Reviews of Ocean Gate Inn 2 stars

5.7

6.2

5.9

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Probably won't stay there again.
    • King Room with View

We took the stairs to the 3rd floor, because the elevator sounded like it was going to die. Someone was smoking outside and our room smelled like cigarette smoke. Toilet seat cover was broken. Finally took it off and put it on the floor.

Good location. Staff was nice. Liked the Olive Oil shampoo/conditioner and lotion.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Not worth the money AT ALL
    • King Room with View

The room was out of date. The shower was a dribble, there were cobwebs, toilet seat was loose, there was no shampoo in the shower, no amenities, and it was $300 for one night! Never again.

The bed was big and there was a view of the river and free parking. That’s it.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The bed was very comfortable and the plows were extremely...
    • King Room with View

The location is a bit skeptical, as we didn't exactly feel safe at times. It is on a fairly busy street so it isn't exactly quiet, especially when trying to sleep. The elevator was rickety and made us nervous each time we had to use it. The bathroom door didn't latch, so even when locked, you could still push it open

The bed was very comfortable and the plows were extremely soft. There's a nice view of the boardwalk which is beautifully lit up at night. There is also a nice TV in the rooms with clear picture. There was also a decent size fridge.

Not worth the money I paid for the room
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom door didn't close all the way. I asked for a non smoking room and the entire hallway smelt like cigarette smoke. The room smelt like dirty old carpet. The walls of the room were dirty. The bed was very uncomfortable. I will not be staying at this location again.

The location was close to the boardwalk which was great. Only a few minutes walk.

It was kind of close to the Boardwalk
    • King Room - Disability Access

When we got to our room, there was a dirty pair of pants hanging in the closet. The room smelled of Nasty cologne. We went to take a shower that afternoon and once the shower was turned in it broke and flooded the bathroom. The next day we went into town for a few hours. We came back and our door was wide open. My husband went to the office and expressed our concern and they could care less. We checked out early, obviously. They would not reimburse us for the night. They were very mean. I noticed a few days later one of my very expensive necklace is missing. I’ve called them to see if they have found it. Never a phone call back. This place is awful. Do not stay here. You will regret it, I promise!!

It was kind of close to the Boardwalk

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Best price for the location.
    • King Room with View

The walls seem a little thin and parking was tough ( I have a chevy Silverado, 1500) but only had people next to us one night and everything we needed was in walking distance!

The boardwalk is less than a mile, right across the water, perfect walking distance.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Clean room and sheets, but the bathroom door both sides...
    • King Room - Smoking

Manager was grumpy coming in to help with the tv wearing sweatpants at 3:30 in the afternoon. The lightbulb on the side table needs a change, kept flickering and was dim.

Clean room and sheets, but the bathroom door both sides could use a wipe down. Lots of old random liquid stains. Tv has good channels. Balcony is convenient and fun!

Short and sweet.
    • King Room with View

The rooms smell like cigarettes unfortunately tho there is no smoking. Limited parking. The bathrooms need to be remodeled badly!

The view from our room was great and bed was very comfortable. The AC worked.

It was convenient and good location
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was not very accommodating, we called to ask for toilet paper and Kleenex, the staff said to that they will not bring us anything and that we needed to go downstairs and get what we needed. We had no problem checking in and the front desk was very nice but the actual customer service was not ok.

It was convenient and good location

Great location & view
    • King Room with View

San Lorenzo is noisy and it appears to be a drag strip at night. Wanted to leave the windows open for the sea breeze but not possible (if we wanted to sleep). Hope the proprietors show this review to local law enforcement since it could really impact business.

Loved the location - we could see the boardwalk rides and it was right on the San Lorenzo river. Great balcony, spacious room, clean, very affordable considering the location and season (Aug)

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Good location is the only good out of this place.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff was extremely rude, building smelled like cigarettes, in my room it smelled like sweat and smoke. Carpet was beyond nasty.

Good location is the only good out of this place.

Needed that location. Cost was too high for what was there.
    • King Room with View

Carpet was dirty. The coffee pot was dirty, so I cleaned it to use. The next day it had not been cleaned and supplies not replenished. The soap was unusable. Room was dark. Toiletries were inadequate.

Comfortable and great location. Everything within walking distance.
    • King Room with View

I wish there were a valet for my luggage.

