Reviews of Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort 3 stars

16701 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160, USA

#25 of 37 hotels in Sunny Isles Beach

I feel that they robbed me, the hotel is old and moldy,...
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

I feel that they robbed me, the hotel is old and moldy, nothing to do with the pictures that they use to advertise, I paid almost $300 for one night and my room was awful, I requested to changed rooms but they told me that they were full. They charge $25 for parking and a bunch of other fees, like hotel fee. We have to wait for the elevators like 30 min every time we used them and the pool was so busy that we could even get in. This was a bad experience

The hotel was okay but not what I expected they said 2 bed...

The service

The hotel was okay but not what I expected they said 2 bed room with 2 bath but we only got one bath and then they said they would change next day but didn’t do it

Don't go to this place!!!
    • Two Bedroom Suite Ocean Front

Every thing is horrible!! The cleanliness, we have to discard all the food because the refrigerator was broken. The A/C barely was cooling the room. Horrible beds. Next time, we will select another hotel.

The staff!!

Overall a good hotel in great location. Decor in need of refurb but still good value and a pleasants
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Having to wait for lifts at times, stains on carpet in corridors. Main breakfast room could do with refurbishment.

Great location near beach. Hotel breakfast good, shops in hotel good. Spacious rooms and comfy bed

Nice View, Great Bed, needs update badly!!
    • Classic One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

The hotel is extremely outdated nothing like the photos projected online. The hotel seems to be undergoing renovations. Our fridge and ac did not work. The bathroom was not cleaned. There are markings all over the balcony which was also chipping. I’d like to visit them again after the remodel

The View Was amazing ! The bed was extremely comfortable! The pool and ocean access is nice and convenient!

It was by far the worst hotel stay experience I’ve ever had and I would definitely not recommend it.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

The valets were rude, the staff was incredibly rude, and not surprisingly the management was by far the most rude.

The facility was nice. The amenities were great.

Tha beach
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Old rooms, carpets in the hallways and in the rooms are old and dirty, old elevators. The lobby looks fine , but the rest of the hotel is outdated

Tha beach

YOU PAY PINUTS YOU GET MONKEY.....
    • Two Bedroom Suite Ocean Front

NO WORKING AC IN THE ROOM - HIGH HUMIDITY - RUSTY FRIDGE AND WINDOWS - SLEEPERY FLOOR DO TO CONDENSATION AND NON WORKING AC - STICKY CARPET HOTEL ELEVATORS NOT WORKING PROPERLY - OVER 30 Min WAIT TO GET SPACE IN ONE ELEVATOR AT TIME OF CHECK OUT (FROM 9AM TO 11 AM) TO GET DOWN TO THE LOBBY VERY FAR FROM ANY ATTRACTION OF MIAMI - RESORT IS OLD AND NOT ATTRACTIVE BUT STILL AT THE SAME PRICE THAN ANY NICE HOTEL IN MIAMI - VALET PARKING SLOW AND NOT WELCOMING THIS IS A LOW COST HOTEL WITHOUT ANY OF THE AMENITIES THAT YOU COULD GET FROM A LOW COST.... I WOULD RECOMMEND A MOTEL BEFORE STAYING AT THIS HOTEL....

Disturbing, stressful experience.
    • Two Bedroom Suite Partial Ocean View

The hotel was old, runned down and dingy. Our room had black mold, refrigerator did not work, old musty, disgusting rugs, did not get the 2 king bedroom i booked. Very dingy, constant timeshare sales of rooms going on.Staff was rude and unaccommodating. Disturbing experience. I would beware of booking through “ booking” you are treated poorly because of it. No amenities, $45.00 cabana fee, no breakfast, and they would play very loud music very early in the courtyard.

