Reviews of Ocean Park Inn 3 stars

710 Grand Avenue, Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA 92109, USA

#40 of 226 hotels in San Diego

Being woke up by front desk at 5:30 on Sunday morning saying...
    • Standard Double Queen Room

Being woke up by front desk at 5:30 on Sunday morning saying security needed to come in our room. Someone did come & checked the safe because the previous occupants left valuables. (The valuables were at the front desk the whole time) Manager apologized & gave us a discount off our stay.

Great location, staff, room and value!

Nothing to not like!

The room--tastefully appointed. The fragrance of flowers surrounded you and a staff person cheerfully greeted and handed me the desired bakery items--much cleaner aapproach.

• Standard Double Queen Room

I only stayed 1 night and they charged me for 2. I'm gonna call my bank right now. It could have really put me in a financial bind while on vacation if I didn't have more money in my account.

Not worth it!!
    • Standard Double Queen Room

To start off, the receptionist was incredibly rude. I was in shock. When we came back in to find out how the extra parking worked across the way (she’s the one who told us we could only park on car at their property and that we could park across the way for $20 a night) she basically said I don’t know, go ask the fire captain, and then turned her head and completely ignored us as if we weren’t even there. She’s the one who told us to park there!! Then we walked into our room and we have never smelled anything like that in our life. It smelled like death. There was long black hair all over the bathroom floor and on the towels. None of us had black hair... the furnishings were straight out of the 80’s and not in a good way. Honestly, the little couch they had in there looked 30 years old and so nasty. We paid $300 for one night for a super gross room and to be treated like we were nothing. I will NEVER stay there again.

This property was right on the beach which was really nice! Also the waffle breakfast was pretty yummy.

The location is perfect.
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

Coffee isn’t good but there is a Starbucks within walking distance

The location is perfect. Breakfast is just a continental one so lots of bread foods. Not my favorite but it’s included at least and there seemed to be a good selection of items. The room is good. Very clean and well kept but nothing fancy. You’re paying for the location but I would stay here again. It’s secure and comfortable with a great view

A great place which we would definitely stay at again.
    • Standard King Room

This didn't actually bother us, but we should mention that our room faced a few nightclubs which were very noisy every night. Music pumping very late. We could still sleep, but if you think this will bother you, ask for a room facing elsewhere.

Our friendly front desk person mirrored the friendliness of San Diego in general. The hotel really is right at the beach. Our balcony was our favourite aspect. It was facing the side, but we could still see the beach. Fun to sit and chill out there. The room was large, the bed was great. And a decent breakfast available downstairs.

Great location, good value for a beachfront hotel. Pool is a bonus.

Breakfast was pretty pathetic

The location is great. The rooms along the pool don’t get the noise from the night club on the other (front) side of the hotel. Many great bars and restaurants to walk to.

Location is perfect if You’re looking for an oceanfront hotel
    • Standard King Room

The staff was excellent friendly and very helpful when you look at the property looks like an old hotel but it is kept up beautifully and very clean I especially love the pool area very clean completely upgraded with very comfortable lounge chairs and sitting areas Unfortunately I don’t remember the staff’s name and everyone that was there working I believe I dealt with at least five different employees during my stay and housekeeping. Management has done a wonderful job hiring their staff I don’t have one bad thing to say. I would definitely return to this hotel

Had a great time.
    • Standard King Room

The lack of resteraunt facilities.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and the cleanliness was very good. It was a comfortable area to stay as were the hotel facilities.

Amazing
    • Standard King Room

Our room was in the back and there was a lot of noise from the cleaning and maintence staff. The people above us were loud when they walked around. Other then that is was a fantastic place to stay.

The hotel was so close to the beach and plenty of restaurants around you can walk to. Lots of entertainment within walking distance. The parking you have to pay for but it is secure and gated.

This is a good hotel in an excellent location right on...
    • Standard King Room

We had a pleasant stay here, with only 2 minor complaints. The pool was good, but rather small. And the breakfast was very basic, without any option for anything cooked.

