Reviews of Norwalk Inn and Conference Center 3 stars

99 East Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06851, USA

#5 of 8 hotels in Norwalk

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Overall, I would stay here again, though maybe ask for a room on the second floor

Bed was hard, lighting was fair, and hallways were very noisy after 11 pm...possibly other very loud guests,

location and proximity to everything, reasonable rates and clean

Bed Bugs

On our 1st night in room 143 we found bed bugs!! At around 3am I woke up with bites all over my neck and legs. Immediately on searching I found 4 bed bugs filled with my blood. We got the night manager to come and check our room and immediately get us moved to a different floor/room. It was a horrible experience. Couldn’t sleep that night as well as the next night as I was always checking around. Had to get ride of some clothes as well. Unfortunately there was no further communication or action from management for our ordeal.

Horrible
    • Deluxe Double Room with Shower

The rooms were motel quality. The bathroom lock was broken. The stopper for the bathtub did not work. The shower curtain fell apart. The blow dryer kept shutting off every few seconds. The television in the bathroom did not work. The cleaning service people spoke no english. The breakfast was not included in the rate.

The food (dinner)was worth the money. Very nice size portions and absolutely 5 star quality.

Not a value deal

There's a MASSIVE difference between new rooms and old rooms. The second floor rooms are not at all renovated and quite worn-down. The room we got had paper-thin walls where the next door neighbor could be heard snoring, the room AC smelled strongly of ammonia when started up so we shut it off and opened the window, and the bathroom shower curtain had black spots on it. And the toilet is one of the industrial flush toilets with a lever handle; combined with the paper-thin walls it's guaranteed to wake up even a sound sleeper.

This was an inexpensive room booked last minute. Exterior and lobby looked nice. We showed up late at night and didn't think it was worth trying to get a better room for one night.

Very pleasant. Would stay there again when visiting family in CT.

Rooms were a bit small. Also, there was no full length mirror or hooks in the bathroom.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Pool and pub/bar very nice.

Great location with caveats

Place is showing its age. I saw a few spots where wallpaper was peeling off the walls. The King room I was in was tiny, you basically walking around the bed the whole time. The mini fridge wasn’t silent, so if you wanted to avoid the hum, you had to turn it down or off. The bathroom didn’t have a fan, so to avoid stale air or stuffiness in the room you have to open the window and your door, and crank the A/C fan to get some air moving around. Bed was lumpy and smushy, not my favorite. Pillows were small, were not king pillows. I think I over spent by 30% based on the experience.

This place has a great location, just around the corner from the main strip with all the shopping for groceries (the original Stew Leonard’s), Walgreens, and a Starbucks. The room I was in had a mini fridge. Staff was friendly. Place had a decent amount of parking. Diverse clientele.

Renewed rooms are great!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Nothing that we can think of.

We stayed on the third floor, where rooms were recently renewed. The new rooms are great! Furniture, beds, all is really new and clean.

The hotel and room was clean and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Very small television in the hotel room. Having only one elevator in the whole building is inconvenient. For the price this hotel charges, continental breakfast should be included regardless if you booked through the hotel or not.

The hotel and room was clean and comfortable. Plenty of restaurants close by. The beds were comfortable. And the staff was friendly.

A good place to stay, avoid the breakfast.

Breakfast is NOT included for guests booking indirectly, whereas guests who do book directly have it included in the price. That said, we found the buffet breakfast very poor with most "hot" items being cold. There are much better breakfasts to be had at nearby restaurants and diners.

The rooms are comfortable and quiet. Pod coffee machine provided. Staff friendly and approachable.

The room was fine and very clean.

The matress on the right side where I slept did not provide adequate back support which interrupted my sleep. The breakfast was cold to tepid (eggs, potatoes, pancakes) and non-acidic drinks were not available. I had asked for decaf green tea as I have dietary concerns but none was available.

The room was fine and very clean. Towells and toilettries were very good. Noise was not an issue. The location was good for getting around and in and out of the city.

Very nice place, great value

There were a number of parties going on. It was not a problem, as they put us near the back, but a party moved to the back and woke us up at 1:00 am.

Hotel was beautiful. Room was excellent.

Not happy.

Comforter was too warm. Was not satisfied with breakfast buffet. Hot items eggs, bacon, home fries, were cold. Also, we were charged full price for breakfast after complaining at the front desk at checkout. Also were told if we booked directly the breakfast was included in the room rate.

Convenient and comfortable.

Food served later than 10 pm in bar. Room was so hot. Adjusted thermostat but it kept getting too warm We actually turned heat off for most of the night.

Clean, comfortable, friendly staff. Good shower and amenities- more plentiful than some big name chains.

Poor service and under staffed

This is a very clean and beautiful hotel. That is about it. It is understaffed, service is slow. We had no heat in our room. We have a 4 year old. It was 10:30p, when they provided us with another room. You would expect that this inconvenience would be reflected in our bill. Nope, still had to pay full price. Not a place we would recommend.

