Reviews of Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort 3 stars

4060 Galt Ocean Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308, USA

#97 of 131 hotels in Fort Lauderdale

• Standard King Room

Staff was way too snooty for this subpar hotel

Accommodations were so-so. Were it not for the beach...I definitely wouldn’t return. Bathroom and shower was nice...the room smelled musty and appeared rundown and in need of updates and repair

What I didn't like. Was that one lady at the front desk. I asked her for parking information and she just gave me bad attitude and told me I have to park in the hotel because from what she knows there were no public parking or park outside the hotel.

I like how the valet personnel is really good at what they do, treat us nicely all the time.

Seemed like a lot of people at the hotel that were not guest using the pool and hot tub area. Really ruined the day with coolers and loud music and chair hogging. Felt like we were at a state park instead of a resort. No rules were being followed around the pool area. Disappointing.

Beach front was awesome.

We booked this hotel because we were leaving for a flight very early the next morning. I specifically wanted a hotel with a pool, beach access, and airport shuttle. After checking in I made mention to the fact that we would need to use the shuttle in the morning and the woman at the front desk said no problem. Later on that evening, I called down to let them know when we would be leaving in the morning and was told that they didn’t have anyone at that time and it would cost us $12 a person for a ride to the airport if we would have used it anyhow. If you look up this hotel’s amenities, the first thing they advertise is airport shuttle. No where does it say there is a fee involved or that it’s not always available. We ended having to use a Lyft at the last minute. Ended up being much cheaper than the $12 a person the hotel was going to charge us.

This hotel was just right for the money we paid to stay. The outside amenities were beautiful and the beach access was very close and accessible. We had lunch out on the patio and the food was amazing!

• Standard King Room

Food and drinks at restaurant and tiki bar were super expensive. Not much alcohol in those 10 dollar drinks

comfy bed, room was fine, I loved the pool and hot tub

• Standard King Room

The bathroom looks like it is straight from the 80's. Shower has no pressure, water is cold. It REALLY needs some improvement. The AC was super loud, made it quite hard to sleep at night.

The facilities are great! The pool is VERY nice!

• Standard King Room

Door to balcony was in bad shape, was hard to open and shut. Tried to get early check in around 10am due to cruise ship coming in at 8am but couldn’t get a room until 2pm. Didn’t take any steps to have rooms cleaned early. Food was really expensive, $22 for a hamburger and dessert.

Beaches, pool and spa were very nice

Too much construction going on very noisy only one elevator working and I had a leak in my bathroom and had to switch rooms

Centrally located and right on the beach pool area is decent and the jacuzzi is very nice the tiki bar closes kind of early

• Standard King Room

At check in we were notified there would be construction 9-5 daily. It was EXTREMELY loud, no way you could relax in the room during those times. One of three elevators was disabled due to construction as well. Overall, the place just felt run down. Staff was nice enough. We were supposed to stay 3 nights but checked out after the first night due to noise. Front desk gave us $50 off that first night due to the noise. We ended up jumping back on booking and getting a room at the Hilton down the road which is an incredible property

Located on the beach, decent pool, cool that they have an escape room on the property

Elevator disarray and significant construction noise

Undergoing a rennovation made it a challenge for elevator use and level of noise during the day, down to 1 elevatore several times. Still comfortable experience.

Need to update rooms

Nice area great location on the beach ... no bells or whistles at the hotel... very plain Jane . Under construction vey loud and noisy

• Standard King Room

People in another room were talking from 2:00-3:30 in the morning and we could hear them, so walls must be thin. Smoke alarm went off due to coffee maker two times (very loud at 5:00 am).

Great location and view. Nice and comfortable king-size bed.

Due to the fact there was a tropical storm the whole weekend, it would of been nice if the staff/front desk were more attentive to that fact and maybe took off some of the price of our entire stay or added something as a bonus, maybe an upgrade or an actual ocean view? We had to stay in our room the entire time. Very disappointing.

It was being remodeled so there was only one working elevator and we had to dodge furniture going down the hallway. But they did the best they could. I'd stay here again for sure.

The views were spectacular. Right on the beach. The pool area is very nice. The free shuttle to the restaurants in the evening was nice.

It was only one working elevator. I had to request for housekeeping to clean our room

The location was great. Free shuttle service to local restaurants.

Had to move to another floor. First room on 5th floor smelled of urine from a recent group of university students. Was not made aware of this. Room was not in any condition to be offered to guests. Only got $20 refund for inconvenience. Only one elevator working. Hotel under construction.

Outside grounds are great. Hot tub, pool and beach access.

