Reviews of Ocean Manor Beach Resort 3 stars

4040 Galt Ocean Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308, USA

#107 of 131 hotels in Fort Lauderdale

6.1

• Hotel Room

Well...i dint it feel the the bed was clean..and i so a rouch small walking around the bed...in the pool area there is not umbrellas you would have to rent it..same as in the beach..and in the cafeteria in the lobby i went to get coffee and y was a lady little old blond the she had a lite actitud..make me feel uncomfortable ..

I liked the location...the tiki..and the staff serving in the tiki area..the food was good..

• Two-Bedroom Suite

WORST HOTEL- NEGATIVE 5 STARTS. Me and my family were travelling to Fort Lauderdale for a family function. We were there for 3 nights 4 days. Our checking time for the hotel was 3:00pm. When we got to the hotel around 2:30pm the staff there had just began to clean the room. We had over 15 guest staying in 3 rooms. None of the guests received there room key on time. Our guests had flew in from overseas to attend this functions. Once we got the keys to room, we had to carry our luggage to the room ourselves as the staff was short. They only had one functional elevator. It smelled disgusting, smell of cigarettes and Marijuana would come all over the floor. One of the rooms our guest was staying in only had 1 light that too in the washroom with no phone connection to the reception. So every time something needed to be fixed they would have to go down the 1 AND ONLY FUNCTIONAL ELEVATOR to report problem. The staff took 2 hours to just bring in a lamp. The other room which our guests were staying in had a water leakage in the bathroom so they relocated us. So we were hoping rooms. Once we got to the room we realized that there were bugs crawling on the walls and beds. The key card wouldn’t work. We would have to slide in and out like 4 times just to open the darn door. This was the easiest way, because if we went down they would take another 20 minutes or so to come up and open the door. The last room we had booked was a suite, although they had charged us for a suite there was nothing in the room that appealed to the eye. A TV remote was taped up with a used Bandage with no batteries in it. A ceiling fan that wouldn’t work, and molded windows. On the second night upon a great deal of hassle with the desk manager, only one of our rooms was upgraded to a Penthouse suite, and again we had to shift our luggage ourselves. The penthouse wasn’t any better.

UNFORTUNATELY NOTHING!

• Hotel Room

Beds were awful, hallway smelled awful. Room was clean but completely lacked comfortable feel was very plain boring and uncomfortable

Lobby was nice and pool looked nice

• Hotel Room

WiFi was bad . Room/hallway smelled like marijuana. Front desk did not help with dog issue when i called.. To resolve dog issue I had to go down stairs to address issue after speaking on phone. When talking to clerk on phone and I said i was not going to put up with this all night. Was told dog would not bark after midnight. Wrong answer. People fighting (swearing and threatening each other for 20 minutes) Not staff fault just quest being inconsiderate. Lots of slamming doors

tiki bar and access to the beach. Was given a better room due to a dog barking for over 2 hours at night. Nice ocean view from balcony. Bar had good food and staff was friendly

• Studio with Kitchenette

There was a fake wall separating me unit from the unit next to my unit. The fake wall is one of those collapsible walls you usually see in banquet halls when they have 2 different parties going on.

The common area of the building are above average but the individual units are poorly maintained.

• Studio with Kitchenette

The 1st room (#120) I was "upgraded" to had a stopped up, dirty sink. Had a poor view to the delivery/loading area, front door is installed upside down(view hole is 2 ft from floor)and rips on couch. Cable box was missing from t.v. . Finally was given room #505 which was nicer but has roaches and person staying in #504 blasted t.v. and coughed/hacked all night.

Most of the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Studio with Kitchenette

Litter bugs on the beach

Good chow/ pub food. Also, great Italian restaurant. Cold beer and good drinks. Very friendly staff and patrons. Nice beach. Some people put cigarettes out in leave them on the beach...not the properties fault...but some people are classless.

• Hotel Room

You have to valet your car, it’s $10/day cash only is what I was told, even though they had a card reader. I don’t mind paying I just with I knew in advance and could’ve been prepared with cash.

Amazing view, cannot get any closer to the beach than this place. Thought it’d be cool to stay in the place that was on Hotel Impossible a few years ago and their Tiki bar was on Bar Rescue.

