Reviews of Hotel Ocean 3 stars

1230 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

#231 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

• Superior Room

The room had a window which couldnt be closed completely. The window was not attached to the wall so there was a slice open between the window and the wall (See picture). Since the restaurant of the hotel was playing the whole night music, it was always very loud in the room and not ideal for sleeping. There was a save which wasnt working and a broken alarm clock next to the bed. In our 2 days stay the elevator was broken 3 times.

Really close to the beach

• Modern Superior

Parking is expensive but you could parking around the corner cheaper. The breakfast is....blah but who cares you’d barely think about it anyway.

Loved the location, yea it gets a bit noisy but that’s because your in the heart of EVERYTHING IN SOUTH BEACH!! Literally as you walk downstairs you’ve got not 1 but 2 different restaurants!! Not to mention the beach is literally across the street!!

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The location is key.. The whole setting was very nice..!! Peaceful for being on ocean drive.. The food was divine the waitress was very nice..! Love It will return..

The room decor..!! Very nice..!! Marble showers with glass doors wao factor..!

• Superior Room

Don’t stay here if you value your sleep. Outside in the courtyard, they have a restaurant with a dj that plays till 3am!! If you’re reading this and have already booked, bring earplugs. You’re welcome.

Comfortable bed and amazing location

Staff could be friendlier. Not engaging. To enter the hotel you gotta walk past the tourist trap restaurants greeters. Bit annoying.

The room size for south beach is huge. Very well appointed and comfortable. Totally unexpected.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Floor was filthy, sheets had large holes in them, the fixtures in the bathroom were broken and a cockroach the size of a field mouse was on my bed when I returned after dinner!!!

Zero complaints

For the price we were very surprised with the beauty and size (large) or the room. The shower was an added feature. We had done only a one night stay and if we had know better; the accessibility to the beach and all the great restaurants and sweet coffee place, we would have extended our stay. And HUGE praise to your front desk gal who pointed us in the perfect direction for a delicious Cuban meal. She treated us with kindness and respect.

• Superior Room

Walking through the restaurant to have to get to your room

We booked a superior room no it was well worth it for the view out front and the size of the bathroom

• Superior Room

The location was first class - right on Ocean Drive at the heart of the Art Deco action. We liked the all day coffee and pastries. Staff were all very pleasant and helpful. We liked the quiet room at the back away from the all night noise of the street.

• Superior Room

There was no info about the restaurant. No idea what time they opened or that they had breakfast specials. We ate somewhere else and returned to find out the restaurant opened at nine.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The hallway smelled very bad. Our room was very dingy and had a broken and unplugged, smelly fridge in the corner. The bed was broken and dipped in the middle.

The lobby and outdoor patio were nice.

• Superior Room

Very tired lookong, paint work shoddy extremely noisy curtain pole toilet roll holder very loose on the wall basin cracked taps leaked windows wouldnt open. Needs attention thruout

The rooms were comfortable

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

It can be very loud in the area at night. Was ok for us but some people may have trouble sleeping. Also, the breakfast is cheap but don’t order any drinks there!!! The breakfast is $5.75 but the drinks will run you $15 to $30 each!

Perfect location right in the middle of South Beach’s Ocean Drive. The room was big and the bathroom was nice (great shower). Good, cheap breakfast right in front of the hotel (($5.75)

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very noisy... You pay a lot for... not sleeping! The staff of the reception does know nothing. Each receptionist was saying different things to us. Be careful of your credit card! They ask a guarantee which is supposed to be released after 7 days as we were told and the amount is still not available! Being a hotel manager i do not suggest it at all!!!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This place is super loud. The restaurant blared music at 2 AM. When I complained, the staff "well this is a party area and it's supposed to be loud." It was one of the worst experience. I didn't walk out feeling rested for my next day's activities.

• Superior Room

Being that I am not fluent in Spanish- check-in was a little frustrating because the receptionist (a woman) had a very heavy accent and wasn't the most pleasant or welcoming person I have encountered in my travels. She did make up for it by keeping our bags secure until our room was ready so that we could enjoy some time at the beach.

The bed was wonderful. The balcony was super awesome. It was just perfect for ending an evening and being able to enjoy some outdoor air and a great view of the beach. The location is IDEAL. Literally just across the street from the beach. 2 blocks from Wet Willies, 2 blocks from Mangos. A walk away from the best burger spot in Miami. I would definitely stay at this hotel again even tho there were a few issues during the check-in process.