This is a good hotel in an excellent location right on Pacific Beach.

I enjoyed my stay and the location was great!
    • Standard Double Queen Room

It's a party town so you will have to cope with the ambiance at certain spots. The crowd is very young!

Location, location, location! Nice views from the balcony! You can hear the ocean waves and go to sleep with that sound!

Not worth 200 something a night!
    • Standard King Room

You ask if my eggs were Fluffy eggs they only had hard boiled ones??? Pastry didn't seem to look fresh. Coffee was great! The bed was terrible all I could feel were the bed coils. No choice of fluffy/ flat/ soft pillows. "My pillows" are not comfortable to everyone. Didn't know it was located next to the firehouse grill and club. One night I listened to the clubs music for hours which flowed right through the walls of the hotel. Requested compensation for the night but did not get an ansewer. Is it possible to get a one night refund?

The staff was very pleasant.

Great staff which made all the difference!
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

Bed was tired as were the pictures and furnishings in the room. Breakfast was about the same as a far cheaper hotel. Given the price of the rooms would have expected room and breakfast to be more upscale.

All the staff were wonderful. view was fabulous. drapes were fabulous. bathroom was great. locations was great.

We will book this again the next time we go to San Diego!!
    • Standard King Room

Sometimes it took awhile for the room to be cleaned, even when we alerted them.

Very comfortable bed and atmosphere. LOVED being right on the ocean. The pool area was wonderful. The deck was a favorite place to sit.

Nice room. Poor communication of power outage.
    • Standard Double Queen Room

The hotel had a planned power outage ffrom 10 pm - 6 pm the last night of our stay They knew in advance prior to our checking in but they didn’t tell us until the day of the planned outage by placing a letter in our room. We asked for compensation but none was given.

Perfect chilled-out mini-break
    • Standard King Room

Maybe a few drinks in the fridge would be nice? But this seems fairly normal in the US.

Wonderful location, friendly staff, chilled out vibe. Loved it.

This was my second time, Excellent would stay again
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

Nothing really, minor stuff like could use new carpeting

Location is excellent. Bars, restaurants and Ralphs supermarket all within a few minutes walk. We were lucky enough to have a beach front room (225) to watch the beach and action on the boardwalk listen to ocean every night. Room spacious, comfortable king size bed, bathroom had large shower and looked recently remodeled stocked with conditioner, shampoo, lotion, soaps and plenty of towels. Fridge, desk and safe. We also had a sleeper sofa and nice balcony with 2 chairs and table. Unlimited in and out garage for $16 a night which was a good deal considering parking conditions around there. Free continental breakfast, waffles, assorted cereal, bagels, toast, pastries. Pool and whirlpool. Staff was excellent. Very friendly and helpful

Centrally located ocean front property. So much to love.
    • Standard King Room

The hallways leading to the rooms could use some work. However, the rooms are updated and nice.

Great location! Centrally located to restaurants and the property is ocean front. The breakfast was better than some reviews indicated. Waffle maker, fresh fruit, and the latte machine were the top picks for me.

First time to San Diego. Ocean Park Inn was a wonderful place to stay. Our visit was awesome.
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

Would of likes a bigger balcony to stretch out. Still awesome though

Excellent location. Staff is very helpful. Breakfast is Ok. I love being able to get a beverage 24/7. View is breath taking. Lots of eating places nearby.

Relaxing, exciting, and an excellent holiday!
    • Standard Double Queen Room

We are not used to paying per day for parking.

The view from our window was perfect - ocean, palm trees, surfers, beach!!! You need to ask for ocean view. Mary took extra special care of everyone at breakfast. She greeted us with a smile every morning.

Bed was comfortable and room appeared very clean.
    • Standard King Room

Bed was comfortable and room appeared very clean. Room furnishings, including the carpet, were a little tired. Breakfast was average. Small thing, but tissue and toilet paper was about the cheapest available. Hotel was surrounded by overwhelming weekend night life. A little busy for my taste.

