Reviews of Ocean Inn 3 stars

3405 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019, USA

#52 of 94 hotels in Hollywood

Absolutely amazing!

It is the cutest place ever! Reminds me of Melrose place without a pool . Everyone here is so nice and helpful! It was super clean and had everything we needed!

Wouldn’t stay here again
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This place was very run down. Not sure if people were living there but there was a couple of people that hung around the courtyard all day. Outer door was very thin and didn’t feel that safe with me and my friend staying there. Pictures on website must be very old....

Convenient to beach

We have found our new favorite place to go...Kudo's to Phillip, who made everything PERFECT !

The weather........

loved everything, except the city won't let them cook muffins for everybody any more ! They even hung birthday balloons on the door when I was at the beach....I've been in $400 nite places that wouldn't bother doing that for you...loved it ! Going back again in a few days...

Had a great time with at the beach and with close friends we have who live in the area.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The heavy rain I encountered on one of my early morning walks. Although I'm sure Phil would have done something about it if he could have, but we all know that was completely out of his control.

I was pleased with the property the moment I spoke with Phil, 1 of the managers. Phil allowed us to check in early, which helped us to get settled sooner then we expected. The location is just as it states online, just a block from the beach. I had a slight problem with a loose door lock which was addressed quickly and easily by the on sight maintenance staff. I had an unfortunate situation which required me to checkout a day early, Phil was kind enough to credit me the day and we are actually returning soon for 3 days to use it. We enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to our return trip. Tony S.

Never Again
    • Deluxe Studio

Our air conditioner did not work properly, and when we tried to change rooms, the reception room was locked for the night. Cigarette butts in ashtrays were throughout the property, toilet made weird sound all night, rooms decor didn't match at all...looked like garage sale finds. Rust was in the the bathroom, peeling paint, and the floor reminded me of an industrial bldg. a dorm room. In hindsight I would spend the extra money for a better accommodation. This fits my definition of a "roach motel," although it seemed clean and free of bugs.

The north end location is the best in Hollywood, with the beach being a very short walk and uncrowded. I liked the lushly tropical courtyard with the lawnchairs and shady spots. They do offer a continental breakfast, but we didn't partake. Front desk staff was kind and offered to store our luggage while we waited for our room.

We came in late at night, left to catch a flight early in AM...

Nothing. Never met the staff because they were gone before we got there and they didn't arrive until 9 AM which when our flight was.

We came in late at night, left to catch a flight early in AM but we're able to take a sunrise beach walk which was lovely.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

This place gets a thumbs down for service
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I arrived late. they left my room open for me but no parking pass or wifi password. The air conditioner was old and It didnt get cold til 5 am. I wound up having to pay 34 $ to park 8 hours and try to sleep in a hot room. Staff wouldnt answer the after hours phone or call back

location on hollywood beach.

Relaxing Memorial Day weekend

That I can stay longer because you need to go back to work afternoon amazing Memorial Day weekend.

Greg location, free barking,steps from the beach, walking distance to restaurants, well care facility, cozy, fresh baked muffins every morning gloss outstanding friendly customer service.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Beach getaway
    • Deluxe Studio

Couch has was a pull out bed, not comfortable for sitting or watch. tv.

One short block from the beach. Quiet setting in a crazy busy neighborhood. Small secluded courtyard with loungers and tables/sitting to eat outside.Small kitchen with larger room.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

RUN!!! Do not stay here!!!

FILTHY ROOM!!! Ceiling falling in. Drawings on the white bed skirt (filthy gray actually). Old room is fine, dirty disgusting filth is what it was!

There was not one thing I liked.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

I would look for other options next time.