The view is fantastic! You can see the San Lorenzo river and the rides at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk. I walked from the motel to the Boardwalk. The proprietor let me leave my car in lot while I went to explore the boardwalk. Also there was an elevator which made it easier to bring my things to the room especially since I was on the 3rd floor. The wifi worked well and there was a hair dryer.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

horrible stay rating:1 star out of 5
    • King Room with View

staff was the owner whom was very rude and give sarcastic remarks they live behind office,the place was filthy as if no one cleaned the room the sheets on bed were dirty looks like they were tryna save money from laundry,bedsheets looked scary as if there were roaches under sheets, there was bugs crawling and flying around, location is next to sewer so it smells,rugs had mold and liquid dirt on it,place was dusty, i think place is over priced for a place like this

none

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Convenience to where I needed to be.
    • King Room - Smoking

The smell was absolutely terrible. The room felt like there was a thick layer of smoke. Tons of blemishes and nothing felt clean except the shower. The noise from the other rooms was absolutely frustrating.

Convenience to where I needed to be. But there are many hotels in the area to choose from

A joke. Would never recommend this place to anyone.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Everything. The Indian guy who runs the place was absolutely as rude as it gets. We had bugs in our bed and he didn’t even want to offer us new sheets or anything. Just kept saying “these not bed bugs” we get it man. They are just these black bugs hopping around our bed. No big deal. Ridiculous. Would never go here again

Only thing I liked was the person who checked us in. Other than that. Nothing

Other then the rooms needing a touch up, it’s always an overall good stay here when we come!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms could use a little more TLC. Feel like the interior could use a remodel just to make it feel more homeish

I enjoyed the location. We’ve stayed here a few times now and we’ve never had a bad experience. Love how you have a big balcony and the walk to the boardwalk isn’t bad at all.

Price is cheap for a reason. (Not a complaint but an observation.)
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hallways smell of pure smoke. First room had clogged shower. The second room given had no hot water. Room ceiling had unpainted patchwork and room was run down. Balcony view was horrible unlike the pictures.

The location was incredible. The Boardwalk, food, and liquor stores are all walking distance.

We would stay here again if our other two favorite motels are booked.
    • King Room - Disability Access

We didn't have a balcony like advertised. The shower was small. Parking was limited and difficult with a large pickup. Our room was on the street and extremely noisy between the massive amount of cars and pedestrians.

The room was clean and up to date except for a few blemishes. It was definitely easy walking distance to the Boardwalk and restaurants.

If your looking for a room close to the beach on a budget this is a good place.
    • King Room with View

The room was decent. Not as clean as I would of preferred but it was clean. One of the lamps didn't work and the toilet seat lid was broken. It also smelt like curry or something weird when we first went in the room. And the noise from the traffic below was a bit annoying especially at night while trying to sleep.

The view was fantastic! We could see the board walk and the water from our balcony. The balcony was a huge bonus and on the 3rd floor. The price was great especially for being so close to the holiday and the location of the room. The bed was very comfy and the staff was really friendly. Overall the pros out weighted the cons and I'd stay here again for the right price of course.

Elevator service.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Really bad draining problems on all the plumbing - sink, bathtub & especially toilet using low pressure water tank, thus draining issue!!

Elevator service.

The keys expire everyday, so you need to go get them redone...
    • King Room with View

The keys expire everyday, so you need to go get them redone by the front office every morning. The towels were not clean, there was something brown on them which I’m really hoping was chocolate or make up or something. Shower was old and falling apart.

Not the best, not the worst.
    • King Room - Disability Access

T.v. didn't work and we didn't feel too safe. Their was a deal going on in the parking lot when we arrived. Also we saw the lobby guy go into the room next door after we seen them leave a few min earlier. So I felt a little paranoid leaving my room alone with my belongings.

I should have cancelled ,I wish I could get a refund. This is the first time ever I complained.
    • King Room with View

The employees will not do a thing to help , You're on your own. Some of my food went bad because of the heat. I waited out in the sidewalk for hours before could check in , By the time I checked in It was so dark I couldn't see a thing.

The room door was loose so Everytime any door opened anywhere,it sounded like my door was being opened , I couldn't sleep good for that reason .

It was great walking distance to the boardwalk nice and...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room was on top floor, and elevator was broken so hauling everything down and up the stairs was a work out

It was great walking distance to the boardwalk nice and quiet at night. I love the balcony!

Bad area, no view like it shows in pics. Parking was awful, staff was grumpy. Elevator didn't work.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff and smell in room. Fridge did not have adequate space. And freezer did not work.

