Reviews of Ocean Park Resort 2 stars

1905 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, USA

#137 of 240 hotels in Myrtle Beach

This is the worst resort I had ever been and I would give a...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Oceanfront View

This is the worst resort I had ever been and I would give a lower star if it’s possible. The receptionist are always have the attitude with us, even in the first second we step inside the resort. And it isn’t done yet, when we asked for some towels because there is no towels at all in our room, they said that there are no more towel right now so we went away and come back later to asked for it again, this time, I have to wait like 10 fcking minutes to wait for the conversation of the receptionist with a woman ( she not even look at us and be like she didn’t see us) and then she told us that : “we don’t have any person to folding the towels right now”, ??? 😀 ???, the third time we went there and asked for some towels again 🙂 they asked for our room number and said they will send some one bring it to our room 🙂 so we wait like 24 hours and still don’t have any of them!!!!!!! There are much much more but I don’t wanna list it anymore. I will never nerver ever come here again! AND THIS RESORT ARE RACIST ! I’m not recommend this resort yall!

Disappointed Traveler
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Management disorganized, trash piled in the hallway, one elevator working, ask to be checked out one day early. I was told they would do it. They did not so I paid for a day I was not at the hotel. They claim that I never checked out

Accommodations were comfortable, access to the beach was good, good location

bad service, they did not make the beds, they do not map the...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

bad service, they did not make the beds, they do not map the floors, they did not take out the trash, they did not leave toilet paper, they left the towels, and supposedly the service was daily, the room was nice but no cleaning in my stay

Beach access was nice.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Oceanfront View

Needs updated and not a true resort. No bar or onsite restaurant.. lackluster. Truly best if you aren’t going to spend a ton of time at.

Beach access was nice. Amenities and privileges are a plus.

All in all, it was great but the service at the hotel could have definitely been better.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Oceanfront View

The staff was not friendly at all. When I booked, I said I had 8 people that will be traveling but they had an attitude saying it was supposed to be only 6 when we had to go down to get wash cloths. We stayed four days and not once did they come and change the sheets or sweep the carpet. We also didn’t know that it was a pet friendly hotel. Having a child that is allergic to dogs made the stay worrisome. There was the smell of dog in the room as well as dog hair in the bed that they did not clean properly.

It was right on the beach and they had a pool and hot tub both in and outside.

Room was nice, housekeepers were very friendly.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Frond desk staff not very welcoming or friendly. Didn't offer their perks, I had to ask.

Room was nice, housekeepers were very friendly. Pools were good.

Very Disappointing!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

A lot of the staff was unfriendly (not housekeepers); kitchen was poorly equipped as far as dishes, utensils, pots and pans; room could have been cleaner; room furnishings looked old and outdated; doggie exercise area had artificial turf which our dog didn’t like (think he believed he was relieving himself where he shouldn’t have been). For $300/night we were expecting a 5-Star hotel and this was more like a 2-Star at best. We won’t be returning!

Pet friendly, which is why we chose this hotel, (although they were definitely not enforcing the 20lb or less dog rule); convenient parking; comfortable beds; free in-room snacks (in lieu of daily housekeeping service)

On the beach property.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Room was not clean, food left in fridge from primo us guest. There were no towels in room, I am not a 100% room was even cleaned....there were even items left in room from previous guest.

On the beach property.

Very nice and enjoyable!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Next time we will book a room where the next room doesnt block us from seeing the sun come up.

The room was larger than we expected. Very comfortable beds. Nice kitchen with counter space!

Florida still #1 on Hotesl
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

The hotel has everything, just don't expect new . The ceilings and walls are still full of popcorn and the carpets in the hallways and inside the rooms are clean but old . The front desk will help you but don't ask too much . The wear and tear it's normal for the age of the hotel but not for the price of one night stay $228.00. The elevator is very small and from time to time you may even get a little high if you love the smell of marihuana that seems to be their air deodorant. Pay attention it seems that every hotel in this area will allow you to start your stay @ 4:00 pm and wants you out by 11:00 am . They will even give you a call reminder at 10: 00 so you be out right at 11:00

The location.

Clean rooms, awesomely friendly staff at the front desk when...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Wished there was ice machine on our floor but it wasn't a bad thing.

Clean rooms, awesomely friendly staff at the front desk when we checked in. Everything & everyone was amazing. Thanks for the wonderful stay!

