Reviews of Night Hotel Times Square 3 stars

157 West 47th Street, New York, NY 10036, USA

#344 of 415 hotels in New York

• Superior Queen

Very expensive, but I appreciate that is the case when the location is so good - however would have expected more. Tiny rooms, with little room to manoeuvre. Lacking many basic hotel facilities in the room. Building works occurring right outside, therefore very very noisy.

Excellent location, step outside right into Times Square.

• Standard Full

We were on the second floor so we didn’t have views, but they even offered to change us the next day to another room a little bit higher.

The hotel situation is the best, with a subway entry in front of it’s door. The room was not so big but it was enough. Their attention is great (they keep your luggage the day of check put, help you with resteurants or shuttle...).

• Standard Full

Very small rooms nothing inside no cooler no coffee machine. And extremely noisy. There is instructions starts every 7:00 am morning

Location and clean

• Superior City View Queen

The hotel is half as fancy as it looks online. I had to pay a deposit of 100 $ with my credit card, which i did not get back yet (11 days after check out) The windows are really bad, so you hear ALL the noise from outside... really loud!

The hotel is roght next to times square

• Superior Queen

Blocked drain, air conditioner failure. Mountains of garbage in front of entrance. Tiny space in the room, can’t even move or put luggages. Light in the room is so dim.

• Superior Queen ADA

Very small elevators. Didn’t bother me but similar elevator elsewhere soured my husband on another very nice hotel. People near us slammed doors a lot, but can’t fault hotel for that. Not the first hotel without in-room coffee or need to get ice from front desk (less water waste, I’m sure!) so not a biggie.

We like staying so close to Times Square. Less street noise than I have experienced elsewhere. Very friendly staff. Comfortable beds. Beautiful lobby. Clean. I was very pleased with the room rate, too. Will definitely consider staying here again.

• Superior King

Time Square is only steps away. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable. Would stay here again. Your are close to everything...Times Square, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Central Park, Empire State Building, etc.

Room was a little bit small (but still great for a NY hotel). The room was close to the street, and the room sometimes had a bad small (probably due to the restaurants exhaust fans).

The hotel is really close to Times Square! It was easy getting to places (walking or subway). Staff was really friendly!

• Standard Full

Reservation said the room was 16 sq meters, but is was barely 10. The bed was not flat more like a pit towards the center. The were missing promised amenities like iPod dock and bathrobes. I complained and the following day they moved me to another room. Amenities as promised and ok bed. But the room was still tiny 10 sq meters. Considering all above the hotel is overpriced

Location is super! it is 50 meters from Times square! Nice big lobby.

• Standard Full

Room was very very small. Noise level was what would be expected of a Manhattan hotel

Location was excellent just at the back of the red steps in Times Square.

• Deluxe City View King

Construction next door very loud. Was ok once I switched to another room which was a little smaller. Not all staff the friendliest but the porters were very nice

• Standard Full

The room was tiny. Limited access to rooms by lift due to the size and then a temporary closure of one lift which lasted our 5 days there.

The location was great and right in the middle of time square, so close to lots of restaurants, etc. Staff were very friendly and the rooms clean. The size of the room was tiny we could hardly fit our luggage in the room with us. The elevator was tiny so there were long waits to get to the room and then one of them broke down so we had to climb flights of stairs each time we came in or out of the room. Other than that it was a nice stay.

• Standard Full

Horrible lighting in the room, Cleaning staff turned off AC everyday, Cockroach was found in bathroom, the use of only 1 elevator for 5 days out of 7, Conceirge Service hours to short, room tiny no suit case rack only 8 hangers

Location was fantastic hotel was clean

• Mini Full

There was allot I did not like the main thing was how they did not value medical needs. I asked and was told at time of booking that I would be able to have a fridge in my room for my medication that had to be kept at a certain temp. At time of booking I was told that would not be an problem even though I was checking in late at 6pm. Well when I arrived there was no fridge for my medication and I was told there was nothing they could do. The front desk girl was very rude and not understanding that this was a medical need. My medication was ruined and I was out hundreds of dollars and my health was put at risk. Not ok. Really not ok. I did my part by calling many times to ensure I would get a fridge and was dismissed when I checked in. This was a huge mishap on there behalf. They did not even seem to care either which was the worst. Never tried to make things right. Very bad customer service. Other things that went wrong was that the elevators kept breaking down and we were located on the 8th floor so we had to climb up and down each time to go to our room with a child in hand. They just do not seem to have there act together.

I like that the hotel was close to Times square.

• Standard Full

The walls are paper thin so you can sometimes hear your neighbours but I heard them once or twice during my stay (going in and out of the room). The airco is quite loud though so I had to turn it off at night to be able to sleep.