Loud construction going on 9-5 every day and we were not told this at Check in. Literally could not hear ourselves talking and TV turned all the way up and still couldn’t hear it. Gave us single instead of double room, had to return to front desk for correct room type. No hot water 5/21. Staff not friendly, other guests upset about noise. Jet ski rental guys never at their rental shack. Will tell everyone I know NOT to stay there. Bad experience overall, really want a refund of at least one night. I did submit a TripAdvisor review as well, 2 stars at best but 1.5 more like it. Recorded the loud drilling but cannot post it here.

Beachfront, nice lobby

• Standard King Room

Nothing. I booked a room with a King size bed, I got there after 10 pm and my room was giving to someone else. Gave me a room with double beds and kitchen which I really didn't want. And to make things worse the room was sharing and we had neighbors talking load at 4 am. Very disappointed, do not recommend.

There was only 1 elevator working which took me and my friend about 5-7 min to wait to get off our floor. There was extreme construction on the 9th floor which was so terribly loud we couldn’t hear ourselves talk , talk to family on the phone , watch tv or nap. It’s pretty much like I couldn’t utilized the room I paid for. Everyone we ran into (including us) waiting for the elevator was complaining about the noise and the fact this huge hotel had 1 working elevator . Some of the staff depending on the shifts were Not friendly. When we checked which was a late check In due to the flight delay the front desk attendant didn’t know much about the area (food, bars, activities ect) we didn’t know what we got included in our stay. (She seemed like she was ready to go home and didn’t care much) And they gave us a (paper ticket) to get towels which over time the paper disintegrated well because we are at the beach, pool and jacuzzi. So keep your paper ticket extra dry. We wanted to extended our stay but once we heard the construction & having to wait for the elevators over and over ,we just went else were after check out.

The ocean sky resort is a nice hotel with a good location. it’s very nice going out back to a jacuzzi, big pool lots of chairs to tan, a tiki bar ,and stepping right on the beach.

• Standard King Room

They were renovating the hotel. I never got to sleep in, the housekeepers gave me dirty sheets. One had blood stains on it. I got clean towels once during my stay. The hotel needs a lot of up dating in the bathrooms. Only one elevator worked. They should have told us it would be a miserable stay. I will never return to this joke of a hotel ever again. This was my second time there but also my last

At this point the only thing good about this hotel was the valet. This hotel is horrible

A full size mirror in the room would have been nice. We could hear construction going on from our room almost all of the time. There was only 1 elevator, in which construction workers and housekeeping used most of the time. Had to go out for coffee because the coffee in the room and restaurant was awful. Unfortunately, I don't think I would book with you again or recommend you. Also there was one gentleman in valet parking that was pushy. I was very unhappy with him. It happened on the night I arrived, we were trying to ask questions and he just said I will park for you. I was very tired that night and allowed him to park it but didn't use valet the rest of the trip!

I like the location near the beach. The beds were very comfortable!The staff was very helpful and nice!

Only 2 elevators working... hotel was booked.. took forever to get the elevator.. had to take the steps several times from the 9 th floor. Maid service and maintenance workers coming in the elevator with their carts and equipment.. they were down the whole entire stay.. pool area was dirty all the time... my son stepped on broken glass with a piece in his foot

Located on the beach

They were remodeling a few of the rooms with new upgrades but they kept it as promised to between the hours stated! I appreciate that!

It was exactly what my daughter and I needed and access to the beach was amazing ... right out the back gate of the property! Eddie in the concierge was great with wonderful recommendations... Donald the shuttlr driver was good too!

Too much second floor construction noise that started around 8AM Monday 5/14/18. With 1 elevator out of commission and 1 working elevator it made trips to the room a crowded ride that you had to wait for a while to get on. The stairwell was not lit as in no lights and when I opened the door to the stairway it was dark. The beach elevator looks and feels like a small cargo elevator w/ pressed-board walls and out of place ceiling panels. The staff was friendly enough but with no warning of the noise that would wake me up and keep me awake makes me never want to give this place another dime. No discounts or any attempts made to retain this customer for future stays They did waive the parking fee, so that's better than nothing I guess. The smell of the kitchen grease from vents located below my balcony added a classy touch to the ocean view. For Spring break this place is probably great 'cause who cares about stuff like safety, peace and quiet and getting a good nights sleep when you're here to party, right?

Bed was comfortable for a few hours sleep until the construction noise started. Could see the ocean and smell the kitchen's grease from the balcony.

• Standard King Room

Didn’t elevators not working room near right next to room just one working elevator next to my room up and down all night room small no space in bathroom to put makeup and toiletries glass broken in pool area nephew cut foot not too happywoukd

Loud construction, very slow elevators, old showers,

Very convenient to the beach, the shuttle/Taxi to bars was easy and there wasn’t a long wait. The bar by the pool Was fun!