Loved the room and the oceanfront balcony.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

The site said that it is a short stroll to the boardwalk.Definitely not in walking distance and also not much happening in that area for adults

Loved the room and the oceanfront balcony.also liked the kitchenette.

Quiet and clean, out of date.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Blinds in room were broken with slats cut off in varying lengths. Couldn't close, bright sunlight woke us early early early each morning. Few restaurants or stores with in walking distance. Rate too high for value of what you get.

Friendly staff, clean room

Overall good trip.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

The price was pretty high especially when I add a night. The elevator smelled the urine and it broke down twice. The indoor pool was not open. I got an email the day before I was going to arrive. They knew before I made my plans to vacation at the hotel and should have made me aware prior to m6 arrival date.

The view from my oceanfront room. The beach and staff.

My stay was memorable.
    • Mobile Run of House Room

The noise heard in side room toilets being flushed, door opening and closing. Air conditioning was not in a appropriate place to cool the whole room.

The beach was great! The indoor pool was just redone! The staff was caring, kind and accommodating. The hotel was old but clean. People who brought dogs seemed happy with the policy.

Great Room for the Price
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Inside pool and jacuzzi was not ready. Was really looking forward to using the inside pool. Didn't realize it was pet friendly until after the booking was completed.

Room size, friendly staff. Oceanfront and reasonable prices. Full size fridge and a fullsize coffeemaker, small stove and somewhat comfy beds. Didn't feel cooped up with four adults.

Since pool was being updated, offered Accra to other hotel...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Everything was great, but the elevator was out ofnorser at the time and no access to indoor pool since it was being updated.

Since pool was being updated, offered Accra to other hotel pool which was nice but inconvenient. The beds were very comfortable and room had full kitchen with a great view.

It was good.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Having sand in the room house keeper dont go to clean they should give you a broom so you can clean.

Bed was really soft. They should keep a broom in each room so the guest can clan the sand thats there in the floor. Cus the housekeeper dont go everyday and clean until you leave.

Coulda got better for same price
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Found a roach crawling up wall not enough towels was told if used kitchen if not cleaned when left would be charged daily so didn't use

Location was excellent

Great views. Great price. Nice motel.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Oceanfront View

Liked that it had a separate living room. Staff was great. Views were wonderful. Nice to have a private balcony. We had one of the newly remodeled rooms. It was great. Best of all, you can bring your pet :) If you are high society and used to silk sheets. Then no this is not for you. lol But it was awesome. Defiantly going back again.

It was overall pretty decent.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

That the indoor pool was closed and construction was ongoing while we were there. But they did warn everyone like a week before I guess. And there were always delays with the towels. We also didnt like the hard wood because it was always dirty and stuff sticks to your feet constantly. Also in their defense it's probably smart due to the pets and sand.

I loved the enclosed balcony we had, but it was only one of four like that so we got lucky!

Much better than previous stay. I don't think a pet fee should be charge for each night.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Oceanfront View

Only thing toilet need updating too low. And bed linen had stains.

We requested room with hardwood floor and this was much better. Room was much cleaner. No bugs in sight this time. We were awaken one morning by the bug inspector, which was appreciated. .

Nice get away and would consider staying here again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Some areas could use a bit of remodeling, however, weren't bad. Housekeeping was slow and didn't always replace dirty towels with clean towels so we were left with no clean towels to use one morning. Once it was brought to their attention the room was serviced.

Good location, great view and friendly staff.

Expected more for the price
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

For the price I feel like hot breakfasr should have been included, my room needed some more attention to cleanliness.the parking was terrible small spots and people were taking 2 because it looked like the designer used a smart car for making the spaces.

The location on the beach was great

I'd recommend it to non-smokers with pets.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

The bathrooms by the pool needs mats. My son and I both fell once. A lady got bed bugs while she was there. No designated smoking area. Very inconvenient to have to leave to smoke with a toddler. It never said anything about that in the summary. Dogs everywhere.

the free movie rentals in the lobby was nice . The inside pool and hot tub for a break from the sun.

Fantastic graduation trip for my daughter and stayed in a great place.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

The room was great with having a kitchen in it. Would have been nice if it would have had some pans to cook with but luckily I had read previous reviews and knew to bring a couple of my own. Cooktop was cracked on th stove in the room we stayed in but still worked. Only thing that is highly suggested is put an epoxy on the stuff on balconies so when you step out on it from your room you don’t track the stuff back in that is laid down to make it rough.