• Standard Room with Ocean Front

We were given a room that did not look at all like we thought we signed up for. To get the room resembling the booked room we had to pay an additional $30 per night. Not happy about that. So who’s at fault here: Booking.com or Ocean Park Inn

Great property, rooms really comfy, pool/jacuzzi amazing, access to beach incredible!
    • Standard King Room

Extremely noisy especially on weekends as street drummers set up nearby and can bang as loud and long as they want till 10pm. Not the hotel's fault, just something to consider. Wimpy breakfast.

Amazing vicinity to restaurants, bars, and oceanfront path.

I’ll be back with hubby or friends! Thank you
    • Standard Double Queen Room

That I couldn’t bring my dog! He isn’t a big dog n he doesn’t chew stuff up! He’s only 12lbs n well groomed n listens well! He’s better than some peoples kids...LoL

Clean room, nice pool n hot tub n furniture pretty updated! Bathroom like new! Large towels are great! Coffee machine in room n small refrigerator are great! Great shampoo products!

Great location, friendly staff.
    • Standard King Room

Hot tub was scumy and luke warm. Told the front desk. They were very nice about fixing it, but it never got warmer or cleaner during our stay. Carpet needs replaced in the hotel. Old and kind of musty

The breakfast was very nice.

Relaxing, yet close to everything!
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

Few low carb options at hotel breakfast. Noisy neighbors one night.

On the beach, close to the pier, second floor room with a view, close to shops and restaurants. Staff was excellent. Patrick checked us in and suggested cool places to visit during our stay. He made us feel welcome and was very helpful. We will definitely stay there again.

We liked our stay.
    • Standard Double Queen Room

The only problem was that in our room, every time someone did their laundry, it felt like an earthquake. In fact we did think it was an earthquake till we found out it was the laundry.

We liked our stay. The location is outstanding.

Our view was amazing ( room 214)and the bed and pillows...
    • Standard King Room

It was a little odd that there was no closet or ironing board or microwave. I didn't really care for having to open the cabinet door every time you want in the fridge. Minor things really.

Our view was amazing ( room 214)and the bed and pillows super comfortable. Staff was very helpful and the bathroom amenities very up scale. Pictures are of our first night right from our balcony, and you can go to sleep listening to the waves.

Central location is ideal
    • Standard Double Queen Room

The hotel itself is a dated, but the bathrooms have been renovated which is a plus. It is located right next to a noisy bar so it can be a little tough to get to sleep.

The location is excellent and the parking garage is very convenient. The spaces are tight so I recommend renting a smaller car if you are going to park it. We did not go down to the breakfast that was offered. Instead we walked down one block to Breakfast Republic which was awesome! But get there early!

Nice place bad customer service
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

The elevator broke both days we were there and our fridge didn’t work, I’m 8 months pregnant so walking up 3 flights of stairs was horrible. Called to get fridge fixed waited hour and a half no one came!

The view was very nice beds were super comfy

Excellent place to stay with lots of shops within walking...
    • Standard King Room

Excellent place to stay with lots of shops within walking distance. The beach boardwalk right behind the hotel was an added bonus too! Would definately stay there again!

Our 3rd floor view of the ocean and bars down below were an...
    • Standard King Room

I prepaid in full one month prior to check in. Since then my debit card was stolen and reissued by my bank. When I arrived I explain that I have a new debit and also a cc for them to use for parking/incidentals which they gladly took. EVERY MORNING the front desk called my room STILL asking for my old card. They wanted to refund my old card, then recharge my new card to keep their paperwork organized. So you want me to wait 5-7 banker days or a refund while you take another $400 from my bank account?!? My husband asked them to speak to our bank or give us cash before charging another transaction. Then the "on-site manager" Jessica finally conceded and stated that NOW they would make an exception. HELLO! You couldn't make a executive decision on day one?!? They also charged us a 2nd time for parking without my authorization which they refunded after they deactivated our room/parking keys (both of them). How rude when you are the ones that have a flaw in your policy regarding debit cards. YOU took my money, it was already paid. WHY did you let this become such an issue? BOOKERS BEWARE!!! Too bad they had to be jerks.