• Hotel Room

This was a honeymoon gift... eventhoug I called many times so they could have an easy checking the bride and groom had a moment at check in.... please review this details... it is supposed to be a perfect moment

• Hotel Room

Bed was so-so. Bathroom was awful! The facet was loose and no drain stops in sink or shower. Hand towel holder hung off the wall, no towel racks. Needs maintenance and updates. Also, we were surprised we had to pay daily for chairs and umbrellas at the beach.

Staff and Food were excellent. I liked beach front balcony and the over sized room. Large fridge was nice too. Beach was great and not crowded. Tiki bar was fun. Ten minute walk to stores and other restaurants. Two minute walk to market.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Everything just about. The staff was not friendly. I remember Chloe, Brian, and Annie at the cafe counter...they were very pleasant...but everyone else could care less about your business or your presence. Every time we passed the check-in counter, another person was complaining and it was almost like they were used to it and couldn't really do much about anything so you're stuck. I unfortunately was one who had to request a different room because it was not what was expected and when we walked in, one of the rooms doors was busted in (very uncomforting). Two TV's didn't work, one of which the staff member just couldn't fix apparently. They moved us to a different room the next day and on scale from 1-10, we went from a 3 to a 5. The room was ugly and had nasty broken tile all over the walls, the balcony door was a struggle to open, the bathrooms we're.poorly taken car of and the showers looked gross, the kitchen cabinets were rough looking and not matching, and there was not a microwave. The pool wasn't very nice (the gutter was gross looking), the chairs for falling apart, and no shady areas to rest under. The beach area was nasty too...cigarette butts everywhere, I picked up glass twice, trash everywhere, trash cans barely emptied, and they finally cleaned up ALL the abundance of seaweed after us being there 4 days already. The fifth day of our 6 day trip was the best beach day....upon checking out, on the paperwork when checking in it stated we needed to turn our keys in or we would be charged $50 (really...for as much as we paid for this place!); I turned them in and stated we are checking out, I then was standing there waiting for a response thinking the last was giving me a receipt or something, I finally had to ask if that was all. All she responded with was "you're good." Not "hope you enjoyed your stay," "thank you for coming," nothing. My family and I were looking forward to this trip...

Nothing much...

• Studio with Kitchenette

$10 each for a beach chair and umbrella. But we didn’t need one every day.

Located right on the beach! A half mile walk to the “Lauderdale-at-the-Sea” pier for dining out and shopping. We expected an efficiency suite and were upgraded to a full kitchen! We had a great vacation!

• Hotel Room

Hotel was a disappointment. Very outdated. Ordered a additional bed and they said it was in the room. It was not in the room. Finally gave up on that. Called at 5pm for a additional blanket and again at 8pm. They said they would be up in one minute. At MIDNIGHT they knocked on my door with the blanket. We were all obviously asleep by then. The hotel staff was not friendly but the restaurant staff was great.

The restaurant, beach access, bar and pool.

• Hotel Room

It wasn’t very clean!!! Had to ask for towels at least 3 times!!! The smell of marijuana coming from some of the rooms was gross!!! Had to move rooms cause the bathroom was gross and the door looked like it was gonna come off the hinges. Not very “family friendly”!! The pool was dirty

The location of the hotel was good

• Hotel Room

We requested a room with two beds (we were three adults) and we ended up with one bed and a rollaway bed. We had to ask for the rollaway bed twice before it was delivered to our room (2 hours later--we arrived at the hotel at 10PM due to a flight delay). We were never given enough towels and washcloths and had to ask for more each day. The bathtub took forever to drain.

Good location.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Hotel was very dated, several problems with the rooms, many things broken and missing, generally very overused. Shower wouldn't change temperature, sink drain wasn't connected and flooded the kitchen, no sleeper sofa or no balcony as stated in description. Two biggest complaints were the constant smell of pot and the cockroaches in the kitchen.

Location wasn't bad, a couple stores/grocery near by. Beach area wasn't over crowded, would have been nicer if the hotel serviced the beach a little better and cleared the seaweed. The Tiki bar was a nice hang out.

• Hotel Room

The service, the people in the front desk the cleaner people

Never anwers the request, the cleaner stuff very angry and give bad anwers, to many noice in the hallway.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

A lot! For starts there were roaches in the room. The furniture was broken. Torn ! The bathroom sink was loose from the wall. The toilet water was running all night long and no knob to turn it off. They had left over the previous tenants shampoo and stuff. No comforters. No working tv no working phone!!! And nobody to call for any service. They were quick to bill us and to this day it’s been 3 weeks. No one has returned my calls yet! Do not stay here. They said the Kentucky spring breakers ruined that room but I saw the reviews. And they have had this problem for a while . We had to book in a hurry so we didn’t look at reviews until later. If I had I never would have stayed here ! Oh and the kitchenette hadn’t seen soap I’m sure in several months!!!