Staff seemed annoyed, not friendly at all. Room appeared clean but had a smell. Parking was awful. Very tight limited spaces.

Great value.
    • King Room with View

The carpets could use some updating, there were stains and what seemed like burns. But other than that very clean.

I didn't want to spend a lot on a motel and this one was very affordable. It is nothing fancy but got exactly what I needed for a cheap price. Nice bed, clean bathroom. It was a short walk to the boardwalk and even had a balcony I could sit on and see the boardwalk from. Perfect for my little trip to Santa Cruz.

The property was great!
    • King Room with View

The beds were a little hard but that was ok after a long day of walking. The remote for the TV didn’t work but that just gave us a chance to really relax.

The property was great! Felt very safe and it was very clean. Great view. Also the bathtub was insanely clean.

Would never go back.
    • King Room with View

The room was a non smoking room but the room and the hallway outside reeked of cigarette smoke. The room was not clean and the woman at the check in desk was continually talking to a man also behind the desk in Indian. It made us very uncomfortable not to known what they were talking about. The hotel itself was very run down and needed lots of clean up I would not recommend this place to anyone.

the shower curtain had a lot of stains, the towels too and so as the carpet. The view in our room
    • King Room - Disability Access

I was inside in the room when the housekeeping ladies came in the room, they just basically changed the towels and did the bed. They didn’t changed the sheets, pillow cases or attempted to clean the bathroom. Very disappointing.

I did not stay there
    • King Room with View

The previous tenant was not checked out in time which meant I could not check in early or even at 3pm because they did not know when he would be out, and 2 hours to clean room

The location sells the property, but it is not a hotel I...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Black mold on shower walls. Hallways smell like smoke. Very thin walls and loud doors. Run down facilities. Not good for romantic trips or family trips.

The location sells the property, but it is not a hotel I will ever use or recommend.

Definitely, the strong smoke odor in the room!
    • King Room - Disability Access

Definitely, the strong smoke odor in the room! Even though when we got a non smoke room, the room had a strong odor. It is not recommended if traveling with children.

Was not very good and will not stay again
    • King Room with View

Coach roches, the shower water pressure was bad, noisy people jumping on the bed, slamming doors at all hours, staff was ok, dirty outside the building and surrounding areas.

Free WiFi. And all. The hbo channels

It was not worth it
    • King Room with View

There were cockroaches and bed was not comfortable. I didn’t feel right sleeping with their blankets they smelt weird. And floor looked dirty. Needs tlc

The rooms were discussing and not worth the money
    • King Room with View

Every thing about the hotel. You could hear everything that was going on in the hall and outside it was just terrible all around.

The Food on the boardwalk

just okay.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

the place did not look as nice as it appears online. The room had a couple of defects and the receptionist was not very helpful.

It was dirty.
    • King Room with View

it was dirty, no info on the website about smoking rooms, too much $$$ for the room, not trying to please the paying customer. I normally stay here but was very disappointed this time

Try a different hotel.
    • King Room with View

The staff was unpleasant. Late check in, we got there and was told to come back in an hour. So we came back TWO hours later and the room was still NOT ready. Had to come back a half hour later. Disgusting room, Filthy honeslty. We bought Clorox wipes and cleaned eveything “again”. The room had an awful smell. We got a non smoking room that still smelled like smoke. The surrounding neighborhood was nerve racking.

Only thing decent about this place was the king sized bed.

Very Very Very BAD

When we Left

The Bed Spread had Holes 2 The Shower had no handle 3 The Room Had A Bad Oder 4 Someone took my Phone out of my car asked for video tape for police they would not give it (teck on vacation) . Outside trash cans full of trash.

I wouldn’t go back.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room was very outdated and the surrounding area did not appear very safe. The fact that the front desk had 15+ video cameras area the place was a pro and a con.

The bed a comfortable.

Disappointing. We didn't expect much, despite the price, but it didn't even approach that standard.
    • King Room with View

The beds were hard and old. The bathtub had been poorly maintained and patched. There were huge globs of unsightly grey caulking all over the place. The outlets had been taken off and not covered or patched so that the only thing left were holes in the walls. You could hear the squeaky fans from the neighboring rooms' airconditioning/heating units all night long. There were homeless people digging through the dumpsters in the parking lot where we were expected to leave our vehicle. There were trucks dropping off and picking up prostitutes when we got there.

