Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham N.W. Medical Center 1.5 stars

6023 IH 10 West, San Antonio, TX 78201, USA

#237 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

Good stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It had a strong cigarette odor everytime we went into the room.

We really liked how clean it was and how they provided us with the essentials every single day.

The young lady working the front desk was exceptionally...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The young lady working the front desk was exceptionally great very nice respectful and polite everything I would hope for When I visit a hotel and it was thanks to her great customer service five star

Overall it was decent for the price and location.

The rooms had just been redone but weren’t finished. The crown molding on the bottom was never put back on so there were sharp nails poking out of the wall which normally wouldn’t bother me but I had a 9 month old crawling around. Also the bath tub and sink took forever to drain.

The location was great. Very close to everything we needed. The hot tub was also a bonus!

Room thankfully was fairly inexpensive but still room could have been better
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was only OK... bathtub/shower not very good but worked, unpainted areas on walls, ceiling in room dirty, ac unit took a while to figure out, thin walls.

Access to downtown and airport very good. Bed was actually comfortable, nice TV, microwave and fridge were nice

Nothing special
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The first room the fridge wasn't working so they gave us another room. The air wasn't working in that room so they put us back into the first room after the fridge was "fixed". Also the inside door handle to the room kept coming off. Only enough coffee creamer and sugars for 1 cup of coffee each day even though there were 2 of us in there.

It was close to Wal-Mart and the hospitals and right off the interstate.

Not worth it

The breakfast is little to nothing besides a waffle and some old cereal. You can't take it to your room to eat. They only have two washers and dryers and only one person can use the wash room at a time. The towels have stains on them. The cleaning staff will knock on the door in the morning and if u don't answer they just come right in. Don't stay here please save your money and go somewhere else

Great location great price and had all I needed for a quick getaway

They were doing maintenance so my actual room was still being worked on but front desk gave me another no questions asked. Room was a bit muggy and warm at first since the air was off.

Great Price for a good room with microwave and fridge VERY conveniently located walking distance to a 24/7 IHOP and a starbucks 2minutes away. Excellent location.

We have stayed at many Days Inn hotels, but this one fell short what we have come to expect in our h
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I rented a handicapped accessible room and stated on the comments that I cannot get into a tub and only needed a shower to be able to get my wheelchair in to shower. I had no response from the hotel, but when we checked in we were told that they did not have any rooms with only a shower as requested. So I was not able to take a shower in the morning. It was very noisy and was not able to get a decent nights sleep.

It was easy to get to

I had a pleasant experience here.

Two of the lightbulbs did not work. I kept hearing a knocking that sounded like it was in the pipes.

I had 5 pillows all to myself! Location was convenient. Front desk staff was nice. The room was very clean. Shower worked well.

A place to sleep if that’s all you need

Syringe above light over sink which had a lot of dust. I’ve machine was broken. Breakfast ok but once the food was empty they didn’t refill it. Just out of luck if you eat after 8am.

Easy access from car to room

Price, staff and location.

Area of town (many homeless and beggars actually on the property. Room, and especially bathrooms need an upgrade.

Price, staff and location. Beds were very comfortable.

The first room we were given smelled smoky.

The first room we were given smelled smoky. We were moved to a room on the back side, which had piles of rubbish and old furniture. There was some mold or mildew in the shower.

Front desk was rude tried to tell me I paid with credit card...
    • King Room - Smoking

Front desk was rude tried to tell me I paid with credit card instead of cash did not want to give me my deposit back. Keep searching you will find a better hotel to stay in

I will never stay here again, even if it was my last option.

We decided to take a spontaneous trip to San Antonio for spring break, and majority of the hotels were already booked. We read the reviews, and we decided this would probably be our best best. This location is very clean, it’s just not very comfortable at all. These are outside and you can hear everything going on throughout the night. We would toss and turn in our rock hard bed all night and hear the people outside talking and running back and forth. Also, the restrooms are really small so when I was showering I felt like I was being watched. I’m sure it was just paranoia but I just felt super uncomfortable staying here.

The bed was rock hard, the pillows were super small, the “blanket” wasn’t even a real blanket, it was almost like a curtain. There’s a lot of outside noise, I was worried about my car, and felt really unsafe staying here. Booked a 2 night stay here, but ended up leaving the very next morning before check out time. Highly recommend you DO NOT stay here, especially if you have young children. It definitely does not feel safe.

it was ok

the breakfast area wasn't kept clean, had to clean our table every morning. We checked in 4 guests and only got 3 towels...

