right next to the elevators. The a/c didn't seem to cool as much as I would be liked.

The location was great. Right entertainment, food, and shopping

Frustrating with the elevators but overall it was a nice stay
    • Traditional Double Room

THE ELEVATORS!!! There are 5 elevators but only one or two appeared to be working. We waited on average 15 minutes for the elevator to arrive. We ended taking the stairs from the 15th floor. The early morning bellman had an attitude. The cost of using the WiFi was ridiculous. No mini fridge and/or microwave in the room.

The check in and check out process. overall the staff was very nice. The holiday decorations were sweet and original. Where the bar was located was perfect. The bar food was delicious. Great coffee amenities in the room.

The staff was really helpful, and the hotel provides a wide...
    • Traditional Double Room

There was a huge queue to check-in, likely because there was an event going on and the hotel was full... but they should prepare for this. Also the lobby was too full and noisy, and the bistro was closed, so I had to go out to get a quiet dinner after 24h travelling, which was somewhat annoying.

The staff was really helpful, and the hotel provides a wide range of useful amenities on request. The room was spacious, clean and very silent, bed was comfortable. The check out up to 12h is quite convenient.

• Traditional Double Room

The temperature of the room was horrible. The settings must be programmed and unable to change. All three of us were so uncomfortable and therefore didn’t sleep well.

service below average. enjoyed the location and bayou classic & battle of the bands.
    • Traditional Double Room

The bathtub was stained and dirty, the room had big stain on the wall near the bed and above the door to enter into the room. The lamb shades were damaged. No one cleaned our room until after 3pm and that was only because i called to request the room to be cleaned. All they did was make the bed. No vacumming, or trash emptied.

matress, pillows, location

No, and room I was in extremely hot.
    • Traditional Double Room

No, and room I was in extremely hot. I told the check out clerk she never address me with a answer act as if I didn’t say anything. Very poor customer service

Browse Sheraton New Orleans Hotel traveller photo gallery