Our 3rd floor view of the ocean and bars down below were an awesome spot.

Nightmare on Grand
    • Standard King Room

Room 209. Next to Firehouse grill. If you are a light sleeper this is not the room for you. The noise from the bar reverberated off the walls from 10:00pm to 1:30am. A complete nightmare. Get a room on the west or north side. Very disappointed.

Room was clean, close to beach and restaurants.

Location of the hotel was great, right in the middle of...
    • Standard King Room

Location of the hotel was great, right in the middle of hotels, shops and restaurants/bars! Hotel was clean and the room was nice. Very good breakfast!

I do generally like this hotel as it is clean and comfortable with good location for where I go .
    • Standard Double Queen Room

I didn't like that they were unable to give me the room location that I requested when I booked and paid for my room 1 week in advance. I arrived at 2:15 pm and they didn't have a room on the floor I requested ready at 3:35 pm and no ETA given. I did speak to the manager and was given a room on another floor I didn't prefer but at half off.

Wonderful vacation
    • Standard Double Queen Room

Staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming. Location was wonderful and close to beach, food and shopping. The room was clean and the bathroom was a perfect size (shower was great for our 6'5 guys) Breakfast was good, simple but nice to eat on site...if you needed more the seven/eleven is across the street.

The staff at Ocean Park Inn are wonderful.
    • Standard King Room

The staff at Ocean Park Inn are wonderful. They are happy to help and make you feel very welcome. Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The location is excellent with the beach at your doorstep and a variety of eating options nearby. (Walk to Oscar's for amazing fish tacos.) We would definitely stay at Ocean Park Inn again.

Many walks on the beach, fabulous food, and a top notch hotel experience!
    • Standard King Room

I prefer 2-ply TP but I had to think really hard to come up with something I "didn't" like. Honestly if that's my only complaint you guys are doing great . I can go a few days without Charmin ;)

Of course the location was incredible but that was just the beginning. The check in process was smooth and easy. Parking was safe and secure. The room was very clean and super comfortable! The entire staff was very friendly from the desk to the dining to the cleaning we were regularly greeted with smiles and conversation. So much to do in the area and so little time. We we be back!!

The room was wonderful, loved everything about our visit.
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

Better breakfast, I was disappointed with it. We went down to Kono's and that was amazing.

The room was wonderful, loved everything about our visit. Can't wait to come back. I've told everyone about it.

Well maintained, clean and very comfortable stay.

Could use some updating.

Well maintained and very clean. Great view of the oceanfront. Pool and hot tub a plus. Coin operated laundry onsite. Staff very friendly.

best value for your dollar and you can't beat the location.
    • Standard King Room

the weather could have been better, which has nothing to do with how i rated this hotel.

when you stay here you are practicaly on the beach! great staff and i have been in the tourism industry. great pool and hot tub. good breakfast. always stay here when i come to pacific beach.

Had a nice time, great value for your money. Would stay there again.
    • Standard Double Queen Room

Rooms on the east and south sides of the hotel are adjacent to restaurants that are open late and play loud music as well as next to the fire station. If you have kids I would ask for a room on the north side which is quieter and has partial beach views.

The staff were very nice and helpful. The beachfront was soo clean we could walk without shoes and not worry about glass and things. Morning breakfast was good.

Ocean Park Inn in PB is the most laid back place to be.
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

My fiance and I booked this hotel due to all of the good reviews we saw online. We were sure to book the ocean front room after seeing the beautiful pictures of the beach posted by previous people who stayed in one. The room was definitely worth the price! It was nothing fancy but very clean and the staff was super accommodating Every morning we were able to sit on our balcony while eating breakfast and in the evening walked the 2 minutes to the beach to watch the sunset. There are plenty of small shops and restaurants all around PB that were perfect for a quick bite or a sit down dinner. We traveled to different towns throughout San Diego and nothing was more than a 20 minute uber ride. I absolutely recommend this hotel to everyone and will definitely be back in the future!