The breakfast was good, the drinks were good, but bars were closed randomly and the staff was rude at times. For a resort bars should be open during later hours, every night it was based in the mood if the bartender.

the beach was nice and well maintained.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean Front View

front desk staff, bathroom water, telephone did not work, jacuzzi was out of order

the beach was nice and well maintained. Kitchen 305 also made our stay a lot more pleasurable with their all you can eat lobster

I paid for Oceanfront.
    • Executive Suite

I paid for Oceanfront. We got there they put us on the first floor you could literally walk right into our room from the street. I tried to upgrade there with no rooms left I had requested a higher floor initially. Twice I call to get it confirmed. When I got there all they had was obstructed on the 10th floor. Not very happy

I would never go again.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

The rooms were awful. The 'city view" we checked into had two windows high on the wall with only a roof view from our tip toes to see out, and the entire ceiling was cracked and falling. After a twenty minute wait at the desk they gave us another room but then charged us 100$ for it without asking about the up-charge. That room was very outdated and needed repairs as well. The welcome gifts promised when we booked did not exist (a free Starbucks Coffee, $ off dinner). Thank goodness we were only there one night.

The location was midway between Ft. Lauderdale Airport and the Miami Cruiseport.

Breathtaking view in my 1 bedroom suite
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

Everything was great , I had no complaints.

I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a balcony that overlooked the ocean. Absolutely fanatic breathtaking view day/night! I felt like I was at home the entire time . I could honestly say I would live in that suite !

My Wife & I have been staying here for years. It's our place to relax.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean Front View

We paid $45/day to rent cabana on the beach. The pads that cushion the seats are flat as a pancake & disgusting. I wouldn't let my dog sit on the couch in our room. It's disgusting. The pool is too warm. This hotel needs some serious updating & cleaning. Every room should have a coffee maker. You shouldn't have to ask for one.

The beach is beautiful. The lobby always smells good. Love the water flavored with fruit in the lobby. Love the Coconuts Tiki Bar by the pool. Love cabanas on the beach.

The Beach that the property is located is perfect!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Our room wasn't cleaned everyday. Towels were not given everyday. We had to call the front desk three times to get room cleaned and towels delivered. No coffee maker in room.

The Beach that the property is located is perfect!

Wish I had more time!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

The hot tub was out of service.

Location was within walking distance of great shops and food selection. Beach was great and the staff were very friendly and happy.

We won't stay at that hotel ever again!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean Front View

The staff at front desk (Amber) very rude. The valet parking staff were all rude. The parking all together was a total mess. They was no organization and always took forever to get our car. The hot tub was closed our whole stay. We didn't even have a coffee pot in the room.

The view from the balcony was amazing.

restaurants and pool bar we’re great with great staff.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

Check in took hours with minimal staff and not enough cleaning staff to have rooms ready at 4:00. Sometime our rooms were. It cleaned until 5:00 or 6:00, poor timing

restaurants and pool bar we’re great with great staff.

Disappointed
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean Front View

The room was not what I expected. It was not a one bedroom like I reserved. It was a studio separated by a half wall that was placed in there. I was very disappointed.

The oceanfront view was amazing.

Beach was great.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

The property could use some TLC. Hallways were in really rough shape. Looked really dirty. Carpets need to be replaced. Elevators were so slow. I think that the use of the beach umbrellas should be included in the resort fee.

Beach was great. Staff was great.

It doesn’t worth the money. If you still decide to go, take at least an ocean front view room
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean Front View

I paid for 4 nights over 1.200 and I was at the 11th floor on an ocean front view room. The breakfast and the parking wasn’t included in the price. The beach chairs were collected after a specific hour and they were of very poor quality and the amount of them was limited as well. I was also expecting better cleaning with all these money but only the garbage were collected and the bed was made. Sometimes not even the towels were changed. I would like more facilities in the room for example the opportunity to make your own coffee or tea. At the balcony having plastic chairs was very very cheap... many people were every day in front of reception complaining for various things. This hotel is very overvalued of what you actually get and is an old hotel. Staff and etc are exhausted and not motivated at all and actually they hear all the time complaints because the building is old and the management doesn’t do anything to make the improvements which are needed

The only thing that really kept me from leaving the same very moment that I arrived was the amazing view. It was breathtaking! Except this, the prices are really really overvalued of what you actually get... and it doesn’t worth at all if you don’t have ocean front view room.