The view from balcony

• Hotel Room

Service was terrible. We reserved a crib a week in advance for our toddler. When we arrived to our hotel room, the door had what appeared to be a bullet hole through it stuffed with paper, the toilet roll holder in the bathroom was about to fall off the wall, and there was no crib. We called the front desk and waited 3 hours for the crib to arrive. When I called the front desk irate because our toddler was tired and cranky past his bedtime, a service woman arrived carrying a broken crib apologizing it was the only one that the hotel had left. My toddler ended up sleeping on the tile floor over a blanket. The front desk person who answered the phone did not seem to care or apologize. We will NEVER stay at this hotel again and will share our awful experience with anyone who decides to visit Fort Lauderdale.

The convenience of staying at an ocean front hotel

• Hotel Room

It was filthy, the room was not cleaned properly at all. Make-up on the walls in the bathroom, balcony had sticky railings, disgustingly noisy. Beds just had bed sheets on, no other covers.. no towels in room, had to ask for them.

Beachfront, beautiful location.

• One-Bedroom Suite

They messed up our rooms for 8 people by not having enough beds after I specified for the right number of beds and pull outs. They made us sleep in two rooms the first night then gave us a better room then booked the last four nights. Also was not allowed to bring our alcohol on the beach

The view to the ocean was amazing and the staff was great as well. The Tiki bar has great food and they know how to make great drinks.

We were threatened to be evicted on the second night of staying for things we didn’t do. Yes there were things we owned up to but there were others that were literally not us and the security/staff would not give us the time of day to explain. They seemed as though they were after us and i honestly could say none of us felt welcomed in the hotel. Will not be going back which makes me sad. Also we found a dead cockroach stuck to our floor and one in my friends suitcase

I liked how it was right on the beach, and our room was bigger than i expected

• Studio with Kitchenette

The view from our room was terrible! I was told when I called that we would have an ocean view, only to get a parking lot view with our room overlooking a roof. we first checked in & got to our room, only to get one that was run down, broken door, etc., so they switched us. A bit of a nicer room, but still not great. In the middle of the night, there was a fight next door to us that I thought shots were going to be fired. With kids, this is alarming! Also, an escort hangs out in the lobby....my kids picked up on this one. Horrible reputation for this hotel. The only thing it has going for it is the location. We booked a room to sleep 5, yet it slept 4 & was told we needed to pay extra for a cot to sleep the 5th person.

The location was AMAZING!

• Hotel Room

It wasn't what I expected it to be for the money. I could have stay at airbnb for better location and comfort. There was a man (staff) on the beach that did not want to give us towels and wanted us to move to the side of the beach. He harass us!!

• One-Bedroom Suite

Maybe a place for an actual breakfast.. the little coffee shop across from the front desk had little choices..it would have been nice Sitting out by the beach like we did for dinner..

The front desk was so polite and welcoming. The room was very clean.. the bed was comfortable, and had what we needed for our stay.. the staff at the tiki bar staff(waitress) was also very nice and polite.. had a great time and would stay there again..

• Hotel Room

Over all lobby and amenities were great-Rooms were clean but a bit dated. Could use from refreshing.

Our room was very spacious with an amazing view of the ocean and pool area. We had a full size fridge and a coffee pot in the room. Across the street is a supermarket where we were able to purchase water, wine, etc. It was quite nice to be able to make our own coffee first thing in the AM and just relax.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Fire Alarm with zero direction. Pool closed first day. Water dripping from ceiling vents in room. Ice machine down and only on main level. Elevators stuck/broke down. Waitress in bar one evening extremely rude. Additional service fee that had already been paid for through booking.com...thank Goodness I had email confirmation for Proof.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Elevators weren't working some of the time, food was just ok.The cost of beach chairs was not acceptable considering the price of the room and always ran out of towels.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Upon check in was told they upgraded us to penthouse suite ocean view. Master bed very uncomfortable - felt like sleeping on rock. No cold water . Master shower leaked all over, phone didn’t work, light above bathroom sink didn’t work, suite next to us divided by movable wall and people were up all night partying . Asked for maintenance multiple times and no response . Would not stay here again

• Hotel Room

The room was supposed to have a king bed, it was my boyfriend and i’s anniversary and we spent it on a full bed. When I booked a room when it had said KING BED WITH A VIEW in bold letters. I did not expect in the fine print it meant two full beds with a view of the parking lot. You should just have everything written out instead of trying to trick people.