Once I booked the room, my card was charged immediately & I was not allowed to cancel the reservation made 8 weeks in advance of our trip. Front desk attendant needed my passport in order to check in & I think made a copy of it along with my ID. When I questioned why, he said they have so many people that "stiff" them, even though I had already paid for room 8 wks ago. Room was very dark & very dusty. Old fake xmas flowers covered in dust. Bedspread was stained & should have been thrown out. Was very chilly at night & no heat in room. Just a small space heater in closet that didn't work. Bathroom very small with no fan. Didn't want to open window as there were tiny bugs all over screen & people in next building could see in. Water went from hot (scalding) to cold without warning.

Location was nice. Front desk clerk was very personable, knowledgeable of area & helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Went for the horse races stayed for the beach
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Location at the quiet end of Hollywood boardwalk a quick step to the beach; chairs and umbrellas available. A little tropical oasis. Clean comfortable beds and coffe and fresh baked muffins in the morning! It doesn't get better then this! Phillip and staff are friendly and accommodating; I'll be back!

Flower Power känslan infann sig direkt och värden förstärkte...

WiFi dålig mottagning på rummet, fick sitta ute för att användas. Dricksvattnet i kylaren smakade klor och kändes inte bra att dricka.

Flower Power känslan infann sig direkt och värden förstärkte detta. Mycket bra service. Frukost var OK med muffins kaffe/te/juice och olika flingor. Rent och städat på rummet. Fin strand och strandpromenad på nära håll och flera restauranger i närheten. Kommer gärna tillbaka hit igen.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Wouldn't stay again.

Facility was down-trodden, dingy, poor quality. Apparently breakfast was included but no one told us. Very bad parking situation so you have to pay $10 a day to park there. Located between the noisy Ocean Road North and the sea.

We liked two things about this property - the location, a one-minute walk to the Hollywood boardwalk, and the king bed. Oh, and I guess the price was good, comparatively speaking, but definitely you 'get what you pay for' at this place!

Don't stay here
    • Deluxe Studio

The room was seriously in need of updating. There was peeling paint on the walls, an old 1960s bathroom with a missing showerhead resulting in a canon-like stream of water which was impossible to stand underneath, the daybed was uncomfortable, and breakfast was horrible (day-old coffee and over-ripe fruit). Management did not respond to repeated phone calls and emails and was totally unresponsive to concerns.

Room was spacious, clean, had a kitchen, and was located close to the beach.

Great place for the money!

There were no bath towels in the room at first. But, we were able to find some when the housekeeper arrived.

We liked the location so much that we will vacation here again.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Cozy but nice

I just like a little more room in the bathroom and bedroom, but that's fine. We will still come back. Thanks for a nice stay.

Very nice staff. Wonderful courtyard. Decent price for the location.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

it was ok but I dont think I would come back
    • Deluxe Queen Room

we ran out of hot water. We had to ask for a coffee maker. The breakfast didn't have much of a choice. Rooms looked old and tired.

location was great altho your ad made it look like it was actually on the boardwalk!!

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Fine for a short getaway. Would not take my children here

The hotel amenities were dated. There were small insects crawling up the walls behind the dresser in the bedroom, and the sink would not drain. We attempted to go ask staff, but no one was located in the office past 3:30 that day.

We enjoyed the location and cost of the hotel. It was only steps from the ocean.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Totally miserable!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

was in room 15 which had no hot water so I could not take a shower. In addition there were knats in the room. Left message for manager to call me and she did not call back. This motel is a first class dump

Absolutely nothing

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Relaxing accommodation for a good price
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My toilet kept flushing on its own. Reported the problem. Maintenance man showed up and tried to fix the problem, but the problem remained.

Good bed. Roomy. Close to beach and shops. Very friendly and helpful owner. Very reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

I won't be going back to that hotel in the area.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bedskirt and chair cushion cover were filthy. Bathroom rug looked dirty and all white towels were stained. Furniture was bamboo from 1960's and dirty looking. The room was not ready and after the fact, I exchanged my kitchenette for a single room. Then the bill came out wrong and I had trouble communicating to the staff that I wanted a bill with my name on it. There was a coffee pot, no coffee or filters and hotel coffee bar did not open til 9 AM/Sunday 10 AM. You had to ask for clean towels daily and soaps as you needed them. Other members of our party got better rooms at other hotels for much less than I paid. Booking ahead did me no favors.

location was great

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Old school charm but needs a little better management.
    • Deluxe Studio

The owner was a little confused and wasn't always around or didn't answer the phone. We should have been given or told about a parking pass for the meters at check in since parking is very limited.