The size of the room and the bed.
    • King Room with View

Upon entering the bathroom the toilet was filled with hair (not mine). Upon arrival the front desk person was not friendly and his body odor was very offense. My pillowcases were stained as well.

The size of the room and the bed.

Big comfortable room and bed. Nice clean carpet.
    • King Room with View

Road noise. But i slept just fine. It just sounded like wind or ocean waves.

Bed. Slept great. Balcony over looking river walk with Boardwalk rollercoaster in background. My wife and child walked along river while i was at work. They loved it.

I would have stayed somewhere else had I not already booked the room, it was dirty and smelly.
    • King Room with View

The manager was rude, check in time was later than expected, comforter had cigarette burns in them, and smelled, the entire place smelled like curry and cigarettes, you have to ring the bell many times to get service, there were scummy people staying in the rooms that we could see and hear, overall it was a gross hotel that I overplayed for. When paying almost 100 dollars for a room you expect to be treated well and have a clean room. Do not go here if that's what you are looking for.

Management is rude and no toiletries were provided
    • King Room with View

Management was rude only two towels. Attempted to extort money from us at 10:00pm or tried to kick us out. Had to call police on management and file a report

Clean, affordable place to stay a night or 2
    • King Room with View

Room was very large, and clean. King bed was comfy. Man at the front was very unfriendly and make it seem as though I was bothering him or disturbing him as his apartment is connected to the office. Tv was blurry so I had to ask him to help me, and he didn’t seem to happy about it.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

This is my top choice to stay in Santa Cruz!
    • King Room with View

The rooms are spacious with a bathtub as well as a shower. Huge sliding glass doors open onto an outdoor patio overlooking the river towards the beach and Boardwalk.

Try other hotels.
    • King Room with View

2days before I left mid november of my stay, the BATH AND SINK were CLOGGED. and when I asked for an extra coffee pouch for my extra stay,The staff just ignored me. Poor customer service. no Smile no greeting whatsoever.

Bed Bugs
    • King Room with View

Got 18 bed bug bites, some each night. They showed the day I left, because they always take 24-36 hours to arise due to insect anesthetic. Hotel only offered a partial refund. Bites itched for 8 days.

Not booking here again
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The inside of the building where my room was located smelled like smoke, the carpet was dirty, the mini fridge in our room did not work, there was mold on the restroom ceiling. The guy at the front desk seemed upset we had to wake him up to turn in our key the next day.

It was a 10-15 min walking distance to the boardwalk.

• King Room - Smoking

I was told I'd get a smoking room with a view and the only view I had was at the back of the hotel of the dumpster which a had multiple different homeless people literally inside. Locals were jumping the fence, bugs in and on the walls of the hotel. Sheets werent the cleanest. And people coming to our door asking if we wanted massages. I would not return and would not recommend this hotel again.

It was clean and close to the Boardwalk, shopping, and...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was an ajoining door between our room and the one next door. When we first got there the neighbors were messing with it. Otherwise everything was great.

It was clean and close to the Boardwalk, shopping, and dining.

At the price you KNOW you shouldn't expect a 5 star place, just comfy, clean with pleasant staff.
    • King Room with View

The use of dark paint and dark appointments. Oh well, I couldn't see it after I fell asleep. Which was, after-all, why I was there.

Contrary to some comments I would say this is a property in progress. Yes, the rugs are probably cleaned to the best they can be. Look bad, still functioning. The bathroom evidence a recent redo - new tub enclosure and commode. Relatively fresh paint. Redone sink area. The TV is recent although getting to a channel was one at a time up or down. The stand could use replacing but again, still works as did the micro and fridge. And about the smell: tons of air freshener did the job. Was amused to find many electric item on timers: room lights, air conditioner. Beds and pillows comfy with acceptable bedspread. Like I said - a property in progress. Don't be put iff by other comments.

Thank You for your help and your welcoming smiles and graciousness during our nightmare!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The furniture and decor of the hotel could use to be updated, and the hotel could be painted, as well as the elevator given some attention to its appearance, but all of this is cosmetic. The parking was a bit odd but it is a overcrowded part of town because of the Boardwalk attraction - the parking there in Santa Cruz is odd everywhere in town.

The view of the Santa Cruz Boardwalk especially at night - and the River being right outside our room. The beds were comfortable and the rooms large. The on site management was extremely helpful and understanding and did everything within their power to make our stay as pleasant as possible as we were relocated by booking.com after the Suites at Fisherman's Wharf hijacked our funds and left us stranded with nowhere to stay. If you don't mind an older motel and want to have an excellent view of the boardwalk and the river while being away from all the noise of the attraction but close enough to walk to it this is the place. The management is excellent!

