2. USA hotel reviews
  3. California hotel reviews
  4. Long Beach hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Scottish Inns

Reviews of Scottish Inns This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

5485 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90805, United States of America

#37 of 66 hotels in Long Beach

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

Location? Possibly.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fridge & furniture looked like it hasn't been clean in a long time. Not worth the money.

Location? Possibly. It was around lots of restaurants.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2019

Big mistake to booked this place
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Unsafe location. We got wake up at 3:30 or in middle of the night by other customers fights 2 times. One night I got scared 2 people where fighting next to our room at 3 am. So it’s too expensive for the place we stayed.

OMG
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The neighborhood was sketchy. The floor was dirty. The toilet didn't flush unless you held it down for a long time then the pressure of the water made it flush. The tub didn't drain. The bed comforter had cigarette burns in it and it was a non-smoking room. It smelled of cigarettes. I had to go buy air freshener bc it was so bad. No muffins in am. Staff could barely speak English let alone understand what I was saying. The ice machine was extremely loud. Two pimps were living here and they brought their prostitutes here.

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

So so
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Loud ice machine, the prostitutes coming and going, the loud heater, the arguments in the parking lot, the loud cars in the parking lot, parking lot is very tiny and hard to get into/out of. Owners barely comprehended English. Hard to communicate with them. No continental breakfast. This is a big one: BOOKING.cin was supposed to match other sites prices plus give me 10percent off my booking but they NEVER did. Liars

The bed was comfortable but the comforter had burns from cigarettes and it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. It reeked of cigarette smoke in the room. I told the staff but they didn't do anything about it. I had to go out and buy air freshener just to be in the room. The toilet barely flushed. You had to hold the snob down for ever then it would finally flush. The bathtub wouldn't drain. The refrig leKed water into the floor so u had to be careful when walking over that area. The stairs are right there and so is the Ice machine so you hear that all the time plus there were couple arguments over by the stairs. This has two guys who bring their prostitutes there all the time upstairs. Not much for breakfast just muffins if you are lucky enough to get up early enough to go for one otherwise they r out. I asked to be put into 101 bc I'm disabled and due to the plumbing issues in 102 but they said it wasn't available which is not true. The door was wide open and no one was in it all day. The owner s barely speak English so good luck trying to communicate with them esp if there is a problem. The heater is very loud at night and sometimes doesn't turn on. I did like the big TV and Coffee Machine in the room but they need to give more coffee and sweeteners for ppl who like more than 2 sweeteners in their coffee.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Satisfied client
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Parking lot too narrow, very tight fit. It's ideal for the mini's. If have a van, forget it. You'll have trouble parking it to a space. I have a CRV and I had trouble getting into a parking space on either side.

Location is good. Fast food restaurant like Jack in the box is a walking distance. I'm satisfied. I got a good night sleep even thought the room I got was for smokers. It didn't bother me since I don't smoke & the odor dissipated during my two day stay. I would defintely stay there again provided they keep the rates as it is.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

Not now I said everething
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The cleaning is bad doors looks terrible dirty the showe curtains ugly the buthtb stained like dirty black I think this place needs a lot cometic work specially on the rooms bathrooms

Not now I said everething

• Reviewed: August 3, 2018

Nice place for the money
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was kind of loud, but this wasn't the fault of the motel. Lots of doors slamming and people yelling. It usually quieted down around 10:30-11:00 pm. Nice place for the money, lousy parking though. Worth it in my opinion!

Front desk lady was very nice. The don't clean your room unless you request them to. Weird. Not a lot of parking available. Never a problem for me as I got back to the motel early enough, but be warned. Ice machine available and coffee machines in room.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Exceeded my expectations for the price. I was soo pleased!
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The ice from the fridge melted made the floor wet and bathtub spout never stopped drippping

The room was large and there was not many sketchy people sharing the motel with me

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

They tried to charge me for a coffee maker that was...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They tried to charge me for a coffee maker that was apparently missing after I left. The man who called me was very rude and short with me. I wouldn’t reccomend

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

They still got things they need to fix
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not a lot of parking. They need to upgrade on there beds every time I stay there weather its onr night or a few each night my back starts to hurt It gets stiffer each night I stay there and in any roon. I stay there a lot a lot and I never get a complementary discountd for being a good client .

Its alright it does the job for a few nights

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Some idiot was revving their car in the courtyard at 6 am in...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Some idiot was revving their car in the courtyard at 6 am in the morning before they left. I doubt this is something the motel could have addressed, though.

• Reviewed: March 9, 2018

It's loud. You can hear street traffic & the parking lot traffic and conversations.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

I booked through Booking.com and when I went to check in I was charged an additional 4% for paying with my debit card. Not cool.