Good central location.
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

The walkway on the beach side could be noisy late at night if the door was left open rather than using the a/c.

The hotel is run by a great team who are all efficient and effective. The continental breakfast offered a good choice. Comfortable bed. Seafront location. Underground parking.

Would definately stay here again.
    • Standard Double Queen Room

Had a little worry when arriving as the hotel looked as if it needed a good make over. But we quickly took a liking to it in an old fashioned way. Although the chair in the room was a bit grubby. It is to be redecorated next year.

Great Location. plenty of places nearby to eat. safe walking. Easy to find and right on bus / trolley route to down town. Plenty of parking spaces and not to dear. Continental Breakfast included with plenty of choice. Very friendly staff.

Nice hotel in a great location
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

The location of the Ocean Park Inn is great. Nice beach right across the sidewalk from the hotel. Lots of places to eat and or drink. Staff was very nice and helpful. Property is well maintained. I look forward to staying at OPI again.

We enjoyed our stay but noise and crowds outside a problem
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

Problem is noise from next door bar and from novice entertainers on the beach side. One morning we woke to a guy beating on plastic cans. The facility is dated but very clean, but they are going to lose business due to noise and late night crowds!

view of ocean

It was short and sweet, as we were at the horse races in Del Mar most of our one night stay.
    • Standard King Room

I haven’t any negative comments!

Hotel offers all the amenities you need and nice location. We didn’t get a beach view, but did have a pool access from our lower room patio.

Restful and enjoyable
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

You can't beat this location! Walkable to so many things and the view was fabulous. Great for people watching and wave frolicking. Just my husband and I but my whole family would love this location.

The location.
    • Standard Double Queen Room

While the rooms were kept fairly clean, the carpet appeared very old in the rooms and hallways. It would have been nice to have a small microwave in the room since there was a mini fridge.

The location. We were right on the beach and after a small upgrade charge had a great view of the ocean. The room felt large enough for three, each with a fairly large suitcase. I appreciated the continental breakfast each morning.

I can't wait to go back to San Diego and stay at the Ocean Park Inn.
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

The shower head was hand-held (good) but the hose connecting the shower head to the wall was kinda flimsy and difficult to maneuver. It could be updated. I wanted a room close to the beach, but the boardwalk area can be kindof noisy with people walking, talking, yelling, playing music, playing drums, biking (and ringing the bike bells), and skateboarding (the worst) under your window all day long and pretty much all hours of the night, but I could hear the surf and after awhile you kindof tune out the people sounds. There were some restaurants nearby that played loud music late into the night, but my room faced away from them and I couldn't really hear it that much. With the sliding glass door closed I really couldn't hear much noise from restaurants/boardwalkers but then I also couldn't hear the surf. I was fine with it, but if you are looking for peace and quiet the rooms directly over the boardwalk probably aren't for you.

I loved the view (I had a full ocean view room right above the boardwalk)! The beach is right there. I also loved the comfy bed and the super clean and comfortable bedding and pillows. The bathroom was very updated and clean. The water pressure was great! The in-room fridge was roomy and quiet. The in-room Keurig brewer and coffee pods were a nice touch. Continental breakfast was great, loved the waffle station, and served from 6:30 to 10 I think so I could eat early and go, or sleep in and still grab free breakfast. Staff was very friendly and helpful. There are a bunch of restaurants nearby, as well as grocery store and pharmacy within one block, I walked everywhere, but bike rentals were really close, too, and I only waited a few minutes for my rideshare driver when I wanted to go to the Harbor area and Gaslamp District for the day. Oh, and did I mention the view?

Comfy beds.
    • Standard Double Queen Room

Boyfriend didn’t like the breakfast. Pretty basic. But hey it’s free. Bagels, toast, cereal.

Comfy beds. Beach is right out the door. Super fun time :-)

I would return to this hotel.
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

The only concern was a homeless person falling asleep in front our ground floor room.

Bed and continental breakfast were fine. Location was wonderful!