The room temperature was way too cold & it was very hard for my elderly mother to get warm. There was no way to control the temp. The door to our patio was hard to get open- kept sticking & no privacy on our patio. The last day I seen a guy two rooms over on the patio leaning on railing talking on his cell in his underwear. Awkward l!!

For a hotel more than $250/ night I was expecting better !! They only have one elevator working !! The food was no more than ok !! The rooms were clean but need an update to be competitive with the others around For my experience I won’t repeat for that price

Location beach front and restauranst around

There where a rata in the restaurant, there where under construction we coulnt even sleep good, service is so bad, they turn the water off in the room for 4 hours and they dont even give you an explanaition

The bed was very comfy, however, the comforter was dirty on the underside. The location was great. Was shocked when I went to get a towel the lady handed me one that she had just took in from someone else. I didn't keep it.

• Standard King Room

The small bugs every now and then were on the night stand randomly. They look like small ants. There was ONE elevator to use for the entire hotel which made it slow to get up and down. The prices for the food and drinks were a little over priced for the amount of food your getting.

The view was great and housekeeping was good. The employees were respectful.

The Tiki bartender wasnt very nice or pleasant. Everything else was great!!!!

Da Vinci pizza was amazing and the NY deli!!!! They are must trys!!!! Delicious.

Only one elevator was working, staf was using it fully and it was not possible to enter...only staff in the reception says hello. Parking in the front of the hotel costs 18$...never again!!!!

Mmmmm

• Standard King Room

As soon as we checked in (only 1 hour after check in time) they told us they didn’t have our room cleaned yet. Then the front desk clerk changed her story and said they didn’t have a king size bed available for us. Beware when you book a “standard room”! It is for a king OR two double beds. They get you to book with the cheaper prices and then add on the fees when you get there. We had to pay $50 more per night to stay in a room with a king bed. And if you park in their parking lot or valet, it is the same price. Ridiculous! We weren’t expecting all of the hidden fees associated with this resort.

It is located directly on the beach. The pool was clean and plenty of lounge chairs.

The bathroom was basic and could’ve been cleaner

For that price I was expecting a nicer room with a nicer view but it was very basic and the place needs a remodeling badly

The last two days one of the two elevators was under repair and the staff( with laundry bins at times) had to cram into one elevator which took time.

The location is amazing and close enough to walk to a few places for food and coffee. We stayed on the ninth floor and the bathroom looked brand new and the room had a microwave and fridge which was very convenient. Reading reviews prior to arrival made it seem that it wasn’t going to be good. I’m very picky and it was a great hotel. No issues with cleaning services, beach, towels or check in. Thank you!

• Standard King Room

Carpet in room needs replaced. Bunched up in places. Only one elevator was working for entire building. Signage explaining the issue and thanking everyone for their patience and understanding would have helped people be less angry.

The staff is friendly. Room is clean. Love the access to the beach.

• Standard King Room

Not one staff member was overly nice. Bartenders inside and out were below average. Didn't see many eating at restaurant so no comment regarding food. Pool and hot tub were nice.

The location and room were adequate, the balcony view was the best part of trip. The party bus shuttle at night was great! Drivers were very nice and helpful (they are not employed through hotel-its a separate business). The proximity to local businesses was good. I could walk to Winn Dixie and get what I wanted. Definitely chose to eat at local places instead of hotel restaurant.

Bathroom had very little accomodations for personal item to be kept. Don't care for paying fee for parking as a hotel patron.

Location and staff personal

• Standard King Room

The fact that the bar is suppose to be open until 10 but was closed down at 930. It was suppose to open at 11, was told by bartender it’s going to be another 30 minutes because I have to set up. The restaurant was overpriced and the food was disgusting. Very disappointed with the misleading pictures. The room had a musty smell, we had to call down to have our room cleaned at 8pm. I wouldn’t recommend this place to stay.

The location was fabulous right on the beach

The hotel was full of noisy, young people partying all the time, even at 4am in the morning, and management didn't seem to care! Definitely wouldn't stay here again or recommend to any of my friends, especially when paying nearly $200 a night.

The hotel is located on the beach.

The staff was rude and not friendly. The room was horrible. The bathroom was tiny. Had to pay for everything. Did not have umbrellas on pool deck had to pay for them. Chairs and umbrellas on beach were expensive.

Location. The location was great. You could walk to Lauderdale by the Sean.

• Standard King Room

Nothing! I have no complaints!