Small room, but everything was clean and comfortable. Decent working airco and great music system in the room. Did not hear any noise from the streets!

• Superior Queen

There was construction going on at 6 AM right outside my window. There was mold on the ceiling in the bathroom, the wallpaper was dingy as well as the carpet in the rooms. They didn't have a convenience store inside the hotel so you couldn't even purchase a bottle of water. The bellman kept hitting on me (and it was unwanted). An the elevators needed maintenance as they were very slow, and none of the button lights lite. up. I will not be back.

• Superior King

Room was the smallest NYC room ever. Nothing like being on the 3rd floor over night road work. No sleep at all. Bathroom was the size of my shower at home.

Interesting bar area. Completely uninhabited.

• Deluxe City View King

The additional taxes that have to be paid after the room has been paid in advance.

Very comfortable in a larger room, but a bit pricey. However in the price range of similar hotels in the area.

• Standard Full

W-lan in the bedroom is terrible, it is something to consider improving. There were moments that was impossible to access internet because of painfully slow speed. Please improve it. It was a little bit expensive for a 3 star hotel but again, the location is amazing, you’re exactly in Times Square. Not very spacious room (I don’t mind because I was only there to sleep) but if you want something spacious probably this is not the thing for you.

Location is the best Bed is comfortable. Not the most modern hotels I’ve been but honest/acceptable bedroom. There is a Chinese restaurant on the first floor, the food is delicious. Staff was nice.

• Standard Full

Beware the rooms are so small & we had 3 room changes as the first room was so very small & the next we checked into hadn't been cleaned & had a very strong smell of urine & 3rd room was slightly bigger than first room & overlooked a construction site which was very noisy from around 7am.

We loved the location which is the best thing about this place along with the staff. Staff were extremely helpful, friendly & very efficient👍

• Standard Full

Very dark, small rooms. Noisy due to construction and generally poor sound proofing. We had to move a few times due to a leak then no wifi though the staff were v helpful and obliging and compensated us with free breakfast. Final room had great wifi and was slightly bigger. No facilities- gym down the street. Chinese restaurant next door. No vending machines etc.

Central location and friendly staff

• Mini Full

The elevators are tiny. It can fit 6 skinny people at one time. That's also something you have to take into account if you're on your way to a show. Allow up to 10 minutes elevator time. The shower was a good size, but shaped a little weird. It was a little narrow. Good water pressure.

The bed was extra comfy. I had to force myself to get up and pack to leave. I had a room for one person and it was super-cute, even had nice artwork. Room 921. I only stayed one night and saw two Broadway shows. Even though it would be 10-minute walk to get to any show, because of the heavy, heavy foot traffic, it takes a good 40 minutes, if you know exactly where it is.. They were dong construction on the street and the hotel provides you with earplugs. My accommodations were SO much better than Row NYC, where they gave me stained sheets and the shower was laughable, it was so small.

• Standard Full

Wi-Fi in the room is awful. Didn’t work well as we were always loosing signal and when it worked was really slow. Elevators also need a check, kept waiting long times.

Location is undoubtedly the top for this hotel, a metro station and Times Square within walking distance is great. Room as expected with comfortable bed and all amenities needed.

• Standard Full

Should have mentioned building another hotel next door.

Very comfy bed. Room was a bit small. Clean all round. Staff excellent. Car service to JFK very good. Breakfast standard but adequate. Very enjoyable stay and wonderful staff at reception.

• Standard Full

No coffee maker in room .but the stall on corner has good coffee and tea,the elevator not great

The staff very helpful. the location is excellent.very relaxing lobby.our shower was great

• Superior City View Queen

See below and lighting in the room and bathroom was too dim.

Location was great. Unfortunately there was construction just outside the hotel and this was very noisy. We asked to be moved after the first night to a room that was further from the noise. That did help for sure. We would have really like a free breakfast option. Pillows were hard. The room was fine and bathroom was good.

• Superior Queen

The rooms are very dated and extremely small. Everything is very old. The construction happening outside starts very early in the morning and goes very late into the night!

Richard at the front desk was amazing and Crystal the housekeeping supervisor was so sweet.

• Superior Queen

The room was incredibly small. Besides, at the moment the hotel is in the middle of a super noisy construction area; it's impossibile to stay in the room due to the noise you hear from construction works in the street. We booked for 5 nights and went away immediately after having seen the room and heard the unbearable noise. Choose some other hotel.