It was close to all the locations we needed to go to.

The staff needs to do a better job of checking the rooms...

The staff needs to do a better job of checking the rooms before they check them out to guests, I went in the bathroom and closed the door, then the door would not open I was stuck in the bathroom for about 30 minutes before the housekeepers broke the door lock with a screwdriver then our TV didn't work, they had to come and reprogram it

I wasn't impressed and would most definitely not stay there again.

The heavy curtain would not close so I clipped it close. Much noise outside (close to freeway traffic). Coffee pot in room produced terrible coffee. Almost dead Texas size roach at my doorstep in my room.

King size bed was great. No complaints in the room. Waffle that I made for breakfast was good.

Great normal stay, trust me its better than many places
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Highway traffic noise but that's what happens when you're so conveniently located next to one. Other than that I got zero complaints.

So conveniently located within walking distance to Bill Miller, IHOP, and a few minutes to Walmart. Easy access to the highway. Staff is nice, room was clean, has a microwave and mini fridge. I'm planning on staying again soon. P.s. oh yeah, breakfast!

Comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We told the clerk we were going to use one card but she needed me to verify my booking w my card and I’d, and winded up charging my card, we had to request a refund on my card and she wasn’t pleasant.

We’ve stayed here multiple times and it always seems like a safe place. The breakfast is good.

No handicap parking where my room was, no handicap...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No handicap parking where my room was, no handicap accommodations I requested a hide-a-bed so that a 14 year old girl didn’t have to share a bed with a 17 year old male that was a step-brother, attendant lied to me stating it was already in use until I threatened to call corporate. A hide-a-bed magically appeared.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room was dirty dusty . The shower tub was dirty the bathroom ceiling I could reach up and touch it it had panels and it was brownish white gross. Be careful get what you pay for if I can do it all over again I would've spent money to stay at somewhere that was decent and the breakfast was horrible

It wasn"t what i appected
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Asked for a down stairs a week in advice and when i got there didn't have any front desk told me thet booked them that morning every disappointed had a very hard time climbing stairs due to my illness

Never again going please dont co.e here save your self the money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Nothing was good at all just ihop.

This place was dirty we had room service and they never took out trash or gave us toilet paper at all. They came in to our room and searched as well while we were at zoo. Bed bugs were bad we had sleep on floor. This was a very poor place.

Nice place to stay, will definitely book again in the near future
    • King Room - Smoking

Wifi didn't always work properly. Towels were a little rough, didn't like having to wipe face as towels hurt skin.

Staff and cleanliness of site were pleasing.

The beds were comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was unable to switch method of payment upon arrival. I was rudely questioned, as to why I had presented a different credit card than the one previously booked. There were no eggs for breakfast.

The beds were comfortable.

WORST STAY OF MY LIFE

Staff, cleanliness of room, and the breakfast were all garbage

Nothing at all...breakfast was a joke...never returning nor will i recommend this hotel to anyone but i will let everyone know how horrible it is

Room was nicer than I expected.

Breakfast was waffles, cereal, bread and oatmeal. Nothing of real substance, but IHOP was right next door if your preferred.

Room was nicer than I expected.

Hot tub with bubbles pool July 4 full all the time almost...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Hot tub not enough hot no bubbles maintaines guy vacation could get another one fix it .11 pm 4 July 10 pm natural closing time

Hot tub with bubbles pool July 4 full all the time almost the last

Horrible, horrible, horrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had asked for a non smoking room and they gave us one. So I called and they gave us another one which smelled nicer and was cleaner. However the neighborhood was scary. People outside of their hotel rooms walking, smoking, and drinking. This hotel was a nightmare. People walking at all hours of the night. I felt very unsafe. Also, I don't know why they advertise that they have a hot breakfast the only thing hot that they had was waffles and toast! The breakfast was not good. I made the mistake in booking the hotel because of the price it's not worth the price or your peace of mind.

I did not like anything about the hotel was horrible!!! When I was booking it the pictures looked so nice and had decent reviews. I will never stay in a Days Inn hotel. The worst place you can possibility stay at. I was so disappointed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The shower head didn't work, there was a roach, the sheets weren't clean, we went out and when we came back the cleaning lady left the door unlocked, it was noisy outside.