That they offer smoking rooms. The only reason I booked it. Mostly all Hotels in the City of Long Beach, California are now converting to non-smoking. If they haven't already.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Gross!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was totally disgusting. It was absolutely filthy. There was mildew on the shower curtain. Filthy splashed on dirt all over the refrigerator all over the shelving. All the towels had blood on them and pubic hairs. Absolutely worst hotel I’ve ever stayed in my whole life! No stars no start

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

I had a wonderful stay!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I always feel the lighting in the vanity area, could be better for putting on makeup!😉😉

I loved the overall decorating of the room. Love the aqua colour. I also loved the cleaners of the entire room. Thank you!😊

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Location for work area the next day.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Customers talking outside my door till 12:30am. Walls were way too thin and heard every work. Could not go to sleep till very late.

Location for work area the next day.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2017

cheap.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

dirty. stayed in a room that was non-smoking but found a cigarette butt in it. refused to use the tub. was not clean. what do you expect when you stay in a motel?!?

cheap. just a place to stay for the night.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2017

Parking was great and the location was perfect for me
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The walls were dirty, it smelled like old Chinese food in my room, and the bed was as hard as the floor.

Parking was great and the location was perfect for me

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

Clean and the staff were great always asking if we need...
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Nothing really bad to say but maybe just get some better beds to sleep on.

Clean and the staff were great always asking if we need anything!! No one really bothered us witch was nice.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Great stay; conveniently located; friendly staff.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Pillows were really tiny. Sheets and pillowcases had extremely poor thread count and holes in them. Need to invest in some decent bedding.

Fast, friendly and welcoming check-in process. Will definitely go back!

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Meh.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No towels, no services (maybe I’m spoiled but I’m used to at least new towels and maybe a made bed) someone had made their way into our room and smashed a bottle of our soda all over the floor while we were gone. Not a fantastic 3 days

Close enough to downtown Long Beach

• Reviewed: September 30, 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

In the bad part of town gang infested, rude staff I want my money back, also said I couldn’t book for more then one day because they had inspection

• Reviewed: September 22, 2017

would go back.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

1.non smoking facility is a minus.would be nice to accommodate the people that do smoke at least 2 or 3 rooms... 2. the reconstruction can be a little irrtating BUT thats not there fault. 3.deals on 2 beds would be great the deals only on 1 bed

comfortable for the most part..they make you feel like your home away from home.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

Do not stay here..
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The outside was promising. As soon as we opened the door there were 2 live cockroaches on the floor. We immediately noticed small flies all through the room and a harsh incense type of odor. There was a sticky area covered with small dead bugs next to mini fridge and what appeared to be a saw dust type of material on top of it. I spent an hour and half killing as many little flies as I could this was at 11 o clock at night. I was tired after working all day and driving from Las Vegas to Long Beach.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Adequate hotel for frugal travelers
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Shower head was made for person less than 5 feet tall, the shower faucet dripped constantly, not enough parking spaces,for the rooms and we ended up parking on the street one night.

The hotel was clean, staff was polite and tried to be accommodating. After requested room to be cleaned, it was kept up every day.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2017

If you want to hang out with pimps, you whores and drugs this is the place for you. HORRIBLE!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms were nasty, sheets nasty with big spots on them, refrigerators were nasty and not cold, air conditioner was nasty and had a nasty odor, shower pressure was awful, tv's didn't work, wifi didn't work, all kind of people hanging outside, cracks in the doors, for the amount of money we paid this was an horrible experience. I will never ever go here again or recommend this place to anyone ever. This was a place for pimps and whores to hang out, no way near kid friendly or family friendly.

We didn't like anything about this place.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2017

The front staff was super polite and friendly.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The floor was dirty enough we had to wear socks at all times unless we wanted black feet, as well as the plumbing for the toilet was not the best. The bed was also hard as a rock. Otherwise it was a fairly decent room.

The front staff was super polite and friendly. Wonderful shower pressure. The room was simple, fairly clean when first entering, perfect for a place to get shut eye if you're doing a lot of visiting to the ocean or L.A. Less than 5 mins from the Metro train.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Dirty sheets !!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Dirty bathroom hair and stuff in sheets sheets where not clean !!! Disgusting slept in too I'm clothing with a shirt wrapped around my hair

Location was close to freeway

• Reviewed: June 16, 2017

Great Staff, everything else not so great
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was extremely dirty. Dirt and dust everywhere. I tried to walk around barefoot and my feet turned black from the grime on the floor. Bed was super hard and uncomfortable. Woke up with a backache.

Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2017

The staff was friendly and accommodating.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I would have liked to have a softer mattress, but this is a matter of preference. The mattresses are hard, but clean.

The staff was friendly and accommodating. We were in Long Beach to assist my mother with her move and we had no issues with the hotel at all.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2017

Pleasant and private. 😉
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Microwave not in my room or at least on the second floor where I was located.