Great place to stay! Room was great and very clean! Beds were very comfortable. Love the pool and all the chairs to lay in the sun and all you have to do is walk down a few stairs and you are at the ocean! This is our second time staying after a cruise and will definitely stay again after our next cruise. Would love to plan on staying longer the next time!

The hotel in general is good, but could be very good or excellent. Example, very expensive valet park ($ 18 daily) the rooms would be better with a little maintenance, on weekends non-guests accumulate in the pool area. But in general it is acceptable

The room needed renovating. On arrival the safe and the telephone were not functioning. They were quickly fixed. The balcony door and room doors were old and not terribly secure,. The taps In the bathroom were old and barely functioned.; more water poured into the bath than came our the shower head! The beds were too small.

The beach was wonderful.

• Standard King Room

Service elevators didn’t seem to be working so hotel staff had to use guests elevators for housekeeping, etc.

Great location right on the beach. Close to many activities

• Standard King Room

Service at the restaurant was a bit slow and the drinks were overpriced

Love the location! And you don't have to go to far too get to the pool and the beach, everything is right there.

The place need upgrading. The rooms where small, the bathroom need a lot of work. Need to have a separate elevator for the cleaning staff.

I liked the location, the staff where extremely friendly and help full. I liked the hotel location and the access to the beach.

• Standard King Room

The drinks in the tiki bar where expensive and very pour quality but worst than that is the fact that they automatic charge you the tip!!! in the bill i believe that is not legal to do so you are not allowed to bring you own chair or umbrella to the beach that's crazy they push you to rent it from them or fry yourself under the sun

the location right by the beach is perfect and near to the down town It is a free bus that can take you there

• Standard King Room

The rooms were filthy! I was so grossed out! I was afraid to touch anything, my friends room had filthy sheets, the bathroom was disgusting. The front desk staff, was not friendly at all, it seemed like it was an inconvenience for him to be there. The pictures on line are deceiving.

On the beach.

I have been to this place a few times looks like the are trying to update but the rooms need to be updated. But still a clean friendly place.

Loved the staff nice very helpful. Loved where it is located.

I didn't like the throw up coming from the level above us as we relaxed on our balcony. Room wasn't cleaned properly upon arrival. One tiki bar bartender told customers to go somewhere else because she was busy. It is a nice hotel in a bad place. It was like being at a frat house party. Will not be returning.

I liked the room and the hot tub. Hotel lobby is nice.

The elevators were slow. The cleaning staff did not use the service elevator. They used the main elevators. My credit card was charged the full amount when I got there and then charged again when I left. This made my account negative.

The bathroom shower was great.

shower didnt drain fully. elevators were always an issue

Eddie concierge was fantastic. he went above & far beyond for us. He was outstanding!!! i hope you realize what a great asset he is to your hotel!

Parking guys were great! But the daily fee was a bit to much. Staff at the restaurant were great. But food was pricey. Have stayed here a few years in a row now and will come back again.

Love the view from the pool area. Beach nice pool. Great location

• Standard King Room

Hotel restaurant was expensive, WiFi barely worked, and our room needed either some updating or some extensive cleaning

Pool area and beach were great, loby of the hotel was clean, valet parking attendants were very nice

The young woman was very understanding and helped us change rooms. I really appreciate her and if it wasn’t for her, we would’ve probably had a miserable stay.

• Standard King Room

Seaweed on beach, elevator was always busy, towels were very hard, the cost of valet was too high for a daily cost

Location of pool on beach was very nice.

• Standard King Room

The bathroom in the room I was in needed renovation. Also the guests next door continued to smoke after repeatedly being told it was not allowed and the smoke permeated through the patio door which was not completely sealed.

I like the fact that it had resort amenities right on the beach and within walking distance of local restaurants. The management and concierge were very helpful.

The resort was dirty, old, expensive food and drink. The tiki bartender was rude and angry all the time. There was black mold in my bathroom and it took 10 days for them to come and (fix) it. Spray painted over it. I was there for 11 nights on vacation. The lock to our patio door was broken, the outlets were loose in the socket and not safe. I spent a lot of money and am very upset. The resort didn’t even offer some sort of discount for all these problems. I will never return and I will share the pictures and experience on all my social media areas. Kari jabour

Beach

Housekeeping could have been better. Our comforters both had food and/or blood stains on them when we arrived. When housekeeping would clean each day, they did not replenish all of the linens that were taken away and they did not replenish the coffee. Other than that, they did a good job.

The pool and hot tub were fantastic! Loved that the pool overlooks the beach. The beach was nice and there were a few restaurants and a grocery store that we could wask to easily.