If you're looking for a hotel with direct beach access don't expect much from the resort this is you
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

The hotel was very dated from the pool towels and chairs to the hallways exterior of the building the rooms we did notice some construction and remodeling going on in the rooms much-needed. The hotel needs a serious makeover

The location of the hotel with Direct access to the beach was very nice close to dining

Location is great. Hotel is old.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

It was outdated. Wifi was bad in the room. Very few tv channels. Just not worth the $350 per night.

Sunny Isles beach is perfect to stay at if you want to be enjoying a nice beach, not overcrowded. Bartender is generous on the portions of the alcohol.

This resort is extremely great I enjoyed lunch on the...

This resort is extremely great I enjoyed lunch on the boardwalk restaurant, the beach was amazing and the bar by the pool as well. I like that there is jet skying at the resort and other activities. The rooms exceeded my expectations it was very clean and just as is on picture or better. I would definitely be going back this summer. I really enjoyed my time here.

Staff was friendly.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

Staff was friendly.... Room was clean... very helpful staff when needed. Martin at the Front desk took good care of us upon arrival he deserves a raise!

Staff were great-friendly, helpful--they were the best!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean Front View

Place is very run down. Needs a serious renovation. Hot Tub was not working throughout our 15 day stay and was filled with filthy water. Even the pool was closed on one day. Elevator inspection was seriously out of date. Outsiders came through the lobby to access the beach and left their trash everywhere. It seems like the management just wants to get every dollar they can out of the place.

Staff were great-friendly, helpful--they were the best!

Sad to say but we were glad we were staying only one night.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

The day of checkout there was one working elevator out of three. We had to take the elevator up to ensure we could get on, just to get to lobby level. The 4th floor is very old and outdated. The room was clean but also outdated.

The lobby was nice. Staff to assist with an excursion was helpful along with someone to help us to get to the airport.

Beautiful place, stunning beach but hotel dated
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Hotel is dated, staff were unhelpful at times, water ran green in the bath tub, windows on the outside of room were filthy. If I didn't leave the pull out bed out it wouldn't get made which meant we never had a sofa to sit on.

Location is perfect!

Definitely run down resort (rooms wise) not the friendliest staff, will def book elsewhere
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

Front desk rep weren’t very friendly, self parking was across the street ( busy intersection) our room cable signal kept going off, we were refused new towels Bc they were closing however another “appealing” guest was able to be accommodated by same associate at the towel hut by the pool, walls are paper thin we could literally hear our neighbors, and lastly we booked a “city view” room which was overlooking the roof top of the building next to us and a parking garage definitely not what the pictures showed.

Right on the beach, walking distance to port, nice pool, close to stores, restaurants/ spas on site, housekeeping were friendly , it was also a relief that we were able to get a rollaway crib

It was uncomfortable.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

Room old and worn. Bed horrible I need a chiropractor for my back it was so uncomfortable. The bed linens and pillows were horrible. 1 sheet and comforter was as thin as a sheet. The pillows were small square lumps. Not sufficient for a king size bed. No coffee pot in room. The pool towels were like dish RAGS old and worn. The pool lounges were also worn and slouchy. After the second day I asked consierge if all room were the same. She replied no. I think we were housed in a lessor room because it was booked with. Booking . Com. Very loud guests next door didn’t help either

Pool beach restaurant on premises

Due to the fact that it was a getaway with my spouse, the hotel experience was horrible
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

Everything else, the service was horrible especially the front desk guy. The pictures are out dated. The price was too much, hotel needs repairs.

The tiki huts

The beds were excellent , the room was great!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

The hot water in the tub/shower was not hot ,had to get maintenance to adjust it. Ok after that, just ok!

The beds were excellent , the room was great!

Great access to the beach
    • Classic Executive Suite

They charge 18 percent gratuity for everything even when you pick up an order. If the service is bad I shouldn’t have pay 18 percent.

Great access to the beach

A lot of fun minus the rooms.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

The couches needed to be changed as well as the carpet! Windows needed to be cleaned from the outside!

The rooms where very dark!! Please put lights in the rooms. Stubbed my toe a couple of times!!