Perfect getaway!
    • Standard King Room

The location made our vacation perfect. Great access to a huge variety of restaurants, grocery stores, Starbucks, mailing place, anything you could want. Hotel parking is a huge bonus, having a washer and dryer available was a lifesaver. Great place.

Great location right on the beach with wonderful view of the...
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

Lobby was underwhelming. Not an inviting place to gather. Breakfast was adequate. Waterfront rooms could be noisy when bars let out at night.

Great location right on the beach with wonderful view of the ocean. Clean, comfortable rooms.

Mehhh-its ok.
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

Property is on the boardwalk and it is super busy. There was a festival going on when we were there and it was a zoo. Breakfast is not very good. No bar onsite. We were given a first floor room which has a shared patio area with the other rooms, no privacy. Try to request a 2nd or 3rd floor room of you book it. For the amount of $ you pay its not a very good deal.

The property is on the boardwalk.

Overall, this hotel was great. Would definitely recommend it.
    • Standard Double Queen Room

Parking pass should be complimentary instead of a separate charge. Breakfast menu could have been better. Need to add a meat choice.

The property is right next to the beach with easy access. Food & shopping are all within walking distance.

An amazing, fun, relaxing and memorable trip. We will stay again.
    • Standard King Room

The price for parking should be lowered about $10.00 or it should be included in the price of the room. Never moved our car. So much to do and see in walking distance.

How nice the staff was. They were quick to respond to emails. Also got a great room with a perfect view. They made sure that all your needs were met. Chairs, beach towels, boogie boards and beach toys supplied!

Perfect just perfect...view from my room
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

The super friendly staff and the hotel as a whole. This was my 65th birthday and I could not have asked for more... everything was wonderful..you walk out the back door and you were on the beach! !😄The sound of the waves all night was just a topper...

Great get away.
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

We had a first floor room with a large terrace facing the ocean, but it wasn't private and we couldn't see the water.

Truly superb location and great staff!

We had a good time aaat the hotel.
    • Standard King Room

The location was the best. We had an excellent ocean view. The furnishings were old but well kept. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. This was a last minute booking since our vacation rental cancelled our reservation due to renovation at the condo.

Room was nice and clean.
    • Standard Double Queen Room

Breakfast had only waffles, boiled eggs and bagel with jam or so. No cheeses, no proteins of any kind. Baked and sweet food.

Room was nice and clean. Plenty of towels including for the beach. Room cleaning was fast and regular.

Instant Beach Access- Not so instant pool and spa access.
    • Standard King Room

I was very disappointed that the pool and hot tub/spa were supposed to be open from 8AM to 10PM. Both mornings we were there, however, neither were available until 9:45 or 10:00AM. This was disappointing since my son LOVED both and really wanted to have a final swim before we left the inn. Overall, it felt like a nice place to stay, but a little pricey for what we had access to. If not for the immediate beach access, I would have rated this hotel MUCH lower.

I chose Ocean Park Inn because of it's location, which is on the beach. The inn even has direct access to the beach from the swimming pool. I loved that we could walk out of the hotel and be on the beach within 30 seconds. In addition, our room had a nice view of the spa and pool with a partial view of the ocean. The continental breakfast was expansive and included waffle batter and waffle irons for those who wanted to make their own waffles.

Great location but a beach hotel with no thrills
    • Standard King Room

Didn't feel secure on first floor, breakfast was horrible, and the booking.com description said there was a sofa sleeper and there wasn't your description was wrong which caused an issue.

Location was great

Ocean Park Inn, great location, friendly staff, secure parking, lovely rooms.
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

Wish pets or emotional support dogs were allowed. Had to leave my support dog home.

Great location, lots of restaurants and shops near by, friendly staff, comfy bed, extras like beach chairs, umbrellas, big beach towels-free to use.

Came here for my bachelorette party and had such an amazing time!
    • Standard Double Queen Room

Just wished I could of stayed longer!

The beds were so comfortable!! Love the pool and hot tub! Being a few steps from the beach and some of the best restraunts and bars is amazing!