Room needs updating. Needs more mirrors beside the little bathroom about 18x24 inches. Bathroom very small. Nice weather but disappointed when opened the door to the room

Location and patio dinner ng

room - walls were paper thin, could hear everything from other rooms. Beds very small. AC not working properly. Bathroom very outdated and tiny. When booking was not made aware of parking charge per vehicle per night. Seemed very high for self parking.

• Standard King Room

The down sides were, charging a daily fee to park your car and charges for airport transportation. Both of these should have been listed on your main page. The restaurant breakfast food (the only meal I ate there) was terrible.

rooms were clean. nice outside little balcony to view ocean. There were enough sun lounge chairs, and having a Jacuzzi was nice.

The bathroom needs to have a larger countertop. There was no room for beauty supplies. There was no top sheet on the beds.

The location is fabulous. The beach access is perfect!

• Standard King Room

Service at restaurant was very poor our first morning for breakfast so we did not choose to eat there again.

Location was convenient and proximity to beach was amazing! Room was clean and comfortable. Valet parking was convenient.

The rooms were awful. had a weird musty smell. they were the smallest rooms with double beds that i have ever stayed in. While staying there my son got an allergic skin reaction.. it had to had been from something in our room or the swimming pool. He only swam in the pool and got in the hot tub during our whole stay. We were terribly disappointed.

the beach.

The staff at the front desk is not friendly and the concierge acted like I was bothering him and was not friendly. The bartender at the outside tiki bar and the young man that does the cabana rentals were very nice.

The amenities and the fact that the property is on the beach

• Standard King Room

The front desk staff was friendly at check-in and at the time of our early departure, due to various unpleasantries throughout our stay. However, the facilities and room were less than subpar - there were not enough front desk or pool staff, and an overflow of cleaning staff that performed turndown services at the most unreasonable times - we smiled and greeted every staff member encountered, and did not receive even the slightest acknowledgment; I was extremely taken aback by this, especially when Blaga at the front desk stated there are language barriers that caused us to not be greeted by staff. I am still severely disappointed in this response, as a smile or nod does not require translation! We did not opt into turndown service, however our sleep was severely interrupted due to other rooms being tended to - early morning, before 9am - very loud. The overall experience was enough to ruin our local getaway, prompting us to depart earlier than anticipated. Although we were only charged for the two nights we did stay, the price paid was NOT worth the accommodations provided (room, ambiance, pool/beach features, lack of management staff on Sunday, excuses provided instead of apologies). I would not recommend.

I liked the location upon initial arrival.

• Standard King Room

The staff is rude & they act as if you are burdening them if you ask for something, from the front desk people to the restaurant (if you can find someone at the restaurant) to the tiki bar, & even the towel lady at the pool. There are much better options for the money you pay!

The location on the beach

• Standard King Room

Valets were incredibly rude as soon as we arrived. We parked in the designated checkin parking area. We told the Valet we would not need a parking pass during our stay because the vehicle we were arriving in was my sons and he was not staying with us. We were clear that as soon as we checked in we were leaving to go to dinner. The check in process took about 15 minutes. When we walked out of the main entrance right after checking in the same valets started walking toward us and began yelling “those spaces are only for check in” and motioning towards my sons vehicle. We reiterated that we had just checked in, but they still kept badgering us. We had to go get the desk clerk to verify that we had JUST CHECKED IN! Sheesh. If it had been really busy we could have understood the misunderstanding, but there was only one other couple checking in at the time we were at the front desk and no other guests coming or going at that time. Our other concern was that ALL the elevators were out of order about 80% of the time during our week long stay. When your room is on the 9th floor that’s a bit of a trek. On the rare occassion the elevators were operating the cleaning staff and their equipment took up a lot of the elevator availability. A recommendation would be to have an elevator for staff/employees only and elevators for guests only.

The location was right on the beach.

For the cost a free breakfast would have been a great option for this establishment. The elevators never worked for the first few days down to one elevator and the staff elevator was also down so many times loaded by room cleaners or simply stuck at floors for a long time most of the time used stairs. Very loud though Spring Break so understandable felt that many areas very dated and need major renovations.

elevators didn't work. Handicapped spine. only had room service one day. Hotel needs to . Way be refurbished Way overpriced. Would not recommend.

Beachfront

• Standard King Room

Elevators shut down.rude staff throwing trash making noise at 5am.no servers pool or beach side.spring break fistfight poor security.

Had beach chair rental

Cleaning/maintenance rude. In order to lay on the beach you have to rent chairs. You're not allowed to even bring your own chair onto the beach. Prices at the restaurant were astronomical!

Location & number of chairs at the pool

Browse Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort traveller photo gallery