Hotel room was very clean and the maids did a great job of...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

Be careful of the extra charges in the hotel. We only ate at the tiki bar one time by the pool and they automatically charge 18% to the bill. Food and beverages are pretty expensive, so we ate out other places for most of the trip. However, you do get a decent sized fridge in the room, so we hit up the local grocery store to get lunches and snacks for the week. Staff was helpful, but not engaging or friendly when you go to the counter. I don’t think i saw one of the concierges ever smile while we were there.

Hotel room was very clean and the maids did a great job of cleaning it every day. Beach has a lot of free chairs to use. Great location.. not too far from Miami or Hollywood Beach. Also have a free service to hold all your luggage, which was nice. We got there on a Saturday and got to check in a couple hours early, which was also a major plus!

The beach.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Smell in the hallway and rooms. Dirty/old carpet. Tiny shower. Ridiculous prices for a mediocre breakfast. Apathetic/ not service minded staff

The beach. Location

Superb location on the beach. Hotel does the job and is comfortable.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean Front View

Slightly dated decor and room was not ready when we arrived at 5pm after travelling for 16 hours. Food and drink slightly expensive but in keeping with Miami in general.

Superb location right on the beach. Definitely worth paying extra for an ocean view room. The sunrise was fantastic from the balcony. Large comfy bed and great to have a bath when traveling with a baby. Hotel had all the amenities that are needed. Decor is slightly dated but seems to be in line with a lot of Hotels in US. Lovely pier with a fantastic restaurant serving fresh seafood. Nothing much else in the immediate area if you are on foot. We stayed for 3 nights which was fine but anything past, we would have rented a car. Outdoor pool was lovely and warm which was perfect for our 8 month old son.

Great beach and ocean views
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

The resteraunts were highly priced for families on vacation even bottled water. The room we stayed in was low budget looking even though we paid $400 a night .

Loved the beach and the spa . The ocean view from patio was amazing!

A refreshing surprise
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean Front View

Valet was a little slow sometimes, but not horrible

My check in process was great thanks to Brionna P. Very friendly and always a smile. The location was great, steps from the beach. Request a renovated room above the 6th floor with a ocean view, it was amazing.

Maids were very rude and would skip my room multiple times...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean Front View

Maids were very rude and would skip my room multiple times even when I left for hours . I put my dog in the bathroom so they could come in while I was gone , but they refused to . I then had to leave the room for multiple hours and ask them to come clean before night was there

The beach was lovely, but I'm not going back.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean Front View

The photos of this resort are very outdated! The room had old carpet, old furniture, not well kept up. The hotel pushes their timeshare with their welcome packet. Don't bother picking it up. Big "Resort Fee" that I could not find in my original booking agreement. That may be a Florida state thing, but I couldn't find anything about it in the booking. The self-parking is across the street, but they don't make it clear where, so know how to get there before you go. I looked into a couple of rooms without the beach view and they seemed nicer, so go with those if you are going to stay. Don't pay extra for the beach view or the higher floors. We did and only got as high up as 6th floor. They apparently had some damage from the last hurricane on the outside of the building because part of the front top of the building is still missing. Give yourself plenty of time to check in or out if you will be arriving or leaving during regular business hours.

The custodial staff was lovely, but you can only make old look so good. Good location if you are planning on splitting your time between Fort Lauderdale and Miami area.

Great location and friendly staff.
    • Classic Two Bedroom Suite Partial Ocean View

This resort needs updating. I read this on trip advisor and it’s true., carpet and paint would go along way.

Great location and friendly staff. Jonathon and the valet staff were great and his recommendation for Cuban food was a 10. Bar area is terrific with a bartender that made you feel welcome.

Dumpy and outdated. A very low rent feel to it. We will not be coming back.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with City View

Facility is a disaster and dumpy. Elevators are slow and too crowded. Hallways were dingy, and rooms were extremely dated. It is a very low rent experience overall. Staff tries hard but the place needs to be bulldozed. They are likely just biding their time as there are some newer residential facilities next door that are new. I would not be surprised if this is knocked down in the upcoming years. It is that bad.