The staff always asked if I need anything when I went to the front desk and when they were cleaning.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2017

The sink, counter, and tub was dirty.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The sink, counter, and tub was dirty. The bedspread was dirty as well and I had to ask for a broom to sweep. Fitted cheap sheets would be nice instead of 2 flat ones. Overall the motel is decent on the outside but housekeeping need a lesson in surface cleaning and deep cleaning.

• Reviewed: February 13, 2019

Bad experience, truck was broken into and I lost some...
    • Queen Room - Smoking

My truck was broken into.

Bad experience, truck was broken into and I lost some personal tools.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

Overall great to sleep for the night n relax
    • Queen Room - Smoking

No micro wave n one towel looked a lil dingy

Quiet standard room. No microwave. But there was a TV, wifi, ironing board n blowdryer n mini fridge.

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

Over all the room was very dirty.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Over all the room was very dirty. Super noisy, people screaming all night.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

3.5
    It’s good to be here

I like a quiet place

The place

• Reviewed: January 10, 2019

The room clean and everything but I have to go over it an...

I like everything

The room clean and everything but I have to go over it an in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

Good will return

Parking

Pillows, room was big

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

It was fine
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Nothing. It was fine for what was needed which was to ensure my granddaughter was safe

It served it's basic price which was to provide shelter

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

• Queen Room - Smoking

Room felt cheaply updated, walls are not proofed for sounds heard next doors party and sexual activities throughout the night

• Reviewed: December 26, 2018

• Queen Room - Smoking

Staff more interested with their cell phone than helping guest check in. I was put on hold, not her call.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

Everything but I'm use to cleaning my own room when I...
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Everything but I'm use to cleaning my own room when I first come through even though I love it it's nice and clean. You would like too

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Nice place, good location. Needs to be cleaner.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed cover dirty, ash on the bed, and trash behind the bed. Shower curtain was dirty.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

compatible

VERY Nice Room

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

No adult movies

No adult movies

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

Quite, That has Coffee Maker for the Morning, Iron board,An...

Nothing !!!

Quite, That has Coffee Maker for the Morning, Iron board,An Phone too ???

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

I love it well Book it again !
    • Queen Room - Smoking

I love it well Book it again !!!

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Bed like a cloud
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Everything was to my satisfaction

Bed like a cloud

WiFi and great customer service

WiFi and great customer service

Don’t rent here!

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

The rooms are worth the money you pay for
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Second time I stayed over there was no trash can

The mirrors next to the bed, it’s a cozy place, the size of the room and decoration was also nice

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

Everything nice clean quite
    • Queen Room - Smoking

A pleasant place to stay O

Everything nice clean quite

Wasn't worth $85

Dirty unclean

Food in walking distance

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Very misleading information posted on booking.com which present a major problem for
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The check in rules. Which were not posted on booking.com

Absolutely nothintg! Except I love the breakfast donuts

• Reviewed: September 5, 2018

Would not recommend if you need more than a night stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bugs in the room. My girlfriend and I were bit almost immediately. The room was not very clean, we cleaned the room during our stay.

It had a bed.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Good place I would reccomend.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The parking spots, it was a mission to park.

Comfy environment, beds, and great privacy!

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

We weren't able to make the stay longer.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

We weren't able to make the stay longer.😁

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

It was empty
    • Queen Room - Smoking

It was horrible staff and location

It was empty

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

No microwave in rooms

No microwave in rooms

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

it was very easy to find - and no noise
    • Queen Room - Smoking

the refrigerator didn't worked!

the bed was comfortable and the AC - love them

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

If I didn't have my daughter with me I would have cancelled the room and slept in my car
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room hadn't been cleaned. The mini fridge was super dirty. Flies in the room and the floors hadn't been swept or mopped.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2018

Clean neat nice staff

Nothing wrong

Clean neat nice staff

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

Very unsatisfied customer
    • Queen Room - Smoking

They lyed said they got breakfast and they dont

Nothing it was dirty no 7up no breakfast

Staff was extremely Pleasant everyone was really friendly

Not the greatest neighborhood

Staff was extremely Pleasant everyone was really friendly

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

The stay was great. I forgot my charger to my phone they cslled me to let me know
    • Queen Room - Smoking

No microwave in the room

The people are super nice and respectul

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

The owner was very nice.

The owner was very nice. I also forgot my phone charger and they called to let me know i forgot it

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Would not stay again at this property ever
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Was not a good experience at all very poor service and staff very unexperience

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Nice place, conveniently located.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nice place, conveniently located.

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

No problemos p

Nada

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

If I ever came again I'd bring bleach and pine sol .
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Room was dusty felt like something crawling on me

Easy check in

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

Good WiFi
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Theirs only one Microwave in the whole building . None in no rooms .

Good WiFi

• Reviewed: February 17, 2018

Not worth it.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms did not meet expectations at all! And parking was horrible!!

We Price Match