The location is perfect since it is centrally located and 15...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

he room was not squeeky clean but in overall fair condition. There were fruit flies, mosquitoes and other insects flying around in the room everyday. The curtains were stained and wrinkled. Ac unit did not work too well. Area does not appear to be too safe but thankfully we had no incidents.

The location is perfect since it is centrally located and 15 minutes to Six Flags as well as 15 to River Walk and Downtown. Check in and check out processes were quick and easy. I would recommend this place for a short stay as was ours since price is affordable but if you're grossed out easily or if you are staying more than 3 nights, I would look elsewhere.

IHOP is across the parking lot.

The oatmeal was cold. Ran out of waffle batter, told the receptionist and had to wait 15 minutes for refill. Room 126 had grime around the tub. Cockroaches were climbing on the walls.

The temperature was easily controlled

Big bathroom area, beds soft and comfortable

I thought I booked the room for two Queen beds and I feel like the beds we go we're full size beds. Tv stations were horrible what they had on the guide in the room didn't match the stations we got at all

Big bathroom area, beds soft and comfortable

Breakfast was continental and the carpet was very dingy.

Breakfast was continental and the carpet was very dingy. Exhaust fan in bathroom would allow smoke from room above into our room. Overall reasonable for the price of the room. Staff was accommodating and housekeeping did good job, facility is just old and needs updating.

Great value for the money. We would probably book there again if we were to return to San Antonio.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Had a cockroach by the bed. It was dead, but we were always looking for more. A little unsettling. Understaffed, so the breakfast area was not as clean as it could have been. The lady was doing the best she could to man the phones and the dining area by herself.

Grandchildren enjoyed foods they would eat. Loved the pool. Great exercise and not overcrowded when we were there. Thankful for the laundry. Kids did not pack enough clothes, so had to wash during the stay. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

nice hotel
    • King Room - Smoking

Could have had more food at breakfast.

Bed was super comfortable. Wal-Mart and restaurants within walking distance. Pool and hot tub were nice. Shower was nice too.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Nice hotel in a convenient location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This hotel is 15 minutes from the Alamo in Downtown, 20 minutes to Seaworld and 22 minutes to Six flags. The rooms look nice and clean. I got a tv, iron, fridge, microwave, AC.Everything works good. I like the breakfast too.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

I enjoyed my stay, much needed rest sleep which I got thanks
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Everything was great no problems there were so many stores and places to go to just across the street. Thanks

I had only coffee,didn't want breakfast. Thanks

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Excellent value for money, clean and central.

Everything actually!

The room although one may call its style old was well serviced, clean, easy to access. The room was more than big enough for the two of us, and even included a desk, fridge, micro-wave, hairdryer, ironing board. I travel the world several times a year, I have seen many types of hotel, some bad, some good and some excellent, well this is one of the good ones, one could not expect it to be excellent at the price. The staff did what they needed to do, and they did it well. Before I arrived I was told that the place was "dodgy" but I don't easily get influenced by such calls, and need to see it for myself. If this is not good enough for you, then I feel very sorry for you, and cant understand why you are looking for a reasonable hotel at all. I was there for 6 (Six) nights and loved every one of them. The place has been going for some time, and sure it could be upgraded, but then it won't be at this rate, and if that's what you want there is the Hyatt and the Hilton they are all close by and 4 times the price.

Not a Bad Deal

For the price, it would've been nice to have eggs & some meat. More protein. Parking lot had trash that probably should be picked up daily.

Room was clean & comfortable.

Don't Stay Here!

Everything, and the people outside all night, honking, looking like selling dope, arguing, hangout outside all hours of the night. The door and locks looked warn out and would not stop anyone from coming in with force. We were scared and will never stay there again!

We did not like anything!! Its a horrible hotel and location!

Bad place for families
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I arrived and parked. Saw a used condom in the pavement. In the evening walked saw two individuals smoking crack in the in the parking lot. The next day. I called in for some towels the laundry man knocked onece and ten seconds later opened my door while I was inside worst of the worst places I've stayed. I will definitely share my experience with people. The online booking do not really know the quality of the places they represent. Disappointed

Bad investment

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

What worried me the most was what if my kids had gotten hurt
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Attendant picking up syringes from other rooms there which he was holding in his hand while talking to me. I also noticed broken glass in the parking lot. Make sure you get a nonsmoking room otherwise you will get charged $20 cash extra like I was.