Decent beach and pool. Lobby and entrance area were reasonably updated. Not a terrible area but far from the north/south beach activities.

only location with great view
    • Two Bedroom Suite Ocean Front

resort is not just old, but poorly maintained, very dirty, long waits for elevators , disgustingly dirty carpeting everywhere, all seemed to be falling apart, needs complete demolition/rebuilt or full reconstruction

only location with great view

Resort concentrated on making $$ not returning guests.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Toilet clogged 2 x , room not changed nor was any rebate offered. More than 1/2 vacation wasted waiting for repair. Fire alarm was sent off by ax , we were told, no formal announcement, no fire department announcement, disrupted from vAcation again and no accommodation made to guests.

Close to beach

Wouldn;t go there again.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

Expensive food and drinks! Breakfast for two $48.. come on! Room needed remodeling as did the hall carpet which was old and wrinkled. Couldn't get coffee until after 7am. Had to go across the street to a gas station for coffee and snacks. Way too many add on taxes to the bill.

Pool and ocean were great.

The lobby is nice and nothing else, needs a deep refit!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

The lobby is nice and nothing else, needs a deep refit! Fortunately the staff is very good and price of the room is not too high, that compensate a little bit!

The pool area & ocean front
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

The hotel needs some updating-paint & carpet, caulking around the bath tub, new faucets in the bathroom. Staff wasn't friendly but we've decided we are spoiled being from the Midwest as other restuarant staff was the same.

The pool area & ocean front

Relaxing and fun
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

Customer svc could hv been better

Despite the bad reviews...I'm glad i stayed to find out for myself...i luv the location...i would stay at newport again.

Location and great access to beach, pier and restaurants and...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

Run down, expensive room rate, then additional resort fees and parking, elevator down

Location and great access to beach, pier and restaurants and shopping

Hit or miss with your room type , but very comfortable beds.
    • Classic One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

Was in an old musty outdated room. I felt like I was in a time warp for the late 70's or mid 80's.

Location is great, onsite restaurants are pretty good.

Beautiful place to stay
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

I did not like how rude the staff came off at times. Everyone seemed so rude. All the time.

I loved the easy access to the beach and the location. There were ton of things that you could walk to.

This place was a crowded madhouse the entire time we were there.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

Pool and especially hot tub were completely undersized for a resort like this. There were always too many people at the hot tub to even fit inside the tiny pool of hot water. Also, the elevators were undersized, and the front desk was understaffed.

Beautiful beach, outdated hotel.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

Time to update their rooms! I knew when booking that this wasn’t an updated hotel but the rooms are quite dingy. Dark colours just made it feel a lot darker and smaller. Hopefully it’s not a common occurance but we weren’t able to check into our room until 5pm (an hour later) - and no apology given.

Beach and the pool are just steps apart. Easy access to both. Fresh beach towels daily were great and a good amount of beach chairs were always available. Pool was heated for our stay in March so night swimming was fun when the pool was less busy. Loved having a fridge and microwave in the room. Parking is across the road and lots of spaces were available (only annoying part is waiting for the very long light to change to cross the road).

The location of the hotel was perfect.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

The hot tub was disgusting. I only dipped my toes in because I could not see the bottom because it was so foggy and on the days I could see the bottom it was filled with sand. You need to get to the beach at a decent time because once beach chairs run out (which you have to grab by yourself) you are sol. The room met all of my needs, for a young adult. The rooms are definitely not suitable for families or someone with very high standards. Our heat did not work, I turned it up to 90 one day and was still cold. I did find a stain on the bed and on the curtain. All the maids did was make the bed and take out the trash. Nothing was ever wiped down or if anything else was needed to be cleaned up it was not.

The location of the hotel was perfect. You are by restaurants that was walking distance, but you’re not in a crowded spring break area (which I was worried about). The hotel is right on the beach which was perfect with a huge pool area. Great place to relax.

Would suggest it to others. Better get ocean view or at least party ocean view.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

At first we were given a room cheaper, then the one we payed for. Only after we pointed it out, they apologized, said that all the good rooms were takes today and moved us into it the next day. So all ended well. WiFi was rather slow sometimes , at certain moment even very slow.

Great place, all more or less clean and comfortable. Would suggest it to others. Better get ocean view or at least party ocean view. Cheap 'city view' rooms are not as tidy and have very loud ac.