Location; hall

• Superior Queen

They double charged my card, and now they will not answer. That is a $620 night in a hotel that smelled bed, was in the middle of a bunch of construction, was small even for the city, and had terribly unfriendly staff. I do not mind staying at down scale places by any means, but to be down scale and then steal money? You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Have a lovely day you low life scum-bags.

• Standard Full

No coffe available. Construction on both sides of building. Had to walk to 7th Avenue to get a cab due to traffic/construction.

Location to theater district

• Superior Queen

windows are thin, it's really loud breakfast for $16 is a JOKE. Motel 6 has a better breakfast then that!

The staff is super nice and helps with solutions for any problem:-)

• Standard Full

Rooms were super small and the floor of the bathroom were nasty. Bring slippers when staying here.

Right at Times Square near the broadway shows ticket sales stairs. Subway trains very close.

• Deluxe City View King

The suggested room was too small for the 3 of us. The room did not have any amenities like a coffee maker or mini fridge because of the lack of size. Also, there was very loud construction next door that we were completely unaware of. Looks like that construction will run into 2020.

• Superior Queen

The facilities in the hotel itself were quite basic, and I didn't find the staff carrying out check-in or check-out to be particularly welcoming or friendly. I also didn't like that the luggage guard asked for a tip. If i receive good service, I will tip - I won't tip because I am asked to.

The location of the hotel was absolutely perfect - right next to Times Square. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were adequately equipped. When we arrived, the guests in the room next to us were smoking, which smelled very strongly in our room. When I reported this to staff, they were extremely helpful and dealt with the problem straight away.

• Standard Full

There was building work at going on next door to the apartment that we were not told about. Every morning at 6:30am we were woken up by a thudding noise that was relentless. Not very nice to wake up to in the morning. Rooms were also very small but kind of expected.

Location was perfect on Times Square

• Superior King

The lighting was a little dim.

The bed was so comfortable and the sheets so soft! I loved the location of the hotel. I appreciated that the staff let us check- in early.

• Superior Queen

Only bad thing was that our room was right next to a construcion site, so very noisy starting 5am

Staff very helpful and kind. Position is perfect, right next to Times Square.

• Standard Full

Room was literally like a box. They had clearly forgotten that we had a child with us - no travel cot, no extra bedding etc. It was so small that we had to take turns to walk around the room when getting ready. There was also no way to alter the room's temperature - the thermostat would change numbers but the room temperature didn't alter, so it was boiling hot throughout the night, and very noisy when the window was open. Also had an awful customer service experience before our arrival. Would definitely not recommend.

It's a great location.

• Deluxe City View Two Full Beds

To much noise, the beds could be bigger given that a pay for a room for three people.

The location is like meters from Times Square, the cleniness, hot water in the shower, friendly staff

• Deluxe City View Two Full Beds

No in room coffee. Should have been alerted about major construction next door. Loud early in the morning. Street noise very loud as windows were not sealed allowing air and noise into room. Bathroom poorly designed. No TV guide.

Location,location,location. Concierge very helpful. Bed comfortable. Requested refrigerator and one was brought to room.

• Mini Full

Few maintenance issues in my room, some screws missing on bits or plug sockets not working. Also would have been nice if our room had a safe in it.

Extremely close to Times Square like a 30 second walk. Staff were friendly and helped us with anything we needed. Plus the ambience of the reception area was relaxing.

• Deluxe City View King

The room was underwhelming and didn't meet expectations. It also felt old. I could feel the floor was broken underneath my feet as I entered the room. The construction taking place next door was very loud as well (they do provide earplugs though). Also it was advertised that they have a Fitness room but it is actually in another hotel a few blocks away. That was one of the main reasons I booked this hotel and for them not to have it on property was a massive inconvenience.

The location is great! You are within walking distance of Times Square. The staff is also friendly and helpful.

• Standard Full

The biggest complaint Is the Noisy Aircon/heater , bed linen were very coarse fabric, lack of facilities in room and hotel (eg:gym), wallpaper dated or peeled off

Location was unbeatable.

• Standard Full

I brought my little pillow to put between my two knees and I forgot my pillow under the sheets in the morning the cleaning lady has taken my pillow with the sheets. I talked with the housekeeper and she said the pillow is probably at the laundry. It’s not my problem, I spent 30$ for this new pillow, they should reduced my bill by this amount for my satisfaction. Salle de bain très petite et pas de place pour mettre nos produits

• Deluxe City View King

The room faces the rubbish on the street, old and neglected furniture, an unclean floor in the amatya, brown water coming out of the hot water, and worst of all, a terrible noise from 6 am, the hotel is aware of it but does not say anything, the room has earplugs.