It was close to walmart

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Last room available in San Antonio.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dead roach on the floor. Hair on the bathroom floor. AC stopped twice, fortunately turning it off and back on worked. We could hear the ice Machine and people walking down the stairs.

ok for one overnight. would probably not stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds not comfortable. Itchy sheets, small flat pillows and beds very high. Difficult for children and older folks. Breakfast gets old after 2 days. No variety

Semen stains on comforter and bed skirt.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Semen stains on comforter and bed skirt. Blood on the ceiling. Hole in the wall. Pool was cemented in- NO POOL! false advertise. Would not respond to accomodations email/message. Microwave, dryer and iron did not work.

Hot water. Breakfast was ok but they did not clean up throughout. Syrup everywhere, tables dirty.

It was ok.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I think the bathrooms could be a llitle updated like some paint and new fixtures better shower curtains. Shower head was a little outdated. But over all it was acceptable.

Great price, everything was near by food, attractions, shopping it was great location. It was good place to stay. Really all we need it just a place to confortably spend the night, I was not looking for a 5 star hotel beacause I was going to stay all day in the room exploring it.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

The whole room smelled like cigarettes.
    • King Room - Smoking

The whole room smelled like cigarettes. Went to buy some air freshener and odor eliminator and that didn't even work. Went out one morning came back at night and again it smelled like they just out a cigarette.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

needs a little management

Checked in 10pm. Lobby was closed. Had to conduct check in through a small window on side of building. The very limited continental breakfast was out of 50% of items they were supposed to offer.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

It's okay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Other guest fighting, housekeeping knocking and opening the door, other guest bumming cigarettes and such. Lacking of wash cloths after housekeeping cleaned

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Be careful of Days Inn.

Breakfast was a waffle or box of cereal. Not the choices I thought I paid for. Sheets changed every three days. Unacceptable! I spent $800.00 for 13 days. Totally disatisfied. Will never book a Days Inn again.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

We would stay again

Someone was knocking on our door at 3am. The toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned.

Texas shaped waffles.AC worked very well.Staff was friendly.Good size room.No insects in room.It's an older hotel but we had a better experience here than the brand new hotel we stayed at the next night.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Terrible housekeeping and poor rooms.
    • King Room - Smoking

Room not clean at arrival, after 4pm. Hotel housekeeping star argued with wife. Room we moved into had dirty ceiling. Cigarette burns on comforter. Floor was damp and room walls hadarks like someone had stabbed them with a knife. Refrigerator made a knocking noise. Had to wait until 5:30 pm for room to be serviced. When I asked why it was so late, was told that the motel had sold out and staff could not keep up. That is when housekeeping staff argued with wife about the microwave not working.

Arrived after 4 pm. Room was not ready. Was moved to another room. That is where it ends.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Days inn review from july 22 2016
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I didn't like that I requested ahead of time that i wanted rooms next to each other and they didn't gave them to me i also didn't like that there was people living there and had loud music .

I liked that is close to downtown

The pre authorized charge was as much as the actual stayed payment 👎, location awesome

The pre-authorized charge

Location and cleanliness

Rooms are ok.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Breakfast was to short only till 9am. Beds were to high to get in. Rooms were either too cold or not cold enough.

Clean rooms.

I loved the area and how polite and real respectful

Everything was fine

I loved the area and how polite and real respectful

Everything was great and my son loved the pool the staff is...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Everything was great and my son loved the pool the staff is awesome

The property was very affordable clean and neat

Overall was a perfect 10

Overall was a perfect 10

No sport channels

No sport channels

Needed paint ,furniture all in the breeze ways look kinda...
    • King Room - Smoking

Needed paint ,furniture all in the breeze ways look kinda junky homeless people lingering around the property

Good value

Ice machine was located too far from room.

Good location.

Eggs, overall breakfast.

Eggs, overall breakfast. Pool area not appealing

It was very clean and comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was nothing I didn't like

It was very clean and comfortable

relaxing

Pretty much very sleepy but good comfortable lilttle time away made me happy A1

Everything was really great

Everything was really great

Days at the Days Inn

It needs a little more upkeep. For the most part it was.

The staff was friendly. The air conditioning was wonderful.

Canceled

Canceled

Comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Furniture kind of outdated for the price you pay.

Comfortable

Clean room and bed was comfortable

Clean room and bed was comfortable

Yes, it was clean and organized.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Two wall outlets didn’t work as intended so I used another one near the Hotel alarm to charge my electronic devices.

Yes, it was clean and organized.