• Modern Oceanfront

Unfortunately directly below the hotel is a bar/restaurant called IL Giardino. It blasts EXTREMELY loud music from speakers on the street. It was so loud I went to speak with the manager to ask her to turn it down a bit because I couldn't hear the TV in my room. I was told it was not linked with the hotel, but yet during my wait in the lobby for my airport shuttle I observed both the staff and the customers of IL Giardino freely use the hotel toilets. The noise doesn't stop until anywhere between 2 and 3 am! It starts again at breakfast time.

The rooms were nicely decorated, large bathroom with wet room. Staff were very helpful. Tea/coffee and pastries in the lobby.

• Superior Room

Asked for ocean view room but got obstructed view of rooftop. Owner tried to get us to pay $45/day for her valet parking yet public parking where they ultimately park the valet cars charges $1.00/hr. Advertised continental breakfast yet nothing continental about coffee and freezer Mini muffins. Which are limited to one per person. Didn’t like having to walk thru a restaurant to get to hotel.

Right across from beach. Quick access to multiple restaurants.

• Modern Oceanfront

We were initially given rooms on the un-renovated side. The walls were not sound-proof and the music volume from the outdoor DJ felt as though his speakers were in my room, although I was stories up. One of my friends has poorly working AC. Knowing that we would probably have concerns, by the time we went to the front desk, the concierge that checked us in had already made arrangements to have us moved to the upgraded side of the hotel. His successor already had our room numbers and intentions to move our belongings to make our stay even more pleasing.

The staff were super nice and accommodating. Everyone was friendly and greeted you with a smile. The already renovated side of the hotel was 4-star rating. Being in the most happening part of Ocean Drive, you have to be prepared to hear music most of the day and night. The plus of that is, you are only footsteps away from dining, dancing, shopping, and the beach. The bed was super comfortable, so despite the noise, you will sleep like a baby. The stand-alone shower with a rain showerhead was super relaxing and big enough for couples to shower (or whatever...*wink*) together. I did not have the time or opportunity to soak in the HUGE soaker tub, but I hope future guests will have the chance to indulge in some self-care. I would definitely stay at this hotel again during future trips to Miami. Great find!!!

• Modern Superior

There is a restaurant outside of the hotel with a band that plays music until 3am and it's really loud. So if you are tired you have to tune the music out with the tv or your own music.

The room was amazing

• Superior Room

The hotel/room was old and needed to be updated. The bathroom shower is verysmall. The plumbing in the bathroom needs repair as the facets cant fully turn off and there is no indication of jot and cold on the pipes. Their was a drip in the ceiilimg all night. The bathroom doors that seperated the room couldn't close. No flat sheet on the bed; the comforter was soiled. The chair in the room also had a stain that resembled blood. Parking is 62.00 not 42.00 they add fees.

I liked the view from the room

• Superior Room

Not really complaining, but it was interesting that I had a queen size bed for an ocean view. Bed was a little hard, and didn't have luxury bedding if that's something of interest.

I stayed during the 4th of July. Excellent location to be in on a holiday weekend. The surrounding area of the hotel is busy and safe at night. There is a store downstairs to grab essentials so you don't need to walk through crowds. I actually enjoyed that the refrigerator was empty, no snack bar, to keep things in. I was upgraded to the front of the hotel where I had an Ocean view, apparently other guests would not have enjoyed the noise from below. There was a DJ and dancers performing all day long. However, with windows closed it was quiet. The bathroom was updated, very spacious and very clean. New floors, and a nice design. If you are not planning on booking one of the bigger South Beach hotels, this would be my preference to stay on the strip.

• Superior Room

They had a old iron, but that's nothing big

Great location, it was in the heart of all the action. The staff is very friendly and if u want to sit and chill and listen to music at the restaurant downstairs u can do that to and the have a dancer out front.

• Superior Room

That I had to leave. Prices a little high but hey, you're right on ocean drive.

I loved the staff. They were there to serve and cater to your every need. If I had a problem they would fix it.

• Modern Superior

The restaurant music played until 2 I didn't mind as I was hardly there The renovation makes the entrance to the lobby very unattractive I hate walking through the restaurant seating area to the back

I must start by saying the location is amazing , value for your money. The rooms were big and spacious also the bathroom I loved it it was amazing. I stayed in the modern superior it was exactly what I wanted . It's right across from the beach playground and running areas.

• Modern Superior

In middle of reconstruction downstairs but it wasn't a problem. Some people may not like the busy location with hustle and bustle .