I was allowed to stay until 13:30 instead of 12

• Superior Queen

Nobody told me that next to the hotel big machines where drilling in stone starting at 7:00 pm till 5:00 am every day (not in the weekend). Even with the ear protection given by the hotel the sound was overwhelming. I could not even hear my TV at maximum volume. There was a hole in the floor close to the bathroom. I almost did trip over it. The water tap was loose in the bathroom. There was no cup to hold my brush (it was there the next day though). The shelf holding the shampoo was loose, so everything I placed on it slided down in the sink. The room was small. I am not sure if that is quite common in New York. With the shower curtain closed, there was very little space to shower.

The room was kept clean and looked nice. There was an iron, small table, good audio system, bathrobe. The staff was nice to me. The location was next to the Times Square, so close to where I needed to be.

• Standard Full

i went with my wife and one kid and we booked the standard Full room which i was thinking is enough for us but its to small so we upgrade to queen room which is much better than standard room and paid extra so if you are with kids go for queen ir king rooms not standard rooms but its New york And construction going on beside hotel so to much noise in morning time

The location is so closed to time square just 2 min walk and everything close to main locations like 10 mins walk to central park

• Mini Full

The facilities were a little dirty-run down. There was some confusion by the staff during check out involving over charging my credit card. But, the management staff seem to fix it.

The hotel's location is it's biggest benefit.

• Standard Full

The lift was slow, and often bypassed your floor The lack of natural light was a tad claustrophobic in the daytime

The location of the hotel is excellent, although the neighbouring building works are unfortunate and do start early in the morning but ear plugs are supplied by the hotel which helps. Very comfortable beds and fantastic shower! Our room was small, but well laid out, nicely decorated and adequate for what you need. There is also a $16 breakfast buffet, but we didn't try this.

• Standard Full

There was construction going on and my room was literally shaking. The noise was unbareable. That and the AC machine which sounded like a tractor. The rooms are advertised as being 14 square meters but we measured and it was only 11. The first room I dated in was in complete pitch black darkness because of the scaffolding and the scaffolding covers. I changed rooms to another one but the bed was warped and was uncomfortable and again the noise unbareabke even with the ear plugs they provided.

• Standard Full

Perhaps the noisiest hotel you’ll ever stay in. Construction site on one side and completely covered with scarfholding on the other side with no natural light or air coming through. You literally open the window to black scarfholding boards. Banging noises start at 8am.. AC noise is totally unbearable so don’t plan to sleep while having it on. On the bright side, ear plugs are provided ;) Tiny rooms with a very low maintenance. You can tell staff is frustrated from constant requests of guests to change rooms.

Location! Very comfortable bed. The Asian restaurant on site serves nice traditional Chinese food.

• Standard Full

Lack of storage, luckily we had carry on baggage size cases anything else we wouldn't have been able to store in the room. We had to keep our clothes in the bags as the cupboard was only big enough for the iron and ironing board.

Perfect for location to everything synonymous of New York. Times Square, Central Park a short walk away. Very easy to find from the subway which we took from JFK. Rooms clean and comfortable walk in shower good and hot with good choice of amenities.

• Superior Queen

there was a roach in my room on the first day about 2 hours after I checked in. I killed it and went to the manager. Manager gave me an upgrade to a bigger room. In my next room, randomly at 2 am, water came rushing through the light fixture onto the floor. When I called the manager, because I thought something was wrong, he said "it's normal". The elevators don't work well. I hope no one gets stuck in the future. the room key seems to get deactivated if it's in the same room as your cell phone. The paid for breakfast is pretty bad. You'd be better off going the the fox building next door and eating at fresh. There is a deposit required at check in that I did not see listed on booking.com

The bed was comfortable to me. I slept well. The location is the best part about this hotel. It's next to the fox building and not far from rockefeller plaza, the nbc building, the today show, radio city, etc. I had a conference at the Marriott, and it only took me like 5 minutes to walk there. All of times square is steps away. the housekeeping ladies are nice. I usually don't like to have cleaning, but they gave me the things that I asked for.

Size of room but this was resolved by hotel staff from 2nd day onwards

Room a little small, although we did get an upgrade which was much better size for a couple! Would recommend Queen size rooms for couple as double rooms very small, difficult to open suitcase

• Superior Queen

The room was smaller than expected. The front desk staff are not as accommodating nor warm too.

The location was great! Walking distance to all the broadway shows and times square. The bed is comfortable however the room is small.

• Mini Full

Early morning noise. The window looked onto an adjoining building, the wall between was cover with rubbish that had been discarded.

The location of was perfect and the room was very clean, staff very friendly too

• Superior City View Queen

They are building a hotel right next door so if you visit in 2018 expect that there will be a lot of construction noise in addition to the Times Square noise.