The property is very clean and appealing. The food is good.

I was very pleased with the facility and intend staying her again.

Instructions for the thermostat would have been useful.

Room was newly decorated , very clean , quiet . The bed very comfortable. Lighting well done. The room could be made completely dark. Interior design exceptional. Coffee maker, micro wave, refrigerator all new.

Poor, unfriendly desk staff. Low quality breakfast

Booking.com said reservation was refundable. I booked four rooms and had to cancel one. I paid for all four. Then I asked the hotel to include breakfast since I was paying $40 per person/$120 extra. The hotel refused and was rude. Horrible.

Not a best place to stay for business trip.

Wi-fi connection was awful. Basically not working Breakfast was really poor (only pancakes without anything else), and expensive. You cannot pay with your visa card for breakfast (only cash) It was too loud in the evening and in the morning (Lion's eye club had a meetings there)

Room was really nice and clean Good Parking Comfort bed

Our stay there was disappionting. I acpected a better outcome.

The room was very small for a King bed. The mattress was hard and old the springs kept sqeeking when we moved and the air conditioning wasn't working well.I woke up sweating. My husband wanted to watch the baseball game but it wasn't available in the room only at the bar. Because we booked through you breakfast wasn't included.

I liked that it was clean.

breakfast buffet was very good

breakfast buffet was very good the room was supposed to have 2 Queen beds -- they were both doubles! not Queens! we would have preferred to know that and take a King-sized room

Would definitely stay there again.

An indoor pool would have been nice, but they have an outdoor pool which was clean and nicely kept.

Room and hotel property was very clean, staff friendly. Easy access to highway. We stayed on third floor which was recently added to the hotel and the rooms were nicely decorated.

Good for price but owner is an arse.

Owner hung out and in bar getting drunk and abusive to staff. My partner went to say something and he shouted "this is my hotel, get out if you don't like it" very rude!!

Nice beds and clean rooms. Very good value.

Clean and spacious rooms, staff was kind and they helped...

A little "old fashioned" but nothing bad at all.

Clean and spacious rooms, staff was kind and they helped with some requests we had because of our baby (heating food etc). Very close to restaurants area and downtown.

Didn't quite enjoy our sleep in a sinking bed. I would rather pay extra $30 bucks for a better place

We suffered back pain after sleeping in the most uncomfortable and supportive bed. We woke up in the middle of the night because the mastress was sinking.

Lobby looks great

Upkeep on the rooms could have been better - rust stains and lots of scratches on the bathroom door and walls. Not sure why they felt the need for the oddly placed tv in the bathroom. You couldn't sit in the tub and watch it comfortably. Very soft mattresses. Ended up sinking into the bed - not comfortable.

Location. The lobby was nicely done, well organized and meticulous. Nice sized rooms.

Great location, needed a better clean.

The room was not clean. The bathroom smelled faintly of mold and mildew.I think it was from the fan above the shower head that had a lot of dirt and dust built up inside. The iron holder had also not been cleaned in a very long time judging from the amount of dust and dirt that was on it. There were also many other sections that had not been recently dusted.

The staff was extremely nice at the front desk and it was very easy to find.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Norwalk Gem

While it is still under construction, they were very aware of the guests. When finished, it will be top notch.

Bed was comfortable. Lighting in bathroom was wonderful for make-up. Extra mirror in bathroom was greatly appreciated. Staff very friendly.

Convenient and comfortable CT location before a weekend in NYC

Rooms were very high quality but just one problem-the loud noise made by the powerful toilet flushing mechanism would wake up a hibernating bear. Fine for just one person but if your partner is sleeping and you have to use the toilet ...

Adams Rib restaurant was wonderful, both quality of food and the service. Very convenient to have such a nice restaurant in the hotel. Compact hotel makes it easy to get in and out quickly. Also, the staff was extremely friendly and competent.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Sufficient, clean but not great.

Bathroom was tired and needed work. The beds seemed small. Construction was going on in hallways. Paper-thin walls to the point you could hear your neighbors coughing, taking phone calls and babies crying.

Beds are comfortable and price point was good.

Location was good for our needs, low price.

Beds were called queen but we're actually double sized, no place to get snacks when we arrived, no free breakfast- charging $12 each for continental breakfast! Needs updating, old looking. View of a wall and electrical unit.

Location was good for our needs, low price.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Very clean and comfortable.

Desk person couldn't find my reservation. I booked through booking.com, that could be the reason. I did have 2 e-mail confirmations to show him.

Very clean and comfortable. Charming cozier feeling than the bigger hotels.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Disappointing!!!!

Unpleasant Younger woman at front desk I was told she was the owner She questioned the accommodations I requested. Fortunately I had a copy on my phone. Room accommodations were adequate but outdated.

The older lady at front desk was pleasant and tried to be helpful

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

OK but not great.

No 24hr guest services. A lot of renovation work still apparent. Staff doesn't great you when you come into lobby area.