The pool

• Studio with Kitchenette

Rooms were clean but not in great shape, seemed to be a lot of do it yourself repairs and updates.

Good food, right on the beach, parking isn’t free but is plenty available.

• Studio with Kitchenette

The price too high for one night, rooms looks very old with a terrible smell of old and closed.

In front of the ocean, can lift down the elevator and be to the beach in 30 seconds. Swimming pool very nice with warm water, very good! Outside very beautiful the patio in front of the beach. Beautiful zone of Fort Lauderdale.

• Hotel Room

I did not like that you could hear everything the neighbors were doing. There was a constant noise that sounded like a hammer the whole time we stayed there. There were only a few outlets to plug appliances into. There were 10 lamps in room and only a few worked. For the price of the room it was not worth it.

• Hotel Room

I had to check out because the WiFi wasn’t working for me and I need to work and they said I could reschedule my stay but every time I call no one is helping me

• Hotel Room

Seedy, rooms need total overhaul renovations. This hotel needs to shut down remodel and then can charge the overpriced we paid. Either condos or hotel so rooms are consistently nice. We stayed in suite 700 ceilings fallen down serious water issues. Blight on hotels and condos around it.

Location great, beautiful view from room. After the three room changes due to seedy and rundown.

• Hotel Room

A coffee maker in the room would have been super. It was a little chilly at night - no heat.

It was a much larger room than we expected. The bed duvet was white and everything was clean. The bed was comfortable. The front desk was helpful and courteous.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The rooms had sheets as blinds in some, bugs were found, we had a door break. Knob in shower was missing. Found mold under the sink trying to find why the sink was leaking. Lots more, I’ll stop.

The hotel bar, restaurant, beach view. It was too cold for ya to enjoy the pool, but it looked fun.

• Hotel Room

Ripped duvets without covers, being moved along onto the adjacent beach because we didn't purchase a lounger. No way to treat your guests!

Heated pool, beach access, some friendly staff

• Hotel Room

There was no heat and it was unseasonably cold. They brought us up an extra blanket. Hot water knob in the room was broken and they gave us another room to shower in. The hotel is in need of a freshen up.

Right on the beach. Walked to restaurants and area attractions. Coffee bar in the lobby was nice.

• Hotel Room

The hotel staff went out of their way to make my stay extra special. I was upgraded for free from the booking.com parking lot view room I purchased to an ocean view room which was breath taking. The room was clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. Coffee is available for purchase on the property but Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donut are also within walking distiance. My children enjoyed the large pool and easy access to the beach. We walked up the beach to the fisherman’s pier area which offers an eclectic mix of shopping, dinning, and relaxation. Valet parking at the hotel was only $10.

• Hotel Room

The room we were assigned to when we first arrived was small and light switch didn’t work. The front desk lady was great she upgraded us to a bigger room with ocean view balcony

The location and excess to the beach was great. My husband and I loved the convenience of the restaurants being right on sight. Staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Studio with Kitchenette

I didn't like that the room we reserved was not as advertised. I was doing some travel for my blog and so I like to save some money (and stay healthy) by cooking some meals on trips. The only reason I booked this hotel is because of the kitchenette description for the "Studio with Kitchenette". When we got to the "Studio with Kitchenette" it did not have anything that it was supposed to have. According to your site, the Studio with Kitchenette should have the following - kitchenette, refrigerator, microwave, dining area, kitchenware, oven, coffee machine, dining table. We were so disappointed when we arrived to the room (with groceries!) to find out the room had NONE of this. We went to the front desk to complain and they kindly brought up a mini refrigerator and microwave from somewhere. So, not only did we waste money on groceries that we couldn't cook, we had to spend money for meals. Not cool. I asked if any studios actually had a kitchenette and the front desk clerk replied NO. Also, this room felt very incomplete. We walked in and smelled a freshly painted room and dirty floors. My feet were dirty from walking on it. I feel like this room was in transition. As mentioned above, we had to ask for a microwave and fridge to be delivered but we also were missing an iron. There are no "Do Not Disturb" signs provided so we had to track down someone to tell them to please not touch our room for the day or to not wake us by knocking. All this being said, the resort as a whole is decent. If they didn't blatantly lie about the Studio With Kitchenette it wouldn't be so bad.