The property is located at a reasonable walking distance to...
    • King Room with View

Hanging electrical outlets, just a little neglected but ok for a night's rest.Staff didn't appear to be very hospitable to make you want to return, lack of smiles and friendliness but reasonable personality that goes with the upkeep of property.

The property is located at a reasonable walking distance to the Boardwalk, which is about a 10 minute walk. The view was in a distance of the boardwalk which includes the street and traffic.

wont be going back there.
    • King Room with View

sheets were dirty, light bulb in restroom went out, and guy could not fix it, non smoking was very smelly with smoke anyway. fridge, microwave was dirty. Reception guy was very cut throat, not friendly.

just the location to the boardwalk.

Would not stay there again.
    • King Room with View

Staff was not friendly. Outside of the building was awful. Paying $200/night for a motel 6 type of accommodations. Not good. Bed was comfortable.

nothing except great location

TV didn't work properly, refrigerator was broken;
    • King Room - Smoking

TV didn't work properly, refrigerator was broken; microwave didn't work; parking spaces were too tight requiring excessive time to park and maneuver

Good for the proximity to the beach.
    • King Room with View

Very noisy, the people next door had their music on all night and I didn't get any sleep. Hotel not located in a "great" area.

Room was clean and water was very hot. Good location to beach.

Never again
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was not thoroughly cleaned. The fridge still had food in it from previous guests. The ice bucket was dirty. Over all cleanliness was disgusting. Customer service was not a part of the routine. I've stayed in better rooms for half the price of what I paid.

This place is horrible, I would not recommend it to anybody
    • King Room with View

For starters the room was nasty the bath tube over flooded and the drain was clogged. The room smelled really bad so I had to open the sliding door to air it out witch defected the reason why I got a room with AC on the day that it was 114 degrees outside. Second, if I had not forgotten my wallet I would have not noticed that the door to my room was broken I leaned on it a bit to put my card in and the door just opened, I immediately went to the front desk and told them they had me waiting for almost 45minutes well they fixed the door to my room with my kids and wife in the car ready to go to dinner. When I told the worker that I wanted some kind of discount or refund for all the trouble he literally laughed in my face and said I'm not getting nothing. He then told me if I wanted he can give me my money back and go look for another room else where. If every hotel in the area wasn't booked I would have left. Horrible experience I would not recommend this place to nobody especially a family. I paid 300 for one night at this dump when I could have paid the same else where and had the best experience every

You have to stay here :-)
    • King Room with View

Small parking space, difficult to park if you have a big car. Also instead of khaki color better use orange or yellow or another bright color :-)

If to be honest I didn't want to stay at that hotel, because a lot of reviews about hotel are bad and this very scared me (but I boocked it, because all othera hotel was busy). And I was very happy when I see my room: huge, clean room with big bed and big TV, big balcony with good view (see photo). Everything were working: AC, TV, coffe machine.

Would not go back!!😑
    • King Room - Disability Access

Didn't like anything. The place hasn't been updated in years. Very shappy. The one and only staff person was very unfriendly. Not clean enough for me. The elevator was small and disgusting. Couldn't get the vending machine to work. Wouldn't go back if it was free.

I liked Nothing.

Horrible and very uncomfortable, I sat in the chair all night and checked out at daybreak.
    • King Room with View

The hotel was dingy and dirty. The room smelled like smoke and was musty. The bedspread had stains and there was hair on it. There was mold around the bathtub and the carpet was dirty.

Not worth your money
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom door did not close, coffee machine did not work,room smell terrible, fire alarm did not have batteries in(lid was open that you can see it), hair dryer was greasy and you can see the wires in the plug, light switch in bathroom was broken.