Decoration in room and location - quiet in spite of proximity to highway and main road

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Comfy room, pleasant staff

It was a convenient location, check in person smiling and helpful. Sandwiches and drinks were very good and waitress very nice. Beds were comfy, wifi worked easily. Quiet night's sleep. We'll come back when in the area.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Poor customer service and room was unclean drain clogged

My family and I experienced poor customer service at your hotel. after returning from a family wake at around 1130 in the evening I attempted to use the bathtub and discovered that the tub was not clean and the drain was clogged. I placed a call to hotel lobby and was informed that the plumber would be available the following morning at 830. I made a phone call at 845 seeing no one was coming to fix the drain and was informed by Betty at the front desk that that was no phone call made the previous night requesting someone to unclog my drain. I told her I need to take a bath and she said I could come downstairs to pick up another room key that's located down the hall to use the shower. I called back and requested someone bring it up stairs as my sisters and I were not dressed and waiting to take a shower to go to the funeral. I was very disappointed at the lack of concern displayed by Betty. At the point to check out I requested to speak to a manager and she would not provide me with a time or schedule of the manager so I can call her. Cora Montrond

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Historic clean room

N/a

We were at the Inn which was done up beautifully with a historic feel. Small kitchenette was a plus if we were traveling with our food allergic children, good to know for next time. They upgraded us due to a wedding in hotel.

Walls not sound proof.

Walls not sound proof. Could easily hear voices from other rooms.

Great location if you need to get to JFK and the area is quite nice.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Very clean. Our room was just redone. Close to downtown SONO and a reasonable drive to JFK airport.

So condescending

The manager at the front desk

The pillows

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Norwalk Inn

Helpful staff and good sized room. Pool was ideal to cool off after a day exploring Norwalk

Tired business hotel with fairly high prices

Room smelt smoky, window didn't close properly, room was quite cramped, very 1980s vibe.

Bed was clean

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Walk-in shower

Walk-in shower

Location was very convenient!

The Queen size bed was smaller than a full size bed.

Location was very convenient!

It was okay for a one night stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Two full beds for 2 adults and 3 children. Beds were not comfortable. Not enough towels for all of us.

The decorating was beautiful

Very clean and comfortable.

Very clean and comfortable. Nice dinner.

Breakfast not included.

Quiet, comfortable, good night's sleep.

The service

The service

Friendly staff & clean & well decorated facility.

It was very hot & stuffy in the restaurant, definitely need a fan for airflow at least.

Friendly staff & clean & well decorated facility.

I liked my stay in Norwalk Inn. Check in and check out was easy.

Nothing to complain about.

I liked the location and the cleanliness.

All good

All good

It was fine

Not enough parking

Nice bathroom

Great dining experience

Great dining experience

Enjoyed my stay very much.

The view was of the roof top.

It was very warm and cozy. The staff especially at the bar was wonderful.

If you are looking for a rooming house this is it.

Local hang out for Greek folks who are loud and love fox news.

Good food in resturant.

The restaurant and service at the restaurant were terrible.

The restaurant and service at the restaurant were terrible. The food was expensive and was inedible so we had to send it back.

Excellent stay
    • Executive King Room

Everything.

The owners are Greek, so there is a Greek influence.

The owners are Greek, so there is a Greek influence.

Great wifi speed

No laundry available at night

Great wifi speed

Broken sauna

Broken sauna

Some people depending on who they booked with received a...

Some people depending on who they booked with received a Free breakfast. I was not one of those people. I paid the same but was not treat the same.

A good, quality hotel for a business trip or a quick stop over.

The dimensions of the room

Restaurant was very good

Good choice in Norwalk

Very comfortable and convienent location.

I will stay there again.

Very nice people

Bad for biz could have missed my meeting which was purpose of the trip

Failed to get me my wake up call AND clock alarm did not work!!!!!!!!!!!

comfortable

on site restaurant

Very small room aging carpet

on site restaurant

That guy

Both inside outside very clean and the lay out

Breakfast was not included

Breakfast was not included

Well kept place,

Our room was right above the AC extenal unit. A bit noisy

Cosy room for a good price

Very helpfu staff

My granddaughter had her arm in a sling and needed ice for her injury. The staff was very helpful in arranging ice for her.

Excellence place to stay

It was quiet and peaceful the outdoor pool area was great

It was okay.

Front desk service could be improved. Family staying on second floor allowed their children to run and yell in the hall.

The pool

The room the tv was messed up

The pool

nice and clean rooms with courteous staff

nice and clean rooms with courteous staff

Very friendly staff.

Very friendly staff. The facility is undergoing some needed renovations but from the look of things it will be lovely when they are through.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Worth it!

Room on the smaller size.

Food, bar area , service, great hospitality

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Great Connecticut coastal lodging.

Staff very nice and accommodations excellent. Bed very comfortable. The location is also a reasonable walk from East Norwalk Metro North Station.