Great location!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

I wish there was more furniture on the balcony but the view was nice.

Great location! I loved that there was an indoor pool and outdoor pool. The free movie rentals in the lobby were a nice touch.

Great Staff but hotel not up to expectations

I asked for oceanfront and got ocean view. My view was of an old hotel next door and the people were looking in our room the whole time, so i had to keep window closed most of time. Air conditioner didn't work half the time. Pillows were old and lumpy. Non smoking hotel and the smell of marijuana would knock you out.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable.

We liked everything about it!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

There were a few things missing from the kitchen but we managed and our room could use a deep cleaning mostly under beds and furniture. Other than that everything was great. 😊

We liked everything about it! The best pet friendly hotel ever.

Don’t bother staying here!!

Bed was broken, mold on shower curtain, bathroom was small and had cracks everywhere, furniture had tear marks, balcony was small, room was small, the staff were rude except for the girl who checked me in. Terrible place to stay!

Close to the beach

Not a good choice of hotel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

The staff was so rude. From the time in check in till we left. We check in the guyat the front didn't even really look at me. Didn't tell me much about the hotel. I had to ask questions an he would say just enough. The beds were stiffed. The room had all these green an blue thing all over floor could not figure out what they were till I went on balcony an saw they were the floor of the balcony. Made me feel like no one clean up. Then we were only staying for two nights so next day didn't use maid service. This lady Tell us about a bag for not getting it while in the hot an said lady who check her in let her know about this. So when we were going up stairs we stop by front desk. To ask about the bag. How rude can one lady be about it. I work in customer service. I was so mad how rude she was. I was just asking a question. Then when in hot tub in side the bubbles stop an would not come back on. No one fix it by the time I was leaving. I understand busy time threw Bike Week. Only my second time. I travel offen with my kids. But due to how rude people were in your hotel because it was a busy weekend. I will not return here or will I tell anyone I know to use y'all. I was so disappointed at the choose of hotel I picked. An on top of it booking.com did not tell me the pool might be closed or that we could not have trailers at this hotel. Jessica Diehl

Was right on beach.

Definitely not staying here again
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Unhygienic rooms and stinking hallways with cigarette butts on the floor. Some rooms had flooded with a burst drain pipe. Waited for an hour to get our room ready.

Good views of the ocean. Friendly staff.

I enjoyed my vacation and being able to bring my dog.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

1st day housekeeping didn't sweep or replenish shampoo and conditioner. The closet appeared to have mold on the ceiling.

I liked the public balcony on the second floor. Great view of the ocean.

We enjoyed the movie rentals in the lobby.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

The security cameras were a lot. My sense of security was high, however I felt like they were a little obtrusive pointing directly at the balconies and not at entrances.

We enjoyed the movie rentals in the lobby. The newly renovated rooms looked great.

Room was small but service was good. Maintenance on pool was a bummer.

You should advertise non smoking. Also if the pool is being closed for maintenance you should let us know. Indoor pool is why we booked there.

Spa, outdoor pool

Pets somewhat welcome.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Staff wasn't very friendly. For it being a pet friendly hotel, it seemed like all of the staff was afraid of dogs. I saw several cower in a corner or beat a quick retreat when they saw a dog on a leash coming toward them.

It was pet friendly and did have a nice pet potty area in the lower level parking garage so you didn't have to go all the way to the beach.

Bed bugs!!!
    • Mobile Run of House Room

They have bed bugs! No joke! We stayed two nights there and each morning we woke up with more and more bites on our entire body. I wrote them an email about this right away but never heard from them back. What a joke! I would never ever touch this hotel! Unless you want your vacation to ruin too!!!

Cheap place, GREAT location

It is very worn, plaster ceilings crumbling, room carpets very dirty, VERY difficult to regulate shower water, in the middle of showering the water would turn freezing, so we adjust the temp and in 30 seconds we would practically be scalded.The outdoor hot tub needs cleaned more often and their website didn't mention that the indoor pool and hot tub were closed for maintenance, so we get there and it's closed for the entire time we were there.

The location was fantastic! Right on the beach, just a quick walk to the sand and its in a quiet section of the city. There was a Wal-Mart neighborhood store just a few blocks away, we bought some food for in our room and saved money on eating out. Loved the foot wash after the beach, it's an automatic spray, just step on it and presto! Clean feet! The balconies on every room was nice for drying swim suits. The staff are SOO friendly and helpful, even the maintenance staff! Recommended good places to eat, gave great walking directions. Loved the free DVD box in the lobby, they are current releases, too. The outdoor pool was great too.