Cute and quaint.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Great location, crap room and service.
    • Deluxe Studio

Did not get roon I reserved for 3 adults. Woman at desk was hard to understand. Filed my grief with her. She stated management was not available until next day. They were not. Only given 2 bath towels for 3 adults. Told clerk about this. She again in broken language stated she could not help us. But she could give us more toilet paper. Sad.

Location was great.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Easy, Breezy....

I loved everything but maybe a better coffee maker and kitchenette appliances would have been even better but since it was only a couple of days that I stayed, it didn't matter.

The property manager was ready for me with a late check-in and had my keys placed in an envelope and made it very easy. I deeply appreciated the hassle free way I was able to gain access to my room with my parking permit and then leave just as inconspicuously.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Great bang for buck

Location: No bars/shops in the area you have to walk about 20minutes south to the first restaurant.

Location: Right next to the best Pokemon spot on Holywood beach. Facilities: Wifi + Breakfast included Price: the price was very good for the facilities.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

The worst I have ever met. I don't want to remember it any more.

Terrible management and irresponsible manager. No matter what happened, the service phone can hardly get accessed to. No one take care of the whole hotel, if it could be called a hotel, after 17:30pm every day.

Nothing satisfied, horrible experience.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

comfy, close to beach, and cold AC
    • Deluxe Studio

rooms are smoke-free, but right outside my room, people chain-smoked cigs to the point where every time our door got opened our room instantly smelled like cigarette smoke. Also, DCF (Dept. of Children and family) came knocking at our door at 0830 to ask if we were someone we weren't..then asked questions about residents that we did not know. My wife was not happy.

close to the beach, fountain for the kids, friendly staff, cool AC.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Simple Hollywood-by-the-Sea Retro
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Cold water in sink, toilet and shower didn't work. Had to fill toilet tank with hot water from tub via the plastic garbage pail in bathroom but other than that its a charming place

Wonderful and welcoming staff and south Florida courtyard. Room was clean and cheery

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

positive experience
    • Deluxe Studio

Was a little nervous not being able to get a hold of staff prior to stay but it all worked out well.

It's literally right on the boardwalk. Yes it's dated but it's clean and the bed and pillows are comfortable. You don't pay an arm and a leg to stay there. It's a place to bathe, rest and then hit the beach again. Close to shops, restaurants, trolley, rentals, etc. The owner was very friendly and helpful. She called around and got us transportation to Miami for a very decent price. There were tons of tourist brochures in the office. We plan to return in the future.

Philip was a great host.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The daybed was not very comfortable. The hotel needs an outdoor shower.

Philip was a great host.

I like a well kept 50s style motel.

It was nice and what I expected. Needed a couple more pillows. Had a coffee pot but no coffee.

Didn't see a roll only empty coffee pot.

Friendly staff and quiet, beautiful place.

Parking is a little limited.

Friendly staff and quiet, beautiful place. Definitely willing to stay here again!

Good place

Good place

Steps away from the Beacch!

The beds & the A/C, but I heard they are upgrading!

Close to the Beach! And it's a small place, but very Tranquill.

Great location for the price
    • Deluxe Queen Room

A little dated but clean

Excellent location, fantastic and helpful staff.

Great bargain!

The property needs more investment.