Excellent location and the rooms were very comfortable.

• Superior Queen

The rooms were TINY. Smaller than expected but then again, it is NYC and you are right in Times Square.

You couldn't get a better location. It was perfect!

• Superior Queen

The room does not have a properly working cooling unit and without opening windows the room was stuck at 77 or 80. After the windows open, we enjoyed our sleep. The construction was insane right at 7am, they provided ear plugs and honestly not the hotel’s fault, just something to keep in mind.

The room, hotel and location were amazing. Steps from Times Square and hugely accessible to everything with MTA or by foot. We walked everywhere. Staff were helpful and friendly. The room was small but as expected, bathroom was larger than expected. Standard, comfy hotel bed.

• Deluxe City View King

The lift takes a lot of time. Any packages ordered are charged at 5 dollars per package

It’s superbly located. A few steps and your ar Times Square. Walk backwards and am at my office. The standard rooms are way too small, deluxe rooms are good

• Mini Full

1. Quality of room was terrible. Walls were so thin that you could here every conversation / movement coming from the adjacent rooms and corridors - not ideal when there were drunk guests continually stumbling through the corridor whilst having loud conversations. 2. There were building works / scaffolding taking place on the adjacent building. The scaffolding covered the window on our room meaning we were unable to look out of the window and that the room was in permanent darkness with no natural light. Furthermore extremely loud construction work began at c.5am in the morning making it impossible to sleep after that time. I appreciate the works are not the fault of the hotel however at no stage prior to our stay or during booking-in was it mentioned that this would affect the quality of our stay.

Staff were helpful.

• Superior Queen

Wifi needs to be stronger

Loved the location Great staff Great rooms clean and tidy Near a tube station and Times Square just a couple of minutes walk

• Deluxe City View King

The bed was uncomfortable and sagging. Pillows hurt my neck. The constant work and hammer drilling all through the night into the morning from the construction site next door made it very hard to sleep, even with the earplugs that were provided to us

It was close to Times Square and the theatres

• Standard Full

Construction noise early every morning was bothersome and the lack of a bar/restaurant open later at night in the hotel was odd.

Great location, well-appointed facilities.

• Superior City View Queen

It's overly expensive. Like overly so. The elevators barely work, and bathroom is uncomfortable. Water leaked though my light, I called the manager. He said "oh that's normal, it's okay".

The bed was really comfortable. I had a conference in Times Square, so it was perfect.

• Standard Full

I was told cash would not be accepted upon my arrival at the hotel which was worrying as I'd just travelled from the UK and had only brought local currency in cash. After some persuading the hotel took the cash.

Beds were very comfortable. Shower pressure was brilliant. Complimentary shower gels/shampoos, hairdryer, safe and iron. I received a bottle of wine and a 'happy birthday' notice upon arrival. Location was AMAZING.

• Superior Queen

Rooms were super small Not enough lighting Elevators took a long time Paint was chipping in the bathroom

I liked the location The staff was amazing The design of the hotel was nice

• Mini Full

Construction site next door that starts work at 7am is very noisy First room we slept in had Marijuana coming through the vent that smelt like it was being smoked in the room Also had large blood stain on the carpet

Location is right on Times Square. Can't get a better location

• Standard Full

WiFi in the rooms could have been better but wouldn’t put me off staying again

Location right by Times Square. Small rooms but I suppose that’s to be expected in NY Times Square. Clean rooms and nice hotel.

• Standard Full

The lobby smells of extremely strong cologne or something. It’s not a bad smell, just a little overwhelming.

The staff was very friendly! It’s also a really great location, so I couldn’t believe the affordable price!

• Mini Full

Everything is great. I just made confuse with my booking info, sorry about that, but this location & interior just wow & excite my imagination not first time, already I put on my mind to stay there someday :D

• Superior City View Queen

Everything is good, but would be rather nice if the shower had a glass partition, rather than the shower curtain. Water plashes everywhere!

The location is perfect!

• Superior Queen ADA

Staff on reception rude, talked more to one another then being attentive to guest.

The manager sorted out our problem. Guy in lobby who helped us get into our room after 3 failed cards.

• Standard Full

Building site outside room. Woke up at 7am with hammering and drilling everyday except Sunday. This should have been mentioned at time of booking. Won't be finished until 2020. Room was abit dated and shower not upto standard.

Location fantastic. House Keeping did a good job.

• Superior Queen ADA

Hot water was out for the morning we were going to check out. Although it was fixed eventually, it wasn't pleasant experience standing in the toilet waiting for hot water to come out.

Browse Night Hotel Times Square traveller photo gallery