Location on the beach next to the pier was nice
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

The rooms were fair quality. Very musty smelling and no way to open the windows to get some fresh air.

Location on the beach next to the pier was nice

I will not be back.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

Room decor outdated, carpet filthy and coming apart. Pool bathrooms filthy, not cleaned daily. Never was able to get a beach chair and you had to race to get a pool chair. The elevators are old and act like they are going to break. Hidden fees when you check in that are not explained when booking so be ready to spend an additional 125.00 per day.

The beach is cleaned every morning and the ocean is fantastic.

nice except for the jacuzzi
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

The jacuzzi did not work at all. when i filled up the tub and turned on the jacuzzi the water exploded and flooded the entire bathroom. when I turned off the water there were small black pieces on the bottom of the tub which I assume came out of the jacuzzi pipes. It could be that the dial on the inside of the tub had been set too high but I didn't even see that dial until i emptied the tub.

nice pillows.

Old, worn and dated facility. Exterior top ledge broken and half missing.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with City View

Very worn and dated. Carpets in room very dirty, we did not remove our foot ware. Furniture, fixtures and bathroom unclean with layers of dust on electrical outlets.

Right in the beach

Hotel in need of upgrades and a renewed focus on their guest instead of their ow
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

The staff seemed to be more interested in pushing their own vacation club, restaurant, and amenities than attending to our wants and needs. This was the first place that I've stayed from which there was no help on finding an outside restaurant recommendation. The hotel is also in desperate need of some upkeep - the carpet was dingy and had a large stain on it, there was paint peeling from the bathroom ceiling, and the balcony and furniture were dirty and not inviting at all to use.

Beach and pool nice
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

Initial room horrible with broken worn out furniture they changed after complaining Too few staff long waiting lines Too far from everything

Beach and pool nice

We really enjoyed the family friendly resort. As a whole it is beautifully located. We will be back!
    • Two Bedroom Suite Partial Ocean View

Wish the hot tub was larger given the size of the hotel. Also wish for the cost of the food & portion size matched. I felt as though it was over priced. I would have purchased more items over our 6 day stay but felt eating elsewhere was more filling.

We loved the option to be on the beach or poolside and they were only steps apart! The beds were comfortable and staff was friendly!

Great beach!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

The rooms were outdated, the AC wasn’t good/strong enough to cool the room. NOT ENOUGH BEACH CHAIRS! You had to fight for them- as well as they started collecting them at 3pm off the beach- not good when you’re on vacation and spending that kinda of money during school vacation!

The bed and extra pull out bed were a great fit and comfortable

Nice stay for a week; still need a car if you want to do anything outside of the hotel.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

The morning breakfast restaurant was just ok. I ordered the a la carte breakfast in the restaurant instead of the buffet; I always had to send it back because it wasn't hot. I would have appreciated being able to prepare a coffee for myself in the hotel room in the evenings.

Good location. I liked having Starbucks in the hotel to get my morning coffee. Lots of nearby places to walk to for shopping or eating.

The beach access was great and the pier was a plus.
    • Two Bedroom Suite Partial Ocean View

Roaches in room, clogged bath, broken balcony door. I booked a partial view but was given a view of a ugly roof and parking lot. Not works $1500.00 i paid for 5 nights. Very busy motel check in check out was a nightmare. Elevators are old and broken and make lots of noyse very scary. Will never stay here again i wold rather take that money and go to Key West.

The beach access was great and the pier was a plus. God housekeeping making our beds every day . But that is about it

Will never stay at this property again...lesson learned.
    • Classic One-Bedroom Suite with City View