The level of sevice and hospitality was exceptional. AAAAAAAAA+++++

well if can be better then before please more people working n tge from tges
    • Deluxe Studio

You need to have more knew blankets knew bed to

The room it was good size n good zone n the room services for clening ok

stay its great

The walk to the boardwalk

It was awesome

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Great for what I was doing
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The birds chirped all day and night - same ones apparently (I think it was a recording)

Parking

it is a nice quite place for family
    • Deluxe Studio

not cooffe machine in my room

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

great

nothing, all was good

great place

South Florida paradise

Not enough parking space

Location was great, room was clean and courtyard was relaxing

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Very close to the beach

Very close to the beach

Great Location
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It's old and dated but clean.

Proximity to the beach. Clean room and friendly staff. Plenty of space for my family.

Welcome to the 60's!

Near by area.

No staff available at check in. Envelope taped to office door.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Nice place good location

Had bit of a smell in the room

Short walk to boardwalk

A very nice hotel in a great location for a relaxed "home" vacation, both alone and family

Very helpful staff. Kindly left the room door open and the key on the desk, and the password from WI-FI, upon a very late arrival.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Muffins were fresh and daily made.
    • Deluxe Studio

Muffins were fresh and daily made. The room was pretty clean

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Proximity to beach

Old place. Loud upstairs neighbor

Proximity to beach

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Great friendly place to stay that is close to everything
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hospitality and the breakfast were great. We had hot muffins and coffee on the patio each morning.

Staff great place

Staff great place

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

The people there were very nice.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed felt like a hammock.

The people there were very nice.

pleasant stay lovely garden

Coffee a bit strong

Breakfast was basic but nice.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

It's a very charming place.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It's a very charming place. An oasis in the big concrete jungle.

you get what you pay for!!!

almost everything else........

proximity to beach....the housekeeping dept.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Courtyard

Courtyard

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

6.0
    proximity to beach is nice.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

wi-fi didn't reach my room. mosquitos got in. a/c is loud.

proximity to beach is nice.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Nice and cozy place with a private shady garden.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

You better don't count on breakfast.

Nice and cozy place with a private shady garden. Friendly staff. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Pleasant stay

The receptionist was very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

THE LOCATION IS GOOD, NEAR THE BROADWALK,, RESTAURANTS NEAR...

THE HOTEL IS OLD AND UNKEPT,

THE LOCATION IS GOOD, NEAR THE BROADWALK,, RESTAURANTS NEAR BY,

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Great location. No problems despite very late arrival. Friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast a bonus :)

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Close to the beach

Great location, close to the beach.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

nice little hotel nearly the ocean

aircondition to loud

nearly the ocean

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Nice hotel, excellent price and friendly atmosphere

People are very friendly

AN OASIS OF PEACE IN A SOON TO BE LOST BIT OF OLD FLORIDA

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Ocean Inn the best...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Clean, comfortable and relaxed atmosphere

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Great location Philips was extremely

Because was only 1 night was not a problem but it could be more clean

Great location Philips was extremely Nice and helpful We are planing to go back

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

It was close to the beach & the property was nicer that...

The wifi never worked, the free breakfast was only cereal, milk and coffee. We prepaid for parking & they did not have a spot for us so we had to pay to park at a meter because there was no way to get a hold of anyone, we're still waiting for our refund at this point.

It was close to the beach & the property was nicer that we expected. It was close to FLL & easy to get to the airport early in the morning.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2016

The location was great, very close to everything.

The room had a funky smell and we were really concerned because there did not appear to be a fire alarm. We could see where it was on the ceiling. ...not sure if you have another system set up that is not visible.

The location was great, very close to everything.... Beach, restaurants etc. The staff was very friendly and the price worked well for for the purpose of our visit.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

The location is the deal breaker for the Ocean Inn.

The inside of the unit is old and can use some update and renovation. The cleanliness is somewhat dubious.

The location is the deal breaker for the Ocean Inn. It is just steps from the Boardwalk and the beach, and the walkway that leads to them is beautifully paved. The lush garden is a serene retreat for harried travelers.

There are also 30 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Ocean Inn traveller photo gallery