Ocean front room is perfect for the beautiful ocean of...
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

The complimentary breakfast could have been better, with some eggs for example.

Ocean front room is perfect for the beautiful ocean of course and also the people watching. Even though you pay for the underground parking, 15 per day isn't bad at all and is much needed in the area.

• Standard Room with Ocean Front

Breakfast old stail pastries nescafe coffee coffe maker in room did not work fold out bed was the worst barely softer than concrete homeless people living on the lawn garbage from homeless

Best bang for your buck!
    • Standard Double Queen Room

The bed was a little firm for my taste.

Staff were all very friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. The rooms and all areas were very clean and attractive. The beach was great and very easily accessible from the hotel. We enjoyed the many shops and restaurants of the boardwalk and surrounding area. It is an easy walk to just about any kind of food you can think of. Our room was quiet and comfortable, and the in-room refrigerator was convenient. The free breakfast was surpassed our expectations of a continental breakfast, and there were enough choices that we ate there every morning. The room rates were far below several other beach front hotels we looked at, and we enjoyed many of the same amenities, plus amazing service!

Vicinity to beach was great.
    • Standard Double Queen Room

King bed in room had zero support - just was way too soft. Had back pain from sleeping on it 5 nights. Breakfast was ok - same selection every day. It would have been much better with a decent cup of coffee.....tasted like hot water with no hint of coffee in it at all. Hotel offers guests beach towels and free use of chairs and umbrellas that other guests have left behind. There is a reason they were left - I took a yellow chair to beach only to find it not useable as the seat was ripped out on 1 side. It would be nice if beach hotel provided guests chairs and umbrellas??? The hotel is surrounded by clubs so you will hear loud music and loud people at all hours of the night.

Vicinity to beach was great. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. I had booked on Booking.com a Standard Room with Ocean View for 2 people max. ( The room I booked was the cheapest one when I booked it months ago and said only 2 in room at most - Fine for me and 1 teenaged child) I only booked this hotel and this room because it said it had an Ocean View - but some how the booking was changed by Booking.com and my reservation at the lower price was made for a standard double queen. (Note: On Booking.com a standard double queen costs more on Booking.com than a standard room with ocean view) I didn't click the standard double queen what I clicked on was the first choice on the room list which was the standard room with ocean view which was the cheapest room) When I got to hotel they said that Standard Double Queen doesn't come with Ocean View. The young man at the desk said he heard this before and that the room we were booked for was on the ground floor with a wall view. I told him that was not acceptable as that was not what was represented on the Booking.com. He was very nice and changed us to a 2nd floor that had a King and a sofa bed and a partial ocean view. If they were full I would have been stuck with no view at all. The problem I think was with Booking.com not the hotel. I think the reservation link states one thing and when I reserved it changed. Won't use this reservation site again.

Great Hotel!
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

The pull out sofa was not very comfortable, but that's normal.

The inclusive breakfast was very nice and had a good selection to choose from. The room was very clean and so was the property. Staff was very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

I had a great stay and would recommend this place to anyone travelling to San Diego.
    • Standard King Room

The carpet in my room seemed a little grimy but that could've been because of the sand coming into the room.

The complimentary breakfast was really good. I could hear the sounds of the ocean from my room. Didn't even have to switch on the AC because of the ocean breeze.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Nice Hotel with perfect location
    • Standard Room with Ocean Front

Breakfast was close to what I'd call "low quality" - should I ever stay at the hotel again, I'd book w/o breakfast and rather have it at one of the great restaurants in the vicinity.

Perfect location at Pacific Beach, nice ocean front room, nice pool (if you dislike the beach). Bus station to get to Oldtown to see all the touristy stuff is right around the corner (25 minutes ride).

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Best hotel stay
    • Standard King Room

The staff was great, the room and facility was clean and comfortable! We stayed 4 days, and had absolutely no complaints. This will be the only hotel we stay at. It is highly recommended.

Browse Ocean Park Inn traveller photo gallery