Beautiful Beach

Only thing I didn’t like that they hotel don’t serve Breakfast and drinks. Everything else was great.

Good room Good service Beautiful area Good location Affordable

We enjoyed our stay would stay again.

Elevator to the 8th floor malfunctioned. We were on the 8th floor

Housekeeping staff were excellent as well as the young woman at the front desk during the day

A simple and relaxing getaway.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

I definitely got what I paid for with this room. It exceeded my expectations and made our trip very wonderful. We were not aware until we checked in that we would be given a coupon book for free, free beach towels, and free movies to take to our room and watch. The room was excellent and had a great view. We will definitely stay here the next time we come to the beach! Also, the staff was very friendly.

room #402 sucked do not let them stick you in this room ... ocean view ...lol

1 hanger in closet ...called down for more and staff said they don't supply hangers who brim who hangers to the beach very disappointed ...will not be back

pet friendly

It was a horrible experience and I’ll never do it again!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Everything, I paid for ocean front/view and they put me in the room in the basement. The only view I had was the outside hot tub and people. The room had visible black mold, intermittent hot water in the shower during your shower. I asked upon check in to be moved and they could not do I will never book that hotel again due to such poor service and facilities, was no where near worth what I paid for the room.

The only thing that bothered me is the we had roaches in the...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

The only thing that bothered me is the we had roaches in the bathroom and I reported it and nothing was done no discount on room nobody came to spray or anything!

in general the staff was friendly, and the hotel was clean and reasonably maintained enjoyed being
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

kepp running out of bath linens before getting to our room. we got the items on our way back in for the evening

being on the ocean, located close to restaurants and entertainment

Cleaner than other properties that we have stayed at before...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Plumbing could use a little work. No water pressure in shower and water temp Too hot or too cold.

Cleaner than other properties that we have stayed at before that allowed dogs. Only Small dogs at this property

The staff for the most part was very friendly and polite.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

No restaurants or bars, chlorine levels at the inside hot tub and inside pool where extremely high, renovation going on in the rooms next to mine and was not told about it so very loud all during the day, not enough parking. Elevators did not work well, they were Broken more then they worked. Rooms did not get cleaned the way they were stated.

The staff for the most part was very friendly and polite.

Nice room but would have loved better customer service and consideration.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Called ahead about pet fees and was misinformed. Ended up paying more than expected because of the misinformation and lack of detail in communication. The staff was very poor on customer service and consideration, in general during my entire week stay. A lot of people were told the month of March was free as far as pet fees, yet they didn’t honor most bookings with that special because of booking through third party sites (such as booking.com, expedia, etc) I was told that I must have talked to someone new when I called ahead before booking and got misinformed. The garbage shoot was very rough to open and I did not like the ground of the balconies... which may sound picky but it’s made out of a rough turf material (I guess for the pets?) which hurts your feet and keeps breaking off into little pieces, going into the room. There was a lot of noise during my stay and I was told that they were renovating above me. My DVD player had to be replaced from not working. My room key couldn’t be too close to my phone or it would mess up the room key. The staff wasn’t very helpful on information around the area. Overall, the room and basic necessities were decent suited given the rates but the consideration of guests and customer service sucked. The pools were nice but the indoor hot tub was sad and pathetic. Looked like something poorly made from the 60s or 70s and was uncomfortable to be in.

Good views with private balcony. Resort with indoor and outdoor pool, where you can bring your pet. Housekeeping was helpful, unlike “management”. They offer some free dvds in a dvd machine in the lobby which I thought was nice. There is one small circular pool outside that’s heated, which I really enjoyed. I liked that the pool hours went until 10 or 11 I think. Beach access was super easy and convenient. Parking was free and convenient also.

Went there for our anniversary. It was so relaxing to watch the ocean and hear the waves crashing.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Not enough towels in the room. After coming from the beach you need to shower again.

Loved the view! And the shower water pressure was awesome! Every place needs this.

The view of the ocean, how I was right there on the beach,...