The resort had a fun Tiki Bar with really good food, fun atmosphere, and beautiful views. The staff was friendly. The private beach area is beautiful. It is helpful that we could rent chairs and umbrellas. The location was convenient. We were within short Uber/Lyft drives from many restaurants and other desirable areas. We weren't ocean front but we had an ocean view so that was cool. Also, the pool area has beautiful views too - the ocean!

• Studio with Kitchenette

Paid extra for a kitchenette and the stove didn't work, only a keurig for coffee. Shower leaked. Only one couch and not a pull out. Towel rack broken . The smell of pot pretty much everywhere

Outdoor area

• Hotel Room

I did not like that my room door was hard to open and close. Room (224) get that fixed ASAP!

The room I had was excellent with a nice view. Everything was just on point and perfect.

• One-Bedroom Suite

They had baby roaches in the kitchen, the bathroom was a total distasteful, water leaks in ceiling, tub nasty, paint peeling off walls, . This room was not what was on my reservation. Was disappointed😟.. False advertising

The staff was great, the location was great. The view from room was great

• Hotel Room

The staff rolled their eyes when on the phone with other customers. The room sheets were wrinkled as if they were not changed. Eww There was no comforter on the bed. The bed had a sinkhole in the middle. The guests were loud. Knocking on doors in the middle of the night. The ocean view promised was of the hotel across the way that had an ocean view.

The property was on the beach. The only plus about staying here.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The room was old and dirty.

The room was very run down. The restaurant for breakfast was outside only and very limited as far as menu was concerned. I felt sorry for the waitress who was the only one on staff.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable . Had diner at the Restaurant in the hotel and the food was amazing. The tiki bar was located just right on the beach front . Sat outside for Breakfast . food as well was very good.

• Hotel Room

Rooms are a disaster. No towel bars or hooks in bathroom, no toilet tissue holder, slow drain in bathtub, lousy tension rod shower curtain fell down repeatedly. No light-blocking drapes on windows, just mini-blinds. Toilet lid broken. Plastic bag over the room's smoke detector. Telephone never worked. TV cabling a mess. Desk and side tables mis-matched, sharp glass edges hanging over edges of bedside tables. NO DEADBOLT LOCKS ON DOORS.

This place is a high-rise flop house. No valet on duty at 2pm, no bell staff to help with luggage, no secured storage for our luggage, very discourteous and unfriendly reception staff. Rooms are a disaster.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Room - unsatisfactory Door did not close properly - had to be slammed Bathtubs -very dirty Couch - sand in seams Windows -filthy Ants and sand on floor Pool - dirty

The location is great! The staff, from the front desk to the tiki bar was very accommodating.

• Hotel Room

My room was on the second floor and a crowd of Jets fans played the jukebox in the tiki bar until 6am Monday morning. Had to deal with their loss I suppose. I didn't sleep from 3am to 6am due to noise. Was exhausted getting on the plane home.

The Tiki bar and facility was close to everything that interested us.

• One-Bedroom Suite

You HAVE to pay for valet, $10/per day and you get charged a hotel fee of $15/day. Staff were slightly rude, and the building is older. There were a few small roaches scattered here and there. I booked a queen suit with a balcony and when I went to check in I recieved no balcony and got 2 double beds. Bathroom smelled strongly of bleach and cleaner and bathroom itself was OLD. I definitely will not be back

You can walk out directly to the beach

• Hotel Room

The bed was AWFUL. It sunk in the middle making it very uncomfortable to rest. Also one day the pool gates were locked and people were having to go over the wall from the beach to get access.

The staff was very friendly and helpful whenever we needed anything.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The condo was completely out of date. The air conditioner leaked in the bathroom so you got wet everytime you tried to brush your teeth. I will never being my family back nor will I recommend It to anyone. It smelled like marajana everywhere you went. It's definitely not a place to take kids. The only plus was the tiki bar but they were way over priced.

Tiki bar food

• Studio with Kitchenette

Everything. Hotel was dirty, broken doors,floor. It had humidity in ceiling. It should be a 1 star hotel. Do not stay here!!