I liked the fact that I could walk to boardwalk

Dirty, smells bad and over priced.
    • King Room - Disability Access

When we arrived at the front office, it had a strong odor that burned my eyes.The first night we were given room 26 which is directly above owners private residence, the room smelt really bad and burned my eyes if we did not have a window open. The window we had faced a very busy street and did not have a screen (bugs flew in the room, non stop noise from traffic all night.) The rooms were so dirty, I took pictures. The walls were dirty, the sheets had stains, the drawers to the night stand were full of crumbs and dirt, the shower had mold, the hair dryer was even dirty with grim, the plumbing under the sink had tissue paper stuffed in the holes in the wall around the pipes. The bathroom door was broken so every time someone used the bathroom it made a loud noise (at night it woke us up.) The next day I went and requested another room, at first I was told there were not any other rooms available, then I said then I need a discount because I was paying $581.70 for two nights. At that point they gave me another room and I was told that if I had a problem with that room there was nothing else they could do, they even said mold in a shower is normal. The next room was just as dirty and had a hole in the wall, the only difference was it did not have the same eye burning odor and we had sliding glass door that faced the back parking lot versus a busy street. We went to make coffee in this second room and the pot had used coffee grinds still in it (it had never been cleaned.) When we went to take a shower, the shower handle fell off, the walls were extremely dirty and the carpet was torn ( I also took pictures of this room.) Being that we were in town for my daughters soccer tournament and we pre paid through booking.com we had no choice but to stay. Oh and another thing, when I booked through booking.com the rooms were under $200, but because I changed my arrival date the prices went up without notification.

Walking distance to the Boardwalk.

Disgusting!!!
    • King Room - Smoking

Dirty, horrible smell in the room and lobby, we wouldnt shower there, no batteries in tv remote, halls smelled like urine, old fries in the fridge, my feet were black from walking on the carpet... way overpriced for that filth!!!

Close to boardwalk

Easy Location
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room had a very strong smell that wasn't very good. None of us really used the restroom yet our room smelled strongly as if we had.

The closeness of the location to the boardwalk with out having to deal with the boardwalk traffic.

Great distance from boardwalk
    • King Room with View

Main road is in the middle of construction so it's a disaster to drive on. added an additional night directly through the hotel over a week in advance, Unfortunately when we arrived they did not have record of it & would not honor their original rate given. Facilities are not in as great of condition as photos show. The few things that bothered me most were how unclean & unsafe the elevator seemed, carpets were so dirty my crawling infant looked as if he'd been outside, there was mold in the shower, & door keys did not work properly (had to have them reset all but 1 time to get in) & WIFI did not work at all.

Room had a great view & was perfect walking distance to the boardwalk.

Don't do it. Don't stay at this roach hotel!
    • King Room with View

Nothing. Please do not offer this property. During the week they rent to the homeless then on weekends to tourist. Horrible -smells like urine and there is all over the floors hallways. Had my granddaughter with me she put her face against the screen door-her face was cover black dirt. I paid 300.00 to stay two nights. The second day I was there the manager called me at 1 pm and said I had five minutes to get back to the room or he was throwing my belongs in the garbage. It's was paid for. The hotel, the owner, the manager all need anger management.

Keep looking
    • King Room - Smoking

Carpet was disgusting. While I was out, all my items were taken from my room and someone else given that room. I was put out of the room that I already paid for. All my belongings thrown in storage. I could get no explanation other than computer error. I was put in an identical room so obviously there were rooms available. The owner refused to give me any compensation for my inconvenience and invasion of privacy. He didn't care at all. Will never go back!

Bed was comfortable

Spend more and stay somewhere else. Pictures are retouched!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The parking was horrible. I have a smaller vehicle and had difficulties parking. I almost hit the building due to the way others parked. The room wasn't ready and not very clean facilities. It was very loud and honestly very run down. I was charged more than I was quoted online with your site.

The staff was friendly.

• King Room - Disability Access

In my reservation I got a room with two beds, but when I got there they said that they only have a one bed room. there was not two beds in the facility. The pictures online dont look the same as the actual room. towels and bed sheets are on bags on the stair floor going up the rooms. the bed sheets were durty

Its near the boardwalk, but what you get isnt worth it at...
    • King Room with View

I didnt like that the room didnt seem clean. As soon as i walked in, it instantly smelled like somone had just finished using the bathroom. I thought to myself, ok, maybe the cleaner just used it, no problems, then later when i came back from the boardwalk, it's still smelly. Not safe for kids and toddlers as the plugs are so old, the cord wouldn't stay in exposing the plug posts. Place is run down and a quick paint job done to cover up. Towels were dirty, carpet dirty, curtains dirty. I dont think they changed the comforter either as the changing lady didnt have any comforters with her while she was changing other rooms next to us. Bottom line, dont take the risk! Dont make the mistake i made.

Its near the boardwalk, but what you get isnt worth it at all. Pretty dirty.