The view of the ocean, how I was right there on the beach, the kids loved the outdoor hot hot the enjoyed the indoor pool and I love how they allow our fur babies and had their own place to use bathroom, excellent place to stay! Definitely will be going back

Great location, not so good with cleaning staff.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Some of the promised offers such as dog park and dog sitter, weren't available. They told us things were getting remodeled. Our room was sandwiched between two rooms getting remodeled. It made it horrible for days in the room with all the noise. We called to see about relocating and they said they had nothing available.

I love the attention to dogs they offered. They gave little dog kits so you could pick up after your dog.

The property was great for being close to beach,...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

I didn't like the kids being without parents that were under the age 16 and all you heard was screaming from the kids so you couldn't enjoy the indoor pool.

The property was great for being close to beach, entertainment, and stores. Nice place I would stay there again.

Pay Attention to All Reviews
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

A guest put her dog in the pool which caused me and my family to no longer want to get in! One of the staff a middle aged white woman was picking over myself and another black lady for service and a nice white gentleman reminded her that we were there for services first and I thought that she represented her company very poorly!!! The boardwalk was a lil hump bcuz of the traffic but it caused us to sightsee! The outside parking garage on the 1st floor is a joke! It rained Saturday and the rain and downpour of water drained all over us and cars under the garage! Very Slow elevators!!! That was so awful I mean really really awful! Besides those issues everything was a 10 all big smiles!!! Housekeeping and Maintenance workers are at hand reach which that is a big plus in my book!

The room was clean! The property was clean! The view from our oceanfront balcony was amazing! The housekeepers and housemen were beyond helpful!

Disappointed
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Was unable to get in room until after 6 pm. Was not called when we left the property to tell us when room was ready. Had to call back at 6 to find out. Asked for room no higher than 5th floor, was put on 8th.

Ocean front.

It was nice to be oceanfront at a great price and my dog could come! Needs updates!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

The mattress was the worst ever- horrible noise with every little move and they had to have been very old - floors in room were filthy when we got there- we had to chase down housekeeping for appropriate amount of towels and washcloths daily but staff was very nice!

Oceanfront and dog friendly

We had a wonderful to
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Loved being up high on the 9th floor but the elevators were slow. To get from the basement pool area with the office on the 2nd up to the 9th there was a lot of waiting

Great room with full kitchen. Ocean front. Indoor pool was great. Staff was super nice and very helpful with things to do and places to eat. Cleaning staff did a great job on the room each day. Overall loved it!!

For what I paid I can’t say that I felt I had my monies worth.

The shower was stuck so I could never run water into the tub. I had extra towels given to me upon request bc house keeping didn’t make it one day but then they were taken the next day. The water was either really hot or really cold and didn’t stay the same temperature.

The walk to the beach was easy. The beds were decent.

Gorgeous view, clean and comfortable.
    • Mobile Run of House Room

As soon as you walked out of the room, you were hit with the overwhelming stench of rotten garbage. This was the only downfall (besides no smoking on the balcony).

They had the most comfortable bed of any place we have stayed in Myrtle Beach!

For a pet friendly hotel I was happy with the overall...

Pool was not very deep, and housekeeping never came in our room.

For a pet friendly hotel I was happy with the overall cleanliness. The pools, and hot tub where large. Staff was very friendly!

The room smell really bad like dog pee and I don’t like this...

Room smell really bad

The room smell really bad like dog pee and I don’t like this hotel at all I can even stay the whole day I just been there for around 4 hours and then I live the same day n

Undecided choice make rouls clear in add
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Oceanfront View

Housekeeping not offering supplies, and the fact that wasn't informed of the non smoking rules that would of been nice to know up front not when you arrive after being paid for and seeing dog poo everywhere seems several were not following the rules

The view was beautiful

Very good location and I liked the outdoor hot tub.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

I did not realize when we booked this was a hotel for dogs. I saw that they could accommodate small animals for a fee every night but when we got there almost every guest had an animal. They need to make that more clear. It smelled like wet dog through out the hotel.

Very good location and I liked the outdoor hot tub. Cleaning staff did good job cleaning.

Would stay again because it's pet friendly if there wasn't a fee!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

The rate was to high based in the fact that there were roaches in my room, cigarette burn marks in my bathroom tub even though hotel supposed to be smoke free. Sheets and towels had spots on them. Bed had hairs in it and also bathtub. Just wasn't as clean as could be. And the security cameras pointed towards balconies makes you uneasy.

I liked that it was oceanfront and Pet friendly. Had many oceanfront rooms.

My stay was alright due to the little things I mentioned.