Nothing. The hotel was a real disaster

• Hotel Room

When I called to confirm that they had my reservation the manager was very rude and told me they didn't have it that I needed to contact the site--after being talked to like an idiot I tried to cancel the room online at booking.com and book somewhere else (considering he kept tell me that they didn't have my reservation--and in the end yes they had it the whole time-- he blamed the site for using my last name as my first name😡) but if I had chose to cancel then they would have charged me a cancelation fee-- I didn't like the fact that it looks like a very nice hotel on the site and it's really a run down building that need alot of work... And drain flies everywhere in the shower.. . not worth the money..

The bed was comfy and that's about the only plus!

• One-Bedroom Suite

Great location. Right on the beach. Walking distance to pier and restaurants. Also, free shuttle bus nearby. Tiki bar was fun and reasonably priced. Was upgrade to the 2 bedroom suite, which was beautiful.

Hurricane Irma.

This is a pet friendly location. During Hurricane Irma, they were understanding, and attentive to people who were stressed and tired. We will stay here on our next visit.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Didn't have any dish soap the entire stay and dishes were not cleaned by staff, had to go buy my own. Hotel phone did not work. Didn't have covers for bed in the couch even when we asked, they didn't have anymore. Didn't like that we had to valet.

The space in the rooms, the beach and pool were nice! The bartenders were nice at the beach. It was a very nice environment.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The facility was poorly maintained; bathrooms, pool and lobby. The staff were not friendly and helpful; front desk staff were rude and house keeping didn't provide linens or clean room.

The unit was great as far as accommodating the size of our family.

• Hotel Room

I suppose the building is a little dated but the good far outweighed that.

The location was amazing. I was able to walk everywhere on the beach. The view from the tiki bar can't be beat and the beach was beautiful. It was never crowded but there was a great, fun island vibe at the bar. I had to stay an extra night due to a hurricane and they even gave me a discounted rate. All in all it was a great deal and I will be back.

No microwaves in room 😟

Brian was amazing throughout my stay. There are no microwaves in rooms (except for the 2 bedroom suites) wish they would get. But everyday my tea was heated up in at lobby desk. Amazing food at Tiki Bar and Casablanka the Lounge

• Hotel Room

Had to pay for everything like parking did not have coffee makers in room have to buy coffee from shop in motel can not bring your chairs or umbrellas to their beach have to rent thiers.

Location,great food and price.

• Hotel Room

Three days and the air conditioner never cooled the room. Arrived to room temp 81. Set thermostat to 72 but it never got below 76 the despite running continuously 3 days. Pillows like little bricks. Free WiFi connectivity so poor internet access was rare unless you went to public areas (It's not my ideal of a hotel stay to sit in a lobby just to check email). Only hotel within 1-2 miles that pool closes.... at dusk, open in the mid-morning. Room- No desk, chairs, coffee pot, lamps (single ceiling light bulb, small counter with microwave had a single stool). Room phone no place to plug in, inoperable. EVERYTHING charges... beach chair, umbrella, parking, coffee. NO, NO, NO outside food, water, nothing allowed on their beachfront. Had to go outside to pool/Tiki-bar for a bucket of ice. Tiki-bar and Italian restaurant food GREAT with great service, but not family priced. Coffee bar Starbucks priced. No continental breakfast of any sort. While Tiki-bar is the carry-out food for the hotel the loud music and continuous drinking not my idea of a family orientated place to eat. Kids eating eggs amidst boozers.

The staff were genuinely supportive and congenial. Great customer service and effort by all of them. Kids under 18 stay free as long as they use existing beds a SUPER plus. SMALL pet friendly. Very clean, attractive, and with good maintenance. Close inspection shows the age of the hotel but they do a great job maintaining and renovating rooms a few at a time. Our room recently renovated- entire room spacious with impressive renovation of floors, walls, bathroom, ceiling... all.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Room we had was dated, unlike photos we saw on various websites. Kitchen & bathroom cabinets need to be replaced.

Clean room & beach, tiki bar & restaurants on site. The fact that they allow pets but the hotel smelled fresh

• Studio with Kitchenette

I had stayed here last year and it was great! I was only there for 3 days! This time I was there for 7! Valet is a joke they make you pick up your own car half the time. When they take your car they speed away with it. The TIKI bar had awful customer service! House keeping would take our towels and never return them. I had to go to the front desk to ask for new towels all the time. The hotel smelled like weed so bad it made me sick. I'm pretty sure our room had mold.