Great location . Beach was right across the street. Rental bikes, clubs, restaurants etc . Renovated room was beautiful!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Superior Room

The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We got there early and there were rooms available and she was willing to accommodate us. It was in a perfect location and we had access to two of the sister hotels that had 24 hour gyms and pools. They also supplied us with free beach towels and chairs which saved us $$$!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Superior Room

Extremely satisfied with every aspect of our stay at this property. We booked our next stay before we even left! The staff is very friendly, the room was amazing, the restaurant was incredible!!

• Superior Room

when we went to shower, we only had 1 washcloth; all undressed and too late so we just made it work!

Room was beautiful! Loved the rain shower. Bed was comfy. Right across the street from the beach!!

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Superior Room

it was loud at times, there were odd smells coming from the hallway, housekeeping took the down comforter from our bed on the second day, the fridge froze all of our food even though we turned up the temperature

it was conveniently located, the bed was comfortable and the room was a great size

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Modern Oceanfront

i left them an email to call me about my check in .. never got a call.. went on my cruise .. tried to check in they said they gave my reservation away due to me not calling .. the staff found me a room .. but they should really follow what the customers are asking

Bed and staff were amazing ..

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Deal of the Day

It was under renovation. Music downstairs but we didnt go to South Beach for peace and quiet.

Right on the beach, newly renovated room withgood sized bathroom, party downstairs, right in the thick of the action!! Would love to go back.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Modern Superior

The reception area is temporary due to renovations but it was the most dirty and uninvited I've ever seen with staff that was unwelcoming and unhelpful. They didn't even have a place to securely store my suitcase until the room was available. And the noise from their entertainment each day and night, made it impossible to sleep. The rooms are absolutely not soundproof and you can hear everyone in the hallways, the rooms next to you and the music in the courtyard at all hours. It was a really unpleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Superior Room

The music from the restaurant downstairs is very loud. It didn't bother me because after 1 they stop it, but if you have trouble sleeping and sleep early you gotta bear that in mind.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Deal of the Day

We cannot find anything that could have been better

A wonderfully place to stay on south beach,checking in was very pleasant,nice smile and great given information. Our room on the 5th floor VERY clean great view. It just felt so good to be treated so nice by the entire STAFF

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Superior Room

I liked the view from the window and the fact that pictures were accurate to the real condition inside the hotel. Big comfy bed and working tv! Kitchen space and big space at the bathroom. Oh and have to mention the private balcony!

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Superior Room

Knobs are broken of most water fixtures. Jets didn't work in bath tub Loud live DJ outside on property that plays music until 6am and starts again at 8am (fun - but hard to sleep in)

The bathtub and huge shower. Cozy bed View Close to everything. Staff was pleasant and chill :) upgraded our room for free (watch our bags for free and let us stay an extra hour before checking out)

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Deal of the Day

The hotel room needed a chair. Recently redone. I don't think decoration was complete. Still loved the room though.

The location is awesome! Very friendly staff, went the extra! Room was just redone, very nice.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Superior Room

Gick inte att prata eller höra tv på rummet pga musiken. Hade bokat åtta nätter bodde där en natt. Booking.com borde skriva att detta hotellet är bullerskadat.

Läget kunde varit bra om det inte var ett ute'disco' precis utanför hotelfönsterna från kl 14 till 02 på natten.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Deal of the Day

First and foremost is that there is a $25.00 manadtory seevice fee plus anothr $20 for taxes. I think they should advertise the total price and not when you have already commited based on price.

Location is good

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Deal of the Day

The room had damage to the furniture, the shower tiles were loose and when you stepped on it, the smell was horrible. The glass shower stall was almost falling off the wall, the sheets on the bed had blood on them.

Friendly staff.

• Superior Room

The hotel I located behind a vet busy restaurant. Which you have to go through to get to the reception and to you room. Not fun to walk through a busy restaurant when you come straight from the beach. Much less fun was the hostesses jumping in you, to get you a table.... every single time. They got very annoying! The restaurant also play VERY loud music all day and NIGHT. Stay away from room 212 if you don't wish to stay up all night listening to bad music. We had to ask for a more quiet room after one night of barely no sleep. The cleaning was horrible, we did not get new towels and when we did we only got one...I don't think they vacuumed the room once in 7 days and toiletries were not replaced when empty... The room was said to have a city view. But was more of a brick wall view.... so barely any natural light.

The location on ocean drive was good. Very close to the beach and to Lincoln Road.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Superior Room

Couple arguing in corridor for 15 minutes, but desk handled situation once informed. Great night's sleep afterwards!