The room I stayed in was small and it didn't like that on the picture. The bathroom was small also. The lighting in the room wasn't that great. The sink in the bathroom was going out slow and I didn't have enough towels for my family.

I like that it's a pet friendly place and the staff was nice

Broken bed, holes in carpet, stay away!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Oceanfront View

Carpet threadbare, sofa threadbare, bed broken, no water pressure, room in desperate need of repairs and new furnishings. Hotel was on higher end of rates for pet friendly available properties. I could have saved $$ and stayed at a cheaper place as it’s impossible to be worse.

Staff was friendly.

We have stayed here a few times before, because of the...

We have stayed here a few times before, because of the location and being pet friendly. They are in the process, (started in January), of remodeling the rooms throughout the facility, which are much needed. Disappointed that for the first time, they upped the prices during the car show!

The only negative I can say about this hotel is it was the...
    • Mobile Run of House Room

The only negative I can say about this hotel is it was the worst shower I’ve ever used. Literally 15 minutes to get lukewarm and constantly changing temperature and no water pressure. Other than that it was super clean and updated for the price definitely the best hotel for the price here

They have a great staff!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

There are cameras facing right at you when you are on the balcony because they are a 100% smoke-free facility this includes the balcony. Just feels a little creepy to me.

They have a great staff! You get a good view of the ocean the sun sets right in front of you and we got to see dolphins from our balcony!

I disappointed with fees hotel charged because I used booking.com.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

I didn’t like arriving to a $20 pet fee and 7.50 access fee. No pet fee if I booked directly with hotel. I have one more reservation with booking.com but will NEVER use that service again. I booked 2 rooms with a dog in each so I paid $160 pet fees plus $60,00 access fees. I was pretty mad! Oh...and for some reason this reservation was not eligible for the booking.com refer a friend reward. I will be telling my friends to skip booking.com. It was a really bad deal. Hotel had no manager on duty most of our stay. When I was finally able to discuss the pet fee she wouldn’t budge. Other guests were paying no pet fee and I was getting ripped off. She said it wouldn’t be “fair” if she didn’t charge me. What kind of logic is that? Others paid less for their room and paid no pet fees...many with over the weight limit for dogs or two pets in a room. I even encountered a pit bull and a boxer in the pet area and these breeds are not allowed per hotel rules. The direct hotel room rate was $3.00 less than I paid booking.com plus I paid the pet fee and access fee.

I lied that I could bring my dog. I liked NO carpet so the pet friendly room didn’t smell like someone ekse’s dog. I had an excellent view.

We will stay here again.Overall stay pleasant.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Morning before we left we never received our clean towels.We were told no towels yet,due to broken dryer--being repaired. This was reported to the front desk and apology was given....4 hour ride home with no morning shower again!

Beds were very comfortable room/view was great bathroom was roomy

I was charged more than what I was told by the Booking.com representative.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

The Booking.com rep assured me that a change in dates would not result in a change in price. The original price was $116.50. I changed the dates and was charged $157.16. Not a huge difference, but enough to make me question whether to use Booking.com in the future. I would rather pay a little more and be comfortable with the information I've been provided rather than be surprised with an unexpected rate change of any amount. As for the property - The lock on the balcony door did not work. The pool was accessible from the outside so there is no security for people going swimming in the evening.

The room was ocean front

It was sufficient
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

Alot of steps to get to the beach,and they say no pets over 20 lbs but we saw several in the building and they were way to hyper for service dog

It's right on the beach

The location is great.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

The room needs to be updated some (painting, walls, etc.). We also did not receive any wash cloths and had to make a special request for some.

The location is great...right on the beach! I also enjoyed the indoor heated pool and hot tub!

Overall great staff , room & hotel stink. You might run across bugs like me.
    • Mobile Run of House Room

The room smelt like wet dog, the hotel smelt of dog. There was a bug in my bed, had me wondering did my room ever get cleaned. According to the description of my room I should have been facing the ocean , but I wasn't. My showers were cold, I had to jump in jump out. I didn't like the fact people allowed their dogs to come up and touch you, instead of holding their dog until they got to their destination .

The staff was very friendly.

Nice and close to The Market Common
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Kitchen- Oceanfront View

There was a few places of rust showing on the door to the balcony. We don’t have dogs and the hotel was dog friendly. The room didn’t have a dog smell. We were in Rm 914

Our room was nice and clean.

Browse Ocean Park Resort traveller photo gallery