• Studio with Kitchenette

Some of the staff was very nice and some was not, including the manager, he stated he was the manager but I still don't think he was. Very rude. We had issues with both rooms, 1st room after our flight, the refrigerator was leaking all over the floor. That staff member was very nice and switched out room to a nicer room. But after waking the next morning the air conditioner vent had leaked a large mass of water all over our floors. Maintenance was asked to clean when we returned so that I could supervise our personal items in the room. I had to go across the road to get coffee. They did not wait. He did get it fixed and left. The other maintenance guy walked in without knocking while my daughter was changing into her suit. At this point I was angry. I did not let it upset my 2 day vacation though. We avoided the staff for the rest of the stay because when I went down to tell them and the manager my thoughts, it somehow got turned into my fault. And, got eyes rolled at me. I had asked the Maid service to NOT enter our rooms we would switch out towels later, she went in anyways. You had to walk through the bar area just to get to the beach, only access.

The only thing nice I can say about this resort was it was close to the beach but had to walk through the bar to get there. Nothing else...

• One-Bedroom Suite

The room was falling apart . The bed one was ok the other had a hole in the middle that my granddaughter was sleeping on top of me the whole night. The air conditioner was dripping that the floor was completely wet we have to put towels in the floor to be able to walk and every time you pass under it the water drop was folling in your head. The kitchen was falling apart the sofa in the living room was broken . The Tv in the bedroom didn't work. The towel hangers broke and they never replace then so there is nothing to hang any towel. Well what is good in the room? NOTHING I will never go back not even for free

The tiki bar

• Studio with Kitchenette

Our room was supposed to be a studio w/kitchenette. In fact, that's what we were charged for. It was a standard room with a dorm fridge. It took three separate tries to get properly functioning room keys. It took three separate phone calls to get the cot we requested when we booked a month ago to finally arrive at the room. The valet parking was $18 a day or you would have to park across the street which had little or no parking left. There was no door on the shower. The shower drain regularly overflowed back into the tub. There was construction going on on our floor. The front door didn't close properly. The AC was not functioning adequately. And the boardwalk area was not within walking distance as advertised. Lovely view of the parking lot, though. For a room that cost us almost $200 a night, I expected much more.

Um. Well, there were no hookers or pimps that we could see working the floor we were on. And I didn't see bedbugs or cockroaches, so there's that.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

broken blinds in every room. makes you think to yourself if they can't fix a blind, what else are they not paying attention to? also no late check out. we had to put our luggage in a side room.

awesome staff down at the tiki bar.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Studio with Kitchenette

not enough umbrellas, attendants gave some families 3-4 umbrellas so there wasn't any for other people.

tiki bar, attendants for beach for quick response to towels and chairs

• Hotel Room

Only frustration was with the shower in the room, not much water pressure, which made washing off any remaining sand difficult. Drain in the tub also drained slowly. Water temperature was not consistent, even when running only cold water in the shower, would change to scalding hot water quickly! Floors in the room and on the balcony got slippery easily.

Great location, with minimal tourist. Beaches were private & the area had shops and restaurants within walking distance. Pool area was very nice and had some shaded areas to get a break from the sun.

• Hotel Room

The hotel is privately owned. They explained that some of the rooms had been renovated and some had not, we got a renovated room. I would HATE to see what an old room looked like. The tile in the room was weird, and freezing. There was obvious spackeling from "renovations" everywhere. The beds were twin size, not queen as described on the website. There were only two outlets in the entire room and one of them didn't work. The bathroom was TINY. There was no door or curtain on the shower so water goes everywhere. The list goes on. Oh and no housekeeping services over the course of 4 days. Not even one person stopped by to see if we need towels. The restaurant AND the salon over charged my credit card, and I still have not gotten my money back. If you go to the beach, bring your own chairs. If you want a chair from the hotel it's $10 and an umbrella is another $10. The website says free parking but when you arrive the valet will tell you it's valet only and it's $10 a day. No one speaks English and staff are constantly yelling at each other. Very unprofessional. This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at, and I am not hard to please

The food was the only good thing about this hotel. And I was lead to believe that the restaurants at the hotel are not connected with the hotel.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Only valet parking and was charged $12 per night... The pool was not so clean a lots of bugs.. The people attending the tiki bar was rude.

The view amazing, the room was super comfortable. The food at the tiki bar was good.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Hotel Room

The pool was closed and empty. There were no bathrooms for us to use besides the one in the room. Very inconvient. Also the electricity in the room did not work the last day. Awful experience.

Browse Ocean Manor Beach Resort traveller photo gallery