Just layover stay. Not into facilities, more about location near hotel where friends were.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Deal of the Day

The noise from construction and the loud music early in the morning. The night time music is fine.

Excellent staff, comfy bed, modern & spacious bathroom, location. Free wi-fi. We got to use the nice pool & cabanas at Victor hotel next door

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Superior Room

Very dirty. Very VERY noisy. Very bad shape. Charged me BEFORE the stay at front desk. You can get clean and pretty and with swimming pool in same area for a lot less money. No reason for anyone to stay here.

Friendly guy at desk

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything. I had to wait for them to find a room because they overbooked. Also the machine wasn’t working a lot

Noisy !

Great staff. Fantastic location on Ocean Drive Rd near hottest spots. A few minutes from the ocean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The food was very good and the staff very helpful.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty, not updated, tiles in bathroom falling off. It felt dirty.

The view

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A bit noisy at night and expensive

The location.

Room needed some updating

Location and friendly staff.

• Deal of the Day

The patio connected to the hotel

• Deal of the Day

Very dirty. Staff sent me to my room, which when we got up there, the door was open, and the room still was not cleaned by housekeeping.

Loud music all night

• Superior Room

Room had recently been renovated and had a water leak from air conditioning unit

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Superior Room

Could have provided a microwave

Spacious room and luxurious bathroom

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Superior Room

The smell was bad, when u grist walk in it just smelled wet and the room smelled like hot piss

The set up, the view was grate

• Deal of the Day

No towels, hot water, and the staff was not kind

The view was great

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Everything was amazing

The bed was so comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Deal of the Day

A little pricey but not too bad

Shower was awesome

Too noisy, music very loud till 4 a.m

Location was great but tio busy abd coyld rest really

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Superior Room

DJ blaring music in courtyard til 3 am.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• Deal of the Day

Ocean front location, staff friendliness, bathroom remodel, bed comfort

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Superior Room

The rooms in hotel are totally different from the rooms picture on hotel site. Rooms are not clear. Very old furniture

• Reviewed: 1 April 2016

The water never really got hot in the shower or the jacuzzi tub. They held our deposit $$$ too long after check-out.

Loved the comfortable bed and the nice shower but most of all the jucuzzi tub. It was nice to have beach chairs & towels available as well.

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Parking, expensive food.....

Completely disagree with the parking 0% they must have a parking faciliti for costumes there is a charge extremely Haight and they never said on the website

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

The woman at the desk treated us like she couldn't be bothered when we asked her questions. Then THEY told us they'd provide us with beach towels and then told us it would be a 20 minute wait for them every time. I'd never stay here again.

The shower was amazing and very clean. The location was ocean front so it was perfect.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

Doesn't offer much amenities besides just a hotel. These are old houses converted to hotels. So it's kind of what you expect. It plays live music littlerally right outside the hotel. Which can get loud if you're trying to rest, but that's pretty much the entire Ocean Dr. If you're looking for a little more relaxing quiet place. I would not stay on Ocean dr.

This place is a gem in the absolute best location if you truly want to experience South Beach. We could walk to restaurants and shops without even needing a car. But if we needed to go a little farther out, there was Ubers readily available. The room was amazing, spacious, and clean. And for a little more money, you can have a water view. This place recieves the higest ranking for having a great location with a more budget friendly price. Would definitely go back. If you are looking for a nice clean room, with a great location, this is yhe spot for you.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2016

They told me they are full. And I have to go to another hotel to check in. However, they still charged me cad$340. I realized when I came back and check my credit card. And there is already over limit fee for that!!! They won't find out they made mistake, If I don't call the customer service.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2016

You can hire the bikes for only 2 hours.

The room was fantastic, the staff was great and the location. It was a little bit expensive but you are in South Miami beach which everything is expensive:)

• Reviewed: 21 January 2016

The guy at the front desk didn't find the reservation I booked through booking, he was rude and agressive. He said I didn't have any reservation although I showed him. He said he couldn't to anything for me, but there were plenty of other hotel around and I just have to find another one. It was raining and the street was blocked with the market. I had to call booking in the uk for them to sort the problem ( they were very efficient) but then the guy was even more pissed of. He said he wasn't his fault and I should be happy to finally get a room. I never Had such a bad service in the us.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

A/C system seemed outdated and room felt a bit more humid than other local hotels. Not extreme, but certainly noticeable. Also, elevator was inoperable. Once again, not a deal breaker because everything else made up for it.

Great location. Professional and nice staff. Beautiful view. Reasonably priced. Clean and comfortable.

There are also 33 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Ocean traveller photo gallery