Our room #831 leaked water from both the ceiling upstairs as well as the tub in the bathroom. Water was all over the sink, toilet, and floor. The management is completely aloof regarding the terrible condition this property is in. The rooms are in dire need of updating, the floors needed a good vacuuming. The walls are scuffed and covered in repair marks from so many times being repaired. The entire building is very very tired and either needs to be sold to someone to tear it down or this company needs to invest in fixing this place. I have seen Motel 6 rooms that are cleaner and in better condition. The windows had not been cleaned in ages, could not get a clear view of the ocean at all. The sheets on the bed did not even fit the mattress. As we pulled the sheets back, it did not even have a fitted sheet on the bed...just a flat sheet over the mattress that was 1 size too small. Where there was a tube style TV in an armoire now only has a big square hole...and a new flat screen on a dresser off to the side. The TV remote never worked, could not change the channels or adjust the volume...but it did turn the TV on and off. When we reported the water leaks, 3 different "Engineers" came to our room, not one apologized nor made any attempt to clean it up. Simply looked around and agreed there was a leak then disappeared. Not to mention the HEAD engineer came in smelling of weed. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do yourself a favor and keep looking for a better place. Newport Beachside hotel is not worth the money they charge. Based on this experience, we will be very cautious when using Booking.com as well. Enough lousy experiences.

The property is located right on the beach for quick access to the water.

dirty, facility in disrepair (carpets torn, lights not...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

dirty, facility in disrepair (carpets torn, lights not working, A/C wiring exposed, etc.) WiFi was very slow and unreliable (got disconnected repeatedly).

Poor customer service
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! First night arriving there we had no bath towels in our room, we called twice to request towels and they never brought any. The next morning I requested towels again and we still didn’t receive any for part of the day, so we had to find house keeping ourselves and ask for towels. WE ALSO BOUGHT BREAKFAST VOUCHERS THROUGH BOOKING.COM AND THEY COULDNT FIND OUR VOUCHERS SO WE WERENT ABLE TO HAVE BREAKFAST AT THE RESORT.

The location was amazing.

Worst hotel ever. Would not recommend

A resort can be old and not renovated and still be kept clean . This was not the case with anything we experienced ! A pit stop for cruises for overnight or day stay. Very deceiving pictures of spaces that were nothing like the pictures.and rooms poorly kept . Rude overworked staff and had an attitude with anything that was asked. The constant commotion from daily check in and check outs in this small space made it a terrible place to relax and wind down. Terrible all around service and not run well. So sad I made this out vacation spot.

poorly run hotel with rude staff and too many people coming and going down elevators with luggage from cruises. Waited a long time each morning to get in and out of elevators to a busy small lobby filled with people and luggage.. Beds uncomfortable old worn out mattresses and all was dirty and smelled bad. Not worth the money! Not worth any money. The beach proximity was the only good thing about it but lost sun early before other hotels due to tall building next door nothing good. Beach chairs dirty difficult to get.

Great Location to sunbath

Pool bathroom ...yuck Beach chair staff...Lazy

Location is great on Beach and next to Beach Bar for Lunch. The staff was very friendly in most cases...the pool bar staff was outstanding. However the beach chair staff was awful. I love they add the gratuity in advance to every bill (18%). It is less than I would normally tip service staff. Sunbathing tip: If you plan to sunbath into the late afternoon. Place you chair as close to ocean and to the right side (looking at ocean) as he shadows fort he adjoining 40 story building (lePerla) cast a shadow on the beach in the afternoon.

This hotel was just perfect from check in to check out.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

This hotel was just perfect from check in to check out. The staff were so friendly. My flight came in early and they offered to hold my luggage until my room was ready, and that allowed me to lounge by the oceanfront pool. So happy with my choice to stay here! I will be back!

First it’s not my first but this time for the money I pays I...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with City View

First it’s not my first but this time for the money I pays I should received at least breakfast but I spoke with the front desk and for some reasons I can’t get any answer this time front desk wasn’t so polite like before

We may go back to Sunny Isles, but not this hotel. Too run down for the dollars.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean Front View

This resort was almost $300.00 per night. The building was deteriorating. The furniture had peeling vinyl. The elevator buttons didn't light up. Just was not well maintained and we were lead to believe this was a 3-star hotel. NOT!!!!

The balcony view was nice. The beach was nice.

ok, great location, staffing are overwhelmed
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

parking was a nightmare as really only valet ( or self park still at same fee across busy intersection) not enough valets, long waits to get car...front desk manager (African American woman) seemed angry and upset with negative attitude

Browse Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort traveller photo gallery